• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An official Final Fantasy concert is coming to Washington D.C. in August 2018: https://www.otakon.com/activities/concerts/

DISTANT WORLDS: MUSIC FROM FINAL FANTASY - Friday Concert
Location: Main Events | Date: Friday, August 10th, 2018 | Time: 7:00 PM

AWR Music Productions, LLC is proud to present the official symphony concert world-tour Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY. Launched in conjunction with the twentieth anniversary of FINAL FANTASY, this concert tour features the music of Japanese video game composer Nobuo Uematsu and is conducted by Grammy award-winner Arnie Roth. This multimedia experience combines stirring screen images to match the soaring emotions of a symphony orchestra performing music from SQUARE ENIX'S world-renowned FINAL FANTASY video game series.

According to this, Square Enix wants to raise awareness and appreciation of video game music:

Video game music has grown increasingly popular in the last few years. Music plays an integral role in today's games, enhancing the players' overall experience. While still a growing market, video game soundtracks are now sold in major outlets and include a variety of genres such as rock, hip-hop, electronica, classical compositions, and songs performed by popular artists. The FINAL FANTASY soundtracks, which are original compositions, have grown so popular that TIME magazine named series composer Nobuo Uematsu a notable "Innovator" in its recent "Time 100: the Next Wave Music" feature. SQUARE ENIX hopes to pioneer awareness and appreciation of not only its own musical creations, but also video game music throughout the industry.

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I caught the show in London last year and it was amazing. Don't miss it if you're a fan of the series or music in general!

Rask

Oct 25, 2017
Went to the Newark show last year and it's fantastic. I drive to DC pretty often, might go again if the calendar lines up.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Do you just have to go to Otakon to see this? Do you have to be there and pay more to see the show?

How does this work exactly?

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why this show has it's own thread? Distant Worlds has been a pretty constant gig for the past year.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
DC here too.

Is there a way to go to the concert without registering for the entire con? Because I look under events and I see "LARPing" and "Maid Cafe," and I'm 100% sure I'm not interested in 99% of what this convention has to offer.

Amishpriest

Oct 26, 2017
Me too as well. I've heard about this concert before but haven't been to one yet. I'm going to be going to Otakon this year so I will be able to go to this one.

I'm going to Otakon again this year, but I'm guessing this is going to require standing in line for the better part of the day on Friday so I'm not sure I want to lose so much of the day to that.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna hear that full opening theme from FF7 live one day. I'm totally jealous of anyone lucky enough to catch this concert