Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Google translate
As we have introduced in official broadcasts, this work is not compatible with offline multiplayer.🙏
For development reasons, it is necessary to select either offline or online, so we selected online multiplayer so that more people can play.

Last edited:

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
You might as well cancel it at that point.

Edit: Misread it, just no offline, sucks but fine.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What a way to kill the game

And if its due to the cost then even worse since now barely anyone will buy it

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Would never really use local anyway but this is bizarre.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yall dont want Local Multiplayer on the Switch trust me. The range is so flaky and if you get up and move away from the host/others the connection dies and you have to start all over. It's infuriating, especially in Animal Crossing where it takes 5 mins per person to get on an island. Might as well everyone use online

Nov 5, 2019
Not cool for those who wanted local multiplayer. But so long as the online is nice and stable, me and my friends are looking forward to it.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yall dont want Local Multiplayer on the Switch trust me. The range is so flaky and if you get up and move away from the host/others the connection dies and you have to start all over. It's infuriating, especially in Animal Crossing where it takes 5 mins per person to get on an island. Might as well everyone use online
You could just play on one console like on Gamecube. That's how I play local with Switch most of the time.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
"You dont want options"

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Pro controllers have great range; same with 3rd party controllers like the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro.

This will be a skip; I'm glad I still have my original copy with a stack of GBAs + Link cables in storage.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't playing local with anyone anytime soon so I guess this doesnt kill it for me. I also own a lite on top of a regular switch so I can still do multiplayer with a friend in the future since they have that free version.

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but the original barely had local multiplayer to begin with, despite that being its whole gimmick. The GBA solution was prohibitive, and I'd bet a vast majority of people that owned the game never got enough people/GBAs together to make it worth while.

It sucks for the minority of people that would want the option. But for the most part online is all a vast majority would use for this anyways.

This is in reference to same-screen multiplayer, like the original featured.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a price for this yet? I assume that it won't be 60. I'm also wondering why there's no PC version.

I'm still buying this day 1.

Jump_Button

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So phone? but why take it away from game consoles the OG game is nothing but a offline/local multiplayer game

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
Man, you look at all the stuff they added to the game and yet, I would have happily given up all of it if it meant being able to play this with my girlfriend. What a shame.

Patch13

Oct 27, 2017
New England
Huh. I wasn't expecting multiplayer on the same Switch, on account of the hidden missions and such, but I did hope that they'd offer LAN play.

At this particular moment in time, LAN play isn't exactly going to be happening a whole lot, though, so this feels like an omission without much consequence.

I wonder whether they'll have tweaked any rules surrounding surviving outside of the circle of the crystal chalice. It'll be nice, at least, to be able to dash out of the circle without also dashing off the screen ...

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame that all the knowledge on how to make local multiplayer was lost during Videogame dark ages.

twofive

Oct 27, 2017

Luckily for us, we played Monster Hunter XX and beat g rank on local multiplayer without a hitch.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If given the option I prefer online over local, especially with everything going on now. Sucks for those that were really looking forward to it.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rofl, they took out the one feature that made the original so fun to play. Gtfo

Patch13

Oct 27, 2017
New England

Heh. The poster speaks truth. I've had a couple of Majong games cut off because somebody went to the kitchen to make themselves a sandwich. If you've got decent Internet pipes, it makes sense to just route everything online.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I personally don't care about local MP but wasn't the originally just that
Wtf is Square Enix doing

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
lmao

The original only offered multiplayer to those who jumped through a lot of hoops

And now the remaster doesn't offer the simplest multiplayer option

Day 1 regardless. Wasn't planning on playing locally anyway :P

Oct 26, 2017
Right, must've imagined playing Mario Kart with 6 others locally while another group played RE5 coop.
You having a bad experience doesn't mean that this game shouldn't offer the most basic functionality. Especially on Switch there's no excuse for not having it.