• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly talking with people that have been with the franchise for years like Sakaguchi, Uematsu or Kitase, but there are still looks to the games themselves. No subtitles, though.

5:13 for FFI, II and III
15:25 for FFIV, V and VI

The games will start releasing next month (Sold separately). Download of the now private video available at Gematsu down below.

www.gematsu.com

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series launches beginning July

The recently announced Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series will launch in order starting in July, Square Enix announced in a now-removed presentation video.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Sprite work is soooo much better than the mobile remakes.

Wonder if we'll get any new content. Give me just one new superboss in each and I'll do all six again easy.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Sprite work is soooo much better than the mobile remakes.

Wonder if we'll get any new content. Give me just one new superboss in each and I'll do all six again easy.
Even including the GBA/PSP content would be enough, as long as FF1 has tweaks to restore what they can of the original difficulty so it's not so easy.

It will be interesting though to see how they handle changes to FF3. It looks like they are using the NES version as the basis, but there is room for them to make minor tweaks and additions.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
KWxrFll.jpg
LnvgpPs.png

I get what they were going for but Narshe looks like a bunch of houses were dumped out of a bucket into a canyon.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
rvOOwH9.png

92MZglO.png

E5BQorQUUAc9iiW

Couple of new looks into the sprites.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Starts releasing next month.

I still can't get over the fact that they found a way to fuck up such an absolute instant win.
Yeah, just found out its not a bundle and they're going to release them one at a time which is surprising.

Huh...that feels kind of weird but sure, what the hell.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Look at the upper left screen. You can see the town down the mountain! That's new! They are going further than I thought they would with the graphics redesign!

I love everything that I am seeing.

unknown.png

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
KWxrFll.jpg
LnvgpPs.png

I get what they were going for but Narshe looks like a bunch of houses were dumped out of a bucket into a canyon.
I do think the hair is a touch to bright but I feel like that picture doesn't quite capture the original. If you look at this or this the color is clearly brighter.

Also, the houses are there. Just dark and small in your picture.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I am so damn hype for this. Gonna devour this vid, looks great.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can any Japanese-speaker here let us know if the presentation touches on the music or sound effects? Are they getting a touch-up?

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
The houses are there in the original. They are just harder to make out due to the visual quality of that shot.
My point wasn't that they added the town. They made it closer, brighter, and more buildings. The way the buildings are bunched together looks a bit off to me. They stick out too much and feel off-angle or something.

W2U1952.png

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
FF III was so good when it came out. It's still my all time favorite.

I remember getting blown away when what I though was the ending was like the halfway mark. Such a great story.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
Copy/paste from the other thread:

These look good actually. I wish there is a console version. Shame it is not a collection….

Side note: as the FF brand manager, Kitase didn't mention FF14 Endwalker and FF16 when asked about new titles…hmmm

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this is translated as I'd like to hear what they have to say, but… would it kill Square to just release a basic comparison video

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I hope that for the bosses they make them like the PSP releases:
latest

And not like the GBA/PS1 ones:
latest

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hmm...these remakes are okay. I don't like how they standardized the lok between each game. The brighter colors don't work for every single FF. FFV for instance looks great, but VI could do with some more desaturated colors to match the overall tone of the game. NItpicky, sure, but this is FF we're talking about here. It's a series that deserves nothing less.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
My point wasn't that they added the town. They made it closer, brighter, and more buildings. The way the buildings are bunched together looks a bit off to me. They stick out too much and feel off-angle or something.

W2U1952.png
Given the CRT discussion that has popped up a lot lately, I wonder if maybe they popped more on a CRT than they do on modern displays. It's been decades since I've admittedly seen that on original hardware on a device they were designed around.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to have a translation of this presentation! Love seeing Sakaguchi. I'll get these for Steam for sure, but I would still really love to get them on my PS5 or Switch =\

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the brighter palette on FF6. And before you say "but that's how it was on CRT" I want some hard proof because I don't have any recollection of FF3 USA looking like this when I was younger.

plutoknight09

Sep 18, 2020
Honestly, aside from the battle scene that FF6 comparison looks pretty fine to me.

Leaps and bounds ahead of the mobile trash.

I hate the brighter palette on FF6. And before you say "but that's how it was on CRT" I want some hard proof because I don't have any recollection of FF3 USA looking like this when I was younger.

I played the mobile version of FF6 modded with original sprites and such on PC and that's...about as bright as I remember. The sprites maybe lack some shading though.

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Looks good! Hope they (or someone else) sub this video. btw, I don't mind subtle lighting changes. I never get people that say a minor change "alters the mood of the scene"... like, it doesn't at all.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
For people criticizing the brightness, I think it's fair not to like it but I really do think it's intentional as has been said in past threads.
F3HX0n8.png

I added the new pixels to this one comparison by that CRT twitter you can see stuff like Terra's hair, pauldron etc. were made brighter when seen through a crt and I believe they're trying to replicate that look rather than go with the emulated raw pixel style which we're used to seeing.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe anyone who says they actually noticed the Narshe houses in the original game. Lmao. Those are blurry AF. Had no idea we were looking at anything but mountains.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
deokZ4O.png

lol

Now just give me console releases with full trophy support for each game :(

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope these games have the extra content from the various re-releases. That would be a huge missed opportunity otherwise.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Given the CRT discussion that has popped up a lot lately, I wonder if maybe they popped more on a CRT than they do on modern displays. It's been decades since I've admittedly seen that on original hardware on a device they were designed around.
The original on CRT generally looks that colorful and roughly that bright. The only thing I think they are messing up a bit is the color of Terra's hair and eyes.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I'm sure V and VI will be fine but I much prefer the work on the PSP versions of I, II, and IV.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
For people criticizing the brightness, I think it's fair not to like it but I really do think it's intentional as has been said in past threads.
F3HX0n8.png

I added the new pixels to this one comparison by that CRT twitter you can see stuff like Terra's hair, pauldron etc. were made brighter when seen through a crt and I believe they're trying to replicate that look rather than go with the emulated raw pixel style which we're used to seeing.
Terra's hair on the right side is much closer to the left side than the middle sprite. Not only it's pastel thorough it is also flat af

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks good! For sure a much better attempt than the old PC version of FF6. I hope this one will make it to consoles eventually.

Also, I find it pretty cool that there was a short Fantasian promotional segment on an official Square Enix channel (25:00-26:30). Even more than this Pixel Remaster, I hope this will make it to consoles too.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南

W2U1952.png

To be fair, it looks like Narshe is literally going through a blackout in the original and no one has power which isn't the case.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if these will end up looking better than the originals, but given past releases of classic Final Fantasy games, this could have gone so much worse.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Yooooo

Why wont they release a proper video trailer showcasing all of the games.

Damn man, this might make me buy all of them day 1.

So fricken excited to get FF1 and FF2 on PC but the rest are awesome bonuses - so hyped lol

KWxrFll.jpg
LnvgpPs.png

I....actually like the shot.

Cant wait to play these on Steam.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope these games have the extra content from the various re-releases. That would be a huge missed opportunity otherwise.
It really shouldn't be too much of a problem for most of them. 1 and 2's were both optional post game content, so you can preserve the original experience and still have them around. 5 and 6 have some stuff you can encounter earlier on, but they're still optional.

The only real complication is what to do about "extra" content for 3 and 4. The later has two distinct updated versions they can pull from that had separate content that probably wouldn't mesh well together and the additional content for the former wouldn't work as immediately if you backported it without the changes that remake made.