• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
As part of the "Big in Japan" sale on PSN, almost all Final Fantasy games and DLC have received massive sales.

Most of the mainline games have been reduced (except XIV):
KlB061G.jpg
Jk2beu6.jpg
HbJQnAM.jpg
oJwBjFJ.jpg
o6bsVzQ.jpg
9uzKlvr.jpg

Side games and spin-offs (including some DLC) are on sale too:
9fFDkzk.jpg
OwEKl9M.jpg
nSTKrQ9.jpg
dkJrisz.jpg
SkEDzCV.jpg
d1KhaQt.jpg
BwkUdQ2.jpg

Even all the DLC to FFXV is on sale for SUPER cheap (I know some of you have been waiting for the Season Pass and Royal Pack to be discounted we never thought it would be but here we are):
envkWs3.jpg
bRJ4VsY.jpg
Okfrlqm.jpg
4mz0NlI.jpg
dIZCxN3.jpg
tTMWl6U.jpg
absxaHi.jpg

blog.us.playstation.com

Save up to 70% with PS Store’s Big in Japan Sale

Pick up Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package, NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition,Code Vein and more.

You can go directly to all the Final Fantasy games on sale here: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?direction=asc&platform=ps4&query=final fantasy&sort=price

Edit: Since everyone is asking what Royal Edition of FFXV has, here is the trailer that explains what you get.

Tldr; You get everything except Episode Ardyn.

Edit 2: Here are all the links to all things FF on sale thanks to our wonderful member Captain of Outer Space:

Here's a list for you to use, OP:

PS4
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy! - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy VII - $7.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy IX Digital Edition - $10.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer Comrades - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition - $17.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

PSVR
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

PS3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

Vita

PSP
Final Fantasy III - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

PS1 Classics
Final Fantasy V - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy VI - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy VII - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy VIII - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy IX - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy Origins - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6
Final Fantasy Tactics - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

PS4 Add-ons
Final Fantasy XV - Add-on Sale (6) - 50% Off - Ends 3/6

Last edited:
OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Nice!

Some of them prices can be lower still, i hear sale i think two bux.

Lol, I hear ya, but this is the biggest and cheapest I've seen some of these games in quite some time.

What is "A King's Tale: FFXV"? A mobile game? It looks like it

A Kings Tale was an arcade-like game that was a preorder bonus for FFXV. They eventually released it for free for everyone.

I would say so. A lot of people think it's great. Many positive reviews from fans and critics.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I enjoyed it, I think is a decent adventure with a likeable cast of main characters, but by no means is a "good" game (at least the day one version which I played).

I think getting the Royal Pack and Season Pass at these super discounted prices and giving it another go may shift your stance a bit. I know Royal Pack did a lot to elevate the game. And the character dlcs are all super fun and great plays.

Might be time to pick up FF9. Never got a chance to play it

Same. I think it's the only FF thing I don't have on my PS4. Also that WOFF Maxima DLC upgrade is finally at a price I'm enticed by. May give that a purchase too!

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the first time I've struggled to understand the DLC but am I right in saying neither the season pass or royal pass include all of the DLC? I think the only content I would want is the episodes for Ignis, Prompto etc but do I have to buy some separately?

Oct 25, 2017
I also have a FF XV question.

Is FFXV a game worth replaying for someone who beat the game at launch?

Bought the game at launch, beat it, and haven't touched it since. Heard there was a bunch of new stuff for this royal edition. Worth replaying the WHOLE game again with this stuff? Does it elevate the game by a good degree?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I think getting the Royal Pack and Season Pass at these super discounted prices and giving it another go may shift your stance a bit. I know Royal Pack did a lot to elevate the game. And the character dlcs are all super fun and great plays.

Same. I think it's the only FF thing I don't have on my PS4. Also that WOFF Maxima DLC upgrade is finally at a price I'm enticed by. May give that a purchase too!

I'm thinking about picking up WOFF as well.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not Final Fantasy related, but finally Nier is on sale again

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is the first time I've struggled to understand the DLC but am I right in saying neither the season pass or royal pass include all of the DLC? I think the only content I would want is the episodes for Ignis, Prompto etc but do I have to buy some separately?
Season Pass - Ignis, Prompto, Gladio, and Comrades DLC
Royal Upgrade - Expands the final chapter, and it's not part of the season pass.

If you have the vanilla game, then you'll need the Season Pass + Royal Upgrade + Ardyn Episode. If you buy the Royal Edition then you only need to buy the Ardyn DLC episode.

Bought the game at launch, beat it, and haven't touched it since. Heard there was a bunch of new stuff for this royal edition. Worth replaying the WHOLE game again with this stuff? Does it elevate the game by a good degree?
It does elevate the game. The royal upgrade expands the final chapter, and includes a bunch of new bosses, lets you swap characters, and expands the armigir mechanic. The DLC episodes flesh out the main characters even more, and
show what happen when the bros leave your party
. But let me ask you , did you enjoy the vanilla experience? The updates not going to change your opinion radically, but if you did enjoy your time with the vanilla experience then yeah go for it. But if you hated the game, then it's not going to make you love it.

The DLC episodes are also accessed from the menu, so you don't have to replay the entire game.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles

I can see how it would be confusing as the game gives a lot of options on how much DLC you want. So I hope my answer can help.

If you get Royal Edition you get all the DLC EXCEPT Episode Ardyn as that had released after Royal Edition released.

If you have the original game, Royal Pack is an upgrade for the main game.

The Season Pass gives you Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Episode Ignis, and Multiplayer Comrades.

Episode Ardyn is not included in season pass.

So basically....

Own the day one version of FFXV? Buy Royal PACK, Season Pass, and Episode Ardyn.

Haven't bought FFXV and a new player? Buy Royal EDITION and Episode Ardyn.

Definitely, especially if you get Royal Pack as I think it really helps iron out the last few hours. And the character DLCs are really some of the best story DLC for a game imho.

I'm thinking about picking up WOFF as well.

I only played a few hours when it launched. Maybe I should start again XD

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Season Pass - Ignis, Prompto, Gladio, and Comrades DLC
Royal Upgrade - Expands the final chapter, and it's not part of the season pass.

If you have the vanilla game, then you'll need the Season Pass + Royal Upgrade + Ardyn Episode. If you buy the Royal Edition then you only need to buy the Ardyn DLC episode.

It does elevate the game. The royal upgrade expands the final chapter, and includes a bunch of new bosses, lets you swap characters, and expands the armigir mechanic. The DLC episodes flesh out the main characters even more, and
show what happen when the bros leave your party
. But let me ask you , did you enjoy the vanilla experience? The updates not going to change your opinion radically, but if you did enjoy your time with the vanilla experience then yeah go for it. But if you hated the game, then it's not going to make you love it.

The DLC episodes are also accessed from the menu, so you don't have to replay the entire game.

Just a minor correction here, but the character swapping was a free update to the game, and you unlock each character in the Ascension Grid.

Oct 31, 2017
Of course I gave my PS4 to my brother to borrow for the next couple of months right before this smfh

I miss FFVIII :(
And World of FF idk why I gave that away :(

I would also consider buying Chocobo's Dungeon but this version butchered the opening CG cutscene and made the cutscenes way worse for no reason lol (and they were already bad)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up.

Been meaning to grab IX anyway now that the audio glitch is finally gone.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Question about Comrades (DLC) for FFXV.

I have the Royal Edition of the game and remember Comrades shutting down in some form. Can I currently access Comrades and get all the trophies or do I need to get the paid DLC Comrades to play it? My intention is to play the mode offline if that makes any difference.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Question about Comrades (DLC) for FFXV.

I have the Royal Edition of the game and remember Comrades shutting down in some form. Can I currently access Comrades and get all the trophies or do I need to get the paid DLC Comrades to play it? My intention is to play the mode offline if that makes any difference.

I believe if you had Comrades at any point, you were able to get standalone Comrades free of charge.

It wasn't shutdown, but they made it standalone so you didnt need FFXV to play, and also to reduce the space FFXV took up on HDD due to Comrades.

As for trophies for Comrades, on the main game, there is no way to get those trophies now. But Comrades has a separate trophy list now for its standalone version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you never earned a trophy in Comrades in the main game, that list doesn't appear for you?

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't own Final Fantasy VIII Remastered then this is the time to buy it! Amazing deal for a great game.

I know a few people who will want this playable on PS4 so this is great that VIII is available.

Of course I gave my PS4 to my brother to borrow for the next couple of months right before this smfh

I miss FFVIII :(
And World of FF idk why I gave that away :(

I would also consider buying Chocobo's Dungeon but this version butchered the opening CG cutscene and made the cutscenes way worse for no reason lol (and they were already bad)

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered

It is a time of war. The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its great armies against the other nations of the world. Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadias...

Here you go! You can still get the deal right now without your PS4. :)

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
No it is beyond awful and it is easily worse than FFIII and V. The price for game is cheap and if you want to buy it then by all means go for it. If you have money to spare.
Overall I did not enjoy the game. I didn't like the combat, the summon system was dumb and the story nonsensical.

The only thing that really stuck with was the secret dungeon at the end, the friendship of the dudes and the very very end.

I am sorry you three didn't enjoy the game. I hope you can give it another chance someday.

Yes, it's a really enjoyable game and this is coming from someone who finished (and loved) the game even before any of the updates/DLCs came out.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Did you play any of the expansions or episode DLCs? What did you think of those?

If you don't own Final Fantasy VIII Remastered then this is the time to buy it! Amazing deal for a great game.

I know a few people who will want this playable on PS4 so this is great that VIII is available.

FINAL FANTASY VIII Remastered

It is a time of war. The Republic of Galbadia, under the influence of the sorceress Edea, mobilizes its great armies against the other nations of the world. Squall and other members of SeeD, an elite mercenary force, join hands with Rinoa, a resistance fighter, to fight against Galbadias...

Here you go! You can still get the deal right now without your PS4. :)

FFVIII is one of my personal favorite Final Fantasy games. So I'm in agreement, this is a great deal!

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Did you play any of the expansions or episode DLCs? What did you think of those?
Well I loved the vanilla version so much that I ended-up putting 90+ hours into it and even got the Platinum trophy for it. After that, it just felt weird to go back to the game. Even after all the additions I was kinda scared that replaying it might hurt my initial enjoyment of the game. So no I haven't played any of the added contents (not even the revised Chapter 13.... was it? Not even that).

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Well I loved the vanilla version so much that I ended-up putting 90+ hours into it and even got the Platinum trophy for it. After that, it just felt weird to go back to the game. Even after all the additions I was kinda scared that replaying it might hurt my initial enjoyment of the game. So no I haven't played any of the added contents (not even the revised Chapter 13.... was it? Not even that).

That's an understandable fear. Everything added is more additive to the experience as nothing was taken out of the game. If Royal Pack isn't for you cause you just want to keep the vanilla version intact in your mind that's a-okay. I still highly recommend.

As for the Character DLCs (Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, Ardyn) they're all separate from the main game and, I think, really great additions. I think it would be a shame to miss those if you enjoyed the main game so much...

Edit: Personally I just find XV as my comfort game and regularly go back and play at least once a month. Just makes me feel good playing it and I love the actual role-play element of the game.

Edit 2: They buffed the ring but they didn't really change Chapter 13, they added a new route in the story if people wanted to avoid the Noctis section :/

But there is a way to get all the story beats in Noctis's route and Gladios route if you camp at the right moment with Noct and switch to Gladios route.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
You should give episode Ignis, Prompto, and Ardyn a shot if you loved the game. You don't even need to play the game again to access it.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I will never enjoy FFXV. No need to be sorry. We are not going to love every FF in the series and it is my favorite series.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That's an understandable fear. Everything added is more additive to the experience as nothing was taken out of the game. If Royal Pack isn't for you cause you just want to keep the vanilla version intact in your mind that's a-okay. I still highly recommend.

As for the Character DLCs (Gladio, Prompto, Ignis, Ardyn) they're all separate from the main game and, I think, really great additions. I think it would be a shame to miss those if you enjoyed the main game so much...

Edit: Personally I just find XV as my comfort game and regularly go back and play at least once a month. Just makes me feel good playing it and I love the actual role-play element of the game.
You should give episode Ignis, Prompto, and Ardyn a shot if you loved the game. You don't even need to play the game again to access it.
I do go back and forth on this every time I see the season pass on sale. If I hadn't bought DQXI in this sale I probably would've grabbed the DLCs for XV after your recommendations, but for now I think I'll wait for the next time they go on sale. Thanks tho, I really appreciate you guys recommending them.
I also have to admit that I was bummed that the second batch of DLCs got canceled since I had decided to finally play all the DLCs once the second pass had fully come out. Episode Noctis still sounds great :(

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
RUN AWAY FROM MONSTER FROM THE DEEP LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Seriously, don't even consider getting it. It's horrible.

That said, everything else on the sale is great. Jump on that Zodiac Age ASAP!

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm happy about the deals. Now that I own a PS4, FFVIII remastered is going to be so bought! I am also strongly considering getting FFIX and FFVII despite owning the original versions and PSN versions playable on the PS3/PSP/Vita.

I believe if you had Comrades at any point, you were able to get standalone Comrades free of charge.

It wasn't shutdown, but they made it standalone so you didnt need FFXV to play, and also to reduce the space FFXV took up on HDD due to Comrades.

As for trophies for Comrades, on the main game, there is no way to get those trophies now. But Comrades has a separate trophy list now for its standalone version.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you never earned a trophy in Comrades in the main game, that list doesn't appear for you?

Thanks for your detailed reply. It's unfortunate that it's not possible to platinum the game anymore, but I will have to make due with the separate trophy list of that mode.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I do go back and forth on this every time I see the season pass on sale. If I hadn't bought DQXI in this sale I probably would've grabbed the DLCs for XV after your recommendations, but for now I think I'll wait for the next time they go on sale.

I also have to admit that I was bummed that the second patch of DLCs got canceled since I had decided to finally play all the DLCs once the second pass had fully come out. Episode Noctis still sounds great :(

I'm gonna be super honest, I really don't know when this will be on sale again. I'm not trying to alarm you or rush you, it's your money after all. XD

But yeah, I think this is genuinely the first time I've seen the DLC on sale. And it's pretty cheap (I'm pretty sure Episode Ardyn is a price error as it was $10 a few days ago), so I understand if you can't but I honestly don't know if this will be on sale again.

Royal Edition most definitely will be on sale again as it goes on sale with every FF sale.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be super honest, I really don't know when this will be on sale again. I'm not trying to alarm you or rush you, it's your money after all. XD

But yeah, I think this is genuinely the first time I've seen the DLC on sale. And it's pretty cheap (I'm pretty sure Episode Ardyn is a price error as it was $10 a few days ago), so I understand if you can't but I honestly don't know if this will be on sale again.

Royal Edition most definitely will be on sale again as it goes on sale with every FF sale.
Thanks but the DLCs have been on sale before and I'm sure it'll happen in the future. You can use this site to check how many times an item on PSN has been on sale btw:
en.psprices.com

-60% Final Fantasy XV Season Pass

Price drop in official PlayStation Store store for Final Fantasy XV Season Pass

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
RUN AWAY FROM MONSTER FROM THE DEEP LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Seriously, don't even consider getting it. It's horrible.

That said, everything else on the sale is great. Jump on that Zodiac Age ASAP!

I just wish XII had its base price cut so when sales like this happen it can be a bit cheaper so it's more enticing to folks.

But I have the steelbook and game so I'm good. XD

I'm happy about the deals. Now that I own a PS4, FFVIII remastered is going to be so bought! I am also strongly considering getting FFIX and FFVII despite owning the original versions and PSN versions playable on the PS3/PSP/Vita.

Thanks for your detailed reply. It's unfortunate that it's not possible to platinum the game anymore, but I will have to make due with the separate trophy list of that mode.

Yeah sorry you cant 100% anymore. But you can still platinum it at least! ^_^

Buy Ff8,ff9and Ffxv top tier

now where's the 13 remaster square

You know what's up!

And I'm not entirely against XIII trilogy remaster but I'm playing it on my PC and man...I'm trudging through it. I remember XIII-2 really fondly though.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Thanks but the DLCs have been on sale before and I'm sure it'll happen in the future. You can use this site to check how many times an item on PSN has been on sale btw:
en.psprices.com

-60% Final Fantasy XV Season Pass

Price drop in official PlayStation Store store for Final Fantasy XV Season Pass

Oh wow it has! This is a super useful site thank you. I'm sorry for sounding the way I did, I honestly didn't know at all! XD

This is literally the first time I've seen everything XV on sale. I'm so sorry for that. But I look forward hopefully someday to hearing what you think about the DLC.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow it has! This is a super useful site thank you. I'm sorry for sounding the way I did, I honestly didn't know at all! XD

This is literally the first time I've seen everything XV on sale. I'm so sorry for that. But I look forward hopefully someday to hearing what you think about the DLC.
No worries man. And yea, I hope one day I play and enjoy the DLCs as well!