• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
1/3 - Amarant SSB

Again, not a dupe, but holy shit this is useless.

Parade tally:

IX: Amarant SSB
X: Seymour BSSB2
XI: Skip
XII: Penelo BSSB1
XIII: Noel LMR
XIV: Skip
XV: Iris LMR

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
So uhh... I just went 3/3 for the 2nd day in row. Not as impressive as yesterday's though.

Freya BSB - doesn't give enWind and the cmds are bleh, but might see use in CMs
Quina LMR x2 - 1st one was new, but then a dupe. Starting with Last Stand and major Regen is okay i guess.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
MORE GOOD LUCK!

Vivi USB!

WarAdept would be proud.

latest

Welcome brother

It's a pretty good OSB. Tri Elemental that does more damage on weakness.

So uhh... I just went 3/3 for the 2nd day in row. Not as impressive as yesterday's though.

Freya BSB - doesn't give enWind and the cmds are bleh, but might see use in CMs
Quina LMR x2 - 1st one was new, but then a dupe. Starting with Last Stand and major Regen is okay i guess.

Yeah Freya's BSB was in a weird time where they were pushing her to be a dual Dragoon/Support, but didnt have access to Dancer 5 yet.

Quina's LMR is fantastic, but basically encourages you to LD it. LM2 + LMR + DMT + blasting Quina at the start of battle = Instant 1000SB (4 bars) to Entrust to anyone.

1/3 Vivi LMR

A fire boost hat is nice. Not sure how good it will fit with him as all I have is his SSB1/BSB2.

Super strong +fire armour for mages. The LMR is great too, but needs some Quickcast shenannigans.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Running total:

15/T/0: Marach LMR
14: Thancred SSB2
13: Fang BSB (dupe)
12: Ashe OSB
11: Prishe BSB
10: Wakka SSB (dupe)
9: Steiner BSB2

Honestly pretty happy about Steiner's BSB2.

Oct 29, 2017
Freya SSB. Not a dupe, and I like the character at least. The soul break itself is beyond useless.

I have yet to get anything really decent but at 3 non-dupes so far I'm already doing better on that front than the last Realms on Parade, so I guess that's something.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Adept,

What about using ViVi for non fire magicite? I see his LMR I got during the event where you got his USB yourself that it's for all blm and not just fire for the dmg boost.

He just wouldn't be enElement. Wondering what he could do with Tornado and Midgardsormr or against Tiamat with chain ice and maybe vortex.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Adept,

What about using ViVi for non fire magicite? I see his LMR I got during the event where you got his USB yourself that it's for all blm and not just fire for the dmg boost.

He just wouldn't be enElement. Wondering what he could do with Tornado and Midgardsormr or against Tiamat with chain ice and maybe vortex.

Vivi is one of the 2 mages that despite specializing in one element, does reasonably well in the other elements due to w-cast black (and not one type of element) amongst other factors (his LMR is a big factor in why he does so well in other elements).

I use Vivi with other elements all the time. He's part of my Marilith team, despite the entire team being physical. And has pulled me through the other magicites as well.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Vivi is one of the 2 mages that despite specializing in one element, does reasonably well in the other elements due to w-cast black (and not one type of element) amongst other factors (his LMR is a big factor in why he does so well in other elements).

I use Vivi with other elements all the time. He's part of my Marilith team, despite the entire team being physical. And has pulled me through the other magicites as well.

I need to do some more setups and testing with builds but vs Midsormr I was having OK do double meltdowns for 6300x4 doubled but the one test I did today had Vivi hitting 8900x4 double meltdowns. Same buffs and boosts. Only thing that sucks is even with Meltdown at rank 4, he was burning through the hones fast. I will probably give him my newly raised R3 Tornado. It was doing decent (chainga) damage.

Anyways, ya I never foresaw bringing Vivi to anything that wasn't ff9 synergy or fire weakness but this little guy is versatile with the USB+LMR combo.

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
Which one?

Her EnWind SSB which has some value?

Or her trash no jump time SSB?
The latter :(

T/XV/∅: Delita SSB
XIV: Yda SSB
XIII: Lightning Glint
XI: Aphmau LMR
X: Seymour USB, Lulu SSB, Paine BSB
IX: Freya SSB
VIII: Irvine USB

the X pull was o_O and I don't have any other Irvine relics besides his junky old SSBs, I have Aphmau BSB so that one is good. I have delita BSB, no yda relics, seymour bsb1, no relics for lulu or paine, and freya bsb1.

No dupes so far!

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
1/3 - Raijin's BSB, my first relic for him. I don't think this will see much use.

Running tally:
15/T/0: Orlandeau BSB (dupe)
14: Y'shtola USB
13: Lightning BSB (dupe)
12: Fran USB
11: Prishe BSB (dupe)
10: Seymour USB
9: Amarant BSB
8: Raijin OSB

Shadow780

Nov 16, 2017
I should probably select Squall BSB2 from the Gem-only pull if I didn't get it on the Parade, right?

Are there any other stand-outs?

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably select Squall BSB2 from the Gem-only pull if I didn't get it on the Parade, right?

Are there any other stand-outs?

You could wait until after the luckies at the start of fest, just in case.

Squall BSB2 is the best thing on there in a vacuum. Past that you're looking at +element items and/or something new for a character you already have other stuff for.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
1/3
Squall LMR

Hmmn, missing his BSB2 before he can go full beast mode...makes banner 4 of the next fest more tempting.

Oct 25, 2017
Squall USB dupe. Damn. Disco tease. At least it wasn't a dupe seifer usb, which imho is the worst usb I own, which is saying something when I have pencil one and galuf. No what an I smoking, seifer os on the fire sword I have augmented, so I'd much rather add 6 atk pts that...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
1/3 - Quina SSB (dupe)

Meh, but it's Water+ so that's useful.

1/3 - Selphie USB

Now that's more like it. :D

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Irvine Fire BSB. Not sure if he had more than one BSB. I won't ever use the soul break but at least something new and it's +Fire gun.

Haha that's what I got as well! In a vacuum it's not bad as a +fire gun and an Imperil Fire I guess? I've already got a ton of fire options like most folks probably do including Krile's CSB, so I just have no idea where I would reasonably slot this into a team. That said it wasn't a dupe and might be great for CM stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Any +elem gun is great for machinists and sharpshooters. Augment that thing for extra kick. Also lightning can spellblade with it (also Paine), so if you're really really having issues with isgebind you can try her out.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
For the first time, I bought more than 100 gems worth of currency.

Pulled on the 500 gem.

MeTTSrnl.jpg

I'm very happy.

And I have no idea what to select.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Kains USB is deadly. No idea on desch but that is a neat combo with the light imperil!

Super tempted to pull tonight but must stay strong. We are close to the fest.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Nice. Kains USB is deadly. No idea on desch but that is a neat combo with the light imperil!

Ya I was thinking about using Fathers Day as an excuse for some iTunes cash because the ff4 banner so good on Holy and Dark but stayed strong so far. I would have to look again but wasnt banner 1 better than banner 2?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

Yeah I'm super happy with Kain's USB. I have the other half of his combo (his OSB), so I'm keen to fire off back to back instant OSB's.

As for Desch, I like the character and he can go physical with lightning (although Reno does that much better). It's an okay USB, but it's good to have another mage option.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Wanted to post last night, but was too tired.

VIII - 1/3 - Laguna SSB1

An even worse pull than the IX Amarant SSB. That's enough garbage for now. I'll probably pull on 1-3, but leaving the rest until after Fest.

XV: Iris LMR
XIV: Skip
XIII: Noel LMR
XII: Penelo BSSB1
XI: Skip
X: Seymour BSSB2
IX: Amarant SSB
VIII: Laguna SSB1

Oct 25, 2017
Sephiroth ancient ssb katana, now I have two ssbs for him and nothing else

But

Golbez bsb for the 100 gem draw. So that's something. This is that off ball black mage sentinel thing. Hmmm

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
1/3 Tifa Ultra! woot, finally have something to go with her LMR!

Edit - oh, it's her USB1. Not as exciting.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
One of these days I'll get Cloud USB right?

RoP VII - Tifa LMR...not a dupe? Great!

FFIV banner 2 - 100 gem... Palom USB!!! Awww yeah!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I think I got the same thing as Chronobeej.

Barret SSB, rev wall. Think was a bracer, I'm not at my phone at the moment.

Anyway, was new though, so there's that. Only one dupe so far this parade and we're halfway or better.

Edit: Oh, misread, not rev wall, it's lower atk/def.