• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Lenna LMR. Mixed feelings on this one.

It's not a dupe, so that's a good thing right off the bat. But the actual LMR is "chance to heal everybody when using whm abilities". I don't see how that can change anything really, but I wonder how it pairs with her LM2. Her LM2 is a chance for a big buff to her healing on next cast, so I get alot of single heals for 9999 when I actually use Lenna. She was once my co-main healer, and I have her USB1 and BSB, and SSB, but I don't use her much these days.

Anyway, would be cool if there is some crazy shenanigans that causes like a huge group heal on occasion. Only 1 dupe so far in parade, a pretty good parade.

Edit: RPH, without looking up the soul break in question, is it one of those that grant stacking of mirror image? Like the new Ninja abilities do and Yuffie's glint do where as pblinks don't stack otherwise?

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Mirror Image is the official term for physical blink.

In other news, my fire team has become so stronk that i can sub 5 the Vitality Mote dungeon now as long as one of Onion/Sora/potato proc a wcast.

Onion - BSB/LMR w/ wcast BLK LM
Relm - USB
Sora - BSB/LMR w/ enfire LM
Locke - Chain/LMR
potato - BSB

Edit - actually don't even need a wcast. Just finished a run at 4.95 seconds with no wcasts.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
oh, huh. mirror image...

edge: ssb avoid one physical attack
ahh but his lmr does say mirror image, same with yuffie lmr!

i guess i never paid attention to that one!

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
RoP - Will I get a chicken knife this time?

Nope

Exdeath's LMR - EnDark. At least it's not a dupe, even though I don't have anything else for him.

Oct 25, 2017
I am moting it up. I am at 66 4* dives. I want to hit 90 before the end of this if possible. Which basically is all realms with at least one healer and all usb/osb holders and a few spares if I luck into interesting relics. Even duds like Steiner with osb and seifer with usb.

Then I'll feel comfortable with single runs to give certain characters unlocked abilities.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I am so low on mythril and I think we have a 25mythril tonight that I may skip which will be first half price I have ever skipped. So I am not sure how much I will get done with half price motes.

As for dives...

I have 82 who are 4* complete. Wasn't sure how you were doing your counting so for clarity, of those 82, 24 are 5* complete. For bonus points, I also have 79 others who are 3* complete.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in serious need of Major Ice Orbs, so i'll be doing some of that today, and then shifting to WIS motes as I have so few of those. I also need to farm for a couple more copies of Evrae, I feel like that should be just what I need for sub 30 Hades. Will probably try to do that on my lunch break.

5* complete - 20
4* complete - 29 (+20 that are 5* complete, obviously)

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to doubt the importance of crystals.

I have all my 6* skills at the rank I want them to be and I have over 100 left of each crystal (Over 300 for Power and Black which I farm every Tuesday and Thursday).

So the only thing I would spend my crystals on are the new ones linked to the new torments which looking at the difficulty in gaining, I probably wont get more than 3 this year.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't have any super immediate 4* mote needs. The characters I use are already dived; I've done a lot of mote farming over time whenever the need arose. Now is a great time for it though.

Today is all about Major Dark and Major Ice. You can never have enough of those.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Got what I wanted in 2 x11 pulls!

Barb is a big bonus!

ycEwt1Dl.jpg
MoPAqZ0l.jpg

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
1/3 Ceodore Ultra - new, but not that exciting as it just gives enholy and Sentinel.

Tally

XV - Noct OSB
XIV - dupe Potato BSB
XIII - Serah BSB2
XII - dupe Vayne SSB
XI - Curilla LMR
X - Braska BSB, Tidus LMR, Jecht USB
IX - Freya BSB, Quina LMR x2
VIII - Rinoa OSB
VII - Tifa USB1
VI - Locke LMR
V - dupe Gilgmesh OSB
IV - Ceodore USB

Oct 27, 2017
1/3 Dupe Cecil BSB1.

My original copy I loaded Rosetta stones into which I ended up feeding to Cecil's OSB so I guess this replaces it in my inventory.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
1/3 - Palom SSB, my first relic for the BLM twin, +holy rod, but nothing much to get excited about

Running tally:
XV/T/0: Orlandeau BSB (dupe)
XIV: Y'shtola USB
XIII: Lightning BSB (dupe)
XII: Fran USB
XI: Prishe BSB (dupe)
X: Seymour USB
IX: Amarant BSB
VIII: Raijin OSB
VII: Red XIII LMR (dupe)
VI: Terra Arcane
V: Kelger LMR
IV: Palom SSB

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well my first 2/3 on a Parade ever, but not so great really. Palom Holy/Fire/Lightning SSB (but another Holy weapon) and then a dupe Pecil BSB1.

Edit: And I guess it was my second dupe, so ti's reforged and is now 5+++.

Edit2: Btw, I guess the lucky draws start tomorrow night, so sorry if anybody took my info as gospel.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Not pulling on IV tonight. Maybe after fest.

Dissidia D260 mastered with one medal lost for damage with a modified Midgardsomr team, but it was ugly.

Cloud (LM1+LM2): Life Siphon, Hailstorm, Swd DMG+30% (USB/BSSB2)
Shelke (LM1+Lm2): Wrath, Entrust, Ace Striker (no SB)
OK (LMR+BLK LM2): Full Break, Entrust, Mako MIght (BSSB)
Aphmau (LM1): SHellga, Curada, DMT (USB)
Zack (LM1+LM2): Life Siphon, RIpping Blast, Battleforged (CSB)

RW: Divine Wall
Magicite: Tiamat, Silver Dragon, Isgebind, Evrae x2

Cloud had double Wind boost.

I used my sub-30 Midgardsomr team, but swapped out Edge for OK. Thought OK would have fared better, but I should have stuck with Edge. A bunch of characters got hit with Slow early on, but I had just done Aphmau's USB, and OK hadn't used his BSSB yet so I was able to recover from that quick. What I didn't recover from was the endless barrage of spells. Why does Terra have, essentially, Chain Blizzaja? After OK did his BSSB, he ate triple Blizzara from Terra and dropped. Then Aphmau dropped to a 5-spell barrage. Shelke KOed not long after entrusting her last gauge to Cloud. This was really not looking good.

Thankfully, their defenses are paper thin. Cloud, under USB and En-Wind (KOed Y'shtola first), one-shot Terra with back-to-back 65000x5 USBs. In the end, only Zack and Cloud were standing, just enough for mastery.

Oh, and I used the same team against the D220 afterwards, but compared to the D260 they were pushovers. Focused down Vaan x3.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, now Banner 1 BSBs are terrible for me. I want my Last Stand healer for XII and Deuce BSB. Or a 8* +dark Katana. Or my first Grand Cross. Now I get fucking nothing if I don't get a 6*.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Personally this works out better for me, but I can understand why people would be unhappy. The banner 1 changes don't touch any of the big ticket items so I'm still going hard on it. The banner 2 changes are a big improvement since I already have most of the stuff for Bartz and almost nothing for Locke.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Reallocating all my mithril from B1 to B5.

I wanted to pull for Elarra, but the GL changes made it that I have every single changed relic on that banner.

Besides, Garnet needs her CSB/LMR2.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Fest changes...

B1 - from 2/14 to 3/14 now, don't care still going hard on this one
B2 - okay these changes suck, went from 1/14 to 3/14, but even the changes that aren't dupes for me are significantly worse than what they're replacing. I really wanted a shot at Lenna's BSB2 since i have no medica for V, and Locke's BSB2 is useless since i have his USB whereas Bartz's fBSB would've been nice to go with his USB. I'm considering skipping this banner now out of protest of the changes.
B3 & 4 - wow, no changes to the banners i already had a bunch of dupes on, of fucking course
B5 - and of course the only banner i had no dupes, i now have 2/14. Really wanted a shot at Selphie BSB2 as well.

Still pulling on B1 and maybe B5, probably skipping the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
These changes...

Dupes
1: 2 to 4 including larsa who I picked in the archive and raines that I've reforged long ago
2: 4 to 6
3: 6
4: 6
5: 2 to 3

Dropping 200 mythril on banner 1 is vastly less appealing with raines vanille and larsa on board.

Obviously the dupes are almost all bsb and lmrs clogging up the pulls. Still in search of my first glint.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
B1: 4->4 (Larsa BSB, Raines BSB, Vanille BSB, Orlandeau LMR) same amount of dupes. Sephiroth/Beatrix besides Elarra the only BSBs I didn't have
B2: 3->2 (Terra USB, Krile BSB) I have Chicken Knife, but no LMR chance for Bartz kinda sucks.
B3: 3 (Zack BSB, Iris BSB, Noctis LMR)
B4: 3 (Tidus USB, Squall BSB2, Rikku LMR)
B5: 3->2 (Aphmau BSB, Relm BSB) I had both Tifa's BSB and Selphie's BSB2 so this worked out

Still trying to figure out what I'm gonna pull on.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
d260: I tried it 3 times with Lenna because I really wanted to test out her LM2+LMR combo. It did a group heal for 2066. Nothing exciting. I then gave up with Lenna and brought Rosa in and took it out first try. The pain comes fast as Terra will quad-ice and tri-thunder you. Once you get your initial healing and SB build-up/rotation going it's a pretty easy fight. Harder at beginning to me than others, but not any harder than any other d260. I didn't really enjoy the fight. I'm not sure why, seemed boring. No CM this time. A shame, I like how CMs and Torments encourage/force you to use people outside of your usual builds.

Edit2: Oh and I used Rosa/Alphi for Heals/Blink/Buff/Radiant Shield, then OK for pUSB and Full Break, Vaan for destruction, and Firion for more breaks and blink. Building up gauge was slow in this fight. Vaan was just simply destroying everything, his USB is so amazing for instant Bloodlust/Thief's Revenge. Firion BSB did 9999x4, since gauge build up was slow, I should have brought someone else in like Edge or I don't know. OK was doing full break, but if done over again, I would probably just have him entrust to Vaan. Vaan was doing SO MUCH damage as usual. My magicites were Unicorn as main (not sure he did much for me) then my best Atk Boon/Precise Strike folks. They don't seem to have a lot of hps and I brought God Wall as usual.

Edit: Random Painted Highway trade you a glint for an AOSB. I also already have those BSBs in banner 1. It really is a bummer knowing that any non-disco is most likely a dupe. ActStriker, what are you needing? Considering? Not sure if you missed it about 2-3 weeks ago we were all talking about the banners. Banner 1 is a highlight for several of us for the Holy/Dark chains, TG Cid USB, God Wall, and Elarra Gear. As you saw, the other banners have the other element chains, also Aereith USB2 is another highlight.

Edit3: I'm starting to fully agree with you Xetherion about the Hymms. I really like the concept of them, the mechanic of how they work, and how they stack with everything. I have two of them at Rank 2 and one at Rank 3. But it can be hard to build them up, and even if you do, with the focus on Sub 30'ing content, who's "got time for that" when waiting on the buffs to build up. I'm not going to completely give up on them just yet though, maybe in some of these super long Torment fights, or maybe even my first (very slow) 5* clears will benefit from them.

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
All the banners got better or the same for me in GL.

B1 - Got one extra dupe but Raines BSB instead of Seph BSB2(which I have 2 of) is huge for me. The black magic AA choice is much more competitive than the healer BSB AA choice. Plus I already have a ton of top tier Healers BSBs.

B2 - LOL, they took every dupe I had in this banner and made it a non-dupe. I might still not pull but I'm leaning toward one pull.

B5 - Inclusion of Maria is major upgrade for me.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I don't have many dupes in these fest banners.

I want/need some more chains though.

We'll see how it goes!

Oct 27, 2017
Banner 1 changes were unfortunate for me. Went from 0 to 2 dupes and all the original BSBs that got changed out were ones that I could have used

Celes BSB2 to pair her with LMR that I have for her,
Penelo BSB2 to give her a better Medica over a dupe Larsa BSB
Seph BSB2 to give me a dark+ Katana and pair with his other relics I have over a dupe Raines BSB
Deuce BSB to give me a medica for the realm over Vanille BSB which would only replace her SSB as my medica

Still have none of the grand prizes so at least 2 draws for me from this banner. The other changes are pretty much a wash for me (Banner 2 stays at 2 dupes, Banner 5 stays with just 1)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I have this banner 1 so hyped up in my head, it's really setting me up for tears.

I usually don't look at a banner until the day of or a day before, and even with previous fests, I didn't really care and usually just did 1 pull on each banner. But I have such a glaring need for Holy/Dark. TG Cid USB/LMR is bonus. I would have to get Elarra USB to care about her as my healing is pretty set. I'm looking at 2 guaranteed pulls, hoping for 3, and looking for miracles for a 4th pull. If I don't walk away with at least 1 chain, and 1 other USB prize like TGC/Elarra then I'm going to be disappointed. I originally wanted to clean house with the banner, but mythril discipline failed me as usual.

Btw Xetherion and chronobeej, I use your Shadow BSBs almost daily. Sometimes intentional, sometimes just hitting first RW that pops up. I rarely pay attention to RW anymore except for d260, but at least when I'm selecting someone from here I feel like I'm contributing, even if it's a joke amount of 200 gil. They really should up that to something like 2k, 5k, maybe 10k? I don't think that could be so easily exploited.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Wasn't satisfied with my D260 performance, so I went back and tweaked a summoner team I used for the D140. Mastered with full medals this time:

Terra (LM1+LM2): R3 Valigarmanda, R3 Meltdown, Fire DMG+30% (no SB used)
Mog: R3 Multibreak, R3 Magic BD dance, Mako Might (USB)
OK (LMR+BLK LM2): R3 Meteor, R3 Entrust, DMT (no SB used)
Vanille: R3 Shellga, R3 Curada, Ace Striker (BSSB)
Alphinaud (LM1+LM2): R4 Bahamut, R3 Madeen, Gathering Storm (Deployment Tactics)

RW: Divine Wall
Magicite: Enkidu, Mom Bomb, Evrae, Tiamat, Midgardsomr

Terra had double fire boost, Alph had double Holy boost.

This still took a few tries to get right without losing one or two characters. I initially did not have Entrust on OK, though he still had Mako Might for him to use BSSB and Double summon RM on Alph to do triple summon shenanigans, but I only needed one faithga in this fight (Terra was capping without any Faithga) to make Alph do decent damage, so MOg could handle it himself. BUT if I took the time to cast Mog BSSB or USB in the beginning, even with turn 1 instant Divine Wall, I still took too much damage. I was eating 3 to 9 hits per turn, most hitting for 1000-2000 damage.

So I had Mog Multibreak and Magic Breakdown the trio first. Since he wasn't going to be buffing turn 1, I had OK entrust Alph so he could turn 1 Deployment Tactics for both Faithga and to reflect their damage back at them. Alph did Madeen spam after getting DT up. After entrusting Alph, OK spammed Meteor. Mog was free to USB after debuffinh, though by the time he actually got off his USB, they were nearly dead anyway so it hardly mattered. Terra was doing nothing but Vali spam, abd by the time she used up her hones the fight was over. Vanille healing kept everyone alive, though I still had to slot in Enkidu at one point because a couple characters were too low for my liking.

First time I tried this particular version of this team, I mastered with no one KOed. That's much better.

EDIT:

Re: banners

Bolded are new dupes:

Banner 1: 0-> 3 dupes (Vanille BSSB, Larsa BSSB, Raines BSSB)
Banner 2: 3 dupes -> 4 dupes (Terra USB/Glint, Krile BSSB, Locke LMR)
Banner 3: 4 dupes (Zack CSB, Cloud BSSB2, Noctis BSSB, Iris BSSB)
Banner 4: 3 dupes (Snow CSB, Tidus USB/LMR)
Banner 5: 1-> 2 dupes (Garnet BSSb2, Relm BSSB)

While I lament the increase in dupes, especially when the relics that were replaced were noteworthy (Seph BSSB2 and Deuce BSSB - if I got those from banner 1 I wouldn't need to consider them for AA selections), it shouldn't matter that much. Because for vets, the top prizes are what matter the most. A banner with 5 top end items that will help for 5* magicite/Torment 2.0 and 6 dupes is going to be better than a banner with 2 top end items, no dupes, but a bunch of outdated junk. This is why I'm still going hard for banner 3 despite it being tied with banner 2 for having the most dupes - I want basically everything that I don't already have, and I really really want the top end stuff.

If your dupes are among the BSSBs, your plans generally shouldn't change from before, since the prizes generally are the 6* relics and LMRs. And with a few exceptions, those haven't changed here.

Sucks about Bartz USB/LMR on banner 2 though.

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, well glad someone's using it. I agree they should up the amount to something worthwhile, at least 2k.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Edward's BSB on the RoP yesterday, so that gives me a nice boostga for IV which I didn't have before, unless I was going to rely on Tellah's SSB which dooms him.

Took a look at the banners...

Banner 1: From 3 dupes to 4 dupes
Banner 2: From 3 dupes to 1 dupe
Banner 5: From 2 dupes to 3 dupes

Wouldn't mind Terra's USB/AOSB on banner 2, but could kinda care less about Locke's gear at this time. Banner 1 is just, ugh, I guess the addition of Vanille BSB is nice, since I don't have a medica for XII other than Vanille's unique from waaaaay back when, but Larsa, Raines and Beatrix are BSBs I have no need of. But, the way the game is going, do we really need BSBs? I mean sure the chance of getting a booby prize just went up, but the grand prizes are still nice.

Majorly bummed they took of Bartz USB off banner 2.