• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Good Morning guys.

As I've mentioned before, whenever new stuff hits at 8pm, I'm already in bed so I get an attempt in and then fall asleep. So wanted to expound a little bit on last nights Torment.

Yuffie was great with BSB, Ninja water, and fully dove. She's a keeper. Sephiroth did pretty good because he used enDark SSB followed by Dread Weapon and Reaping Scythe. I also have his OSB that I didn't get a chance to use. Now that there is the new Fire Samurai that's basically Hailstorm, I could also try enFire SB into that move. I doubt it'd be any better though, especially since I have a Dark Katana for Seph. He was my other main dps. Getting something for him tonight on Banner 1 would be really nice. That's mainly what I'm getting to in this post, tonight's banner.

The rest of my team sucks though. Aerith has her BSB which isn't bad, but Bar-Dark doesn't help in this fight and no buffs, haste, or last stand with entry. The insta cmd 1 seems more useful than her USB1. My best d280 run was her BSB and then her USB1 at the very end. Still no last stand really sucks here. I originally brought Cait Sith for Atk/Def BSB entry and backup heals along with dispel duty. He was just barely earning his spot. Even worse was Red13 who I brought for his 610 BSB.

What sucks is that setup has no haste and I'm forced to either bring Hastega, or Zack for his Haste SSB, or in the d280 I brought OK for pUSB and backup heals. Also, Seph and Yuffie don't really need two Atk Buffs enough to warrant both Red13 and Cait Sith. Instead it would be better to only bring Cait Sith and use his Shout SSB. That's what I ended up doing on the d280. What sucks is I really have nothing of significance for the rest of the realm except a fully loaded Tifa.

That d280 38 second team was Aerith and OK on heals, dispel, haste, magicite, and RW. Then Tifa, Seph, and Yuffie on damage. Yuffie does big damage, but as WarAdept mentioned, keeping blink up is tough. I think what I'll end up doing is working on getting that Sub 30 on d280 later tonight, and if I pull it off, I'll continue to hold off puling on realms that I can sub 30 the d280. My FF6 is incredibly weak and that's next so.. If I do give in, or change my mind, I'll only do 1 pull. It's nice having all this mythril!.

tl;dr:

1. Need better Haste options.
2. WTB Last Stand
3. Crap healing options in this realm.
4. Blink hard to keep up.
5. Yuffie and Seph Strong though!

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
These torments are going to be the end of me. I'm tempted to pull on each realm as they come out because I realize how much my relics suck.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to pull on this banner since most of the stuff on it would help me out quite a bit.

However, I have the sneaking suspicion it's going to blow up in my face.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
For the last three I did the 240 and didn't even bother with the 280, though I could probably clear them all if not sub-30. Lazy mostly.

I have most of the pieces for ??? Cuchulainn but haven't tried yet. Only thing I'm missing from the conventional team is an imperil for Agrias.

Tonight's banner would help me more for magicite than torment, though it has good stuff for Cloud I don't have. Main weakness on my FF7 team is healing like most folks.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, just a few hours until the banner I'm saving for since the fest. Any 6* would be appreciated. Even the worst of them imo, Seph's AOSB, is still a +dark 6* katana.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm actually able to keep up healing with just Aeriths USB 1 and if she's in the middle slot (gets hit the most.

I did LD her, thinking I needed her LM2 on top of her LMR, but so far I see no difference to when I tried dWhale without her LD

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'd pull on one of those healing banners without giving it a second thought. I need healers for lots of realms.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Fucking hell.

Can't even AoE the tentacles within 15 secs.

Then they both cast Curaja and bam, Jenova + tentacles are at full health again.

God, both Red XIII and Cid's Boostgas are useless for dWhale.

I feel like you need Zacks CSB + all of Wind Cloud to deal with this rubbish at a minimum.

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh I've seen posts that folks have used some ssbs that I have to good effect. Rude ssb, I have that one, same with Caitlin siths dance/Regen. Interesting! Dump red and his USB, perhaps.

Hmm when do we get Caitlin and rudes legend dives?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
The one Man Called Aerodynamics mentioned sounds nice, I don't have that. I do have Rude Imperil dark bsb. I could stack that with Sephiroth and Yuffie go dark, and then maybe even Cloud on Heavy Physical Dark.

But back to the point, ya Cait Sith Shout SSB is nice and an SSB from Zack is my only relic hastega.

I can't seem to sub 30 it. I think I will do one pull tonight and that's it. We will see how that first pull goes. Excited for you Ahnez, I want to see you get some good stuff!

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Problem is dumping Red's USB means I'm completely open to the AoE confuse on slots 1, 2, 4 and 5 that happens at the 20 second mark.

This fight is crazy, as I think Cloud is the only one that can AoE these tentacles in dWhale.

Yuffie can't.
Tifa can't.
Zack can't
Vincent can, but the options for Faithgas in VII are poor (Red's BSB and Vincent's chain in 30 mins) and Ultima. Meteor is too weak. Physical side, he can't.
Cid can but Sky Grinder is too weak.
Seph can but Flashing Blade/Demonsbane is too weak.
Reno: see regarding Vincent. Bio Grenade is a bad idea on the physical side.
Angeal can but Aegis Strike is too weak and you'd get 1, maybe 2 full charged uses of Blast Burn/Dark Impact.
Rufus can't.
Rude: see regarding Tifa/Vincent.
Elena can't.

230144796499509251.png

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1st pull Cloud W cast wind LMR and Vincents BSB
2nd pull Angeal- what? He has a burst?
3rd pull Seph Glint and Vincents Chain

Ok, now I have a faithja chain, and Im considering if its worth to continue. Vincent is all set now, but Clouds usb1 or seph stuff to complement that glint would be nice

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017

Holy moly. I said I wasn't gonna pull but didn't really have anything tempting me after this banner for a while. Glad I changed my mind. Everything is new. Cloud is now Glint+UsB1 and 2 + AOSB + LMR2. Id love Vincent LMR but that can wait.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
4/11 with one disco ball. Hoping for everything except Cloud's USB.

First picture was a vest I didn't recognise from the banner so I was confused. lol
off banner Mirage Vest (VI) - Shared SB
Vincent's BSB2 - THAT'S BETTER
Cloud's glint - dupe
Disco ball... Come on, game be a non-cloud disco ball.

Vincent chain! YES. Already have Krile's chain but she's just there after I cast it because of lack of an EnFire or dualcast LMR. Already have Vincent's LMR. So that's a even bigger win. Let's see how I can burn the ice dragon now.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow Nice, you topped mine jarekx! We're lucky tonight, hopefully everybody else is too! Ahnez your first pulls were ehh, but the third one was nice.
Well, the first 2 could have been better, but I got the chain in the end, so its not that bad. And also, no dupes.

Its funny how Vincent stuff still gives him atk/mag+5, even though he is clearly a mage now

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
2/11 - Vincent BSSB2, Cloud LMR2
2/11 - Cloud Glint, Cloud LMR
2/11 - Cloud LMR2 (dupe), Cloud Glint (dupe)

The first two pulls were good. I got items that I really wanted (Cloud LMR2/Glint) and items I was pleased to have (Vincent BSSB2/Cloud LMR1).

That last pull was really weak though. KNew it was bad when I saw no discos, but double dupes hurts. Not only avoided Sephiroth's USB2/AOSB, I didn't even get Sephiroth BSSB2 or LMR which I also wanted. Waste of a pull. It was bound to happen, since my luck had been incredible since Summer Fest, but it still mars what was otherwise a decent batch of pulls.

My Cloud is now Super Duper Cloud, which (hopefully) should help with Torment ??? But I'm a bit sad I still have no fire chain and I missed Sephy's stuff. But oh well.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Incredible draws friz, you lucky bastard! Here's mine.

100 gems - trash

Vincent LMR and Seph USB2 are new, both BSBs are dupes. The BSB relics are reforged now. At 5 possible dupes on the banner now since i also already have Cloud LMR1. Normally i'd stop here, but this banner is the last shot at Cloud USB1 outside of Luckies or a USB selection, so i'm going in for one more pull...

Managed to avoid getting dupes, but my dreams of Cloud USB1 are dead. Seph LMR and Vincent BSB2 were some of my least wanted relics on the banner too. Oh well.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well, the first 2 could have been better, but I got the chain in the end, so its not that bad. And also, no dupes.

Its funny how Vincent stuff still gives him atk/mag+5, even though he is clearly a mage now

Ya and crazy that it's a gun but is a magic chain. I know guns were his thing just you don't associate that with a magic buff.

Thanks Xetherion. Seems like the board is lucky tonight. I swear it seems like some banners are higher drop rates than others.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
All RNG. I had two good-but-not-great pulls, one bad one. No discos. Still have 233 mythril, but need to save (not sure if I'm pulling on next VIII banner; I think I might skip that and just wait for fest since to do it justice I'll need a minimum of 400, both for Banners 1/3 as well as RoP and at least one LD).

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I've had crushingly bad pulls lately, but this turned it all around.

1/11: Vincent chain (yessss... all chains now except dark)

3/11: Sephi AOSB, Cloud USB (oh god... after eluding me for so long), Vincent LMR.

I almost fell out of my chair.

Oct 27, 2017
1/11 Cloud Glint.

I was going to rage after another 1/11 pull but pretty happy that I actually got something useful. I have Cloud's USB1 already so it will be good to finally have an en-wind source. Now to save the rest of my Mythril for the next fest.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Good Morning Folks. TGIF. Going to go sub 30 that d280 now, and then finish off the event.

Wow. I've had crushingly bad pulls lately, but this turned it all around.

1/11: Vincent chain (yessss... all chains now except dark)

3/11: Sephi AOSB, Cloud USB (oh god... after eluding me for so long), Vincent LMR.

I almost fell out of my chair.

Nice! Chains seem like still the best relics in game right now. The game seems to rank AOSB higher (by order of what is displayed on results of pull) and that is the newest 6star but it's pretty telling that the hardest content in the game comes with built-in chain. Grats on your chain collection. Mine is doing good too. I'm short Ice and Holy chains.

Angeal BSB / 11

Somehow avoided another salt pull by sheer mental strength.

Ya, other than a dupe, that's pretty much the worst pull possible. What's your stash at? Might be worth it for another pull.. it has to be better than this one.

Hurry up FFIX.

I want to know what it's like to make progress in endgame.

I would almost feel bad for you after your crying about "tictacs" and I think ff5, but no sir, you're close to doing dWhale. Which basically the bar is set that if you can do 50% on any dWhales that you're pretty much where we all are. The exception being MCA and Falk who have made the most progress thus far. You're underselling here boss!

About as good as it gets for a zero 6* pull.

You pulling on the second banner? Healing please sir.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
One of my loosely-held rules for pulling these days is "pull if there's a chain for an element you don't have yet", so I did 2 pulls on the VII banner. Ended up 4/22 with Sephiroth's USB and LMR, and dupes of Cloud and Vincent's LMRs. It was nice to get Seph's new toy, as should help him kill Siren faster.

I have been neglecting the Torments and have been mostly working on my 4* magicite decks lately. It really does take forever to level these things, then level the ones for inheritance, but at least I have tangible goals. :-)

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
One of my loosely-held rules for pulling these days is "pull if there's a chain for an element you don't have yet", so I did 2 pulls on the VII banner. Ended up 4/22 with Sephiroth's USB and LMR, and dupes of Cloud and Vincent's LMRs. It was nice to get Seph's new toy, as should help him kill Siren faster.

I have been neglecting the Torments and have been mostly working on my 4* magicite decks lately. It really does take forever to level these things, then level the ones for inheritance, but at least I have tangible goals. :-)

Yes the Inheritance grind really killed me. The most I had grinded something in this game nonstop since the days I first leveled all characters to 80 over a couple years ago. Feels good to have it done. But now I've been working on Emp Element 15's and Damp Element 10's for every single magicite and that seems to take just as long if not longer. I've only got Ice done and I've been working on Holy next but this task takes so long because the amount of exp to take a Magicite from 80 to 99 is CRAZY.

But! Back on the positive, it's nice to have a goal that isn't tied to money really. You know I cant compete with a whale on relic pulls, but I can do my part leveling up Magicite.

Edit: I guess now that I have Cloud USB1 to go with Cloud BSB2 and Cloud LMR (not double cast LMR) that I should go ahead and fully dive him, and take Omega Drive past rank 2? Would this be correct? I wasn't planning on diving him, but well... seems right thing to do. I looked at Seph's dive, I don't guess his is worth it.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Did a pull on the 7 banner yesterday, hoping I'd get Cloud USB. Nope. friz898 Grats on the pull!

Ended up with Sephiroth LMR and Vincent BSB.

Got about 35 seconds on the d280, haven't tried the dWhale yet, or done the new set of Record Dungeons. Still have some of the DU to do, but used the last of my mythril on pulling on the 7 banner.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So I played around with Cloud today. Did i do it the best possible way?

(In this order)
Deuce 610
Zack Chain
Cloud USB
Tiamat Magicite
Cloud BSB2 twice(Red 13 entrusting)

I didn't get sub 30 d280 yet. I did like 21k per hit first BSB entry then 24k per hit second BSB entry.

RM was Much More Wind Damage
Magicites were Tiamat, Maliris, Catastrophe and Evraex2.

I used Maliris and Catastrophe for the Deadly Strikes but it may have been better to keep Silver Dragon in there for the emp wind 15+8.

Shin or someone let me know if I should alter something for moar-pwn. It seems I do better entrusting to Cloud with red 13 than having Sephiroth in there with AOSB.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Almost always better to go with weapon damage+ than element damage+ RM for these kinds of stacks.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Almost always better to go with weapon damage+ than element damage+ RM for these kinds of stacks.

I thought about that after a thread Enlir posted in a couple weeks back about how Scholar's Boon is usually > Much More Element (depending on their record/legend grid).

I won't get to try again until this evening, but I guess I'll try Truthseeker RM since Scholar's Boon would not help in this case.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
They overwrite each other.

Zack chain:
Pros:
- has an attack boost component if you don't have any boosts
- crit damage up

Cons:
- less area boost (20 vs realm chain 30)
- caps at 99 hits
- only affects wind attacks

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully, A++ Seph does not have his dispel this time. I still dont know how I beat that crap back then.

And got 45s on isgebind with Vincents Chain and Terras USB, 3/8 now. Also 30.06 (....) against Sealion with the same team.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The majority of all the upcoming banners are awful.

Only things I can see that seem to be relatively hype is B4 of BUSB fest, WoFF for Enna Kros and maybe VIII?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Well if that's true, then maybe I can justify a pull on banner 2 hoping for more Aerith (Someone has to since Balphon isn't!)

Then again, I really ought to save for FF6-anything. I should go look at those banners so I can get hype and hold on to my mythril. I mean, I'm assuming there is a VI banner coming to follow the Torment-Pattern.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Check this mithril planner out.

Links to all the banners as well. Calculate all the mithril gained for the next 6 months.

Doesnt take into account login mithril, nor book of dates daily mithril or fatty chocobo, so add those as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...z3b4dA8CwV6SJXuis1cOToQ4U/edit#gid=1250217209

RoP is 75 mithril and there's 3 luckies during fest (OSB, LMR and USB).

USB is a no brainer, other 2 look pretty bad to me.

So at minimum, 100 mithril for pre fest.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Check this mithril planner out.

Links to all the banners as well. Calculate all the mithril gained for the next 6 months.

Doesnt take into account login mithril, nor book of dates daily mithril or fatty chocobo, so add those as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WVIqDZgz_leO2ed9h3z3b4dA8CwV6SJXuis1cOToQ4U/edit#gid=1250217209

RoP is 75 mithril and there's 3 luckies during fest (OSB, LMR and USB).

USB is a no brainer, other 2 look pretty bad to me.

So at minimum, 100 mithril for pre fest.

Thanks! The link didn't work for me when I clicked on it, then I thought it worked when I copy-paste but it just googled it for me.
Then I found it. I'd copy my link but it probably wouldn't work either. Let me try the one from the Creator in Reddit. Well not sure why, but mine is working (or is it only working for me and yours is working for you? lol)

Edit: But here's the Reddit thread I got my link from, I believe the Reddit user is DJVDT.

Edit2: Adept fixed his, no point having my link of the same thing, so took mine down.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Friz898: re: Cloud

Diving Cloud at this point is an iffy proposition. I mean, you could do a partial dive and get everything but LM2, because CLoud's best source of damage with what you have is USB1 -> BSSB2 -> Raging Quadstrike spam. His LM2 is useless for this.

If not sure, equip +Weapon RM. UNless you know for sure you're going to be hitting weakness, then use Scholar's Boon.

Also, if spamming SBs with Entrust, USB1 -> BSSB2 -> USB( xN) yields the most damage.

And yes, if running Cloud, you'll want Silver Dragon w/ Deadly Strikes inherited.

If you don't have a source of En-Dark, Sephiroth's AOSB won't do you much good. Great stat stick for dualcasting ninjas though.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle

Cloud Ramble to ShinUltima:
Ya, I've been working on Cloud-crafting with whatever FFRK time I find today.

So far, my best results come using Zack Chain over the Realm Chain.
Depending on at what point in the chain I'm hitting for, the BSB2 entry was 21k per hit, then 27k per hit. I was keeping him so stacked on gauge that I never had a chance to use Raging Quadstrike. But you're saying use USB1->USB1 if feeding him?

For Seph, I do have his enDark SSB, and while I haven't played with it nearly as much as I have Cloud today, it's a challenge getting Seph enDark'ed, then enough gauge for the AOSB, and when I do pull it off, I don't get 9999 all hits, I usually get 6k with a crit of 8700 with a 99k at the end. That was with Shadow Dragon and Rufus Imperils. All in all, putting all that work around Seph did not give me better results than focusing on Cloud.

I then thoguht they could work together, and that Seph's 20 hits would build the chain so much for Cloud it would be awesome, but that theory didn't work out either. I'm slowly strengthening my Cloud skills. I had use him enough as a RW, but this is a new game with juggling Magicite, Zack Chain, and BSB2 altogether. I wish I had the double-cast wind LMR.

Ya, Seph now has two Dark Katanas, although one is RS dark. But Shadow was happy to get his hands on the new AOSB dark sword.

(btw, thanks for answers Shin, I knew you were a big Cloud user, but your name popped up in some Gfaq Cloud threads earlier today also)

Edit: Ya, BSB2 -> USB1 -> USB1 got me 68k x5 on the second USB1 (with Tiamat, 610, Zack Chain, Truthseeker)

Edit2: Finally got my Sub-30 on the d280. What did it was not Seph or Cloud, although Cloud USB1 and Zack chain was a lot of fun. -- What did it was Vincent Chain with Vivi USB. This torment taught me that its time to make a Shelke-bot. Red13 was my entruster, Aerith Hastega and Healed. Cait Sith wasted space, but when he wasn't, he dispelled, King Bomb'ed, and Curaja'ed. I couldn't have done it without Vivi and I don't have the healing in general for dWhale. I won't try dWhale until I have a better source of Haste and either better healing or Last Stand. But also, I won't pull on the Sunday banner since I got the Sub-30 on this. Time to set my sights to FF6 Realm now.

Last edited: