• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
The really irritating thing is that Ultima Weapon will do Incubus Tank Purge even if pushed into last phase, it seems. Cause when I ate it the second time on D240, he was already at like 10% left.

Anyway, while I sub-30 the D240 with a realm team in some 20 odd seconds, I had to Cloudburst the D280. Spent too much time trying to survive in the beginning with realm team and that left me no time to DPS. Used Cloud/Zack with Y'Shtola/Minfillia/Cid as backup. Cid as Entrust-bot, Minfillia to cast Hastega then Magic Breakdown constantly. Turn 1 Y'Shtola BSSB or don't bother.

Oh, and Unicorn seems to be a godsend for this fight. Fuck that sap.

I haven't tried yet but will keep Unicorn in mind. The d280, were you able to pull a sub 30 with your Cloud team?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I just checked my XIV relics, yeesh.

Best thing I have is Papa's SSB Leylines probably + OSB.
Minfilla BSB, Alph BSB, Y'shtola BSB.

A SSB here and there for Thancred, Garlond, Hauchefaunt

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
My first d240 with a realm team was 34 seconds and that was with Alphinaud dying right after casting soul break at beginning. I have ok ff14 team.

Trying again with better setup for the sub 30. The d280 def going to be an Elarra affair. Does hit hard. I had two soul breaks going with major Regen so I didn't notice the sap. Went with fire team for Yda and Cid using King Bomb. That clear was a master but only Yda was alive lol.

Gonna knock out this sub 30 then bed. D280 tomorrow. Edit: 2nd run on d240 was 24 seconds. Still two deaths including Alphi on turn 2. (Slot 2). The d280 will need better slot placement and I will have to read up on the script and resistances. Night folks.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ok 280 down. 20:22

Yda r2 Fire 6* fires within, usb lmr ld
Thancred fire assault r4 bsb (instant cast poison based, phys blink)
Estinien wind dragon set, usb
Onion full bread dervish pusb, lmr
Aerith usb2 lmr ld
Unicorn

I used atk accessories, so not optimized for the fight. Also didn't worry about positioning.

Thancred and yda with 2 fire boosts, realm synergy fists and non realm armors meant their self heals were tremendous. Yda s would double at times.

Swapping Aerith back for ysh, even ld ysh, is such a downgrade.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
D280 done in 21.48, and gonna echo that comments that this guy hits waaaaay too hard for those difficulty levels.

My team was Papalymo bsb/osb, Alphinaud radiant shield/bsb, Ysayle bsb, supported by OK and Elarra.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ugh can only buy one 6* ability this time and it'll probably be Sapphire Bullet due to fire 5*s being out and I just got Tidus' USB from the LD (no more Spiral Cut!)

I really wanted to make Dark Valefor/Lunatic Thunder, but it'll have to wait.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took down golem magicite earlier today after struggling for months. Then I ended up doing both Bismarck and Hydra. Reddit wasn't kidding when they said everything snowballs after the first magicite dungeon.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Spanked 280 with no ultras to speak of in 27s. I do have Yshtolas USB which I could have used for the lulz but opted not to.

Yda, yshtola, alphi and Papa are all LD'd. Wind resist on everyone and magicites are all elemental dampeners. Used famfrit for main magicite. These are key since he hits with diff elements (fire, wind, earth)

1st turn
Yshtola bsb
Alphinaud hastega
Yda fires within
Minfilia fullbreak
Papa - chain firaga

2nd turn and beyond
Yshtola heals and does shellga when possible
Yda spams fires within
Minfilia casts chain and spams guardbringer. Summon magicite when up. Cast SSB when avail.
Alphinaud spams vali until BSB, then cmd1 and vali again
Papa spams spells until osb is up, then spams spells some more.

Ultima Weapon went down pretty quick after that.

Yda - fires within / ironfist - BSB monk dmt +
Yshtola - curada/ shellga - BSB - dmt
Minfilia - guardbringer / fullbreak - SSB - ace striker
Alphinaud - vali / hastega - SSB/BSB - mm
Papalymo - meltdown / chain firaga - OSB Fire dmg +

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think I found my sweet spot for D280 fights. 4 realm characters + Elarra. If I dive Papalymo or get more dual casts with Alphi then I should sub30 D280. I only got 1 dual cast with Alphinaud during the whole fight. That's terrible especially since his cmd1 is IC.

Edit: And sub30 thanks to more dualcasts.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Lunatic Thunder and now my Geos run has gone sideways. I'm riggering stone punch way before I'm ready to deal the killshot now. Gonna have to slow it down a bit.

Also sub40'd D??? Jenova. I know I could sub30 with the right rng and a few tweaks to my deck.

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Dark Valefor and Chain Firaja and honed both to R4.

Nice I've bought firaja and have yet to actually craft it...fire crystals too heavy in demand still. And black, which is apparently needed for the new earth spellblade-farming to get that from r3 to r4 now. Valefor in waiting until I cobble enough summons to r4 lunar l and maybe then if I can find the rubies for valefor...

This banner tonight is the conundrum. No other 14 event in the reasonable future so it's either now or six months to work on this. But the bf pull two days later to be revealed and a realm parades again etc etc in December. Hmm

Oct 25, 2017

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I'm still one good Yda relic (and a bunch of LDs) from those poverty clears. And Yda is key either because of DPS (USB) and/or debuffing (BSSB). I only have Yda SSB which won't cut it for this fight.

friz898:

Yes, Cloudburst was able to sub-30 D280. won in 28.XX, can't remember exactly. The only D280 I had trouble with Cloudburst was FFXV - every other D280 I used Cloudburst on I won first try.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Picked up Lunatic Thunder and now my Geos run has gone sideways. I'm riggering stone punch way before I'm ready to deal the killshot now. Gonna have to slow it down a bit.

Also sub40'd D??? Jenova. I know I could sub30 with the right rng and a few tweaks to my deck.

I skipped right over this at first. Congrats Mr. Clearer of d$$$'s.

I have great dps for Jenova and should be at least able to get a 50% but I about threw my phone a month ago because I simply could NOT stay alone. I guess I need(ed) Aerith USB2 since USB1 and/or BSB2 wasn't cutting it. Or Caitsith USB (have BSB).

Edit: Stay alive.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Bit the bullet.

Paid $40AUD for Elarra's USB.

Instant feelings of regret on spending that much on gatcha in one go.

Better make the most of it now.

I pulled Steiner's first SB on the daily, maybe the game is congratulating me?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Finally messed around with d280 today. Didn't go too bad for me.

First Attempt was 94% 37 seconds. It wasn't that far off from a sub-30 clear, it's just I didn't pull it off, and haste expired and ya. Things snowballed fast.
Second attempt I used Minfilia Last Stand/Shout SSB instead of her USB, and that netted me a 29. This is with Elarra so, no trickery involved, I should have got the sub-30 as I did.

Elarra - USB, LMR
Minfilia - SSB (used breaks, chain, magicite)
Alphinaud - Radiant Shield, then died. Can't keep the guy alive for the life of me.
Yda - BSB, Fires Within (hit for 9999s and healed nicely)
Cid (XIV) - USB, Burning Snipe.

Cid was why I didn't have much trouble of course. Although Alphinaud could have done so much more (was spec'ed for Valigarmanda), his Radiant Shield still reflected nonstop 6k hits. As usual, I don't have the patience or desire to mess around with dWhale. This leaves FF XV as the only one not sub-30'ed. (31 seconds after many attempts)

Edit: Created Lunatic Thunder. My Shantotto will finally do respectable damage.
Edit2: Excited about tonight. Doing at least one paid pull and/or mythril pull. I really hope I get the new USB or the CSB. Please goodness validate my spending! ShinUltima - Lets pray for more of my "luck" so that I don't look foolish not saving for AASB's, or for spending my budgeted pull on this banner instead of the USB select.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I know I've tooted this horn before since it's inception.

But now that I actually have it.

Elarra's USB is pure bullshit.

But now the BS doesn't smell. I didn't realize how great it was when I pulled it. I was hoping instead for Ramza Chain that fest. But after seeing it in action I was impressed. The actual moment where I fully realized it's potential was when I could not sub-30 Hades with Larsa or Rosa combinations. I brought Elarra and found that with her (and her only) I killed so fast that I was able to avoid the Cauldrons altogether. I... was shocked. It was a major difference.

Oct 27, 2017
Over the last 2 days I finally caught up with the D280 Torments. FF13 was a pretty easy sub30 but FF15 was about 37s. Just completed the FF14 torment just under 30s.

Yda: Fire's WIthin/Ironfist Fire USB Full LD
Minfilia: Magic Breakdown/Wrath SSB/BSB(have her USB but didn't use)
Y'shtola: Hastega BSB Full LD
Ysayle: Chain Blizzaga USB
Alphinaud: Curada/Vali SSB

I didn't realize how good my FF14 team is now. I got Yda's USB from the realm draw and its amazing. Getting an instacast of Ironfist Fire and then it doublecasting is awesome. Even Ysayle with her USB and 4* dive was getting her chases to hit 5000*5 from her USB. If i dived her it definitely would shave a couple of seconds off my run. I thought that I might miss the sub30 for this run as he had a sliver of health left and all I had that could potentially kill him in time was Minfilia's BSB but it was enough to take him down.

I have 3 sub40 D280s to try to take down to sub30(6,12,15). I'll probably take Cloud/Zack and see if I can do it with them.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
What are you currently working on that Elarra doesn't work for you?

Tiamat she's no help. Though she did let me I guess take down kraken without just doing cid osb over and over. But time was slower.

Tried subbing her in on torments where I use a single healer.

I guess to be honest I need to try her out more, only taken her into a handful of stuff that maybe I didn't optimize. Damn you're a good investigator.

But basically: I can't beat tiamat even with her :(

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Since you've got a new account, there are 2 things that strike me immediately on Tiamat.

What's your Ice DPS like and what is the current state of your resist accessories (and to a lesser extent, your resist armours)?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Fire I have 2 moderate 1 major resist and 1 moderate 1 major wind resist.

Ice dps consists of Rinoa fully dived with enice USB, but even with that she only hits 4k x 4 with voltech :/

Firion ice brave and snow ice radiant.

I did just take down Kraken without bringing a single healing spell so perhaps elarra can do work. Allowed me to cut 10 seconds down to 45 from 55.

Going back around the wheel building out decks to better attempt tiamat later.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah you have a bit of a struggle ahead with Tiamat due to having less resist accessories than older accounts.

The thing with bringing Elarra here is that she will speed up your DPS, which means you'll be forcing Tiamat to fire off back to back Jet Fires, which will kill you very quickly.

Maybe if you can afford it, level up a Double Ward Firemane and Krysta if you can beat Marilith/Isgebind.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah you have a bit of a struggle ahead with Tiamat due to having less resist accessories than older accounts.

The thing with bringing Elarra here is that she will speed up your DPS, which means you'll be forcing Tiamat to fire off back to back Jet Fires, which will kill you very quickly.

Maybe if you can afford it, level up a Double Ward Firemane and Krysta if you can beat Marilith/Isgebind.

Yeah I've beaten all the main six besides tiamat.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's also pretty common to bring double healers as well to magicites when first doing them.

IIRC you have Eiko/Selphie's USB? Last Stand will be a big safety net, alongside Elarra's general healing.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Of course, fucking junk.

Pap glint, min glint and bsb.

To be fair, maybe that min glint and bsb combo might find use in torment.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem - papa LMR
1/11 - thandcred bUSB

So haven't tried the XIV torment but I have:

Yda USB
Thancred bUSB
Minfilla USB
Hauerchefant? USB
Papa LMR/BSB
Yshtola BSB

None dived and some not leveled yet. I should be able to put something together for this.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Anustart re: Tiamat

You want fire resist accessories, not wind, and use Wind resist magicite (Krysta).

(You'll also want to use a fire dampen magicite like Gizamaluk, but Krysta comes first).

Reason for this is because her Savage Jetfires (Fire/Wind) are non-piercing, and thus far more dangerous than her Savage Twisters (Wind). Wind resist accessories will protect you against Twister but not against Jetfire. So use fire resist accessories to take more of the sting out of the Jetfires and use magicites to dampen the wind stuff.

BTW, what team are you running and how much time has passed when you're losing? While pushing phases with Tiamat is recommended (her first 4 turns are scripted), her Phase 3 is when Shit Gets Real and you only have on turn before you eat back-to-back AoEs, another safe turn, then another pair of AoEs, repeat until either she goes down or you do. So you have to save a SB heal for that last phase if you can't blow up Tiamat's last 40% in 2-3 turns.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I only get further away using elarra for tiamat. Need last stand reapplied every 2 seconds :(

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I only get further away using elarra for tiamat. Need last stand reapplied every 2 seconds :(

Once you get away from needing last stand to survive Elarra is significantly better than any healer not named Aerith. Like was said earlier, beef up your magicite decks and hopefully get some more resist accessories.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
And also as have been said before, Tiamat IS a bitch. I linked you my clear. I treated it like a major life event.

Been distracted, haven't done my pull yet. Surprised more didn't pull tonight. Will edit in my results.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
3/11 - Alphi Glint, Alphi LMR, Minfilia BSB

That was 50 myth. Want to do my budgeted pull but I am like... trying to talk sense into myself. Why spend 30 for a chance at wind chain or new wind usb when I can spend 30 and just get BarBar USB guaranteed and I already have Zack chain.

Anybody up and can push me to go after this banner or talk sense in doing the USB select instead?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't beat Geosgaeno, at this point I don't even know what I'm doing wrong.

haven't really tried Belias seriously yet though.

Been trying to get caught up on event stuff.

Did the XIV pull:
100 gem - Thancred LMR
50 mythril - Alphinaud USB , Thancred USB, Papa LMR

Oct 25, 2017
Wow check this gfaqs guy out:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/77207099/912773416

And

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/77207099/912782252

These are fairly reasonable requirements other than yda USB, which I have had for ages. Such an underrated relic/sb.

So yeah I can probably hang with that if I get some alone time (which probably isn't happening despite not travelling this holiday)

Well the first setup has me at 76% after a couple trial upside is definitely there, I was down an alphinaud for about 20 seconds which killed the momentum in the last run. Some tweaks and I'll be good. My last two runs, my yda usb fired a millisecond after the chain stopped, for example.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Question time! :)
1) I have Noctis with his USB2 (Airstride), OSB AOSB and double cast LMR so it seems like he could be a good candidate for a physical team. I'm not sure which abilities would be good for him though. I'm currently using Full Charge but the long cast time is kind of bad. Would Omega Drive be a good candidate?
In the end, I'm not sure I actually want to go through with this as Noctis is pure physical and a lot of fights require elements...What do you guys think?

2) I've been farming the 3* magicites I can complete to upgrade them to 99 but I'm left with a ton of 1* and 2* duplicates. What do you do with them? Do you just sell them?