• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still gonna do a single pull on the first (I think?) FFX banner because my FFX synergy is still total garbage (I don't think I even have a BSB or higher there other than Yuna's BSB2) AND my water synergy is also terrible.

That aside I apparently missed Flashing Blade when it first came out lol. I didn't clear the back end of that event, I think that was right about when I started playing. Is it worth honing? It seems kinda whatever but I think this is one of the ones getting a good buff? Also just want to confirm that Spark Offering is good to keep and hone; it looks good and I've got Laguna's lightning BSB so it seems like a no-brainer?

On a related note, does anyone ever use entrust on non-magicite stuff? I'm new to all of that so I'm not sure how much I should craft/hone on those. I only have two Wraths at r3 which I know I need to beef up, but what about Entrusts? I currently have two Entrusts both at r2. I have no frame of reference.

Plaguefox

Oct 27, 2017
They've got a lot of work ahead of them if they're going to be recreating a bunch of modern FF scenes in pixel artwork. I'm looking forward to it!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The renewal dungeons are overwhelming me and stressing me out so bad. It's my day off and I just want to play Mario but I have literally over 50+ battles to do with most of them being time-consuming/difficult 1 stamina battles, I still haven't done most of the FF2 event, haven't touched BRA BRA, FF8, any current Raids or Torments etc etc. It doesn't help that I spent over an hour on the FF2 JS this morning only to not even get a clear on it because they kept fucking getting Sleep off on my vital characters that have MAJOR sleep resist on :/. And I've probably spent 3-4 hours on a couple of these more recent 180/220 renewal dungeon battles that I'm still not even getting done because I'm terrible at the game and/or I just can't quite pull them off.

It's extremely frustrating. I'd pay actual real money for them to have spread these out to one new renewal dungeon a week.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man that FFVII cap with the pixel art... dayum

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel that there is no real point to leveling or even using mage-type characters, unless the challenge specified it.

Seems to take just as much grinding to have a mage character cast one high-level spell more than once when I could just buff up an attack character instead.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel that there is no real point to leveling or even using mage-type characters, unless the challenge specified it.

Seems to take just as much grinding to have a mage character cast one high-level spell more than once when I could just buff up an attack character instead.

Cid Raines tho.. But seriously, with the right USBs and BSB, mages can be very, very powerful. Ashe's USB and Raines' BSB are good examples of this

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to do the Emperor raid with randoms is infuriating. The whole key is to be ready for the first dispel and rebuff quickly, but no seems capable of doing that.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to do the Emperor raid with randoms is infuriating. The whole key is to be ready for the first dispel and rebuff quickly, but no seems capable of doing that.

Even if you do that perfectly you can get screwed by counter haste. I'd recommend soloing it if you can, it's much more manageable.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Nice this topic is finally up.

And yeah solo against emperor is much easier.

I had a party of

Bartz USB
Seph bsb2
Ramza shout/chant
Larsa bsb
Tyro sg

Cloud rw

I basically charge meter at start and use everything at the end. Seph was doing 200k damage a go. I probably would of have been better of replacing bartz with an enchanter.

Now trying to figure out how to complete the single apoc stages without and good mage earth and fire sbs.

Oct 25, 2017
I too solo'd Emperor too, but it took me a bit to plan things out well enough to keep buffs up at the right times. Once I got it down it was a piece of cake though.

Nabaat (BSB emperil)
Cid Raines (BSB)
Tyro (Sent grimoire, shell, then wrath like mad to get the next 2 SG charges for dispel)
Faris (Mako might entrust first turn to Raines, then wrath spam to USB2 + BSB)
Rosa (Protect and then USB spam)

RW: Rikku USB

The only tricky part was the beginning as I relied 100% of my healing on Rosa's USB spam via wrath meaning I had to make it to the third turn without anyone dying while having no haste, but after that I was nearly invincible as long as I got buffs up in time which wasn't too tricky if you planned out the transitions well enough. Saved Rikku USB for after the first and second dispels and just Nabaat and Raine'd him to death.

yami4ct

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I decided to give this game a try while all the renewal stuff is going on. Been doing as much of them as my stamina and time allows. I pulled on the 3 newcomer banners at 1/2 cost as I thought that'd give me a good bunch of starting relics. What banners should I be looking to next as a complete newcomer? I know the renewals are out of date and not what I'm probably looking for, so what exactly am I looking for? Both in terms of current and upcoming.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I decided to give this game a try while all the renewal stuff is going on. Been doing as much of them as my stamina and time allows. I pulled on the 3 newcomer banners at 1/2 cost as I thought that'd give me a good bunch of starting relics. What banners should I be looking to next as a complete newcomer? I know the renewals are out of date and not what I'm probably looking for, so what exactly am I looking for? Both in terms of current and upcoming.

Well, anything that has either Sentinel's Grimoire or Stoneskin II is a potential game changer, but you can get away with using a Record Warrior for that if you can get your hands on some attack and magic boosts since there probably won't be a banner with those on it any time soon. Remember that there's a holy trifecta in this game that's needed to progress: Group heal relics (known as medica's), Hastega, and ATK/MAG boostga. The new FF: Tactics event is coming up and has Ramza's BSB2 (hastega + Attack +50%) and would really kickstart your progress, but that won't be until December. I recommend saving up a good 200-300 mythril for it if you want an instant jump up in capability.

Otherwise, you could give the FF3 banner a pull in a week as it has Onion Knight's BSB which is hastega + atk/mag +30% and an ok medica in Aria's healer BSB. That'd be enough to get you through most regular content with a sentinel grimoire Record Warrior. There will be what they call relic fest sometime in December likely that'll have a lot of powerful relics and is usually your best place to spend mythril for return, but otherwise I'd look to the FF3 and Tactics event for now.

Also, I recommend pulling on any 'lucky' banner that comes up. There'll be one in the first week of November that you should give a pull.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Finally did my FFII pull. Got Minwu's USB, which I really wanted.

My first healer USB, and it's instacast too which I need for Ozma. Plus I love Minwu~

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
3/17 here as well

Celes BSB2 - 3rd dupe so I got to reforge it at least
Shantotto SSB - Not great but my FFXI synergy is really bad so I'll take it
Laguna USB - YOOOOOOOO

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally took down ff2 Apocs.

Uses

Alphi (ssb, bssb)
Rydia (bssb)
Mog (bssb)
Larsa(bssb)
Tyro(sg, usb2)

Rw Maria bssb

Basically used all my best mages and rwed Maria bssb. The secret is takin down the ogres with Maria bssb c2 as soon as possible and hope for the best with sleep and larsa and the wind magicite that heals and cures. The fire thing was a joke after you take down the trolls I was leisurely whittling down its hp with rydia bssb and titan refreshed with alphi bssb. Was just barely able to master js. Regular is a lot easier. The trolls have a lot less hp so you can actually start using command 1 on the fire thing. In js the trolls just dies right before Bohr Maria bssb runs out. In regular I was also about to nearly kill the fire thing before it ran out.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Great to see FFRK still has a home. Hopefully more of the people from the "other" thread make it over.

I finally did my first sub-30 (actually it was 30.00 on the dot) Magicite dungeon. Lightning and TG Cid tore through Bismarck. I can probably start farming that one under 30 if I can get the timing down.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
3/17 on the Renewal Banners.

Quina BSB
Celes BSB2
Edward BSB

All new and at least somewhat useful so fine by me.

It's that way at the start, but once you start honing the high level AoEs for farming (Ruinga is bae) you start to see some appeal, then when you start hitting boss weaknesses with BSB nukes and stuff like Meltdown you see even more appeal.

There's certain classes that are less useful overall than others on general content but physical vs magical is pretty balanced. Getting BSBs or better will make even the less useful characters pretty good

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest problem with the game right now is that characters without lifesiphon or wrath can be tricky to use what with the reliance on soulbreaks. Hopefully the change to SB generation that's coming soon helps with that.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Totally agree with this. I have most of the soul breaks for Celes and would love to use her more, but not having access to lifesiphon makes it really tough.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Looks my like my account finally went through!

I have been lurking this thread for about 4 days now.

I left a few 'last posts' on our old home including my return after 6 weeks of bad internet which happen to be the day before all the message board changes.

Will post more soon.

Oct 27, 2017
final-fantasy-vi-6-pa8jsgt.gif

I'm glad you made it. Welcome to the other side :)

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Does anyone have their game optimize their Magicite to all Ice?

I'm trying to figure out why it only does this when I have other Magicite higher level than my Wendigos...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did some pulls on the Type-0 Banner because I have literally no synergy from that realm. Got a 6*, Deuce's ultra soul break which sounds pretty great.

Going to keep going through the renewal dungeons and catching up but I'm kinda looking forward to it being over so I can focus on the Nightmare dungeons and unlocking the Materia dungeon (the only Nightmare Dungeon I've completed is the first one, the Ultima dungeon) and also the story realms so I can get more stamina

Mostly focusing on all events that I missed that give 5* abilities and costumes

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Did some pulls on the Type-0 Banner because I have literally no synergy from that realm.

Synergy doesn't matter with 6* relics around. Maybe pull for CM stuff but even then type-0 is a rare realm. So it's not really recommended to pull unless you like the game/characters.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Synergy doesn't matter with 6* relics around. Maybe pull for CM stuff but even then type-0 is a rare realm. So it's not really recommended to pull unless you like the game/characters.
I have a good spread of 6* relics now to be fair, with a sword (Orlandeu overstrike) a fist (Tifa overstrike) a magic weapon (Rinoa chain) a healing instrument (Deuce Ultra) and some light armour (Tyro ultra).

And I do really like Type-0, it's one of the realms I wanted most for the game and I was a bit gutted that I missed it during my hiatus, I know there is going to be a lot more events for this realm due to the sheer amount of characters (14 main, plus guests, plus normally non-playable characters) so im kinda preparing for the future a bit

Oct 29, 2017
Hey all. Finally got my account approved. :)

1/17 on the renewal draws, but the hit was Curilla's BSB on XI, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Did some 11-pulls on XV and Type-0 looking for Iris and Deuce stuff, wound up with Iris SSB and LMR, Noctis BSB, Gladio SSB, Ace USB and LMR, and Deuce LMR. Good haul but took a couple more pulls than I would have liked. :/

YOLO'ed the 220 MO with no Wall.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
....I had not even considered taking multiple 3 star to 99, in ref to having 3 99 Enkidu.I had already gotten rid of a couple 'extra'.

I have been trying to think of the best way to exploit Mimic Burst 1 CMD. I haven't found a use for him outside of Water magicite damage with Tidus because he doesn't have the enElement to make him worth it in the other setups.

I used Rosa USB last night on those two raids. For 160 with pug (always) first try and the 220 on second try. The group loved that Wrathing Rosa USB setup. Also my 220 has a group with two Clouds wirh USB and BSB2 preempted by Zack'' wind CSB....it was total cheat codes.

I was going to say something else but total forgot, two or three of the names here, I don't think I remember, did we have some name changes?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool they are adding that mode - the content just keeps coming!

Was so busy this weekend didn't really get a chance to play on Sunday and do the new stuff so I'll have to find some time to do that today. I'm in the same boat with a few users here, I need to budget a pull for X with my wretched water/ X synergy.

XII is another realm I need to budget a pull for - I stopped pulling in that realm way back when I got Ashe's BSB on release. That being said, I do believe my whaling days are over. It's all mythril from here on out (even the 100 gem pulls).

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Hey all, finally made it over here.

I also went 1/17 on Renewal 100 gems. Got Ingus' SSB sword, but it's a Reverse Wall and the sword itself is Earth+, which will be nice for Bartz with his Burst3.

Did an 11 pull on Type 0 since i had no relics whatsoever for that realm, got 3/11, all Ace's stuff except his Ultra (one of these days I will pull a DPS Ultra). Anyway, Ace's SSB is a maxHP% medica which will be nice for CMs, his Burst is insta-cast and gives party Blink which is pretty cool, and his LMR gives a chance for him to self Blink from BLK abilities. Very anti-physical.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So glad I got Hope's adult costume. I have 2 soul breaks for him but hated using him because of his sprite. He looks much better now

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
Day one player here. I took a two-month break in late 2015 when my second kid was born, but have logged in daily ever since and I always complete the weekly events up until the point where I can get the MCIII, and sometimes I do raids single-player for the mythril and motes. I was really hardcore into this game until several months ago, when (for some reason) the cell reception in my office started getting spotty. At least several times a day, the reception will disappear completely for at least 15-20 minutes or until I turn on airplane mode for thirty seconds. It's a shame, because work is where I did most of my FFRK playing.

I've been trying to get back into the harder difficulty stuff now. Got lucky and I've ended up with a lot of great relics (BSBs for OK, Firion, Maria, Larsa, Raines, among others, as well as a handful of USBs and OSBs) thanks to stocking up on mythril and using them mostly during events. The magicite dungeons are completely kicking my ass, though. I tried the Water one since I have some great Lightning SBs, but my level 99 Kain was one-shotted by Bismarck casting Fira, even with Shell.

Oct 29, 2017
Did an 11 pull on Type 0 since i had no relics whatsoever for that realm, got 3/11, all Ace's stuff except his Ultra (one of these days I will pull a DPS Ultra). Anyway, Ace's SSB is a maxHP% medica which will be nice for CMs, his Burst is insta-cast and gives party Blink which is pretty cool, and his LMR gives a chance for him to self Blink from BLK abilities. Very anti-physical.

The gimmick to his BSB is that you get more hits if Ace is in the front row. Hence all the pblink you get with his relics.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
I've been trying to get back into the harder difficulty stuff now. Got lucky and I've ended up with a lot of great relics (BSBs for OK, Firion, Maria, Larsa, Raines, among others, as well as a handful of USBs and OSBs) thanks to stocking up on mythril and using them mostly during events. The magicite dungeons are completely kicking my ass, though. I tried the Water one since I have some great Lightning SBs, but my level 99 Kain was one-shotted by Bismarck casting Fira, even with Shell.
Did you use the RW Wall? Shell is not gonna be enough for Magicites, especially Bismarck since he uses multiple elements so you can't really rely on element-resist gear.

@MCA, yeah i saw that. Not having played Type 0, i wonder why DeNa made Ace a front-row mage?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I
Did you use the RW Wall? Shell is not gonna be enough for Magicites, especially Bismarck since he uses multiple elements so you can't really rely on element-resist gear.

@MCA, yeah i saw that. Not having played Type 0, i wonder why DeNa made Ace a front-row mage?
I think because Type 0 is a full on action game, so using a magic type character like Ace basically requires you to be dodging like crazy while spamming spells.

Also the best magic in Type 0 was more or less always one's where you had to be super close to hit like the BOM (AoE spell around the caster in a small radius) or SHG spells (forward cone spells with limited range).

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
To show you guys how far behind I fell wirh my bad internet, I got mythril for that misson for completing 20 magicite.

Done a few others as well. Down to 9/15 and have the original magicite all with good times, no Sub 30 yet.

Next is Dark and Holy. The Dark one I should have soon wirh TG CID BSB, bur the two times I tried Shadow Dragon, I didn't even get it down to half.

Lastly, I started on these renewals the night 13 came out. I been going through them, I don't think I have much left to catch up. There wasn't any events I had not done, but there was a couple that I had not completed the final battle.