• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
wow, haven't played in awhile and i figured it was a fest event... the game feels even more relic required then before!! Everything requires a guide now.. that isn't my idea way of playing a mobile game..

i sub 30'd all the 4* magicite now except tiamat. 5* magicite.... uh.. no... Same with torments.. yikes!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The MP Ifrit fight is another slog, thank goodness I got it done.

I need a break from these crazy MP fights. They take too much coordination between people.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Farmed up those 17 magicite yesterday. No mythril left behind for 4a!

Was tempted to pull on this fest banner for a holy chain but meh, can already farm Hades no problem.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Manticore done in 28.35 or so.

Less tanky than Mateus, but hits harder and more often. I thought for sure my phys fire would outclass the mag team, but nope.

Ran the same set up as phys team except I subbed in Vivi USB and Papa BSB/OSB.

My Phoenix needed super high chain counts to break the cap so I was pretty reliant on Papa OSB - and tons of Elarra USB spams. Came down to the wire a few times but got my 4 copies. I guess I could farm some more of these ice magicites since I probably won't be doing Wind without the chain.

Oct 25, 2017
Still have had zero time to tackle the two magicites or the warrior bosses. Did r5 healing smite, haven't used yet. R5s are curada valigarmanda and healing smite. Every other Ruby ability is r4 other than dark valefor and earth spellsword r3 and tbhe witch skill at r1.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are good inheritances for magic decks? My (4*) fire deck is using currently 2x King Bomb, a Krysta (for blade ward), and a Firemane. Main is Mom Bomb, who will be replaced once I can beat Phoenix.

Firemane has double dampen, but the bombs have nothing yet.

Also, unrelated but, how is Type-0? Its on sale, and I probably will have time to play a longer rpg now

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
What are good inheritances for magic decks? My (4*) fire deck is using currently 2x King Bomb, a Krysta (for blade ward), and a Firemane. Main is Mom Bomb, who will be replaced once I can beat Phoenix.

Also, unrelated but, how is Type-0? Its on sale, and I probably will have time to play a longer rpg now

Magic decks want Empowers, Magic Boon, Fast Cast and HP Boon (for Surging Power) for offensive passives.

As for Type 0, I highly recommend the PSP version. It's very much meant for handheld play and playing it on the TV will unveil all its blemishes and odd game design decisions.

It's not super bad, but it's a mess.

Happy New Years everyone. My head hurts from drinking and I'm going to waste all my mthril chasing Vivi's stupid ASB in less than 2 hours.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Magic decks want Empowers, Magic Boon, Fast Cast and HP Boon (for Surging Power) for offensive passives.

As for Type 0, I highly recommend the PSP version. It's very much meant for handheld play and playing it on the TV will unveil all its blemishes and odd game design decisions.

It's not super bad, but it's a mess.

Happy New Years everyone. My head hurts from drinking and I'm going to waste all my mthril chasing Vivi's stupid ASB in less than 2 hours.
So, I guess 3 Empowers and 3 Magic Boons are a good balance.
Then, 3 King Bombs, one with Empower, one with Magic Boon and one with Blade Ward, and one Firemane with Dampen. That might do it until I can farm Belias and Phoenix. Surging power is, well, awkward to use, as my team relies on Ovelias's LS USB, and everyone is usually at half health

And well, I only have the Steam option, but I think Ill buy it anyway

Thanks

And Happy New Year people!

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So, I guess 3 Empowers and 3 Magic Boons are a good balance.
Then, 3 King Bombs, one with Empower, one with Magic Boon and one with Blade Ward, and one Firemane with Dampen. That might do it until I can farm Belias and Phoenix. Surging power is, well, awkward to use, as my team relies on Ovelias's LS USB, and everyone is usually at half health

And well, I only have the Steam option, but I think Ill buy it anyway

Thanks

And Happy New Year people!

Do you need the 2nd Blade Ward? Especially since you have a Double Ward magicite already.

I'd try to throw in at least one Fast Cast there.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Do you need the 2nd Blade Ward? Especially since you have a Double Ward magicite already.

I'd try to throw in at least one Fast Cast there.
I'm replacing Krysta with the 3rd King Bomb. So I'll lose that ward

Fast Cast may help, but then again, my fire team is Terra (who has QC USB and trance), Vincent (QC trance) and Krile (Fast cast LM2), I don't know if it will help that much

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Crystal Tower down. Fights tackled in this order:

Anima: Cloud/Shelke/OK/Elarra/Zack (Midgardsomr team)

Carbunkle: Dorgan/Lenna/Kelgar/Galuf/Bartz (T2 Greg team)

Aranea: Aranea/Noctis/Iris/Ignis/Prompto (modified T2 Deadeye team, with Aranea in place of Gladio)

King Behemoth: TGC/Ramza/Marche/Aphmau/Beatrix (modified Hades team, with Ramza in place of Tyro)

Was going to kill just one manipulator in the Anima fight, but Belias wiped out one with a 99999 hit. So I got some free time to wail, not that it mattered much. Wind team too strong.

Didn't even realise that I went full synergy against Carbunkle until afterwards. That was why all my hits were capping so easily. I actually screwed that up and forgot Hastega, still won with Lenna maybe getting one Curada spell off.

Aranea fell before her Overclock moves could be used. If I had Aranea USB I'd consider actually using that team against D??? Deadeye. Gladio doesn't synergize well with the others (and I don't have his Last Stand SSB).

King Behemoth didn't get to attack. Haste -> Haste -> dead. More the power of Ramza CSB than anything else though; my Holy teams still need help.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
That Gilgamesh fight was fucking brutal for me. Honestly I thought I'd cheesestomp him with Orlandeau's USB while RWing Cloud USB1, but the combination of his damage and bullshit gimmicks was unreal. That 4-slot AoE auto-stun... Not sure if I just made it harder for myself by stubbornly sticking to that USB strategy instead playing more defensively or what, though.

I largely used this guide when constructing my 4* Magicite decks, seems to work well enough.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Was whaffling on whether to pull on banner 4 or not, but wifey convinced me:

1/11 - Zell USB
1/11 - Gilgamesh CSB

QUantity sucks, but quality rocks. Would have liked Vivi AOSB, Zell AOSB/LMR, and Greg LMR, but I'm quitting while I'm ahead. CSB alone should be enough to make the ice magicites bearable. Thanks wifey!

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
4nnV7V8l.jpg
tqYxYTNl.jpg

... 4 CHAINS

(I have half a mind to chase Vivis Glint but that is a very very bad idea)

Oct 27, 2017
Had no intention on doing this New Year's Lucky draw but the small changes they made added enough non dupes to make it worth a gamble to go for Elarra's USB.

4/11
Bartz Earth BSB (dupe)
Cloud BSB2
Cloud USB2
Elarra USB!!!

What a lucky pull! Healing USBs were definitely my weakest part of my team so it's nice to finally have a top tier relic. This fest has been very generous to me.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
2/11 on the lucky, Cloud BSB2 and TGC USB, both dupes.
I already had half of the banner, but it was a chance to get Elarra's USB

Well, back to saving mode

Oct 25, 2017
8/11 on that banner, missing clouds usb2 and 2 bartz bsbs. Haha no

100 gem Vincent busb. Have his chain so he is pretty good. Would love his lmr.
1/11 pull zell glint. Ouch. Bring on the free pull in 11 hrs.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
The New Year's draw went from 8 dupes to 11 dupes. The only non-dupes are Bartz USB1/fire BSSB and TGC USB, and while I still want all of those, not here. The hardest of hard skips.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Haven't heard from Jux in a while, how goes the 4* magicite?

picked up cloud USB 1 and tyro USB from the lucky. How do I beat utilize cloud? I have his USB 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Haven't heard from Jux in a while, how goes the 4* magicite?

I'm still around :)
Haven't made much progress lately though. Been mostly keeping up with current events and did not really try anything new. One thing I did though was finishing farming the important 3* magicites, which meant building magic ice and wind teams... Kind of a depressing experience when all you have to build them around are a few BSBs and not so many magic skill hones (especially wind which has very few options...). But now that it's done, I'll probably try 4* magicites again after the fest. I'm also considering trying to tackle some torment to had some more skills to my arsenal.

To be honest, at some point I considered giving up on the game. A lot of very bad pulls and realizing how much farming I will need in the future to get all the required skills made my motivation plummet. Now I'm more in a "take it slowly" mood and we'll see what happens. I'll try to save mythril until 4A and see if the RNGods shine on me.

On the New Year Lucky draw: A shame I've got most of the interseting stuff (only missing Cloud and Tyro USBs 6* there and some of the 5* relics). Given how low my mythril stash is, it's clearly not worth for just the chance at something I don't have.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yeah bad pulls can really dampen the fun when they hit frequently.

I'm taking it slow until 4a myself as well. That said, cloud USB1 let me sub 30 d240 jenova and get 80% on d280.

Sitting on 370 rubies but don't know any ability there I want/need.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Went hard on the fire banner since i still have a few events before next VIII one and managed to grab Zells glint and Arcane, Squalls flame saber and the Vivi arcane and greg chain.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Cloud USB1 let me cut 30 seconds off Earth snek. I'm going around the wheel a few more times as I really only did 1 and done before. Should help shore up gaps.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
ok... a little rant..

so basically all 5* magicites, you basically must learn their ai pattern? I finally took down king behemonth and i don't think i want to farm him anymore then i have too. So i guess i need.. 8?

as for the rant.. holy cow, the torments are psycho... even the d280 i am getting crushed on.. not even sure how to proceed on those at all ><

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ok... a little rant..

so basically all 5* magicites, you basically must learn their ai pattern? I finally took down king behemonth and i don't think i want to farm him anymore then i have too. So i guess i need.. 8?

as for the rant.. holy cow, the torments are psycho... even the d280 i am getting crushed on.. not even sure how to proceed on those at all ><
5* are hard, but its still somewhat doable. (edit: Doable as is, its still possible if you have, like you said, the AI, honed 5*/6* skills and somewhat powerful SBs)

D??? Torments tho, they are called DWhale for a reason. If one of your realms is absurdly strong, you may have a chance at that particular one, but otherwise you're not expected to beat them.

Awakenings will make them way more manageable (In fact, they are so powerful, JP can auto 5* magicites with them)

EDIT: Here, for comparison,

This is my T torment, with a lot of the most powerful FFT stuff in the game, like TGC USB/LMR, Ovelia USB, Marche USB, Ramza USB2/LMR. Its the only one I bothered to try, because I do have the stuff that may make it possible to win

(Btw, that was not 50% wtf, its clearly below half health)

Last edited:

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
i am having issues just beating the d280's right now... i must be missing something since i can beat all the 4* magicites...

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
For the d280 Torments you should be using at least 3 characters from the realm otherwise there is a massive damage reduction penalty.

Trying to brute force them off realm is nearly impossible at this point. I usually use Elarra and Onion Knight for healing and support and then my three best in realm damage dealers. If I have a decent in realm healer or support I'll swap them in.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
4/33 which most of you pull 4/11 on the reg.

Aria usb which I'm grateful for for the upcoming torment, and elarra bsb. Might come in handy for a last stand when not using usb.

Other 2 were fang osb and gogo 6 lmr. Whoopee.

Oct 25, 2017
6/33
Fran USB new
Nabaat USB new
Red bsb new
Noctis glint new
Noel sword lmr new
Setzer lmr new

Not sure if any of these will help with torments, but I have sbs for all already so I'm pretty pleased. Can't believe all 6 are new!

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Strago chain new, already have Tidus chain and sub30ed Belias
Cid 7 USB dupe
Lion BSB maybe new
Steiner BSB dupe
Ingus BSB1 dupe

Nothing that will probably improve my runs but a chain is a chain.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
8/33
Noctis USB2, Yuna USB2
Snow LMR
Shadow BSB, Guy BSB, Wakka BSB
Paine BSB dupe, Ingus BSB dupe

Yuna's USB2 seems to be the best thing here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
2/33

- Terra USB1 (dupe)
- Locke USB1

Locke USB1 should actually go well with a fire team since it's now my best source of fire imperil. Only had LMR for him prior, but I think this will fit in well against Mateus and maybe even Manticore.

Dunno why my quantity's taken a nosedive again though. Third minimum pull in a row (2 x1/11 on Banner 4), with a useless dupe no less, so it was really 1/33. Also weird that both relics were a) from FFVI and b) fire-related.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
9/33

Mustadio BSB
Aerith LMR (dupe)
Auron LMR1 (dupe)
Warrior of light USB
Noctis OSB
Seifer USB1
Tidus CSB
Rinoa doublecast LMR
Faris USB1?

two dupes, but everything else seems cool. Really glad to have Rinoa's doublecast LMR. I've got Rikku's CSB but tidus has it's uses with the Quickcast. Seifers is a 6 star fire sword. Really happy with this.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
3/33:. Dupe Aria bsb, Mog debuff usb, and Garland chain.

I already have Seifer's gen 2 chain so nothing really useful here. 😐

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I've got 1 chain and all I see here and Reddit is ugh, already have all the chains but whatever. Lol, the pain is real.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
If I had no relic for ff6, would banner 2 serve me well? Saving for 4a is nice and all but...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
When do we get those special 6* weapons? Both my inventory and vault are full now. I've been hoarding to level them up.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
So close. Saw a 6-* fist and thought it was Snow's ice chain. Turns out it was his USB2. I did got 7/33 which is better than I thought I would do. Banking all these dupes for legendarys now.

Snow usb2
Vayne OSB
Orlandeau OSB (dupe)
Galuf LMR (dupe)
Steiner BSB (dupe)
Gogo (VI) BSB
Prompto BSB

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Draws were junk but it is what it is.

I can almost do Phoenix. Just need to work on keeping everyone alive in phase 3.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
So I went and finished up Realms on Parade. Not sure if I posted before (I did half before the fest banners dropped), but here's the results:

Type-0: Ace BSSB
T: Ramza USB1, Montblanc LMR
XV: Noctis USB1 (dupe)
XIV: Cid XIV USB
XIII: Lightning USB1
XII: Ashe Glint (dupe)
XI: Ayame BSSB (dupe), Curilla BSSB
X: Tidus AOSB
IX: Zidane LMR2
VIII: Seifer LMR2
VII: Reno USB
VI: Mog LMR
V: Bartz BSSB2 (dupe)
IV: Rydia LMR1
III: Ingus CSB
II: Minwu LMR
I: Sarah LMR

Overall, this went much better than my previous RoPs. Six discos (albeit one dupe) and fewer dupes overall, not to mention good riddance to those damn SSBs. Tidus AOSB alone is a personal grand prize, something I've long wanted for a favourite character. It should make sub-20 on Phoenix possible, which should speed up that fight a good deal since it's my primary arcana farm. It will also be useful against D??? Torment, since it's my only major burst damage there currently.

Cid XIV automatically makes him my best fire machinist. This is definitely a good thing to have. The only drawback is that this slightly devalues the Locke USB1 I got from the free 33 pull (which was my only non-dupe in 2/33) since I was planning to use Locke as my fire imperil-bot against ice magicites, but Cid makes more sense, especially when 6* Heat Offering drops. Locke can still be used against D??? Torment at least, though I'd prefer to have a little more tech for him (e.g. USB2/AOSB) before I attempt that.

Ramza USB1 and Lightning USB1 are old tech, but welcome nonetheless. Lightning USB1 is also my first 6* lightning+ sword, finally.

Zidane LMR2 (dualcast) isn't too useful now since the only thing I have for him are BSSBs, but he's got powerhouse relics and I'll need this to maximize his potential.

VIII didn't give me the Laguna or Squall tech I desperately need, but Seifer LMR2 is welcome nonetheless. I have his CSB and his crappy BSSb1, so this will give him more bite, though he's still limited to chain bot right now.

As for the rest, most of it was decent. Ingus CSB is a nice get, though I already have Galuf CSB so I'm not certain how much it will be used. Still, Last Stand + Earth chain might give me something else to try against King Behemoth. Sarah (hance to AoE heal after bard abilities) and Minwu (dualcast) LMRs are useful. Ace BSSB is actually pretty good (albeit no use for Torment), Curilla gives me my first boostga for XI. It's not her USB, but it's a start. Mog LMR will make juggling his USB1 and BSSB easier, if necessary.

In fact, aside from the dupes (seriously Noctis, this is the second RoP in a row I duped one of your shitty relics - Glint last time, USb1 this time), the only duds I see are Montblanc LMR and Rydia LMR1. Besides the fact that I consider the LMRs that grant chance to quickcast 1 after using a particular ability to be suspect at best, I have nothing for MOntblanc and he's meh anyway due to his realm being knight-heavy, and I only have Rydia BSSB2. She's fully dived since I planned to use her in my Belias team, but she ended up getting replaced by Alphinaud who gave me slightly more consistent sub-30 results. Next time, drop your USB2 Rydia! Or don't, since there's plenty better IV stuff I want (Palom USB, D.Cecil USB, Edward USb/BSSB, etc).

EDIT:

I forgot that Rydia LMR1 is a water+ light armor. So that makes it a considerably better than Montblanc LMR, which is still junk.

Hours Left:

If you're talking about the Sacred Weapons, those are a) 8* weapons, not 6*, and b) they should be arriving just before 4th Anniversary.

Last edited: