• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
wow.. haven't played in awhile.... what the hell is all this new stuff.. magia? and artifacts....

hmmm, is it worth it to get to 100 magia lvl and then swap out to lvl other chars (for other magicites)?

Hmm, maybe it will help me actually beat 5* magicites.... then again maybe not.. I assume the game is still ultra relic dependent still?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I think once the free pull(s) are done I might pull the trigger on using these artifacts specifically as fall suggests, to get over the hump.

Need to get off my butt and kill more magicites.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm not a bad investment

Magia Level of 59 + lvl 50 FFV knife.

Increased my Sora DPS by 16 percent (Magia 11 percent, knife 5) when I don't have a 6* element weapon (Not including the free KH weapon). Will probably be 20 percent when I get to level 100 Magia.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I've been working on some D??? The last day or so. I managed to get FFV to 56% and FF12 to 55%. I could probably push both past 60% with a little rng luck, but I don't feel like restarting for a couple of hours.

I need to look and see what other realms I have the SBs to make a run at 50%.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't how but I completely forgot about rop.

Maybe I should wait two more days and pull all 17 at once.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
2 more D??? pushed past 50%. FFXIII to 71% and FFXIV to 67%.

I was so bored of crystal farming, this has been a good break for me.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like people are really under selling magia stats.

Maybe it's because I lack any gen 2 chains so I use ellaras rw boostga/faithga as my only offensive buff for magicite but the magia stats are pretty substantial in terms of damage increase.

Plus the investment is pretty low. On iOS you can create a switch control that basically auto fights for you.(so no third party programs) You only need to look at it every few hours since your stamina usage rate will be way faster than natural refresh rate. If you plan to use stamina refresh then look at it every 30 minutes. Way more productive than Grinding to get that 6* skill to r4 plus for the purpose of getting that 5 to 10 extra damage.

Plus I'm getting tons of rainbow shards.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
Feel like people are really under selling magia stats.

Maybe it's because I lack any gen 2 chains so I use ellaras rw boostga/faithga as my only offensive buff for magicite but the magia stats are pretty substantial in terms of damage increase.

Plus the investment is pretty low. On iOS you can create a switch control that basically auto fights for you.(so no third party programs) You only need to look at it every few hours since your stamina usage rate will be way faster than natural refresh rate. If you plan to use stamina refresh then look at it every 30 minutes. Way more productive than Grinding to get that 6* skill to r4 plus for the purpose of getting that 5 to 10 extra damage.

Plus I'm getting tons of rainbow shards.

Link to a video or a guide? Sounds interesting!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Okay, got my first clear on Madeen after a couple hours of trying. Clear time was just over 40 seconds.

Exdeath (LM1+LM2): R4 Dark Zone, R2 Hastega, MM (USB/SSB2), double dark boost
Kuja(LMR+LM2): R2 Memento Mori, R4 Dark Zone, BLK DMg+30% (BSSB1/OSB), double dark boost
Seifer: R3 Mark of Darkness, R3 Banishing Strike, DMT (CSB)
Raines (LM1+LM2): R3 MementoMori, R4 Dire Heal, Scholar's Boon (BSSB/OSB)
ELarra (LM1+LM2): R3 Allegro, R4 Curada, Gathering Storm (USB)

Rw: Guardian

Magicites: Shadow Dragon (L15 Empower Dark), Hades (L15 Healing Boon),Quetz (2 xL15 Mag Boon), Phoenix (L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Necrophobe (L15 Dampen Holy).

Rough turn order:

Exdeath: Hastega, USB1, Dark Zone spam, refresh Hastega when chain is being refreshed, refresh USB, SSB2, Dark Zone spam
Kuja: MM, Dark Zone x2, BSSB1, Dark Zone spam, BSSB1 when available, Dark Zone spam, CMD1 spam, OSB, CMD1 spam
Seifer: RW, CSB, magicite, Mark of Darkness spam, refresh chain when it runs out, Banish Strike to remove Mighty Guard, Mark of Darkness spam
Raines: MM, Dire Heal x2, BSSB, Dire Heal, CMd1 spam, refresh BSSB, Dire Heal if underHQC, CMD1 spam, OSB
Elarra: Allegro, Curada x2, USB, Allegro, Curada,x2, USB after Phase 2 Terra Impact, Allegro, Curada spam

I first tried with CoD in place of Exdeath, but her BSSB2 is a no go for this fight. The first time I tried it, I died to my own Doom counter with about 35% HP left at 35 seconds. It was encouraging, though, because that was basically a 4-man run since CoD didn't survive the phase 1 turn 3 nuke. I would use her USB, but she can't use white 5 so no Hastega.

I swapped in Exdeath with his USB which provides the same buff as CoD BSSB2, manual Hastega, and went with MM on Kuja/Raines instead. Was also pleasantly surprised to learn that Exdeath has a dualcast dark LM2, so I fully dived him (he wasn't even 4* dived prior) since I had over 900 SPR/WIS motes as well as watered him for HP and MND. I was hoping his Runic would block Stop that was cast on him, but the blasted thing is NAT here. Doesn't matter, though, since he and Elarra still shrugged it off instantly like champs.

Dunno how easy this will be to farm. It took me a couple hours to suss out the rough turn order above. I think as long as I can heal at certain points and have full HP going into Phase 3, it should be stable. Biggest RNG are the goddamn criticals on the opening physicals.

Kuja and Raines continue to be DPS champs even with two year old tech. i got both to cap with their BSSB commands; Kuja was even capping after his en-dark had worn off (my only en-dark for him is his LMR). Good thing too since his R4 Dark Zone ran out. I did water both for magic (and HP), and of.course, gen 2 chain and multiple faithgas, but still, this is great. Raines BSSB was the very first thing I spent gems on to select in FFRk, and it has yet to let me down.

Hopefully this is stable enough to farm. First thing I need is a Madeen with 2 x L20 MAG boon to make this fight a bit easier, then move on from there.

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any "I ain't gonna work on Magia farms no more" puns?

Now I see there is something called switches on iOS hat can automate this somewhat? Yes please.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FF3: Aria w-cast LMR
FF2: Guy USB

I have nothing else for Aria, and guy's USB is quite old, but no dupes

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Hilda bsb.

Unsure about bartz aasb. Dumping it all in hopes for it would be tragic. The rest of the banner, besides Terra, is junk that wouldn't help me. I need to look at the banners again because none of them look very tantalizing :(

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hacked away my version when some one mentioned it a few days ago in reddit but they seem to have a pretty comprehensive thread on it now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/b49fnx/ios_magia_farm/

Holy crap, this is awesome and I actually could get it working after some tinkering with tap placement.

Lmr pull dupes
Osb pull onion osb new yes this was risky
Firion USB dupe, butnits plus ice and has great stats so it's a win in my book.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Skipped the first two Lucky's because I ain't falling for that trap. Even tonight's doesn't have me feeling too excited to pull.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Unsure about bartz aasb. Dumping it all in hopes for it would be tragic. The rest of the banner, besides Terra, is junk that wouldn't help me. I need to look at the banners again because none of them look very tantalizing :(

Wait, you have no use for gen 2 wind chain, dark Cloud stuff, or a clone of Elarra USB? And that's not even counting the fact that this is the only anniversary banner with two AASBs??? O_O

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Wait, you have no use for gen 2 wind chain, dark Cloud stuff, or a clone of Elarra USB? And that's not even counting the fact that this is the only anniversary banner with two AASBs??? O_O

I guess the wind chain could help. I have Zack chain now, my dark is already pretty loaded. Have Riku aasb, seph USB pants, arcanes for both, dcecil USB and arcane, exdeath, and plenty more.

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have this automate here are my magia plans, tentative

1st 5 to 100
Aerith, elarra, onion, Vivi Terra

2nd
Riku Vincent alphinaud palom onion(200)

3rd
Ashe hope orlandeau cloud

4th
Zack rem tifa Shan

5th
Garnet red hmmmm

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Even outside of Dark Cloud stuff and Faris chain, there's still Rosa USB2 and the AASBs. This is the strongest banner of the fest by far.

Yeah that's why I'm slowly becoming bummed about it. Bartz aasb would help a ton, don't get me wrong. It's just there's so many land mines on that banner. Even the chain banner isn't very tempting. 2 of em are realm chains. I just don't know what to do! Hopefully tonight's lucky and the 40 draw will be kind. But the 2x 40s for kh only gave me 3/40. Most people draw 3/11 all day long.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
BUt what I'm saying is that there aren't "landmines" on the banner. Outside of maybe Faris BSSB2 (if it remains) and barring any unknown drastic changes, the banner is good from top to bottom. Sure, you might not need Cloud Dark tech, but Cloud dark tech is objectively not bad. And that's still only, what, 2 discos out of 6? Is there another banner where more than 4 discos appeal to you?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tqbZg0k.jpg

Even dena knows Eblan Doppelganger is an USB in disguise

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
BUt what I'm saying is that there aren't "landmines" on the banner. Outside of maybe Faris BSSB2 (if it remains) and barring any unknown drastic changes, the banner is good from top to bottom. Sure, you might not need Cloud Dark tech, but Cloud dark tech is objectively not bad. And that's still only, what, 2 discos out of 6? Is there another banner where more than 4 discos appeal to you?

I classify a landmine as anything that doesn't help me in the long run. My dark is already ballin, I have elarra, and I have several dupes, mainly a couple of the glints/lmr. Might just be some lmr.

But tonight has been good for me so far!

Got 1/3 Garland chain tonight on lotr. Probably the worst dark chain but that's all I'll need to sub 30 madeen and the other one I'm sure.

USB lucky netted me zidane USB, which shall be nice. I have barely anything for 9 and not a lot of wind options in general. Happy with those 2 pulls very much!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Luck of the Realms tally:

FFT - TGC LMR (dupe)
FF0 - Deuce USB
FF15 - Iris USB
FF14 - Estinien USB
FF13 - Lightning BSB2 (dupe)
FF12 - Reks BSB (dupe)
FF11 - Ayame OSB
FF10 - Rikku BSB2
FF9 - Vivi ASB
FF8 - Zell USB
FF7 - Zack LMR
FF6 - Mog LMR
FF5 - Lenna USB2
FF4 - Golbez USB (dupe)
FF3 - Arc BSB2
FF2 - Firion LMR (dupe)
FF1 - Master USB

All in all not too bad. Some of my dupes were painful (I think that is my 7th or 8th Lightning BSB2 dupe), but I got some situational torment/realm stuff.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
USB lucky: 3/11 Rem USB2, Jecht USB, Josef USB dupe

That... could've gone better

lmao the Jecht USB is his dark one but the LMR I have for him is his monk dualcast

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
USB LD: Krile bUSB - Krile is actually part of my sub30 Manticore team, but I don't think her brave will help much at this point

I: WoL CSB - YES, first Holy chain
II: Guy USB
III: Aria LMR
IV: Palom USB
V: Krile Glint
VI: Setzer BSB
VII: Zack CSB dupe
VIII: Edea USB
IX: Eiko USB1
X: Yuna USB1
XI: Shantotto LMR
XII: Ashe USB dupe
XIII: Vanille BSB2
XIV: Alphinaud CSB
XV: Prompto BSB
FFT: TGC OSB dupe
0: Deuce LMR

Overall... I dont think I'll ever top this lol

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
FFI 1/3 - WoL EnHoly LMR (dupe)

Ending with three dupes is lame, but overall it was a great LotR. Tons of new USBs, and Sephiroth's AOSB.

USB Lucky 3/11 - Rinoa Earth BUSB, Locke BUSB, Auron USB2

All new! All recent-ish! All good!

I now have all three of Locke's USBs, and I hadn't specifically pulled for any of them. 🤣

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys feel about the usb LD

With anima lens coming nothing really excites me and unfiltered draws have so much garbage.

I've gotten to the point where any banner without aasb or chains seem like a trap to me.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
How do you guys feel about the usb LD

With anima lens coming nothing really excites me and unfiltered draws have so much garbage.

I've gotten to the point where any banner without aasb or chains seem like a trap to me.

Anima lenses will give you the satisfaction once per month or longer!

Or wait for a couple years from now and I'm sure we'll have guaranteed 3 usbs per draw when they're junk.

I'm far from a min maxer and I say draw. Waiting for anima lenses 2 months from now and getting to craft once a month doesn't take away from a USB lucky.

Aasb isn't the end all be all. You might score one but you're not going to score 5 to fill out your full team.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Vivi tips, watch Vivi's hand, and press the jump button once the rope passes over it. After 40, the speed picks up a lot, and after 60 it slows down again.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Vivi tips, watch Vivi's hand, and press the jump button once the rope passes over it. After 40, the speed picks up a lot, and after 60 it slows down again.
That minigame is pure hell on my phone, I get stutters and lag every so often and my timing gets completely off. I got to 40 something and bailed.

Oct 25, 2017
Rop final, new stuff
Rem lmr
Meliadoul usb
Prompto bsb
Serah usb
Fran usb
Quina lmr
Raijin osb
Terra usb
Garland bsb2

So not bad really

USB lucky pencil busb and dupe greg katana...eh

Hit 41 on the jump rope, may not come back even for the free majors.

Super slammed this week so probably just running the auto magia and taking care of the events next weekend.

Oct 30, 2017
Lenna USB2 from lucky. I wonder if I should dive her. I have her medica LMR, USB1, and two of her BSB. Maybe it's time to try Greg Torment again... My FF5 team is pretty nuts right now and I've ignored it since release after getting 50%.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Just FYI it's way easier to solo the X-ATM092 raid. The gimmick requires some planning ahead and good luck with that in multiplayer.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
PQlb7rJ.jpg

I think I'm satisfied with that.

Edit:

Present Draw - Ursula AOSB, Tyro Glint, Vayne LMR, Prishe LMR, Emperor EnEarth LMR, Raines LMR1, Rinoa BSB1, Red XIII BSB1 (dupe)

Relic Draw x40 9/40 - Bartz AOSB (dupe), Maria USB (dupe), Krile Glint, Papalymo LMR, Seifer LMR1, Curilla LMR, Vayne LMR (dupe), Emperor BSB2, Marcus BSB

Not thrilled that 2/3 of my 6* were dupes, but my USB Lucky Draw earlier was good, so I can't complain. The rest is alright, nothing earthshattering, and some of the LMRs are OLD, but a few useful pieces in there.

Bring on the banners~

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
8pull zell arcane Kain lmr Ashe lmr 5 dupes.

40 pull
Cloud asb dupe (4th of this)
Red csb dupe
Marcus USB new
Reyn USB new
Alphinaud USB new
Barret bsb new
Golbez bsb new
Delita lmr new
Ward bsb new
Squall gsb dupe
Cloud lmr dupe
Decil gsb dupe

Welp it was free.
Most useful to me is Ashe lmr en-lit. Then Kain lmr speak boost. Alphinauds old USB is nice as well, since I have his csb.

This would have been an outstanding pull but for the dupes, at least!

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Same here, really disappointed.
Got Warrior of Light AOSB and a bunch of LMR for characters I have nothing useful for on the 8x and on the 40x, got 2 6* dupes (garland CSB and King USB) and nothing really interesting beside :(

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Gift: Rydia AOSB, Gogo (V) Glint, Yda LMR, Iris LMR dupe, Firion BSB dupe, Tellah BSB, Lilisette BSB, Shantotto BSB dupe
40: 6/40 Bartz AOSB, PCecil AOSB, Ovelia USB dupe, Lann USB, Galuf LMR, Fusoya BSB

LotR Final:
0 - Deuce LMR
T - Ovelia LMR dupe
15 - Aranea OSB
14 - Minfilia LMR dupe
13 - Vanille BSB2
12 - Vayne OSB
11 - Shantotto USB
10 - Lulu LMR
9 - Zidane AOSB
8 - Kiros BSB
7 - Cloud BSB1 x 2 dupe - fuck you too game