• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
FFX went from "I forgot to even hit 50% for some crystals" to "tidus stop please its already dead"

4/17 sub30

sXDd37Ul.jpg

Rikku CSB (MM)
Tidus USB/AASB (TGCid)
Yuna USB1 (Ace)
Paine nothing lol (Truthseeker)
Wakka nothing lol (DrM)

Actually had problems with this one trying to set Tidus up for USB->AASB->shooter spam w/ Wakka entrusting because there's a P1 Confuse that hits about 13s in. Finally clicked when I just went AASB->shooter spam on turn 2 and then triggered USB later, which pushed P2 before Confuse.

Also I discovered something worse than an AASB:- two AASBs

HY0nMpMl.jpg

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
FFVI D??? killed in 43 seconds. It took me about 2 hours of fiddling with turn orders to finally get the kill and it still took a bit of RNG luck with double casts and stuff.

My party was

Mog - usb1, bsb, Multi Break & Enfeebling Jitterbug - DMT
Celes - bsb1, Inferno Assault & Blastspell strike - MM
Shadow - No sb used, Stitch in Time & Smoldering Fire - Spark of Life
Terra - usb1, aasb, aosb, Valigarmanda & Chain Firaja - Scholars Boon
Relm - bsb, Holy & Curada, Gathering Storm

Unicorn as main magicite for Astra

As is obvious from the party list Terra did all the heavy lifting here. She would build meter to combo usb1 to aasb and then after asb runs out she would have enough to drop the aosb for the kill. Shadow was my sacrificial pawn to Doom and chain caster/magicite user, but he was capping damage with Smoldering Fire. Celes was my boostga/faithga to start off and then a decent chain builder with Inferno Assault. Mog started off with his usb from pro/shell/haste and then used his bsb when he had meter for a second faithga. Relm just cured and then used her bsb when it was ready. The Last Stand from the bsb came in handy to keep Terra alive long enough to use her aosb.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
it saves a LOT of time since you also only need 3 5* sub30s for enough Arcana to level a 5* Magicite to 80

Oct 25, 2017
FFVI D??? killed in 43 seconds. It took me about 2 hours of fiddling with turn orders to finally get the kill and it still took a bit of RNG luck with double casts and stuff.

My party was

Mog - usb1, bsb, Multi Break & Enfeebling Jitterbug - DMT
Celes - bsb1, Inferno Assault & Blastspell strike - MM
Shadow - No sb used, Stitch in Time & Smoldering Fire - Spark of Life
Terra - usb1, aasb, aosb, Valigarmanda & Chain Firaja - Scholars Boon
Relm - bsb, Holy & Curada, Gathering Storm

Unicorn as main magicite for Astra

As is obvious from the party list Terra did all the heavy lifting here. She would build meter to combo usb1 to aasb and then after asb runs out she would have enough to drop the aosb for the kill. Shadow was my sacrificial pawn to Doom and chain caster/magicite user, but he was capping damage with Smoldering Fire. Celes was my boostga/faithga to start off and then a decent chain builder with Inferno Assault. Mog started off with his usb from pro/shell/haste and then used his bsb when he had meter for a second faithga. Relm just cured and then used her bsb when it was ready. The Last Stand from the bsb came in handy to keep Terra alive long enough to use her aosb.

Hey this is similar to my team, granted I have Locke with his imperil USB and aosb.

Consider strago with the imperil fire machinist and double machinest rm and entrust in lieu of shadow.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Tried out Syldra on my break again, went with the following team:

Bartz, AASB, SSS
Elarra USB, Curada & Hastega
Snow USB2, USB1, Icicle Rush & Dispelling Strike
Celes CSB, AOSB, Shellga & SSS
Squall USB2, AOSB, SSS & LS

Got pretty deep into the fight with Syldra down to 10% HP remaining, but didn't have enough gauge for any of my AOSBs. I was probably a turn or two away at most from getting them off, but cast Elarra's USB too soon which caused my party to wipe.

I'm pretty confident I can do this sub30, though I wonder if Squall BSB isn't a better option instead of his USB2. With Bartz AASB Syldra doesn't stay in enraged mode for very long lol.

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to wait until the weekend, but I had some free time this evening to run (quite literally) through Syldra. An easy sub-30 with the party;

Sora, AASB, ASOB.
Laguna, USB2.
Celes, CSB, USB1.
Elarra, USB.
Aerith, USB.

Went double healer since my DPS is huge with Sora and Laguna driving the chain. Elarra and Aerith also allow me to quickcast for the entire fight, so I'm hitting 22-23 seconds consistently. Super fun to walk over one of the hardest magicites!

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Hecatoncherry is an enigma. Get to phase last? Get wrecked. I'm taking off your haste and hitting you 8 times.

I wish haste weren't so important but the game is literally impossible if haste is left off for more than 2 seconds.

Any hints on how to skip this last phase bull? Have no wind arcanes. Not that it would change much, at that point my cloud is hitting for 50k x 4 or 5.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Daravon;

With Tidus AASB, craft Sapphire Bullet and you'll melt, er, drown, FFX Torment.

Noctis's AOSB is considered one of the worst so that's definitely not a consideration. Your physical dark options are strong enough for Lakshmi (though a chain would really help, that fight is obnoxious) so I wouldn't bother with D.Cecil with just Gint. If you had his USB, sure, but otherwise no.

Frankly, I'd suggest getting Tidus. With AASB, his AOSB can potentially hit for 500,000 damage.

As far as I know, Bartz Glint and AASB don't stack, but I could be wrong.

Oh, I hadn't considered that; I'm assuming that's worthwhile because the AOSB hits will hit for (potentially) 19999x20 as opposed to 9999x20?

Also someone on reddit a few hours ago posted a thread where they tested it and Bartz's Glint does *not* stack with his AASB. They have different ID's, but apparently only one can actually be in effect and the AASB boost trumps the Glint boost.

On a separate note it took me more or less 2 days but I got every torment 240/280 at sub-30. This solved my mote and ruby problem, and I dived a ton of people and grabbed a metric ton of abilities that I burnt a year's worth of crystals on. Now I'm actually doing fabul for magia while I'm watching something. I've got a taste of the endgame and finally feel like I'm playing the same game everyone else is lol. Tomorrow I'm gonna look at starting to tackle the 5* magicites which I want to at least try to do some of before tackling the dwhales. Weeks of grinding magicites and other stuff finally paying off!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
MrDaravon:

Yes, Tidus AASB can make AOSB hit for 19999x20+99999. All 20+1 AOSbs are much more valuable now in the age of AASBs.

ultra7K:

The reason you don't have enough gauge is because you let Syldra remove her ice weakness with Bar ICe, thus killing your SB generation. You need someone to run ICy Offering/imperil ice to counter that.

Also, while Squall BSSB2 is comarable damage to USB2, the latter is more consistent DPS. Furthermore, spamming SSS generates more SB gauge than his BSSB commands.

Random Painted HIghway:

I think the selects drop on the 7th.

Anustart:

There's no trick, unfortunately, It's skip Heca entire Phase 3 or get slaughtered.

EDIT:

Sorry, I meant to say that Squall USB2 is more consistent DPS than his BSSB2.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Well had lots of free time today so I decided to farm Syldra. Ended up with a consistent clear where I would only restart if Laguna failed to imperil once during his first 3 attacks. In total I got 12 copies today plus I got one last night. This gives me enough to get a Syldra to lv 99, a Madeen with 2 lv20 magic boons and one lv 20 magic boon ready to go in case I need another. Although the fight isn't too bad anymore, I hope I'm done with it for good.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
7OCIyANl.jpg

m a g i a r e m a t ch

pros: didn't have to dive DCecil in the end
cons: 4* dived DCecil and I want my 4* vit motes back

5/17 sub30

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Falk. But c'mon, when you post a sub-30, at least tell us the party loadout so the rest of us can see how close were are to mimicking!
No doubt!

With Rosa's usb2 I really need to try this one again. I'm magiaing palom and barb now to try again in a few days when I get around to it.

Are all the upcoming abilities Ruby based? I count ...14? 14x180=2,520. I know we will get an influx from the first 40% of the dwhales and I seem to recall other sources? Hmm. Not like I need motes, I'm sitting on 13 potential dives now anyway.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats Falk. But c'mon, when you post a sub-30, at least tell us the party loadout so the rest of us can see how close were are to mimicking!

Eh, I've been contemplating recording runs, but I figured there were way more than enough out there to reference. I guess the skin-of-the-teeth runs would be a lot more useful for this too, e.g. pre-4A 29s on FFV rather than the 21s trouncing.

For FFIV I'll list three loadouts:

This was my pre-4A loadout which hit 35s and I'm p sure it could go 30s with just magia upgrades and running enough times that I got 2/3 dualcasts.
Kain USB2 (+spear)
Palom USB (+lightning)
Edge SSB (MM)
Rydia USB2 (+water)
Rosa USB (TGC)

Intended post-fest loadout was
DCecil USB (+sword)
Palom USB (+lightning)
Edge SSB (MM)
Rydia USB2 (+water)
Rosa USB (TGC)

but I hadn't dived DCecil yet so since I picked up some toys from 4A I just decided to see how close maintaining Kain would be.
Kill was
Kain USB2 (+spear)
Edward USB/3QCLMR (MM)
Rydia USB2 (+water)
Palom USB (+lightning)
Rosa USB2/Glint (DrM)

The big difference obviously is Edward and Rosa's QC increased DPS a ton. Glint meant I didn't need to shoehorn Edge in anymore.

edit i'm dumb have some screenshots instead

all 6*s are r4, magicite is water-heavy because Palom and Kain were already capping and I managed to make Rydia's chase cap as well lmao

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Orb Meadows drop rates are pretty insane.

I'm getting like 4-5 drop per 100 stam.

edit: LOL just had a run with 8 total crystals.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
pvRENqal.png

Typhon took several attempts but was finally able to clear.
Celes CSB
Edea USB1
OK mUSB
Ysayle USB
Elarra USB

Two hardest things about this fight is doing enough damage at the start of the fight and surviving at the end. Went back and forth between carrying Affliction Break or Chain Blizzaga on OK. Ended up with Affliction Break for my victory.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled on the Irvine banner when it released and managed to get his chain. I also did a pull for Lagunas stuff and grabbed his knight glint and shotgun. I know his ultra will be in future VIII banners so I'm not going to chase it.

The X-ATM fight is fun lol

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Decided to do all the RoPs tonight. Done in this order.

VIII: 1/3 - Squall Glint
IX: 1/3 - Garnet BSSB1 (dupe)
VI: 1/3 - Shadow BSSB
X: 1/3 - Lulu USB2
FFT: 1/3 - Ramza BSSB2 (dupe)
T0: 1/3 - Rem BSSB
XIV: 2/3 - Minfillia BSSB2 (dupe), Papalymo LMR
XII: 1/3 - Gabranth USB2
XIII: 1/3 - Lightning Glint
II: 1/3 - Scott LMR
VII: 1/3 - Cloud BSSB1 (dupe)
XV: 1/3 - Aranea USB
XI: 1/3 - Ayame OSB
III: 1/3 - Arc BSSB1
V: 1/3 - Exdeath USB1 (dupe)
I: 1/3 - WoL LMR
IV: 1/3 - Ceodore LMR

Not that many dupes overall, but generally a giant pile of meh. Best things are Squall Glint, Papalymo LMR, Aranea USB and Lulu USB2, all of which should help with their respective torments (well, I'm not 100% sure about Lulu helping in X, but the others will definitely help in VIII, XIV, and XV respectively). Ayame OSB is actually something I wanted long ago, but while this isn't 2017 anymore, it should still put in work against XI Torment. Rem BSSB might come in handy for Ark, not sure. The rest is whatever.

Only 5 discos this time, with one useless dupe. Not the worst RoP for me since the ones that had SSBs were worse, but this is still rather poor. No real jackpots per se.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
ShinUltima - you inspired me to do a few of those as well.

VIII: Selphie BSB (first medica!)
XI: Shantooters ASB
II: Hilda BSB
IX: Kuja OSB
XIII: Vanille Glint (100 gem draw, admittedly)
XII: Reks BSB (!)
VI: Gau USB
X: Rikku LMR (init QC3)
IV: Rydia ASB

Plus, even dupes are okay now:
III: Onion Knight LMR -> shard
V: Kelger LMR -> combined

All in all, not bad. I've got a lot of SBs to master.

The real question is whether I bother with any of the selects. The only BSB worth mentioning these days is Ignis BSB, and there's really no USB I've been yearning for. OSB and LMR are lolworthy. I have kinda wanted Cloud's ASB since it was released, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Disaster. My 3.5 year ol dropped my iPad all of a foot and the screen shattered. Thankfully we have apple care so it's only fifty bucks but a few days to a week will be struggling with the old ipad to complete events. And no magia auto farming. Right now still functional but can cut fingers if not careful.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Disaster. My 3.5 year ol dropped my iPad all of a foot and the screen shattered. Thankfully we have apple care so it's only fifty bucks but a few days to a week will be struggling with the old ipad to complete events. And no magia auto farming. Right now still functional but can cut fingers if not careful.

Put some saran wrap over the screen? I think some people have done that as a short term fix.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Glarghaghh

Had Syldra down to 3% or so health and wiped...So close.

Team was:

Bartz SSS/AASB
Elarra Curada + Shellga / USB1
OK Wrath + Entrust / pUSB
Celes SSS + Dispel / CSB, AOSB, USB (I think I need another level of hones for her SSS, and I need to dispel High Stakes...thought I could power through it)
Laguna Icy Offering + Ice Snipe / USB

Manticore as main magicite.

Soooo bloody close, one more dual cast from Bartz would have done the trick, or dispelling High Stakes would have also done it since it mitigates a good chunk of damage. That was all user error.

My biggest challenge is after High Stakes, Syldra does Wind followed by Lightning attack super fast lol...but I guess that's part of the problem. I also need to time Celes AOSB for later in the fight. I guess I'll go USB SSS Spam and then AOSB.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I need a magicite planner or something. Mine are all helter skelter. Every magicite deck thread on Reddit though is just a picture and usually in Japanese for some reason.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I need a magicite planner or something. Mine are all helter skelter. Every magicite deck thread on Reddit though is just a picture and usually in Japanese for some reason.

Double Ward + HP boon (Phoenix)
Double Dampen of every element
Madeen with double Attack Boon 20
Madeen with double Magic Boon 20
2 magicites with Empower Element for physical
2 magicites with Empower Element for magic

Oh look you're done

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Well I can only beat a couple 5* at the moment so helpful in the future at least

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
A lot of us (okay, two) in the Discord are using this one.

Probably because it minimizes farming, shows you which 4* magicites to eat, and isn't just an eye chart with pictures only.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Most guides are unneedesly complicated, designed to specifically target min/maxing for that extra 3% of DPS or whatever.

Here's the best rule of magicites.

Stack a maximum of 2 passives of everything.

Stop mixing weird stuff like putting Precision Strikes and Magic Boon on a Dampen magicite.

Everything becomes much simpler then.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'd pull on the RK crew if I had the mithril

But I just wasted 300 on IX with minimal gains and I'm about to get another 50 mithril to try again so...

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
So as usual, I'll go scour Reddit if nobody gives me a quick cliffnotes version here, but what is there to know about these new Core characters? I skimmed over the "Game Update" about the mechanics of Dr. Mog's but I don't remember what it even said off the top of my head, and sleep meds were kicking in.

Then I will decide if I need to power through record dungeons and what not to do at least a pull on it. I've been finishing Legacy of the Realms like some others have said, with my bits of mythril here and there until full save mode again. Haven't gotten a single disco, and really it has been a bad move, but at least got some new LMRs and a Reno BSB, lol.

Edit: Daily Draw was a 5* from FF14. It's been too long, but I thought by the time they added the Final Fantasy 14 realm, there wasn't relics without soul breaks, aside from special stuff like holidays or FF15 Engine Blade.

Anyway, it was a bow.....Lominsan Bow. Guess it's extra Rainbow Shard fodder.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I only want tyro usb4 and elarra usb2.

If I pull I know I'm getting elarra usb1 which I picked last dream selects and that will annoy me to no end

And it's pretty tough to justify pulling on a non dream banner without a featured awakening.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled on that banner.
Elarra USB off the free pull
Dr Mog USB / Elarra BSB / Dr Mog LMRx2

Elarra USB2 is what I wanted so I'm good with that. I now have that tyro / elarra combo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, theyre supposed to be awesome but if you can handle the magicites then the utility is marginal. Cant use them in torments or I guess if you do bartz shenanigans?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I got some help building with my Famfrit team on the discord but it's very inconsistent with 4 clears out of like 15-20 tries, and I don't know that I have much room for improvement with my resources but curious if anyone here had any input. My clears when they happen are 32-36 second range, basically his DPS is just a bit too much and if I misclick anything or I don't wipe his Protectga out before Lightning does her AOSB at the end etc. It's basically just very dicey, so looking for specific feedback if anyone has any.

This is what I'm running currently:
4uktdZO.png

Bcdq362.png

2s2kgoM.png

-Reks is dived w/LMR/BSB/USB and is lowkey the MVP here with his USB, and dived he actually does respectable damage with Stormspell Strike.
-Lightning is dived and fairly decked out for me, relevant here is her w-cast lightning LMR, USB and AOSB.
-King is dived w/his USB.
-Shantotto is here ONLY because she is my lightning chain, but she is total goddamn dead weight here otherwise and is my biggest issue weirdly. On top of her chain I do also have her SSB, BSB and Glint but none of those seem super relevant; her Glint boosts her Chain Thundaja from like 1700 to 2300 a hit. The reduced delay on her BSB commands would maybe let her get hits off a bit quicker but I'm capping so quick on the chain that's not relevant. Maybe her SSB entry would help a bit for the RES boost?
-Elarra is dived w/USB. I had to give her MM because people were dying before she could get her USB up otherwise (TGM etc).

Magicite-wise I'm running the two 5* + my GDM (Dullahan) + 2 Evraes. I could swap in my Hydra (Res Boon 15/Empower Lightning 15) or Garuda (Empower Lightning 15, Magic Boon 15x2 and Fast Act 8), but those are my only other really relevant magicites here; I have full 4* decks, Quetz/BK were my first 5* magicites done and farmed.

My big problem here is it's hard to slot in everything I need with this team composition (Shellga etc). My only other notable physical lightning options are:

-Edgar dived w/USB; potentially interesting because of his w-cast LM and the imperil chance chase?
-Laguna dived w/BSB; Imperil on entry and w-cast chance
-Queen w/BSB; I've never used this but potentially interesting with the 50% party crit chance buff?
-Prompto w/BSB and w-cast LMR. Not dived but could if it was relevant.
-TGC dived w/LMR and OSB; maybe spamming his OSB would work?

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do to make this any more consistent? I'm not worried about sub-30 or anything. I've tried zerging the boss down ignoring magic breakdown/dispel at the end etc and it winds up being kind of a wash either way. I do also have Aerith dived with her w-cast and USB2, so I'd lose the Regenga but maybe the Last Stand + LM2/w-cast would make up for it? I also tried a few runs where I dropped king for Edgar and went full yolo with Storm Offering + Tempest Snipe to stack imperil lightnings alongside his USB imperil chase and ultimately seemed like kind of a wash?

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm farming the rest of my Madeens and I'm just amazed at how OP Cid Raines bsb is, I'm consistently capping his instacast command 1. For tech that is so old to still be so good is crazy.