• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Haven't even attempted Titan. My wind team is struggling against Odin and I don't have clouds aasb to do 2 million damage in one move :(

Edit: Didn't realize that new dragoon ability came out. Getting that cut 10 seconds off my ff3 torment and will help in ff4 torment and 2 odins. Now that's what I call value 2019.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
That the regenga one?

Also pulled on 7. Got tifa awakening and new glint for her. Earth weak Odin is going down.

Yea. I might build a five star team around him for fun. See if I can survive with just his regenga for healing. 🤷‍♂️
Gonna try and cheese Titan with cloud. Have everything but his glint+\AASB so maybe I can pull something off

EDIT: apparently I do have his glint+. I do not remember getting this at all.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
930829.jpg

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Happy that I've got half the odins down. It's really made me go look at what I have for each element and I'll be able to focus my draws better now.

Lightning chain is in high demand, my only element lacking a gen2.

Holy. God please give me holy gear.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
j6rREEhl.png

back to content drought for the next few weeks bye

i somehow had 14 logins when everyone was rolling the first ticket and i have no idea how

edit: just occurred to me i hadn't posted here in ages lol

finished p much everything (odins/sub30 torments) about a month before Titan, literally just let stam rot half the time, forgot daily logins/daily mission mythril often too.

idk how whales who did all sub30s pre-AASB were meant to stay engaged for effectively 6 months before 6* Magicite dropped

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Falk must have some pretty un-Falk like pulls along the way to be able to sub-30 all the D???s (last I checked, you had maybe half done, while I was ahead; I've been stuck on XIV for the last month with no non-Lens way to improve, and needed Titan to push me over the edge) and 8 Odins (stuck on Lightning; Bartz/Rydia AASBs aren't cutting it for that fight due to no DPS in Phase 3) a whole month before Titan. That would have been before the recent realm refresh, too! You've been holding out on us, Falk!

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
only 6 of those (which is high tbh lol) had AASB first-sub30s. The rest was basically brute forcing powercreep, lenses and realm artifacts. Magicite deck optimization and Magia to a lesser extent.

Master and Thief in FF1 tricked out with BSBs and realm artifacts and 200 Magia can really lay down the hurt.

edit: I haven't cleared poison Odin fwiw

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Falk:

I was thinking more about the Odin clears, actually. And I wasn't counting BioOdin either. I guess you have a number of multi-element AASBs to work with?

re: Wind Elemental Proving Grounds

Managed to get 2,767,477 on my second try. Used the following:

Ignis BSSB/LMR
Cloud Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB/En-Wind LMR/DC-Wind LMR
Faris CSB/SSB/DC-LMR
Bartz AASB
Elarra USB1/USB2

On my first run, where I got 2,392,965, I used Bartz USB1 and then his AASB later. But with Ignis + Elarra, I was able to cap with Bartz early and even his chases could break cap, so I took doing more damage per turn than having more turns.

For the strength of the team, the total seems kinda low, but this sucker dampens a lot, so maybe that's why.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Did Lightning* and Holy without AASBs.

Somehow they were less painful than Fire with 1 AASB but I guess its half because other types of creep, half available videos and a small fraction of not getting tricked into thinking it was easier than it was cuz I had an AASB.

(*Sora doesnt count lmao)

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm finally done farming all my 5* magicites finally. Still need to level up some and get inheritance fodder to top them off. Gonna switch to torments to get more rubies before starting to work on the Odins

Slowly catching back up!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Falk:

I've managed Dark-weak with no AASB, but that's mainly because I had non to use. Put Dark God Cloud to good use there, backed up by Seifer chain + Radiant. It was 11 hours of hell though.

What was your lightning-weak one? I'm struggling with Bartz and Rydia AASBs - no en-lightning means their damage tanks in Phase 3, especially Rydia who becomes useless. Tried staggering AASBs but it hasn't worked out. And my other lightning DPS is either too hone intensive to last to the end (King USB/Shantotto USB), time restricted (Sora USB/AOSB), or laughable (Ashe Glint/BSSB).

re: Elemental Proving Grounds

Managed to get up to 3,148,446 by changing Bartz' RM to Gathering Storm (he was running Wind DMG+ before) and putting back him LMR1 (he was still running his LM1 for Titan). Tweaked a few more turn orders, went with RW Tactician's Tome, and managed to squeeze out 3,319,171. And that was with no real multi-casts from Bartz, so I could do better, but it would be too RNG for my tastes. I'm good with this.

Full team, for the record:

Ignis (LMR): Wrath, Entrust, Acestriker (BSSB)
Cloud (En-Wind/DC-Wind LMR): Raging Quadstrke, Scholar's Boon (Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB)
Faris (DC LMR+LM2): Storm Assault, Wrath, DMT (CSB/SSB)
Bartz (LM2+LMR1): SSS, Gathering Storm (AASB/AOSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): Crushing Tango, MM (USB1/USB2)

Rough turn order:

Ignis: BSSB, CMD2 Bartz, Wrath, Entrust Cloud, Entrust Elarra, whatever
Cloud: Glint+, AASB, Raging Quad, USB1, Raging Quad x2, AOSB
Faris: CSB, SSB, Syldra, Storm Assault, SSB1, Storm Assault if possible
Bartz: AASB, SSS spam, AOSB
Elarra: USB1 after Cloud Glint+, USB2, RW, Crushing Tango, USB1

Cloud doesn't get USB1 up until under 8 seconds left on the timer. But at least he's under HQC at all times. And at least for his last two RQs, Cloud gets to hit 45000x4 and then 56000x4 each.

On the 3.3 million run I managed to squeeze out both AOSBs with 1.00 left on the timer. Bartz capped, Cloud hit for 30,000x20+99999. Also snuck in one last Store Assault from Faris for 5500x4. Nice.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

It's very similar to this except swapping Prompto out for Garnet (have his chain, got USB from lensshop) so imperils weren't a problem and Lightning could use bars on OSB instead for ragebreaking

Let me tell you, not having even a radiant to help chip phase 3 when you have no AASBs makes p3 a nailbiter. The actual kill was basically managing to land the ASB right before P3 kicked in (so no boosted def, 300000 damage) and then blow up the rest before being ejected.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Falk:

Ah I see. I don't even have that level of DPS (no lightning AOSBs aside from Sora's, no lighting OSBs aside from TGC), so even with Rydia/Bartz AASBs I'm underpowered for the fight. I'd consider pairing Lightning with Bartz if I had her AOSB, but I don't.

re: MVP Letter summary:

- Golden Fest ticket draws are now Black Friday Ticket draws. Login every day 10 days starting November 26th to receive tickets (we should be getting one per day with two on the last day for a total of 11).
- 7 Dream Selects on November 29th: AASB, AOSB, USB, OSB, BSSB, Glint, LMR
- Earth Fat Black Chocobo on Dec 4th, same as Ramuh. This is the debut of Sync Soul Breaks, and auto-SB mastery.
- XI event on December 12th.

EDITL

Forgot to add: - XIV Fan Fest banner on December 11th! Debut of Y'Shtola/Yda AASBs!

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm realizing I'm dumb and Reks has a lightning radiant. I probably could have single-healed that with a more defensive magicite setup and had a much easier time w/ Odin blowing himself up in P3.

edit: Worst case you could maybe defer lightning odin till after getting Ramuh. Those things make everything so much easier dear lord

Having an instant 99999, which after gleipnir you can instantly resummon breaks the fight in some ways.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Bartz OSB in the daily. That may have been the last thing I was missing for him. Aside from a unique or two.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to reset your account? I haven't played in ages and would rather start fresh but it always logs into my Google play account and loads my old save.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Is there a way to reset your account? I haven't played in ages and would rather start fresh but it always logs into my Google play account and loads my old save.

I can't answer that question, but I would ask: Why do you want to start over? When was the last time you played? The early part of the game is actually rather constricting (you have to unlock stuff that used to be accessible from day 1 via completing Acolyte Archive missions), though you can catch up quickly. But depending on what relics you currently have, starting over might not be the wisest choice.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't answer that question, but I would ask: Why do you want to start over? When was the last time you played? The early part of the game is actually rather constricting (you have to unlock stuff that used to be accessible from day 1 via completing Acolyte Archive missions), though you can catch up quickly. But depending on what relics you currently have, starting over might not be the wisest choice.
I don't even know if what I have is good haha

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Goddammit.

I got a 6★ from the daily, first disco in 95 days... AND IT'S ANOTHER DUPE (Tifa AOSB). RAGE! Only 7 discos to date, more than half are dupes! WHY?

Currently on a 0 day streak with no disco, but 123 if you include no disco dupes.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to get working on Odin, and I have the tech that I should be able to do 5 if not all 8, but I really have no desire to grind out a battle right now.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Titan
swjvDDCl.png

Tyro USB3/4 + LMR1
Cloud AASB/AOSB/Glint/USB1 + En-Wind LMR
Faris SSB/CSB
Zidane AASB/AOSB/USB1/2 + w-cast LMR
Elarra USB1/2 + LMR1

After my first victory I got a good strategy going that worked pretty well and was able to get 3 more victories without too much hassle. Titan was pretty tough but luckily I have a solid wind team. There is no way that I can beat Ramuh right now though.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Dreams MAsked Man

D180: 5.63
D260: 16.87
D350: 25.02

LD Vivi USB2
LD Eiko BSSB
LD MArcus USB1
LD Freya USB2
LD Zidane USB2/DC-LMR

My first proper attempt at the D350, which took a couple tries to suss out since Dream Ow killed me again even with debuffs, got me a slow 32.06. I used Freya chain, but by the time i dropped it Baku already had 40% HP left, so it was largely useless. And Dream Ow kept killing dropping characters. One that initial winning run, Only FReya and Eiko survived after Dream Ow and Freya had to grind it out.

I didn't like that win, so on my next run I skipped chain and used Freya USB2 to pile on more debuffs. This allowed Zidane to survive Dream Ow, though Marcus and Vivi still got KOed. Zidane/Eiko/Freya were able to grind out the win in 25 seconds. I'll take it.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to pull since my IX tech isn't the greatest and need some more Eiko stuff

Ended up getting Eiko's and Freya's Glint+. I mean I guess I can't be disappointed in 2 new Discos but here we are.

Freya's slots in pretty nicely though.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I kind of feel guilty posting this after ShinUltima's post but... 6* daily (non dupe). Kuja bUSB.
Not really useful to me right now but it's always nice to get a freebie like this.
I won't complain, especially since my last two AASB were from the daily as well (DEcil and Wakka).

I'm now at 13 (3 6*) since August 30th
No SB 1
Unique 1
BSB 1
Glint 1
LMR 3
SB 3
USB 1
AASB 2

Edit: With percentages (type - count - percentage - jpn rate)
1* - 9 - 10.59% - 10.200%
2* - 20 - 23.53% - 20.200%
3* - 26 - 30.59% - 30.200%
4* - 17 - 20.00% - 25.200%
5* - 10 - 11.76% - 11.199%
6* - 3 - 3.53% - 2.999%

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I forget how strong Awakenings are.

Madeen was probably my least consistent 5*, I decided to work on that team, since Madeen is probably the only 5* I'll be fighting for a while. My team had Golbez with CSB/USB2, Raines with USB/BSB and Nabaat with USB. Nabaat was only there for imperils, but I recently got Seifer's Awakening, so he could replace her, since he can proc Touched by Darkness every turn with it.

Turns out Seifer outdamages Golbez/Raines by a lot, even though his mag is critically low. And Madeen is now an easy sub30 lol

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I forget how strong Awakenings are.

Madeen was probably my least consistent 5*, I decided to work on that team, since Madeen is probably the only 5* I'll be fighting for a while. My team had Golbez with CSB/USB2, Raines with USB/BSB and Nabaat with USB. Nabaat was only there for imperils, but I recently got Seifer's Awakening, so he could replace her, since he can proc Touched by Darkness every turn with it.

Turns out Seifer outdamages Golbez/Raines by a lot, even though his mag is critically low. And Madeen is now an easy sub30 lol

Darkness school is in really strange spot where the best magic damage comes from physical characters.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Vayne being able to DPS through both magical and physical immunity for XII is what got me sub30 lol

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I didn't need to do that for XII sub-30 (mostly did as much damage as possible with 4 mages before Magic Barrier, and used Vaan to finish up), but I really like using Vayne in FFRK for some reason. I just wish I had more of his stuff (SSB/OSB/LMR).

In general, I find that, given a choice, physical wind (Cloud and Friends) and magic dark are my favourite element/damage types to use in FFRK, though my magic dark is still limited to things like Raines BSSB/OSB and Kuja BSSB/OSB. Maybe some day it'll be actually modern.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Had a dream Dena intern accidentally gave us 80 realm draw tickets.

Why intern! Why didn't my dream come true

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Black Friday banner pool has been massively updated, including all BSSB+ relics up to 31st October! Fantastic news! That basically means only BSSB+ relics from Mog AASB onwards are not in the pool. Not sure how many AASBs are in, but it's a lot more than the 7 that JPN got (their cutoff was Eight/Cater event).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Black Friday banner pool has been massively updated, including all BSSB+ relics up to 31st October! Fantastic news! That basically means only BSSB+ relics from Mog AASB onwards are not in the pool. Not sure how many AASBs are in, but it's a lot more than the 7 that JPN got (their cutoff was Eight/Cater event).

Daddy needs a lightning chain! And wind tech because all wind weak content is tuned to op cloud which I lack the aosb :/ and awakening and ability double.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Pulled sephs awakening and heal USB for deuce.

That USB will help torment, sadly don't really need seph Awakening.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Does seph have a dark empowered infusion glint?

Wondering what kind of damage he could do as I have his aasb, aosb, usb2 already.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Core Dreams

D180: 5.56
D260: 10.08
D350: 23.69

Biggs (LM1+LM2): Grand CHarge, Quake Swing, Earth DMG+ (USB), double earth boost, 100 Magia in ATK
Tyro (LM2+LMR): Power Breakdown, Dispel, MM (USB3) 100 Magia in DEF/RES/HP
Dr. Mog (LM1+LM2): Chain Stoneja, Gathering Storm (CSB), one earth boost, 100 Magia in MAG
Elarra (LM1+LM2): Passion Salsa, Curada, DMT (USB1), 100 Magia in HP/DEF/RES/MND
Wedge (LM1+LM2): CHain Tornado, Scholar's Boon (no SB), double wind boost, 100 Magia in MAG

RW: Heal
Magicites: Titan (HP/Healing), Phoenix (Blade/Spell), Typhon (Empower Wind x2), MAdeen (ATK/MAG), MAdeen (Hp/Healing)

My first D350 attempt got 31.43, and I used Elarra AASB first before her USB1. Felt I could do better, so I tried a few more times and got a run with a lot of dualcast RNG from Dr. Mog and Wedge and got a sub-25. I was actually planning to build gauge and drop Tyro AOSB, but I won before that happened.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Rapha USB, machina OSB, Kain LMR dupe

Beat IX Dreams 350 today! No Eiko Last Stand so I brought Aerith and managed to sub 30!