• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even remember turn order myself but some general pointers (which may or may not work, etc etc)

Sorry this might be a little hard to read, it's my own notes really. edit: Also worth the disclaimer that there's probably way better ways to do this- this is basically an adaptation from no-SASB lol

Subsequent kill w SASB:

Tifa SASB, USB2, AASB, glint6 (Glint6 is probably unnecessary with SASB but I was too comfy using it)
- Earth Ironfist, Earthen Rebuke, Tyro Vuln RM
Bartz AASB, USB1, BSB
- Earth 6*, Lifesiphon, Sword RM
Elarra BSB, USB1, USB2, AASB
- Curada, Salsa, MM
Tyro USB3, USB4
- Wrath, Entrust, DMT
Galuf Chain, enearth USB1
- Imperil Heavy 6*, Heavy Charge, TGM

*IMPORTANT* Tyro at 400MND assuming 1 MND20 and Titan Stat Boon. Not sure on calcs w/ other deck setups but Tyro's paralyze essentially has to last through the enwipe check turn but no longer than that.

P1
Elarra USB1 off the bat
Godwall off the bat

earthen rebuke, lifesiphon, heavy earth imperil rotation. Tyro just wraths nonstop

10s- Bartz and Galuf get attach USBs up

12s (very importantly right after 12s) Elarra starts casting BSB so Last Stand applies right after a Primal Essence bring people to critical HP

Titan at 17s

20s Go Time
- Elarra USB1 (there's some attack or another which gives her just enough gauge)
- Galuf Chain,-
- Tifa Glint6 into USB1,
- Tyro USB4,
- Bartz USB

Tifa AASB right before p2 trigger. Very important that she pushes P2 and not either of the others- they should be sitting w/ full ATB ready to hit EnEarth again the moment p2 lights up

TIME LIMIT- before Diffusion->Staff which will wreck on next Thunderous Judgement

P2
Galuf re-Earth
Bartz re-Earth
Tyro Godwall reapplication, into entrust Elarra, into (I think) entrusting Bartz a little so he has 2 gauges going into P3

Paralyze should only hit Elarra (wears off instantly) and Tyro (lasts exactly past two turns so Enwipe doesn't trigger)

Tifa DPS until siao

Bartz DPSes with USB1/earth which is surprisingly good supplementary damage

Titan again before Stormlance to reduce Stormlance damage being multiplied by Rage stacks which roflstomps Elarra

Re-chain before P3 but after 50% Rage+2 pops
Bartz AASB before P3 but after 50% Rage+2 pops. Tifa chills a bit so it doesn't push too early

Once set up, either can push past P3, but pushing too early means Bartz has no gauge, or Galuf doesn't have enough time to get 2nd chain up

TIME LIMIT- before 2nd Paralyze- shit would be running out too severely by then

P3
If all goes well it should be going into P3 STILL with the LS from early on up, but in case it got eaten by a bad Stormlance or w/e it's worth reapplying BSB (I used AASB here for insurance but on the kills it was overkill since damage is really tame when Ramuh is at 0 rage)

Bartz re-Earth
Tifa SASB
Galuf just spams whatever 6* heavy charges left to eventually re-Earth

Tyro feeds Elarra gauge (Might be worth recasting USB4?)

nuke the shit out of him

P3 Thunderous (the one after antiheal) SHOULD only hit for ~6k if all goes well and he's at 0 Rage and Tifa had attach up, which makes a half-power medica enough to take the next hit, but otherwise LS is a good failsafe anyway.

I'm still undecided if Fabula Heal or Fabula Mage is better here. Fabula Heal is good for mulligans on bad AOEs, but Fabula Mage with a good understanding of the Rage mechanics and turn order goes into prevention-is-better-than-cure territory.

TPS0sRk.png

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I got a new phone and restarted playing at a good time.

Some of these magic pot rewards are insane.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Thanks Falk. I'll probably be tackling this this weekend, after Double Greens finishes.

Uh, so why USB2 -> AASB -> SASB ? Why not just SASB right off the bat, use that, then AASB late in the fight?

I might not have a choice due to lack of Glint+ anyway. A level of Stack might be "wasted" due to using LMR and then SASB, but eh.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said, this was basically just an adaptation of what I was doing prior (Tifa AASB to keep P2 Rage in check, Bartz AASB to bring P3 home) since Rage would wreck the party otherwise. I figured SASB would make P3 more stable since I was consistently getting to that point.

Also like I said there's probably far better ways to do things when you have a SASB :V

One thing that DOESN'T change, though, and the reason I went with what I did due to familiarity, is that if you only have 1 glint/enstack, you HAVE to take P1/P2 slow enough that you have enough gauge to get everyone attach up twice while also getting their actual DPS stuff up, which for e.g. Bartz is 6 full gauges at the very least. (BSB p2, BSB p3, then his AASB somewhere. Potentially USB1 prior for chip DPS, meaning 8 gauges)

edit: Worth mentioning I had some hilariously mediocre level of success prior with a

Tifa (USB2/Glint6/AASB/OSB)
Galuf (Chain, enearth USB)
Biggs (Glint/USB)

with Biggs getting to 3 stacks and then reapplying USB on every wipe, and then just spamming abilities which was 1 supplementary rage break a turn from his chase. Problem with that was just flat out running out of hones halfway through P3 since the output left something to be desired. Tifa AASB'd after running out of ability double hones which was halfway through P2, never quite brought it home.

Swapping from Biggs to Bartz upped the output damage but pays the multi-element price in juggling more gauge for a finickier attach game.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not even sure if the 10% damage/10% reduction buff starts off at 10% (since 15:15 only logically applies to the element buff/resistance) but it definitely felt easier in both cases of Titan and Ramuh to stick the lv50 into the magicite deck over the piece that contributed the least.

edit: Doubly so for Titan in main slot for subsequent Titan kills, which also meant a much lower stat contribution since his stats at 50 suck and the main counts 2x as much as sub magicite for stats.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also

Now we have Soul Breaks and Limit Breaks being different things.

Here's Vivi Limit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGLgWdk1HxI&feature=youtu.be&t=3234

4-hit piercing overflow damage (plus Zidane being used as a historia crystal (realm based magicite))

LBs use a limit bar, instead of the regular soul break gauge. limit gauge is shared by the whole party

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The realm specific (Historia) system seems kinda ehh.

Other then when you are forced to like torments which have already been power creeped to hell how often are you going to use a full realm team? The new phantasm dungeon will probably require it but its too internally specific

Unless of course its so much better than magicite that only 3 same realm boost is already better than a full magicite deck.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The realm specific (Historia) system seems kinda ehh.

Other then when you are forced to like torments which have already been power creeped to hell how often are you going to use a full realm team? The new phantasm dungeon will probably require it but its too internally specific

Unless of course its so much better than magicite that only 3 same realm boost is already better than a full magicite deck.
If what we know is accurate, the next torment level is beyond even 6* magicite difficulty

Maybe those phantasm dungeons are the next torments, actually

edit: also... looks at those passives

e8e32c71-26ba-3b8f-83bc-fd01a1d7508a.png

(you can only equip one, unlike the 1 main + 4 sub magicites)

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Couldn't make it to 6 months :(

168 days since last daily disco. Pulled snows arcane today.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, now my thoughts on those updates.

New Elarra RW being a chain and no enelement penalty reduced for 6* probably means episode magicite is over. Maybe a 6* version of Odin (we are still missing bahamut after all), but I doubt 7* magicites will be a thing

Being able to equip 10 SBs is.. something. Bartz/Cloud will benefit from this, but most characters only need 2 or 3 SBs to work optimally. I just hope the swipe UI is not clunky

And talking about clunky, the character menu having tabs instead to being separate screens is great. This game REALLY needs some improvements, the browser engine is terrible.

Being able to see the HP% of the boss during battle is a huge game changer, probably the second best QoL feature this game needed - just behind wait mode.

Historia Crystals.. I hope we don't need to farm them like magicites. They seem powerful for their purpose, but that aside, Magicites seems a better option. Their Ultra skill grants omni-elemental atk+ for the party, and the followup skill is omni imperil

And then, Limit Breaks.. Overflow Limit Breaks are basically better AOSBs, and since they are 7*, they can be honed. This system was not that useful for SASBs, but extra damage for a finisher is another story

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I forgot about greens shop preset and missed 4 stamina potions.

With auto mote and daily, I'm hoping realm is next. Thats basically auto magia points which would be the single greatest QOL improvement in the game.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
So, I'm finally going to try tackling Odin for real (I put an end to my FFDOO escapade of a few weeks :p) and I'm trying to think about how to improve my magicite decks.
So far here's what I gathered was needed for Odin:
- At least Double Empower Element
- 3xHP Boon for 10k+ HP
- At least one Blade/Spell Ward (maybe not even that, I've seen teams without any of them from various mastery threads I think)
- One or Two Dampen Element?
- Madeen with a combination of Atk/Mag Boon.
- Mind and/or Healing boon somewhere (either a Madeen or a Lakshmi)

So my plan was as such:
- Empower Element x 2 + HP Boon. I'm pretty convinced 3xEmpower is not needed (I think ShinUltima talked about this at some point)?
- Keep my Atk/Mag Boon Madeens
- GDM Famfrit with Blade/Spell Ward and HP Boon
- Either Lakshmi with MindBoon/HP Boon or Madeen with Healing/Mind Boon for healing power.

All of this seems pretty straightforward but I'm more wondering about the Dampener magicite.
I'm thinking that maybe one dampen might be enough, if that's the case then I want to put 2 HP Boon or 1 HP + 1 Ward depending on the dampener.

I realize that's a pretty long post for not much but I wanted to give some context :) Basically I have two questions:
- Is one dampen element enough?
- Is 1 Blade/Spell Ward enough as well (or even mandatory?)
Depending on that I can see how to improve my deck quite a bit!

Bonus points if anyone can tell me if it's going to be 6* magicite proof :)

Thanks for reading my wall of text ;)

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
There's a relatively low amount of power creep with the new update. Better same realm teams are pretty much it and LBs don't look like the game changer AASBs and SASBs were.

Instead they're nerfing what is currently the toughest content.
Torments aren't going to need full realm soon and Magicite 6 don't need enElement which were the strictest part of those two fights.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, I'm finally going to try tackling Odin for real (I put an end to my FFDOO escapade of a few weeks :p) and I'm trying to think about how to improve my magicite decks.
So far here's what I gathered was needed for Odin:
- At least Double Empower Element
- 3xHP Boon for 10k+ HP
- At least one Blade/Spell Ward (maybe not even that, I've seen teams without any of them from various mastery threads I think)
- One or Two Dampen Element?
- Madeen with a combination of Atk/Mag Boon.
- Mind and/or Healing boon somewhere (either a Madeen or a Lakshmi)

So my plan was as such:
- Empower Element x 2 + HP Boon. I'm pretty convinced 3xEmpower is not needed (I think ShinUltima talked about this at some point)?
- Keep my Atk/Mag Boon Madeens
- GDM Famfrit with Blade/Spell Ward and HP Boon
- Either Lakshmi with MindBoon/HP Boon or Madeen with Healing/Mind Boon for healing power.

All of this seems pretty straightforward but I'm more wondering about the Dampener magicite.
I'm thinking that maybe one dampen might be enough, if that's the case then I want to put 2 HP Boon or 1 HP + 1 Ward depending on the dampener.

I realize that's a pretty long post for not much but I wanted to give some context :) Basically I have two questions:
- Is one dampen element enough?
- Is 1 Blade/Spell Ward enough as well (or even mandatory?)
Depending on that I can see how to improve my deck quite a bit!

Bonus points if anyone can tell me if it's going to be 6* magicite proof :)

Thanks for reading my wall of text ;)
Well, my Odin decks are always close to:

- 3x empower element
- 2x dampen + something
- hp boon + bladespell ward
- madeen
- madeen

This worked well so far, I have 5 clears (fire-weak, ice-weak, wind-weak, water-weak and earth-weak).

2x dampen may not be necessary, but some of my clears have at least one moment when someone is a pixel from dying, so the extra dampen and wards actually saved that character.

I do recommend always having one blade/spell ward though. 8% mitigation to all damage is a lot.

Also, for 6*, this template does work, but given how hard they are, you may want to build specific magicites to use. For instance, against Titan you probably will be using a physical team, Typhon already has atk boon 20, so if you bring him, a 2x atk boon madeen is kind of a wasted passive slot, a madeen with just one atk boon + something else may be better

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't had time to tackle Titan yet, but gave it a real go yesterday - I was afraid he'd be hard hitting. Must be the remainders from the Odin fights, but he's surprisingly soft. Of course he gets super tanky in P3, but I think I'm on the verge of figuring it out. Wasted a couple turns on that earth wall though in P2.

Hoping to lay the smack down on Titan later today.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Just a quick question: I've recently changed my phone from a OnePlus 3 to a Xiomi 9T Pro, but I noticed that FFRK is much slower than before. What can be the reason of those slowdowns?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Random Painted HIghway: re: Titan

HP boon + Healing Boon is the safest combo to inherit.

Jux:

The 5* optimized decks still work for Odin:

- Triple Empower
- Dampen w/ HP Boon+Dampen
- General Blocker w/ HP/Blade/Spell Ward (Phoenix, Famfrit or Mateus)
- Offensive Madeen (ATKx2, MAGx2, etc)
- Defensive Madeen (HP+Healing)

You can also use Double Empower + HP Boon and use, say, a Madeen with Healing + MND Boon, as well.

re: Update

The new system is basically the magicite system redux, but realm-based instead of element-based. They could ride that out for the next 1.5 - 2 years.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I somehow deleted my laksmhi saved group and my madeen so will have to reform that party to farm a healing boon. Grr

Anyone kill titan mag weak?
Got to 30ish left before ran out of juice. I have a lot to work with I think
Terra wind aasb aosb wind enelement. No wind USB though
Alphinaud aasb usb1 csb enelement lmr
Fujin csb USB aosb osb
Barb USB bsb lmr
Ultimicia aasb USB
Emperor aasb bsb enwind

And a level 99 Titan

So....its really just a matter of rejiggeronn the team I think. Maybe forgoing Terra for barb's imperils.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just using the 6*s to replace my triple elemental offensive 5*s. Least headache that way. I'd rather juggle around the rest (esp Madeens) than level more 6*s than I have to.

edit@above:

Usm8l2A.png

Terra AASB/USB/Glint
Alph AASB/USB/Glint
Faris Chain/Imperil
Tyro Wall
Elarra AASB/USB1

outside of wrong-chain, it's not a whale-stacked team but it's got solutions for the 6* gimmick so it blew Titan up first attempt.

Glints really give a lot of margin of error for attach-related shenanigans.

Terra doesn't have problems stacking herself to some insane multipliers and summon generally have good multipliers too, so even without a Faithga maybe I dodged a bullet w/ thresholds Emperor/Ultimecia might run into.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my Terra is so stacked but for missing the wind glint. Maybe it will be on the next dream select if I can't crack this in the interim. If fujin or alph could imperil, or I had Faris, would also be great....

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Pleased as punch. Titan down in about 46s.

Skipped phase 2 via Cloud AOSB. Was only doing about 35k per hit, but figured I needed to boost crit damage after stacking debuffs from Faris, so I inherited Crit Damage plus onto one of my magicites in lieu of fast act 4. I don't have Tyro USB4, and didn't have room for Ignis so that was the key, as Cloud's AOSB went from 35k per hit to 58k-60k per hit, which automatically pushed Titan in p3, but just barely.

I wasn't 100% sure he was in phase 3 lol, so I ended up saving the Fabula Mage when I should have used it to drop his rage level, but things were going fast and furious so I wasn't paying attention to his moves...I was still shocked I made it to P3. Messed up a couple turns but made it out by the skin of my teeth just before Titan banished my party on turn 10.

Now in the process of leveling Titan to 50, and it looks like his passives make the fight easier?? Good enough for me!

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
An easy way to know if you're in P3 against 6* magicites is unmuting your phone. The music changes when you get into P3

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Re: XI Dreams

D180: 5:14
D260: 12:07
D350: 25.79

Ayame (LM1+LM2): Frost-Touched Blade, Freezing Moon, Gathering Storm (BSSB), double ice boost
Shantotto (LMR1+LM2): Lunatic Thunder, Chain Thundaja, Scholar's Boon (USB), double lightning boost
Lion (LM1+LM2): Storm Assault, Steal Power, Ace Striker (USB), double wind boost
Aphmau (LM1): Curada, Hastega, MM (USB1)
Curilla (LM1): Healig Smite, Shellga (USB1/BSSB)

RW: Wall
Magicites: Madeen (ATK/MAG), King Behemoth (Empower Lightning x2), Manticore (Empower ICe x2), Famfrit (HP+Dampen Fire), Madeen (HP+Healing)

Aside from spending a few tries to suss out turn order (forgot to manually use Curada so that Shantotto can Trance in a reasonable time), this went pretty smooth. That "Defense" gimmick is actually pretty strong, especially with no chain. My physical damage got nerfed pretty hard while it lasted, though it didn't matter much ultimately since Shantotto was tearing things up at 9999x12 per turn at that point.

HAstega on Aphmau was a waste. By the time he used his De-Haste attack, Aphmau had gauge to use USB1 again. I was caught off guard by it in the D260 where it turned what would have been a 8 or 9 second fight into a 12 second one, so I equipped it for D350 just in case, but it was unnecessary. Oh well. Protectga wasn't exactly missed either.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Devastation Ozma

I had already beaten Devastation Ozma in MP with a GFaqs team, but I wanted to solo it. It took considerably longer than I anticipated, but I got this done with a wind team. Devastation Ozma mastered solo, one medal lost for damage.

Elarra (LM1+LM2): CUrada, hastega, MM (BSSB/USB1/USB2/AASB)
Faris: (LM2+DC LMR): Storm Assault, Wrath, Acestriker (USB2/CSB), double wind boost
Alphinaud (LM1+LM2): Dark Valefor, Chain Tornado, Wind DMG+ RM (SSB/Glint), double wind boost
Cloud (DC LMR+En-Wind LMR): Raging Quad, Life Siphon, Swd DMG+ RM (Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB), double wind boost
Tyro (LMR+LM2): Wrath, Entrust. DMT (USB1)

RW: Alphinaud AASB

Odin accessories on everyone, though I wonder if HP wouldn't have been better.

Plan was simple: CLoud bursts Ozma down in Phase 1-3, Alph uses RW and takes out Phase 4 (my kingdom to have his AASB native), then everyone dogpiles to finish. But doing this was easier said than done.

First of all, that Phase 1 is no joke. I found myself having to use Elarra AASB and her BSSB to survive the onslaught. It took a while just to suss out the opening turns without losing characters (Defending on Tyro on his T2 was key). I was also caught off guard by the speed of this phase. I wasn't using HIt and Run, so ten turns to get out of each phase before Ozma starts spamming Devastation Doomsday is not a lot of time, compared to the Phase 1 of Torments or even 6* magicites. I was getting out of Phase 1 by turn 8-9 regularly, which is really damn close.

Second, despite my best efforts, the Dispel get fucking up my rhythm. I learned eventually to let Elarra use Hastega in Phase 2, but to use Tyro USb1 after that because T2 in the other phases was actually dangerous if Last Stand wasn't up.

Thanks to messed up Hastega refreshing, I couldn't skip the Devastation Curaga. Not that I had much firepower at that point anyway - on my winning run I had to refresh chain in that phase and Cloud AOSB hit for a mere 5000x20+93000, so Cloud and Alphinaud had to grind it out. Faris bit it, but not before refreshing chain and imperil, so it worked out.

I was originally going to try this with a water team of Yuffie/Rikku/Meia/Elarra/Tyro, but I wasn't sure if I would have enough firepower for the last phase. I also probably could have beaten this with an ice team, but eh. I wanted to win with wind, and I got it down, pain in the ass though it was. Spent waaaay too long on it (over 3 hours, and I started late in the night).

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 4 copies of Titan, but this Ullr Schwarz battle is giving me all kinds of problems. Trying to wrap it up before it expires tomorrow.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Kept putting off the UIlr Schwarz fight, but managed to beat it. I guess the key was bringing 3 core characters, which made the fight super easy.

All 3 Goblin fights down, used a mostly CM team except for Elarra as healer. Grinded out a win using BSBs and OSBs for my XI team like it was 2016 with no chain lol

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Devastation Ozma again

I decided to try my water team that I was originally going with (mostly - swapped Tyro for Aerith) and then realised that I could do something silly like use RW Cloud USb1 on Yuffie with AASB and Azure Unending. It was a near complete slaughter. Mastered with full medals this time, first try.

Elarra (LM1+LM2): CUrada, hastega, MM (USB1/USB2/AASB)
Rikku (LM1+LM2): Sapphire BUllet, Passion Salsa, Acestriker (CSB/BSSB), double water boost
Meia (LM1+LM2): Chain Waterja, Voltech, Water DMG+ (AASB/Glint), double water boost
Yuffie (LM2+LMR): Azure Unending, Water Veil, Thrown DMG+ (AASB/USB2), double water boost
Aerith (LM1+LM2): Ultra Cure, Hastega, DMT (USB2)

RW: Cloud USB1

The practice I had fighting this with a wind team no doubt helped, but even so, this team went waaaay more smoothly than the wind team. Double OP healer meant I didn't have to worry about dying. Gauge-wise, it takes far less gauge to get Yuffie going than Cloud, and as noted, Yuffie AASB+Cloud USB1 + Azure Unending is silly. She took out Phase 2/3 in one turn each, I saw only Apocalypse Doomsday, skipping Curse, so Ultra Cure on Aerith wasn't even needed. And with Water Veil she was doing 19999x2, quite respectable. Meia's damage never got particularly high even with L2 En-Water (probably should have used Glint twice before using AASB, but oh well), but she and Yuffie still got through physical weak phase quickly. And the radiant shield adding to chain count and damage is always nice.

I still couldn't skip Boundless Curaga, but it didn't matter. I had Yuffie USb2 on tap, plus another Cloud USb1 to use, so she tore up Phase 5 essentially solo before Ultimate Death. She was hitting for 13000x7 at the end there, plus 5000 8-hit chase. I could have finished things off with her AOSB but it was unnecessary.

File this under "This is why free RW is no longer allowed in top content". RW Cloud USb1 on modern relics and abilities is even more stupid than before. Awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Free ticket dud. Wedge glint and two dupes. G+ and the two aasbs continue to elude.

Parade this far has been better than usual
0 ace USB
Fft orran usb
13 fang aosb
12 Ashe usb2

The rest dupe USBs and a dupe aasb

Beefing up ace fang and Ashe may be useful.to me, have lots of relics for them already.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
First Odin down (fire weak). Won by the skin of my teeth. Having only one aosb makes the third phase kind of complicated...
I don't have any aosb an my other aasb wielders so I expect the other elements to not go down as "easily". We'll see!

Oct 25, 2017
Wow til that I have kriles realm chain not her fire chain. Never would have realized but for looking at the chain select. The only two I would be interested in are Edwards and stragos, but that can wait for a good long while. Really would prefer Faris or galuf to be featured, alas

Netted a lulu USB I was missing from realm parade. I really need an en water source for her for her aasb other than her enwater lmr.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised that there are any gen 2 chains that are selectable, too bad it's not the one I need.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Pulled Lotr for X for a chance at Tidus AOSB (however small it was :p ) and got Wakka Glint+ which seems pretty nice for water weak odin. Now I'm even more confused with how to do my water weak odin team...

For now I'm having troubles surviving the beginning of the fight with this team:
- Elarra USB / &USB2 or Aerith USB2 LMR (tried both without much success)
- Bartz USB2 / AASB
- Tidus USB / AASB
- Rikku CSB / USB1
- Wakka AASB (dived for imperil, did not have the Glint+ at the time)

RW: fabula mage because without any AOSB I need the burst damage at the end.

Problems I have with this team is:
- No godwall => so I need to rely on Rikku USB and I cannot use RW wall because I most likely need Fabula Mage.
- No early Imperil
- Lack of survavibility (one healer does not seem enough without godwall)

Alternative I was thinking about:
Replace Tidus or Bartz with Tyro:
Tyro USB3/4 => Starts with USB3 then USB4 for crit and Entrust bot. Hopefully the crit will offset losing a DPS with Wakka doing respectable damage.
I just fear that I won't have enough dps in a team without proper finisher move. Might even give some space for Rikku to use BSB for additional imperil (but might not be needed with Wakka Glint+ and LM).

What do you guys think?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Was thinking of tackling Ramuh, but realized I only have Bartz AASB, and Ignus chain. I'm less concerned about the chain than I am about enough DPS to handle the fight. Probably going to have to sit and wait until I get another earth AASB.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Dunno if it's universal across all 6*'s (it probably is), but you're going to spend a lot of meter refreshing Bartz EnEarth with his BSB due to all the EnElement dispels, and the damage reduction from non EnElement sources is too high.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Pulled Lotr for X for a chance at Tidus AOSB (however small it was :p ) and got Wakka Glint+ which seems pretty nice for water weak odin. Now I'm even more confused with how to do my water weak odin team...

For now I'm having troubles surviving the beginning of the fight with this team:
- Elarra USB / &USB2 or Aerith USB2 LMR (tried both without much success)
- Bartz USB2 / AASB
- Tidus USB / AASB
- Rikku CSB / USB1
- Wakka AASB (dived for imperil, did not have the Glint+ at the time)

RW: fabula mage because without any AOSB I need the burst damage at the end.

Problems I have with this team is:
- No godwall => so I need to rely on Rikku USB and I cannot use RW wall because I most likely need Fabula Mage.
- No early Imperil
- Lack of survavibility (one healer does not seem enough without godwall)

Alternative I was thinking about:
Replace Tidus or Bartz with Tyro:
Tyro USB3/4 => Starts with USB3 then USB4 for crit and Entrust bot. Hopefully the crit will offset losing a DPS with Wakka doing respectable damage.
I just fear that I won't have enough dps in a team without proper finisher move. Might even give some space for Rikku to use BSB for additional imperil (but might not be needed with Wakka Glint+ and LM).

What do you guys think?

I'm currently stuck in this fight and I tell you, even if you start USB3 into USB4, you're gonna have trouble in the beginning if you can't get those rages under control.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm currently stuck in this fight and I tell you, even if you start USB3 into USB4, you're gonna have trouble in the beginning if you can't get those rages under control.

That does not sound fun :)
With running 3 AASB I was expecting to fire Wakka's early to get some imperils and break rage but I'm not even sure that would do it without the chain anyway (and I'd still have trouble with healing I guess).
Gotta try more stuff! (or maybe try earth or ice weak first maybe? Not sure how hard they are...)

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
What some guy suggested to me was to fire off one Fabula Mage during the first enrage. Once those start rolling in, it becomes nuts. I'm thinking about it either dual healing it (Elarra + Aeris) OR just grabbing Tidus's OSB from the lens shop to keep those rages in check. I have his USB, AOSB and Glint so maybe it could work?