• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scitydreamer

Oct 29, 2017
Hello! I used to semi-lurk in the old thread back on NeoGAF and you know, with the new forum, I thought that I might as well have a fresh start and join in on things.

I've been wondering, would it be worth pulling on the Type-0 banner, if only for the sake of getting relics for that realm? I don't have any Type-0 stuff, but I'm not sure how much use I would get out of them.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, there's a lot of top tier relics that will power you through stuff even without synergy. I'd recommend it for a more common realm but not type 0.

In other news, got Zell USB from my dolla pull. it seems excellent but one of those situations where I am not sure how good it's going to be without a BSB to pair with it.

Oct 27, 2017
About goddamn time

jms6npiyusb7.png

In japan you can see mastered/completed levels without clicking the banner, this is great for players like me who check a banner several times to make sure I completed everything before the event ends lol.

Oct 29, 2017
That is some really excellent QOL.

The Type-0 banner is one of the better renewal banners, like XV, because everything on it is relatively new. There's not as many old obsolete SSBs. That said, synergy alone is not a great reason to pull. Pull if there's specific stuff that you want for a reason, like Deuce BSB for Magicite or something. Or if you just like the characters.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Got 64 RW summons night before last and 72 last night.

Combination of clearing out my followers again and I guess having one you don't see often up there (Lenna USB).

Oct 27, 2017
You want to pull?

https://imgur.com/a/OwkhY

"The garden of earthly delights - hell" 1510

Scroll all the way down. You see those people? they pulled on the bra bra banner, especially the guy playing the flute with his butt.

Do you really want that fate?

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone talk me out of pulling on Bra Bra.

Edward's SSB is the only useful one. Kefka's BSB1 is old and of limited use. OK BSB is on what seems like one banner a month including his USB banner which is an even better party buff banner than this. Edward and Mog can be awkward to slot into parties.

That's all I got.

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Ed's usb and it is awesome for mag parties.

Usb
Wrath
Allegro con motto
Wrath
Wrath
Ssb

= 8 turns of quick cast mag and the ssb stacks with usb for more mag boost, perfect for the last 5-10 seconds of a sub 30 magicite.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Definitely do. It was on GAF, back in Feb. I mainly lurked the thread. In any case, I sent a PM, as he appears to have registered here. Carry on, thanks!

Well lurk less, post more you closet FFRK'er.

Kiddings aside, I sometimes in the past have posted things for new people in case we have semi new players lurking. Most of us usual posters know each other, but I am curious how many lurkers we have.

I finally gave up my only other phone game after 18 months, but this one keeps going over 2 years now for me.

I hope this upcoming version of Lineage on Nov 15th is good.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
It's about that time again where I look at 6star that I have had for months but never use.

This time looking at Demonsblood and MugBloodlust. I know the latter seems popular but I usually use thief's revenge and depending on the situation and character, lifesiphon or a breakdown.

Also, Ultima doesn't impress me but as this game continues to evolve both our power and the enemy power, that someday my ultima may replace Meteor as Meteor replaced Ruinga for me.

Any thoughts folks?

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Ultima will be better after the ability changes (but only slightly, and so will Meteor).

Demonsblood is okay but underpowered for a 6*, especially now that there is another option for damage + retaliate.

Mug Bloodlust is decent at rank 1 and is mostly useful for the stat increase. It gets buffed pretty substantially with the ability changes.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Urmmmmm
For some reason in my item chest I just got a Lilith Rod (FFXIV) which is a burst soul break for Papalymo.

Out of nowhere lol
I didn't have any outstanding "choose a relic" choices or anything. How weird.

Not complaining though

Edit: oh i guess I did. There was a second choice on one of the banners? I had no idea

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, there's a lot of top tier relics that will power you through stuff even without synergy. I'd recommend it for a more common realm but not type 0.

In other news, got Zell USB from my dolla pull. it seems excellent but one of those situations where I am not sure how good it's going to be without a BSB to pair with it.

You don't need his BSB if you have another source of crit fixing. The commands are non-element so don't benefit from the usb en-fire. CMD2's primary benefit is that it's non-charge so you can machine gun them out. The upcoming FF3 event includes a monk ability that does 4 hits with with additional crit chance and is fire elemental, it'll be one of your highest damage options till Fires Within gets buffed to 4 hits.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Urmmmmm
For some reason in my item chest I just got a Lilith Rod (FFXIV) which is a burst soul break for Papalymo.

Out of nowhere lol
I didn't have any outstanding "choose a relic" choices or anything. How weird.

Not complaining though

Edit: oh i guess I did. There was a second choice on one of the banners? I had no idea

They gave a second selection for the Crystal Tower/Gem pulls during the 30th Anniversary event.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I saw that on Reddit today. Apparently they choose the same random relics for everyone who didn't do their second selections in the selection draws-- Yuna BSB2 and Papalymo BSB. Pretty decent choices.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
When does Rapha USB come around again? It must have came out while I was MIA for 6 weeks. The things I would do to get her USB. I already have her BSB so enLightning would be amazing. She would most likely surpass Ashe easily as my main Lightning person.

Soldier, this is a real late response but have you hit magacite yet? I, not intentionally, had a melee A Team and my top two, Vaan and Firion took a huge hit when magacite came out. Suddenly I had to depend on Ashe, Edea, Vivi, and Alphi for their respective magic enElement BSBs. Tifa and Tidus around for the others but magic much better versus Golem (shield) and Fenrir (blink) than physical.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Sealion sub-30. Run is pretty razor-thin in timing, though. It'll get easier with the ability change and/or if I can get a better fire dps than Balthier.

When does Rapha USB come around again? It must have came out while I was MIA for 6 weeks. The things I would do to get her USB. I already have her BSB so enLightning would be amazing. She would most likely surpass Ashe easily as my main Lightning person.

Marche event banner 2. Four weeks-ish, most likely.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good party instant/quick cast banners coming up. I feel that the last part of the equation before I can start consistently 30 second magcites.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Finally got Sealion sub-30. Run is pretty razor-thin in timing, though. It'll get easier with the ability change and/or if I can get a better fire dps than Balthier.

Marche event banner 2. Four weeks-ish, most likely.

A month, well maybe I should save, I do have two Dungeon Updates worth of mythril waiting for me. Thanks quick answer.

Are you thinking I should be able to score a sub 30 with my Vivi BSB? I usually do 30k turns per Meltdown after his opening and Enfire. Currently have sea lion as :54, haven't tried in a week or so. I don't usually open wirh his BSB though, so I could change that.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Soldier, this is a real late response but have you hit magacite yet? I, not intentionally, had a melee A Team and my top two, Vaan and Firion took a huge hit when magacite came out. Suddenly I had to depend on Ashe, Edea, Vivi, and Alphi for their respective magic enElement BSBs. Tifa and Tidus around for the others but magic much better versus Golem (shield) and Fenrir (blink) than physical.

Unfortunately not. I'd love to but my party is nowhere near strong enough.

That's maybe the thing that irks me the most about this game. It's easy enough to jump 50 levels, or even up to level 80.

But at a certain point it becomes much more difficult to hit those levels that make you strong enough for 120+ challenges. There just doesn't seem to be enough mid-tier dungeons to level your guys up within that range, so you just need to gobble a billion eggs per person.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017

That's maybe the thing that irks me the most about this game. It's easy enough to jump 50 levels, or even up to level 80.

But at a certain point it becomes much more difficult to hit those levels that make you strong enough for 120+ challenges. There just doesn't seem to be enough mid-tier dungeons to level your guys up within that range, so you just need to gobble a billion eggs per person.
You don't use mid-tier dungeons to level, you use exp dungeons. Tuesday and Sunday. There's even exp dungeons in some of the Renewal events that you can use every day of the week while they're open.

Also, the difference between level 80 and 99 isn't that big. I have cleared top end content with level 80 characters. Gear and Soul Breaks are what matter.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle

Ok then ya you don't need to worry about a magic team or a melee team or both too too much at this point. To piggyback off Xeth a bit, if leveling up sucks for you, only do it on Tues/Sun. Also get Luneth MC3 for Moderate chance at double exp RM when you can.

If leveling up is not the issue, but power is... yes. For me I had already been playing for about a year when I decided to utilize my first OT thread (at our last place). It was through there that the transformation of defeating 120, 140, and maybe 160 content became reality.

I then cleared all Torments, Mote dungeons, Nightmares, and was able to do 180 and 220 fights every event.

For me, I had never read what everyone else was doing so it was night and day difference for me. I quit placing so much emphasis on synergy and a lot more on top tier relics, buffs/debuffs, and the necessity of Wall. I also tried out exit-and-reload for the first time after Torments broke me of just seeing it through based on the hand I was dealt.

Fortunately, by luck not money, I pulled Relm last stand BSB and Alphi radiant shield at about the same time which were overnight changes for me.

So now everything is not a matter of if, but instead when. Unfortunately after being right about where our regulars were on magicite, I fell behind so now I am playing catch-up again with Holy and Dark magicites still awaiting my attention.

Hope something out of that blurb gave you an idea or something that helps you get over that 'mid tier hump'.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I would so pull the Edward/mog one if a lot of the instacast wasn't restricted by being offensive magic.

The only one that would work for me is mog USB.

Maybe chase Noctis SSB on the FF15 renewal banner? It's not coming back for the foreseeable future.

Also, the difference between level 80 and 99 isn't that big. I have cleared top end content with level 80 characters. Gear and Soul Breaks are what matter.

This is true. Level 99 is nice for breathing room, but with the right relics there's nothing a team of 80s can't do. Level isn't what makes the difference.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
With the FF X torment dungeon all I'm doing is farming Major Dark Orbs. At least it's easy.
FF VIII event was boring. Adel was way too easy. MP was also pretty easy although we barely had any damage and one turn was like 10 seconds because of the lag or connection. God this was horrible. Never knew how much time has passed because of this and I had to bring wall.

Tonight we have FF III. Not worth pulling on it. Especially since I expect a chain fest in December. Refia's USB will return on the OK USB banner.
After that we have a VII event with Shelke's Legend Dive, This will be interesting because she's the best EntrustBot we will have! Should help for some sub 30 clears. After that IV and then the hype begins. X, TA, IX and XII!

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me why Shelke is so good for Magicites? Does she possess some sort of unique skillset that can't be replicated by Ramza/OK/Tyro?

Now that we have the new magicite monthly quests, i'll be spending time grinding those out.

On a semi-unrelated note, has anyone given Final Fantasy Dimensions II a whirl? I really liked the 1st one.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Can someone explain to me why Shelke is so good for Magicites? Does she possess some sort of unique skillset that can't be replicated by Ramza/OK/Tyro?

Now that we have the new magicite monthly quests, i'll be spending time grinding those out.

On a semi-unrelated note, has anyone given Final Fantasy Dimensions II a whirl? I really liked the 1st one.

Didn't know they made a sequel. Post back here later if nobody answers but you personally find it to be good.

Iscariot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

She has a legend dive that fits into the Celerity school more than support. So she gets the haste, 3x insta final LD mote that Lightning and Noctis have. It allows you to do shenanigans with your entrust bot that you can't replicate with Ramza or Tyro. I'm not sure if she's good outside of the time attack meta.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
She has a legend dive that fits into the Celerity school more than support. So she gets the haste, 3x insta final LD mote that Lightning and Noctis have. It allows you to do shenanigans with your entrust bot that you can't replicate with Ramza or Tyro. I'm not sure if she's good outside of the time attack meta.

Ah that makes sense. I've got her sitting in the party pool neglected at a low level - but she still doesn't have LD yet so that makes sense as to why I didn't give her any party time, don't have any relics either, but her build makes more sense now. Thanks.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did an 11 pull on the FF15 banner and got 5 relics:
2 x Airstep Sword SSB for Noctis
1 x Two-Handed Sword SSB for Gladio
1 x Kite Shield Legend Materia (moderate passive Draw Fire) for Gladio
1 x Power Wristband Legend Materia (small chance to double cast white magic) for Iris.
I already had Iris and Noctis BSB's.

My question is about Iris's legend materia. The chance to double cast white magic sounds kinda pointless honestly unless the game is smart enough to not target the same ally twice.
Would it double cast Curaja on the same ally? or would it cast it on one ally and then target the next most damaged ally?

It's really the deal breaker on whether this is actually useful or not. If it targets the same one it's pretty useless, if it doesn't then it's really cool.

Gladio's legend materia is simply cool as balls. He is so my new tank. His SSB gives all allies Last Stand too

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Did an 11 pull on the FF15 banner and got 5 relics:
2 x Airstep Sword SSB for Noctis
1 x Two-Handed Sword SSB for Gladio
1 x Kite Shield Legend Materia (moderate passive Draw Fire) for Gladio
1 x Power Wristband Legend Materia (small chance to double cast white magic) for Iris.
I already had Iris and Noctis BSB's.

My question is about Iris's legend materia. The chance to double cast white magic sounds kinda pointless honestly unless the game is smart enough to not target the same ally twice.
Would it double cast Curaja on the same ally? or would it cast it on one ally and then target the next most damaged ally?

It's really the deal breaker on whether this is actually useful or not. If it targets the same one it's pretty useless, if it doesn't then it's really cool

If i'm not mistaken, it will work like all the other double proc materias - so it will target the user with the lowest HP.

Oct 25, 2017

I've been playing dimensions 2. It is obviously a converted gatcha game, no exploration mission based. Nothing St all like the first one. I enjoy it as a time sink. You can auto through 95% of the game it seems.

The menu system is a bit annoying and the translation needs sever work. Aero and thunder are both wind spells and effective against machines. Blizzard is a water attack. Banish seems to be dia. It is confusing to figure out weaknesses due to the terminology.

There are interesting buff and debuffs mechanics here but some are literally one turn of buff which seems so irrelevant. And again, so few battles need human interaction that it is tricky to get down.

Graphically it's ok. Some embarrassing female characters per usual in these things.

15 is too much for this imho, it isn't nearly as complex as the other ffs on iOS or Android

Your inventory is under options, which is really strange.

So it's ok. Basically a button masher.

Really interested to see what ffrk looks like when it's converted in a year or two