• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I was just going to ask the same question. I've heard of it happening on Reddit, but I've been playing since launch and haven't had it happen for me.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm technically a day 1 player (played since release for a few days, dropped it for a few months then came back) but I've never gotten a 5* from the daily pull...

... I've gotten a few 4* though.

Which had a lower pull rate than the 5*s.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I pulled a four back in the day as well when it was lower. Never a five. Pulled a three today. No luck there, over what a thousand pulls at this point? At least we didn't get the jp upfpgrade of the opportunity to pull three times per day,

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
I've gotten 2 5* from the daily free draw, but that was a long time ago before the nerfed the hell out of the 5* rate on that draw.

Negator

Oct 25, 2017
I think about 4 months into playing I stopped doing the free draw because it's a waste of time lol

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I've gotten (guessing) probably about 20 3star.

Probably 5 or 6 4star.

Never gotten a 5star.

I think Falk posted something once about it? Maybe it was a 4star, but I think he got a 5star.

Ya, someone on Reddit, posted about getting an Overstrike 6star.

Edit: I use to tell new people on here to continue doing their free pull. Ya, I've even hit the point where I said forget it. I do it if I think about it, I mean pressing screens on buttons is hard and I can't be bothered. Jokes aside, I don't care anymore like a "thing I have to do today" -- it'd be nice if it was maybe always 3 star or something (even though I don't need that) but would be great for new people.

That's right up there with my whole whine about getting new items in events and in pulls. <shrug> no money in that so ya.

Edit2:

I have many many sources of MAG buffs and Quickcast, including Edward's SSB2, all of the Sheepsong variants (Krile/Braska/Potato) and others, but nothing as good as Edward/OK's USBs.

I usually bring Allegro to most content anyway, so Quickcast is not a worry.

Then don't sweat that OK pull. (Who said you were sweatin' it?)

I've switched in OK where I had Edward. But only because of OK's skillset, not because of the soul break. Put that damn caster USB out of your head man, it's nothing.

I know you got it, just giving you that vote of whatever.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Goodness, I knew I spammed the board. I've made jokes about it, but when they made that top posters thing, I was like wow.

Anyway. This is my daily message board now. When I'm playing a console game, I sometimes google gfaqs for certain spots. As for the main board. I read the first page once ina while, but my wish list of games to play whenever I find time is so long that I don't really read it.

This is my 'daily' message board these days. Thank you folks for putting up with my msg board spam!

My son, 13yo, asked me the other day "Dad, you had any time to game?" and I said "Well Trenton, when I'm not working on my college work, I game all the time. I still play FFRK" -- he was like "Dad, that doesn't count" lol.

Last edited:

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hum. This game is still going strong it seems.

I stopped when Ultra were being added to the game (I think I have Vanille's - first? - Ultra). What did I miss, other than the Magicites and Rain's meta (which may or may not still be valid ; that relic eluded me too many times, I don't even want to think about how much Mythril I lost on that one)?

Oct 27, 2017
Mist dragon down, all magicites mastered. Reta meta/Cloud USB in 36 seconds and I'm glad I didn't have to dive Raines, but I wasted some orbs on Dark abilities... Oh well.

Time to sub30 liquid flame.

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem yuffie usb.
4/11 2x Rydia bsb, 1 rydia lmr, 1 Bartz lmr

All new, super pleased. Was going to choose Bartz lmr from that gem pull down the road, so have new options. And Iv is my favorite and now I can use rydia!

Yuffie usb sounds a bit weak, no?

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
100 gems trash
2/11, Tidus bsb2 and Edge LMR

Both new, but neither are exciting. Have Tidus Chain and bsb1 already, but not LMR or Ultra, which means i'll be using Chain into bsb1 for enWater still, will never use bsb2 outside of Jump Starts. For Edge i only have his enWater bsb so his LMR is not exciting, especially since i LD Yuffie as my Water ninja since she used Wis motes instead of Dex.

Now i have 3 dupes on this banner so not gonna pull again, will wait for 3rd anniversary.

Edit, goddamnit i just noticed somebody posted a guide to upcoming Element boost gear which showed that +Water stuff is really rare, now i'm tempted to draw from this Water banner again. Already mastered the gear i just drew, if i draw more Edge/Tidus stuff that would mean i just wasted 80 stam, ugh

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
100 gems trash
2/11, Tidus bsb2 and Edge LMR

Both new, but neither are exciting. Have Tidus Chain and bsb1 already, but not LMR or Ultra, which means i'll be using Chain into bsb1 for enWater still, will never use bsb2 outside of Jump Starts. For Edge i only have his enWater bsb so his LMR is not exciting, especially since i LD Yuffie as my Water ninja since she used Wis motes instead of Dex.

Now i have 3 dupes on this banner so not gonna pull again, will wait for 3rd anniversary.

Edit, goddamnit i just noticed somebody posted a guide to upcoming Element boost gear which showed that +Water stuff is really rare, now i'm tempted to draw from this Water banner again. Already mastered the gear i just drew, if i draw more Edge/Tidus stuff that would mean i just wasted 80 stam, ugh

yeah, that is a great guide.

I have edge's bsb and lmr so I dove him. He gets tons of free mirror images with that lmr, often I can jump from one usage of reflecting pool to raging waters. But like you said, legend motes are at a premium and two water ninjas are a bit extravagent. His ld combined with the Tidus chain makes for short work of liquid flame, that's for sure.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Decided to do one more 11 draw...

FqWq7fI.png

3/11, Rydia bsb, Tidus Ultra!, and Yuffie Ultra1, all new!

Finally got a strong damage Ultra with Tidus Ultra, so glad i drew again!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I have Tidus with USB/Chain/BSB2

OK and Faris are batteries, they entrust their bars to Tidus first turn, then it's all Chain > USB > Sapphire shots > BSB2 > BSB2 and Bartz with his USB and water spellblade.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
My Tidus is only half Super: I have USB/OSB, missing BSSB2/LMR. Can still sub-30 Liquid Flame no problem, but it's still longer than I would prefer (26~28 seconds).

It doesn't help that I don't have a strong secondary water DPS. Currently using LD Bartz with Water Quadstrike (no USB, or any relevant relics), but in the future I'll probably dive a ninja (Edge most likely - don't have any of his offensive SBs, but I have Eblan Doppelganger, which still gets used to this day in JPN) and run water ninja abilities. Perhaps after the latter have been buffed.

I'm a day 4 player, and I've never drawn anything above a 4* relic. And those were extremely rare.

I maintain that Yuffie's USB is a good stat stick, but the SB is junk. A glorified SSB. CM-use only, or maybe something you cast in-between ninja ability spam if you're using her anyway, but nothing to actively use in a serious fight.

Pharum re: dupes

The Tidus LMR is a rare water-boosting relic though! Hold on to that and don't combine it (if you haven't already)! It could come in handy later!

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm not combining any element boosting stuff. I just combined all of Edge's katanas and I'm trying to decide if I want to throw a dark matter at it.

Josh Fichter

Dec 11, 2017
St. Louis
Quick question for everyone. I just want to make sure my understanding on this is correct. My understanding is that stat buffs only stack if they are different strengths, EG if I have two abilities that raise Magic a moderate amount, they will overwrite each other, not stack. You have to use two abilities with different strengths. Is this correct? Or am I completely wrong?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Buffs stack if they don't buff the same stat the SB explicitly say in the description.

E.g

MAG only buffs (e.g Faith ability) stack with:
MAG + ATK (e.g Onion Knights BSB)
MAG + DEF (e.g Garnets SSB)
MAG + ATK + RES
MAG + ATK + DEF + MND

And so on.

Using the same group of buffs (E. G. Faith raises MAG only, so does the Krile's SSB "Sheepsong") will just overwrite the previous buff of that group with the new buff amount + duration.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Gotcha. OK, I completely misunderstood then. I thought it was like breaks, where they only stack if they are different strengths.

Breaks actually work exactly the same.

Using Power Break after Power Breakdown will replace Power Breakdowns effect with Power Break as both only lower ATK.

Using Power Breakdown (-50% ATK) with Full Break (-25% ATK/MAG/DEF/RES) will stack because the group of stats each ability does is different.

Josh Fichter

Dec 11, 2017
St. Louis
Breaks actually work exactly the same.

Using Power Break after Power Breakdown will replace Power Breakdowns effect with Power Break as both only lower ATK.

Using Power Breakdown (-50% ATK) with Full Break (-25% ATK/MAG/DEF/RES) will stack because the group of stats each ability does is different.

Gotcha, I was doing it right then for the wrong reasons *laughs*

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Updating the Spreadsheet.

The d220 was terribly easy and the Jumpstart was even easier.

Had to do the raids twice because medals. First time I didn't notice. Second time I should have changed my skillset for a multibreak or something.

Nothing for 100gem. Back up to 25 mythril thanks to the 10 free we got today.

Edit: Spreadsheet updated

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
have any of you ever pulled a relic from the daily free pull ?
Not that i am hoping for it but just curious if it ever happened :p

I'm a day 1 player and have yet to see any rainbows from the daily pull. Pulled it daily (we even used to get a pull 'refresh' when an event started so you could get a 2nd pull that day) so I've given up. I have gotten some 4*s but that's about it.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
So far I can only get Golem down to 10-15% life at 30 seconds. My best clear is 34.

Does anybody sub 30 Golem with a Melee team?
I do it with a Mage team, and it's extremely tight (usually finish at 29.xx).

I've seen posts on reddit of people doing it with a Melee team, but i'm pretty sure they all had Zack's Wind Chain. Do you have that?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I do, and Luneth BSB and OSB.

But my attempt didn't come as close as my Alphi and Fujin attempts. Even with dispelling Protect immediately.

If I don't beat him by 20seconds, its just about game over for the melee team.

I'm mixing things around now and trying to be OK in for ninja magic. I was one Burst Cmd away, twice now.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Let me keep swapping things around.

This last attempt, the final blow would have landed at 30:xx before I quickly fled.

Fujin at 41 RS, if she were complete, I'd have it already.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Arright, time to jump in again... I don't even remember what were my SB/SSB/BSB/Ultra... Starting at 1 Mythril hurts. (Ooooh, beginner dungeons! And new mythril for crafting stuff! Free Mythril! Yeeeeeaaaaaah!)

I guess it is safe/interesting to pull the half price banner for XI, FFT and X? What even are the rates now?

Also, wow at Meteor's new animation. That's an upgrade alright... Wait. Normal attacks are faster (they could have speed up the orb popping/gathering). Since when does Ifrit has 6 charges at rank 5? Wut? WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Arright, time to jump in again... I don't even remember what were my SB/SSB/BSB/Ultra... Starting at 1 Mythril hurts. (Ooooh, beginner dungeons! And new mythril for crafting stuff! Free Mythril! Yeeeeeaaaaaah!)

I guess it is safe/interesting to pull the half price banner for XI, FFT and X? What even are the rates now?

Also, wow at Meteor's new animation. That's an upgrade alright... Wait. Normal attacks are faster (they could have speed up the orb popping/gathering). Since when does Ifrit has 6 charges at rank 5? Wut? WHAT YEAR IS IT!?

They recently did a major buff to a ton of 5 and 6 star abilities. All summons gained an extra hone. Many abilities/spells hit for more/double the amount they did before.

Many spells and abilities have also been sped up Thief's Revenge is one such.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, Golem is down. This one was a bit harder since he's tanky and my wind team is melee, but I got it done in 50 seconds.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Finally got Golem. All Magicite Sub 30, woot woot!

Using Radiant Shield and Enkidu, and not using Fenrir and Protect (for the radiant shield) made the difference. In fact, I beat him at 29:91 and he killed himself from a Savage Earth Shaker.

Am4QJaZl.png

Now I just need a few more Antlions, and 1 more Enkidu and I'll be fully ready for 4star magicite.

Pharun, congrats on your golem win, I'll update you.

Edit: All Updated --> FFRK Rankings

Last edited:

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Meh. My pull gave me Tidus' SSB, Khimari's SSB and Ovelia's SSB Caduceus (which is my 4th by the way). I wonder if this is my cue for uninstalling again. *shrugs*

I don't even know who to use as my healer. I think I have Relm, Rosa and Ovelia's BSB. Completely forgot about the rest. (Oh, got Aerith too... lol).

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I'd say stick with Relm.
I figured as much.

Current team is Beatrix (BSB), Delita (BSB), Onion Knight (BSB), Tyro (SG) and Relm (BSB and SSB Lakshmi). It is decent, but clearly far behind what everyone has now.
As for my Overstrikes, I have Cloud's, Terra's and Gilgamesh's.
For my other BSBs, I have (all BSB mentioned are the first one available for each of them, I don't know what was released in the meanwhile) Shadow's, Squall's first BSB (...), Thancred's, Beatrix, D. Cecil, Sephiroth and Kuja.
And that's pretty much it. I have no legendary materia, no Magicite, and I haven't completed the nightmare dungeon yet (got Ultima, Compression, Ressurection). I may have completed a few paintings here and there, but never completed the final challenges. EDIT: Heh. Actually all final challenges are available, except for the last two.

I have to say, being able to view all the boss' weaknesses beforehand is one massive improvement.

Last edited: