• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Balphon: re: Mateus ice imperil

Ah. I was not aware of that. Thanks.

I wrote this on Gamefaqs about the XIV banner 1:

ShinUltima posted...

Black Friday is not worth it, so I did a pull on XIV banner 1.

1/11 - Minfillia LMR

Please. Someone help. My account has been cursed. :(

It's ok man you're going to get every Awakening from 4th anniversary fest.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The gem shop stuff seems kinda eh? You can't buy Crystals, and I don't have it open in front of me right now but I think all of the Major orbs were 10 gems a pop? It doesn't seem awful, but even as someone who is probably behind a lot of folks here in terms of hones and grinding that doesn't seem like a must buy kinda thing even for me, and I've still got still not at r5 and/or duplicate copies I could use.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I did have a spare 40 gems so grabbed holy majors to get saber to r4

Getting close to try tiamat again. Wanting to dive one more peep before I do so. Betting I can topple that dragon today.

Also, did someone say magic is no good vs midgarsorm? Sp?

Oct 30, 2017
Black Friday draw, 4/11:

Minwu USB1 (Good pickup. He is already full dive, LMR2, SSB, BSB1, and USB2)
Setzer LMR
Auron LMR (dupe)
Auron LMR (double dupe... something I can reforge, at least)

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
What's the odds of duping like that on a banner that has a million things on it lol.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna pull on Black Friday but decided it wasn't worth and did one on XIV.

2/11

Alphi Glint
Minfilla Glint

Minfilla might help me in torment and Alphi should do respectable damage with his BSB and glint in magicite.

The only target I have a pull slotted for is banner 3 of this coming fest for OK stuff. After that it's horde til 4A.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Also, did someone say magic is no good vs midgarsorm? Sp?

Doubtful. There's no reason not to use magic against Midgardsomr. The fight doesn't punish you for magic like, say, Golem punished you for using physical.

It's just that most users have much stronger wind physical than wind magic so physical is more recommended. But you roll with what you have.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
No, no one said magic wasn't any good vs Earth snake.

Today I tried Phoenix for the first time since my clear. I was reminded of the pain and also the fact that I haven't figured out how to slot Rikku chain. My clear is with Tidus chain and that was because of the Rikku problem to begin with. Also tried taking out Aria USB, oh no sir — that will be staying. Anyway, enough for today.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Ok good. Did second 11 pull on 14. I've cleaned it out of shit items, yes! Feel free to pull guys, should be nothing but Ultras and chains left.

2/11 thancred burst and papsmear lmr.

If I can get something good for pap I'd be in a good spot. Have lmr and glint.

Went ahead and created 6* fire monk ability in hopes of sub 30. It actually made my time worse. Great.

nfPgFh5.jpg

Noooooo

Will be my first 4* sub 30

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Unexpectedly off today so think I'm going to sit down and either try to get back to working on 4* magicites and/or do the lower levels of the new torments to get new abilities (which I'm assuming is the smarter play since that should help with Magicites).

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm gonna try going back to 4* magicites first before the new torment stuff just because my OCD really wants 4* magicite decks going into the new torments even if that doesn't make sense (I'll backtrack on this if I need to obviously). When I stopped a few months ago I was following this guide. I've got all of the relevant 3* magicites all at 99 I believe, and I've got all of the Fire and Ice 4*'s either at 99 or very close. I haven't messed with inheritance at all yet, I've got extra fire/ice 4*'s farmed for planning following that guide, but even at the time people had different opinions on the different magicite planning guides and I'm sure 5*'s since coming out has changed stuff as well.

Tiamat was where I got stuck at before so that's what I'm going to specifically ask for help here first though. Outside of the magicites mentioned above these are my potentially not garbage Ice options; keep in mind I've never used or recently got some of these so some of these I'm throwing in here because I have no idea if they're actually worthwhile here or not:

-Palom w/BSB
-Celes (dived) w/BSB2 and USB
-Edea w/BSB and LMR
-Laguna (dived) w/USB1
-Rinoa w/Chain and AOSB
-Squall (dived) w/BSB2, USB1 and USB2
-Vivi w/BSB2
-Noel w/BSB2
-Serah w/USB1

I just grabbed Elarra's USB from the select and she's dived, but I also have Rosa's USB (mblink) if that winds up being more useful here, I haven't experienced Elarra's Regenga first hand yet so not sure if that + the quickcast makes it more useful than the mblink or not. My best boostegas are Ramza (dived) w/BSB2 for ATK, OK (dived) w/mUSB for MAG, or OK's BSB for mixed. Based on what I'm seeing on reddit you don't want to a single stat boost due to it potentially getting overwritten, so I'm thinking I maybe run something like OK (BSB), Rinoa, Squall, Laguna and Elarra/Rosa? I've only got one SSS so I figure running Laguna instead of Celes avoids running overlap issues.

I'm gonna go ahead and start trying to make runs on this but I'm open to any help on here or discord! Would love to catch up and start making progress again.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Grinding out gizamaluke for that dampen fire. Need that 15% if I have 2 99 giz.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm gonna try going back to 4* magicites first before the new torment stuff just because my OCD really wants 4* magicite decks going into the new torments even if that doesn't make sense (I'll backtrack on this if I need to obviously). When I stopped a few months ago I was following this guide. I've got all of the relevant 3* magicites all at 99 I believe, and I've got all of the Fire and Ice 4*'s either at 99 or very close. I haven't messed with inheritance at all yet, I've got extra fire/ice 4*'s farmed for planning following that guide, but even at the time people had different opinions on the different magicite planning guides and I'm sure 5*'s since coming out has changed stuff as well.

Tiamat was where I got stuck at before so that's what I'm going to specifically ask for help here first though. Outside of the magicites mentioned above these are my potentially not garbage Ice options; keep in mind I've never used or recently got some of these so some of these I'm throwing in here because I have no idea if they're actually worthwhile here or not:

-Palom w/BSB
-Celes (dived) w/BSB2 and USB
-Edea w/BSB and LMR
-Laguna (dived) w/USB1
-Rinoa w/Chain and AOSB
-Squall (dived) w/BSB2, USB1 and USB2
-Vivi w/BSB2
-Noel w/BSB2
-Serah w/USB1

I just grabbed Elarra's USB from the select and she's dived, but I also have Rosa's USB (mblink) if that winds up being more useful here, I haven't experienced Elarra's Regenga first hand yet so not sure if that + the quickcast makes it more useful than the mblink or not. My best boostegas are Ramza (dived) w/BSB2 for ATK, OK (dived) w/mUSB for MAG, or OK's BSB for mixed. Based on what I'm seeing on reddit you don't want to a single stat boost due to it potentially getting overwritten, so I'm thinking I maybe run something like OK (BSB), Rinoa, Squall, Laguna and Elarra/Rosa? I've only got one SSS so I figure running Laguna instead of Celes avoids running overlap issues.

I'm gonna go ahead and start trying to make runs on this but I'm open to any help on here or discord! Would love to catch up and start making progress again.

So my tiamat kills were underpowered a bit conpared to yours.

Onion bsb with curada and blizzaga
Rinoa csb and USB
Shelke bot
Squall usb1 and bsb-sss
Rosa wrath to USB
Bismark

Keys
Rosa and Bismark skip a bunch of aoe hits
Onion bsb and different type of dps means less likely to lose do through it's special moves
Shelke feeds Rosa the back half

Good luck!

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just spent like 4 hours and nada on Tiamat; remembering why I stopped playing the game now lol. I can get him down to like 10-20% every few attempts but it's RNG-dependent on w-casts, but ultimately it's my lack of magicites making the difference. This is what I'm running now:

OK using BSB, Squall with BSB2 (and USB2 in theory for a finisher), Shelke is just an entrustbot, Rinoa with Chain and AOSB, and Elarra with USB.

I've tried a number of tweaks such as running OK as a pure entrustbot, OK as a healer and slotting in Shellga, swapping in Laguna instead of Shelke etc and just can't quite pull it out. I've also tried swapping magicites with Bismarck as primary for the fire blink, running more pure ice DPS instead of fire/wind dampen etc but also not much difference seems to happen there. Running with the only fire/wind dampens I have (as seen in the pic) I can only just *barely* survive the Savage Twisters/Jet Fire at the end of the fight, and not with any consistency; Elarra, Rinoa and Shelke survive with like 200HP and only if they're already at completely full health. I feel like Rinoa is reallllly dragging me down with only having her chain, if she could even just use Proshellga that would be useful, but she probably edges out anyone else I have other than Squall just because of the Chain. She's doing total garbage damage.

Only thing I haven't done is just slot in a 2nd healer (I guess in place of Shelke?). I feel like I should definitely be able to do this so I'm sure to some extent this is user error or me just not doing stuff correctly, but I'm also thinking I should maybe just skip Tiamat for now? I feel slightly better looking at reddit and seeing people still struggle with Tiamat even after sub-30'ing all of the other 4*'s. It's really wild how much harder she is than the others so far for me. Hitting a total brick wall that I know I should be able to clear is really discouraging though and is why I keep putting these and the new torments off :/

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
For tiamat is it better to have wind resist accessories or fire? Or no real difference?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Mega Poverty sub 30 d280 XIV torment. Basically showcasing how bullshit Elarra is.

Papa - OSB/SSB1. No LD.
Alph - SSB1. No LD.
Ysayle - n/a. No LD.
Minfilla - n/a. No LD.
Elarra - USB. Full LD.

Basically no one has wcast or any SBs of note and Yshtola is trash, so I had to bring Elarra in.

Awful fight. I'll never be able to do the d??? due to how horrific my XIV stuff is.

8oJE5pml.png

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Anustart - Wind/Fire - it really depends. This was one magicite where our folks really disagreed, and disagreed is the wrong word to use, more like "what worked for them". I know because I struggled so much and whined so much and got tips from everybody and it all seem to differ. I remember RPH didn't have much trouble with one element, Wind I think it is. ShinU had trouble without protecting against Wind. Madvin had a slightly different build in his deck which helped me, and it was more focus on Empower Ice or something I think it was. I really don't remember. So it's really going to be trial and error.

What worked for me - Fire Resist Gear (because there is even less Wind Resist Gear), Wind Resist Accessories, Gizamaluke, and I think I had a magicite that had Resistance Boon and Spell Ward, I'm not sure. Also Empower Ice and Mag/Atk boon is very important since killing Tiamat as fast as possible is key. Also with Pro/Shell, I linked you several days ago what each Twister/Jet Fire hits and which is piercing if you have any question with that.

My keys to success were Radiant Shield, Entrust spam sent to Selphie for nonstop Instant Last Stand (and went into the Enrage mode with her full gauge), and Deuce also healing, which includes double-healing curadas or double insta cmd 1 heals. My only dps was Rinoa USB. It was a 57 second clear or some such. Was very rough.

Those of you talking about Record Dungeons. I've got to the point where if you just spam Skip it doesn't take that long.

Edit: Grats Adept!
Edit2: Anustart - In fact, you have Selphie correct? I would use Selphie or Eiko with Elarra and that will cover your healing needs. You also have Rinoa USB, which I have, what are your other 2 slots, perhaps I can make an attempt with your setup.
Edit3: Scar - Elarra USB on BF pull? Wow. Congrats.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Anustart:

I mentioned to you some posts back: You want fire resist accessories and wind resist magicite because Savage Jet Fire, which is Fire/Wind and is non-piercing, is her most dangerous attack.

Mr. Daravon:

If you think your ice output isn't sufficient, go back and kill Isgebind until you have a L99 Isgebind and a L99 Dullahan. You'll also, ideally, want Wind resist magicite (Krysta) and Fire resist magicite (Gizamaluk), though the 3* versions will suffice.

Run the following:

Squall: Life Siphon, N/A, Gathering Storm (BSSB2)
Celes: R1 SSS, R3 SSS, Love Wake (USB)
OK: Chain Blizzaga, Entrust, Mako Might (BSSB)
Elarra: Protectga, Curada, Ace Striker (USB)
Rinoa: Voltech or Chain Blizzaga, Valigarmanda, DMT (CSB/AOSB)

Main Magicite: Wendigo

Do you have OK LMR? It will make things a bit simpler since it will allow him to use BSSB and RW Fabula Guardian in two turns, before Tiamat's first Twister. If not, Squall will have to cast RW turn 1 before Life Siphoning.

Otherwise, here's the rough battle plan:

Squall: Life Siphon x3, BSSB2, CMD1x2, CMD2xN, finish with USB2.
Celes: SSS xN, USB, SSS xN, USB finisher
OK: BSSB, RW, Chain Blizzaga, entrust Elarra, Chain Blizzaga x2, Entrust Rinoa, Chain Blizzaga xN
Elarra; Shellga, Curada, USB, RW, Curada xN, USB when available
Rinoa: CSB, Valigarmanda spam, refresh CSB, Vali/Chain Blizzaga (or Voltech if you have it) spam, AOSB

Goal is to inflict as much damage as possible from the start to push phases. Key will be managing Rinoa's SB gauge since she has your biggest finisher. If you can win in one chain it would be better (in which case, you do CSB, Valigarmanda/Chain Blizzaga or Voltech spam, then AOSB before chain runs out) but I'm not certain if you're quite strong enough. When in doubt, look to refresh chain and have OK entrust some half bars to Rinoa to give the extra push.

If Squall gets hit with Power Absorb, Restart.

IF you find that you can't survive with Elarra, use Rosa with Wrath/Protectga and Ace Striker. She'll be doing Wrath x2, USB ad infinitum. It won't protect from the (Savage) Jet Fires but you'll get free turns with Savage Twisters.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Tiddy - We've had a few different mini-discussions (the board, not you and me I mean) about ways to keep the inventory slots from being convoluted. Number of ways to pair things down, but I was curious your criteria for not being sent to the vault since your slots are so low. Sounds like you have very strict requirements and obviously you're still keeping your crews well equipped with I assume not spending any time pulling things out of the vault and then placing them back in.

So, while accessories are over half of my 700+ items in my normal inventory, what is your method? I too, like RPH and probably others, have stupid things like 16 Fire Resist accessories. I guess I could get rid of things that are Mod Fire Resist and +15 mind because well the 15mind is not really going to make a difference in a clear... etc.

Oct 25, 2017
I've sold off a ton of accessories, at least 100. my vault now only has 12, things that are irreplaceable like the Halloween or KH ones. my main inventory I've pared down a bit, but it is tough due to all the different combinations needed. almost anything that is +res and + def I'm dumping if covered by a double element resist or something that gives mag or atk

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks ShinUltima , 2nd attempt (first one just barely failed)!

DszMar8WoAgCKFH.jpg

Prior to the fight I 4* dived Rinoa, and also used the last of my Arcana to get Isgebind, Dullahan and Krysta to 99 (they were all in the 90s but not 99). I have Gizamaluk but only one at level 50, so the 3* version (Liquid Flame) at 99 was actually slightly better for me there. I also had to get myself that 2nd r1 SSS since I only had the one at r3. Still clearly got the job done, but was tight with the healing. Couple of observations:

-Even dived with her LMR2 Celes was coming up JUST short of having her USB up after two SSS, which hurt because on both runs it came down to a single SSS cast left or her USB, and having the 2nd SSS cast would have probably been quicker and done more damage. I might just hone the 2nd SSS to r2.
-Rinoa AOSB never got used; I don't think I can currently get the job done as you mention on a single CSB cast, but she was never close enough otherwise after doing the 2nd CSB since I felt like towards the end I had to toss an extra Entrust towards Elarra instead. Makes me wonder if I would possibly be better off either running OK as a full entrustbot OR if she's not going to be getting her AOSB off just run Ramza BSB2 instead for the extra ATK boost on Celes and Squall possibly. I do have OK's LMR as well as Ramza's (start with full ATB), so while OK has the clear edge there I could make Ramza work. That said the extra ATK boost would mostly be meaningful only for the first few turns, once Celes and Squall get going they're capping anyway (Celes especially with SSS). Also considering if it'd be worth it to slot in Faith on Rinoa instead of Chain Blizzaga and start her first turn with that before doing her CSB to give her some more damage, as well as giving Squall an extra turn to get going but I have a feeling that would be kind of a wash overall.

Still playing around it and will see how it goes, but I really appreciate the help! Unless 5* magicite deck building has changed things (I've specifically avoided looking at that because it frightens me) I "only" need a total of 20 magicite drops out of Tiamat so worst case I can just keep running this as-is. Thanks again!

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I also sold off a lot of accessories. You only need like 5 of each resist element or status ailments. Extra stats aren't really necessary. Boostgas, USBs and magicite boosts are enough. We already got a lot of accessories that combine resist element/status ailments so older stuff that's "resist element"-only is getting useless. I should probably clean my accessories again.

My vault is at 400 and the inventory is at 280. But I also used some older 5* as rosettas before we knew about the new weapon system. Nowadays every 5*+ weapon will go into the vault if it's not an elemental+ weapon.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
MrDaravon - Congrats! Nice Assistance ShinUltima. (A-Team) "Love it when a plan comes together..."

Tiamat is quite the feat! (I'm still salty about whoever it was Pharaun or jarekx who came at Tiamat shortly after I did and had zero trouble with her!)

Edit: The thinking here Tiddy was I needed drastic reduction so instead of just skimming a little off the top, I needed to go all Cross Fit about the diet. I'm shocked to see you only keep +element items. More shocked, not because it is flawed or something, but because I couldn't imagine not holding on to things like my best Atk Dagger (for Vaan, which is his rosetta OSB) or some of the other items I've rosetta'ed in the past. So you basically pay little regard to ANY +stat items and simply go with +element items? Is that an accurate statement?

Last edited:

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
. So you basically pay little regard to ANY +stat items and simply go with +element items? Is that an accurate statement?

Pretty much. Only stat sticks I intend to keep are natural 6* for weapons since they could get some use. Dunno how this will change with the new softcap that JP got during the 4th anniversary. But it worked so far and the damage won't be worse with the new cap. So whatever.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Pretty much. Only stat sticks I intend to keep are natural 6* for weapons since they could get some use. Dunno how this will change with the new softcap that JP got during the 4th anniversary. But it worked so far and the damage won't be worse with the new cap. So whatever.

It's hard to imagine going down to your levels of inventory when I'm currently something like 703/725 with zero dupes and zero items below 5*. But between cutting accessories and going with a variation of your criteria, I'll work on that today. By the way Random Painted Highway, we now have a new competition you and I, who can get their inventory lower. (lol) apparently you have a head-start, but I'm determined.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Anustart - Wind/Fire - it really depends. This was one magicite where our folks really disagreed, and disagreed is the wrong word to use, more like "what worked for them". I know because I struggled so much and whined so much and got tips from everybody and it all seem to differ. I remember RPH didn't have much trouble with one element, Wind I think it is. ShinU had trouble without protecting against Wind. Madvin had a slightly different build in his deck which helped me, and it was more focus on Empower Ice or something I think it was. I really don't remember. So it's really going to be trial and error.

What worked for me - Fire Resist Gear (because there is even less Wind Resist Gear), Wind Resist Accessories, Gizamaluke, and I think I had a magicite that had Resistance Boon and Spell Ward, I'm not sure. Also Empower Ice and Mag/Atk boon is very important since killing Tiamat as fast as possible is key. Also with Pro/Shell, I linked you several days ago what each Twister/Jet Fire hits and which is piercing if you have any question with that.

My keys to success were Radiant Shield, Entrust spam sent to Selphie for nonstop Instant Last Stand (and went into the Enrage mode with her full gauge), and Deuce also healing, which includes double-healing curadas or double insta cmd 1 heals. My only dps was Rinoa USB. It was a 57 second clear or some such. Was very rough.

Those of you talking about Record Dungeons. I've got to the point where if you just spam Skip it doesn't take that long.

Edit: Grats Adept!
Edit2: Anustart - In fact, you have Selphie correct? I would use Selphie or Eiko with Elarra and that will cover your healing needs. You also have Rinoa USB, which I have, what are your other 2 slots, perhaps I can make an attempt with your setup.
Edit3: Scar - Elarra USB on BF pull? Wow. Congrats.

I've been trying to use Ignis and noel with Snow radiant. Rinoa dps is just meh for me even though full dived.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Are you guys selling the 5* accessories, too? They've been steadily piling up in my vault and I hardly use any of them outside of the rare Stop/Slow/etc. fights. I suppose I've been hoarding them thinking that DeNA might use them for something more later like they're doing with relics and rainbow crystals, but I guess that's probably unlikely?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Have you guys amassed more major resist accessories over time? That might be hurting me bad since I only have 1 for each element.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

Glad to be of help! At least I can still assist at the 4* magicite level.

re: accessory clearing

I got rid of a number of accessories a while ago. Essentially, element resist is limited to two +Mag or +ATK and any multi-element resist, otherwise it gets sold. Status resists are limited to 5 tops unless they have multiple resists (e.g. Paralyze + Confuse). Pure stat boosts other than the +30/+35 items get the boot. Any HP boost below 700 that doesn't have a something else (e.g. VII has a +500 and MND accessory that I like to chuck on healers when I have nothing else) get tossed as well.

Truthfully, though, we could probably star chucking status resists too. With very few exceptions (e.g. Devastation Omega), end game content (i.e. Torment 2.0 and 5* magicite) ignores status resists completely. And for other content, you either DPS it before statuses become a problem and/or Restart if you get unlucky. :/

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
It was me, you had been talking about how hard Tiamat was and I rolled up and Sub 30'd her on my first kill. Granted I had significantly improved my Ice team before I took Tiamat on.

And I still hate you for it. You could have at least pretended it was hard. lol.

100 gem - Estinien USB

Never used a DRG before, but it looks pretty solid.

In almost any Final Fantasy, since the birth of Kain (at least for the US side of things) I have always thought Dragoons were amazing AND cool. But in this game, but I get frustrated with having to time heals/buffs perfectly to make sure they're not in the air when they hit.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
lol, ok working on the inventory shrinkage now. Just surprised, it's actually 20 Fire resist accessories I have. Crazy. Suddenly I feel like a pack rat. Oh and 21 Ice resists. Geez. Not going to sit here and comment on every element, but wow. It's definitely time to clean up.

Edit: Do you guys keep KO Resist? I know it's suppose to be used against Demi type spells, but I believe it's been said to not work on the newest/hardest battles, plus I don't even use it for that.

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Edit: Do you guys keep KO Resist? I know it's suppose to be used against Demi type spells, but I believe it's been said to not work on the newest/hardest battles, plus I don't even use it for that.
I've been keeping some, but since end-game stuff is starting to ignore resists i'm considering dumping them. I'll probably keep 5 in the Vault at least just in case.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, you're all making me want to go and weed out my accessories now lol. What I've been doing is keeping my 5 "best" accessories of each type (fire resist, resist KO, etc) in my active inventory while trying to min/max overlap with ones that have multiple resists. Then I throw everything else that's a 5* or 6* in the Vault, and I sell any 4* ones; I think I may have a couple 4* ones still floating around that have unusual/rare resists (Holy or stone maybe?) but that's it. In theory I thought for super hardcore endgame content I might pull out stuff that has realm synergy because a resist PLUS the slightly higher stats on it from the synergy might make a difference, but in reality that certainly hasn't been the case lol. I'm still kind of hesitant to outright sell 5* stuff but I probably should I guess at this point.

Question for the group: is there any particular magicite deck building guide etc that folks go by? With 5*'s out now there seems to be a lot more of them than before, and as someone who hasn't done any inheritance and is still trying to plug through 4*'s it's very confusing looking at that stuff now. This was sent to me by a friend who says he is going by the "Lazyish?" build. The 4* farming I have done up until this point was following Brutill22's 4* deck guide and he has a 5* one in the "Not Lazy" section there. I'm not looking to hardcore min/max at all, but since this is kind of overwhelming I like Brutill's guide just because it's fairly straight forward in terms of this is what you need, and this is how you can get it. The one my friend is following by JaxTheRipperX is way less farming but I'm looking at the visual deck and I have no idea how to get some of these so I have to cross-reference something else anyway. So I'm curious if anyone has any opinions or what they're doing.

On an unrelated note, since I'm not going to do a gem pull on the Black Friday banner (it's too much of a trap even for me, which is really saying something) it occurred to me I should do it on the LMR Select. I've got most of the top/obvious picks except for Celes and Elarra; Elarra's is arguably better but a bit more niche, and Celes is a personal fave and I have her dived with her BSB2 and USB so I think I'm gonna grab hers.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
  1. Double Ward Magicite. A magicite that has both Blade and Spell Ward. Best one is Famfrit, as you can put in a HP boon on it as well. From 4*'s, pick out of Firemane, Krysta, Gismaluke or Necrophobe.
  2. Double Dampen magicite. One of each element
  3. Empower magicite of each element.
  4. Another Empower magicite of each element. Ideally has a different inherit to magicite 3.
  5. Evrae/whatever magicite you need the Ultra for.
Magicite deck done.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Done with Inventory. I did a relaxed version of Tiddy's example.

I kept all 6+.
Kept only accessories that did double duty.
Kept a few other accessories.
I kept all Boost Element and All Resist-anything armor. Resist Silence was important for that original Siren clear.
I will go back and add-back in any gear that is a huge difference maker in a Torment because of synergy. For example, FFXI.

End Result: 429/725 and vault is at 595/700.

That should keep me set until next Summer at the very least.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Friggen turtle is down. Finally put Geos to bed for good. All it took was Ashe USB to eek out that last bit of damage (which I pulled for today).

I hate Geos and never want to do that fight again.