• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Double Ward Magicite. A magicite that has both Blade and Spell Ward. Best one is Famfrit, as you can put in a HP boon on it as well. From 4*'s, pick out of Firemane, Krysta, Gismaluke or Necrophobe.
  2. Double Dampen magicite. One of each element
  3. Empower magicite of each element.
  4. Another Empower magicite of each element. Ideally has a different inherit to magicite 3.
  5. Evrae/whatever magicite you need the Ultra for.
Magicite deck done.

Sure, but as someone who's still working on 4*'s I don't even know what some of this is lol. That's why following a guide/deck is helpful. I think the the guide here specifically is the one my friend is using and I think at a glance it's doing more or less what you're suggesting? This one is also interesting in that it's made specifically to tackle new magicites as they come out, where as a lot of the guides are building decks including magicites we don't have yet. I'd be curious for you to look at this specifically, it's a very nice extremely brief visual and the faint/watermarked magicites seem to indicate which ones they used as inheritance. I'm ready to start grinding magicites but don't want to waste time on ones I'm not gonna need.

Unrelated, but pulled on the LMR select, wasn't a total waste:

4/11 - Yuffie USB1, Raijin LMR (dupe), Balthier LMR, Desch LMR. I thiiiiink I actually somehow have everything for Yuffie now except her Glint (and if she has a BUSB) lol. Desch's is useless, Balthier's is potentially useful. Picked Celes to help complete waifu, and is actually a good one (w-cast Spellblade); on my Tiamat runs yesterday I failed 3 times out of 5, and on two of those three failures if I'd gotten a single w-cast from her at literally any point I would have won.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Sure, but as someone who's still working on 4*'s I don't even know what some of this is lol. That's why following a guide/deck is helpful. I think the the guide here specifically is the one my friend is using and I think at a glance it's doing more or less what you're suggesting? This one is also interesting in that it's made specifically to tackle new magicites as they come out, where as a lot of the guides are building decks including magicites we don't have yet. I'd be curious for you to look at this specifically, it's a very nice extremely brief visual and the faint/watermarked magicites seem to indicate which ones they used as inheritance. I'm ready to start grinding magicites but don't want to waste time on ones I'm not gonna need.

Basically everything has diminishing returns on magicite passives, so stacking 2-3 of one particular passive is most optimal. (every additional stack is halved, so if a bonus gives 10%, slapping on another 10% passive actually becomes 5% for a total of 15%)

My approach is more modular, it's definitely not 100% peak min/max efficiency but it significantly cuts down farming time.

With 3* magicites, all you want to keep is the following:

• Enkindu (wind magicite with medica + esunaga ultra)
  • Unicorn (holy magicite with Astra ultra)
  • Any 3* magicite that gives Imperil ultra

THE FIRST 3 SLOTS

With 4* magicites, you basically start with your best element and go around in a circle. Each of the 4* magicites offer 3 different types of magicite:

• A defensive magicite that offers resistance to next magicite element on the wheel (farming Marilith (Fire) gives Ice resist, farming Isgebind (Ice) gives Wind resist, etc). You want to farm a total of 8 of these, 4 to max level one to 99, and another 4 to Inherit the Dampen "Element X" into the first defensive magicite for a grand total of a flat 15% resistance to this element.
  • A physical boosting magicite of that element. Farm 8 of these per element
  • A magical boosting magicite of that element. Farm 8 of these per element
So by doing this in the entire circle, you've filled up 3 out of 5 slots for each element.

• A Dampen (elemental resist) magicite of each element
  • x2 elemental damage boosting magicites of each element which can be tailored towards physical or magical teams

THE 4th SLOT

The 4th slot you want is a universal damage reduction across the board. The reasoning here is that attempting to add another Dampen magicite as the 4th slot is not optimal as a 3rd Dampen becomes a measly extra 3% resistance to that element (the 1st magicite slot has double Dampen already). So this slot becomes the "Double Ward" magicite. It has the following properties:
  • Blade Ward (flat 5% physical damage reduction to party)
  • Spell Ward (flat 5% magical damage reduction to the party)
You'll need to Inherit one ward or the other onto this magicite, as no magicite currently offers both of these from the get go. Choose one of these magicites to farm for your Double Ward magicite. It doesn't matter which one, just whichever is easiest to farm for you:
  • Firemane (kill Marilith)
  • Krysta (kill Isgebind)
  • Gismaluke (kill Kraken)
  • Necrophobe (kill Siren)

THE 5th SLOT

So now that we've filled 4 slots, there's mega diminishing returns across the board. As explained in the 4th slot, adding another Dampen magicite to the deck is a bad idea, and stacking a Empowered magicite (elemental boosting magicite) is also a bad idea as it yields little boosts as well.

So the 5th slot is filled with whatever Ultra you need (Imperil, healing, etc).

Or it's Evrae.

Evrae has a unique passive called Surging Power, which grants the party a maximum of +10% damage modifier based on your HP. Keep in mind that this isn't based on your % of HP, but rather a set number. You get the full 10% when at 10k HP and goes down from there.

Farm 4 of these and combine it into one level 99 magicite. Inherit a Magic Boon onto it so it can be used equally as well on a mage team (Evrae comes with Attack Boon already).

All this shit gets thrown out the window if you're doing a last stand team, but that's for crazies like myself and definitely not advised.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that makes way more sense, thanks! The guide I linked above follows what you posted pretty closely as well with some slight variance, obviously following a pretty similar idea. This at least gives me a jumping off point, I really appreciate it.

Since that makes some sense now, one thing I haven't looked into at all and I'm actually failing to find much on via a search is stat inheritance. If I'm understanding correctly for example say a Magic Boon level 10 will grant 10% more MAG based on the *magicite's* stat correct? I vaguely recall however that sub-magicites only get half of the effect or something though, so in that example a sub-magicite having a level 10 Magic Boon would only actually give you 5% instead of 10%. Is that all correct or am I misremembering/misunderstanding something else?

Edit: I guess on a related note is there any sort of reasonable way of leveling Magicites at this point besides getting arcana from sub-30 runs? The amount of XP you get from feeding 1-2* magicites to 4* ones seems completely insignificant, so not sure if those are better used off for stat inheritance maybe? Like I could spend the rest of today and probably honestly get all of the 4* magicite drops I need, but actually getting them to 99 is a different story.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
War Adept:

I thought the first Evrae gave 10% more damage and it was the second Evrae that gave 5% more damage at 10K HP?

Mr. Daravon:

You're mixing up inheritance with passives. What you're referring to is the passive stat boosts provided by equipping magicites, i.e. how much your party stats get boosted in battle just by having the magicites equipped. The actual passive stat boost for HP/ATK/MAG/MND/DEF/RES provided by magicites is hidden and stupid. But there's a dirt easy way to find out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7gkwcu/superquick_magicite_stat_boon_calculations/

Note that where your magicite boosts are located doesn't matter. That is, if you have a L10 MAG Boon, you'll get a 10% Mag boost (based on the mag total of the magicites as shown in the above link) whether that Mag boon is on your main or on your sub magicite. It's the presence of multiple copies of the same passive (e.g. multiple L10 MAG Boons) where you start to see diminishing returns (each successive passive is worth half of the previous one, rounding up; so two L10 MAG boons will be 10 + 5 = 15% Mag Boon), but it doesn't matter where/how those passives are distributed.

However
, the main magicite is the most important when it comes to raw stats, so if you don't need a particular magicite summon effect for a battle, you put your highest level magicite in main slot so you can get higher stat boosts.

Inheritance is something else altogether and far more straightforward.

Once a magicite gets to L99, you can feed other magicites to it to push its level and stats up higher. It also gaines a free slot, and any magicite that you feed to the L99, you can pick one of its passives to inherit (with some exceptions - an element can only inherited an element boost of the same type or of the opposite type, and Evrae's Surging Power, Hades's Hand of Vengence, and Zombie Dragon's Damage Drive cannot be inherited at all). This inherit doesn't level up as you power up the magicite further by inheriting more magicites (i.e. if you inherit a L3 Blade Ward, it will stay that way forever), but you can overwrite that inherited passive with another one any time you choose.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah Attack and Magic boon are based on the total magicite stats. The total is displayed at the top in the magicite equip screen.

And like always its subject to diminishing returns.

However they'll become much more valuable when the 2nd atk/mag soft cap is introduced to global.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
No on the leveling. In fact we use to only be able to do it through Sunday daily. Getting arcana sped things up considerably.

I started to say more but ShinU and Adept have you covered.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
ShinUltima thanks for the clarification on how the Boons bonuses are calculated; I think what I was remembering about the sub-magicites counting for "less" on stats is addressed in that link you posted.

What I was talking about with stat inheritance though is feeding lower level magicites purely for stats, not the passives. Maybe I'm using the wrong term, I took a screenshot to show what I'm referencing:

Ds4G5uUXoAIuimK.jpg

What I was wondering is that since feeding 1/2* magicite to 4*'s for XP purposes seems useless, I was wondering if it might be worth feeding them to 4* (or 5*) magicites you use to bump up their stats instead as seen above. Maybe I'm wrong, but my understanding is that while you can re-roll the Passive Effect on magicites if you want, you can still keep feeding them magicite to bump up their pure damage stats as seen above, in this case up to a max of "70". Hoping this makes more sense?

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Not sure I understand either. Feeding 1/2* for anything is near useless but can't do anything else with it besides sell it. You will see the inheritance go up more for quick gratification but once you get up to like 20-30 inheritance you could feed like 6 1 Star and not see a single number go up. So it's slow either way. Also you can't do inheritance until they are 99 anyway so whether you save them to feed at 99 for inheritance or you use them for exp to get them to 99 doesn't really matter either way.

One thing I did to help along the way is the 2atar level to like 50 after one run through Sunday exp dungeon and then I would inherit them to carry over their dampen or empower to hold me over till I was inheriting level 99 3/4 star into the 4star.

Does that help? If not then I misunderstood your question also.

Edit: Fair Warning, inheritance grind is burn out type stuff. It's crazy grinding.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Right, I was just wondering if feeding 2*'s to level 99 4/5* magicite for pretty insignificant stat gains was better than feeding them as XP for insignificant leveling gains, sounds like it kinda doesn't really matter much either way?

Leveling a 2* to 50 or whatever for a quick/easy passive effect short term isn't a bad idea though.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Seems silly that most of the obstacles I come across in rk, the answer has been let Bartz handle it.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

Ah. Well, there are ways to min-max inheritance XP gain, but honestly the simplest way is to, yes, just feed the 1* and 2* magicites at level 1 to your 4*. Don't bother using 1*/2* for raising a magicite to L99, that's a waste though. They're fine as inheritance fodder, especially if you have a 4* that you can farm easily. Those 1* and 2*s add up quickly (and note: 5* do not drop fodder, only their own magicite). Don't waste time levelling the 1*/2* (or even 3*) either - just inherit them at level 1.

However, note that if you're looking for serious inheritance gains, e.g. looking to get a L99 Tiamat with L15 Empower Wind, which would require inheriting another L99 Tiamat or L99 Silver Dragon onto a L99 Tiamat, then the majority of your bonus levels will be gained simply by doing that. That is, if you inherit a L99 Tiamat onto a L99 Tiamat, it's bonus levels for stats will shoot up to 65-69 and you will only need a small amount of fodder to max that Tiamat out. So you might want to save your fodder until after you've done your main inheritance.

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Boom. 34.73 tiamat kill. Finally found that perfect mix of actions.

Trick was using selphie USB while I was at full health. Solved a death a couple turns later.

Last edited:

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sub24 Phoenix first try. The amount of attacks Phoenix does is irritating because it somehow fucks up your usual SB planning. You get so much meter that I don't know to whom I should entrust.
Will post my setup tomorrow.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
So I hear siren does 9999 heal counters and Hades does nasty status? I'm scared.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Seems silly that most of the obstacles I come across in rk, the answer has been let Bartz handle it.

Bartz is helped by the fact that spellblade abilities cover 6 of 8 elements so he's ridiculously versatile, especially with a chain. There are others that are just as versatile/overpowered, TGCid, Vivi, and Palom can put in a lot of work. It gets even sillier with Awakenings when TGCid and Sephiroth become the best Dark Mages in the game.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Daravon:

Ah. Well, there are ways to min-max inheritance XP gain, but honestly the simplest way is to, yes, just feed the 1* and 2* magicites at level 1 to your 4*. Don't bother using 1*/2* for raising a magicite to L99, that's a waste though. They're fine as inheritance fodder, especially if you have a 4* that you can farm easily. Those 1* and 2*s add up quickly (and note: 5* do not drop fodder, only their own magicite). Don't waste time levelling the 1*/2* (or even 3*) either - just inherit them at level 1.

However, note that if you're looking for serious inheritance gains, e.g. looking to get a L99 Tiamat with L15 Empower Wind, which would require inheriting another L99 Tiamat or L99 Silver Dragon onto a L99 Tiamat, then the majority of your bonus levels will be gained simply by doing that. That is, if you inherit a L99 Tiamat onto a L99 Tiamat, it's bonus levels for stats will shoot up to 65-69 and you will only need a small amount of fodder to max that Tiamat out. So you might want to save your fodder until after you've done your main inheritance.

Makes sense, thanks! I feel like I finally mostly have my head wrapped around everything. Farming the magicites I'm ok with the time commitment on, but getting them leveled seems like the real grind.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
So I hear siren does 9999 heal counters and Hades does nasty status? I'm scared.

Correct.

Siren has low-ish HP (~800,000) in total, but in her Savage Phase/Phase 3 (40% and below) starts countering everything that can be countered with a 9999 heal. This includes dualcasts, i.e. she'll heal 9999x2 per dualcast. So if your character can't inflict at least 9999 damage a turn, that character can no longer attack because now Siren will gain back more than she loses and you'll never win.

She also has a Regen (that you should dispel immediately if you don't have uber dark DPS) + AoE Silence attack (Lunatic Savage Voice) that makes a mage team hell (though not impossible; my sub-25 Siren team uses two mages and no chain). She uses this twice in a sub-30 run, once in Phase 1 turn 2, and in Phase 3 turn 2 (both after haste, which you definitely will want to Dispel alongside the Regen).

As for Hades, he's a DPS check of sorts - Black Cauldron is basically a run ender since it throws a ton of nasty status ailments at you, but if you DPS fast enough you will either see 1 or 0. His other gimmick, other than scripted AoE stun attacks, is a Dispel that occurs at 50%. This will screw you up because, unlike a lot of scripted things that occur on phase changes, the timing for this is not consistent and it's not an interrupt (though it IS instant). 50% isn't a phase change, so Hades will go through whatever attack he's using, then instantly cast Dispel; depending on what you're doing beforehand, it can change the timing of Dispel by several seconds and can really throw you off (i.e. you DPS him to 40%/Phase 3, which makes him cancel his previous attack, cast Dispel, then immediately cast P3 turn 1 attack which is AoE Stun).

Having Larsa USB to spam will be a massive help.

Oh, and Hades has the second highest total HP (975,000) and is the tankiest of the 4* magicites. Good luck.

Oct 25, 2017
That siren heal,is obnoxious. I pulled shadows usb, legend dove him only to realize that his usb chase was completely healed each time. Haven't really used him since!

Hades, I have blocked from my memory....

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
So I have vayne osb. Theory crafting with 0% as I haven't fought Lady Siren yet, but perhaps normal dps til that 40% then entrust vayne a gogo baybay.

Though I do have dcecil arcane but nothing else except begin with dark. Biggest problem with him and my boy Kain :( Kain can deal out some lightning pain but only once :(

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Lol Lady Siren. Rewatching Game of Thrones so that's probably where that came from.

Edit: So, there is/was a mini-conversation on Reddit about ATB order vs. Party order. I didn't realize the community seemed split in half, but now that I've investigated, I think I'm in the minority here.

What do you guys have yours set to? Mine has always been set to ATB order. I played under the impression that I want the next person ready, to be the next person up, but the conversation over there shows me that I should consider input lag and also turn order is more predictable or consistent on party order. If I understood correctly. Well now I'm curious what you guys are doing.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Trying to figure out how to make my earth team for magicite dungeons.
Since I don't have a chain I'm probably going with 2 dps 2 buff and 1 healer
So far here's what I have:
- Elarra USB (of course!)
- Ramza Shout
- Mog USB / Basch USB for moderate atk buff (Basch prot/shell is nice but does not add much more, Mog means that I need to slot separately protect and shell but at least he can heal... not sure what's best)

For DPS I have this short list:
- Bartz USB + Spellblade 5*
- Tifa USB/OSB
- Yang USB

I'm pretty confident about Bartz and wanted to take only one monk (so that I don't need dupliate skills) but I'm not sure what's best between Yang and Tifa.

What do you guys think about this kind of setup?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Lol Lady Siren. Rewatching Game of Thrones so that's probably where that came from.

Edit: So, there is/was a mini-conversation on Reddit about ATB order vs. Party order. I didn't realize the community seemed split in half, but now that I've investigated, I think I'm in the minority here.

What do you guys have yours set to? Mine has always been set to ATB order. I played under the impression that I want the next person ready, to be the next person up, but the conversation over there shows me that I should consider input lag and also turn order is more predictable or consistent on party order. If I understood correctly. Well now I'm curious what you guys are doing.

ATB order.

I make liberal use of the pause button, using it to plan my moves ahead and I spam it just as the ATB gauge hits full on a character. The UI animation will be half playing and I can see and determine if they have a SB, how much uses I have left, assess if I need to Defend, etc. Shaves off precious milliseconds.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I use ATB order myself. That's the default one, right?

Jux:

When you say "earth team for magicites", you talking about taking on Hydra and/or Ixion? I"m assuming you're not facing the likes of Quetz of Behemoth King as yet.

If it's 3*/4*, you don't need chain for them. Hydra will get rolfstomped by Bartz/Elarra/Ramza/DPS/Basch. Note that you'll want Basch over Mog not just because Basch has Protectga/Shellga, but because Basch can use Earth Sabre and be another DPS.

Ixion is actually the weakest of the 4* magicites - has the lowest HP, lowest stats, 60% break resistance means you can actually gasp run debuffs and they'll be effective! However, he has a super annoying gimmick - he Dispels you constantly. You're going to want Hastega if you don't have a spammable source of Physical Blink.

Oh, and if you have Tifa USB2, Tifa >>> Yang. However, the 5* earth monk ability is pretty blah, though I guess better than nothing.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima friz898 thx for the advice!

I'm still at 3* magicite actually. Asking advice because without chains my fights tend to be super long so I figured I was doing something wrong (just beat golem in a little over 1min with just Cloud/Fang as dps, still have trouble consistently beating Fenrir as well).
I missed the elemental knight abilities so I will definitely use Basch with Eartth Saber for this fight. I also have Tifa USB2 so I'll go with that as well (I planned on using Gaia Rush for her).

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I used ATB order all the way until Hades 4* I think - then I switched to Party Order, didn't take too much to get used to imo, certainly required less switching between characters which made fights a lot easier for me.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
ShinUltima friz898 thx for the advice!

I'm still at 3* magicite actually. Asking advice because without chains my fights tend to be super long so I figured I was doing something wrong (just beat golem in a little over 1min with just Cloud/Fang as dps, still have trouble consistently beating Fenrir as well).
I missed the elemental knight abilities so I will definitely use Basch with Eartth Saber for this fight. I also have Tifa USB2 so I'll go with that as well (I planned on using Gaia Rush for her).

Ya, meteor crush may get some use out of you... it will 2 hit for 9999 and give you atk buff, I use to run Meteor Crush (only rank 1 should be ok) then run Gaia Rush 2-3 times before refreshing Meteor Crush.

Now with your Ability Double USB, as you may have imagined, you're going to need high hones with Gaia Rush. Bare minimum of Rank 3 just to sit at the table.
1 Min is very long for a fight, especially a 3* but your'e bringing a physical team to Golem so, thats why. If you have no choice, you have no choice. Fenrir can take a while too with the blinks if you're using physical.

Re: ATB vs. Party

See? We're split down the middle like Reddit. I may have to try this Party Order stuff, I mean, I'm happy with ATB, but never know.. Also, I kind of memorized who's turn comes first in all the magicite fights, the first couple rounds anyway.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
1 Min is very long for a fight, especially a 3* but your'e bringing a physical team to Golem so, thats why. If you have no choice, you have no choice. Fenrir can take a while too with the blinks if you're using physical.

I use physical on both indeed.
For golem... I thought the only problem was protect but I just realized that Earthen Wall is only against physical so magical makes sense indeed. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of magical wind iirc.
As for Fenrir, I haven't tried magical yet but since I have OK mUSB now and I think some ice magical USBs lying around I should be able to make something work with magic. I'll try something soon.

Oct 25, 2017
I do party order. May check if atb is a better fit, haven't honestly thought about it in a while.

Daily free rainbow! Ahh dupe cid I've ssb, already reforged . Will keep for the rainbow shard stuff coming in a few months...been a while since I got a new (not even useful) relic out of the daily.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Lol I haven't even killed Geo, King B or Quetz, let alone even tried Phoenix.

Still banging my head against the wall trying to CM clear the XIV event for gil using 2 SSBs and a BSB.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's the only way I've been able to clear so far. I couldn't keep up solo Elarra with shelke entrusting.

It's consistent, but I haven't figured out the secret sauce to a sub30 yet.

Oct 25, 2017
I mastered the xiv torment at 48:39 using a slightly modified version of:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...3_no_6_soul_breaks/?utm_source=reddit-android

My thancred has the earth bsb not fire imperil and my papalymo has her USB and aosb. (I pulled again and got really lucky)

Current best:
Xiv 48.39
Xv 64%
Xiii 51%
Iv 68%
Viii 1:05.07
Vi 1:11.27
Vii 57.30
Xii 70%
V 50.44
Fft 74%

Sitting on 140 rubies with two abilities to buy, lunatic thunder and storm assault. Will get storm assault next and use in the ix torment.

I can do a bit better on some of these as is with some tweaking. Power creep with the new abilities and magicites are noticeable. Enhanced raid for fft is going to be extremely helpful. Can afford some frivolous dives to push me over perhaps on others. At 55lds and enough motes for 5 more.