• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
I am Torment lazy. A bunch of these I could go back and improve but I just haven't bothered.

XIV: 69%
XV: -
XIII: -
IV: 59%
VIII: -
VI: -
VII: 88%
XII: 72%
V: 52%
T: 34.23 s

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
What do you guys have curada honed up to? Right now mines r3 and I've never gone through all of them or if I did it's been at the end. Worth it to bring it to r4?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
R4. I can't sub 30 5* magicites and for me, basically requires R4/R5 of every ability to even have a chance, otherwise I run out of juice.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
4/11 on the XIV banner: Papalymo LMR, Alphinaud LMR, Thancred LMR, Alphinaud Glint

Surprised to get four and still have not one be a 6*. Decided to try again since I have a pretty healthy Mythril supply...

1/11: Thancred BSB. For fuck's sake, DeNA.

I have 657 Mythril left, but now I'm a little hesitant to pull again after seeing some Torment wins using a bunch of older relics which I mostly have.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
4/11 on the XIV banner: Papalymo LMR, Alphinaud LMR, Thancred LMR, Alphinaud Glint

Surprised to get four and still have not one be a 6*. Decided to try again since I have a pretty healthy Mythril supply...

I have 657 Mythril left, but now I'm a little hesitant to pull again after seeing some Torment wins using a bunch of older relics which I mostly have.

High five. I did 2 pulls and went like 7/22 no discos.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

4th

Anniversarrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Don't listen to me, I'm about to burn 700+ mithril on the upcoming IX banner in a couple of days

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
You're giving me flashbacks of when I did like 6 pulls on a IX banner and got like 7 rose of may.

Those thunder gloves got some work in though.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Dear record keeper, it's been 10 days since my last daily 5*. All I need is a chain or Vivi USB. Thanks!

Edit: Or a 2* mage staff I guess.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Glanced at this week's FFX Banners. Not too impressed at all. Will be easy for me to skip. Looking for excuses to spend money because while we've been busy buying Christmas stuff and taking advantage of BF and Cyber Monday sales, the wallet is all open and it's a good time to get some money out of me -- but nothing here really entices me at all. I didn't see the Global link right off, although I'm sure I just didn't look very hard. But didn't want to not post any link at all, so the JP one is below.

FFX Banner (JP) - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...ragedy_sundering_fulguration_jp_megathread_x/
FFX Banner Now vs. Next One - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9vy94a/now_versus_later_x_event_relics/

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Okay, so I can pretty much consistently sub-30 Hades now, though his Dispel's timing can really ruin that. Not sure I can take these 5*'s yet, though. Their Savage mode gimmick feels pretty lame, honestly. For Lightning, we're basically forced to bring either Stone Press or an OSB? I have Tifa's ASB, but I'd be outta luck once he uses Savage mode again. Don't have a single BSB+ for any Heavy Combat user, either. Wonder if Cinque with her LMR alone would be enough... >_>

4th

Anniversarrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Don't listen to me, I'm about to burn 700+ mithril on the upcoming IX banner in a couple of days

God damn, there some hidden useful gems there or just a huge FFIX fan?

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Random question: How do you build an elemental mage team?
Most USB requires some kind of skill to be effective after first cast so for a mage team it would seem to me that you'd need multiple copies of stuff like chain firaga etc. Seems like a lot of investment...
Or do you use BSBs? Mix mages/witches to get a better coverage?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

2pFYMYXl.png

Do you want one of my 10 Hamelins

9XqDb8wl.jpg

Most USB requires some kind of skill to be effective after first cast so for a mage team it would seem to me that you'd need multiple copies of stuff like chain firaga etc. Seems like a lot of investment...

Multiple copies.

There's Meltdown/Vortech which covers 3 elements each.

Then each individual Chain -ja.

Then after that, if you still need more of the same element, you go around and hone as many Chain -ga's as needed.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Okay, so I can pretty much consistently sub-30 Hades now, though his Dispel's timing can really ruin that. Not sure I can take these 5*'s yet, though. Their Savage mode gimmick feels pretty lame, honestly. For Lightning, we're basically forced to bring either Stone Press or an OSB? I have Tifa's ASB, but I'd be outta luck once he uses Savage mode again. Don't have a single BSB+ for any Heavy Combat user, either. Wonder if Cinque with her LMR alone would be enough... >_>

Adept is a ff9 nut. The only other like this is Wazzy who is a ff8 nut. Rinoa is pretty though.

They inspired me to want to go full realm too and then right as I started to toy with the idea, these torments came out punishing you for not being more diverse. That said, if a challenge can be beaten with ff9 relics, Adept can do it.

Bonus points, Adept can you repost the trance meta gif you made? Was so cool.

Oct 25, 2017

Chain-ja + chain-ga
Voltech/meltdown + chain-ga
Summon + proshellga
Faithga and hastega user or edge
Elarra

This is my typical no chain setup. Basically the goal is r4 of the 6*s and then an r5 and an r4 of each of the chain-gas (other than bio). The r5s are due to rank chaser is a (Ashe, rinoa etc) and doubles (Vivi palom Maria)

That is a huge black major orb outlay and long term planning, you won't need chain blizzaga and tornado for a few months.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I swear its like "TILT" on a pinball machine. Had never even considered something like this until you shared it. On trance dives in general, I was hesitant about them because I'm like "ya sure, a little buff when you're already almost dead" but now that I've used several people with their trances, whether triggered intentionally or just happens during a tough fight, it's like an amazing 2nd wind.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Torments

For those who are remotely capable, I'm sure no one is more Torment lazy than I (though I prefer to think of it as not subjecting myself to needless torture). I still have my 87% on D??? Greg (could most likely beat him, would likely need Bartz USB1 for sub-30) and sub-30 on D??? Jenova, and that's it. Haven't even attempted the others. The sub-30 on VII and 87% clear on V alone took me 14 hours (spread over multiple days) and basically broke me.

re: Daily Random draw

Day 1: Machinist mote
Day 2: Summon Crystal
Day 3: Mythril

This actually counts as some of my best pulls in the last 3+ months.

Anustart:

My Curada is R4. I had R3 for a looooong time, since R3 was enough to last through 4* magicites and even through superbosses like Transcendent Ozma/Zeromus E.G., but honed it to R4 for T2 (theoretically) and 5* magcites. It hasn't actually run out so far, but that's because in the five 5* magicite fights I've done thus far (still haven't fought Belias, waiting until after Fest), 4 have been sub-30 and one doesn't use any healing (KB, Edge SSB2 strats).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Bah, was doing great against Hades until that dreaded dispel. Right when he cast it I was like oh yeah, they warned me about that.

I'm guessing yes, but does dispel get rid of rw wall?

Edit:
Only took a couple tries but Hades has been defeated. Siren left, then on to 5*. Though I bet I'll be farming 4* for a while to prepare. Hades went down at 56 seconds. Beatrix a beast.

Friz was right. The couple times I didn't have Larsa Astra up at the times needed, my team was asleep, silenced, and God knows what else.

I tend to like to refresh wall a couple seconds before it expires but in this case I had to wait a couple seconds after it expires to get past the dispel. But by this point I'm fully ready to be buffed and the second half of his HP just melted away.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Finally out turtled Bellias .clear no master, in around 47.
Tidus csb
Rydia ll bsb2 ld
Aerith ld lmr usb2
Alph ogo ld ssb bsb (to ether ogo)
Elarra ld usb

Not exactly pretty, but got the clear. Mastery may be elusive with this team, so much of my damage at the end is reflect damage followed by an instant cast heal.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I haven't even beat one d???.

The only torment I've gotten over 50% damage done is IV, which by sheer luck, I happened upon Palom/Rydia/Barb's USB and LMR's.

I still die though because both Porom and Rosa only have SSB's

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Bah, was doing great against Hades until that dreaded dispel. Right when he cast it I was like oh yeah, they warned me about that.

I'm guessing yes, but does dispel get rid of rw wall?

Edit:
Only took a couple tries but Hades has been defeated. Siren left, then on to 5*. Though I bet I'll be farming 4* for a while to prepare. Hades went down at 56 seconds. Beatrix a beast.

Friz was right. The couple times I didn't have Larsa Astra up at the times needed, my team was asleep, silenced, and God knows what else.

I tend to like to refresh wall a couple seconds before it expires but in this case I had to wait a couple seconds after it expires to get past the dispel. But by this point I'm fully ready to be buffed and the second half of his HP just melted away.

Not bad at all for Hades. Some people found him as challenging as Tiamat. He might be one of the harder ones for you to sub 30 later.

I found the Siren fight easier, but it was tough for me to finish her off at the end.

Oct 25, 2017
re: Torments

For those who are remotely capable, I'm sure no one is more Torment lazy than I (though I prefer to think of it as not subjecting myself to needless torture). I still have my 87% on D??? Greg (could most likely beat him, would likely need Bartz USB1 for sub-30) and sub-30 on D??? Jenova, and that's it. Haven't even attempted the others. The sub-30 on VII and 87% clear on V alone took me 14 hours (spread over multiple days) and basically broke me.

14 hours. Wow. That is some crazy dedication. I make across the board passes every so often to try to eek out another damage or time level to get more rubies. The time and energy (if even possible for me) to finish a torment at this point is just way beyond diminishing returns. I probably have the goods for a sub 30 vii and maybe viii, but.....I figure I can come back in a few months and see how it goes after even more power creep.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I honestly just sub 30 the d240 and d280 and call it a day.

Honestly just waiting for AASBs to blow all this rubbish whale content out of the water.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Chain-ja + chain-ga
Voltech/meltdown + chain-ga
Summon + proshellga
Faithga and hastega user or edge
Elarra

This is my typical no chain setup. Basically the goal is r4 of the 6*s and then an r5 and an r4 of each of the chain-gas (other than bio). The r5s are due to rank chaser is a (Ashe, rinoa etc) and doubles (Vivi palom Maria)

That is a huge black major orb outlay and long term planning, you won't need chain blizzaga and tornado for a few months.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense! I guess the level I'm at (my only 6* is Meltdown and I haven't cleared all 3* magicites yet) I will make do with lower chain-gas + -ja and work from there.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
The chaingas will do. We didn't have all these newer spells at the time, plus when those 3* magicite were first released, most abilities didn't do as much damage, to include said chaingas only doing 2 hits of 9999 instead of 4.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I should add that I have edge legend dived and armed with ninja magic on a lot of teams. My geosgaeno team his 3* scroll can cap out and double cast and is super fast. That is with a chain, but even without, don't sleep on a ninja fourth character.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Surprising News on the Brave Mode.

I guess I'm really slacking this month since no desire to farm. Have only done 16 of 20 magicites this month, I need to pop out 4 quick ones before end of month for the 3 mythril. When I was farming inheritance, I was doing that many in 1-2 days. Geez.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Anustart:

For the record, Dispel does not remove stats buffs like Wall, Shout, etc. That belongs to something called "Ultimate Dispel", which is (thankfully) very rare.

RPH:

I spent 5 hours on Greg. I thought I had a sub-30 team, or at least a fairly easy 100% team, and tried following a couple vids that were "close" to what I had, and I simply could. Not. Win. I was maybe 2-3 relics off from a couple sub-30 vids, only to find that what was missing was crucial and I had nothing to replace them. I actually got that 87% on my second try in about an hour or so, and spent another 3 hours on a different trying and failing to even get that far.

Jenova I "knew" I had a sub-30 team. But again, even following a vid that was close, having one less relic made the fight more of a slog than I expected. I managed to win in 35:45 after two 2 hour sessions on different nights and thought I could go no further. Then the Sephiroth USB2 banner came out, I got Cloud Glint/LMR2, and found another vid that used Yuffie as chain builder and managed to (barely) sub-30 with that after another 5 straight hours of attempts.

Basically, I felt that my VII realm is so strong, but to only barely sub-30, meant that the effort expended wasn't worth the toll on my life and psyche. Yeah, I had (almost) everything for a realm and that was enough to scrape by the highest difficulty (I'm of the opinion that if you have just about everything for a hard fight, it should be comfortable and not hair-pullingly hard; you definitely should not need to have whale-level relics just to barely win) - either the fight is too hard, I'm too incompetent, or both. I don't need that additional stress in my life, especially since no other realm in FFRK is as close to stacked as VII or even V for me, so I stopped.

And even with better tools (5* magicites and/or additional relics), I haven't felt the urge to go back and try any of the D??? Torments. I keep thinking, "Maybe I'll give this one a try", then I fail to sub-30 the D280 with a realm team (usually resort to Cloud/Zack and 3 realm schmoes to sub-30 D280) and I'm brought back to reality and say "Nah. Maybe next year".

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
RPH:

I spent 5 hours on Greg. I thought I had a sub-30 team, or at least a fairly easy 100% team, and tried following a couple vids that were "close" to what I had, and I simply could. Not. Win. I was maybe 2-3 relics off from a couple sub-30 vids, only to find that what was missing was crucial and I had nothing to replace them. I actually got that 87% on my second try in about an hour or so, and spent another 3 hours on a different trying and failing to even get that far.

Jenova I "knew" I had a sub-30 team. But again, even following a vid that was close, having one less relic made the fight more of a slog than I expected. I managed to win in 35:45 after two 2 hour sessions on different nights and thought I could go no further. Then the Sephiroth USB2 banner came out, I got Cloud Glint/LMR2, and found another vid that used Yuffie as chain builder and managed to (barely) sub-30 with that after another 5 straight hours of attempts.

Basically, I felt that my VII realm is so strong, but to only barely sub-30, meant that the effort expended wasn't worth the toll on my life and psyche. Yeah, I had (almost) everything for a realm and that was enough to scrape by the highest difficulty (I'm of the opinion that if you have just about everything for a hard fight, it should be reasonable but not hair-pullingly hard; you should not need to have whale-level relics just to barely win) - either the fight is too hard, I'm too incompetent, or both. I don't need that additional stress in my life, especially since no other realm in FFRK is as close to stacked as VII or even V for me, so I stopped.

And even with better tools (5* magicites and/or additional relics), I haven't felt the urge to go back and try any of the D??? magicites. I keep thinking, "Maybe I'll give this one a try", then I fail to sub-30 the D280 with a realm team (usually resort to Cloud/Zack and 3 realm schmoes to sub-30 D280) and I'm brought back to reality and say "Nah. Maybe next year".

Yeah, having all of the pieces is actually worse than missing something, cause you feel compelled to bash your head against the wall to get a perfect run with rng doublecasts.

What are you missing in v? I'm either kelgers USB or galufs lmr double away from getting a sub 40 or a super stressful sub 30. Galufs csb would be nice but require sb juggling as I lead with his boostga usb.

Re: .brave change.
I have forgotten which braves I have, it could very well just be rinoas 2 braves. Too bad usbs are not sorted with that distinction. That could be an interesting change.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Maybe they were like.."oh crap since global knows AASB coming and these Braves aren't special, we better do something or we aren't going to make any money while everyone hoards for 3+ months."

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
RPH:

At this point I'm just missing Bartz USB1. I was missing Galuf BSSB2 and Bartz LMR1 before as well, but I've since acquired those (both paid for from selects, actually). I thought his USB2 would be an okay substitute but it is completely inferior for this fight (and most fights, from what I can tell; only time USB2 is better than USb1 is when targeting ice/lightning weakness and/or no chain present), not just for the lack of chain building but, more importantly, the lack of quick cast. Without USB1, I simply can't pump out the same kind of damage than someone with USB1 can unless I get godly double/triple/quad casts. It also means I don't get to do neat things like skipping Zantetsuken.

But I haven't tried since the first week it was open, so things are different now. How different, I can't tell and am in no hurry to find out.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
cool update on brave mode, now i wish i had gotten Lightning's Brave...perhaps this fest. Must maintain a complete Claire!