• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I was happy the FFX Banner is crap.

I will do the parade, but skimp on the fest. I would like Edward's Holy Chain. But am trying to be good and save for AASB. For about 10 mins this morning, I thought about creating a second account now that would be strictly F2P and hoarding all that mythril like Anustart just got, and then spend every bit of it at AA release, but then realized I don't have enough time to play 1 account these days as is.

Tempting though!

Edit: But I mean think about it. You could take like 500-800 mythril to the first few AA banners and clean house and be set for awhile. I mean you can't replace hones and motes, but goodness the relics would be nice.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pull maybe once on Banner 3 of the upcoming fest for OK. Other than that I'm hoarding it all now.

Edit:
RcBMaLl.jpg

Delayed the chain to match when my USBs were going off. Goes from like 95% in the one chain.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Did both d240 and d280 first tries. Stacked on dps and support but I really need a last stand.

Rikku USB1, Tidus USB, Auron USB2, Lulu USB.

d240 was Yuna with SSB and d280 was Elarra.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
240 down with Tidus and Co. Haven't tried the 280 yet but i'll probably have to swap Yuna for Elarra. BSB doesn't seem like it'll cut it.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Hey, first try got 19 seconds on yunalesca. Should be able to topple 280.

That will let me get another ability. We are expecting to get enhance raid free, yes?

Oct 25, 2017
Daily draw unique basch axe. Guess that's a rainbow shard down the road.

Easily sub 30d torment x 240 and 280 haven't tackled the ???? Yet. Bought storm assault and to r4 and now need 20 rubies to buy the witch spell and be up to date on all crucible abilities.

Influx of legend motes, dives in prep for ix and xi. At 59 now with motes for 4 more, shortage of wisdom motes right now.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
As you all may or may not know, I don't normally bother with the D??? fights after Jenova.

But I figured my X team was decent and I sub-30'd the D240/D280 with little trouble (which, in my limited experience, is a good indicator of how well I'll do on the D???) so I thought I'd give D??? Yunalesca a try. I was in the bathroom and not enough stamina to do a full daily anyway.

First try, 62%. No checking script or changing my team from D280.

Tidus (LM2+LMR): R3 Sapphire Shot, R4 Sapphire Bullet, Scholar's Boon (USB1), double water boost
Wakka: R3 Entrust, R5 Wrath, Ace Striker (USB1 - didn't use), one water boost
Rikku (LM1+LM2): R4 Flash Disaster, Shellga song, Mako Might (CSB/BSSB2)
Paine (LM1+LM2): R4 Torrent Spellstrike, R3 Water Quadstrike, Swd DMG+30%, double water boost
Yuna: R2 Hastega, R4 Curada, Gathering Storm (BSSB2/SSB2)

Major Dark resist on Rikku, holy resist on everyone else.

Magicite: Geo (+L15 ATK boon/L15 Empower Water), Necrophobe (+L10 Dark Resist), Seraph (+L10 Holy Resist), Famfrit (+L8 Blade Ward/L8 HP Boon), Evrae (+L8 HP Boon)

I suspect that, thanks to the magicite deck, this initially wasn't as bad as I was fearing. IN fact, I was cruising along until I Wakka got hit with Mind Blast which KOed him early, so I never got to use his USB1. He only got to entrust a bit of bar to Yuna for early BSSb2 and that's it. Yuna was keeping up with the healing, and SSB2 is actually pretty nice after BSSb2 with Seraph (7000+ healing). But without mitigation, Incubus Ultima at the start of Phase 3 wrecked me. Only Tidus and Paine survived, Paine bit it to Chain Water after, though Tidus lasted another two turns and did another 250,000 damage or so since her slotted attacks whiffed. I would have died to Incubus Hellbiter anyway, but Sap got me before that happened.

Anyway, pretty encouraging. I know I can go further, but I don't intend to revisit the fight any time soon. At least I know that I'm in "okay" shape for this realm.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I've had great quantity luck with the daily draw, and am up to nineteen relics pulled, including back-to-back hits yesterday and today. Unfortunately, quality has been pretty bad, with only a handful of those being useful. I'd trade half of those relics for a decent disco.

Total 19/93

Relics Obtained by rarity:

1*: 8
2*: 20
3*: 26
4*: 20
5*: 18
6*: 1

5*+ Relics obtained (in order):

Day 3: Curilla SSB
Day 10: Minwu SSB (dupe)
Day 14: CoD BSSB1
Day 17: Jecht BSSB2
Day 23: Irvine BSSB2 (dupe, albeit a rare fire+ gun)
Day 27: Shantotto USB
Day 30: Rapha BSSB
Day 35: Fujin BSSB (dupe)
Day 52: Minwu Unique
Day 62: Iris SSB
Day 64: Shelke SSB (dupe)
Day 68: Fujin Chakram Shared-SB
Day 71: Cyan Unique (dupe)
Day 72: Gilgamesh Unique (dupe)
Day 76: Ayame BSSB (dupe)
Day 80: VII Dragon Claw no-SB Unique
Day 90: Gladiolus BSSB (dupe)
Day 92: Auron LMR1
Day 93: Xezat BSSB (Ice+ helm)

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Nice work Shin!

As for me, I CM'ed the trials or whatever it was called. Exception was Xande needed last stand so had to bring outside source. Pretty hard staying alive without Last Stand or Magic blink.

Also tons of 5* motes and not sure who I want to use them on. Don't have anybody screaming for attention. Also have about 300 rubies but other than maybe chain firaja, nothing I may use them on.

Lol my phone wanted to autocorrect firaja to Curaja.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I get those magicite together and I basically have the same team, just swap Paine for Auron with USB1/BSB. I might give d??? A shot after all.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Looking ahead to ff9 Torment (to figure out if I want to dive someone)... it's looking rough.

Vivi USB! Zidane USB! Beatrix USB!
.....and that's it.

Have Garnet BSB (both of them) so could bring her for the 610 she can provide. Eiko of course comes to heal, but only have her BSB. Then a couple SSBs for other characters. So going to look ahead to the IX Banner and see if I should* pull or not. Will link here for anybody who wants to look at it a week early.

*well beside the fact that I "should" be saving for AASBs.

Edit: Ok FFIX Banner looks like a nope from me. Good luck to you though Adept. Disappointing because I don't want to dive Garnet or Eiko. The 3 USB holders up above already are dove. I guess they'll just have to dps it down while Garnet helps Eiko heal (instead of being a Summoner). Perhaps Elarra can get me a Sub 30 on that d280.

FFIX Torment Bait Banner Next Thursday/Sunday

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Banner 2 is good if you want Eiko USB, Vivi USB, and I think someone elses. The "classics" although a bit of a reach to call it that. Kuja USB I think on it also so not bad.

Banner 1 is all the new stuff and Marcus (lol) gear, but 2 still the better banner in my opinion. I guess Banner 1 gets all/most of your mythril.

That $10/1000 gem special in Japan that Reddit is talking about is interesting though. For those that haven't read about it yet, you get 1 AOSB and 1 USB (Same person) and the Healing USB of that realm. So for example if you choose FF1, You get WoL AOSB and USB, plus Sarah's USB. Also the banner is BSB or better only. Will have to see where I need to fill torment holes the most when it gets to over here.

Edit: For comparison on the gil WarAdept, I am at 127,034,391 so you have nearly triple I do. I reforged a weapon or two in the last few months, but I can't think of anything else I did to spend gil (or anything I did to earn gil). What are you at Random Painted Highway ? I had to stare/squint to read mine.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sitting on 361,994,336 Gil and I haven't done any Gil farming. I don't have many reforged items and I only or exchange when I need to, and outside of that there really isn't much to spend it on.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Where did all my money go? Oh I remember I did spend a CRAZY amount almost a year ago Shattering a ton of abilities. Turns out that is expensive. I remember something like going broke while doing it.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yunalesca is awful.

So is Rikku.

d280 sub 30'd carried by virtue of Tidus and Elarra.

Only one high priority ability for me next batch: Lunar Ifrit. I'd love to us Warring Burst and Heat Offering, but I don't have any good Fire Samurais or Machinists.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So.. I just got a free Rinoa USB1. With it, now I have 3 mage rank chases, Ashe USB, Krile USB and Rinoa USB.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Well Earth doesn't have Holy's problem of basically being restricted to only one physical school (Earth's Monk/Heavy/Knight/Spellblade/Ninja vs Holy's Knight), so I'd rather not make multiple copies of Dirt Sabre.

Yeah the plan is either GC + EB R5 or just make it simple and go ES R5.

(100 gem Yuna glint, what is this trash)

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gems - Tidus BSSB2

I know it's old for some of you, but this is new for me and it's something I've wanted since it came out a year ago. It's taken an entire year, but I finally completed Super Tidus (CSB/USB/OSB/BSSB2/LMR)! Yay!

Of course, SUper Tidus is old news now, since he now has Glint/USB2/AOSB, plus AASB on the horizon. BUt next year for that!

TIdus BSSB2 is also pretty much the last BSSB that I really wanted, so BSSB dream selects (though I've only spent one those maybe twice) are officially dead to me.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I did a pull in hopes of chain and really anything as I need synergy. Got wakka bsb. It works. Could have been much better but it's new. Should help with torment clear.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
100 gems - Tidus BSSB2

I know it's old for some of you, but this is new for me and it's something I've wanted since it came out a year ago. It's taken an entire year, but I finally completed Super Tidus (CSB/USB/OSB/BSSB2/LMR)! Yay!

Of course, SUper Tidus is old news now, since he now has Glint/USB2/AOSB, plus AASB on the horizon. BUt next year for that!

TIdus BSSB2 is also pretty much the last BSSB that I really wanted, so BSSB dream selects (though I've only spent one those maybe twice) are officially dead to me.

This prompted me to look at what my Super Tidus has. To me Super Squall is LMR/BSB2 and Super Tidus is some combination of CSB/USB/LMR. Either way they dominate.

My Tidus has CSB, USB, OSB, BSB1, BSB2, LMR, and Swiftform Unique. I'd take the AOSB if handed to me, but I'll never chase it. Oh, and I could use Glint I guess.

Oct 30, 2017
FF9 torment is next? I still have nothing for Eiko, so I'll probably have to sub an off record healer and skip D??? attempts for a bit.

Haven't tried D??? Yunalesca yet. She kind of does a lot of damage in D280, so I'm a bit scared.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Woah woah woah I've got time to sink into FFRK this weekend (been emptying stamina on black crystal daily without checking, and still overflowing maybe once a day)

Gotta get through:

Bahamut conga line
Gift dungeons (lol)
Tickets for mega dungeon
Finish water deck, do both fire magicites + start working on fire decks
FFXV (lol) torment onwards
Refining prev. torments and knocking out VIII/VII with upgrades off gem select banners
Maybe grabbing start dash for VI and then seeing how that works (I had 0 FFVI USBs)

edit: I've definitely missed two weeks of stamina pots off greens shop. Oops.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
my low class poor taste glint jokes are failing miserably, lol.

Morning Folks. Still have the d260 from the event to do, nothing else really unless want to farm magicite/crystals. Surprisingly have like 300 Spi and Wis motes and not sure who I want to dive. Lulu maybe for double blm.

Edit: wanted to add after the fact that the d220 was harder for me than the d260. Only thing about d260 is the very final 5%. Bring Hastega to both to handle slows and dispels.

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Got Terra's OSB from the Daily today! I think that's my first 6* Daily pull. First non-garbage pull in weeks at least, though i'm not keeping exact track like some of you. Last couple rainbows i got before this were old-ass 5* no-sb or shared-sb crap so it's nice to finally get something somewhat worthwhile.

I sub-30'd the d240/d280 XIV Torments easily, still not touching DWhale with a 10 ft pole even though there's some realms i could probably get 50% or better. Haven't done the X Torment at all yet.

I cleared Xande in the CT easily with my phys earth team. Haven't done the other CT fights yet but they should be easy.

Other than the MP raids, not doing the X event until after Power Up Full Open ends next week.

Oct 25, 2017
I hit 68 on yunalesca my first real attempt and scrounged enough rubies to buy my last ability, lunatic thunder.

Does anyone use lunatic thunder here? I have Shan with us aand legend dived. Does one use the chain ga to build meter and then switch over after USB or is gathering storm or what.

Also I never realized that on the create screen you can see what skills each character can use. Not terribly useful for me at this point, but neat nonetheless.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't done the X torment yet, pulled Garland SSB on the daily draw today, which is a thing I guess.

Need to make up ground and do 4 magicite dungeons before today ends to get that 3 mythril. This year with all it's craziness needs to end lol.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I haven't done the X torment yet, pulled Garland SSB on the daily draw today, which is a thing I guess.

Need to make up ground and do 4 magicite dungeons before today ends to get that 3 mythril. This year with all it's craziness needs to end lol.

You saw about the auto battle function coming right? That would be awesome for you right now if you set it up to take out a 3* or 4* magicite.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
You saw about the auto battle function coming right? That would be awesome for you right now if you set it up to take out a 3* or 4* magicite.

I heard about it, but didn't look into it. Is it like setting up a macro or something? Sounds interesting and could be a great time saver for sure.

Just thinking about my X team composition means i'll have to bring an outside healer as Yuna's bsb2 won't be fast enough to keep up with heals I think. Did 100 gem pull on the X banner, same old 3* as usual.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I brought both Elarra and Yuna to my d280 sub 30.

There's a point where Yunalesca does something like Ultima > Hellbiter around 30% or so, and I needed to queue up double medicas to survive.