• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I heard about it, but didn't look into it. Is it like setting up a macro or something? Sounds interesting and could be a great time saver for sure.

Just thinking about my X team composition means i'll have to bring an outside healer as Yuna's bsb2 won't be fast enough to keep up with heals I think. Did 100 gem pull on the X banner, same old 3* as usual.

Kind of like a macro, more akin to a very simple version of FFXII's gambit system.

Basically you have more buttons you can use once you toggle the AUTO function, which allow the game to automatically use leftmost skills, alongside with RW's and the leftmost Soul Break if they're available.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, looks like my team can actually sub30 Marilis with some luck. A chain would probably make it more consistent though

joAXto0.jpg

edit:

Found a way to make this a very consistent sub30.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finally! 3rd 5* down!

Featuring the oft neglected talents of Desch and Matoya.

Would you look at that. Vivi + Palom team = can't beat. Desch + Matoya = very comfortable victory.

38hoWOfl.jpg

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
RPH:

I would use Lunatic Thunder since I have Shantotto USB/LMR1, but since Geo is already my fastest and most stable 5* magicite sub-30 clear with Hell Thunder (~24 seconds), I see no reason to craft it right now. Maybe when XI Torment drops...

I finally did my selects for USB/LMR - OK mUSB and Terra, respectively. Was waiting to see if daily draw would give them to me for free, but no dice. Hopefully RNG doesn't shit on me and give them to me for free now.

Concerning the FFX event, D??? Torment team (TIdus/Wakka/Rikku/Paine/Yuna) = squish for the D260 CM/D220/D180 CM. RW Tyro USB3 for all. Anima only got a couple counters and Apocalypse Oblivion x 2 before going down. Apocalypse Oblivion hurts though; eating those back to back would have been a party wipe if I wasn't carrying double L8 HP Boons in my deck; as it is, only lost Wakka but would not have survive another attack. Shiva only got to cast Haste and Slowga before going down. The Magus Sisters were a bunch of chumps (Ultima doing 1000 damage before I could use any debuffs = LOL).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Oof. Can't hone curada because that will put a dent in my enhance raid honing plans.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Finally! 3rd 5* down!

Featuring the oft neglected talents of Desch and Matoya.

Would you look at that. Vivi + Palom team = can't beat. Desch + Matoya = very comfortable victory.
Adept, how is that even possible? I have Desch USB. He's not even in my lineup.

Oof. Can't hone curada because that will put a dent in my enhance raid honing plans.

I agree with Ahnez although I do favor healing spells in this game more than most it seems. A late answer to your inquiry about Curada the other day, I ran at rank 3 when everybody was at rank 2 and still getting by just fine with Ultra Cure. I took it to rank 4 before there was a need during 4* magicite, but come 5* magicite I took it to rank 5 with no regrets. These 5* magicite fights are incredibly long. I think it's the most important r5 spell. The correct answer assuming infinte amount of time and resources is get Curada to at least rank 4, and then farm a zillion Crystals before the end of this week when fest is over to get Enhance Raid up to r3 or r4 immediately.

Also, side note to Enhance raid, it's amazing and we're all going to craft it, but seeing as it's holy, we are still months away before needing it (since you cleared Hades already).

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Adept, how is that even possible? I have Desch USB. He's not even in my lineup.

There were 4 major things that was stopping me from beating Geo despite having m150 lightning chain when I first tried:

• I didn't have a good OSB to dispel Savage (or so I thought), so I was doing way less damage. Can't kill Quetz
  • NulShock screwed my damage + gauge generation over. I tried using Garnet's BSB2 in conjunction with CSB, but it turned into several seconds of dead zones where no chain was up.
  • When I last tried, I didn't have Elarra. Had to run around with poverty Eiko
  • OK was Entrusting to Eiko 24/7, so his mUSB Sage EX was wasted

...then someone gave me the idea that I can dispel Savage with OK's OSB.

Desch is pretty alright, Imperil's are amazing on 5*'s and giving QC3 to the party means I don't have to lug around ACM.

Matoya is fantastic under chain conditions in general (that and I chose her over Palom because I didn't feel like crafting more Chain Thundaga's since both Desch + OK now wield Black Magic).

I'll try it with Vivi + Palom again sometime and see what times I get.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
There were 4 major things that was stopping me from beating Geo despite having m150 lightning chain when I first tried:
Leet Strats

Who pointed out your OK OSB?

Ya, it's interesting how much imperils have helped with 5* when they were hardly a factor in 3* and soso in 4*. I am taking a wait and see approach with Mateus, but I guess I may need to go craft the fire offering or work a fire imperil soul break in somewhere. I haven't gotted rid of King Bomb yet, but that was the plan so.. now I'm conflicted. I hate it when things don't fit into neat boxes.

Edit: What did you get Hours Left? I can't see! lol

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly enough, I noticed that PHYS is on a chain character can break savage in a pinch - I think I experimented with Tidus and Kain and they both did around just north of 10k

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Is there any bsb worth doing a select on?

How's squall bsb2 hold up these days? We all know my ice game is weak.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Did a lot of stuff.

Took Lunatic Thunder to rank 4.
Created Chain Firaja, took it to rank 4.
Dove Larsa, Lulu, and Ignis.

Well I guess it wasn't that much, just seemed it because the black crystals took a few hours while doing other stuff.

Gave my PS4 to my son. This will be the first time in many years I haven't had a real console or handheld. All in on the iPad. The one you can find for $250-300 is a great deal, great product.

Still have my computer. It is barely stronger than a PS4 at this point. Not sure it would surpass a Pro. Ah well never enough time in the day when you play something like this.

Oct 25, 2017
Did a lot of stuff.

Took Lunatic Thunder to rank 4.
Created Chain Firaja, took it to rank 4.
Dove Larsa, Lulu, and Ignis.

Well I guess it wasn't that much, just seemed it because the black crystals took a few hours while doing other stuff.

Gave my PS4 to my son. This will be the first time in many years I haven't had a real console or handheld. All in on the iPad. The one you can find for $250-300 is a great deal, great product.

Still have my computer. It is barely stronger than a PS4 at this point. Not sure it would surpass a Pro. Ah well never enough time in the day when you play something like this.

Lulu is so powerful in this new torment, she easily deals more damage than my tidus who is ridiculously stacked.

How do you use lunatic thunder-ability pairing. Do you have shantottos lmr?

How old is your son? Mine is 7.5 and we have a communal switch, but he's in my pc way more with Fortnite Robles and Minecraft.

Shadow780

Nov 16, 2017
Was having the hardest time deciding between Vivi / Palom / Tyro USB3 for the final day of Dream Pull, and then this morning:

QYAuK2n.jpg

Went with Tyro USB3 and his LMR at the end.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Went ahead and did bsb select because I wanted squall bsb2 both for magicite and torment.

Ended up 1/11 on the actual pull getting galuf ssb. Invulnerable strats!

Oct 25, 2017
Went ahead and did bsb select because I wanted squall bsb2 both for magicite and torment.

Ended up 1/11 on the actual pull getting galuf ssb. Invulnerable strats!

Squalls bsb is still really nice even now. Good choice.

I chose snows bsb2 with that one for the xiii torment, though I haven't tried it again! Trying to find gap fillers for torments with my choices until better usbs are pulled.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Shantotto, Lulu, Son, MisterP

Shantotto has just recently worked her way into my heart with her AOSB, USB, and full dive (when got USB). Before that she was dead weight who hit the chain button and then got out of the way of Ashe. I haven't tried out her double witch and 6* yet. But when I go back and try to Sub-30, she'll be there. I haven't given any thought to what else she would bring, probably the 5* version of the same spell since they got buffed. The current new plan is to take her and Ashe, and bring two entrusters and make sure Shantotto gets CSB followed by USB up immediately. I may give Shantotto Voltech to help her build chain really quickly and then once USB off, double cast Lunatic. This would be under the assumption that I'm killing fast enough that rank4 Chain Thundaja (and Valigarmanda at start) don't run out for Ashe.

Lulu has such a fun USB. I was hesitant to dive her because Rinoa already dove, and I have Vivi and O Knight waiting to pair with Rinoa, and I also had Serah USB/BSB/LMR wanting to drafted. That's going to be a big Entrust cost as well. Getting Rinoa CSB and USB up but keeping Lulu fed with repeated Instant Casts. I thank you again for pointing out to me how powerful/fast that can be. Not alot of people seem to have her USB.

Son turned 14 in September. He wrote out a want list for Christmas and had the PS4 on it I was already considering giving him the PS4 but hadn't because it would be permanent. Plus I couldn't understand why he would want it since he already had an X1X and all his friends/CoD/Fortnite people are on Xbox. But I guess he wants to play God of War, Dragon Quest 11, and a few others. He mostly plays Ark Evolved. Not much CoD/Battlefield these days. Plays Fortnite but not as much as the rest of the world, and then single player here and there. His main thing for the last few years though has been Ark and Destiny. The Roblox phenomenon blows my mind.

It really saddens me to lose MisterP. I know Enlir is the Dr. Mog and Reddit's savior but MisterP was my home resource when I first broke down and said "well let me check the internet, it's just a mobile game but I'm sure someone has some tips out there" and when I found his eBook and that it was free, I was blown away. That guide taught me SO much before I even found this community and was further educated by the fine folks here.

RoP when? Squall BSB2

Parade - No one seems to know for sure. But as you suspected, should be this upcoming week or the week after for sure. Squall BSB2 is one of probably about 10 BSBs (not counting medicas) that are still relevant in the world of dWhales and 5* magicite. Well I hope it's relevant for the upcoming Wind magicite anyway. The first people killing Tiamat all hard Squalls.

Was having the hardest time deciding between Vivi / Palom / Tyro USB3 for the final day of Dream Pull, and then this morning:
Sup Stranger. Nice pull, that worked out well for you. How is your Tifa doing, I imagine you already had Tifa USB1? Tyro with USB3 and LMR is a lot of fun. It's one of those things where you can't tell someone to take it over Vivi USB in good faith, but if they have it, it's like the best QoL improvement. I'm always happy if I can find a way to work it in since sometimes Tyro is hard to work into a magicite battle. Someone on Reddit pointed out how well it pairs with Gen2 chains.

Edit: WarAdept - I'm wrapping up fest and with big goals taken care of, I'm looking at my 5* abilities that I want to take to rank 3 or maybe even 4 while the getting is good. Things I never use but might some day like Spark/Icicle rush, Earth Sabre etc. So this leads me to Bio Grenade. You're usually a forward/future thinker on this stuff, plus my head associates that ability with you ever since you commented on the animation/sound effect discrepancy. I'm thinking it's time to finally shatter it, but I keep holding out hope that Poison will be relevant and I'll be the one guy who's ready. Plus double machinist? Meanwhile I have NEVER used Bio Grenade seriously.

Everybody/Anybody Else -- What do you think one copy each of Dark Zone and Reaping Scythe or just make second copies of Dire Heal and Dread Weapon? (I don't use the doom counter abilities although I know they're probably best). I guess I'm feeling wild with my message formatting today.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I use Bio Grenade for quick farming if there happens to be a machinist in the party. I'm still a touch wary of poison as there has been some recent SBs in Japan which deal that type of damage. But then again, it's AoE so it'll never truly be used in proper fights.

As for Darkness, Demon Cross and Necrofear (the 6* abilities) are so strong, it's worth holding out for those.

Only have one copy of Dire Heal/Dread Weapon/Dark Zone/Sanguine Cross myself.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
^^ Ahh, alright, thanks tips buddy. Will just keep doing some unfocused 5* ability orb farming, and go work on these Artifacts for Opera Omnia some more. Almost done with Chapter 10. This is what a mobile player does with his gaming free time when the Wife is at a 3 hour hair appointment.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle

I see what you did there...

Edit: Alright, I'm officially done farming with this fest. I wasn't doing it at all whole fest because did so much last one and trying to save mythril but went ahead on spree last 48 hours. Spent 27 mythril and I'm done. Back to maintenance mode and neglecting magicite farming and d$$$ torment attempts.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Slowly getting caught up - thanks friz898.

Finished off the new record dungeons, that stupid cardamom Bahamut fight (earth team - bartz, Tifa, Aerith and Ingus chain)

Caught up on all my ticket farms - spent 90% of them on black crystals.

Went back and tried the XII d??? And got to 50% so that was nice. Can't sub 30 the d280 X Torment just yet though.

Crafted Dark Valefor (honestly thought it would be Dark element....but Wind? Ok I'll take it. )

Still need to find an ice chain though, I feel that not having one will seriously hamper my 5* magicite game. All I need is one!

Losing Enlir will be a big blow to the community, but I'm sure someone else will step in as big as those shoes may be.

Im glad the fest is over now. Always feels like a grind during this time.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ya End game is a lot of work. It was like we were all cruising for a while with nothing to do except Sunday night final battles and multiplayer and then bam bam bam Torment, Magicite, Events, and Two Fests back to back.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Wish there was a way to get 3* motes. Its what hamstrings me the most.

Decided to do the crystal tower. Could instantly tell my power was creeping because the only fight I took 5 characters to was xande. And boy did he have a lot of hp.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Disco daily!

Ysh USB.....

New but it's reputation precedes it. At least it has good stats and is +10 mnd. I can retire her unique to the vault.

Second disco daily after a dupe WoL USB.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
It's actually usefully for the XIV Torment since the Shield effect isn't Magic Barrier and actually works on Incubus Ultima if I remember right.

Wow. I knew there was a reason I watch this thread for things I may have missed.

Is this why I saw a thread on Reddit that said "Now that her USB isn't the worst anymore..."

I have that USB. I will have to re-look at this torment. There is a couple other soul breaks that have that shield effect.

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually usefully for the XIV Torment since the Shield effect isn't Magic Barrier and actually works on Incubus Ultima if I remember right.

I remember reading that. Will have to go back and see what the deal was. Ive also upgraded meltdown to chain firaja for pap, so may try again, I have a good time for that torment already, sub 50 iirc.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Lulu's BSB from the daily. Neat, I guess. This is the one where the BSB commands can be reflected, right?

Finally caught up on all the Record Dungeons now. These were pretty enjoyable at first and while I don't hate them per se, they really became a slog later on. Though I guess that's what happens when you put them off for so long.

Those optional fights, though... Normally I like a puzzle fight, but god damn. Everything is so restricted and it seems like you need to be incredibly specific with what and when to use abilities otherwise you are just boned. Got too frustrated with the XIII Anima fight and just followed a JP video to the letter to get it over with. Just aggressively anti-fun.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Which ever was the one where you had to do magic breakdown on one piece then either kill center or take out right side .. that was a bitch. On the record dungeon fights I mean.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finally beat all 3* magicite, ending with Dark... And what's up with insta KO? Are you supposed to be able to resist this with accessories? Restarted 10 times and never got a resist. I ended up bringing arise to make it through but it still sucked :/
Tried kraken to see what a 4* magicite was like and... wow this is gonna be hard. Maybe it's a good time to start looking at torment instead?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat all 3* magicite, ending with Dark... And what's up with insta KO? Are you supposed to be able to resist this with accessories? Restarted 10 times and never got a resist. I ended up bringing arise to make it through but it still sucked :/
Tried kraken to see what a 4* magicite was like and... wow this is gonna be hard. Maybe it's a good time to start looking at torment instead?
Shadow Dragon's Black Fang is auto-hit Death. Theres no way to resist it

But you can skip it with enough DPS. If you can bring him down to 80% hp before ~10s, he wont use the first black fang

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017

Congrats on the 3* completion! Definitely look at toment. Some nice abilities you'll be able to get.

Anyone have any tips for d??? Bahamut?

I need to bring wall to survive, and 2 dps, but can't slot two healers gahhh.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Full Nines:

I believe there was an update that made it so that the few reflectable BSSB commands are no longer reflectable.

Jux:

As stated, Black Fang is Auto-Hit which means it cannot be blocked no matter what. You can skip it if you inflict 110,000 damage before 10.5 seconds. And you should be wearing Dark resist accessories against Shadow Fang anyway.

240 Torments are generally considered easier than 4* magicite. BUT having 4* magicite decks will help tremendously with those fights (and they're mandatory for the higher difficulties). But you can pick a realm you're strong in and give it a try, and don't forget you can bring up to 3 outside characters with no penalty for D240.

However, before moving to 4* magicites, it is recommended to get a L99 of Mom Bomb, Wendigo, Earth Dragon, Hydra, Shadow Dragon, Enkidu and Unicorn.

Anustart:

Which D??? Bahamut? From the Cardia Islands event? If you can't DPS it down, bring stacking magic debuffs. Most stuff is piercing magic so Wall/Shellga will help very little. Time Biggs/Wedge RW during the countdowns.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thx for the advice guys. I will definitely take a look at torment then.
I also plan on finishing up the important 3* indeed. Already done good progress on that (ffrkompanion is a tremendous help for that!) but earth and wind are going to be a bitch though as I still can't beat them super reliably :(

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Thx for the advice guys. I will definitely take a look at torment then.
I also plan on finishing up the important 3* indeed. Already done good progress on that (ffrkompanion is a tremendous help for that!) but earth and wind are going to be a bitch though as I still can't beat them super reliably :(

It's not easy for sure. There is no telling how many people lurk by this thread, or don't even use resetera yet find it through a google search about the game, or have already tried it and quit because either: 1. This game is too easy and simple (and thus boring) at the beginning. Or the play longer and right about the time they reach the point where you need to know certain things to progress, they decide the game is too hard, or unfair, poorly designed, or simply made to be a cash grab.

I know I thought that when Nightmare dungeons first came out. I'm like oh ya, ok, they sucked me in with easy stuff, and now they have me so invested they expect me to spend money to keep playing. I was really close to quitting at Nightmare release. It was around that time that I checked for any help online and really learned how this game works at the upper level. This is one reason why I like helping people when I can.

Everybody else: I wanted to take a second to express gratitude and say how much I enjoy when all of you post and share accomplishments or start up a discussion. This community thread is the first one that I've stayed in longer than a week because they're usually flying by so much you can't even get dialog going, or its the other extreme and it's a ghost town. Then the FFRK community became an aftherthought to check after the main board and it had "graduated" in importance to me that I even gave it - its own link on daily sites to check. Slowly but surely it became my main source of any type of online social media really. I havne't used FB in years although I still have a semi-updated one, and I post on the main message board rarely. It's been a pleasure letting out the closet-dork and talking about this game with the fine folks here.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Funny you should talk about that friz898 because when I first quit it was because of this very reason. I remember hitting nightmare and thinking "wow this is way too hard, I'm never gonna make it".
Decided to come back a few months ago and I was very happy to find such a nice and helping community to help get through the harder stuff. Hopefully I won't burn out again but for now I've been making steady progress so it should be all right :)