• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I knew there was a reason I watch this thread for things I may have missed.

Is this why I saw a thread on Reddit that said "Now that her USB isn't the worst anymore..."

I have that USB. I will have to re-look at this torment. There is a couple other soul breaks that have that shield effect.

Y'sh USB hasn't been the worst since Haurchefant's came around.

Shield is a more useful effect now that there are things only it can block. It's fairly clear the devs realized they had overvalued it significantly.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
It's about time.

b180382001e8c716f20c02206fc3b517.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I need to hold strong whenever rop drops because I get so discouraged by poor pulls and that's about what I pull Everytime, so it will be discouraging if I pull as they become available, because out of the 17 pulls I only expect to get something I like maybe twice.

Got Refia to 99 today. Not that I need another fire user because I'm swimmingg in them, but it was the last character I had with a usb to get to 99. Now what?

Edit: few more days and I'll have gone 1/30 on daily draw.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Well there it is, my very first sub 30 on a 5* without the usual DPS suspects.

This is totally a one off though, and super reliant on everyone to get mega wcasts during the time Geo ain't in Savage mode (which is a grand total of 2-3 seconds).

Screenshot_20181204-132043.png

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Well there it is, my very first sub 30 on a 5* without the usual DPS suspects.

This is totally a one off though, and super reliant on everyone to get mega wcasts during the time Geo ain't in Savage mode (which is a grand total of 2-3 seconds).

Screenshot_20181204-132043.png

Congrats, I'm hoping I can get that done with my more conventional crew.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
hi im back

- Cleared out magicites (Phoenix is somehow a more stable sub30 than Geos, probably swapping to it for Arcana farm)
- Cleared d280s, made a bunch of 6* abilities
- 70% (pending, lol) on FFXII d??? using a cheese 2-healer strat with no boostga/faithga

I'm caught up outside of Realm dungeons, which I'm waiting for next 1/2 campaign for

thoughts:
- Probably can do a clean 3/3 mastery of existing d??? Torments if I figure out a way to cheese FFXV
- Probably can chip away at the others w/ 6* ability upgrades, improve time on FFIV, FFV and FFT and possibly clear FFVII, FFVIII
- Record dungeons turned into an absolute chore pretty fast, lol
- Saving Mythril till Ability Double banner
- I'm also probably set for all magicite other than Syldra which remains a ?
- Magicite decks are (relatively) in shambles - need to tighten up my water game and then build all Fire decks completely before Ice comes out since I don't have a Fire chain and will be brute-forcing them.

Interest in the game sorely waned after last fest + realm pulls were as much of a bomb as the one before it, coupled with impending 4A powercreep and apparently nothing much to use said powercreep on even months later, but I'll stick around

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Interest in the game sorely waned after last fest + realm pulls were as much of a bomb as the one before it, coupled with impending 4A powercreep and apparently nothing much to use said powercreep on even months later, but I'll stick around

Watch me go ballistic come Saturday when I spend ~750 mithril chasing IX relics. That'll be enough RK entertainment

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Man Bahamut VI looks so much cooler than Bahamut V.

Too bad the multiplier of VI's is somehow worse than V's.

Bahamut VI's multiplier should be identical to Bahamut V multiplier.

It's the SB generation that's worse. For some reason, Bahamut VI didn't get the SB buff that almost all other 5* and 6* abilities got, including Bahamut V.So Bahamut VI is strictly worse than Bahamut V.

Falk:

AASBs are there for the more common folk to beat or get better times on D???? fights. I'm not expecting the game to have the next difficulty (D500) before X-Mas Fest or, at the latest, January. Don't forget that T2 only started in JPN last January, so it's time for the next Big Thing. Though I'm hoping it's not another year long campaign like T2 basically was, but that might just be me.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Bahamut VI's multiplier should be identical to Bahamut V multiplier.

It's the SB generation that's worse. For some reason, Bahamut VI didn't get the SB buff that almost all other 5* and 6* abilities got, including Bahamut V.So Bahamut VI is strictly worse than Bahamut V.

Falk:

AASBs are there for the more common folk to beat or get better times on D???? fights. I'm not expecting the game to have the next difficulty (D500) before X-Mas Fest or, at the latest, January. Don't forget that T2 only started in JPN last January, so it's time for the next Big Thing. Though I'm hoping it's not another year long campaign like T2 basically was, but that might just be me.

I knew it was inferior somehow, but there you go. Bad SB generation.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Man, can't figure out what I'm missing with siren. Have exdeath with brave usb, fully dived, raines with usb fully dived and CID 12 fully dived. Can't even get close.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
There is no Cid from XII available as a unit. Did you mean Vayne or Gabranth? Perhaps I misread.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Anustart: Are you Dispeling her Regen/Haste?

Also, this is one fight where Elarra USB is at a bit of a disadvantage, depending on when you want to cast it. Siren has an attack that inflicts Poison, which will overwrite Regenga. It's still great, though; just need to either time it appropriately (i.e. after the poison attack) or have an entruster.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Just beat FF7 D240. Wasn't super straightforward for me :/

Having to bring dispel/breaks/prot/shell and still manage to do decent dps wasn't that easy. This thing hits hard.
Side node: Poisoning attacks sucks when you use Elarra USB indeed!

Follow up question: What kind of torment ability should I try to make first? I was under the impression that multi element stuff like voltech was interesting?

Oct 25, 2017
Voltech and the two combo spellblades.

Then magic, then spell blades prioritizing characters.

Then usb dependent. Fire/earth monk, water/wind summoner etc. Lesser the thief unless you have a really strong one of a type.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Follow up question: What kind of torment ability should I try to make first? I was under the impression that multi element stuff like voltech was interesting?

The multi element stuff is usually recommended first just because it's so versatile. So Voltech first, Blastspell and Stormspell Strike are good second choices. After that just go for whatever abilities fit your needs.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys finally I got my account approved! First of all, thank you for all the tips! In about 6 months I've gone from starting an account to clearing almost all magicites! I've been wondering tho; it seems I still have some time to go until I can farm Evrae I see a lot of people suggest Evrae for my 4th and 5th slot. Until I get them, any suggestions? Maybe Isgebind for Physical Teams?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hey guys finally I got my account approved! First of all, thank you for all the tips! In about 6 months I've gone from starting an account to clearing almost all magicites! I've been wondering tho; it seems I still have some time to go until I can farm Evrae I see a lot of people suggest Evrae for my 4th and 5th slot. Until I get them, any suggestions? Maybe Isgebind for Physical Teams?

We had a discussion about magicites, inheritance and the general grind of them a couple of pages back if you want to read some of it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-record-keeper-ot-renewal-era.997/page-192

As for your question, you can farm a 2nd Evrae if you want, but I find that in the majority of hard content, it's difficult to even slot in one.

Depends on how you do your inheritance passives.

Isgebind is fine for Physical Ice teams.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
For general physical teams, either Isgebind or Silver Dragon are the best due to stats. I Inherited Deadly Strikes onto mine (though if you aren't running a OP Cloud, Precise Strikes would probably be better).

I ran double Evrae for everything until 5* magicites came out. I ran them with L8 Fast Cast and L5 HP Boon inherited. Generally worked great, even if the damage boost from the second Evrae doesn't kick in if you aren't at 10,000+ HP. But in 5* magicite and D???, yeah - most I can fit in is one (usually the HP Boon one, now with L8 HP Boon, if I don't have double HP Boons otherwise).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Gonna put some time in tonight on siren. I need to be crushed by 5*.

Got siren close, and really only thing I needed was ignis to pack wrath and entrust, switched him over to that now I can't keep her from killing my dps.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
This post isn't showing up right for me. I'm not sure if it's on my end, or more likely related to the board overhaul. It's suppose to be a simple multi-quote with two comments in between. Anyway, to make sure right people see it, Man Called Aerodynamics , WarAdept , JG_Lionheart.

Hey guys finally I got my account approved! First of all, thank you for all the tips! In about 6 months I've gone from starting an account to clearing almost all magicites!/QUOTE]

Glad the forum has helped.

We had a discussion about magicites, inheritance and the general grind of them a couple of pages back if you want to read some of it:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-record-keeper-ot-renewal-era.997/page-192

I see what someone else was referring to when they couldn't follow my link from this thread. It was either jux or exodus I think, maybe someone else, but based on messages per page or whatever, it doesn't link up right. When I click on your link, it just takes me to top of this page (for me) staring at Ahnez talking about Maliris Sub 30. For reference, this post here is on page 98 for me. I started giving the actual post number if that helps you any. I think I know what you're talking a bout though, is it where we were talking about double Evraes?

BTW Man Called Aerodynamics -- How did the Interview go? I was under the impression you were making millions already.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
IX torment down, both sub 30. Not going to try the d??? Lol...

MAG debuff was key on 280 otherwise there's just too much DPS coming in. Legend dove Amarant lol, those heals that come off his trance is pretty amazing! Also got his USB from a daily draw a while back so that helps out in the dps department.

Vivi was obviously dps mvp though.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
He's definitely got a super unique Trance effect, that's for sure. USB ain't too shabby either.

Lacking a w-cast/chase hurts him a lot though.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Sub 30'd both 240 & 280 for the IX torment. Like was mentioned above some form of magic debuff is definitely recommended. I ended up using Elarra since Eiko's bsb couldn't keep up.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Also sub 30'd IX torment. Freya Eiko Beatrix Zidane Quina in those slots. Buff was Quina SSB and hastega with Eiko on Mako for USB at turn 4 so last stand goes online. Slots for Eiko and Zidane insured they tranced and Beatrix and Zidane went ham with USB and USB2. Freya atk/mag danced and multi break dance and Quina just rotated mag/power breakdowns. Got sub 30 on 3rd attempt when I fiddled with unit slots. i made sure I had a heal SB banked towards the latter half if the fight cuz back to back Doomsday's necessitated it.

Also did a 50 mythril pull for XIV 1 hoping for chain and got Alph glint/11 but he's my wind summoner now and he's already dived so just have to make dark valefor but holding off on that until I make 6* MCH fire imperil shot first as that will be a good upgrade for my fire team and Cid (XIV)

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the 240 and 280 FF9 Torment. Didn't put too much care of where I put my characters for this fight so that probably made it harder than it needed to be. Have some good relics here so with some tweaking I'm sure that I could do some damage against DWhale. (Zidane USB1 and 2, Amarant USB, Quina USB, Eiko USB) I should also buy Storm Assault.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Twiddling away at work, waiting to try to IX Torment when I get home...

EDIT: Surprise IX event over in JP. No new AASB's but Steiner is finally very very useable which makes me very happy.

Banner 1
Garnet UOSB: 3 OF thunder summon hits
Beatrix UOSB: 20+1 OF holy physical hits
Vivi USB3: 10 water/ice/thunder/NE hits, EX mode (buff self magic based on magic hones up to large) chase water/ice/thunder magic with 6 hits, end with 10 hits of water/ice/thunder/NE hits after mode ends
Steiner USB2: 10 hits fire/thunder/ice/NE, party instacast, attacks weakness with 6 hits of fire/thudner/ice/NE, buff damage of fire/thunder/ice by one
Amarant USB2: instant cast 10 hits fire/thunder/NE, imperil fire/thunder, instacast 2 monk abilities to self
Garnet thunder chain
Steiner realm chain
Garnet flash: instacast 6 thunder/NE summon, quick cast 2
Amarant flash: instacast enfire, next 2 moves crit 100%
Garnet lmr: en thunder at start of battle
Vivi lmr: buff black magic damage if equip rod
Steiner lmr: increase spellblade damage if equip sword
Amarant lmr: chance to double cast monk ability
Beatrix lmr: en holy at start of battle

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
It took me an hour to even beat the D240. Used Vivi (USB), GArnet (BSSB2), Beatrix (nothing), Eiko (BSSB), Kuja (BSSB1/LMR). I kept pushing phases too fast and kept eating Incubus Viral Smoke -> Incubus Doomsday -> dead. Managed to win in 17.56 eventually.

It took me an hour and 40 minutes to beat D280. Eventually dropped Beatrix for Freya (who has BSSB, but it's utterly useless in this fight) and debuff dances. Ran into the same problem really, where I couldn't get hastega back up after fucking Incubus Viral Smoke without someone dying. Eventually I got a good run, and was in good shape coming down to the end, but ran into Doomsday x2. Kuja was last man standing who managed to fire off a Dark Zone and win in exactly 30.00.

I managed to keep Kuja/Vivi both alive and scrape a 52% "victory" against D??? after an hour of trying.

Vivi (LM1+LM2)L R4 Chain Firaja, R4 Meltdown, Mag DMG+ RM (USB)
Garnet (LMR1): R3 Allegro Con Moto, R4 Valigarmanda, MM (SSB1/BSSB1/BSSB2)
Freya: R3 Enfeelbling Jittebug, R3 Heathen Frolic Sarabande, Ace Striker (no SB)
Eiko: R2 Hastega, R4 Curada, Gathering Storm (BSSB)
Kuja (LM2+LMR): R1 Hastega, R4 Dire Heal, Scholar's Boon (BSSB/OSB)

Magicites: Unicorn, Phoenix (+L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Famfrit (+L8 Blade Ward/L8 HP Boon), King Bomb (+L15 Mag Boon), Seraph (+L10 Dark Dampen)

Bio+Dark resist on Vii and Eiko, Major Bio resist on Freya, bio resist on everyone else, minour Dark resist on Kuja. I figured I'd be dead long before Incubus Doomsday showed up so prioritized Bio resist.

After having runs ending by not being able to get Hastega back up after Incubus Viral Smoke, I took the suggestion from someone on Discord to run more than one Hastega. And I was planning to shatter that second free copy we got recently, but it came in handy. It allowed Kuja to get Hastega up turn 1 while Eiko got to fire off a couple Curadas to offset some of the early damage.

Christ keeping people healthy in this fight without Eiko USB is hard. I thought Garnet BSSB2 had an AoE Heal + Summon command like Yuna, but it does not (at least, not one you can spam every turn). It's actually junk for healing. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that her BSSB2 is my only Faithga for the realm, I would have stuck to Garnet BSSB1, since that has a healing command + Esuna! It came in very handy for the second Incubus Viral Powder (Unicorn blocked the first one) when I got Eiko and Kuja back up. But I needed to re-up BSSB2 around the 35 second mark since Vivi's damage was tapering off. Otherwise, she used Allegro -> Vali when she could.

I had trouble getting Vivi into trance in this fight. Either too much or too little damage. eventually settled on tanking the first 2 attacks and defending for the next two. Vivi wasn't capping with chain Firaja until the chain count got fairly high, I'm rather disappointed. Probably should have put Scholar's Boon on him instead of Kuja.

Kuja put in good work. Initially was trying with MM+Dark Zone, but then I switched to the double Hastega setup to help later in the fight. Used DZ first, but then realised I should use Dire Heal instead because Eiko was under constant healing pressure.

Against D240 and in earlier D280 attempts, I used Beatrix, but she's so goddamn slow and I only got to use her SSB once, and by the time she got to use it all the unblinkable stuff started coming, and I only have her BSSB1 so I replaced her with Freya and dances to reduce incoming damage. I have Freya BSSB but didn't bother to use it. If I had another proper DPS I might be able to go further, BUT I fear that incoming damage.

I could also probably go much further if I dived everyone but... nah. Not feeling it. I'll wait until I have better options for the realm.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha yeah, this one definitely feels like it's asking you to dive characters because Ultimate Meteor across phase triggers gets to be a little too much without Last Stand.

I'm just gonna leave the d280 for now while waiting for RoP and a bunch of other things. Might go back on my previous statement about saving for Ability Double and just pull a couple of times on IX because I do like the cast and to be very frank I really couldn't be assed to min-max this game as it is anyway.

edit:

YXiZRuml.png

That makes for Geosgaeno, Phoenix and Belias sub30s- not feeling magicite enough to go attempt to sub30 KB/Quetz with new toys, and Ice is going to be a complete slog with no chain- will be relying on Machinist spam as a substitute but there's no way I'm sub30ing them regardless.

Oct 27, 2017
Got Kimahri's USB from the daily draw. It's my third elemental radiant shield but my first that I have a chain to go with. I'll probably will end up using it on the 5* magicite when I finally get around doing them.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Today is a good day.

d??? IX sub 30'd, Smash Bros Ultimate came out, got a (crappy) 5* hit on the daily pull.

Won't even be mad if I get rubbish on today's pulls.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah as Falk said, the Savage Meteors draining everyone to 10% of current HP and Haste dispelling Viral Smoke are basically a big red flag to those without Eiko's USB.

That and Incubus(savage?) Doomsday does a stupid amount of damage.