• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gem - 3* trash.

As for the event, used D??? Torment team (Vivi/Garnet/Freya/Kuja/Eiko) and burned down the D260 CM/D220/D180 CM. Used multi-element resist accessories but prioritzed lightning. RW OK mUSB on D260/180 (piercing attacks mostly, according to Dr. Mog) and Tyro USB3 on D220.

A note about D260: Use mage team, Dispel the Reflect, and just eat the Apocalypse Death. Hope he doesn't hit anyone important (my Garnet got hit) and/or keep HP high on everyone except the one you want to sacrifice, OG 3* magicite Shadow Dragon style, and just burn him down. He didn't even get to re-cast Reflect against me.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
100 gems - 3 star junk. Toss it on the pile. 1/22 in daily, 0/8 on 100 gem. What's the odds of a 5 star again? .05%?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
7AiwytA.png

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Daily pull - disco! What could it be?? A CSB??? OMG! It's the only chain I have so it's a dupe Greg :/

But it is a 6 star fire boost armor so not that bad. But it is heavy armor so not many can wear it blah.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I decided to pull because I've nothing for Eiko. Got what I needed, plus something extra.

3/11
Eiko Brave
Freya USB(2?)
Marcus LMR

Freya is my favorite character in FF9 and it bothered me that her story died at Cleyra.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
You would probably get them next pull.

Happy with anything you got?

In retrospect yes. I got everything on the banner sans Zidanes stuff, but his ASB and Glint come back on stronger banners

His Glint in particular is attached to the 4A banner with his AASB.

So I'm happy because as I know, Quina and Marcus's stuff doesn't repeat much.

but I totally want to use Zidanes ASB now

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
On 425 mithril after that IX carnage (which I totally didn't need because I beat the d??? fairly easily before the banners came out).

Is this what it feels like to be a whale?

I'll pull on RoP, Bomb Fest (whatever banner Vivis ASB/Glint is on) and maaaaaybe Gau/Wol banners because I love those characters so much.

But I honestly need to save for 4A for that chain banner because that's the biggest road block for me now. Having chains of only 2 elements has screwed me over more than my lack of superior relics in realms other than IX.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Ace lmr dupe. Starting off with a bang.

I got the same thing, though it wasn't a dupe. Got the worst luck with this realm for some reason. Just fucking give me something for Cinque already!

Haha, in addition to that I also got a Striking Staff from the daily draw. Not even a shared SB, it's just a regular weapon that happens to be 5*. Didn't even play the usual celebratory music.

Oct 25, 2017
I got the same thing, though it wasn't a dupe. Got the worst luck with this realm for some reason. Just fucking give me something for Cinque already!

Haha, in addition to that I also got a Striking Staff from the daily draw. Not even a shared SB, it's just a regular weapon that happens to be 5*. Didn't even play the usual celebratory music.
I hope you got the enfire one, that makes him useful. I have both his lmrs and nothing else, so...

Tonight im hoping for
Marche USB
Ramza lmr doublecast
Agrias USB (either)
Ovelia USB

Probably going dupe again, some orlandeau relic.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
1/3 on parade soon!

Actually quite a bit in tactics that can help me. Come on CID USB.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
1/3 montblanc bsb. Confident the game won't shower me with shit sometime late next year.

Oct 29, 2017
Dupes on Parade continues.

However! Scored Garnet USB on 100 gem. Which is especially great because I have EVERY OTHER 6* on the banner already. So that was an amazing pull.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
4* dark magicite (that you get to level up) are mostly junk? Trying to get a couple level 99 necrophobes but the other two seem mehhhhhh

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
4* dark magicite (that you get to level up) are mostly junk? Trying to get a couple level 99 necrophobes but the other two seem mehhhhhh

I did a necrophobe with a second dampen holy inherited and one Hades with a second lvl 15 empower dark inherited. Unless you are running some serious Last Stand shenanigans Dragon Zombie isn't worth it.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
You're right, I was thinking Dragon Zombie had the increased damage with low hp, but it has the reduced SB generation one. It's straight garbo.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Pulled on FFIX Banner 2. Got Eiko Last Stand USB and Vivi BSB. Apparently Eiko's USB is good for some fights where last stand is required?
Also, did the FFT pull... got meliadoul LMR. Dunno what to do with it, I have nothing else for her :/

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Eiko USB is very serviceable just shows it's age cuz it doesn't have bonkers Regen of elarra or physical quick cast of Aerith's usb2. Solid for fights that remove haste like the IX torment ^^b

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1/3 TGC USB (dupe)

I don't even know if this is a lucky or an unlucky pull at this point

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Finally beat Geosgaeno this weekend, mastered with 55s. Team used:

Shantotto - LT r4/HT r4, CSB/BSB, LMR/LM2/Ace Striker
Tyro - Wrath r5/Entrust r3, Godwall/Warder's Apocrypha(for Astra vs. Stone Punch), LMR/LM1/DMT
Rapha - Vortex r4/MAG down dance, BSB, LM1/LM2/MM
Elarra - Vali r4/Curada r4(I finally had to hone Curada up from r3 for this fight), USB, LM1/LM2/GS
Ashe - Chain Thundaja r4/unused, BSB/OSB, LMR/LM2/Battleforged

Magicite - Quetz, Garuda/KB/Seraph/Evrae
RW - Raider

Had to give Shan and Ashe SB generation RMs so they could juggle multiple SBs. Geosgaeno enters Savage mode so often that Ashe practically has to spam OSB, Quetz' regular overflow attack (not the entry one) doesn't even break Savage unless Shan's Chain is at a high hit count. Got my 4 copies and am done with this fight for now.

RoP tally:

T0 - Queen OSB, new. Good to go with her wcast LMR. My phys lightning is so lacking she might make my Famfrit team with this.
FFT - Rapha USB, new. Happy to have a source of enelement for Rapha, would have been nice to have when fighting Geosgaeno.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Might as well report here. I finally got around to tackling Belias yesterday. I managed to sub-30, but it is very RNG, even worse than Famfrit:

Rikku (Lm1+LM2): R4 Sapphire BUllet, R3 Exhausting Polka, Mako MIght (CSB/BSSB1), one water boost
OK (LMR+LM2): R4 Voltech, R3 Entrust, DMT (mUSB), one water boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R3 Protectga, R4 Curada, Ace Striker (USB)
Alphinaud (LM1+LM2): R3 Ogopogo, R4 Lunar LEviathan, Dualcast Summon RM (SSB), one water boost
Vivi (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Waterga, R4 Chain Waterja, Gathering Storm (USB), one water boost

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Famfrit (+L8 Blade Ward/L10 HP Boon), Famfrit (+L15 Mag Boonx2), Geo (+L15 Empower Water/L15 Atk boon), Phoenix (+L8 Blade Ward/L8 Spell Ward), Evrae (+L10 FAst Act)

My first version of this team was with LD Rydia w/ BSSB2 instead of Alphinaud. It took a while to find a turn rotation that would even get me out of Phase 1 without someone dying, but eventually I got it and mastered in 33 seconds or so. I did this twice, then swapped Rydia for LD Alphinaud and Deployment Tactics. I thought for sure this latter team wasn't going to cut it, since the damage ramped up MUCH more slowly than with Rydia. I renewed Rikku chain around 15 seconds and I had barely done 15% damage. But somehow I got a sub-30 out of it more or less on my first try. That reflected damage really piles up near the end, I guess. It was very close, though, 29.49 or something like that.

I fought Belias 4 times with this team, got 2 sub-30s (both 29.XX), 2 in the 31-32 second range. I went back to the Rydia team for 2 more fights, still didn't get any time better than 32-33 seconds. So despite the slower ramp up and lack of imperils, the Alphinaud team seems to be slightly better, but they're both very RNG, dependent on a lot of dualcasts and Vivi triple casts. Very annoying and inconsistent. Good thing this isn't a major farm.

Oh, and I also tried this with Tidus CSB in place of Rikku, since I saw some sub-30 teams doing that. Quick cast from Tidus CSB allows you to do somethings early that you can't with Rikku CSB. But under Tidus chain, my damage was too low and it never really went anywhere, so I switched back to Rikku.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I got Josef's ultra from the daily pull today; boostga, haste, and last stand. I also picked up Minwu's healing ultra from the realm draw so I'm ready for the II torment.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Just a thought I had - I've been playing CSR Racing 2 and AC Rebellion on my phone during some downtime, and man these games really push in-app purchases like right in your face every other screen.

I'm glad FFRK doesn't do that. It really kills the enjoyment.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Dupe on parade! 1/3 noctis burst. All I fucking get for 15 is noctis.

I'm confident I won't get more than 1/3 on all 17 pulls. Expecting < 3 6*

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
1/3 aranea USB. Physical lightning team already decked out but this could be useful in torment

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Might skip the XIV one. I think the cutoff missed out on the latest XIV banners (which were amazing).

So it's all OSB's, Yshtola and Haurchefant USB's up for grabs.

Oct 27, 2017
Got Agrias USB1 last night. Got a dupe Ignis LMR today. Was hoping for a healing relic but no luck. I'll probably still pull on the FF14 banner tomorrow. Lots of useless stuff but Alphinauds or Cid's USBs would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Gladiolus bsb. New, not that useful. Have his osb ssb both lmrs, so he is now +50atk but mediocre, his ssb is his best relic in have. Last stand and boostga.