• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's just Balph's catch phrase.

It's like me saying "FFIX is the best game ever and all other FF's should be deleted."

FFII should definitely be deleted.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.
I'm still struggling with building a magic ice team to consistently beat Fenrir to farm Enkidu. The best I can do right now is 45/50s kills and I die/run out of hones half the time.
Here's the team I am using.

- Edea: R4 Sudden Freeze / R4 Abyssal Shard / Ace Striker / USB
SF to build up SB gauge and then SB => Abyssal Shard. I try to use USB as often as possible otherwise I run out of hones pretty quickly.
I tried to use Scholar Boon instead of Ace Striker but without being able to use USB regularly I ran out of hones even faster
- Lulu: R4 Chain Blizzaga / Scholar Boon / BSB
Not much to say here, generate SB as fast as possible with Chain Blizzaga then continuously use BSB
- Elarra : ProtGa / R4 Curada / USB / DMT
- Matoya : Dispel (for Fenrir haste) / R4 Blizzaja / Battleborn / BSB
Dispel duty against fenrir, otherwise build SB with Blizzaja then BSB
- OK: ShellGa / Ultra Cure / mUSB
RM: Wall

Overall I seem to be doing very little DPS, even with Edea. Before EnIce, she hits for around 1K5/2k and then barely get above 3k. Same for Lulu barely doing 2k5 with BSB. Thing is, I don't have any other good magic Ice USB and I probably would have trouble honing things to R5 so I'm not sure what I can do to make things better.

Any advice?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.
I'm still struggling with building a magic ice team to consistently beat Fenrir to farm Enkidu. The best I can do right now is 45/50s kills and I die/run out of hones half the time.
Here's the team I am using.

- Edea: R4 Sudden Freeze / R4 Abyssal Shard / Ace Striker / USB
SF to build up SB gauge and then SB => Abyssal Shard. I try to use USB as often as possible otherwise I run out of hones pretty quickly.
I tried to use Scholar Boon instead of Ace Striker but without being able to use USB regularly I ran out of hones even faster
- Lulu: R4 Chain Blizzaga / Scholar Boon / BSB
Not much to say here, generate SB as fast as possible with Chain Blizzaga then continuously use BSB
- Elarra : ProtGa / R4 Curada / USB / DMT
- Matoya : Dispel (for Fenrir haste) / R4 Blizzaja / Battleborn / BSB
Dispel duty against fenrir, otherwise build SB with Blizzaja then BSB
- OK: ShellGa / Ultra Cure / mUSB
RM: Wall

Overall I seem to be doing very little DPS, even with Edea. Before EnIce, she hits for around 1K5/2k and then barely get above 3k. Same for Lulu barely doing 2k5 with BSB. Thing is, I don't have any other good magic Ice USB and I probably would have trouble honing things to R5 so I'm not sure what I can do to make things better.

Any advice?

What equipment are you using? For magicite +element damage is almost always better than a straight stat boost. In this case you would want to be using weapons and armor that boost ice damage if possible.

Another thing is to drop shellga and put entrust on OK. Fenrir's magic attacks ignore resistance so it isn't helping you. With entrust you can feed meter to Edea and put a damage boosting rm on her.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
For magicite +element damage is almost always better than a straight stat boost
I'm already doing that but I don't have many of those :/

Another thing is to drop shellga and put entrust on OK. Fenrir's magic attacks ignore resistance so it isn't helping you
I did not know that thx for the info. But with Fenrir always slowing people left and right I very rarely find OK to have spare SB though (he is my source of haste) so I'm not sure how I would do with Entrust here.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I did not know that thx for the info. But with Fenrir always slowing people left and right I very rarely find OK to have spare SB though (he is my source of haste) so I'm not sure how I would do with Entrust here.

Elarra should be able to solo heal the fight so you could drop ultra cure and put wrath on him. With that you should have quite a bit of extra SB.

As for the +element stuff, yeah +ice is kinda hard to come by.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Yeah I think I should be able to get away with only 1 heal I guess. Just need to be a bit more careful with them (I tend to overheal just to get the +SB but that's probably not such a good practice).
I was also considering replacing Lulu with Vivi BSB which does +moderate magic. This would stack with OK mUSB right?

Side Note: I was complaining about not getting anything from dailies...And got Faris Unique, the game is trolling me :D

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Running tally:
12 - Gabranth BSB
13 - Serah USB
14 - Ysayle LMR
15 - Ignis BSB
T - Marche LMR
0 - Rem LMR

I'm already doing that but I don't have many of those :/

Maybe drop Dispel and bring Hastega instead? Fenrir's pretty fast on his own IIRC so dispelling his haste only does so much

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Kind of a stream-of-consciousness copypasta from discord

actually the more i think of it

i'm kinda mum on FFRK as a whole and have been because as far as persistent progression goes, it has, is and always will be a 6-month-delayed experience

which, for a persistent progression GaaS makes for a very different mindset overall

like there's no real point being 'wowowow first' when you're just basically following a blueprint laid out months in advance

it's like playing the game with every strategy guide and conversing with people lording how much money they can spend following a strategy guide. Like okay, sure, if that's your thing that's fine but the misplaced sense of superiority on display here is honestly hilarious and incredibly draining at the same time.

but throughout the entire time i was ok with it since it wasn't really time consuming at all

recently though 1) magicite grind and 2) not having anything of note to aim for since 4A is going to come and wreck progression and then not offer any meaningful challenge for 3 months after that means I really CBA logging in to keep up with the leading edge; right now I'm barely getting decks done as the next 5* magicite come out

and because of how homogenuous setups have become in content, (both 5* and torments) I basically know what the outcome is with what i have even before the content releases, whether 50%, clearing, sub30, etc.

so basically the game has devolved into 1) make work grinding magicite decks and 2) seeing what the gacha poops out. And I'm not particularly fond of gacha mechanics to begin with

I THINK I'd enjoy the game far more if I hard-stopped, then came back in 6 months with the new build-your-SB system in place and then progress through to sub30ing all torments from there, because there's meaningful non-RNG progression even if it's months-behind, but hey, global is ALREADY months-behind to begin with.

I dunno, probably gonna see how I feel about 5* Ice at least.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thx guys for the advice, that was much better. Got from a 45s kill to 38 or something, nice improvement.

Now I'm looking at my options for a magic wind team and I realized that there wasn't that much stuff available!
Apart from Tiamat for summoners and Tornado for black magic users, did I miss something?
Currently the only magic wind SBs I have are this:
- Yuna Wind summon USB
- Alphinaud Wind Summon BSB
- Emperor Wind magic BSB
2 summoners in the same team does not sound good in term of abilities availability. Moreover, none of those characters have access to Wrath so how would you manage SB gauge in this case?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Ninja 2hit carried quite a bit for both 3* and 4* earth magicite for me.

edit: Meltdown

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the Magicite XP grind/levling is real isn't it? Following WarAdept 's magicite advice a while back I've got what hopefully will be all of the Tiamat drops I need (8 of each of the 3 to give me x2 lvl 99 Silver Dragons, x2 lvl 99 Tiamats and x1 lvl 99 Slpyh witha lv99 inherited onto it) but I had about zero arcana going into this and nowhere cloooose to having enough for that.

IIRC sub-30'ing 4* magicite is more effective than running the Sundaily for Magicite leveling (I think sub-30'ing 3* magicite is still even slightly better?) but as someone playing catchup now I have to start trying to pick and choose if I'm running magicites, regular dailies, or events etc. It's a bit overwhelming, I get the impression that even folks doing magicites since day one are more or less barely maintaining. At least I feel like I have a bit of plan now though.

Edit: Actually in my situation where I'm so far behind in leveling stuff, what would be the best way to go about handling my arcana/leveling use, spread it out evenly? Like in my situation where I'm trying to level up the 3 4* wind magicites I'm guessing it would be best to get my first Tiamat/Silver Dragon/Slyph up to 80 asap for the level 80 bonus, then probably working on leveling the 2nd copy of those as opposed to going from 80-99 on the first one?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Man, the Magicite XP grind/levling is real isn't it? Following WarAdept 's magicite advice a while back I've got what hopefully will be all of the Tiamat drops I need (8 of each of the 3 to give me x2 lvl 99 Silver Dragons, x2 lvl 99 Tiamats and x1 lvl 99 Slpyh witha lv99 inherited onto it) but I had about zero arcana going into this and nowhere cloooose to having enough for that.

IIRC sub-30'ing 4* magicite is more effective than running the Sundaily for Magicite leveling (I think sub-30'ing 3* magicite is still even slightly better?) but as someone playing catchup now I have to start trying to pick and choose if I'm running magicites, regular dailies, or events etc. It's a bit overwhelming, I get the impression that even folks doing magicites since day one are more or less barely maintaining. At least I feel like I have a bit of plan now though.

It's awful. Magicites are an awful grind because of how efficient Arcana is compared to running XP dungeons.

We'll eventually get the option to buy Arcana for greens, but still...

I hope that DeNA give the option to convert XP eggs into Arcana soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Debacle continues alphmau lmr dupe

Ace lmr dupe
Delita lmr dupe
Gladiolus bsb NEW
Haurchefant lmr NEW (but Garbo)
Fang osb dupe
Ashe bsb dupe
Alphmau lmr dupe

So yeah this isn't going well for me...

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Dupe Shantotto Glint :(

Realistically I should probably do at least the first level of the new torments to get a handful of new 6* abilities before working my way around further on the 4* magicites right? Now that I'm done with Tiamat (and I burned all of my arcana getting a lot of that those leveled) I was gonna ask for some help on a Geo team since I now have a million wind options and chains but realized people are probably gonna tell me to get Dark Valefor etc and I don't have any of that stuff yet. I've got 4/7 of the 4* magicites cleared, and I was originally hoping to clear them before working on the new torments at all but I've probably got the tools to clear at least the first one, if not two levels of them. It's kinda killing my OCD to not finish up the 4* magicites first but it's probably the right play >_>

Edit: Guess there's actually no harm in asking for help putting together a Geo team. My wind tools have changed drastically since I did Golem and a lot of these are recent pickups I haven't actually used. This is what I've got for notable (?) wind options now:

-Luneth w/Glint/BSB/OSB/USB (this was on my Golem team)
-Bartz dived w/triplecast LMR/Glint/USB1/AOSB (also on my Golem team sans AOSB)
-Faris dived w/USB2 (also on my Golem team)
-Dorgann w/USB (new pickup)
-Celes dived w/wcast LMR/USB2 (new pickup)
-Zack dived w/Chain and BSB (was my Golem chain)
-Fujin w/LMR/SSB/BSB/USB (mostly new pickups)
-Alph dived w/SSB/BSB/BUSB/Chain (new pickups)

I've picked enough new stuff (Alph and Dorgann in particular) that I actually have no goddamn clue what to run here. I don't even know how to use Alph's new stuff in conjunction with each other other than when I pulled the Brave/Chain on the same pull everyone told me to dive him ASAP so I did, which is also when I was told I need Dark Valefor for him which is what made me think of tackling the new torments now. For buffers/entrusters I've got a dived OK with everything *except* his pUSB/BUSB, dived Ramza with LMR/BSB2, dived Shelke. For healers I've got Elarra/Rosa/Penelo/Relm/Aphmau USBs (Elarra is dived).

pls help

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Dupe Shantotto Glint :(

Realistically I should probably do at least the first level of the new torments to get a handful of new 6* abilities before working my way around further on the 4* magicites right? Now that I'm done with Tiamat (and I burned all of my arcana getting a lot of that those leveled) I was gonna ask for some help on a Geo team since I now have a million wind options and chains but realized people are probably gonna tell me to get Dark Valefor etc and I don't have any of that stuff yet. I've got 4/7 of the 4* magicites cleared, and I was originally hoping to clear them before working on the new torments at all but I've probably got the tools to clear at least the first one, if not two levels of them. It's kinda killing my OCD to not finish up the 4* magicites first but it's probably the right play >_>

Edit: Guess there's actually no harm in asking for help putting together a Geo team. My wind tools have changed drastically since I did Golem and a lot of these are recent pickups I haven't actually used. This is what I've got for notable (?) wind options now:

-Luneth w/Glint/BSB/OSB/USB (this was on my Golem team)
-Bartz dived w/triplecast LMR/Glint/USB1/AOSB (also on my Golem team sans AOSB)
-Faris dived w/USB2 (also on my Golem team)
-Dorgann w/USB (new pickup)
-Celes dived w/wcast LMR/USB2 (new pickup)
-Zack dived w/Chain and BSB (was my Golem chain)
-Fujin w/LMR/SSB/BSB/USB (mostly new pickups)
-Alph dived w/SSB/BSB/BUSB/Chain (new pickups)

I've picked enough new stuff (Alph and Dorgann in particular) that I actually have no goddamn clue what to run here. I don't even know how to use Alph's new stuff in conjunction with each other other than when I pulled the Brave/Chain on the same pull everyone told me to dive him ASAP so I did, which is also when I was told I need Dark Valefor for him which is what made me think of tackling the new torments now. For buffers/entrusters I've got a dived OK with everything *except* his pUSB/BUSB, dived Ramza with LMR/BSB2, dived Shelke. For healers I've got Elarra/Rosa/Penelo/Relm/Aphmau USBs (Elarra is dived).

pls help

Your golem team should be fine, you have all the tools to go nuts on the Snake. It actually may be easier than golem since you don't have to power through a barrier.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Well I've done it. Unlocked 5* magicite. Not too shabby, only took 2 months which is relatively short time in the scheme of things. I'm scared.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Got Shantotto's chain. Now I have both phy and mag lighting chain 1.0. At least it's a nice elemental boost weapon.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So far:

0 - Seven's LMR
T - TGC's USB dupe
15 - Gladio's OSB dupe
14 - Tancred's BSB
13 - Raines' USB
12 - Vaan's USB2
11 - Ayame's LMR
10 - Braska's BSB

Oct 25, 2017
Ace lmr dupe
Delita lmr dupe
Gladiolus bsb NEW
Fang osb dupe
Ashe bsb dupe
Alphmau lmr dupe
Seymour lmr dupe

Are you kidding me

Oct 25, 2017
Ace lmr dupe
Delita lmr dupe
Gladiolus bsb NEW
Fang osb dupe
Ashe bsb dupe
Alphmau lmr dupe
Seymour lmr dupe
Steiner USB NEW (but rated as either worst or second worst USB in the entire game).

Yikes.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
RoP tally:

T0 - Queen OSB, new
FFT - Rapha USB, new
XV - Noctis USB2, new
XIV - skipped
XIII - Fang USB, new
XII - Fran USB2, dupe
XI - skipped
X - skipped
IX - Garnet USB, new! This would be great vs Geosgaeno, though I don't think i could even fit Garnet on my team.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Not an absolute terrible pull. Went 2/3, dupe zell USB and a new lmr for rinoa, enice. I'll take it.