• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Vanille's LMR from the Daily today, it's new but it just increases healing power so meh.

9/33:
Cyan USB - new, but it looks pretty underwhelming. I'm sad that Cyan always gets shafted on SBs, he's one of my fav FFVI toons.
Rinoa BUSB ice - new, my Rinoa is starting to get pretty stacked
Aphmau USB - dupe
Quistis GSB - new, nice slot-saver for Torment
Vivi BSB2 - new, my Vivi is starting to get stacked as well
Ursula BSB - new, good for enEarth i suppose
Tiny Bee - new, unlike most veterans i've never pulled this before so i'll take the +10 MND for Yuna
Auron LMR - new, but it's ATK build-up so fairly worthless, at least until we get soft-cap increase
Ace LMR - dupe

Oct 27, 2017
6/33 on the draw

Luneth AOSB
Noctis USB1
Eiko USB (dupe)
Sabin LMR
Agrias BSB (dupe)
Orlandeau BSB (dupe)

Luneth AOSB is nice but I am already stacked with wind so I don't see it getting much use outside of torments. Think I'm done with pulling for this fest. I want ice chain but will wait until the next FF8 event.

I also forgot to do my free draw this morning so I just did that pull and got a 5*. Too bad it was a Danjuro. Already have one reforged so it's straight to the vault to wait for the new weapons.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
4/33

Luneth USB
Prompto USB
Faris shoulder LMR (dupe)
Bartz Fire BSB

I don't have anything else for Luneth and Prompto so I felt pretty unlucky but when I see some of the other pulls here... yikes.
At least I got a +wind armor and +10 atk for Bartz!

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Got Ramza's holy chain in banner 3!

In the free 33 I got...

Steiner ultra
Sephiroth usb2 (I think?) I had his initial ultra
Gordon bsb
Arc materia

Not sure about any of these.

MegamanFreak

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone give me Hades advice? I know i have the tools to win this fight, but the timing is really getting to me. Also, i feel the start of the fight goes very slowly and he ends up wrecking me with his physical hits more so than status issues. Here is my current team that i am using:
Orlandeau USB/LMR Assault saber R4/Assault Saber R4 Truthseeker LM
Ramza Chain/Instant Cast LMR Guardbreaker R4/Affliction Break R2 Mako Might
Elarra USB Hastaga/Proctecga Dr Mogs Teaching
Shelke Wrath/Entrust Ace Striker
Minwu USB2 Shellga/ Holy R5 Azure Blade LM

My magicite is not the best, and that might be hindering me as well. I am Using Unicorn as the Main and my subs are as follows:
Evrae (inherited a health boon level 5)
Krysta
Gizamaluke
Seraph

Other team mate options that I have include Red XIII USB, Larsa USB/BSB, Arc USB and Hope USB. I have decent holy and Astra options but this boss had defeated me mutiple times, so if i need better magicite i guess i will go back to grinding if need be.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone give me Hades advice? I know i have the tools to win this fight, but the timing is really getting to me. Also, i feel the start of the fight goes very slowly and he ends up wrecking me with his physical hits more so than status issues. Here is my current team that i am using:
Orlandeau USB/LMR Assault saber R4/Assault Saber R4 Truthseeker LM
Ramza Chain/Instant Cast LMR Guardbreaker R4/Affliction Break R2 Mako Might
Elarra USB Hastaga/Proctecga Dr Mogs Teaching
Shelke Wrath/Entrust Ace Striker
Minwu USB2 Shellga/ Holy R5 Azure Blade LM

My magicite is not the best, and that might be hindering me as well. I am Using Unicorn as the Main and my subs are as follows:
Evrae (inherited a health boon level 5)
Krysta
Gizamaluke
Seraph

Other team mate options that I have include Red XIII USB, Larsa USB/BSB, Arc USB and Hope USB. I have decent holy and Astra options but this boss had defeated me mutiple times, so if i need better magicite i guess i will go back to grinding if need be.
Are you tanking Black Cauldron without Astra? Its really recommended to bring another source of Astra. Hades' 5th action will always be Black Cauldron, and 4th action of phase 2 and 3 as well (3rd action after the interrupt move). You should't stay in the same phase long enough for it to use BC randomly.

Just Unicorn can work, as its also possible to skip the first 2 BC with enough DPS. You have to deal ~200k before his 5th action to skip the first, and then 400k more before his 4th turn to skip the second.

With a chain and TGC USB/LMR, you should be able to do that.

MegamanFreak

Oct 27, 2017
SUCCESS finally! Even sub 30 as well. It was a messy clear, losing ramza and shelke in the process. I found out I need to just keep feeding elarra sb points instead of spreading it around too much. I am not ready to farm him much right now, just happy for my clear.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Got Ramza's holy chain in banner 3!

In the free 33 I got...

Steiner ultra
Sephiroth usb2 (I think?) I had his initial ultra
Gordon bsb
Arc materia

Not sure about any of these.

For Sephiroth if it's his pants then that is really good.

Also, the gimmick for the Bahamut Fury fight is just atrocious.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
6/33

Edgar LMR
Marche LMR
Ashe BSB
Sazh BSB
Terra USB1
Zack CSB!

That's some serious luck. Both 6*'s were big wants that I had chased a bit before. Nice start to the new year, though I hope I didn't just use up all my luck before 4A, haha.

Finally finished that Siegfried fight. I don't know other people were talking about with this guy being easy; he was about as obnoxious as both Gilgamesh and Odin for me. Glad to put this event behind me.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
17.93 for D240 Ahriman. Used OK BSSB/Noctis/Arc SSB2/CoD BSSB2/Desch BSSB. If I had anything other than Advance I'd dive Luneth and run him, but I don't and I don't feel like grabbing the III set from the Wonder Draw (may eventually, since it has no dupes, but I'm still leaning towards the FFT one to give me a better shot at that D???), so I used LD Noctis to jump the initial Petrify.

D280.. I was winning comfortably, and then Incubus Tornado pretty much ruined everything. Couldn't recover after that. Had gauge to do another SSB2 for Arc but mindfarted and did Curada instead. Sigh.

I subsequently got 24.43 on D280 with Cloud/Zack/OK/Arc/Aria. Had to go double healer since Arc alone with SSBs wasn't cutting it , not even against D280. Arc used SSB1 instead of SSB2 near the end to block an AoE. Aria also used her SSB at some point to block... something. On this run I managed to blow through from P3 to P5 so I never saw the dreaded Incubus Tornado, though those other AoEs start to pile up at the end.

If I dived Refia and Luneth and grabbed III package from Wonder Draw, I could probably get to 50% on D???. But I'm not feeling it. Will wait until I have better stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty easy Torment fight with my party. Despite not pulling much on FF3 banners I have a stacked team. D240 done in 16s and D280 in 24 (Had about a 20 second pace and then everyone but OK and Aria died so I just finished the last chunk of health with OK)

Desch/ Chain Thundaja /USB /4* Dived
Luneth/ Rippling Blast /BSB AOSB /4* Dived
OK/ Voltech, Shellga /mUSB USB3 /5* Dived with LMR
Arc/ Holy, Ultra Cure /USB1 SSB /5* Dived
Aria/ Curada, Hastega /USB/ 4* Dived with wcast LMR

Luneth was pretty useless with my setup but everyone else did serious damage. Desch's USB allowed me to not worry about Allegro while eventually allowing him to cap Chain Thundaja. If I wanted to tackle the DWhale he would definitely be worth a dive. Arc with R5 did serious damage and it didn't take much for his chase to cap. I might attempt DWhale in the near future. I think I could make a good dent into it.

Edit:
Tried my first DWhale since FFT torment where I lost badly. Managed to get 59% damage before I died. With some tweaks and better hones and getting 5* magicite, I should be able to do better.

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Ended my fest with the free 33 pull.

33 Pull
Braska USB - Ehh seems decent tier magic USB.
Quina USB - Out dated but always good to get a haste/boostga for a realm you dont have.
Agrias USB - Another trash debuff USB.
Xezat USB - Seems OK
Tifa LMR - Free EnEarth
Cait Sith BSB
Edward BSB - First boostga for FFIV so not bad.

USB LD
Marcus USB - Ehh poison tech.
Eiko USB - Was one of my most wanted USBs until I got Elaras. Not much use now.

ROP
1 - Eiko Burst
2 - Josef USB - First boostga for FF2 so not bad.
3 - OK LMR(Dupe)
4 - Decil LMR - also have his USB so this seems to synergize well.
5 - Galuf BSB - Imperial Fire
6 - Gau BSB
7 - Red USB - CAn't tell if this is good.
8 - Rinoa LMR - Dual cast black magic is always good.
9 - Garnet BSB (Dupe)
10 - Jecht LMR
11 - Shanotto chain(Dupe)
12 - Gabranth OSB - a dark boost 6 star sword is always good.
13 - Lightning USB(dupe)
14 - Alphi LMR - free enwind
15 - Noctis Burst
FFT - Gaffgarion LMR
FF0 - REM LMR(dupe)

Not bad, no great new stuff but some stuff that fill in the holes for torments and Cid missions. Not bad for 110 myths total spent.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ended my fest with the free 33 pull.

33 Pull
Braska USB - Ehh seems decent tier magic USB.
Quina USB - Out dated but always good to get a haste/boostga for a realm you dont have.
Agrias USB - Another trash debuff USB.
Xezat USB - Seems OK
Tifa LMR - Free EnEarth
Cait Sith BSB
Edward BSB - First boostga for FFIV so not bad.

USB LD
Marcus USB - Ehh poison tech.
Eiko USB - Was one of my most wanted USBs until I got Elaras. Not much use now.

I'd say there's some usable stuff here.

Agrias USB Loyalty Blade isn't bad. It still gives her EnHoly and Knight damage boost, but her USB2 is way better as its dedicated to her being the best Holy Imperil user.

Xezat is bad, both his USB and as a character. Excellent +ice sword though.

Marcus with his USB becomes the best Wind Imperil user in the game.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
3 pulls on banner 5 netted me...

2x Reno BUSB
1 x Lulu USB
1 x Lulu AOSB
1 x Squall AOSB

Nice, but I was really gunning for the ice chain. Imagine my surprise when each of my pulls only had discos on them. sigh. Guess I'll throw 15 mythril at the XIII banner.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Okay, D260 CM Echidna's actually kinda hard. Took two tries to win, and had two people KOed at the end, which is quite rare. 99% HP followed by AoEs? Silence procs off of normal attacks and Slowgas? And attacks twice per turn? And although everything (?) is piercing it still hurst even with debuffs? WTF?

Used Ingus (Healing Smite/Magic Breakdown), REfia (Meteor Crush/Fires Within/USB1), OK (Chain Firaja/Full Break/BSSB/LMR), Arc (Valigarmanda/CUrada/SSB1/SSB2) and CoD (Dire Heal/Dark Zone/BSSB2). RW Rikku USB1. Should have run Hastega on Arc instead of Vali, but was otherwise on constant CUrada duty due to the incoming damage. CoD spent most of the fight Silenced. Nasty fight, especially since this isn't one my stronger realms any more.

Also, thanks to getting Gilgamesh CSB from Banner 4 and Cid XIV USB from RoP, I finally got around to tackling Mateus and got a sub-30 with Bartz (USB2/AOSB/LMR1), Cid XIV (USB), Elarra (USB1), Gligamesh (CSB), and Sora (USB1/AOSB), but it's currently super RNG. As in, it took hours just to even win once, but I won with a sub-30. Then more hours today to get another win, this time nearly a sub-20 thanks to insane multicasts from Bartz. MOre hours to find a way to win consistently, got two more wins eventually, one in 34 seconds, another sub-30. The fight is awful, even with a gen 2 chain and two AOSBs. Savage Frost Wave with 30% Imperil at the start of Phase 2/3 is bloody unfair, especially when they're followed by Savage Blizzaja that saps you to kill your Regenga or Last Stand. Expect to be eating 6000 AoEs in Phase 3. I have my 4 copies and I don't intend to fight this again any time soon, Moving onto Manticore.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Random question: Do "Small boost to XXX element" buffs from equipment stack from different pieces of equipment?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
ALRIGHT time to slam some of these torments and get up to speed on magicite.

I think I missed like 4 logins in the past two weeks. Derp.

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to finally give the 5* magicite a go. Got Galuf's chain and Elarra's USB during the fest so I got all the tools for a comfortable clear. Ended up beating Quetzalcoatl in 50s.

My team:
Bartz USB1 Blastspell Strike/Tremoring Quadstrike
Tifa BSB2/USB2 Ironfist Earth/ Gaia Rush
Galuf CSB Stonepress/ Grand Charge
Elarra USB Ultra Cure/Ode to Victory
Tyro USB3 Wrath/Entrust

Ended up with a pretty comfortable clear after a couple of attempts. Definitely could have done a better job breaking him out of his savage mode. Should be able to get a faster time with some tweaks and maybe diving Tifa.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Did the LMR draw.

2/11, two discos!

- Ace OSB
- Zidane USB1

Ace OSB is whatever, though it gives me a big damage option for Type-0, a realm I have little offensive firepower in (nothing above BSSB level). Recently picked up his BSSB too. Good thing I didn't selected Type-0 from Wonder draw!

Zidane USB1 is another nice get, especially since I just got his dualcast LMR from the recent 33 draw. Looks like I'll have to dive Zidane. I also have a real reason to make the 6* wind thief ability now (and also the fire one, but holding off for now, since I'm lower on rubies than I'd prefer). Just need his USB2, Glint and AASB and I'll be set for God Zidane, LOL.

I'm 99% likely going to pick Ignis LMR (have his BSSB), but as usual I'll hold off for now since I don't need it right away.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
D350 Ultima Weapon is definitely the simplest of the D350 fights. Basically a tank and spank, just with much higher stats. I went in with randos and won first try. Team consisted of FAris (USB2)/Aerith (USB1), Zidane (USB1/USb2)/Tyro (USB3/USB4), Shelke/Aerith (USB2), and myself with Cloud (Glint/USB1/USB2/AOSB)/Zack (CSB/BSSB). Essentially a tank and spank, just with much higher stats (for some reason, the first half of the fight I had trouble breaking cap with Cloud, and that was before Tyro USB4 screwed with Cloud's 100% critical).

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Just beat Kraken earlier this morning. That was a pretty close fight at times.
I know some of his attacks ignore resistance but damn he hits hard... Don't know how I could win this fight without Elarra to be honest.
Team was:
Kain: LS/Lightning Dive / CSB/USB / Scholar Boon
King: LS/Tempest Snipe / USB / Infuse LMR / Attunement 2
Elarra: ProtGa / Curada / USB / MM
OK: ShellGa / Ultra Cure / BSB / Ace Striker => Used him for boost + blind cure but when I won I did not get a single blind so he was just backup heal + shellga
Ramza: Wrath/Entrust / Shout / DMT
Magicite: Hydra and some 3* for lightning boost / water resistance

I thought about using Basch instead of OK with is USB shell/prot/hastega and use Gaia's Cross to divert the counters to him like I saw in some videos but that would leave me with only one healer so I'm not sure that would be better.

Anyway, 2 4* magicite down! (Isgebind and Kraken) Now I've got to figure what's next. Do you recommand farming those 4* I can kill? I see Kraken has water Imperil so that one seems a no brainer but what about the other 4*? Seems like the passives alone would be a pretty nice boost in most cases compared to 3*.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
For the 4* magicite drops one is defensive, one is geared toward physical damage, and one towards magic damage.

At minimum you want 1 level 99 of the defense one and 2 level 99 of your primary damage type. This will make killing the next magicite in the circle easier.

Ideally you want to inherit a second dampen element onto the defensive one, but that can probably wait. Fully fleshed 4* decks take a stupidly large amount of farming, so get ready to fight these guys a lot.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
That sounds like a plan! Thx for the advice.
One last question regarding leveling up magicites. As far as I know, there's no way to farm major arcana right? (at least I guess not at the 4* level) so do you guys run exp dungeons on top of feeding greater arcanas to your magicite? Or do you only go with arcana? I have so much orbs to farm that I'm not sure I want to run exp dungeons at all (apart from sunday).

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like a plan! Thx for the advice.
One last question regarding leveling up magicites. As far as I know, there's no way to farm major arcana right? (at least I guess not at the 4* level) so do you guys run exp dungeons on top of feeding greater arcanas to your magicite? Or do you only go with arcana? I have so much orbs to farm that I'm not sure I want to run exp dungeons at all (apart from sunday).
Well, you can farm Arcana. By sub30 a 4* magicite, you get 2 Major Arcana, 10 Greater Arcana, 10 Arcana and 20 Minor Arcana.

Its the most efficient way to level up magicites aside from sub30 a 5* (20 stam for 1150000 magicite exp), but its also veery boring to do.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah all right! Unfortunately I'm not where I can sub 30 a 4* yet but it will come :)
It does not help that a lv 99 magicite takes almost 19m exp.. If you can sub60 a 4*, you lose the 2 Major Arcanas (2x 250k exp), but its still something.

Also, the Celestial Weapon system cannot come soon enough. I have only 85 slots left, and both inventory and vault fully upgraded.

I guess if I max out, its more than enough shards to start with. But it hurts my OCD ugh

Oct 25, 2017
Shan csb dupe from daily

Dream draws making decision. Draws themselves were mediocre only one new USB, cyans. With his and gregs fire usbs i guess I should make the samurai abilities?

No time still so haven't finished the xmas fest or tried the new magicities.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, thats something I was not expecting to actually manage. Even if its only a 50% clear.

Tpwh7qW.jpg

Cid died just before this, but he was out of hones anyway (Yeah.. two R5 AS can only bring it down to 50%..). Surviving is not a problem, but I need a lot more DPS to kill this thing.

Agrias is not even level 99, and was there only for her imperil BSB. And Ramza was full support. I guess Ramza, Agrias and Marche will need their own AS/HS to make this work (I mean, look at those super budget abilities on Marche lol)

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Farmed a bit Kraken this afternoon to get Gizamaluke and Kraken to level 80 (99 will have to wait) and beat Maliris on the first try in 36 sec! Thanks for the advice, this helped a lot (this, and having water CSB 2.0 as well :P). Very nice feeling making some progress after stalling for quite a while.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Greg chain to the rescue. Got sub-30 (29.10) on first try on Manticore.

OK (LM2+LMR): R4 Meltdown, R3 Entrust, Mako Might (mUSB)
Gilgamesh (LM1+LM2): R4 Iai Hellfire, R3 Mental Break, DMT (CSB)
Vivi (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Firaga, R4 Chain Firaja, Gathering Storm (USB)
Terra (LM2+LMR): R3 Chain Firaga, R4 Valigarmanda, Scholar's Boon (USB1/AOSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R3 Allegro, R4 Curada, Lionheart (USB)

RW: Guardian
Magicite: Phoenix (+L8 Blade/L8 Spell ward), Phoenix (+L15 Empower Magic x2), Belias (+L15 Empower Fire x2), Siren, Evrae (+L10 Fast Act).

Rough turn order:

OK: mUSB, RW, Meltdown, Entrust Elarra, Meltdown xN, mUSB after Savage Icestorm
Gilgamesh: CSB, Iai Hellfire, magicite, Mental Break, Iai Helfire, refresh CSB, Iai Hellfire spam
Vivi: CHain Firaga x3, USB, Chain Firaja x2, USB, Chain Firaja x2, Chain Firaga
Terra; Vali x3, USB, Vali x2, Chain Firaga, AOSB, Chain Firaga
Elarra: Allegro, pause then Curada (allows Vivi and Terra to trance), USB, Curada, USB after Savage Blazing Breath to remove sap, Allegro, Curada spam, USB

Compared to That Fucker Mateus™, this is much simpler. Have gotten sub-25 and already have my 4 copies. I might get 4 more copies to inherited onto itself, but otherwise I'm likely done with the ice magicites.

The wind ones will wait. I have a potential team for Typhoon, but Syldra is out of the question right now unless I go Radiant + 4 healers, and I'm not doing that for 30+ minutes a shot.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Sunday is normally my magicite day, but I just can't today. Not feeling like farming Ixion for the millionth time or banging my head against the 5 stars.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem - Desch USB. That seems pretty cool. Will go well with my torment team when I get a chance to try the 280.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Currently sitting at 136 mythril and considering pulling on the banner for OK pUSB and LMR... please convince me not to do it!

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
That's... ridiculous :D Yeah, I should probably save for 4A then!
Honest question though: Aren't boostga like OK's still going to be relevant after 4A anyway? I'm still relying on Ramza's old shout for physical team so it sounds like it could still be pretty useful (the myhril/utility ratio would still be largely in favor of the new AASB stuff I guess though?)

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That's... ridiculous :D Yeah, I should probably save for 4A then!
Honest question though: Aren't boostga like OK's still going to be relevant after 4A anyway? I'm still relying on Ramza's old shout for physical team so it sounds like it could still be pretty useful (the myhril/utility ratio would still be largely in favor of the new AASB stuff I guess though?)

Still useful but his mUSB has fared much better in terms of powercreep, as not only is he a much better mage, his pUSB effects often overlaps with other buffing SBs such as Chain 2.0s and such.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
The damage in this FFXIV Torment is pretty heinous. It's like they designed it under the assumption you had a cadre of defensive 5* Magicites. I really need to get on those. Been putting them off since they seem so frustrating, but I guess they're too helpful to keep ignoring.

Probably making it needlessly difficult for myself trying to do this without a legend dived Y'shtola, though I only have her BSB. I guess that's ultimately going to be all but required for D???, right? Dunno why I'm being so sting with motes, not like I don't have tons of them.