• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news. I have both aosbs and nothing else, so they've never been used.

Nabbed gaffgarions lmr in the daily pull, so that's something. Have his bsb so he isn't completely useless, just nearly so.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
If the KH banner is anything similar to the first one in terms quality as of the time period, then it should be better than 4A except for banner 3.

We're looking at possibly 2-3 AASB, 2-3 AOSB, 2-3 Ultras.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
2 AASBs are pretty much guaranteed. They're not going to nerf the banner for Global. It has to conform to current JPN level: Minimum of 2 AASBs, 8 disco banner.

Only Sora and Riku are mentioned though. Dunno if they'll sneak any Cloud stuff on (I can't see them putting something as important as Cloud dark AASB in this banner). Maybe they're holding back on any other characters due to spoilers about the game?

BTW, this event was quite expected by a number of us. It made too much sense for DeNA to have another collab when the last one did so well and was so well received. And KH3 will be huge, so not having a collab would have meant DeNA didn't want money. There's still some time, so start saving if your stash is too low!

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
zdsU7xU.png

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Dupe Kain bsb from my daily pull, but it's a +Lightning spear and my second dupe so I can reforge it. Until I get his usb or asb it's my best pairing with his lmr1. I'll call that a win for today.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Base on previous AASBs.

Sora's gonna be insane. Maybe something like

1. Double Spellblade
2. Infinite Spellblade use
3. 50 to 100 percent crit
4. Spellblade rank damage increase.
5. 10+ hit initial attack.
6. +fire,lit,ice damage
7. Break Damage Cap one
8. Some sort of follow up attack.

Even if you only have this relic for Sora. With his LM2s being enfire,lit,ice. You're gonna be able to destroy content for months.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I doubt they'll make Sora equal to Bartz with Spellblade Awakening, though I'd love to be wrong. More likely he'll get Fire/Ice/Lightning Awakening, 50% critical, and chase Fire/Ice/Lightning with a static multi-hit fire/ice/lightning/NE chase.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
So, today I tried Tiamat for the first time... and ended up beating it on the first try in 45s or so. Did not really expect this, especially given the setup I had.

Team was:
Full dive Bartz: LS/SnowSpell USB
Full dive Squall: LS BSB2/OSB
Elarra: Protga/Curada USB
Snow: LS/Icicle Rush BSB/USB (radiant shield)
Tyro: Shellga/UltraCure Wall
RW: Boostga

I did not remember that ice wasn't a thing for Bartz until I was in the fight but I figured I could still test the water... and was amazed when I finally pulled it off.
Snow and Elarra particularly shined in this fight. Snow BSB Last Stand coupled with Elarra USB saved me several times and Radiant shield did some nice DPS. Squall did is thing with BSB2 and in the end Bartz did a respectable amount of damage with Snowspell Strike. On the magicite side I wasn't even fully decked for wind (only one Dampen and one boost) so I brought 2 additional fire dampen for this fight.
Obviously I need a replacement for Bartz but unfortunately I don't have any other nice Ice physical USB. I'm considering bringing a mage... Seven with his Ice imperil USB sounds nice or maybe Edea USB... Silence might be a problem but with Ultra Cure it shouldn't be an issue.

I'm probably not going to sub 30 with a mixed team like this but at least it should make clearing it more reliable I guess.

Anyway, 4 more to go! (earth, lightning, holy and dark). It's really nice making some progress.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah I don't see anyway that we're getting the straight Disney characters. I'd be willing to wager a large sum of money that Kairi will be added, with Roxas as a longshot.

We will never get Disney created characters in this game. They protect their IP's with an iron fist.

But it's nice to dream.

Kinda like how I wish XIII was a better game.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem Delita USB.

That don't look too shabby. I could possibly fit him in on Syldra squad when I give that a go.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Delita is my man. I love his new look.

But I'll hold off on trying for sny of these nice items for him. His time will come.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Just beat FF VIII D280 torment in 31.5! First D280 for me. So happy about that. I can probably sub 30 it with better execution.
It did not really feel that hard but I guess I had the right tools for the task.

Red XIII Astra + Dove Squall BSB2 + Zell/Edea/Elarra USB was really perfect.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaan. I'm pretty stacked for ice and Typhon still giving me a rough time.

Might just put him off for a bit and get wait til I get Motes to finish Ysayle and Rinoa.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow daily jackpot! Yuffie USB 2 freewheeling gauntlet! Wowowoow. I have her aosb usb1 glint and bsb ssb and ld so she is stacked.

Yesterday a dupe Laguna gun. Earlier in week a new gafgarrian lmr. So a banner daily week.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
grats ^^b also sorry i havent been active here been mostly active on the discord, but grats on your rainbows everyone and best of luck on your hoards what with KH now looming on the horizon XD

I doubt they'll make Sora equal to Bartz with Spellblade Awakening, though I'd love to be wrong. More likely he'll get Fire/Ice/Lightning Awakening, 50% critical, and chase Fire/Ice/Lightning with a static multi-hit fire/ice/lightning/NE chase.
Yea but that would still give him access to all elements he'll just need torment 6*'s to access them all which would be a decent form of gatekeeping I suppose while not having it be outright broken they do have to entice us global players before our proper AASB fest while balancing it with all the design lessons they learned about AASBs from JP client.

Oct 27, 2017
Slowly making my way through the 5* magicite. Today's fight was against Famfrit. My physical lightning team is really good so I didn't think I would too much trouble. Ended up winning in just over 30s. I still haven't done too much inheritance so between that and making a few tweaks I should have a sub 30 party.

My team:
King SSB/USB
Lightning USB1/Glint/AOSB
Prompto BSB/CSB
Tyro USB3/LMR
Elarra USB/LMR

The fight is now an easy clear so I'll definitely farm another copy of Famfrit for inheritance before heading to Geosgaeno.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on some torments.

How do survive the first 2 attacks from FFX torment. I can't even do it one D280 never mind D???.

If I use holy resist accessories then dark attacks kick my ass later. (especially the middle guy)

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Behemoth King down! Finally took that first step into 5* Magicites. He actually wasn't too bad with the Edge strat; seems like such a perfect counter to him. Best time was about 40s and I don't see how I'd sub-30 without something like Maria's USB, but screw it. Not sure what to inherit onto him just yet.

How do survive the first 2 attacks from FFX torment. I can't even do it one D280 never mind D???.

What're your defensive Magicites like? I remember having trouble surviving, too, until I had a good Necrophobe, Seraph, and something with Spell Ward on top of the proper accessories.

Oct 27, 2017
After taking down Famfrit last night I decided to try Geosgaeno this morning. Took a couple of attempts to get the timing down but ended up winning in 38s with a team of Edge, Elarra, Ashe, Desch and Garnet. Time to farm water magicite now.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I just beat kraken. He's my first 4* magicite beaten. Everything else is wrecking me. Even my decent fire team was getting wrecked.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Was bored after farming Phoenix today (9 copies today, 10 copies today - this isn't for deck building, it's strictly for inheritance fodder + arcana farming), and decided to tackle the FFT D??? Torment, which I've never attempted before. Went in blind with a team of Ramza (BSSB2/CSB), TGC (OSB), Ovelia (BSSB), Marche (USB), Agrias (BSSB+OSB) and got to 58% before running into Deadend. Bolded represent new additions to my FFT relics since the Torment dropped. Could have gone farther if I had bothered to study the script, but I'm not interested enough to invest the time. Will wit until I get more power for this realm.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Currently trying gilgamesh D280 and got him to around 1% in 45s and I was wondering something (tried looking at the reddit threads but it wasn't really clear to me).
When I look at party composition of people doing sub30 I pretty much never see any form of protga or breakdown but it seemed to me that not all his attacks were piercing so that should help right? Am I missing something?
Also, a more general torment question: In general, with realm characters and the 30% boost from RW, atk cap should be reached pretty easily, right? Asking because I saw some videos without boostga and was wondering if I was wasting a slot for this.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux:

Torment realm chain RW doesn't give 30% boost. It gives a 30% field boost (compared to Gen 1 20% and Gen 2 50%), but it doesn't provide a stat boost the way Zack CSB or gen 2 chains do (or realm chains do later). So if you aren't already close to cap, boostga/faithga will help. But it will become less of an issue once we get the new soft caps, Magia, and Legendary Weapons.

And yes, not all of Torment Greg's attacks are piercing. But the only notable one is Critical, which is only a threat in Phase 2 because he uses that after a 99% gravity move on a character. In general, he has mostly piercing, gravity, or fixed damage attacks, so sub-30 teams generally forego mitigation in favour of more DPS.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification! Gonna try to change a bit my team then, and see how it goes.

This makes me think of another question though (sorry if this is obvious!): How do elemental resists (coming from accessories or magicite) factor in with piercing attacks? Are they still useful?

Oct 29, 2017
This makes me think of another question though (sorry if this is obvious!): How do elemental resists (coming from accessories or magicite) factor in with piercing attacks? Are they still useful?

IIRC, piercing means that RES and DEF (so, Protect, Shell, Wall, other RES and DEF buffs) do not mitigate the damage.

Elemental resists and things like Spell Ward and Blade Ward still do mitigate piercing damage.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
What's the one torment item I should buy first? I just got 180 rubies and I'm wondering which ability to get.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
What's the one torment item I should buy first? I just got 180 rubies and I'm wondering which ability to get.

Voltech since it covers 3 elements is usually considered the best utility pick.

Edit: Of course there's not really a wrong choice and whatever helps you clear content is good.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
VIII event + Raid done. I got most of the banner items but Squall's Phoenix gunblade keeps evading me. I'm going to try and get more mythril so I can try a few more times. I also need some for the second banner.

I'm kind of tired of how much they stack so much stuff on one banner and not only that but have a second one come after.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gems - Ultimecia USB

Holy shit! Probably the number one thing I wanted from this banner! She automatically becomes my best wind mage and a shoe-in for Adamantoise. I might be able to clear it now without spending like 600 major dark orbs!

(Still need to get past Syldra first though. And Typhon too, for that matter. C'mon banner 2, please be kind to me!)