• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Crystal Tower

Used the same teams on these as I did for the last tower. If they continue to use neutral enemies, I'll just use these can call it a day.

Kuja: Midgardsomr team (Cloud/Shelke/OK/Elarra/Zack). Normally the enemy at lasts until Cloud has Glint+USb1+USB2, but Kuja was down before Cloud could take another turn. Forgot about the gravity last attack, but I was at full HP anyway.

Gaius: D??? Greg team (Dorgann/Lenna/Kelgar/Galuf/Bartz). Zzzz.

Shiva: FFXV lightning team (Aranea/Noctis/Iris/Ignis/Prompto). This was actually the hardest fight, or rather, the fight I came closest to losing, since I came without any defense against her Slowgas and interrupt. I would have lost, but magicite Quetz actually did 200,000+ (!) damage here to make up the shortfall in DPS.

Siigfried: LOL. Just used the Holy team I saved last time and Ramza turn 1 Assault Sabre.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to save mythrils for the next fest and hope I get something good.,

So very close to clearing Geo 5* magicite.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem - Rinoa ASB! Heck yes. Got lucky in the realm draw and last few ROP and got her Earth LMR, Doublecast LMR, Earth BUSB and original USB so she is decked out for me

2/11 - Quistis USB, Rinoa En-Ice LMR. Should be in good shape to knock out Typhon and Probably dWhale torment now!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Pulled on VIII-2 because I really need ice/VIII stuff and I had zero dupes.

3/11 - Rinoa Glint, Rinoa AOSB, Laguna CSB
1/11 - Selphie BSSB

Wifey's luck continues to be incredible, since she's the one who snagged me Greg CSB last time, and Laguna CSB on first try! Probably should have stopped there, but there were a lot more prizes I wanted, so I had her pull again. This time she bombed with 1/11 Selphie BSSB, boo.

Still, got the absolute grand prize in the chain. I don't have Rinoa USBs or her (ice) LMRs - only her bSSB2 and her En-Earth LMR - but hopefully with Laguna CSB and either Vivi or Shantotto I should have enough to beat Typhon now. Sadly, Slydra is still likely out of the question, since Squall got nothing here, and all I have for him (that's relevant) is BSSB2. Looks like I now have to turn to KH for potential Sora AASB to give me an early Syldra (non-radiant, sanity-keeping) clear.

Depending on what we find out about KH, I may yet do another pull here. Aside from Squall, Quistis would be great for Torment, since I'm still lacking buff support there. And I'm only 4/14 on the banner overall. I should probably save though...

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem quistis glint. Awesome! I have her USB and she is legend dived. I think my torment is at sub 60 so this perhaps could give it a little boost. I haven't tried end game content since December though.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
JPN Report is out. Among other things, KH event will also feature Roxas and Axle. 6* Ice shooter coming. Next events are VI (Locke), I (WoL), and VIII (End of Month, Selphie), with named characters 99% likely getting AASBs.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, dumped 3 pulls into banner 2 hoping for a chain, nope - got everything but.

That being said I am maxed out on Ice power now lol. Wind magicite will probably be the very last one I do at this rate.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
New softcaps! Earth magicites! Wind Pickup banner! Chocobo Exchange update (crystals!)

Oh snap! We actually got compensation (3 Stamina potions though) for that 120 stamina dungeon in VIII event. Strange, since I'm pretty sure JPn got nothing for it, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks.

Those are really high now. But I guess with legendary weapons, it won't be hard to reach those numbers

2k mag tho

edit: Also, going by the datamine, looks like Awakening is the official english term for AASBs

edit2: And, the 'Awakening Launch' lines up with the KH event. pikachu_shocked.png

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Does the new soft cap change how we approach RMs (atk boost vs damage boost) and weapons (element boost vs atk)?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
First try against Hec. Got it down to half health. Yes, this is doable, but I probably need to finish my wind deck for this.

Thankfully, Cloud's USB can deal with the savage mode, there's no way for me to beat Typhon

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
N7Voe6K.jpg

Four times down, need four more. Still haven't beat BK lol

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to go back and clean up some Torments today. There were a couple of D280s that I needed to get sub 30.

First was FF12. Since i fought him I pulled Vaan USB2/Ashe USB and Penelo BSB2. A team of Vaan/Vayne/Ashe/Penelo/Larsa won easily in 25s. (He was almost dead in 20s but he put up his magic pailing and my realm chain ran out)

Next was FF6. Used Elarra/Locke/Terra/Relm/Cyan. Decided to see if I could beat it without worrying about the sleep. Terra basically did most of the work herself with her BUSB/AOSB and I won in 29s. A boostga would be nice for the realm.

I pulled on the FF8 banner 2 and got Selphie's USB2/BSB2 so I decided to dive her and see how I could do on the FF8 D???. Ended up getting 78% much to my surprise. My team:

Selphie USB2/LMR LD
Rinoa OSB (LMRs for En-earth and W-cast, not LD, was a pure earth mage)
Quistis USB
Zell BSB1/LMR1
Squall USB2/LMR1 ( LD)

This is now the best I've done on D???. If I pulled something useful for Rinoa and Zell I could probably get a comfortable win.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

HAH

Finally, got D??? Cuchu down! The time is nowhere near the best I could do with my FFT tech, but I finally did it.

Ramza: Guardbringer/Full Break, DMT, Shout/USB2/LMR1
TGC: Assault Sabre x2, Truthseeker, USB/LMR
Ovelia: Curada/Hastega, Lionheart, USB
Marche: Healing Smite/Banishing Strike, MM, USB
Agrias: Shellga/Lifesiphon, Ace Striker, BSB

4* dive on Agrias, full dive on everyone else

I was pretty limited by my abilities here. And Ramza was pretty much Shout bot here, and Agrias was here just to imperil with her BSB.

For a F2P, my FFT gear is super strong. I was not happy not being able to kill this thing with all this stuff. The softcap buff timing was just perfect

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Did a trial run against Heca and stomped him in 22:51. Kinda embarrassing actually, cause with my physical wind firepower, I should be able to sub-20 easy. Didn't realise he had a 50% ATK/MAG debuff attack, though, which would explain why my damage got cut in half at one point (I used OK BSSB in addition to Zack CSB, so the former was overwritten). Need to be on the lookout for that, but farming will wait until this weekend.

Full team:

Cloud (LM1+LMR2): Life Siphon, Raging Quadstrike, GAthering Storm (Glint/USB1/USb2/AOSB)
Shelke (LM1+LM2): Wrath, Entrust, BAttelforged
OK (LMR): Meltdown, Entrust, Mako Might (BSSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): Protectga, Curada, DMT (USB)
Zack (LM1+LM2): Life Siphon, Ripping Blast, Ace Striker (CSB/BSSB)

Magicite: Tiamat (haven't tackle the wind magicites as yet)

Adamantoise will have to wait.

Also dd the USB Dream Select: 1/11, Thancred BSSb2 yuck. Dunno what to select as yet, as I need physical ice and wind magic, so I've narrowed things down to Barby, Squall 2 or Laguna, but I also want Zidane USb2.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Ashe USB, Basch USB2, Laguna USB, Zidane USB2

Lots of choices and all of them are useful for torments as I haven't cleared any of those.

Edit: Forgot Barbs USB, got her LMR some time ago so she would definitely be useful right about now.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Redid my Heca team for more offense and managed to get a sub-17 (16:51 to be exact), but I tried for an hour afterwards to repeat and couldn't get that time again. Mostly seems to be in the 18 second range.

Cloud (LM1+LMR2): Life Siphon, Raging Quadstrike, Gathering Storm (Glint/USB1/USb2/AOSB)
Ignis (LMR+LM2): Wrath, Entrust, DMT (BSSB)
Zidane (LM2+LMR2): Life Siphon, Storm Assault, Scholar's Boon (USB1)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): Protectga, Curada, MM (USB1)
Zack (LM1+LM2): Flash Disaster, Ripping Blast, Acestriker (CSB/BSSB)

Magicite: Tiamat (still no Typhon), Belias (w/ Deadly Strikes inherited), Slyph, Evrae x2

This was my first time using Zidane USB1 and first time using Ignis BSSB seriously. It's like a ghetto version of Tyro USB4 setups. Worked pretty well here. Now I just need to get Zidane USB2/AOSB (and AASB later) and I can do a version of Cloud and Friends.

Rough turn order as is:

Cloud: Life Siphon x2, Glint, USB1, USB2, AOSB
Ignis: BSSB, wrath, entrust Cloud, CMD2 Zidane, wrath, entrust Cloud
Zidane: Life Siphon self, Life Siphon (Trance), USB1, Storm Assault spam, USB1
Elarra: Protectga, wait for Zidance to trance then USB1, Curada, USB1, Curada spam
Zack: Flash Disaster, RW, Flash Disaster, CSB, Flash Disaster, BSSB, Ripping Blast spam

As it is, my fastest run had Heca at 50% HP at 15 seconds with Cloud standing by to gain gauge for AOSB, after which it finished him off at 35,000x20+99999. But I haven't been able to replicate this after an hour of trying. As I said, it seems to hover in the 18 second range. I really don't know what turns I used to get that fast a time. It can't be RNG because I don't use raging Quad with Cloud and Zidane dualcast, at most, would give an extra 40000. Maybe he dualcast a bunch of times and I didn't notice? I'll try again on the weekend, since I still need 5 more of this.

I at least need to change my deck to make this any faster, since it's still mostly 4* stuff for Midgardsomr.

HIlariously, on a whim I tried this team against Midgardsomr and... I also got in the 18 second range, which is actually slower than my previous team (Cloud/Shelke/OK/Elarra/Zack) because Midgard doesn't attack as often as Heca (and also hits harder, BTW) so gauge build is slower with Ignis around compared to Shelke.

Still have Typhon, Syldra and Adamantoise to fight. I should be able to beat Typhon now since I got Rinoa AOSB and Laguna CSB, but Syldra is still a no go outside of Radiant (HELL no) and while I mighti have enough to fight Adamantoise, I need Syldra to break savage. So after Typhon I might be stuck until KH, since I'll likely need Sora AASB to beat Syldra.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Quick question, is Elarra pretty much mandatory for 5* magicites? Because practically every team I see uses her USB... which I don't have.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
It's not mandatory, but it does help a lot. Somr people will run Aerith usb2 with physical teams, and most high end healing USBs will be ok.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question, is Elarra pretty much mandatory for 5* magicites? Because practically every team I see uses her USB... which I don't have.
A healer USB makes things much easier. But you dont need elarra specifically. I dont have it either, and I already have 2 5* magicites beaten, and 1 almost working

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A healer USB makes things much easier. But you dont need elarra specifically. I dont have it either, and I already have 2 5* magicites beaten, and 1 almost working
Who's your healer? If it's Aerith, that's almost as good as having Elarra.

My best healers are Eiko and Rosa (and maybe Larsa for Hector?), and they just won't cut it if I only take one of them.

Oct 29, 2017
Ugh. 3/33 on Dream Select pulls, all dupes. :(

Chose Squall USB2, Palom LMR, Ysayle BSB.

At least Hecatoncheir is easy... sub-30 on the first try with fully loaded Cloud/Zack/Zidane wind god team.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who's your healer? If it's Aerith, that's almost as good as having Elarra.

My best healers are Eiko and Rosa (and maybe Larsa for Hector?), and they just won't cut it if I only take one of them.
Ovelia, if surviving is an issue. Relm otherwise.

I really wanted Eiko USB, because it has LS and haste, with how much haste-dispel 5* magicites use, it would help a lot

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time deciding on the USB select. The contenders are Minwu or Rem for holy magic, Barbaricia or Alph for wind magic, or Celes because waifu.

For holy magic I already have Hope's usb, and for wind I have Alph's chain.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies

Mandatory? No.

But the thing about Elarra, specifically, is that she not only has incredibly useful healing with her Regenga (this alone can weather most of 5* magicites' attacks, while it lasts anyway), but the party High Quick Cast 2 is invaluable for speeding up everyone. which is crucial to sub-30'ing 5* magicites (and 4*, for that matter, but you could get away without that kind of turn compression in 4*; in 5* it's absolutely mandatory if you're looking for sub-30 clear, at least until AASBs give characters the ability to output hundreds of thousands of damage per turn). Sub-30 is what most end game players are aiming for, not just because it gives you the best rewards in terms of arcana, but also because the faster you win, the less of a slog the fight is, and the less amount of real time you spend fighting. I can sub-25 Phoenix near-mindlessly, and this fight still takes 8 or 9 minutes of real time to run. And when you have to farm these things repeatedly not just to fill out your decks, but also to max inheritance, it's sub-30 or don't bother.

Most top tier healers will at least let you win, depending on what else you're bringing to the table. If having trouble, two healers usually helps, but of course, that cuts into DPS, thereby making the fights longer and harder than they would be otherwise.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Mulling over doing the BSB select to get Ingus BSB. Would be fun to have. Or I could just save that and use it on KH for a chance at an awakening ( if I go thru my mythril stash unsuccessfully).

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
so check my logic here

if i get e.g. celes double USB

she'll get powercreeped by Bartz AASB

so the game's going to give me Bartz AASB if I pick celes USB because that's how life sucks

but

that means i'm guaranteed Bartz AASB for the price of 1 10pull

i get the last laugh

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
so check my logic here

if i get e.g. celes double USB

she'll get powercreeped by Bartz AASB

so the game's going to give me Bartz AASB if I pick celes USB because that's how life sucks

but

that means i'm guaranteed Bartz AASB for the price of 1 10pull

i get the last laugh

This logic is flawless. Celes usb was already on my shortlist for the dream select, so this makes the choice easy.

Checkmate DeNa/Rngesus!

And yes Bartz aasb is generally considered the best because it's so versatile.

Oct 29, 2017
The softcap increase is real. I just took a 34-second D??? Oogie Boogie clear to an under-the-wire sub-30, and that was with terrible RNG-- no imperil procs from Agrias, barely any w-cast despite every damn member of the team being able to w-cast. It could have been much better.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The softcap increase is real. I just took a 34-second D??? Oogie Boogie clear to an under-the-wire sub-30, and that was with terrible RNG-- no imperil procs from Agrias, barely any w-cast despite every damn member of the team being able to w-cast. It could have been much better.

Yeah I know, just ran a few 4star fire magi runs for mission purposes and the damage was a good 30 plus percent higher.

My best was 20 seconds after like 100s of runs average was like 25. Got to 16 seconds in 3 runs.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
So starting to work on the 4* magicite wheel again, and have a couple of questions.

I've been more or less following WarAdept's fantastic post here that helped me break down 4* deck building in a way that made sense to me. I've cleared all of the 4* magicites except Holy/Dark and I have some of the farming "done" in those cases; for example right now I have x2 level 99 Marilis and King Bombs (for fire attack and fire magic teams respectively) and a level 99 Firemane with another level 99 Firemane inherited on it for the double Dampen Blizzard. Given that some of the 5* magicites are out AND with recent balance changes, I'm wondering a few things now:

-At this point is running a double Ward magicite worth it still? WarAdept recommended it in his post and on reddit I saw mixed opinions about it at the time, but I'm seeing that Wards got a bit of a nerf with the last update and Health Boon is possibly a better option now? I'm sitting on multiple extra level 1 Krystas I could use for Blade Ward inheritence and don't want to have to pay to expand my magicite inventory space so trying to see what I should do here.

-Related to above, in light of 5* magicites and recent changes what should I be inheriting on my elemental attacks magicites such as my x2 Marilis/King Bombs above? I haven't inherited anything on those yet, not sure if I should toss Health Boons on there, or maybe put Wards on those (if that's an option, I forget how some of the compatibility works on inheritance) or?

Worth noting that while I don't mind doing more grinding than some folks and I'm not looking for the ultra laziest deck possible, I'm also not looking to min/max super hardcore for 1% gains etc. I'm also stuck playing the game on a tablet right now with no drop tracker (don't ask) so I'm winding up with lots of extra magicites right now that I don't need and so while I don't really mind since I need Major Arcana super bad I'm nearing the point where I need to start focusing on what I'm doing for my next step.