• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Still deciding whether to pull this kh banner or not.

Originally I decided 100 myths (have over a thousand saved for 4a) for both banners. I got lucky in banner 1 and got both AASB and a slew of gear for sora. (Along with last time I have everything for sora except his aosb and some glint)

Is it even worth pulling here or should I go even harder on 4a banner 3.

With bartz AASB I would pretty much cover every non holy/dark element. (Plus my other tech for him is ever better than sora)

Also terra is better than axel because she can use summons. While would allow me to cover 5 elements with her as well as destroy thing with aoe.

Basically I plan on going super hard on banner 3. Is there any point of getting both axel and terra or would terra basically invalidate him.

Sora with lmr AASB and usb or Bsb is basically melting a lot of my trouble content right now. (He technically can cover all 6 elements) I can probably wait till 4a before I need to start thinking about needing a magic AASB.

Lack of torments and possibly to being stagnant is another major problem with axel and roxas.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also terra is better than axel because she can use summons. While would allow me to cover 5 elements with her as well as destroy thing with aoe.

Basically I plan on going super hard on banner 3. Is there any point of getting both axel and terra or would terra basically invalidate him.

Terra is probably better especially off-element. She's also a wind mage with an upcoming Dissidia hero event while for Axel it's a pretty minor component of his soul breaks. I like physical Axel more than mage Axel. Could be because Manticore has high res with all its buffs or it's because physical is able to crit and reach the softcap way easier. Terra also gets the hottest stuff because she's one of the more popular characters. Furthermore people aren't really convinced with off-element Axel from what I saw. Didn't try him off-element yet. Oh and you could always end up with only glints and LMRs for pretty limited characters. This is the biggest risk for the KH banners.
You can also get 2 dupes for banner 3 with Cloud's new dark stuff. I don't think they will change it for banner 3 because that banner still introduces us his dark LMR and glint.
So yeah if you aren't a big KH fan you should probably skip it for Terra. In the future Vincent will get an AASB in a FF VII event with 2 other AASBs.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
ccbfan Save your mythril and go hard for Bartz/Terra. Axel & Roxas aren't as good as future Awakenings (Terra, Rydia, TGCid) unlike Sora and Riku who hold up well compared to Bartz/Sephiroth.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Just remember there is a d??? Torment to do for the FF chars.

There isn't any (yet) for KH.

Since there's only 4 kh characters I doubt there will be anytime soon.

Decided not to pull anymore. Lmr/aasb/usb/bsb sora is too op. Haven't felt such a drop in difficulty since getting tgcid in fft. I can wait for terra and tgcid aasb.

MegamanFreak

Oct 27, 2017
Would you dive Roxas with his AOSB + Glint? My physical holy team is lacking, with only Orlandeau USB and Ramza Chain. My hades team wins involved using Minwu USB2 to help build up chain hit counts.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Would you dive Roxas with his AOSB + Glint? My physical holy team is lacking, with only Orlandeau USB and Ramza Chain. My hades team wins involved using Minwu USB2 to help build up chain hit counts.

How desperate are you to make your Hades clear a bit easier right now?

Honestly, I'd wait until both the 5* Holy Mags come about and see what you can do about them. Most people are going to be gunning for Orlandeau's AASB along with the appropriate Holy Imperil support for it on the physical side.

MegamanFreak

Oct 27, 2017
How desperate are you to make your Hades clear a bit easier right now?

Honestly, I'd wait until both the 5* Holy Mags come about and see what you can do about them. Most people are going to be gunning for Orlandeau's AASB along with the appropriate Holy Imperil support for it on the physical side.

Not desperate at all. I can sub 30 him most of the time when i last fought him. I have moved on to 5 magicites, so this was just at the back of my mind. Thanks for the advice.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jesus H. Christ, Fritz! What is this ridiculous luck and where can I get some? o_O

I spent 200 mythril on banner 3 and got every disco except the AASBs. I can't afford to have something similar on banner 2, despite 0 dupes - at least banner 1's main consolation prize of Squall USB4 was instramental in a (stable) Syldra sub-30, which I was expecting (though the 40-banner giving me his AOSB was also extremely important); while I want Dark Cloud stuff, I'd rather pull on anniversary for it alongside (hopefully) Terra/Bartz AASBs. Roxas's stuff would be okay, especially since my Holy options are ancient and weak, but Axel would be useless. It's basically AASB or bust. Can't take the risk. I've had some decent luck of late, but I don't have friz's luck.

chronobeej:

Which is more important, or which is more likely for you to target in the short to medium term: FFVII D??? Torment, FFIV D??? Torment, or 5* magicites? Vivi and Palom will both work for 5* magicites and their respective Torments (I picked Vivi, personally); if you have Elarra, Aerith is likely to be used for VII D??? only, BUT is still excellent to have as an option in 5* when Elarra might not work out for you (Syldra is a bitch). Seph is the most futureproof since it chains with his AASB; don't forget that even after 5* magicites are done, Odin is left to conquer in all elements.

Mr Daravon:

If you're going to use Kuja, try moving him to the bottom slot. The ones in the middle get hit by 3-slot moves the most and hence take the most damage.

In my experience, you don't need Protectga. Run Dispel/Ultra Cure on OK.

Without a chain, Shadow will be very suspect here, especially for her counter-Curaga phase. Diving him would help, but I think you have better options. Sephiroth would probably be better, if you're willing to hone up some addition dark abilities. If you don't want another copy of Dread Weapon/Sanguine Cross, you can got for Death Throes/Reaping Scythe. It's safer and will chain with OK BSSB. Since he has En-Dark LMR, he can just spam abilities -> AOSB at the end to blow through Siren's Phase 3. If the fight is taking long or you have excessive gauge, you can do BSSB2 -> AOSB if you wish.

Otherwise, Raines works as well. My sub-25 Siren team uses LD Vayne (OSB/LMR) with Death Throes/Reaping Scythe, LD Raines (BSSB) with Memento MOri/Dire Heal, LD OK BSSB/LMR with Dispel/Ultra Cure, Aphmau with Shellga/Curaga, and LD Kuja (BSSB/OSB/LMR) with Memento Mori/Dark Zone. I run Gathering Storm on Kuja who handles RW and magicite. The only issue with Raines is that he has no Silence resist in his dive, so he might get tagged. In my experience, OK w/ Ultra Cure can cure him and I can still sub-30, but if OK gets tagged by SIlence, that's a restart.

And Aerith USB2 is generally a good pick for select, since aside from being near mandatory for Torment, it's always good to have it as an option when Elarra doesn't work out. Otherwise, the most futureproof picks, if you don't have them, are probably Zidane USB2 and Sephiroth USb2 since they work with their AASBs (Sephiroth's AASB is practically designed to chain into USB2).

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Is it still worth picking up any of these healing USBs? FWIW I have Elarra USB, Aerith USB2 and some others.

Eiko USB
Yuna USB
Aphmau USB

Still worth getting, or no? I ask since I have terrible heals in these realms, but in a lot of cases they can be offset with either Elarra/Aerith.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is it still worth picking up any of these healing USBs? FWIW I have Elarra USB, Aerith USB2 and some others.

Eiko USB
Yuna USB
Aphmau USB

Still worth getting, or no? I ask since I have terrible heals in these realms, but in a lot of cases they can be offset with either Elarra/Aerith.
If you have Elarra and Aerith2, I don't really think its worth. Yuna1 is also not instant, so imo its the weakest out of those 3. And all of them will be available through Anima Lenses in the future, so if you can wait, I think its better to choose something else.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017

Eiko USB
Yuna USB
Aphmau USB

The only reason I can think of to get a healing usb besides Elarra or Aerith is of you need for the Torment dungeon.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ultra7:

Those would be mostly used in Torment only. Yuna is still decent for MP, and Eiko and Aphmau can be used in niche situations (Dispel shenanigans mainly), but you're hardly likely to use them outside of Torment when you already have Elarra/Aerith.

Of those, Eiko is the most important for her Torment. You can actually beat X and XI Torments without healer USBs, depending on what else you have, but IX is a real bastard.

re: LEnses

It really ought to be pointed out that, yes, while stuff will be available for "free" via Lenses, even after it drops in June, it'll take players an average of two months to collect enough Lenses for one, so you're looking at August at the earliest to get your first.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply guys. More or less confirms what I thought.

Does Cloud USB1 still have value if I have his 2nd?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Thanks for the reply guys. More or less confirms what I thought.

Does Cloud USB1 still have value if I have his 2nd?

Uh, Cloud USB1 is the Cloud relic to have, the one that makes everything else busted. His USB2 is nice, and it is extremely powerful combined with his USB1, but when Cloud's AASB comes along, you're not likely to use it (depending on what else you have). Cloud USB1 is the game-breaker, the sole reason why Cloud is still a top tier character in the age of AASB when he has no 6* ability to take advantage of.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized Banner 5 had both Ignis's BSB and his LMR. (Also 4 elemental chains 2 I don't have)

Going to go super hard on this.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, Cloud USB1 is the Cloud relic to have, the one that makes everything else busted. His USB2 is nice, and it is extremely powerful combined with his USB1, but when Cloud's AASB comes along, you're not likely to use it (depending on what else you have). Cloud USB1 is the game-breaker, the sole reason why Cloud is still a top tier character in the age of AASB when he has no 6* ability to take advantage of.

Thought as much. Will likely pick this one up then. Spent a whole ton of mythril chasing it and never did get it, but it's good to know it's got some staying power going forward. Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017

chronobeej:

Which is more important, or which is more likely for you to target in the short to medium term: FFVII D??? Torment, FFIV D??? Torment, or 5* magicites? Vivi and Palom will both work for 5* magicites and their respective Torments (I picked Vivi, personally); if you have Elarra, Aerith is likely to be used for VII D??? only, BUT is still excellent to have as an option in 5* when Elarra might not work out for you (Syldra is a bitch). Seph is the most futureproof since it chains with his AASB; don't forget that even after 5* magicites are done, Odin is left to conquer in all elements.

I've decided to wait until near the end until I make my decision. I am going to see how much magicite progress I can make before I make my decision. I beat Belias with Rikku(CSB/BSB)/Kimarhi(USB/BSB)/OK(USB3)/Ularra(USB)/Selphie(USB2/LMR). I haven't tried it since but I am sure I can replicate it. Manticore should be easy with a team using some of Terra(USB2/AOSB)/Ace(BSB/USB/OSB)/Braska(USB/LMR)/Krile(USB/LMR).

I'm not sure if Edea(USB1)/Ysayle(USB)/OK(mUSB)/Rinoa(BSB2/w-cast LMR) and OK(USB3)/Yuna(USB2)/Alphinaud(BSB)/Zack(CSB) would be enough for Typhon and Adamantoise. If I can't beat them then I'll probably grab one of Vivi or Palom. Magicite is my short term goal right now.

I think I could maybe get close to sub30 D??? for FF7 if I picked Aerith. I have Zack(CSB/USB) /Cloud(USB1/2/Glint/AOSB) /Shelke /Tifa(USB2/LMR) /Yuffie(USB2) to choose from. FF4 team needs lots of work but with Palom and Edward USB I could probably do decent damage. Will probably choose Aerith if I manage to progress through magicite.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
chronobeej:

You have the DPS relics to take out Typhon, BUT without a chain it's going to be extremely rough. I'm not sure if you have enough firepower to get past Phase 1 Snort.

A bigger issue for Adamantoise is breaking savage. Without a mage OSB, you need Syldra. WOrse, Syldra's follow-ups might not break Savage without high chain/imperils. Chain-aside, Adamantoise doesn't seem to need heavy DPS to beat, but that savage mode and extreme tankiness makes the fight something of a slog (or so I've been told; it's the only 5* I haven't attempted as yet; still putting together my wind decks).

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the advice. The lack of an ice chain has made all the wind magicite fights tough for me. I'll spend the next week getting through the ice to see if I can beat Typhon with what I have.

With Adamantoise, would OK OSB do well enough to break the savage mode? If so, I might stand a chance. My wind deck is also pretty weak so hopefully I can take out Syldra.

I decided to do one more pull on the KH banner 1 to see if I can get something for Sora besides his AASB and got Yuffie's USB3. I'm definitely done with the banner now. I'm only 3/14 but i'm not spending any more Mythril to chase after any relics. I much rather go after other characters relics(Bartz most likely) who are guaranteed to show up more than once to give myself better odds to get them.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
vXDYSk8l.jpg

totally not 1 year late

no ramza USB remains my greatest FFRK regret

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized I have Vayne OSB (Dark magic sword) and I just pulled Riku AASB.

Is Riku a better darkness magic user or physical user.
He's meant to be a physical unit but you'll be able make him a mage with his jesus mode (AASB) like any darkness user who has one can be. crystal water stat ups for his magic and the future magia stat up system can pump his magic up along with the Vayne sword.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ugh Sad to say, I guess Xetherion has quit FFRK. I knew he hadnt posted here in a while, but neither had I until KH awakenings, but I was clearing out my friends list today, and I show Xeth at 52 days. Sad Day.

My friends code for anybody who hasn't got it from the last few times we passed them around is -----> fegv

Being friends with people on here can reap great benefits, like for example, if you have tsakiki on your friends list, you gain access to the prestige and widely acclaimed Lulu Unique Relic for magic boost! (lol) Anyway, wanted to pass the news. Hope you all are doing great!

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'm back- been through a few layers of hell in terms of work but managed to keep up with all first-time rewards since November, although stamina has gone p much 75% unused, I'm just actually starting on magicites (Ice both down) and making good on the predictions/assessment on my torment clear potential. I'm probably gonna spend about 50 Mythril on crystals/magicite deck/etc and make up the difference with a $$$ gem pull just as kind of a 'well if I'd spent all my stam in the past few months this is where I'd be for hones'.

Kinda a little miffed I didn't get to do a lot of this prior to the softcap rebalance but oh well. Since Sora/Riku Awakenings aren't quite useful in torments without a very specific setup this still at least maintains *some* dignity prior to 4A, heh.

FFT sub30'd

FFV dwhale down to 34s. Easy sub30 if I can get Bartz to quadcast twice in a run, so I'm moving on for now to something that isn't just spamming attempts hoping for RNG. Probably going to go through all of them in release order since I've had significant natural powercreep in more than a few.

IV should also be a sub30

XII (lol Reks), VII, VIII all should technically be clearable

X, XV, XIII, IX, III, T0, VI should all be in the 70-90% range, with VI maaaybe clearable since I meme picked Celes USB.

no idea about XI, XIV, while I, II is likely just going to be painful.

tsakiki

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh Sad to say, I guess Xetherion has quit FFRK. I knew he hadnt posted here in a while, but neither had I until KH awakenings, but I was clearing out my friends list today, and I show Xeth at 52 days. Sad Day.

My friends code for anybody who hasn't got it from the last few times we passed them around is -----> fegv

Being friends with people on here can reap great benefits, like for example, if you have tsakiki on your friends list, you gain access to the prestige and widely acclaimed Lulu Unique Relic for magic boost! (lol) Anyway, wanted to pass the news. Hope you all are doing great!
Poor Lulu, I don't think anyone cares about her anymore and I really should change it to something else.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Not getting much value out of Riku awakening. Have a faster siren clear without slotting him. If I put him in there I can no longer sub 30 :(

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Not getting much value out of Riku awakening. Have a faster siren clear without slotting him. If I put him in there I can no longer sub 30 :(

Really? I do better with Riku Awakening (with Seifer Chain) than I do with Sephiroth USB2 and AOSB with Seifer Chain.

I also have Riku LD'ed already, so he tripe casts often, and one time I had his USB going at same time, so he was Tripe Casting, followed by 2 Chases, and the hits were 14-17k per hit. The chase even hit over cap a few times.

All of that with Dread Strike or whatever as my only ability slotted.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Really? I do better with Riku Awakening (with Seifer Chain) than I do with Sephiroth USB2 and AOSB with Seifer Chain.

I also have Riku LD'ed already, so he tripe casts often, and one time I had his USB going at same time, so he was Tripe Casting, followed by 2 Chases, and the hits were 14-17k per hit. The chase even hit over cap a few times.

All of that with Dread Strike or whatever as my only ability slotted.

Yeah mine is fully dived as well. I think it's decil being a superstar. I have his USB and arcane so he deals it out then 300k at the end.

Did another pull on kh1. Happy with the outcome. Riku arcane, yuffie ultra and lmr. Needed that arcane for Riku and I needed another 7 character for torment.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Is there a consensus on abilities like Aegis Strike and Lifebane?
Aegis Strike seems situational at best and Lifebane being non elemental seems kind of bad. Am I missing something?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
For the job mote abilities most are bad, a couple are situationally useful, and only Allegro con Motto and Snowspell Strike are outright good.

Fake Edit: I guess Sky High is pretty good now that they bumped it to 5 hits.

Oct 29, 2017
Is there a consensus on abilities like Aegis Strike and Lifebane?
Aegis Strike seems situational at best and Lifebane being non elemental seems kind of bad. Am I missing something?

No. The only thing that made Aegis Strike useful was the increased meter build from being a 6* ability, but now with Healing Smite available, it's totally outclassed.

Lifebane is a fun ability for characters like Master Monk, but non-elemental is so out of favor right now that there's always better options.

Beat Adamantoise last night, that's all current 5* magicites down. :)

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thanks for all the replies!

Also magicite exp change: That's a good thing but damnit I've spent the last two weeks burning a ton of Major Arcana to level my 4* magicites :/

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Woah you get 2 magicite now per 4* fight.

Thats awesome since I've been lazy with 4* farming since I stopped rolling 5 months ago and couldn't sub 30 any 4* magicite except the fire one. (Now with Sora AASB/LMR/USB, I can brainlessly and safely sub 30 all of them except Hades.)

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Belias for the 4th time. Definitely rough with what I have but I developed a pretty consistent win. I was getting wrecked by the Savage Firaja/Savage Hellfire back to back in Phase 3 but I was able to push my DPS up where I was able to skip the first Beserk so I could use Selphie's Dreamstage to blink the Savage Firaja instead. Still have 4 magicites left to complete for my Mythril.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm almost beating Hecatoncheir, but.. How do you survive that start of phase 3? The instant Gaia Rush - instant Savage Gaian Salvo - instant Chain Cannons combo deals 7k+ damage, and always kills someone

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Quick question regarding starting up on 5* magicites:
I figured I would try to start with elements where I have a 2.0 chain to make things easier. From what I understand most 5* need some kind of Over Damage cap abilities to break enrage right?
My problem is that I have only 2 CSB 2.0. Physical water where I don't have any nice OSB/AOSB and magic Fire where I have Terra AOSB but not a single DPS USB so it seems like I'm kind of screwed. Is that the case?
In that case, is there a know "easier" 5* I should start with? (I also have Physical lighting CSB 1.0 which can help I guess?)

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
The lightning magicites are "easier" due to the heavy ability Stone Press which can break the damage cap for Quetzalcoatl. Behemoth King you can leave in his enraged mode because it makes him take more damage. It also increases his damage output so you need good mitigation/healing if you're planning to leave him enraged.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux:

Lightning magicites (earth-weak) are the recommended ones to start with.

Quetz: The 5* Heavy ability Stone Press is designed specifically to break its Savage
King Behemoth: It's actually better if you don't break his Savage, as long as you an withstand the increased incoming damage, because he takes more damage during it.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thank for the info, my earth teams aren't too bad so I guess there is some hope :)
Time to finish up my 4* earth deck then!

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Yuffie can build a chain.....

Took her out for a spin in the d280 ff7. Cut 50 seconds off my time. 15 hits per turn, wowza.

Did another pull on banner 1, didn't get Sora awakening but did get his burst. Now have his arcane, bsb, and lmr. Awakening would be nice but that burst should make him useable at least. Going to pull 1 or 2 more times...

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Yowza, that XIII D260 was annoying. 20,000 healing every turn. And my XIII sucks. I went OG with debuffs with Sahz (SSB2) and a bunch of BSSBs from Raines/Vanille/Serah and Hope OSB (cause aside from undived Lightning with USB1, that's all I have for XIII). Second use of GodWall actually ran out near the end since I had to use my second one to get back Hastega after Belch/Dispel. Not a hard fight, just a real slog. Still mastered with full medals.

Stomped out the D220/D180m with the same team. I forgot to change the wind abilities from Hope for D220 that absorbs wind, so he was completely worthless, LOL. So it basically became a 4-man party. Meh.