• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I somehow went to full on awesome dark squad.

Have Riku awakening, seph arcane and usb2, decil USB and lmrs. And several others.

Just need a dark chain :(

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hojo Infernal MP is so much easier than the others.

I hope that's the last one for a while though, they're a lot of work.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Tried Quetz just to test the water. I survived kind of ok but damn was my damage crap. I still need to complete my earth magicite deck but I don't see it making that big a difference. This is gonna be interesting!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Stupid Adamantoise. First try, I got him down to 0 HP, and could not finish the job. Had him there for maybe 5 turns, but I ran out of everything - chain, imperils, hones. Only Ultimecia BSSB was left to do anything, and that was doing pitiful damage. But more annoying, I guess he reached Enraged so I just kept getting stunned repeatedly, then dehasted. I couldn't do anything even though he was at 0 HP. Frustration.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux: Remember that Quetz's Savage mode makes it take 50% damage. You absolutely have to deal with that if you want to win.

Anyway, complaining on the internet never fails. Managed to beat Adamantoise on my second try though. Mastered in a time of 52.09, with one medal lost for actions.

Zack (LM1+LM2): R5 Life Siphon, R4 Flash Disaster, Ace Striker (CSB/BSSB), double wind boost
Edge (LM1+LM2): R4 Raging Storm, R5 Raging Storm, Battleforged (SSB2), one wind boost
OK (LMR+BLK LM2): R5 Meltdown, R3 Protectga, MM (mUSB), double wind boost
Ultimecia (LM1+LM2): R4 Tornado, R4 Dark Valefor, Scholar's Boon (USB/BSSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R3 Dispel, R3 Allegro Con Moto. DMT (USB)

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Syldra (L8 HP Boon/L15 Dampen Earth), Typhon (L15 Empower Wind x2), Quetz (L15 Mag Boon x2), Siren, Evrae (L8 HP Boon)

Extremely rough turn order:

Zack: Life Siphon x3, CSB after Elarra USB, Flash Disaster, BSSB, Flash Disaster -> BSSB, refresh Chain, Flash Disaster -> BSSB, spam BSSB commnds, refresh chain/BSSB as necessary

Edge: RW, Raging Storm spam, SSB2 before any confusing attack or de-Haste if OK isn't ready, otherwise Raging Storm spam

OK: mUSB, Protectga, Meltdown spam, refresh mUSB after Phase 2/3 de-Haste, refresh RW after Elarra USB around 28 seconds, refresh Syldra when available, otherwise Meltdown spam

Ultimecia: Dark Valefor x3, USB, Tornado x4, BSSB, CMD1 x2, CMD2 xN, BSSB, CMD1 x2, CMD2 xN, Valefor if necessary

Elarra: Wait until 3:50 then Dispel, USB after Phase 1 Turn 4 Pound, Allegro, Dispel after any Savage Adamant Guard, Allegro to build meter, USB when available

The fight is really long so I don't exactly have the turns memorized, especially since I only just ran it. I was just giving a general idea of what each character is doing.

The first two phases of the fight are simple, but Savage Adamant Guard and Savage mode screws things up. With gen 1 chain, Syldra can't break Savage past initial attack unless IMperils are at 6, though I think I got it to break savage with high chain count and imperil at 4 and after Savage Adamant GUard had worn off. Not sure.

Last phase of the fight is a real slog. The second time, I used more chain building with Zack with his BSSB CMD1 (I had to look up what his burst commands did since I've never used them, LOL) while I used Ultimecia BSSB twice. WIth high chain, her CMD2 was actually hitting for 9999x6, which was crucial to winning. I had 2 hones of Valefor left in case I hit 0 HP bar like on my first try, but thankfully I was able to finish it off before that happened. I honed Raging Storm to R5, though on my winning run I still had hones left over. Eh.

Anyway, I'll probably get 3 more copies of this with this team and call it a day. But not now - I'll wait until Full Open is over since there's no immediate need for a L99 Adamantoise. I just wanted to beat this, my last magicite, before Holy/Dark unlocked (there's a chance that we'll get Holy/Dark unlocked without having to beat the other 6, but I didn't want to take the chance). That's 11/12 sub-30, one with a sub-60. I'll take it.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
ld63z19l.jpg

CzG1Qd6l.jpg

sf1Kc8yl.jpg

Doing (22500x20) + 99999 for more than 1/4 of Jenova's dwhale's HP in one attack will never not be funny.

Unfortunately without Zack chain (defaulting to realm) and without Aerith USB a sub30 isn't possible. This is going to be a ~<50s kill at most.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Taking some of Shin's advice I got Siren down in 35 seconds! This is what I ran:

2OdFfvN.png

OK is running BSB as my best mixed boostega, Elarra with USB, TGC with USB, Sephiroth with ASB and Kuja with USB1.

I tried running Shadow Dragon as my main magicite for the imperil since my damage output here is still kinda low (without USB in effect TGC is hitting for like 4k a hit, Kuja ~5.5k a hit etc) but without having any 4* dark magicites my surviviability just isn't up to it and I wiped on the few attempts I made that way. Running OK with Ultra Cure and dropping Protectga was definitely good advice from Shin and makes a noticeable difference. Outside of tweaking things a bit I'm mostly kind of unsure what to do with Kuja and Seph. I've got Seph's BSB2 and ASB, and I'm running ASB here but it's doing like 2.7k a hit for the first 20 then 30-35k on the final hit depending; the fight also lasts long enough where I'm wondering if I should run BSB2 then ASB at the end? Also I think I'm going to go ahead and dive him; I've got his endark LMR, BSB2, OSB and ASB so he's probably worth it generally speaking anyway as probably my best physical dark dps (outside of maybe Garland weirdly?) and it would probably make a noticeable difference on this fight as well. His LM2 seems good, should I run that + endark LMR?

Kuja is dived already with his (imperil dark) BSB1, OSB and USB1, but I'm not sure which to use. He does good damage already with MM (about 5.5k a hit and he w-casts often); his USB doesn't do great damage on entry (about 2.5k x10) but the ability boost on it takes him up to a pretty good 7.5-8k a hit, but I've also not had the fight last long enough yet for the Ultima EX finisher to come out. His OSB is doing about 40k, or if he's got enDark up through his USB about 55k. I haven't tried his BSB1 here, but wondering if the dark imperil would wind up overall making that a better option here (maybe BSB into OSB at the end?). FWIW I'm also totally willing to take his MM up to r5 if that tips the scales into his USB being the best option.

tl;dr - What SB's should I be using for Kuja, and assuming diving Seph is a good idea for me what LM should I equip?

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Ugh Sad to say, I guess Xetherion has quit FFRK. I knew he hadnt posted here in a while, but neither had I until KH awakenings, but I was clearing out my friends list today, and I show Xeth at 52 days. Sad Day.
Yeah, several factors combined to lead to me quitting FFRK. The game has always been really laggy on Android phones, but I used to get around that with an emulator. It started getting to be just as bad even on emulator though. Then I also got really sick of the way they were designing end-game content, with unresistable status effects and instant death/99999 damage moves everywhere. And finally a friend persuaded me to try Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, which is a really fun turn-based rpg on mobile. So I kicked FFRK to the curb and play SWGOH instead now.

Didn't bother saying goodbye here because you hadn't been around in awhile, and I didn't think anyone else here would care that I left. But I suppose I should say that I enjoyed my time in this little community, and thanks to all of you who helped me out with advice on the game over the years. I wish you all the best, may your pulls be filled with non-dupe Awakenings or whatever the best relics are currently!

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Yeah, several factors combined to lead to me quitting FFRK. The game has always been really laggy on Android phones, but I used to get around that with an emulator. It started getting to be just as bad even on emulator though. Then I also got really sick of the way they were designing end-game content, with unresistable status effects and instant death/99999 damage moves everywhere. And finally a friend persuaded me to try Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, which is a really fun turn-based rpg on mobile. So I kicked FFRK to the curb and play SWGOH instead now.

Didn't bother saying goodbye here because you hadn't been around in awhile, and I didn't think anyone else here would care that I left. But I suppose I should say that I enjoyed my time in this little community, and thanks to all of you who helped me out with advice on the game over the years. I wish you all the best, may your pulls be filled with non-dupe Awakenings or whatever the best relics are currently!

Yay Glad you saw this. Ya I hadn't been having as much fun, not sure if it's me or the game or maybe just knowing I don't need to worry about falling behind since even a brand new account could quickly pull big on 4A and nearly be bleeding edge. I know Madvin also has this on "maintenance " status and Ultra7k hadn't been playing quite as much. Everybody for different reasons but I really think Awakenings being on the horizon attributed a lot to it.

I am having a lot of fun with Dissidia Opera Omnia and the game has changed a bit and seems really to be coming into its own. Maybe come try that again? Level 60 and new EX have added fun. Several of the community from here over there also.

Well anyway, glad you saw this message and maybe cross paths again soon at a future FF mobile game.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
friz898 you're making me curious about Opera Omnia. I tried it when it first came out but after a few weeks I dropped it because it felt really grindy (I think it was something about leveling up weapons or something like that that took way too long).
I'm currently playing FFBE on the side (very very casually, most of my phone time is for FFRK) and I'm considering dropping it too. I'm probably wrong but I feel like the combat system isn't super interseting. I either destroy my enemies or if I don't kill them in the first round then I get one shot in the next... Granted I haven't tried learning it better but that kind of stuff does not really give room for self learning (whereas in ffrk, most of the time, I can figure out at least some of where I went wrong and improve upon that).

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yay Glad you saw this. Ya I hadn't been having as much fun, not sure if it's me or the game or maybe just knowing I don't need to worry about falling behind since even a brand new account could quickly pull big on 4A and nearly be bleeding edge. I know Madvin also has this on "maintenance " status and Ultra7k hadn't been playing quite as much. Everybody for different reasons but I really think Awakenings being on the horizon attributed a lot to it.

I am having a lot of fun with Dissidia Opera Omnia and the game has changed a bit and seems really to be coming into its own. Maybe come try that again? Level 60 and new EX have added fun. Several of the community from here over there also.

Well anyway, glad you saw this message and maybe cross paths again soon at a future FF mobile game.
The Discord is still going strong (small, but strong), and we're actually absorbing some FFBE expats now.

That said, most of us are in maintenance mode until 4A, or at least not beating our heads against the wall trying to clear content. I'm just doing 5* magicites at a slow pace, and I've not attempted a single dWhale torment.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth going crazy for the KH Awakenings? I pulled once and only got Sora and Riku's materia armor, but I still have 700 crystals left. I was going to save them and go wild during anniversary, which is what I'm still leaning toward, but I thought it'd be good to ask in here to see if these banners are game-changers. I know the items in them will go away (maybe for good?) after these banners run out, but that doesn't bother me so much.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
The Discord is still going strong (small, but strong), and we're actually absorbing some FFBE expats now.

That said, most of us are in maintenance mode until 4A, or at least not beating our heads against the wall trying to clear content. I'm just doing 5* magicites at a slow pace, and I've not attempted a single dWhale torment.

When I was going through the Opera Omnia friend code list a week ago, I was thinking about you! Glad to see you're still around.

I don't know that I'll be back to having FFRK as my main game again, but I'm definitely not gone yet. I log in daily for the mythril and once I do the 4A pulls, I'll evaluate where I am at with the dWhales and 5* magicite. I haven't spent a dime on the game since I think Christmas, so that's good for my checkbook I suppose.

Jux I like it, but I don't know, gotta check out for yourself. jarekx and ultra7k just recently gave it 2nd chances, and I'm not sure how much it really pulled them in. Credo .... you really can't go wrong throwing 2-3 pulls at KH or saving all for 4A. I pulled 3 of the 4 awakenings with my 4 pulls, but I was very lucky. It may not seem worth it to you, if you go 3-4 pulls with only 1 awakening or none at all. But seriously, either way is good so says here and Reddit.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
When I was going through the Opera Omnia friend code list a week ago, I was thinking about you! Glad to see you're still around.

I don't know that I'll be back to having FFRK as my main game again, but I'm definitely not gone yet. I log in daily for the mythril and once I do the 4A pulls, I'll evaluate where I am at with the dWhales and 5* magicite. I haven't spent a dime on the game since I think Christmas, so that's good for my checkbook I suppose.

Jux I like it, but I don't know, gotta check out for yourself. jarekx and ultra7k just recently gave it 2nd chances, and I'm not sure how much it really pulled them in. Credo .... you really can't go wrong throwing 2-3 pulls at KH or saving all for 4A. I pulled 3 of the 4 awakenings with my 4 pulls, but I was very lucky. It may not seem worth it to you, if you go 3-4 pulls with only 1 awakening or none at all. But seriously, either way is good so says here and Reddit.

Between this and Opera Omnia, your luck has been insane lately.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Credo:

Unless you've got attachment to the characters, I'd recommend saving for 4th Anniversary at the end of this month. The relics here are strong, but aside from Sora, aren't better than what's coming (Sora is a slightly worse version of Bartz, though he's better in two elements than Bartz, while Bartz is better in three). And unless you have friz898 luck, you'd likely have to go deep and you could still walk away with no Awakenings for it, and once gone, there's no telling when or if they'll return.

If you pull on 4A and fail, you at least have the chance to get those relics again in the future.

Mr. Daravon:

The reason Seph AOSB damage was so low was probably because you fired it off after 25 seconds, i.e. after his En-Dark had worn off. You'll want to build gauge and fire it off before 22 seconds (cause it takes 2.5 seconds to fire unless you have HQC from Elarra OR if you dive him - trance LM2 gives him ATK+50% and HQC (Thunder God Mode basically) for 25 seconds. Just watch out for his DEF drop - you might actually need to run Protectga (or make sure to target him with heals specifically).

You can use his BSSB2 to refresh En-Dark and also shield him from 2 attacks, but I think it's unnecessary for a sub-30, which is absolutely possible with your setup. But at least you;ll be able to use his AOSB at, say, 27 seconds and still have it at full strength.

As for Kuja, I recommend Gathering Storm and his BSSB1. It's also why I suggested using Shadow Dragon - Stack those imperils, everyone else will kill faster. I'd advise sticking only to BSSB1 if you're not going to use Shadow Dragon so that Seph AOSB should wipe her out.

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
Credo:

Unless you've got attachment to the characters, I'd recommend saving for 4th Anniversary at the end of this month. The relics here are strong, but aside from Sora, aren't better than what's coming (Sora is a slightly worse version of Bartz, though he's better in two elements than Bartz, while Bartz is better in three). And unless you have friz898 luck, you'd likely have to go deep and you could still walk away with no Awakenings for it, and once gone, there's no telling when or if they'll return.

If you pull on 4A and fail, you at least have the chance to get those relics again in the future.

Thanks for the reply. I had decided to save, so it's nice to get some reinforcement. The Sora friend summons have been amazing, but I tend to have bad luck chasing things in this game, so the smart move is to wait.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
The reason Seph AOSB damage was so low was probably because you fired it off after 25 seconds, i.e. after his En-Dark had worn off. You'll want to build gauge and fire it off before 22 seconds (cause it takes 2.5 seconds to fire unless you have HQC from Elarra OR if you dive him - trance LM2 gives him ATK+50% and HQC (Thunder God Mode basically) for 25 seconds. Just watch out for his DEF drop - you might actually need to run Protectga (or make sure to target him with heals specifically).

You can use his BSSB2 to refresh En-Dark and also shield him from 2 attacks, but I think it's unnecessary for a sub-30, which is absolutely possible with your setup. But at least you;ll be able to use his AOSB at, say, 27 seconds and still have it at full strength.

As for Kuja, I recommend Gathering Storm and his BSSB1. It's also why I suggested using Shadow Dragon - Stack those imperils, everyone else will kill faster. I'd advise sticking only to BSSB1 if you're not going to use Shadow Dragon so that Seph AOSB should wipe her out.

WCtAz5e.png

Thanks for the help! I totally spaced on the enDark having worn off by that point, and there's usually so much shit on screen that I didn't visually notice it. I went ahead and dove him (I'm running enDark + Katana damage LM's though, the damage output on this fight is already too dicey for me to take the Jenova LM I think) and combined with switching Kuja over to TGM and Elarra to Battleforged) and running Shadow Dragon I've got her down to ~24-26 seconds! That said it's a pretty dicey fight though and I can't do it consistently; since I only have the one level 6 Dampen Light available not running Phantom hurts bad on top of losing TGM on Elarra for the faster heals. Ultimately I'd rather have to do some more resets than have safer fights for the 2 Major Arcana, but it's still annoying. Once I can put together some sort of decent 4* holy deck from her drops I might see if I can tackle Hades a bit just to get even a bit of Dampen Light magicites from him then go back to Siren to finish out whatever farming I need from her; without going and looking specifically at deck builds I've seen people talke Evrae up quite a bit so I'm gonna need a bunch of those probably.

Thanks again!

Oct 25, 2017
8 Mateus kills, now on to manticore. Hmm. Really need more chain firaga. Thinking papalymo-usb/aosb, Vince csb/usb and vivi usb with Elarra and onion? Let's see...

Oct 27, 2017
sfIpO5Em.png

Another magicite down. First one defeated where I didn't have a chain. It's a good thing I have a strong Fire mage team or else this would have been way too frustrating. Beat Manticore 4 times so I am done until I get a fire chain. Hopefully Mateus is a little easier.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

You don't need *that* many Evraes, actually. But you will be farming Siren a lot. Here's a shopping list for Siren:

- 8 Evraes
- 6-8 Seraphs
- 4 Siren

8 Evrae: To get 2 xL99 Evrae. I advise to inherit L5 HP Boon and L8 Fast Cast to them. You can stick both of these into every 4* deck, including the one you use against Siren, and your damage will significantly and immediately improve. These will carry you into 5* magicite territory, though you'd probably one run one at the most against 5*s until you can farm Madeen.

6-8 Seraphs: One L99 , and a minimum of a L65 to inherit L7 Dampen Dark. With the lowered XP requirements to max a 4* and the fact that you get double drops, plus arcana drops, it might be in your best interest to get another L99 Seraph to inherit a 10 Dampen Dark but I leave that up to you.

4 Siren: A L99 Siren is proving to be extremely useful in 5* magicite era. The L15 MND boon and L15 Healing Boon makes her really good for Elarra USB1, since you a) get more regenga ticks and b) regenga ticks heal more, and, most importantly, c) your entry healing is much higher, which actually makes a huge difference in some fights (e.g. Mateus Phase 3 where you're eating 6000 AoEs every turn - without Siren, Elarra's 5800 entry healing wasn't cutting it for me, but with Siren, that went up to 7700 and was able to weather the damage long enough to win). It doesn't just work for Elarra, it'll help all healers, but Elarra probably benefits from it the most. You won't have space to slot it in every deck, or will you need to, but when you do, it's soooo good!

chronobeej:

No fire chain for Mateus = pain. Manticore is considered easy compare to Mateus. Hope you have a way of reliably stacking Fire Imperils. Beware.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pretty lazy with high end content as well WarAdept. Have only made progress on 2 of the DWhale Torments and only started 5* magicites 2 months ago. I can see why someone would not want to attempt them without having a proper chain in every element.

chronobeej:

No fire chain for Mateus = pain. Manticore is considered easy compare to Mateus. Hope you have a way of reliably stacking Fire Imperils. Beware.

I have Locke's USB1 that I was planning on using for imperil stacking. I could use King's USB if I decide that I need a machinist. I've got lots of options for physical fire as well. Auron USB2/Greg USB2 +LMR/Yda USB/Sora AASB + Fire Glint. Hopefully that will be enough.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Chronobeej:

Your biggest issue is Mateus has one of the most obnoxious savage modes - 50% damage reduction. Belias has trouble breaking savage even with a gen 2 chain - imperils need to be at +3. I imagine that will need to be at +6 without chain. Perhaps Sora AASB will be good enough with Locke USB1 in tow. If you can keep him out of Savage, you should be alright offensively.

Defensively, watch out for Phase 3. He stacks +6 imperils via two scripted attacks at the beginning of Phase 2/3 and you'll be eating 6000+ AoEs every turn.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Daravon:

You don't need *that* many Evraes, actually. But you will be farming Siren a lot. Here's a shopping list for Siren:

- 8 Evraes
- 6-8 Seraphs
- 4 Siren

8 Evrae: To get 2 xL99 Evrae. I advise to inherit L5 HP Boon and L8 Fast Cast to them. You can stick both of these into every 4* deck, including the one you use against Siren, and your damage will significantly and immediately improve. These will carry you into 5* magicite territory, though you'd probably one run one at the most against 5*s until you can farm Madeen.

6-8 Seraphs: One L99 , and a minimum of a L65 to inherit L7 Dampen Dark. With the lowered XP requirements to max a 4* and the fact that you get double drops, plus arcana drops, it might be in your best interest to get another L99 Seraph to inherit a 10 Dampen Dark but I leave that up to you.

4 Siren: A L99 Siren is proving to be extremely useful in 5* magicite era. The L15 MND boon and L15 Healing Boon makes her really good for Elarra USB1, since you a) get more regenga ticks and b) regenga ticks heal more, and, most importantly, c) your entry healing is much higher, which actually makes a huge difference in some fights (e.g. Mateus Phase 3 where you're eating 6000 AoEs every turn - without Siren, Elarra's 5800 entry healing wasn't cutting it for me, but with Siren, that went up to 7700 and was able to weather the damage long enough to win). It doesn't just work for Elarra, it'll help all healers, but Elarra probably benefits from it the most. You won't have space to slot it in every deck, or will you need to, but when you do, it's soooo good!

I burnt one full Stamina bar on running Siren and I've already got more than I need of all of those lol (15 Sirens, 12 Evraes and 10 Seraphs). I burnt all of my small Arcana stash to get one Seraph to 99 and a 2nd one to 80. I maaaay have just enough Arcana to get the 2nd one to 99 (or pretty close), I'm holding off this second but I'll probably get it up to 99.

I'm at the point now where I need to start planning/looking at what I'm going to need. This is the reddit guide I've seen recommended quite a bit in terms of being like 90% effectiveness with minimal farming and is probably what I'm going to go with more or less, not sure if anyone has any thoughts? I can't speak firsthand to any of this stuff yet, but it is interesting to see the very wild discrepancy in opinions on reddit about how many Evrae/Madeen/etc to have and whatnot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...5_magicite_inheritance_guide_minimum_farming/

Between the 4* double drops and lower XP requirement to cap them I'm pretty motivated right now!

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
update

CUKZvDSl.jpg

no sub30 for IV, not without swapping Kain out for DCecil, investing in his dive/etc. and honing the shit out some Darkness abilities.

Hilariously enough I'm actually gated by motes from some of my intended torment lineups so outside of Crystal Tower today I'm pretty much stuck till 4A.

edit: I'm dumb and forgetting clearing dWhales give a shit ton of motes via Rubies. I guess I could be really, REALLY careful and get a train going where progressing in one lets me dive stuff for the next, etc. But if I misjudge one it's over, hah.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dumb and forgetting clearing dWhales give a shit ton of motes via Rubies. I guess I could be really, REALLY careful and get a train going where progressing in one lets me dive stuff for the next, etc. But if I misjudge one it's over, hah.

Spending rubies on motes seems like it could really backfire on you down the road.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Nice, Falk. I'm at least one realm DPS away from even bothering with IV D???

Mr Daravon:

After going through a bunch of guides, I have a very simple inheritance structure for 5*:

1) Empower magicite: Take whichever 5* has Empower element and inherit 2x L15 Empower, so that it will have L15 Empower x 3. Allows for multi-elemental setups. Will do one for each element except probably for Holy.

2) Booster Magicite: Inherits 2x ATK Boon/MAG Boon. Currently, the physical one is Manticore and the magic one is Quetzacoatl, and I use L15 ATK/MAG Boons. Provides maximum flexibility. I will eventually replace these with Madeens, and use L20 ATK/MAG Boons. I will also likely create a Madeen with a L20 ATK/MAG Boon for mixed parties.

3) General Defense Magicite: Phoenix with L8 Blade Ward + L8 Spell Ward inherited. Also have a Famfrit version, which was created first until I got Phoenix.

4) Dampen Magicite: Inherits Dampen L10. The other inherit will vary, but will likely be either HP Boon or a Ward.

With the possible exception of Wind, every deck is likely to have the above four. The remaining slot will likely consist one of the following:

5a) Critical DMG Magicite: Currently Belias with another Deadly Strikes L10 inherited, will eventually move to Madeen. This is mainly for Cloud, though will be useful for TGC USB/AASB, Noctis AASB, or any team that has Ignis BSSB in it.

5b) Critical Chance Magicite: Not created currently, this will be a Madeen with 2 xL15 Precise Strikes.

5c) Healer Magicite: Currently just Siren, which has L15 Empower Holy inherited but that's because it's my main for FFT D??? Torment; it's not really used in Holy teams others. This has proven to be incredibly useful in certain teams, so I'm planning to make a 5* version out of Lakshmi.

5d) Misc Magicite: This will likely be a Madeen with L8 HP Boon and L10 Fast Cast (which are the inherits on my two current Evraes, but I only use one at a time in 5* decks). I'd throw this in whenever I couldn't think of what else to use.

WarAdept:

Last I checked, they're not "resetting" the Torment rewards, but rather, will add to Torment rewards so that 10%-40% clears provide rewards.

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017

I don't think I'll be trying DOO again. The best part of that game is the dialogue interactions between the characters, and I can just watch those on Youtube probably if I feel like it.

Besides, I don't have time for another mobile game and I'm not dropping SWGOH anytime soon. But maybe we will cross paths again, who knows?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
They're doing Episode Gladio instead of Episode Ardyn, oddly.

Betting Cor will be Combat/Ninja/Samurai, with Ninja Awakening. Gladio to have AASB with Earth Awakening and bonus for Heavy.

We're getting new 6* water ninja ability that is a combination of the current 5* abilities, and new 5-hit 6* Earth Knight ability that has higher multiplier with higher DEF. Wouldn't be surprised if these will work with Cor and Gladio AASBs, respectively.

Oh, and starting with FF2, Rubies will be rewards from Mirage Dungeons. 280 per dungeon, with 30/90/160 across the 3 difficulties.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i just started playing this game a few days ago and the slow menuing combined with the fact that when my phone runs this it seems to achingly long for death, it sure takes a damn long time imo to start getting anywhere

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
i just started playing this game a few days ago and the slow menuing combined with the fact that when my phone runs this it seems to achingly long for death, it sure takes a damn long time imo to start getting anywhere

What type of phone do you have? It should run okay, but DeNA hasn't been known to be kind in regards to optimisation

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm currently preparing for Quetz so I'm going to try to fit a heavy ability user in my team for Stone Press. So far my options are these:
- Cloud: Just because I already have him half dived. Otherwise does not bring much to the table in term of SB
- Gladio: Only have is glint that grants heavy charges. Does not seem such a good idea. Not sure if accelerating the rate of Stone Press w/ heavy charge is useful?
- Guy: Have is USB. I also notice that full dived he can imperil w/ earth abilities. Seems like the best choice overall but it would require a full dive.
What do you guys think?

Also, the rest of my team will probably be something like:
- Tifa USB/OSB/EarthMonk
- Bartz USB2/5*-6*Spellblade
- Elarra USB/Prot/Curada
- OK mUSB/Shell/Meltdown

Unfortunately I don't have OK pUSB so I'm stuck with a lower boostga. I could consider bringing Ramza with Shout as a entrust bot but missing either shellga or protga does not seem like a good idea (Apparently Quetz is mostly magic attack? So maybe not such a problem). Are there nice alternatives that I may be missing here?

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Poppy:

Unfortunately, FFRK runs like ass. Despite how good the game itself generally is, it makes it hard to recommend for a new player.

Hilariously, it runs much better on IOS than on Android. Whatever you're experiencing is much worse for us Android users.

However, unlike with Android, newer iphones should run it FFRK fine. With Android, as far as I can tell, it's a total crapshoot whether new hardware will run it properly or not.

Jux:

Drop OK, he will do nothing for you against Quetz. Bring Ramza if you have no other good boostgas.

You also don't need Protectga or Shellga here, atually. Shellga will help, definitely, but it's possible to win without it. You definitely don't need Protectga so you can safely drop that. Can run Shellga/Curada on Elarra.

No chain? Controlling Quetz's obnoxious Savage is key to winning, so LD Guy USB is probably your best bet with Stone Press.

You're going to be in for a world of pain in Phase 3 cause he stacks imperils (tip: run Earth Guardian as main magicite to block one level of imperil), and you'll be eating 6000+ AoEs often. Watch out.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I get caught up on my crystal farming so I can instantly r4 any of the abilities I want for the next 6 months and they go and announce a new ninja ability. Dark and Ice are probably a given, and maybe power for the third type. Time to start planning out my farming again.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Spending rubies on motes seems like it could really backfire on you down the road.

I've got all the 6*s I want. It rains rubies when you sub30/sub40 dWhales. The issue is the rest of my laundry list being barely-clears or 70-90%s at best prior to 4A.

edit: And yeah, they added a whole bunch of extra rewards (for 90-60% I believe) which means you start swimming in them.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I've got all the 6*s I want. It rains rubies when you sub30/sub40 dWhales. The issue is the rest of my laundry list being barely-clears or 70-90%s at best prior to 4A.

edit: And yeah, they added a whole bunch of extra rewards (for 90-60% I believe) which means you start swimming in them.

Ah yeah, I'd forgotten that you had cleared some dWhales. Well, knock yourself out.

On a completely unrelated note, I did one last Kingdom Hearts pull and got Riku's usb and Sora's awakening. So my final haul was both awakenings, all 4 usbs, and Sora's bsb in four pulls. This should leave me with 600-650 mythril for 4A fest. I'm coming for you Bartz and Terra.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Grats on your KH pulls glad it worked out well for a good number of people. i completely struck out and now im 11 mythril going into RoP WHATFUN!!! XD