• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
6th d???

Fight me Falk

!!!

Please don't, the remaining realms for d??? are dicey at best now

Screenshot_20190313-143415.png

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
btw torment clears really, REALLY arent that impossible anymore- if you have a bunch of USBs for a realm incl healer chances are you have a shot at doing damage

secret weapon being this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6Oyfc4QhZKsmXOcFmLgFmUGNyA/edit#gid=654886055

and planning stuff like when to heal/blink/who triggers chains/etc. by making a copy then putting in your own notes based on trial and error etc.

Softcap change made for a non insignificant dps gain plus lots of 6* DPS ability options

Oct 25, 2017
Serah USB hope dupe lmr
Ysh lmr dupe
Meliadoul usb
Rem lmr

So far a nice rop. I have serahs 2 bsbs and her double cast lmr so she is looking pretty ok, but I have loads of ice mages. Rinoa Lulu edea all with at least usbs.

I need to get back on the torments.
I've killed- 5, 6, 7, 8, 14, fft.

I have zero doubt I can add 9, 10 to that. Maybe 4 and 13. Haven't attempted 1, 11, and 0. I have rubies for the final ability, just haven't pullled the trigger on the fire samurai since I don't see a need for it with my team yet.

I'm at 66 lds with motes for another 10, but horribly unbalanced like the rest of you. I have 68 characters that are only rd3d, have surpluses of all but vitality.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I took another crack at the IV d??? And got to 53%, so definite progress is being made, but I don't know if I have the damage output to win. Edge is really hampered by all the physical attacks that make it near impossible to keep shadows up.

Here's hoping for Kain Awakening on a 100 gem pull, lol.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I took another crack at the IV d??? And got to 53%, so definite progress is being made, but I don't know if I have the damage output to win. Edge is really hampered by all the physical attacks that make it near impossible to keep shadows up.

Here's hoping for Kain Awakening on a 100 gem pull, lol.

Edge is more used for his SSB to avoid all the paralysis/LS through the Incubus rubbish.

He ran Flash Disaster for extreme meter gain and Raging Storm for DPS/meter gain on my run to push through phase 3 so slot one doesn't get instant KOd

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Edge is more used for his SSB to avoid all the paralysis/LS through the Incubus rubbish.

He ran Flash Disaster for extreme meter gain and Raging Storm for DPS/meter gain on my run to push through phase 3 so slot one doesn't get instant KOd

Didn't think about running flash disaster, that should be a big improvement.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Man, I was weirdly resistant to spending on that Wondrous banner (even though I plunk down $5 for stuff like iced coffees and snacks all the time without a second thought), but I'm really glad I did here.

Netted three discos on the pull alone: Desch USB, Vincent CSB, and Delita AOSB. Of course I went with Elarra's USB. The frustration this will help me avoid is worth the price, I'd say.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Gogo VI ssb from the daily draw.

I also pushed my FFIV d??? Torment up to 63%, I just need to work on my turn order and should be able to push it a bit further.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gems on V banner: Krile AOSB.

Huh. Not the 6* relic I wanted (only really want Bartz USB3 here), but I'll take it. 6* fire+ mage light armour.

Too bad all I have for Krile otherwise is her BSSB1. At least it's en-fire. But she ain't making my fire squads with just this.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Ig5o4gCl.jpg

FFT
FF5
FF4
FF7
FF8
FF12
FFT0

that's 7. Easy sub40 with some tweaks too.

somehow XV is an easy kill if I can psycho myself to drop 200 motes to dive. Suddenly super short on dex/vit.

edit: yup, spent 180 rubies get back 140 rubies ughghghghgh

0FKbnW1l.jpg

8/17 down

I can proooobably kill 9 (poverty DPS, but have Eiko brave and Quina USB) if I dived them to get around the megagravity mechanic, and 10 is a long-shot possibility if I can work around not having Rikku USB. edit: Actual FF9 and FF10, not #9 and #10

But that's about it, 10/17 is my absolute cap.

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Got Tidus brave from the lotr. Dunno how much it'll help me. Already had his other USB.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I got Beatrix unique glove from daily. This was the first or second SB relic I got when I started playing ~3 years ago

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is that the thunder glove? If so I hate it. Did a ton of pulls on a 9 banner way back in the day and ended up with like 9/55 all thunder gloves
Yes it is. I have 3 of them now. I was wrong though, I started playing when Beatrix was introduced to the game, and that glove was in the following IX event, when Freya was added

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
those random resist armors really come in handy when torment bosses decide to start throwing multicolored piercing confetti and none of the defensive stats even matter

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Got quina USB. Allowed me to go from 74% d280 to 39 second clear. Noice. Tonight I want an ice or dark chain.

Oct 25, 2017
Got quina USB. Allowed me to go from 74% d280 to 39 second clear. Noice. Tonight I want an ice or dark chain.

That's a great one. It's ld basically makes a third Dr mog. I pulled it's lmr quick cast, bit already have lmr2 which makes for easier trancing, last stand.

Quina with Dr mog, turn 1 USB, Vivi meltdowns it, then quina entrusts to Vivi rnd 2 then Vivi hits usb to start blasting. Nice stuff.

My rop has been better than usual
Rem lmr
Meliadoul usb
Prompto bsb
Serah usb
Fran usb
Quina lmr1
Raijin osb

So 4 6*s new and only a few dupes.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
My midway LotR pulls...

FF0: Didn't pull
FFT: Delita USB1
FFXV: Gladiolus LMR1 (dupe)
FFXIV: Papalymo BSB (dupe)
FFXIII: Nabaat USB (dupe)
FFXII: Vaan USB1
FFXI: Didn't pull
FFX: Yuna BSB1 (dupe) (lol)
FFIX: Kuja USB
FFVIII: Rinoa EnIce LMR
FFVII: Yuffie AOSB (dupe), Sephiroth AOSB (!!!)

Pretty good so far, despite about half of them being dupes. Very excited for Sephiroth's AOSB since I chose his USB2 during the last select.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
For some dumb ass reason I thought ignis could use burnt offering. Honed that thing up to r3.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest hurdle is currently lack of 5 star motes. Gonna have to start trying out the crystal tower stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
SzWqUpZl.png

Finally beat my first D??? Torment. Feels good to finally beat one. There is also lots of room for improvement here. Took is slow at the start to get more SB bars for the team and had to wait almost a whole round to unleash Cloud's AOSB as I had just used an ability for Cait Sith before Jenova used Mighty Guard. I'm sure with some tweaks I can get a party close to sub 30.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Here's the banner detail for those who want it:
Phase 1: Zidane's Awakening, Reverse Gaia, debuts! 5:00 PM 3/25 PST (1:00 AM 3/26 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/27 PST (12:59 AM 3/28 UTC)

Phase 2: Kain's Awakening, Lance of the Dragon, debuts! 5:00 PM 3/27 PST (1:00 AM 3/28 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/29 PST (12:59 AM 3/30 UTC)

Phase 3: New type of Soul Break, the Realm Chain Soul Breaks, debut! Activate an FF VIII realm chain with Irvine's Bygone Days, and an FF IX realm chain with Steiner's Sworn Protector! 5:00 PM 3/29 PST (1:00 AM 3/30 UTC) - 4:59 PM 3/31 PST (12:59 AM 4/1 UTC)

Phase 4: Terra's Awakening, Chaotic Inferno, and Bartz's Awakening, Tetra Spellblade, debut! 5:00 PM 3/31 PST (1:00 AM 4/1 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/2 PST (12:59 AM 4/3 UTC)

Phase 5: Tidus's Awakening, Rising Dream, debuts! 5:00 PM 4/2 PST (1:00 AM 4/3 UTC) - 4:59 PM 4/4 PST (12:59 AM 4/5 UTC)

With 450 mythril as of now, I need to figure out what I will pull...
Having both magic fire and physical water CSB 2.0 I'm probably gonna go all out on phase 4 and 5 but maybe I could budget one pull on phase 1 and 2...(probably gonna skip p3 as I'm not sure realm chain will be very useful to me right now).
I'm also considering pulling on current FFV banner 2 for a chance at earth CSB after the fest if I have some mythril leftover (which I probably won't :p )

Choices are hard :(

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
B5 happening before B3 is gonna suck.

I really wanted some elemental chains and Ignus BSB/LMR, how many rolls I do on B5 was gonna depend on my B3 rolls.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see Bartz/Terra didn't get broken up. As it stands now I'll probably go 2 pulls on banner 2, 8 pulls on banner 4, 2 pulls on banner 5 and maybe 1 pull on banner 3 depending on what other chains are on there.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Getting around to doing some 4* magicites again to catch back up now that I have some time to devote. Will catch up eventually. Tiamat last in the circle.

Crystal shards go in tomorrow right? Can't wait to finally free up vault space

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Oh hey, Onion pUSB from daily draw. I like.

Game does not want me having any 6 synergy at all. Last rop got cyan bsb / 3, same here. I have 0 good relics for this realm.

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Can't wait for the fest 100 major eggs. Need to level quite a few peeps. Onion Knight being the biggest. Also I'm on quite the streak! Ever since starting back up in october, I've done a 100 gem pull on just about every banner, still yet to have a 5* plus.

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I can do Adamantoise conventionally and a RS clear sounds like a nightmare.

Everything is terrible.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually probably going to have to grab OSB for one of the wind mages (lol) just to do this a little faster than that 40 minute first clear.

pay2win

At least this is post-magia/relics (as stick, even without RS) and with Madeen beefing stuff up a little.

Oct 29, 2017
Whoa, update frenzy. Time to get dat Magia.

I must admit, I don't even know where to start with Artifact weapons. It's all based on realm synergy right? So just get whatever weapons would help with a Torment I haven't beaten? Or is there more to it?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
VI: Setzer BSB
VII: Zack CSB dupe
VIII: Edea USB
IX: Eiko USB1 hghdjfjghsjkdbufj This was going to be my #1 Anima Lenses choice
X: Yuna USB1
XI: Shantotto LMR
XII: Ashe USB dupe
XIII: Vanille BSB2
XIV: ALPHINAUD CSB
XV: Prompto BSB
FFT: TGC OSB dupe
0: Deuce LMR

7/12 were 6*, two wind chains (albeit one being a dupe), and some really good USBs. This really makes up for my terrible luck with the KH banners

Edit: Looks like 6* magicites will be like 5*, one for phy and one for mag, but both will drop the same magicite

Last edited:

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Yeah I'm feeling a little paralyzed by choice here at the moment. Lot to read over with all this Artifact stuff...

Also ugh at more Magicites. I only just yesterday defeated my second 5* (Famfrit). Could they really not think of any other kind of content to make? Maybe like ability school style fights?