• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
No clue what to work on first.

Already cleared up my inventory and have enough rainbows for 3 artifacts (one already used for free ffv dagger). Don't plan on getting any more artifacts until the elemental ones. (Which will allow me to rainbow shard my 5* weapons)

Tons of rewards for Orbs/Crystals which are all open.

Magia the main stat on my main Magicite DPS (First Group will be Bartz, Riku, Sora, TGCid, Cloud).

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on RoP since I can finally pull again

0 - Deuce LMR
T - Ovelia LMR dupe
15 - Aranea OSB
14 - Minfilia LMR dupe
13 - Vanille BSB2
12 - Vayne OSB
11 - Shantotto USB
10 - Lulu LMR
9 - Zidane AOSB
8 - Kiros BSB
7 - Cloud BSB1 x 2 dupe - fuck you too game
6 - Shadow LMR

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Hi Guys.

Same as everybody else. I knew this was coming today on the calendar, but even then, I don't know where to even start. I was hoping someone asked here and one of our resident experts typed up a "best/smart order of things" guide. I guess I will go scour Reddit. I am happy enough with the game that I don't mind comitting to doing all of this --- but I'm not so into the game that trial and error or learning by doing is appealing to me.

Ya, Random Painted Highway, alot for a new person. They really need to streamline a lot of this.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The FF0 dagger has 200+ MND, it will probably the only RS Artifact I'll get. Great for healers, outstanding for Rem until the +Holy MND dagger is available

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Some people on reddit advised to wait for elemental artefacts instead of "wasting" shards on realm artefacts.
Some others also said that upgrading to level 33 was the sweet spot in term of shard/power.
That's pretty much the extent of what I gathered :p

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I found this image on reddit:

Dm885FPXgAAlTSb.jpg:large

Apparently you can overwrite weaknesses by investing just one point in each element?

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I found this image on reddit:

Dm885FPXgAAlTSb.jpg:large

Apparently you can overwrite weaknesses by investing just one point in each?
Yes, so Lv1 in Water Res overwrites Gigas' Armlet Water Weakness, and it becomes a triple moderate resist accessory.

And it looks like Newcomer Dungeons still drop weak equips, so if you dont value your sanity that much, you can grind rainbow shards there

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I used to do orb farming with my leveling team (actual levels and SB) for the tiny bit of xp that added up over time. I guess now the best bang for the buck is to use your A team for more magia experience.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
friz898:

Rem OSB dagger is a Holy+ MND dagger. Very rare.

The most recommended artifact to take right now - actually, the only artifact recommende to take right now - is the Type-0 dagger. That's because it's the only MND-focused dagger from this batch (FF3 has a MAG-focused one). A 268 MND dagger is useful for healers who normally don't give a crap about elemental boosting. It'll also help Elarra get over 600 MND for that extra renenga tick she wouldn't get otherwise with outside help.

Personally, I took the Type-0 dagger and VII Ultima Weapon sword. I took the latter due to favouritism, even though I already have a 6+ full rosetta'd version of it. It's my favourite fantasy weapon (well, technicall the VIII Ultima Weapon is, followed by the OG VII version, but the Dissidia version will have to do) of all. Plus, the artifact stones aren't megalixirs - we'll start getting one with every event. JPN players right now have more artifacts than they know what to do with.

Oct 25, 2017
That is a great point.

Looking forward to:. Dark phys dagger earth mag dagger
.speaking of dark, man I need the 6*abilities. Just have let dark phys waste away. My team is crazy strong just no abilities.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only got the FF0 dagger as well. With only 12 rainbow crystals, it goes up to lv 33, reaching 232 MND. Higher than anything else can reach afaik

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
ShinUltima - How easily you spout your various FF tidbits is impressive. Everything you say I know (and we all know, well most anyway, since we were all FF nuts) but I never remember this stuff until you say them. I had to look up the Cloud USB1 (and DFFOO EX weapon) to remember the "purple" sword. Because even though I've beat that game 3-4 times (which is a lot for me on one game) I could not remember any purple swords for Cloud in ff7. The last time I did though was over 10 years ago, so I am due. Thanks again for the bits of knowledge. I enjoy hearing about the side stuff/reasons for how/why you do you.

I know the holy dagger is rare, but didn't think that big a difference, but will be happy I have it. It'll sit right next to Gogo's water Staff I own.

Thanks for the advice, I'll go get the Type-0 dagger and then stand fast.

Random Painted Highway - My A-Team on anything not requiring a full synergy team right now is Riku AASB/USB and Seifer CSB/USB/LMR with Elarra and Tyro and either OK or Ramza for entrust. It's, as you said, CRAZY!. I can't wait to get the 6 star dark abilities!

Last edited:

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
For people grinding for Magia points.

Doing the 2 stamina beginner dungeon can also net you a low star equip. Got like 1 every 2 runs so about 100 Rainbow exp per stamina for 20 stamina per rainbow shard. From what I hear, the gate keeper for Artifact is not the tokens but the Rainbow Shards by the time elemental ones come out.

With 480 stamina per day.

Thats

24 Rainbow shards.
240 * 5 Magia points per day.

Not sure when DENA is gonna close the beginner dungeons cause Japan doesn't have this.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
friz898:

Not sure about Opera Omnia, but Cloud USB1 in FFRK is his Force Stealer, not the Ultima Weapon. :p

Right, what did I say? Let me go look. Force Stealer is what I meant, the purple weapon! It was just an example of how I don't remember stuff like that until I looked it up, but you apparently do. Edit: Ya, I meant what I said, I can't recall what the ultima weapon looks like, besides, its like trying to remember what Ragnarok looks like, it's like...uh which one!

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I find Artifacts at 30/50 to be plenty usable, and 40/50 for heavy lifting. I can't imagine any situation I'd ever need to push past 40/50 unless it literally was the last piece to sub30 a torment and never have to worry about that realm again, and there was close to zero chance of drawing a big piece for it in near/medium future.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I read somewhere that level 33 (which takes like 12 shards) is the sweet spot.

I got over zealous and got my ffv dagger to level 50 (using 60 rainbow shards). Not a biggie since this will be my only artifact until elemental ones and I still have 120+ Shards so I'm not in a hurry to get more shards. It will be a nice super weapon for the next few months.

EDit: Actually I still need to pick up the mind dagger.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Question regarding what items you shard.
I have a vault full of 5* stuff, either accessories for element/debug resists I already have plenty of and 5* equipement for which I already mastered the SB and whose stats are not in the top I have for their respective realms. Should I shard all this stuff or is there a reason to hold on to them? Will it be a problem for anima lenses and dupes later on if I shard them?

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty, got my Magia Memu macro running, let the good times roll! Also gotta work on cleaning out my inventory...

Oct 27, 2017
YhdAQXWl.png

Madeen complete. Was lucky and got Golbez Chain from the last 40 draw and Seymour's USB from the LotR. Was able to win 4 times to get my lv 99 Madeen. Tried CoD BSB2 but needed more healing so I brought in OK to entrust to Elarra. The fight is farmable for me so I might end up getting a few copies.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Ok, so 160 Rainbow Crystals from ony the 3* and 4*.
Vault 0/800, and inventory at 734/735.
Now time to go through the 5*/6* dupes, some of the 5* accessories, and I guess...also cut ties with weapons I'll never use.
I also have 63 rosetta stones that I haven't figured out what to do with yet.

I really think between this, and whatever I pull on 4th Anni, will be enough motivation to come back and pickup where I left off on the magicite (Cleared Fire 5* and then nope'd out).

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tyro's Awakening is quite strong.. ATK/DEF buff, Hastega and two chases that switch every 3 support uses, one is critical % up, and the other is critical damage up. And x2~x3 cast speed to party based on ability rank.

With how strong every single awakening is, I wonder how unfair 6* magicites will be to compensate

Oct 29, 2017
YhdAQXWl.png

Madeen complete. Was lucky and got Golbez Chain from the last 40 draw and Seymour's USB from the LotR. Was able to win 4 times to get my lv 99 Madeen. Tried CoD BSB2 but needed more healing so I brought in OK to entrust to Elarra. The fight is farmable for me so I might end up getting a few copies.

Nice, that's better than my best time so far, like 56 seconds. It's easy to stay alive, it's just hard to do any actual damage. Darkness abilities are not in a great spot right now.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to pick up the artifact mnd dagger. It'll push Elarra over 600 mind so the extra ticket from Regenga will be nice. I'm fine on rainbow shards and I won't buy anymore weapons until the elemental ones come out.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, that's better than my best time so far, like 56 seconds. It's easy to stay alive, it's just hard to do any actual damage. Darkness abilities are not in a great spot right now.

I ended up making a second copy of Dark Zone so Vayne had Dark Zone/Dire Heal and Seymour Dark Zone/Necrofear. I invested too much into Necrofear as I thought I would use it with CoD's BSB2 but a second Dark Zone would be more useful. The 6* darkness abilities can't come soon enough.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Went after Lakshmi first since my dark physical is much stronger than my dark magic. She proved to be a massive pain in the ass. It two hours to win with 35.XX, then another two hours to sub-30 with a time of 26.72.

Team:

Riku (LM2+LMR): R3 Dread Weapon, R3 Reaping Scythe, Swd DMG+ RM (USB/AOSB), double dark boost
Ignis (LM1+LM2): R5 Wrath, R4 Entrust, DMT (BSSB)
Seifer (LMR2): R3 Mark of Darkness, R2 Dread Weapon, Mako Might (CSB), double dark boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R4 Ultima Weapon, R3 Dispel, Ace Striker (USB)
Sephiroth (LM1+Lm2): R5 Life Siphon, R4 Crimson Cross, Scholar's Boon (USB2), single dark boost

Magicite: Shadow Dragon (+L15 Empower Dark), Manticore (L15 ATK Boon x2), Necrophobe (L10 Dampen Holy), Hades (L15 Healing Boon), Evrae (L10 HP Boon)

Rough turn order:

Riku: Dread Weapon, Reaping Scythe x3, USB, Reaping Scythe spam, AOSB after chain refresh
Ignis: BSSB, CMD2 Riku, RW, CMD2 Sephiroth, CMD1x2, CMD2 Sephiroth, entrust Riku
Seifer: Mark of Darkness, CSB, magicite, Mark of Darkness spam, refresh chain as it runs out, Mark of Darkness
Elarra: Dispel, UW x2, USB after Poltergeist, UW spam, USB after Poltergeist
Sephiroth: Life Siphon self, Crimson Cross to trigger trance, Life Siphon, USB2, Crimson Cross x3, USB2, Crimson Cross

I can't even tell why I won in my winning run. In the previous two hours, something went wrong somewhere - randomly I don't do enough damage to get out of Phase 1 before Entice. Sometimes in Phase 2, I lose Sephiroth after turn 3 Holyja because a Regenga tick didn't kick in. Sometimes I don't get to fire off Seph USb2 before chain finished. The timing on everything seems to be extremely tight. It reminds me of when I was trying to sub-30 Tiamat, actually.

I'm only going to do this two more times for now then park this up until I get better dark stuff (or at least Seph AOSB). Four+ hours to get two copies is waaaay too much work.

Also, where's my goddamn wait mode DeNA? In this fight the initial turn order is completely random! About 60% of the time it goes Riku -> Ignis -> Sephiroth -> Seifer -> Elarra. But sometimes, Ignis goes first, and about 50% of the time, Seifer goes before Sephiroth! How am I supposed to learn the fight like this?

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
made about 475 rainbow shards and spent 120 of em on a VII artifact sword for torment and a MND dagger for Sazh XD. still sitting at about 500+ on my inventory.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
best single feature is the hilariously dumb 3-use "everyone suddenly has full HP" RW

KoHTgebl.jpg

WwgUWOtl.jpg

R6i7eRjl.jpg

mistakes were made

2/17 sub30, going for IV sub30 the moment i have motes to dive DCecil

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Greg chain.

Krile is running USB with no LMR, Greg and Galuf don't have any SBs although Galuf at least has both LMRs.

This was basically missing a lot of pieces for a 'proper' sub30 (inasmuch we're not counting 4A powercreep as intended for now lol) and just brute forced it with giving Bartz as hilariously high an ATK stat as possible so even the chases p much capped. That and letting Lenna dispel so everyone could just spam abilities.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought, why would you ever not use wall. Then I thought, well 99% are piercing anyway so what the hell.

Jeez, I'm a moron, obv you're choosing the head over the chain, ahhh, I need more sleep.

Last edited:

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
I got frisky today. Created same insane pile of rainbow crystals.

I converted any 5* weapon that was not:

1. FF1, FF2, FF11, FF15, Beyond, KH
2. Shared, or had "special value" to me.
3. Did not have a resist or boost attached to it.
4. Was not rare/special in some other sort of way.

Then, while frisky, went ahead and maxed the FF3 Mag Dagger, FFT0 Mnd Dagger, and the FF5 Free one. I had them all at 33, but then said why not.

I looked again at the 4A banners (as we know them to be anyway) and it's still pretty much secure Bartz AASB, Get Holy Chain (only one I'm missing), and Get the 2 realm chains. We'll see how it goes, currently at 250 mythril after KH drain me of 200 a month or whatever ago.

I still have so much more 5* or better that I I could convert, but I did enough for one day.

Did keep Excalipoor, Pumpin Cleaver, the White Mage (Core) Unique, Olberic's Sword (WTF is that?) and a couple others that I can't think of at the moment. Oh and Celebration Blade of course! lol.

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I like using some of these artifacts now than waiting.

Purely for torments

Xii durandal for Ashe, +lightning mag sword in xii.
Iv mag rod for iv for palom
Xiii ice fist for snow.

Food for thought to get over the hump for three dwhales I haven't killed

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
IV: Palom USB
V: Krile Glint

I'm a little worried I might be using all my luck before 4A actually starts

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I got frisky today. Created same insane pile of rainbow crystals.

I converted any 5* weapon that was not:

1. FF1, FF2, FF11, FF15, Beyond, KH
2. Shared, or had "special value" to me.
3. Did not have a resist or boost attached to it.
4. Was not rare/special in some other sort of way.

Then, while frisky, went ahead and maxed the FF3 Mag Dagger, FFT0 Mnd Dagger, and the FF5 Free one. I had them all at 33, but then said why not.

I looked again at the 4A banners (as we know them to be anyway) and it's still pretty much secure Bartz AASB, Get Holy Chain (only one I'm missing), and Get the 2 realm chains. We'll see how it goes, currently at 250 mythril after KH drain me of 200 a month or whatever ago.

I still have so much more 5* or better that I I could convert, but I did enough for one day.

Did keep Excalipoor, Pumpin Cleaver, the White Mage (Core) Unique, Olberic's Sword (WTF is that?) and a couple others that I can't think of at the moment. Oh and Celebration Blade of course! lol.

It's from Octopath

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Realm artifacts have a 200 stat advantage over elemental artifacts when in-realm, and a elem-boost disadvantage out of realm.

It's pretty clear cut what the function of the two are-
one is a non-insignificant leg-up in a single Torment and are only a mediocre stat stick for Magicite (except T0 dagger)
the other is a non-insignificant leg-up in Magicite and are 2nd-BiS-tier for multiple Torments depending on lineup.

If you're fine on Magicite but struggling with Torments, it less sense to save up for Elementals to make stuff you can already kill easier.
If you're struggling on Magicite, you'll definitely want to save enough for Elementals to get over that hump because good Magicite decks are also a huge multipurpose boost

You'll probably want a wagon wheel of Elemental daggers and maybe fire/lightning/ice guns for Machinists since that'll get a lot of mileage across multiple realm Torments, but other than that? This really defaults back to 'save until you know something will help you beat content then do it' which has been true of everything from dives to ability hones, etc.

If something is going to help you beat a Torment milestone now w/ the 200 stats over an Elemental weapon, I don't see the downside in just getting it out of the way now.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Falk hmmm...I wonder if that will be what pushes me to clear D??? on some realms. I don't know, it just seems a bad investment for something so specific. Meanwhile, Elemental Weapons are always gonna be useful (unless NE suddenly becomes really important).

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like if you have one powerhouse and everyone else ends up trying to boost that person's damage, a single realm relic makes a lot more sense. Otherwise if the lineup is a mishmash of decent options then yeah 6 elemental daggers will get much further.

edit: Case in point being Bartz carrying that 30s clear since I'm missing a lot of other pieces esp. dualcast LMR. It's 'close enough' that the additional stats really helped, and if I'd needed even more firepower any elementals I got would be beneficial to the rest of the team anyway.

however maybe that's a bad example because the reason i went in on ffv dwhale is im actually tricking the game into thinking i no longer need bartz aasb so the game will give me bartz aasb and i'll be all 'lmao thanks sucker'