• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ccbfan:

Where exactly in the fight against Hades are you having trouble?

friz898:

Seifer chain, Raines BSSB/OSB, Exdeath USB, Nabaat BSSB and Elarra should be enough to clear Madeen. My 40 second team is Raines BSSB/OSB, Seifer CSB, Exdeath USB/SSB, Kuja BSSB1/LMR/OSB, and Elarra USB. And the OSBs aren't necessary.

WarAdept:

Minour correction: Raines and Exdeath will provide a 69% MAG buff since their 30% buffs will stack multiplicatively.

ultra7k:

A suggestion: Swap Shellga/Dispel on Celes/Elarra. Shellga does not need to be replenished in this fight, and once the DPSers get going, you don't want them to stop. Let Elarra Dispel Syldra turn 1 and then later during High Stakes if she gets the chance.

JG_Lionheart:

I have no idea how to set up a macro on a phone.

As for emulator, I'm currently using Nox. It has a built it macro recorder that is simple to use. After beating the first stage in Fabul once, just click record, click on the game in the appropriate spots, stop recording, play back. You obviously have to tweak the macro to make sure it's consistent, and I would advise never leaving it unsupervised, but otherwise it's been really good.

My primary issue is that the game crashes in Nox every now and then, so you have to keep stopping and replaying the macro every so often. It varies, though I've never gotten more than 40 runs before it crashes, and it's often in the 5-20 range. But it's fine for me, since I just leave it in a window running in work while I do other stuff.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
ccbfan:

Where exactly in the fight against Hades are you having trouble?

friz898:

Seifer chain, Raines BSSB/OSB, Exdeath USB, Nabaat BSSB and Elarra should be enough to clear Madeen. My 40 second team is Raines BSSB/OSB, Seifer CSB, Exdeath USB/SSB, Kuja BSSB1/LMR/OSB, and Elarra USB. And the OSBs aren't necessary.

WarAdept:

Minour correction: Raines and Exdeath will provide a 69% MAG buff since their 30% buffs will stack multiplicatively.

ultra7k:

A suggestion: Swap Shellga/Dispel on Celes/Elarra. Shellga does not need to be replenished in this fight, and once the DPSers get going, you don't want them to stop. Let Elarra Dispel Syldra turn 1 and then later during High Stakes if she gets the chance.

JG_Lionheart:

I have no idea how to set up a macro on a phone.

As for emulator, I'm currently using Nox. It has a built it macro recorder that is simple to use. After beating the first stage in Fabul once, just click record, click on the game in the appropriate spots, stop recording, play back. You obviously have to tweak the macro to make sure it's consistent, and I would advise never leaving it unsupervised, but otherwise it's been really good.

My primary issue is that the game crashes in Nox every now and then, so you have to keep stopping and replaying the macro every so often. It varies, though I've never gotten more than 40 runs before it crashes, and it's often in the 5-20 range. But it's fine for me, since I just leave it in a window running in work while I do other stuff.

I think I ran with that originally, but swapped it between characters for some reason or other I can't remember. It's probably better to do it that way anyways for sustained DPS, though my line of thought was Bartz will just take care of it all.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Steiner is a better Spellblader than a Knight, especially so with his recent wcast Spellblade LMR. So he spams Tremor Strike.

Beatrix gets the Earth Knight abilities.

Zidane is actually my source of overflow using an Awakening charged Mug Bloodlust. Otherwise, Quetz would be perma in Savage Mode. If he isn't breaking savage with MB, he's spamming Thief's Revenge.

Ah right, I have no thief USBs+ so I keep forgetting about those, haha.

I tried Quetz for the first time yesterday after seeing that and netted a 28s~ win, though that's with Bartz's Awakening. I'm sure that can be optimized, somehow. I basically had to waste Tifa's AOSB (no OSB) to break the first Savage mode.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ah right, I have no thief USBs+ so I keep forgetting about those, haha.

I tried Quetz for the first time yesterday after seeing that and netted a 28s~ win, though that's with Bartz's Awakening. I'm sure that can be optimized, somehow. I basically had to waste Tifa's AOSB (no OSB) to break the first Savage mode.

Grats on the sub 30. If you feel like optimising it, Bartz can break Savage under Awakening, assuming you have a chain/imperil. Won't have to waste Tifas meter then.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i'd argue turtling syldra/typhon 3 times a pop for each, while tedious, is far more palatable than trying to turtle adamantoise four times.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Wow you guys weren't kidding about Riku as dark mage. He had one dark mag and 500 mag stat before other things applied and he was hitting 16k with dire heal.

First try took Madeen to 33% left at 42 seconds. What killed me was not having enough healing, or not killing fast enough to not need said healing.

Also, while I appreciate Cid's mag buff on entry, he never hit 9999 for me, even with chain up to 231%. Grant it my only imperil was shadow dragon. Also I was only using his bsb cmd 1.

I am not sure who I will switch in to help Elarra heal because Tyro wasn't enough towards the half way point but I think Nabaat with her imperils might be better than Cid for this.

But anyways ya, great stuff for a first try going in blind reading nothing about the fight.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Today's daily was Terra's glint.I'm missing only ~4 of her (+10 mag) relics now

The LMR available through anima lenses is her W-cast or Enfire one?

Also, tonight is Sephy night. I still have 250 mythril and I'm going all in

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Wow you guys weren't kidding about Riku as dark mage. He had one dark mag and 500 mag stat before other things applied and he was hitting 16k with dire heal.

First try took Madeen to 33% left at 42 seconds. What killed me was not having enough healing, or not killing fast enough to not need said healing.

Also, while I appreciate Cid's mag buff on entry, he never hit 9999 for me, even with chain up to 231%. Grant it my only imperil was shadow dragon. Also I was only using his bsb cmd 1.

I am not sure who I will switch in to help Elarra heal because Tyro wasn't enough towards the half way point but I think Nabaat with her imperils might be better than Cid for this.

But anyways ya, great stuff for a first try going in blind reading nothing about the fight.

With OK musb, seifer dark chain, and Cid's bsb entry he would start capping command 1 at around chain count 170 depending on imperil levels.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, looking at putting together a Phoenix team since I'm basically done with Geo (I technically need 4 more drops but I think I'm gonna get those from Mateus and/or do that later). Good news: I have a pretty decked out Tidus including AASB. Bad news: I don't have a water chain. These are my meaningful physical water options:

-Bartz (dived) w/triplecast LMR, USB1 and AOSB
-Yuffie (dived) w/everything but her glint
-Tidus (dived) w/enWater LMR, BSB2, USB, AOSB and AASB
-Paine w/USB
-Rikku w/BSB2 and USB
-....Kimhari w/USB (not dived, I do also have his mBlink SSB which maybe is relevant here?)

So if I had a chain this would probably be easy mode, but without I imagine it's doable but a pain? I gave it one go and ninjas seem like a terrible idea with how many physical attacks he gets off so she's probably out, and Paine's USB is okay but probably doesn't warrant a spot here. With the number of attacks Phoenix seems to do Kimhari's USB was reflecting nonstop, but only for like 1-3k which I guess adds up, but maybe doesn't justify a slot here just for that without a water chain (it would be godlike with a chain)?

For physical boostegas I usually bring Ramza with his BSB2, but Rikku seems like she might be preferable here since she's a slot saver and she can at least somewhat contribute with her BSB + Sapphire Shot. That said it seems like you might be able to get away without Protectga for this fight (?) and I'm more than likely gonna grab OK's pUSB off the dream select so I could bring him with Protectga + whatever instead?

Also not sure if Elarra or Aerith would be better for this; he hits so frequently I'm not sure if I'd be able to get away without Elarra's Regenga because Aerith would probably have bar constantly (I also have her w-cast). I could also just run double healers I suppose. I'm pretty good on magicite for this honestly since I've already farmed Geo/Famfrit and I've got a pretty good deck IMO.

tl;dr - Bartz/Tidus/x healer are locks, I'm not sure if Kimhari is worth bringing with just USB without a chain, and not sure if I bring Rikku for USB or OK pUSB (or whoever) instead.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to pull on the Dissidia banner hoping for Golbez chain but then I finished farming Madeen and I don't need it now.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pulled 4 times, hoping for seph stuff, got:

Ultimecia's glint
Vayne's LMR
Garland's USB
Golbez's CSB, USB, LMR, Glint

Ok then, I guess its time to Golbez. Nothing for Seph, but I can't complain about this result

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, I have enough for one pull, and I really need a Dark Chain. (Of course Seph's Awakening would be the top, but I couldn't be that lucky...)

e7IAwd2.jpg

😱😍🎉💁‍♂️💯

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gems - 3* crap.

The only things I really want here are Seph AASB/LMR2. But I don't want his AASB here - I'm gunning for the God banner next Fest, and the AASB would be a dupe. However, his LMR2 has thus far not come back in JPN. I was hoping for a Hail Mary 100 gems, but no such luck.

It's too bad, since I wouldn't mind the other discos on this banner. But I shall skip, since I'm not lucky enough to yolo the good stuff in one pull. Mythril is low anyway.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
So, since I'm having a hard time beating BK, I figured I would look for other 5* to start with so I'm trying to figure out where I have a better chance.

I'm considering these:

Phoenix/Famfrit in order to build my 5* blocker or Madeen. If I can beat those then maybe it will give me the edge I need.

- Phoenix:
Bartz AASB, Tidus USB, Rikku CSB/BSB/USB
Seems like a good team but I have nothing else than Bartz AASB to break savage mode (not even an OSB or something like that). Will that be enough?
- Famfrit
Kain CSB/USB, dove King USB, Sora USB/AOSB
I also have Lightning OSB and Queen USB/OSB for breaking savage mode. I'm not sure about relying on SBs to break savage but those are my options so far.
- Madeen
Seymoor CSB, Cid Raines USB, Exdeath bUSB. Really not sure here, got the bUSB to break savage at least I guess.

I can probably also consider trying Manticore with Terra AASB/Glint and Vincent CSB but I don't have much more here (my magical-fire fu is weak :/ )

What do you guys think? I'm just trying to figure out where I should put effort into making a proper 4* magicite deck first.

Edit: I might consider an SB select if it can help me with one of those so if there is any obvious thing I'm missing, I'm all ears :)

Side question: Upgrade weapons from the current are just rainbow shard fodder right? Asking because it seems weird to have 3* and 4* even though they give the same amount of rainbow shards.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux:

Bartz/Rikku/Tidus should be fine for Phoenix. Phoenix's Savage has no special defenses so Bartz AASB should have no trouble breaking cap with gen 2 chain.

Also, Seymour/Exdeath/Raines is probably enough for Madeen. Madeen is one of those where, if you can survive the damage, you want her to remain in Savage because she's very slow in it. She hits harder but barely attacks you.

And yes, the rainbow swords are pure rainbow crystal fodder. There are 5* (D180 rewards them) and 6* versions as well. Think of them as supplemental to foddering your 3/4* crap and your 5/6* dupes.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like my Dark Mag stuff is pretty bare bones, only my Holy MAG is worse.

Did a blind run on Madeen 2 imperil stacks, Seymour chain and CoD BSB buff was netting Raines 6.5k hits per CMD1. Got Madeen down to about 1/2 health around the 30 second mark, and that was with Vayne who died after turn 2.

I do have Seifer chain, but I can't see that being any better than Seymours besides the extra hits.

Will continue to work at this as I think I it's pretty doable.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Grats on the sub 30. If you feel like optimising it, Bartz can break Savage under Awakening, assuming you have a chain/imperil. Won't have to waste Tifas meter then.

Thanks, though it's been a little hard to replicate. Yeah I tried using Bartz's Awakening to break Savage instead but I was surprised when it ended up only doing 6k~ even with OK pUSB and Ingus chain (though it just started so the count was low). That 50% damage reduction is no joke.

Farmed up enough copies now, though, so screw messing with this further, haha.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
In regards to Dream Select Pull...

If you have Bartz fully dove, with AASB active, and then triplecast LMR.

How many total times are possible in one turn? is it 4 or 5?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
In regards to Dream Select Pull...

If you have Bartz fully dove, with AASB active, and then triplecast LMR.

How many total times are possible in one turn? is it 4 or 5?

With just triple cast it's 4, if you have double and triple cast lms equipped it's 5.

Also, daily disco for Lulu ultra, it seems meh, but more options are nice.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Seems like the Bartz LMR is a no brainer if you have the AASB, but on the reverse, it's money only pull, and if you do have the AASB, do you really need the LMR in today's content.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Seems like the Bartz LMR is a no brainer if you have the AASB, but on the reverse, it's money only pull, and if you do have the AASB, do you really need the LMR in today's content.
No. But the sheer joy of Butz attacking 25 times and following it with an 8-hit chase and another 8-hit chase.

Oct 25, 2017
Also, daily disco for Lulu ultra, it seems meh, but more options are nice.

Her first usb? When that came out I got it and found it to be highly useful. The instant casts really piled up the damage, and her dive is doublecast. Now there are a bunch of ice magic usbs for competition and she doesn't make my typhon team. I thought she would so I leveled her magia up only to nab terras aasb in the fest.

Feeding an instant caster like her to fire usbs every other turn and six hit double casts between is super fun.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Her first usb? When that came out I got it and found it to be highly useful. The instant casts really piled up the damage, and her dive is doublecast. Now there are a bunch of ice magic usbs for competition and she doesn't make my typhon team. I thought she would so I leveled her magia up only to nab terras aasb in the fest.

Feeding an instant caster like her to fire usbs every other turn and six hit double casts between is super fun.

Yeah her usb1, I wasn't paying attention and thought instacast was just fastcast. IC2 makes it much more interesting.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
After spending too much time grinding and trial and error this last week, I think it's time to go back to casual mode. Where casual means, do the events, farm dailies, and now also make sure to grind magia at times. I guess I will farm Fabul castle like everybody else.

The game is still fun, but I hate how I feel like i've lost time when I spend hours and still don't get a clear. So gonna take my lazy-ass outta here. See you guys again soon! Right now Im still playing Opera Omnia, trying out ES Blades, and playing these two little battle/moba pvp type mobile games. Oh! And I bought Darkest Dungeon and still havne't played it.

Something exciting comes up, send me a message! Glad most of you are still here, and thanks for tips everybody that replied here and there.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the last of the released 5* magicite. Wasn't quite fast enough to avoid the confuse from the 2nd phase. Cloud just had USB1/AOSB but he still did good damage at the end of the chain. Will try some tweaks and see if I can get a consistent clear.

KUvqWwPl.png

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
ok... frustration is clearly kicking in here. For my own sanity, i need some help i think..

been trying to beat quel all weak and have failed badly. My biggest problem is that my damage is PATHETIC.

party is

Ramza - wrath | entrust - shout BSB
Bartz - tremor quad strike | blastspell strike - USB1, earthBSB
Rosa - wraith | ultra cure - USB1, USB3? (regenga one)
Cinque - stone press | grand charge - USB
Alphinaud - curada | shellga - SSB (radiant shield)

generally, i don't have an issue breaking enrage part at the start but it takes me over a minute just to get it to about 40% hp..... at witch point i start to die because no wall and the imperials are destroying me. Cinque generally does way more dmg then bartz.

i tried dumping alphinaud for currila for her radiant shield instead and magic break which helps a little but it isn't helping my dmg. Bartz is only doing 5k dmg per blastspell cast.. is that normal? That is after the impearth bsb, usb1 along with shout + radiant shield boostga.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ok... frustration is clearly kicking in here. For my own sanity, i need some help i think..

been trying to beat quel all weak and have failed badly. My biggest problem is that my damage is PATHETIC.

party is

Ramza - wrath | entrust - shout BSB
Bartz - tremor quad strike | blastspell strike - USB1, earthBSB
Rosa - wraith | ultra cure - USB1, USB3? (regenga one)
Cinque - stone press | grand charge - USB
Alphinaud - curada | shellga - SSB (radiant shield)

generally, i don't have an issue breaking enrage part at the start but it takes me over a minute just to get it to about 40% hp..... at witch point i start to die because no wall and the imperials are destroying me. Cinque generally does way more dmg then bartz.

i tried dumping alphinaud for currila for her radiant shield instead and magic break which helps a little but it isn't helping my dmg. Bartz is only doing 5k dmg per blastspell cast.. is that normal? That is after the impearth bsb, usb1 along with shout + radiant shield boostga.

Well, Quetz does have that 50% damage reduction Savage Mode.

With all of those ATK buffs, I'll assume you can hit the softcap. At the softcap of 1298 ATK, +50% damage from earth BSB En-earth, +20% damage from earth weakness, +40% damage from two +earth equips, +27% damage from 3x Empower Earth 15, and 1.1 multiplier from Blastspell Strike, you have

(1298^1.8 / 50000^0.5)*1.1*1.2*1.5*1.4*1.27 ~= 6324/hit (3162 during Savage Mode)

And with +15% spellblade damage from his dive, you should get 7272/hit (3636)

Do you have all (or most) of those pieces? 1250/hit is waay to low for Blastspell Strike

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
i do about 5500 per hit without savage mode with all my buffs (earth bsb, shout, dtactics, usb1). Really surprised it is that low. Trying to figure out a way to dish out more dmg. I'm wondering if i should swap out alphinaud for tifa maybe? The problem is i only have just her enearth BSB. I'm not sure if that is worth scrapping a boostga for.

edit: i did notice i can actually break dmg cap without any charges with stone press after usb cast... really surprised by that. I should also mention that both bartz and cinque have their atk maxed with c-water and magia.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
i do about 5500 per hit without savage mode with all my buffs (earth bsb, shout, dtactics, usb1). Really surprised it is that low. Trying to figure out a way to dish out more dmg. I'm wondering if i should swap out alphinaud for tifa maybe? The problem is i only have just her enearth BSB. I'm not sure if that is worth scrapping a boostga for.
Since you're using a BSB, remember it comes with a +20% atk. You also have +50% atk from Ramza, and +30% atk from USB1. You just need ~552 atk to reach the soft cap with all those buffs

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
well i feel like an idiot...

figure i'd try hecatoncheir since i have zach's wind chain......

uh, died a couple of times, then killed it in 23 seconds... This should make the quel fight much easier i think!!

I like this kind of fight, didn't actually read any guides too.. just quick trial and error.

edit: on a different note.. i wonder if dena ever regrets releasing cloud's usb1...

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, I got Seph's AOSB. Thats the second relic I get for him, after his SSB1. I actually pulled on every debut banner of his relics (I think I only skipped the SSB2 one), but at least now I actually got something.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started the 5* magicites, and KB down. Thanks to Chronobeej for the setup. Can do it in around 40s right now.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what's your setup? Chain or no chain? Asking because I'm still struggling with BK so I'm looking for ideas :)

Edge LD - Shifting Sands, Phantasm - USB0, LMR - MM
Shelke LD - Ace Striker
OK LD - Wrath, Chain Stonega - IC LMR, mUSB, USB3 - Battleforged
Maria LD - Chain Stonega, Meltdown - USB, AOSB - TGM
Red XIII - Entrustbot - Chain - DMT

Edge uses Phantasm when not using his SSB.
Shelke is Edge's entruster
I have OK wrathing to get his mUSB up, and then Chain Stonega until USB3 up, then casting until he has meter for mUSB again.
Maria uses Chain Stonega until USB then goes to town. I also gave her Meltdown and can probably just start casting that first instead. Caps out pretty early w/ Chain. AOSB is used as kill shot. I have her OSB for emergency purposes.
Red XIII wraths to get Chain back up and emergency entrusts if needed

Maria uses Fabula Raider turn 1. Magicite deck is a ton of MIdgardsormrs right now and an Evrae. Only one is at max level with a Lv3 Empower inherited

Tweaks to get it down more probably involves getting other abilities and maybe (probably?) giving Meltdown to OK instead.