• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Any Earth chain at all?

Nope. I lack a lock of chains actually. The only Gen2 chains I have are phy Water and Mag Fire. Also got Gen1 phy/mag Dark and mag Fire. No chain at all for Lighting/Earth/Ice/Holy/Wind.
Wasn't too bad for 4* magicite but 5* is another story. AASB are going to help a bit (I was able to beat Quetz with the help of Bartz) but I figure that's going to be a pretty big problem where I lack fire power.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally started the 5* magicites, and KB down. Thanks to Chronobeej for the setup. Can do it in around 40s right now.

Congrats on the victory! Breaking into the 5* magicite is a huge accomplishment.

If your looking for some tweaks to get a lower time for KB, definitely create Chain Stoneja. All the Chain-ja spells are solid acquisitions for the 5* magicite. You could probably also replace OK's wrath with Meltdown. A 6* ability hitting weakness is almost as much SB gauge as wrath. Even for Red you could try to replace wrath with another copy of Chain Stonega. Since you already have a victory, these tweaks would be if you are hoping to sub 30 it. Sub 30 isn't essential but the extra Major Arcana you get will help level your magicite faster.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Madeen finally down.

Played around with it a bit, but my Dark MAG isnt' as good as my PHYS so no Sub30 for MAG (story of my FFRK playing career for all elements). Anyways, Madeen doesn't attack a whole lot so that made the fight a lot easier. Ended up having to water and magia some of the characters, but it ended up working out anyways. Pretty worried about my Holy 5* MAG though...that isn't going to be pretty.

My Madeen team:

Elarra LM1/LMR - ACM R3/Hastega R2 - DMT - USB1
Vayne LM1/LM2 - Dire Heal R3 / Necrofear R2 - True Madness - BSB/OSB
Raines LM1/LM2 - Mark of Darkness R3 / Dispel R4 - Scholar's Boon - BSB
CoD LM1/LM2 - Dark Zone R5 / Shellga R3 - Mako Might - BSB2/USB
Seymour LM1 - Dark Zone R3/Necrofear R2 - Ace Striker - CSB/BSB2

Holy Res, major on Elarra.
All DPS have + Dark Equips.

Magicite: Shadow Dragon

Pretty straightforward fight, got mastery in 42 seconds with CoD and Seymour down. Now just need to farm Madeen a few more times.

edit: farmed another copy of Madeen and got him down to 35 seconds. Not too bad.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Only Syldra and Typhon remain on my 5* magicite circle IX journey

JZ3BSzYl.jpg
3Hx0xs2l.jpg

NwUxgyQl.jpg
pjbkxU1l.png

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
After putting it off for so long, I finally joined the 5* Magicite club. Got Famfrit down in about 35secs~ (Now 24 secs!)

Also got Jecht's EnDark LMR from the daily draw today. 👍

Question: Is Rosa (w/ USB2) worth Legend diving for the healing boost, even though her LM1 and LM2 are awful? Please advise.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
After putting it off for so long, I finally joined the 5* Magicite club. Got Famfrit down in about 35secs~

Also got Jecht's EnDark LMR from the daily draw today. 👍

Question: Is Rosa (w/ USB2) worth Legend diving for the healing boost, even though her LM1 and LM2 are awful? Please advise.
Yes, just don't get her LM2 (edit: the lower left part is also pretty skippable). The extra stats are always helpful, specially since with her USB2, you will be using her a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Realm renewal pulls refreshing on the 24.

Will have to make a push to see where I stand torment wise in the interim. Only one dwhale is sub30, vi, so have to get some work in. I'm thinking anything below sub 40 isn't worth a pull since improvement will be highly unlikely.

Haven't killed adamantoise yet.
Need
6 syldra
3 laksmi
8 madeen
X adamantoise

And maybe go back around the wheel to see what else may be useful, presumably significant improvements timewise on a number of them.

And working on 2-3 DPS per realm hitting 100 magia for the torments.

Oct 25, 2017
I would advise (if you haven't) pull on FF14. There are no events for that realm in the near future.

That's a good one. Pre magia my kill is 48 sec and I've nabbed at least one relic since then I can recall, alphi usb1. With magia I bet I can shave off that 8 seconds.

I pulled the old set long ago, I was speaking more towards the new set of refreshed pulls.

Otoh that's a lot of rainbow shards at 15m a pull even if I can hammer the torment.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah I mean, in the end you have to think about what your goals are. Presently, I'd rather get some chains instead of AASBs.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Same, I'm missing only Earth and Lightning chains, and KB/Quetz/Famfrit/Geos are the four magicites I just don't want to try because of that. Which is a problem, because I could really use the level 8 wards right now

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
(double post, sorry)

So, 10 days until JP gets magicite Titan. Some things I was thinking and just waiting and seeing what happens is not fun

There are 30 magicite passives available on 5*s:

16 Empower/Dampen
6 Status boons (atk/def/mag/res/mnd/hp)
2 Critical boosts (Precise/Deadly)
2 Wards (Blade/Spell)
1 Cast Speed (Fast Act)
1 Healing (Healing Boon)
2 HP->DMG (Surging Power/Hands of Vengeance)

With only 8 6* magicites, each would need 4 skills to have all of those.

With only one magicite per element, it must have both the Empower and the Dampen plus 2 extra passives.

Technically, the magicite menu was designed for 6 passives (horrible edit below, but the spacing between the slots is correct):

Going from 4 slots to 6 is quite a jump, but if 6* are the last ones, its kinda justified (and if they only have 4 or 5 slots total, I'm calling a 'bahamut' final magicite or 7* down the line).

With this, having 4 skills + 2 empty slots is actually possible and filling 2 slots is already enough grind

Another option would be not having all of the 30 skills. 5* have the same Empowers and Dampens as 4*, maybe level 15 Emp and level 10 Dampen are the max they want us to have. In this case, they could just leave them out, and if we want them, we can use inheritance from 5*/4*, this would bring the passive total down to 14, and each 6* would only need 2 passives to have all of them.

Another (unlikely) option would be allowing the default skills to be overwritten with inheritance. This would give the most freedom, but also requires a lot of magicite grinding.

What you guys think?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
For the realm draws is there a cutoff date for relics or is it anything that's been released up to now?

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Had my first serious attempts at Madeen and I need to figure out what I can improve:

Current team is:
Exdeath LD : MMori/ DZ R4 / bUSB / +Weakness DMG => DPS+ Rage breaker+Imperil
Cid (XIII) LD : Dispel / DZ R4 / USB / +Weakness DMG => DPS + Dispeller
Elarra LD : Shellga / Curada / USB / MM
Seymour Half LD : MMori / MoD R4 / CSB / AceStriker (I think?) => Chain + Imperil
OK LD : Entrust / Wrath / mUSB / DMT => Boostga + entrust bot.

Magicite:
Hades + EmpDark (main)
Siren + Magic Boon
Necrophobe + Dampen holy
Seraph + Magic Ward
Evrae + Blade Ward

Overall I can survive the whole fight rather well (unless I don't pay attention and get someone killed during a damage spike).
I did two attempts to around 10% HP left but my issue is that I get out of hones and can't do much anymore without backup BSBs. The obvious answer is to R5 both my DZ but this is gonna be costly (especially without the full unlock of the orb dungeons). Another issue is that I can't finish him before MM doom kills of my DPS so I really need to improve the speed here.
Apart from more hones and maybe some magia farming, is there something obvious I could improve here?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
FFV d??? done in 44 seconds.

Lenna: Hastega, Curada, bsb
Gogo: Dispel, ultra cure, no sb used
Bartz: Blastspell strike, usb1, aasb
Kelger: Shifting sands, desert mirage, usb, glint
Galuf: Ironfist earth, shellga, chain

Healing RW

Pretty straight forward earth run, not sure how much lower I can get the time with this group, but I'll put it aside until I get some new toys for the realm.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Finally decided to try Famfrit, I see a lot of people saying hes is one of the easiest. I was avoiding water since I don't have a chain, but it was surprisingly doable.

Prompto - USB - Spark Offering/Magic BD, LM2/LMR, +gun damage
Bartz - Awakening - Stormspell/Thundering Quad, LM2/LMR, +spellblade damage
Elarra - USB - Curada/Dispel, LM1/LM2, DMT
Quina - USB - Wrath/Entrust, LM1/LM2, MM
Sora - USB - Thundering Quad, LM1/enlightning LM2, +spellblade damage

Prompto, Bartz and Sora have 2x +lightning equips

The problem with this team is my magicite deck, I have Garuda as main (have not beaten KB yet), since Prompto can max imperil by himself. And 2x Mimic Queen + 2x Ixion, all level 80 because I have almost no Arcana left

5* done: Manticore, Phoenix, Hecatoncheir, Madeen and Famfrit
I guess Mateus and Quetz are the best next ones now since I have Bartz AASB, but their savage modes are so annoying ugh

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima Dropping OK would mean no boostga though? I'd need to replace shellga with haste on Elarra at least. Not sure I can survive this way. still worth a shot anyway. I'll see what other dark DPS I can find in my stash :p
Unfortunately, no Raines BSSB :(

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like 5* motes are going to be farmable in JP. So I guess 6* dives will be the next upgrade system.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
The game's at such a weird state right now.

There's no content difficult enough for even non-whales. (6* Magicite should be first in a while)
All the important character boosts are easily accessible (People already have full R5 sets of torment skills and even before the 5* motes farmable like 100 characters LDed)
There hasn't been a power creep for like 6 months (Bartz AASB is still best AASB)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Almost every relevant relic nowadays are 6*, even 6* glints are a clear upgrade over 5* glints. But LMRs are still 5* only. If 6* dive becomes a thing, I'm expecting 6* materias and 6* LMR.

But I do wonder what kind of effect a 6* materia would have, a lot of current LMRs are already super powerful

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
6* Glints are really focused on speed clears though, since you can only use them once. That ties in with Torments and Magicite, but not always ideal for fest superbosses.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is that Ignis I see, War? For shame! But seriously, pretty impressive. How many are left?

4/5 IX characters, it still counts! Unfortunately for both Syldra and Lakshmi, I had to resort to Ignis as going over 30 seconds is pure hell for these two, unlike the rest of the physical 5* magicites.

(Ignis and Elarra are honorary IX members).

The last one remaining is Typhon. I haven't tried it yet, but it's probably going to be a mega struggle or impossible until the next IX event when Vivi becomes very proficient in Ice/Lit/Water.

Oct 25, 2017
Heres my Elemental artifact shopping list:

Gun fire atk
Dagger ice atk
Dagger ice mag
Dagger lightning mag
Dagger earth atk
Dagger earth mag
Dagger dark atk
Dagger dark mag
Dagger water mag
Rod lightning
Rod ice
Rod water
Rod earth
Rod wind
Rod holy mag

So that's 15. Basically covering everything I don't have at least one six star relic for a class and second and thirds in some damage types. Some very niche. Have taken into account rs effects, too bad there isnt that sort action.

If I could manage to net one relic that hits one of the above between now and then, fantastic. Need to do the math on how many artifacts we get in advance to see if I can burn one or two for torments.

But the reality is that I can clear the magicites so what are the element artifacts really going to do for me.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
woohooo...

finally beat quetzalcoatl!! Now i just need to do it 3 more times ><

a little bit random, is it possible to beat madeen without doing the other 5*s? was thinking of challenging it since i have a gen 1 chain along with cid's bsb/osb/usb.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Good work guys. I've finished laskmi and syldra just have madeen and adamantoise.

100 gem Locke csb. Great. New. Ld Locke already. Already sub 30 the vi torment already have mateus farmable via Vincent's csb. But glad to have a phys fire chain esp when there's no way I'm pullling on a vi banner.

Oct 30, 2017
As it was pointed out to me earlier, you need to pray and hope for stacks of ice imperil to maintain your gauges otherwise you lose that little bit of gauge that's needed for Elarra USB. Need to have Elarra with a gauge basically at all times once the chain is up. Positioning is key as the 3 center characters take extra damage.

Bartz SSS+SSS /LMR+LM2/ Spellblade damage - AASB
Celes SSS+Dispel / LMR + LM2/ Lionheart - Chain, then AASB
Onion Wrath + Entrust / LM1 + LMR / DMT - pUSB
Elarra Curada + Shellga / LM2 + LMR / MM - USB1
Laguna Frost Offering + Freezing Snipe / LMR + LM2 / TGM - USB

I'm trying to recall my steps but it went:
Bartz SSS until AASB, then spam SSS obviously, during High Stakes phase wait until Celes dispels, then resume SSS spam.

Celes Dispel, SSS until chain (so it goes off around 10 seconds on the timer), SSS until AASB (make sure she has QC), then dispel (also ensure she has QC) and spam SSS if needed.

OK pUSB, wrath, entrust to Elara, wrath, Manitcore, entrust to Elarra. OK continues to wrath/entrust

Elarra Shellga, Curada, USB, Curada, wait until Savage Wind to recast USB, and keep health up. Will need a USB right after savage thunderstorm in later stages of fight.

Laguna Wall, frost offering until USB (pray for stacks) and spam Freezing Snipe till USB towards end of fight .

I tried extending the use of Frost Offering rather than switching to Freezing snipe during Laguna's USB phase, but found it wasn't too useful as I lost too many chain hits. LMR was super handy as it can add stacks which can make or break the fight. Thought I could power through without imperil, but it was too frustrating.

This was helpful, thanks! I got my four Syldra this past weekend. My setup wasn't the same, but I'm able to hit a lot of the same beats in a different way and am stronger overall. The clincher was really just keeping Elarra on standby and just dropping USBs one after another during the last phase--it's the only way I was able to push through. Team:

Celes: Banishing -> Snowspell ... USB1 -> Snowspell ... Arcane
Elarra: Shellga -> Curada ... USB1
Tyro: USB4 -> Wall RW -> Wrath ... Entrust (Elarra)
Laguna: Icy Offering ... CSB -> Icy Offering ...
Sora: Protectga -> Snowspell ... Woke -> Snowspell ... Arcane

Generally clear around 25s, and always sub-30. I think 21 is fastest with good Celes/Laguna double cast and imperil luck. Most important lessons were... Mako Might on Elarra. Only magicite so far where I couldn't use TGM or Lionheart instead. Syldra just smashes too hard too early. Heavy Entrust to Elarra to push through final phase--Tyro is good for this role with USB4. TGM on Laguna to help get an imperil stack going. It's okay to start with weak damage... Build up meter to chain and then blitz in that 15 second window. Most of my magicite runs open with chain and kill in two chains, but not Syldra.

Got my four Typhon today. Pretty simple compared to Syldra. Mostly sub-30, but not always.

Sub-30 Hecatoncheir on my first try without even knowing his moveset. Butz and Cloud OP with infinite meter. Will get three more clears on him this week and move on to Adamantoise this weekend.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a new, proper WoFF event was announced for Japan. The mobile game is no more, so this should be how Global gets Enna Kros and Tama in the future. (Alongside another new, yet unannounced, WoFF character.)

Also, the lens shop is getting 100+ new relics added. 👀

Oct 30, 2017
I just learned that Alphinaud's USB finisher will target allies if he's confused. 5x9999 to the whole party... wiped. Guess I'll move him out of slot 5. Adamantoise is a tanky mofo, though I was close to killing him. Far from sub-30.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly done inheriting my Madeens, I just need to get to Syldra/Typhon for atk/mag 20s. I have placeholder 15s while I'm waiting.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
so a little random,

i can consistently sub30 Hecatoncheir and was going to put him in my magicite deck but then i noticed that most of the guides don't actually have him in any deck.. why? is it because it happens to be the last element in the circle? (have only cleared heca, quel and kb so far). Farmed 8 copies of each. Just have no idea what the heck passives inherit on them :(

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
so a little random,

i can consistently sub30 Hecatoncheir and was going to put him in my magicite deck but then i noticed that most of the guides don't actually have him in any deck.. why? is it because it happens to be the last element in the circle? (have only cleared heca, quel and kb so far). Farmed 8 copies of each. Just have no idea what the heck passives inherit on them :(

The Def20 passive on Heca is pretty meh and a very minor upgrade over 4* Earth Guardian. Also it's arguable that Earth Guardian's + lightning resist is more useful that Heca's damage if you don't need it to break savage mode.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
so a little random,

Heca is probably the most worthless magicite to farm.

DEF/RES boons are largely worthless - they can be okay if not running wall, or in place of a second ward, but they're super low priority.

Moreover, Heca's entry would, ostensibly, be used against King Behemoth to break KB's savage, but KB is the primary magicite that you don't want to break savage. You can still put Heca in your deck, but getting one L99 copy, you don't need another one.

I use Heca for my inheritance/arcana farm, but its passives are largely useless.