• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Squall fire Arcane and fire Glint from realm draw. I don't even know what my fire team should be anymore since all of my spell blades are rad. I guess I have to default to Sora and Butz because they're woke.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This game really likes giving me Rikku's relics. Just got her USB2 and QC3 LMR from the realm draw. So now I have a unique, both her BSBs, USBs, LMRs and her Water Chain. I didn't pull for any of these relics specifically. 🤣

No complaints of course, but it's funny how this game pushes you to use certain characters. (Though her Legend Dive is a mess.)

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Daily got me Kelger's LMR today

Quetz down in 50s after a bunch of tinkering but no mastery. Probably need to actually do some torments for the 6* abilities.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
After struggling to beat Quetz in 45s with no chain and failing to kill BK, I finally tried Phoenix and after a few tweaks got it sub 30s! Felt really satisfying!

Bartz AASB with CSB 2.0 really is something. I have to rely on two healers though, Elarra USB and Eiko Last Stand USB. I think I wouldn't be able to beat it without last stand at all though, this thing hits like a truck. Am I missing something in term of mitigation? I use Wall RW + ProtShell from Rikku USB and a few wards on magicites. Haven't tried debugging it at all though.

I want to try again BK and I was wondering something. Currently my dps is Maria USB with chain stoneja/meltdon and Rydia with earh BSB and Titan. I have Terra AASB and I was wondering if bringing her with Meltdown would be worth it? Without en-earth I feel like it could fall short. I was also wondering if potentially breaking BK savage mode wasn't a mistake?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I have Terra AASB and I was wondering if bringing her with Meltdown would be worth it? Without en-earth I feel like it could fall short.

I just couldn't quite sub 30 BK with my normal earth team so I decided to try Terra aasb off element and did a 24 second kill my first try. I did have Galuf's gen 2 physical chain so ymmv depending on what support/buffs you have.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Auto battle 5* magicites is a hell of a thing.

3f7124080b00c5cb23b3a37834989dd1.png

This was on speed 2, I need to play around with it and see if speed 3 works.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Sub30'd Famfrit with a bunch of S/Ls. Kain CSB + Sora AASB. I want to say its consistent but I do get wiped a bunch by the Briny attack. Think that's a matter of just reordering my party though

e: got it consistent once i saw what Ignis BSB exactly did on entry and swapped him in for Ramza and shuffled the lineup around. Around 22-25s based on RNG

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Might as well report here.

In stalling before tackling the 5* Dark magicites (my Holy is pretty bad), I managed to tackle 2 more D??? Torments:

FF2 D???: 53.86

Hilda (LM1+LM2): R3 ACM, R3 Enfeebling Jitterbug, MM (USB)
Leon (LM1): R3 Memento Mori, R4 Necrocount, Gathering Storm (USB1), double dark boost
Minwu (LM1+LMR): R5 Holyja, R3 Hastega, Holy DMG+ (BSSB2/USB2), double holy boost
Maria (LM1): R5 Meltdown, R3 Shellga, Gathering Storm (BSSB), double earth boost
Emperor (LM1): R4 Chain Stoneja, R3 Dispel, Scholar's Boon (BSSB2/USB1), double earth boost

Magicites: Lakshmi (L10 Dampen Dark + L15 MND Boon), Phoenix (L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (L20 Mag Boon x2), Madeen (L8 HP Boon + L10 fast Cast), Adamantoise (L15 Empower Earth x2)

Ice/Earth resist accessories on most characters. +100 magia on all characters. Leon got magic for this along with Maria/Emperor, Minwu/Hilda got MND.

Best means of victory is to DPS past Phase 3/4 status bullshit. Took a few tries and several tweaks to get this (initial victory, when I managed to pull it off, was over a minute).

FFVIII D???: 28.70

Rinoa (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Blizzaga, R5 Vortex, Scholar's Boon (BSSB2/AOSB), double ice boost
Selphie (LM2+LMR): R3 Shellga, R5 Holyja, Ace Striker (USB1), double holy boost
Ultimecia (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Tornado, R2 Hastega, Gathering Storm (USB1), double wind boost
Squall (LM2+LMR): R4 SSS x2, Mako MIght (USB4/AOSB), double ice boost
Laguna (LM1+LM2): R3 Icy Offering, R3 Freezing Snipe, Battleforged (USB1/CSB)

Magicites: Lakshmi (L10 Dampen Dark+ L15 MND Boon), Manticore (L15 Empower Ice x2), Phoenix (L8 Blade+ L8 Spell Ward), Madeen (L20 Mag Boon + L20 ATK Boon), Madeen (L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Act)

Poison resist acessories on everyone (Selphie got Major). +100 magia on all characters in relevant stats (ATK for Squall/Laguna, MAG for Rinoa/Ultimecia, MND for Selphie).

I don't have anything for Quistis so I couldn't coordinate a 4 DPS ice team + healing RW. First attempt got above 40 seconds with Ulti using Vortex and Selphie healing. Realised I didn't need much turn by turn healing, created Chain Tornado and gave it to Ulti, and gave Squall Mako instead of Gathering Storm so he could AOSB earlier and skip past the bullshit Phase 3 status. Still likely requires some RNG with Squall dualcasts to sub-30 since I got aw fe 30.XX victories, but eh. Not going to fight it again to find out for sure.

That brings my total D???s conquered to only 4, with 3 sub-30s (VII, V, VIII) and one sub-60 (II). XI is next, then probably X and XV, then either VI or XIV. Maybe FFT (my kingdom for TGC USB, or better, AASB). Not sure after that.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I 100-gem'd Rem's buildup LMR
Then decided to pull hoping for more Rem stuff... and got that LMR again + Cater's USB

Could be worse I guess?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Just temporary, this event didn't have MP in Japan either, but it will back like normal for future events.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
5 1/11 no discos in realm draws so far, and just now 1/11 5* while pulling on the healer banner.

Discos where are yooooooooo

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Think I'm going semi-casual on this- Had hilariously bad draws across the board for the 15s I pulled for realms I could use- Additionally with 6* darkness honed up I have the tools to sub30 T0 but things haven't lined up for the better part of an hour and I think I'm done with the frustration of knowing I can do stuff and just throwing attempts till stars align.

What that means:
I WON'T be:
- spending 10 hours trying to RNG content I know I'm on the cusp of
- deliberately grinding past 60-70 Magia on realms/elements which is my patience limit. Some are going to go past that naturally. Cool beans.
- gem selecting stuff for 3000. Yup. I can deal.
- Autoing 1stam MP over and over for greens for Crystal. I can deal too.
- Religiously running something every time Stam is almost full. If it overflows, too bad.

I WILL be:
- going for content/rewards I know I can beat, incl. sub30 torments, etc. whenever chances are better than "everyone needs to dualcast 2 turns in a row" or "Bartz please quadcast twice" etc.
- 500gem deals
- Daily missions/hoarding Mythril for Fests.
- Emptying stamina and weekly pots on Orb Meadows or a daily I'm super short on.
- Setting up some form of auto 5* sub30 whenever I'm able to for hands-free Arcana farm
- Using Lens to boost some realms either over the kill or sub30 finish lines.

This game has seesawed between being incredibly low-time-cost and super-hardcore-burn-afternoons endgame content for a while and I think the enjoyment from the latter no longer outweighs forgoing the former just for that 2-3% more efficiency. I think with the backdrop of the insane power jump AASBs represent, I'm definitely not deriving enough enjoyment from beating content 'against all odds' now when other immediate or near-future factors play a much bigger role than prep and strategy.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
it feels like my order for magicite is totally wacked..

i finished hecatoncheir (sub 30), Quetz, KB, Geo (sub 30) and Madeen. I killed all these 8 times except madeen (twice).

Should i continue to farm madeen then or should i back track back to famfrit and continue the elemental circle?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
it feels like my order for magicite is totally wacked..

i finished hecatoncheir (sub 30), Quetz, KB, Geo (sub 30) and Madeen. I killed all these 8 times except madeen (twice).

Should i continue to farm madeen then or should i back track back to famfrit and continue the elemental circle?

I jumped out of the circle after Famfrit/Geos to farm all my Madeens. It makes everything else easier so why not.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm doing a bit the same.
First 5* was Quetz but I couldn't beat BK so I figured I'd try Phoenix since I have a good water team. That was rather easy with Bartz AASB (sub 30s).
Then I figured I'd try Madeen since I had an ok-ish magic dark team and it would help on every other magicite fights and I finally took him down a couple days ago.
Now my goal is to farm Madeen to death and inherit 4* passives onto it until I can beat the replacement 5* (thanks to auto battle farm, levelling 4* magicite is now painless!)
I plan on doing:
Magic Boon 15 x 2
Attack Boon 15 x 2
Spell Ward 5 / Blade Ward 5.
My Madeen kill is not 100% so it's a bit painful but hopefully this will make other fights easier.

In any case, it feels good to be making some progress!

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
what is abilities is suggested for madeen to inherit? I can consistently kill madeen at about 40s. I only fail if i mistime phantom magicite summon.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
what is abilities is suggested for madeen to inherit? I can consistently kill madeen at about 40s. I only fail if i mistime phantom magicite summon.
Imo, the best combinations are double atk boon and double mag boon. You can get Atk/Mag boon from Syldra/Typhoon. If you can't beat them, the 4* version of the skills are fine too.

What I'm building is one Phoenix with Blade+Spell ward, and those two Madeens, so I'll always have at least one ward of each type, one HP boon, and 2 boons of the relevant stat on top of Surging Power.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Madeen becomes your flex. A good base post-Madeen is to go

ATK ATK
MAG MAG
HP Fastcast

That way you have options for pure physical, pure magical or hybrid decks with two Madeens, a primary DPS Magicite or two of 3x element15 and some combination of defensive magicite.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
I'm with you on that, Falk. I finally finished sub-30ing all the D240 and D280 Torments and I'm groaning trying to think of how I'd tackle the D???'s. It feels like I have just enough of the "right" SBs to pull off a handful of (non-sub-30) wins after a lot of hassle. Think I'm spending more time trying to plan out these teams than actually attempting them, haha.

Imo, the best combinations are double atk boon and double mag boon. You can get Atk/Mag boon from Syldra/Typhoon. If you can't beat them, the 4* version of the skills are fine too.

What I'm building is one Phoenix with Blade+Spell ward, and those two Madeens, so I'll always have at least one ward of each type, one HP boon, and 2 boons of the relevant stat on top of Surging Power.

This is what I was aiming to do, too.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Basic Madeens for everyone:
- Atk Boon x2
- Mag Boon x2
- HP Boon + Fast Cast

Everything else after that is optional/luxury. I have a ATK Boon + Mag Boon one since I run mixed teams, particularly in Torments, and when I get around to it I'll have one with L10 Deadly Strikes x 2 for Cloud.

Been busy this weekend.

Ark defeated: Best time 34.85.

Minwu (LM1+LMR): R4 Holy, R5 Holyja, Scholar's Boon (USB2/BSSB2)
Rosa (LMR): R4 De'Dia, R3 Protectga, Ace striker (USB1/USB2)
Ramza (LMR): R5 Healing Smite, R4 Entrust, MM (CSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R5 Madeen, R2 Hastega, DMT (USB1/BSSB)
Raines (LM1+LM2): R3 Memento Mori, R5 Wrath, Battleforged (BSSB)

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Siren (+L15 Empower Holy), Lakshmi (L15 MND Boon + L10 Dampen Dark), Phoenix (L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (L15 Mag Boon x2), Madeen (L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Cast)

Dark resists on everyone, natch. +100 magia on relevant stats (MND for Rosa/Minwu/Elarra, MAG for Raines, ATK for Ramza). +30 waters in relevant stats + HP on everyone but Ramza.

Rough turn order

Minwu: Holy x3, USB2, Holyja spam, USB2, Holy spam
Rosa: Protectga, De'Dia spam, USB2, De'Dia spam, USb1 before Phase 2 Doomsday, De'Dia spam, USb2 when available
Ramza RW, chain, R5 Healing Smite, Entrust Rosa, Healing Smite spam, refresh chain, Healing Smite spam
Elarra: Hastega, USB1, Madeen, magicite, Madeen spam, USB1 when available,but save gauge for BSSB1 if I don't skip Phase 2 Doomsday
Raines: Wrath, Memento Mori, BSSB, CMD1 spam, refresh BSSB as necessary, OSB to finish last remaining bit of Ark HP only

The fight is fairly straightforward. But I have a bit of juggling to do: Phase 2 Savage Dark Cannon followed by Doomsday 2 turns later is lethal. Right now my best bet is let Rosa USB1 after Savage Dark Cannon so I can heal up and blink the Doomsday. And if the blink gets eaten by Doomsday, that means I need to use Elarra BSSB at some point to tank the Savage Doomsday in Phase 3. However, if I skip Phase 2 Doomsday, which I did on my last run, it means that the blink will eat the Savage Doomsday and Elarra can USB1 for more HQC instead. If I don't have enough gauge for Elarra to use BSSB heading into Phase 3, Ramza has to entrust a bit to Elarra.

Other than that and Arks' debuffs slowing my DPS down and the occasional OUCH move, the fight isn't bad. Certainly not as bad as I head feared, but then again, yay to Minwu USB2 (my last USB Dream Select) for making this simpler.

Deathgaze defeated: Best time 28.95

Marche (LM1+LM2): R4 Assault Sabre, R2 Divine Cross, MM (USB), double holy boost
Rosa (LM1+LMR): R2 Hastega, R5 Wrath, Gathering Storm (USB2), one holy boost
TGC (LM1+LMR): R5 Life Siphon, R5 Healing Smite, Scholar's Boon (OSB), double holy boost
Ramza (LM2+LMR): R4 Assault Sabre, R1 Affliction Break, DMT (CSB), double holy boost
Agrias (LM1+LM2): R4 Assault Sabre, R1 Aegis Strike, Ace Striker (BSSB/OSB), double holy boost

RW: Fabula Mage
Magicites: Madeen L8 (HP Boon + L10 Fast Act), Phoenix (L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen x2 (L20 ATK Boon x2, L20 ATK Boon + L20 Mag Boon), Lakshmi (MND Boon + L10 Dampen)

Extremely rough turn order:

Marche: USB1, Assault Sabre spam, refresh USB1 before 20 seconds, Assault Sabre spam, USB1 spam after Blindja
Rosa: Hastega x2, Wrath, USB2, magicite, Wrath x2, USB2, Wrath x2, USB2, RW during Phase 3
TGC: Life Siphon x3, OSB after Marche's first Assault Sabre, Healing Smite spam, OSB to break Savage if Madeen just had turn, Healing Smite spam, OSB/Healing Smite after Blindja as necessary
Ramza: Assault Sabre, chain, Assault Sabre spam, refresh chain, Assault Sabre spam, RW after Blindja, Entrust TGC
Agrias: Aegis Strike x2, BSSB, Assault Sabre spam, BSSB when available, Aasault Sabre spam, OSB spam after Blindja

An official sub-30 on Deathgaze! No AASB, no damaging USBs other than Marche! TGC OSB is still putting on work 2+ years after I got it! This took a number of wins in the 32-33 second range before I finally got the sub-30.

This run is even more RNG than my Hades runs which, hilariously, also ran in the 29-33 second range that I currently find Deathgaze in. Mind you, I had no chain for Hades and used poverty stuff that was even worse than what I have here. I tried briefly to incorporate Ramza chain into my Hades team, but I couldn't get it to work properly and I didn't need any more 4* dark magicites at that point, so I didn't pursue it for long.

While my Hades team was reliant on dualcasts from Beatrix and Marche to get out of Phase 1 before Savage Cauldron, and then 1-2 dualcasts each to sub-30, Deathgaze is much more complex. I essentially have to time attacks, especially TGC with Healing Smite, to land right after Savage is broken. Priority is given to TGC and Marche since they do the most damage, while Ramza and Agrias are mostly for chain building and imperiling. At the end after Blindja, as noted before, it's a scramble to toss out as many SBs as I can interspaced with Fabula Mages to win.

I made one change to an earlier team: Dropping Affliction Break for Entrust. I realised that the doom counter doesn't really do anything until Savage Doom puts you at 5 seconds, in which case your ass better win fast. Even after refreshing chain, Ramza has a lot of gauge left at the end and nothing to do with it. So after dropping Fabula Mage, I have him Entrust to TGC before he bites it so that TGC has at least one more OSB to use to win.

At least, that's the plan. In my sub-30 run, I accidentally entrusted to Rosa, who bit it alongside Ramza to Savage Doom, but TGC had enough gauge for OSB and won with it anyway. If I needed that gauge for another turn I wouldn't have sub-30'd, so it's likely a desperation move!

That makes for 13/16 sub-30s on the 5* magicites. Ark and Madeen are in the 35 second range and are comfortable farms. I haven't gone back to Adamantoise since I got Faris chain and Madeen access, but really in no hurry to revisit that fight.

D??? Shadow Lord (XI) defeated: Best time is 33.XX

Ayame (LM1+LM2): R1 Freezing Moon, R4 Frost-Touched Blade, Gathering Storm (BSSB/OSB), double ice boost
Shanotto (LM2+LMR1): R4 Hell Thunder, R4 Lunatic Thunder, Scholar's Boon (USB), double lightning boost
Lion (LM1+LM2): R3 Steal Power, R4 Storm Assault, Acestriker (USB/BSSB), double wind boost
Aphmau (LM1): R4 Curada, R3 Protectga, MM (USB)
Curilla: R5 Healing Smite, R3 Shellga, DMT (BSSB)

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Madeen (L20 ATK Boon + L20 Mag Boon), Behemoth King (L15 Empower Lightning x2), Manticore (L15 Empower Ice x2), Madeen (L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Act), Lakshmi (L20 MND Moon + L10 Dampen Dark)

+100 magia on relevant stats (Mag on Shanotto, Mnd on Aphmau, Atk on Ayame Lion and Curilla)

Tried for hours but can't seem to get the sub-30. Trancing 'Totto is a pain, and she doesn't get online until 15 seconds in. But while DPS is okay, I have no big burst damage to finish quickly. I have the option of getting 'Totto online faster by using Chain Thundaja first and then switching to Lunatic Thunder after USB s up, but that would require honing Lunatic Thunder to R5 and I'm not sure I want to tank my dwindling dark crystal stash like that for this fight. I'll come back when I get an AASB for the realm I guess.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My Daily was Squalls fire AOSB. Its nice to have alongside his fire/ice USB, but no enfire though

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I just spent 2 whole days worth of stamina trying to get 8 Sylphs.

Would have shot my brains out if not for double rewards and being able to auto battle it. (AKA build my 4* wind deck when I was suppose to)

Speaking of which whats a quick setup for 4* decks. Not looking for anything fancy or BIS. Just something decent with minimal work.

I'm thinking of basically.

Imperial Element (If exist else) - Element Empower
Double Element Magical/Physical
Double Element Dampen
Tiamat - Blade and Spell Ward with magical boost.
Evrae - HP Boon

Trying to figure out how to fill in the wards.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima re: Madeen
No Madeen with S/B Ward ? How do you manage your double ward then? Specifically for each element?
I was planning on having both a Phoenix and a Madeen with blade ward and spell ward.
So any setup would always be something like:
- Phoenix B/S Ward (and native HP8)
- Madeen B/S Ward
- Madeen Double offensive boon
- Double Dampen for element
- Double Elem Boon for element

And maybe swap the double ward madeen for HP/Fast Act if damage isn't too high.

Edit: Also, thanks for the awesome write ups you make of your clears. Super informative!

Last edited:

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
is it worth it for madeen to eat evraes then since i doubt i would use them after madeen (they hp, fast act and deadly strike)

also, what do ppl do with their greens? I'm up to 700k greens now....

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ccbfan:

Quick and dirty setup for 4* decks:

- Physical Empower: Inherit L15 Empower
- Magical Empower: INherit L15 Mag Boon
- Dampen: Inherit L10 Dampen
- Evraes x2: Inherit L5 HP boon and L8 Fast Cast
- Gizamaluk: Inherit L5 Blade Ward

The last one is optional for 4* decks against 4* magicite, but useful for general content until you can replace with 5* equivalent (Phoenix or Famfrit).

Jux: re: double Blade/Spell wards

It differs by element. I don't always run double of both wards. If I need double wards of both and no other magicite carries them, I'll run Famfrit and Phoenix, since they both have HP Boon/Blade Ward/Spell ward.

I genrally prioritize HP Boon over the wards. This will become more relevant when bosses (read: Dark Odin) start hitting you for 9999 damage through mitigation and the wards get nerfed.

hesho:

My Madeens ate my Evraes. BUT there is one fight where Evrae is still useful that you might want to consider keeping one around for - Ark. Ark's Savage Mode is actually extremely beneficial to the player (it takes 66.67% more damage, even more than King Behemoth!), so much so that you probably don't want to break it. But to do so means not using Lakshmi or even Madeen as main. Evrae does 8 magic hits, which can actually hit for 9999x8 against Savage Ark under Holy chain, and it does Dark break, reducing Ark's considerable damage. As it is, since I have no more Evraes and don't feel like farming any more, I have to use Siren against Ark instead, which isn't quite as good (5 hits instead of 8, Holy boost instead of Dark break).

As for greens, currently hording aside from weekly stamina potions and mythril, hoping for the second greens shop update but not expecting it. If I need to, I'll buy crystals to hone something if I run low in one category. I currently have 1.6 million greens.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima thanks for the reply, that make sense. Will probably go with the HP/FastCast madeen instead of double ward then! (good thing I can easily kill Phoenix, at least I'll have a 5* HP unlike the wards where I'm stuck with 4* for now...)

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem'd Jack's USB.

Haven't been able to play around as much but I'm still coming up short on Geo. Might have to skip him and come back at this point

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still banging my head against Ark, even after getting lucky on the Type-0 banner and picking up Rem's AASB. He keeps getting me with that enrage auto-kill when I take too long in the last phase. There's no rush but it's my last 5* Magicite to figure out. I feel like I have the tools, just need to put it together.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still banging my head against Ark, even after getting lucky on the Type-0 banner and picking up Rem's AASB. He keeps getting me with that enrage auto-kill when I take too long in the last phase. There's no rush but it's my last 5* Magicite to figure out. I feel like I have the tools, just need to put it together.

I'm in the same boat, I should be able to do it now but I'm going to be lazy and wait for Lunar Dragon because I don't want to make another copy of Madeen for Hope.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies

I actually think Rem's AASB is a bit of a disadvantage here unless your other Holy DPS is really strong as well, since Rem AASB will (?) break Ark Savage, which will severely reduce your damage overall.

What "enrage auto-kill" are you referring to? Savage Doomsday? The 99999 attack it does on Turn 3 in Phase 3? Magic Blink of Last Stand is the only way to survive it.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So just picked this up this past week and been poking at it in the small spare time I've had available. Been clearing realms and using the mythril on realm pulls since they're cheap and give me a decent amount of relics. I've managed to pull a few Arcane's and no chains. Seem like chains are incredibly important at end game. What are some of the best spells and abilities to craft with my orbs? I've got two lifesiphons and protectga and shellga.

Almost finished with the fifth book to open up some more stuff to tinker with too.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Nirran:

What 5* abilities you'll craft ultimately depends on what character relics you have. Most of them are good, but if you have, say, good relics for Bartz, you'll want to prioritize getting 5* (and eventually 6*) spellblades first; if you have something good for Vivi, you'll want to craft the chain-ga spells sooner rather than later, etc. But if you're now starting, Full Break is good to craft, though make sure you have someone with Support 5 who can use it (Tyro if no one else).

List your relics and we'll be in a better position to advise you.

As for chains, yes, they're extremely important for end game. But what constitutes "end game" keeps changing, so the content you would really have wanted a chain for last year can be beaten without a chain this year, depending on what other relics you have. So I wouldn't worry about chains for the time being. They're not "necessary" for any fight below 5* magicite level.

If all else fails, we should be getting free chains at a rate of one per month eventually, starting from late July with Lightning chain for Reno. They're not as as strong as gacha chains, but any chain will be better than none.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to figure out how to auto-sub 30 Hecatoncheir.

Physical wind is by far my best team.

I have

Faris with 2.0 Chain and imperial Wind SSB
Marcus with imperial Wind USB
Zack with Chain
Cloud with USB1, USB2, double wind LMR, en wind lmr
Bartz with USB1, AASB, triple spell blade lmr
Elarra with USB1
Tyro with Godwall,

Really can't think of a better wind team than this other than lack of Zidane tech but having problems dealing with Blind and hitting Elarra USB at the right time. (That last quarter of HP destroys my team)

My typical team for sub 20 to 25 Hecatoncheir is

Faris (wraith, entrust) (Acestriker)
Cloud (LS, quad strike) (boost rm)
Bartz (LS , SSS) (boost rm)
Elarra (Hastaga, Curada) (Lionheart)
Tyro (Who has God Wall) (MM)

I basically charge sb until Cloud and Bartz have 3.5 meters (about 10 second mark). Then go Chain -> Imperial -> spam wrath until more meter for imperial. Cloud does USB1->USB2 and then spam quad strike until meter for USB1, Bartz USB1->AAB->spam SSS. Elarra pretty much has USB1 ready at all times with lionheart and the amount of time Heca attacks. Tyro pretty much spreads meters (mostly to Cloud) after GWall. I use Enkidu to deal with the blind but thats super easy since both Cloud and Bartz are spamming sbs at this time. Pretty brainless, only thing to watch out for is I need to has a hastega ready at the 18s mark and that last 3 seconds I need Elarra USB ready to go because I need to interrupt Heca's last barrage with a heal. Speed of running depends on Bartz extra spell blade triggering and timing of Cloud USB with Heca 50% debuff.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Nirran:

What 5* abilities you'll craft ultimately depends on what character relics you have. Most of them are good, but if you have, say, good relics for Bartz, you'll want to prioritize getting 5* (and eventually 6*) spellblades first; if you have something good for Vivi, you'll want to craft the chain-ga spells sooner rather than later, etc. But if you're now starting, Full Break is good to craft, though make sure you have someone with Support 5 who can use it (Tyro if no one else).

List your relics and we'll be in a better position to advise you.

As for chains, yes, they're extremely important for end game. But what constitutes "end game" keeps changing, so the content you would really have wanted a chain for last year can be beaten without a chain this year, depending on what other relics you have. So I wouldn't worry about chains for the time being. They're not "necessary" for any fight below 5* magicite level.

If all else fails, we should be getting free chains at a rate of one per month eventually, starting from late July with Lightning chain for Reno. They're not as as strong as gacha chains, but any chain will be better than none.

Weapon's:
III: CoD's USB
IV: Rosa's Glint, Rosa's Materia Bow,
V: Faris' USB
VI: Kefka's Arcane
VII: Cloud's Arcane, Cloud's BSB, Cloud's OSB, Reno's USB, Aerith's BSB, Aerith's SSB, Yuffie's BSB,
VIII: Squall's Arcane, Selphie's SSB, Rinoa's BSB
IX: Beatrix's BSB, Steiner's SSB, Freya's SSB
X: Tidus's Arcane, Jecht's Unique, Lulu's SSB
XIII: Lightning's OSSB, Lightning's BSB, Vanille's BSB
XIV: Thancred's BSB
XV: Noctis's OSSB
FFT: Ovelia's USB
RK: Tyro's BSB (Think this was from the missions?)

Armor:
III: Refia's materia
V: Faris's SSB
VI: Shadow's materia, Gau's materia
VII: Yuffie's unique, Sephiroth's materia, Aerith's materia
IX: Quina's SSB, Freya's SSB, Kuja's materia, Kuja's USB, Garnet's SSB
X: Lulu's BSB, Paine's BSB
XI: Zeid's SSB
XII: Reks's SSB
XII: Snow's BSB, Noel's materia
XIV: Yda's materia, Thancred's unique
XV: Noctis's BSB, Iris's SSB
FFT: Marach's SSB, Orlandaeu's BSB, Gaff's materia

Still have a ton of the realm relic banners to pull from too.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I sub-30'd Heca once yesterday and haven't been able to beat him since. The tools are there to theoretically be consistent, but I think it's mostly user error. I could've beaten a couple more times if the game registered my tap on Zidane's SBs instead of hitting ability instead.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ccbfan:

If your 5* clear team uses a bunch of entrusts and multiple SBs per character, you're not going to be able to auto it. Auto is really only for fights were you drop chain and spam abilities for the most part.

Nirran:

Hmm. Let's see.

- Reno USB is good (note: he has two - which is it?) and Reno can be used in both physical and magic teams. You're going to want Chain Thundaga if you're using him for magic and Tempest Snipe if using him in a physical team.

- Kuja USB (also has two, which is it?) and his Legend Materia Relic (LMR) are both great. That means you're going to want 4* Memento Mori and 5* Dark Zone. Note that CoD w/ USB can also use this. If you want to run them both (note that CoD's USB boost party magic and resistance, so she will make Kuja's attacks do more damage) and you don't want to make duplicate 5* abilities, make 5* Dire Heal.

On a related note, I recommend you pick Cid Raines BSSB (Metamorphosis Claw) from a later Acolyte Archive volume when you get the chance. It will work well with Kuja and CoD for a dark magic team, and is surprisingly futureproof - I use Raines in my 35 second 5* magicite teams for magic Holy and magic Dark. You won't even need to run him with any abilities other than Memento Mori and Wrath. He can also function perfectly well in a physical team since he's self sufficient.

- Faris: I'm assuming this is Pirate Princess, since it's the only USB of Faris (she has 3) that comes from a weapon. This generally good, but for debuffing and stacking imperils. You can make Dash and Slash for her to use offensively, BUT she's probably better with just 4* Wrath since she's really more support. Also, if you haven't crafted it, make 5* Entrust. Characters with Suppot 5 like Faris can use

- Cloud: Which BSSB does he have? If it's his first one, Fenrir Overdrive, that's basically useless. If it's his second one, Cloud Cycle, that's much better and makes Cloud worth using. If you don't have the latter, you can pick it from one of the later Acolyte Archive volumes. Cloud with BSSB2 + AOSB is a good unit (with busted potential if you get his USB1, Ultra Cross Slash), and you'll want Raging Quadstrike for him, but note you'll have to complete his 4* record spheres to give him access to Spellblade 5 first.

By the way, if you weren't aware, your best healer is currently Ovelia with her USB. But if you need healing over a long period of time or you cure hones aren't very high, Vanille with her BSSB will be really good for you. Vanille BSSB is the only healer BSSB which is Instance Cast (IC). She can also double as DPS, since her BSSB command 1 is a free 2-Hit Holy attack that debuffs enemy RES! It does surprising damage, and also works well in a mage team!

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
ccbfan:

If your 5* clear team uses a bunch of entrusts and multiple SBs per character, you're not going to be able to auto it. Auto is really only for fights were you drop chain and spam abilities for the most part.

Nirran:

Hmm. Let's see.

- Reno USB is good (note: he has two - which is it?) and Reno can be used in both physical and magic teams. You're going to want Chain Thundaga if you're using him for magic and Tempest Snipe if using him in a physical team.

- Kuja USB (also has two, which is it?) and his Legend Materia Relic (LMR) are both great. That means you're going to want 4* Memento Mori and 5* Dark Zone. Note that CoD w/ USB can also use this. If you want to run them both (note that CoD's USB boost party magic and resistance, so she will make Kuja's attacks do more damage) and you don't want to make duplicate 5* abilities, make 5* Dire Heal.

On a related note, I recommend you pick Cid Raines BSSB (Metamorphosis Claw) from a later Acolyte Archive volume when you get the chance. It will work well with Kuja and CoD for a dark magic team, and is surprisingly futureproof - I use Raines in my 35 second 5* magicite teams for magic Holy and magic Dark. You won't even need to run him with any abilities other than Memento Mori and Wrath. He can also function perfectly well in a physical team since he's self sufficient.

- Faris: I'm assuming this is Pirate Princess, since it's the only USB of Faris (she has 3) that comes from a weapon. This generally good, but for debuffing and stacking imperils. You can make Dash and Slash for her to use offensively, BUT she's probably better with just 4* Wrath since she's really more support. Also, if you haven't crafted it, make 5* Entrust. Characters with Suppot 5 like Faris can use

- Cloud: Which BSSB does he have? If it's his first one, Fenrir Overdrive, that's basically useless. If it's his second one, Cloud Cycle, that's much better and makes Cloud worth using. If you don't have the latter, you can pick it from one of the later Acolyte Archive volumes. Cloud with BSSB2 + AOSB is a good unit (with busted potential if you get his USB1, Ultra Cross Slash), and you'll want Raging Quadstrike for him, but note you'll have to complete his 4* record spheres to give him access to Spellblade 5 first.

By the way, if you weren't aware, your best healer is currently Ovelia with her USB. But if you need healing over a long period of time or you cure hones aren't very high, Vanille with her BSSB will be really good for you. Vanille BSSB is the only healer BSSB which is Instance Cast (IC). She can also double as DPS, since her BSSB command 1 is a free 2-Hit Holy attack that debuffs enemy RES! It does surprising damage, and also works well in a mage team!

Reno's is his Enhanced Pierce Rod

Kuja's is the Achromatic Bolero

Faris's is the Hunting Bow that does fire and wind ranged attacks.

Cloud's is the Cloud Cycle. He's been a staple in my teams so far.

Been using Ovelia as my main healer since her USB heals everyone and gives guts which has been useful for difficult fights so far. I got it trying for Aerith's on the half price pull.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Syldra for the first time and while my damage output is fine I'm having a rough time with the damage I'm taking. I need to tweak my turn order and timing so I don't get crushed right after High Stakes.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finally beat Behemoth King without an earth chain (in 51s)!
I had only 2 DPS (and a half OK using chain-stonega), Maria USB and... Rydia earth BSB. Funny thing that I can get a 5* magicite clear with a BSB in the team (that does not seem particularly good at that). Rydia did not do that much damage but it was the edge I needed to not get out of hones with Maria. Having farmed Madeen and Phoenix before did help though I guess.
Now, on to Water magicites! (thankfully I have at least both magic and physical chains 1.0 for them).

Oct 25, 2017
Hit 50 and Pulled once for rem, got her aosb and machjnas USB, so ok if not the grand prize. I have yet to kill the torment despite having pretty good tech. Hmm.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
WTF. I had this post done yesterday and I could have sworn I posted it. Bah. Anyway:

Nirran:

Ah. That's Reno USB1. Doesn't matter, both are good.

That's Kuja USB1. Also doesn't really matter since both also good.

Oh crap, I forgot that Faris has four USBs, not three. That would be her 4th one, which is DPS-based. Well, you'll definitely want Dash & Slash for her then.

You have Cloud Cycle, excellent. As you've no doubt noticed, BSSB2 -> AOSB is fantastic. And that's only a small fraction of the devastation that Cloud can unleash, but you're missing the primary ingredient for that (for now anyway; you'll have means of definitely getting it later).

As yes, Ovelia USB with 100% Res boost and Last Stand (Guts) will serve you well. I only suggested Vanille in case you found your healer running out of heals and needed more healing over time.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
WTF. I had this post done yesterday and I could have sworn I posted it. Bah. Anyway:

Nirran:

Ah. That's Reno USB1. Doesn't matter, both are good.

That's Kuja USB1. Also doesn't really matter since both also good.

Oh crap, I forgot that Faris has four USBs, not three. That would be her 4th one, which is DPS-based. Well, you'll definitely want Dash & Slash for her then.

You have Cloud Cycle, excellent. As you've no doubt noticed, BSSB2 -> AOSB is fantastic. And that's only a small fraction of the devastation that Cloud can unleash, but you're missing the primary ingredient for that (for now anyway; you'll have means of definitely getting it later).

As yes, Ovelia USB with 100% Res boost and Last Stand (Guts) will serve you well. I only suggested Vanille in case you found your healer running out of heals and needed more healing over time.

What's the best way to get Ovelia's gauge up since she can't use wraith? I finished book V up and grabbed shout so I have a hastega/boostega combo on a support now. The half energy for realms has been wonderful for progress.