• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get Ovelia's gauge up since she can't use wraith? I finished book V up and grabbed shout so I have a hastega/boostega combo on a support now. The half energy for realms has been wonderful for progress.

If she doesn't start with it by way of a record materia then really just spam her heal until it builds up. You can also always have a support character Entrust their SB gauge to her.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
What's the best way to get Ovelia's gauge up since she can't use wraith? I finished book V up and grabbed shout so I have a hastega/boostega combo on a support now. The half energy for realms has been wonderful for progress.

Three ways:

1) Start with Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings
2) Equip Acestriker/Battleforged and spam white magic (either Diaga/Holy against Holy-weak enemies, or Cure spells; the higher the level, the better, since higher level abilities give more gauge)
3) Equip Gathering Storm and spam white magic

Note that the bolded are the Big Five™ Record Materias, the RMs that 99% of your team builds will have at least 2-4 of.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat Mateus at 34:37.

I was trying to start the chain at 15s, but by the end, I didn't have enough SB to finish him off. Spending a couple extra turns to build gauge and using the chain at 20s solved this problem. Not sub30 because of this, but its almost there.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Did a bunch of realm drawn this morning. Mostly 1/11 5* crap but FF6... Got Celes AOSB, en-ice LMR, Gau LMR and 2 dube BSB (shadow and Sabin). Pretty happy about this pull!

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, finally downed my last 2 magicites after hours of trying and tweaking my load outs.

Ark down in 32 and Adamantoise in 52.

Went phys holy on Ark and Zack chain on Adamantoise.

Guess I'll farm a few more typhons and madeens

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
JFPwlYf.jpg

!

!!!

!!!!!

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
That's lucky. Wow. Hide yourself. Don't go outside. Remove every sharp object near you. And be extra careful with whatever you do.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing pull on the daily, Hours, wow.

Wrapped up farming Madeen and Syldra and Typhon today.

Have enough Madeens now for phys, mag and utility inherits on Madeen.

Unfortunately ran out of stamina lol.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Might as well post progress here:

Iron Giant: Mastered in 20.85. Tidus (USB1/BSSB2/LMR), Elarra (USB1), Rikku (CSB/BSSB2), Paine (USB1), Wakka (USB1),

Tried a full CM team with Yuna in place of Elarra, but incoming damage was too high. I could win with a full CM team if I went old school and stack debuffs with Rikku and Wakka, and I may yet give that a try, but I wanted the quick and dirty win.

Also did some more D???s, now that 5* magicites are basically over and decks are close to final.

FFX D???: Mastered in 28.65. Tidus (USB1/BSSB2/AOSB/LMR), Yuna (BSSB2/SSB), Rikku (CSB/BSSB2), Paine (USB), Lulu (USB2)

Started tackling this seriously last week, had several frustrating 32-33 second wins with Wakka in place of Paine before finally figuring out, after about 6 hours, the proper turn rotation and ability loadout (I forgot that Tidus had Celerity 6 - Flash Disaster + Acestriker = no more gauge problems). This is my 4th D??? sub-30, after VII, V, and VIII.

FFXV D???: Mastered in 42.XX. Ignis (BSSB/LMR), Noctis (SSB/AOSB), Iris (BSSB), Prompto (CSB/BSSB1), Aranea (USB)

This was my first attempt at the D???, went in blind and no AI. Pretty sure I can speed this up, maybe sub-30, since this is one of those fights where it's possible to sub-30 with only Ignis BSSB.

FFT D???: Mastered in 32.XX. Ramza (CSB), TGC (OSB/LMR), Ovelia (BSSB2), Marche (USB), Agrias (BSSB/OSB)

Boilerplate team, but only tried the fight once before after Healing Smite came out and slogged my way to 52%. After eating a bunch of slows and getting a win in the 40 second range, decided to look at the AI, and got the win in 32 seconds. Pretty sure I can sub-30 this - just need to entrust some bars to TGC at the end to spit out more OSBs (I seem to be one of the few whose TGC doesn't have USB and still relying on OSBs for damage). Might need dualcast luck from Marche/TGC though. Will try again later before going back to XV.

XV and FFT are my 7th and 8th D??? clears overall, after VII, V, II, VIII, XI, and X. Almost halfway there! Pretty sure I can beat VI and XIV, I might be able to swing IV, Type-0, and IX. The ones I'm least confident about are I, III, XII, and XIII, not necessarily in that order. FFIII, though, I'll be able to beat once I select III's stuff from Jump Start renewal, since I'll finally have something other than Advance for Luneth, not to mention a useful healing relic for the fight. The others are pretty eh right now.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jesus Christ. It took nearly six extra hours, but I finally figured out a sequence (with a TON of RNG) that got me the sub-30 on FFT. Mastered in 28.25.

Team

Ramza (LMR+LM2): R4 Assault Sabre, R4 Entrust, MM (CSB)
TGC (LMR+LM2): R5 Healing Smite, Truthseeker (OSB), double holy boost
Ovelia: R5 Holyja, R2 Hastega, Gathering Storm (no SB used), double holy boost
Marche (LM1+LM2): R4 Assault Sabre, DMT (USB), double holy boost
Agrias (LM1+LM2): R4 Assault Sabre, Shellga, Scholar's Boon (OSB)

RW: Heal
Magicites: Lakshmi (+L20 MND Boon/L10 Dampen Dark), Phoenix (L8 Blade/L8 Spell Ward), Famfrit (L8 HP Boon/L8 Blade Ward), Madeen x 2 (L20 Atk Boon x2,L8 HP Boon+L10 Fast Cast)

Dark/poison resists on everyone (Ovelia got major Bio resist). +100 Magia on everyone (ATK for Ramza/TGC/Agrias/Marche, MND for Ovelia)

Approximate Turn Order:

Ramza: Wait until just before TGC's turn comes up -> CSB, Assault Sabre, wait for Marche 1st Assault Sabre -> Assault Sabre spam timed after Marche's turns, refresh chain, Assault Sabre, Entrust TGC, Assault Sabre
TGC: Healing Smite x3, OSB after Marche's first turn, Healing Smite spam, OSB only after Marche first Assault Sabre during second chain, Healing Smite, OSB (x2?)
Ovelia: Hastega, Hastega at 5:50, Holyja, magicite, Holyja, if 2 turns away from Ultimate Ague, wait until it hits then Hastega, otherwise Holyja spam, RW before any impending big AoE when HP is too low (normally R3 T2 Incubus Dark Holy the first time, but it varies after that depending on phases skipped)
Marche: USB, Assault Sabre spam, refresh USB right as chain refreshes, Assault Sabre spam, USB only if no one else will get a HQC turn before 30.00
Agrias: Shellga, Assault Sabre, Assault Sabre spam timed after Marche USB, Assault Sabre (Marche refreshes USB, no HQC, still do it for gauge), OSB x 2 under HQC

As you can see from the turn order, this was an exercise in squeezing out every single possible action under HQC where possible and maximizing damage, while also watching out for phase changes to have Ovelia refresh Hastega in time. Especially important was, aside from initial Marche USB and refreshing Ramza chain, to never ever do a SB unless HQC physical was in play. And finally, I realised it was better to spam abilities with Agrias and save OSB x2 for the end rather than dropping BSSB early for imperils and a single OSB later.

And of course, there was a ton of RNG involved, mainly in the dualcasts. On my sub-30 run, I got three dualcasts in a row from Marche after his USb dropped. I knew it was going to be a good run and just need to not screw up, which I had done countless times before. At some point I got a 30.16 win, which was basically the equivalent of input lag - frustrating!

Speaking of which, I did my sub-30 run on emulator in work. I suspect that the faster inputs helped, since I was about a second ahead of everything that I normally do on my tablet. Something to consider for the future.

Not gonna lie, this was super, super tough to do. Between figuring out the proper sequence and the precise timing, as well as dealing with the RNG and not fat-fingering actions, this was way more work than my FFX D??? sub-30. Incredibly glad that's over, and it means I don't have to pull on the next FFT event and wait to get TGC AASB (or a better Holy AASB) later.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Imperials are almost as important as chains for 5* magicite.

Struggled against Mateus even with AASB and fire chain. Added a fire imperialer(Elena whose also a good chain builder) instead of additional DPS and I was able to sub 30.

Can't wait for Anima Lens to come out so I can round out my teams with imperials. (I really need imperials sbs for machinist)

Oct 25, 2017
Well we aren't getting the torments anymore a few times a month. It seems forever since we got a records dungeon update. But there is a ton of high end content to work on and magia farming to tackles.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well we aren't getting the torments anymore a few times a month. It seems forever since we got a records dungeon update. But there is a ton of high end content to work on and magia farming to tackles.
Yep, this is probably it. I'm currently stuck on the 5* magicities and I feel like I can't go any further until I get Rydia/Butz's Awakening, so I'm just twiddling my thumbs until the next fest arrives.

Oct 29, 2017
I actually think Rem's AASB is a bit of a disadvantage here unless your other Holy DPS is really strong as well, since Rem AASB will (?) break Ark Savage, which will severely reduce your damage overall.

Good advice on this. Sticking to her USB instead of the Awakening, I was finally able to beat it. Now just 3 more wins and I'm done with 5* Magicites except auto farming.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm glad I'm sort of just getting into 5* magicites. It gives me a mid/long term goal. Otherwise I'm not sure I would keep login in every days while waiting for the next big thing.

So far I've beat Quetz, KB, Famfrit, Madeen and Phoenix (thank you Rikku CSB + Bartz AASB!).
I'm almost done farming my Madeens and their inheritance material so I'm gonna go back to trying to beat Geosg.
I haven't tried really hard yet but I know petrify is going to be a problem. Is pBlink and Astra the only way people deal with that? If so, is there a comprehensive list of the various SBs filling that role for a magic team? Also, I find my damage to be pretty poor until I build a really bigger chain (and that's Shanttoto's so a first gen chain :/ ) even though I have OK mUSB to help. Am I missing something like a mandatory debuff? Looking at its moveset I don't see anything abvious.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Standard Geo tactic is to put your best DPS in slots 1/5, ignore the petrify, and let your two DPS units finish the fight by themselves.

Otherwise, you'll need either Astra or physical blink to deal with Stone Punch. The latter is preferable, unless you have IC Astra like Larsa USB, because he does a poison-inducing attack right before Stone Punch.

Only thing of note is that Geo uses Bar-Lightning, so you'd really like to have a source of Lightning Imperil. He doesn't go to resist like Mateus or Syldra to (unless you stall in Phase 2?), but one use will make Geo neutral to Lightning and thus reduce your SB gauge building. So bring a source of Imperil.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima thanks for the tips. As for imperil, apart from machinist abilities, there isn't much else right? I guess a dived prompto with USB should do the job then (or maybe King with USB for double cast imperil since I already dove him...).

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ShinUltima thanks for the tips. As for imperil, apart from machinist abilities, there isn't much else right? I guess a dived prompto with USB should do the job then (or maybe King with USB for double cast imperil since I already dove him...).
Prompto with USB and LM2 is a really good imperiler. I would use him instead of King, who would need much higher hones, and I think King doublecasting the 5* offering has the same imperil chance as Prompto single casting it.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally sub-30ed all D240s and D280s.

Ignis bsb and Bartz AASB, USB1 made every fight a joke.

Now I have nothing but D??? and 5* magicite left to do.

Its gonna suck when I hit the relic wall soon. I can probably handle a good amount of physical 5* magicites since I have AASB coverage for every element except dark magicite. Magic is going to be a much bigger problem. Gonna have to go crazy on the rydia AASB banner.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Said I was going to do it much later since it's one of my worst realms (and it is), but I wanted to try something and tackled the FFXII D???. And YIKES - got a clear here in a horrendous time of 1:15:15. I was literally fractions of a second away from P5 Dead End.

Vaan (LM1+LM2): R4 Storm Assault, R4 Fire Assault, Wind DMG+ (USB1/AOSB), double wind boost
Ashe (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Thundaja, R5 Vortex, Scholar's Boon (Glint/BSSB), one lightning boost
Gabranth (LMR+LM2): R5 Grand Charge, R4 Evil Swing, Swd DMG+ (USB2), double dark boost
Larsa (LM1+LM2): R3 Dispel, R3 Shellga, MM (BSSB)
Penelo (LMR+LM1): R4 Curada, R2 Hastega, Gathering Storm (BSSB2)

RW: Chain
Magicite: Madeen (L8 HP Boon/L10 Fast Cast), Ark (2 xL15 Empower Dark), Phoenix (L8 Blade/Spell Ward), Lakshmi (L20 MND Boon/L10 Dampen Dark), Quetzacoatl (2 xL15 Empower Lightning)

+100 magia on everyone (ATK on Vaan/Gabranth, MAG on Ashe, MND on LArsa/Penelo)

I tried an earlier team with Vayne (SSB/OSB/LMR) in place of Ashe, first as magic then as physical dark, as well as Holyja on Penelo. The latter didn't even make it past Phase 1 without someone dying, and the former kept getting Dead End'd in Phase 4. Necro Count works better (and I had Magia's Vayne for MAG), but I can't win before the Doom count expires, and Demon's Cross does a lot less damage.

So I went with Ashe in place of Vayne (literally my only other good XII character) and, despite having lower damage initially since I swapped out one of my Madeens for Quetz to boost Ashe, I managed to grind out a win. Third chain ran out around 55 seconds, and the last 20 seconds were a slog through Phase 5 in a race to beat Dead End. I won on the last possible turn - Zodiark did P5 T9 Incubus Darkja, and I input actions for Ashe and Gabranth right afterwards (Vortex and Evil Swing, respectively). Gabranth went first, brought the HP bar to 0, and Ashe finished the fight with Vortex. A fraction of a second slower (perhaps having two Fast Casts actually helped here?) and I would have lost.

Vaan's RM should have been dagger+ dmg. That wind DMG+ was from an earlier build.

I tried and failed to skip the paling/magic barrier. I could only scrape 68000x3 with Vaan AOSB.

This is my 9th D?? clear. Obviously my worst clear thus far, but XII is one of my worst realms, lacking modern healing, any kind of support, and mediocre damage. Vaan really needs USB2 and dualcast to go along with USB1 to really pull his weight. Ashe is pretty good. Gabranth is decent with Heavy abilities and his Brave command. Vayne is great, but he has no longevity (I have no way to En-Dark him past 25 seconds, and his best weapon kills him long before the fight is finished for me). But at least I have a 100% clear, which absolutely would not have been possible without powercreep (Madeens/5* magicite deck and magia). Gonna have to come back MUCH later when I get better gear.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Ahnez I will probably try that then. I think I have enough motes left to dive Prompto. Hopefully, replacing my 3rd dps with Imperil won't gimp my damage too much.

Current team compo would be:
Ashe USB
Shanttoto CSB/BSB
OK mUSB (entrust bot until now, but might give him some black magic instead)
Elarra USB
Prompto USB (replacing Braska USB)

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix beaten, time to farm him up. Usual clears are around 32s, unless I get lucky with dual/triple/quad casts. I found a no chain setup on reddit using Ignis and Relm and used that to success.

Quetz's Ultra imperils.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Ignis is dirt simple.

When you use his BSSB, on entry it gives ATK/RES+30% and Hastega, and gives him 2 ingredients.

In short, CMD2 gives effects and removes 1 ingredient until it hits 0. CMD1 is a 4-Hit attack that gives him back 1 ingredient.

The first time you use CMD2, it will give the target 100% Critical Chance, and removes one ingredient (starting at 2, it will now be 1).

The second time you use CMD2, it will give the target +50% critical damage and a 35% HP heal, and removes on ingredient (if starting at 1, it will now be 0).

The third time you use CMD2, it will give the target Instant Cast 1 and 40% HP heal. Ingredients will already be at 0 so it doesn't remove any more, so as long as BSSB lasts he can use his command repeatedly.

As noted, CMD1 will give back 1 ingredient. So if you want to give two characters (let's call them DPS A and DPS B) 100% critical chance, you'd use CMD2 on DPS A, CMD1, then CMD2 on DPS B. If you want to fully power-up both, you'd use CMD2 twice on DPS A, then CMD1 twice, then CMD2 twice on DPS B. That wouldn't be possible without his LMR (QC3) or external HQC, since you normally only get 5 turns under BSSB.

Anyway, Ignis is basically like having a chain without the chain effect. He is best at powering up a single DPS to max, typically (but by no means limited to) an AASB user. As noted, he can powerup two characters but you'd need his LMR or external HQC to make it feasible. Three is a no no - if you need to power up 3 people thus, you'd need the superior combo of Tyro USB4 + Elarra USB2.

In addition, on top of powering up your main DPS, Ignis can Wrath/Entrust, making him very versatile.

I personally use Ignis BSSB/LMR in my sub-30s against Syldra and Lakshmi. He powers up Squall (USB4/AOSB) in Syldra team (with Laguna CSB/USB and Sora USB/AOSB) and he powers up both Riku (USB/AOSB) and Sephiroth (USB2) in my Lakshmi team. The former is used to make sure Squall's AOSB damage during High Stakes is reasonable due to no en-element, and the latter enables me to skip the bullshit statuses.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Took out Quetz 8 times last night.
First started with

Bartz - USB -> AASB
Ingus - Chain, thorns BSB
Galuf - Imperial Earth BSB
Ignis - BSB
Elarra - USB

imperial magicite

but couldn't sub 30 because of Quetz savage. Broke it way too late with Bartz AASB.

switched to

Bartz - USB -> AASB
Ingus - Chain, thorns BSB
Tifa - OSB, AOSB
Ignis - BSB
Elarra - USB

imperial magicite

and consistently 23-29s it easily. Tifa OSB, AOSB easier made up for the lack of imperial which wasn't much since Bartz was already maxing by his 2nd or 3rd blastspell runs.

Also one thing hilarious about 5* Magicites are physical magicites only work with the magical ones and vice versa. So while going through the physical ones right now, I couldn't use any of them megaman style.

Oct 25, 2017
2 daily rainbows this week, both dupes. Good for shards if I ever pull the trigger.

Killed torment XII under 50. 7 left to kill, not sure why I haven't killed 10 and 13 yet. Been magia farming, have I believe 70 at or over 100.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My ff6 realm draw was Shadows AOSB. Now I have both of his USBs and AOSB. I still didnt try Lakshmi, but I guess Shadow is a good pick for her.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Got both a 5* and 6* at the daily draw this week after a pretty long dry spell.
- Irvine Unique (I love that feeling: Whoohoo a rainbow... oh, a unique ><)
- Cid Raines USB2. Too bad I'm done with Madeen now so it's not really useful to me (maybe for torment?). I have both of his USB now though so I wonder if they play well together. Makes me wonder too, do LM w-cast and USB2 double cast stack together?

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
- Cid Raines USB2. Too bad I'm done with Madeen now so it's not really useful to me (maybe for torment?). I have both of his USB now though so I wonder if they play well together. Makes me wonder too, do LM w-cast and USB2 double cast stack together?

Yes but remember the LM w-cast is the free one. The USB double cast (or ability double) is the one that spends two uses

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh finally set up a sub 30 auto magicite, famfrit. Sub 25. Bartz aasb just too powerful. And Rosa with wrath and usb2 works so much better in this build than aerith or elarra.

Bartz aasb lmr
Lightning USB lmr
Prompto csb lmr
Rosa usb2
Tyro usb3 lmr

Granted that is high end sbs.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
As usual, I stand on the shoulders of giants. Thanks to some guidance on Gfaqs, I was able to sub-30 VI D???. I had been stuck at 32.85 for a while, requiring what seemed like ridiculous RNG to do better. And while my sub-30 was a still a RNG-fest, at least this time the stars aligned and everything went right and probably more easily thanks to the changes made: Mastered in 29.81.

Team

Relm (LMR+LM2): R5 Holyja, R4 Curada, MM (BSSB)
Terra (LMR+LM2): R4 Chain Firaja, R4 Valigarmanda, Acestriker (USB1/AOSB), double fire boost
Locke (LMR+LM2): R1 Mug Bloodlust, R4 Fire Assault, Gathering Storm (USB1), double fire boost
Gogo (LM1+LM2): R5 Meltdown, R3 Shellga, DMT (USB), one fire boost
Kefka (LM1+LM2): R4 Necro Count, R3 Allegro Con Moto, Dark Abilitt DMG+ (no SB), double dark boost

Super Rough Turn order

Relm: Holyja, CUrada Gogo, wait until Terra gets Trance -> BSSB, RW, CMD1 x2, BSSB after Terra drops AOSB, CMD1 Terra, CMD1 Gogo or self if LAst Stand procced, CMD1 Terra before KOing
Terra: Lunar Ifrit, Lunar Ifrit if no dualcast to wipe adds else Chain Firaja, USB, Chain Firaja, Lunar Ifrit x2 regardless of adds wiping or not, AOSB, Chain Firaja spam, OSB to finish
Locke: RW, Mug Bloodlust, Fire Assault after Trance, Magicite, Mug Bloodlust, USB, Fire Assault spam, USB1, Fire Assault SPam
Gogo: USB, Shellga, Meltdown, Brave after either Chain Firaja or Lunar Ifrit is cued up, USB before final DPS push, Meltdown spam, Brave after Chain Firaja is dued, Meltdown spam
Kekfa: ACM, Necro Count x2, ACM, Necro COunt x2, ACM, Necro Count spam

This fight, at least with regards to sub-30, is very similar to Jenova for me - basically, the idea is to build up in Phase 1/2, then blast right through Phase 3/4/5 in one shot. Phase 3 needs to skipped entirely to avoid the second Sleep, which is a run killer. Wrexsoul needs to have less than 40% when P3 Incubus Flarestar hits, and in order do that, there needs to be a damage push immediately after his turn in Phase 2 after getting rid of the Soul Savers a second time (in my winning run, it was after P2 T7 Flare Star). He cues up P2 T8 Ultimate Thundaga while I blast him to low in Phase 3, he does Ultimate Thundaga then cues up P3 T1 Incubus Flarestar and I push him to Phase 4, after which he cues up P4 T1 Incubus Poltergeist and I'm safe from the sleep.

The first bit of RNG in this fight was getting to the right spot with the right amount of gauge, i.e. once Terra has AOSB and as close to 60% left as possible without going over. Even when I did it, I then had to deal with the second bit of RNG - dealing enough damage to finish before he kills me with near back-to-back-to-back AoEs. Relm BSSB is really not suited for this fight, being not only non-IC but also only CUra level (which I completely forgot), which barely gives back 4500 on entry even with Lakshmi in my deck. While not intended, you actually have to stall every so slightly in Phase 4 to at least get hit by Osmose which is a free turn, then damage push all the way to the end and eat Incubus Poltergeist and Incubus Flare Star along the way. Either he's dead by that point or you are.

Getting this sub-30 was rather expensive, resource-wise - not only getting R4 Lunar Ifrit (I would have gotten this at some point anyway), but also LDing Kefka with just BSSB1. And this is actually my third version of this team - before, I used LD Mog (USB/BSSB/LMR) and LD Shadow (BSSB) - couldn't win with MOg, but got the 32.85 win with Shadow, at least. But I've resigned myself to doing yolo dives for Torments at this point, so it's fine. I don't think Kefka helped with RNG early too much but he definitely helped at the end with more consistent damage than Shadow and not having to worry about maintaining blinks.

That's 6 D??? sub-30s. XI is a possibility but more resource-heavy than I'd prefer (R5 Lunatic Thunder) right now. It's currently 33.XX. XV is currently low 40s and I know I can bring down further, possibly sub-30, but I think I'll come back later. Next two are likely XIV and IX. We'll see how those go before I decide who's next.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got some time to play. Need to finish off holy and dark magicites. Finish my decks. And then work on torments. I've got V as my sole sub30. But I know I'm stacked in 6-8 when I get the chance, XIV looks good, and maybe XV and tactics when I do some magia farming

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Got around to tackling XIV D???. While supposedly the easiest of the D???s, I had a bitching time making to the end with my tech. I finally managed to win in a not-bad time of 36.15.

Team

Minfillia (LM2+LMR): R5 Healing Smite, R1 Memento of Prayer, DMT (SSB), major fire resist + minour earth resist
Alphinaud (LM1+LM2): R4 Lunar Ifrit, R2 Hastega, Acestriker (SSB/BSSB/Glint), one fire boost, fire/earth resist
Papalymo (LM2+LMR): R4 Chain Firaja, Gathering Storm (BSSB), double fire boost, fire/earth resist
Y'Shtola (LM1+LM2) R4 Curada, R3 Shellga, MM (BSSB), major earth resist
Cid (LM1+LM2): R3 Burnt Offering, R3 Fire Tempest, DMG+ RM (USB), double fire boost, fire/earth resist

RW: Chain
Magicites: Belias (L15 Empower Fire x2), Famfrit (L15 Res Boon, L10 Dampen Fire), Famrit (L8 Blade Ward, L8 HP Boon), Madeen x2 (L20 Mag Boon + L20 Atk Boon, L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Cast)

+100 magia on everyone (ATK on CId/Min, MAg on Papa/Alph, MND on Y'sh).

Very rough turn order:

Minfillia: Chain, SSB, Memento of Prayer, Healing Smite spam, refresh chain, SSB, Healing Smite spam
Alphinaud: Hastega, Luna IFrit x3, SSB, Luna Ifrit x3, Hastega, Glint, BSSB
Papalymo: Chain Firaja x3, magicite, BSSB, Chain Firaja x5, BSSB, CMD1 spam
Y'Shtola: BSSB, Shellga, CMD1 to Alphinaud, CMD1 to whoever needs it, BSSB2, CMD1 to whoever needs it
Cid: Burnt Offering x3, USB, Burnt Offering x3, USB, Fire Tempest spam

Even with following AI, stupid slow me took a while to realise that SAp (Eye of the Storm) is not an issue after P1 Turn 4, so Min's turns were to drop chain, SSB for Last Stand (absolutely required for me), Memento, then Healing Smite spam, refreshing chain and Last Stand when appropriate.

Alphinaud was simple: Hastega and spam summons. SSB when ready, more summon spam. I refreshed Hastega since I wasn't sure how long it would last, then finished off with Glint and BSSB. I was prepared to do BSSB CMD1 spam, but thankfully I won before it came to that. I wasn't geared for wind damage so I don't know how well it would have worked. Ultima Weapon was down to Count of 2 when I won.

Pap was also simple: CHain FIraja spam, stopping only to cast magicite, BSSB, Chain Firaja spam, refresh BSSB, CMD1 spam to finish (9999x6 at high chain count), pray for doublecasts.

Y'shtola was by far the most turn intensive and what made this fight difficult to get far in. I actually had to look at the AI to see who was getting nailed on what turn ahead of time and use her CMD1 appropriately. I had time time BSSB refresh basically right as someone would lost Last Stand (somewhere in Phase 2) then use the Stone Skin to tank P3 Incubus Tank Purge. Heal up, DPS, then hope I can withstand P4 Incubus Tank Purge. In my run, Y'Shtola bit it after this, but it was enough to get to P5 and DPS to finish.

CId just did Burnt Offering, USB, spam Offerings until it finished, refreshed USB, then finished with Snipes. Awesome damage at the end.

So as noted, the problem here was dealing with incoming damage in general, and then making sure I was healthy enough to deal with INcubus Tank Purges. I don't have any debuffs - I tried running Min's BSSB1 that I got from recent XIV realm draw, but by the time I got to use the debuff commands, someone was KOed, so I stuck to SSB only - which means Incubus Tank Purge does upwards of 6500 damage. The basic strategy was to Stone Skin the first one, heal and maybe Last Stand tank the second, then DPS to the end. Only got it once.

This is my 11th D??? clear. I wasn't comfortable with this one and I doubt I can shave 6 seconds off with what I have, so I'll leave this one for now. I'm good.

IX is most likely next. Dunno I can stand to do another one of these today though. I already spent an hour on VI (after 4+ hours yesterday) and 3.5 hours on XIV.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work there shin!

I've killed 4 more madeens, now at 8 and I'm done with adamantoise, thank God. Can't kill the dark mag yet, only wol csb. Will try ark nlater.