• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Getting Enna Kros and Tama and their relics this way is most hopeful, since it means that furture characters/relics tied to collabs that won't come to Global can still potentially arrive via similar means.

As for the chain select, I'm pretty sure it will be similar to the recent JPN chain select, in that it will have mainly gen 1 chains for physical/magic characters and only fill in gen 2 for gaps (i.e. mage water/earth/wind/holy, so Strago/Red XIII/Alphinaud/Edward). If that's the case, I'm leaning heavily towards picking up Alphinaud's.

Oct 25, 2017
Tyro lmr dupe on daily. Three dupes in a week.

If I can snag Edwards csb via dream that would be outstanding. None of the 1.0s are needed by me or are dupes. Holy 2.0 is something I'm desperate for.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
5* Phoenix is such a crazy fight.

His DPS is insane. I basically had to keep Elarra USB ready at all time. His main downfall is that he attack way too much which mean free SBs. I was able to use Elarra USB every turn after the first turn with Lionheart RM and Wraith/Entrust Tyro.

Got a consistent sub 25 team.

Tidus (Chain, USB) (Water Boost RM)
Elarra (USB) (Lionheart RM)
Bartz (USB, AABB) (Sword RM)
Ignis (BSB) (MM)
Tyro (Godwall) (MM)

Pretty simple but intense since he can kill you in 2s. Would be super easy with wait mode.

5/6 Physical Elemental Magicites (All sub 30ed with 2 L99 magicites ). Last one left is Syldra, which from what I hear is the hardest. I might try and complete my first magical magicite, ICE, first since my magical fire game is pretty good.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Lakshmi first kill after a bit of tweaking. Auto sub30 to boot!

TGCid USB TGM
Shadow USB DMT
Seph. ASB/USB2
Rosa USB2 ace striker
Seifer CSB MM

Had some good RNG with Cid and Seph but it should still be a comfy kill.

Still gotta do dark and the turtle.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Downed the FFXII torment d??? this weekend in 56 seconds for my first d??? mastery.

Now that 5* Magicites are all done, I guess I should focus my efforts on clearing out these d??? torments.

Would like to clear FFV torment, but Lenna is such a bad healer...

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ultra7k:

If your DPS is strong enough, you can actually beat D??? Greg with no healer SBs.

If you happen to have an in-realm chain, you also have the option of forgoing the realm chain RW and using the healing RW.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
ultra7k:

If your DPS is strong enough, you can actually beat D??? Greg with no healer SBs.

If you happen to have an in-realm chain, you also have the option of forgoing the realm chain RW and using the healing RW.

Ugh good point, Lenna's healing is so sub-par, I'm gonna try that. I do have Krile CSB so that'll be the option. Elements are all over the place though.

Hmm, theory crafting time...

Krile (BSB, CSB)
Bartz (AASB, USB1)
Faris (USB2) entrust bot to Bartz
Dorgann (BSB) off heals with Healing Smite
Galuf (Boostga USB, also have crit fix ssb, and others)

I can never remember, is it better to go AASB ->USB1 or USB1 -> AASB?

Will have to try and see if this is viable.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Ark down.

c50c855fbea18cc3c1d7f4b2c3d60cae.png

That just leaves wind and earth magicites.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

My first 6* on the daily in 122 days - Rosa USB1... and it's not only a dupe, it's a dupe of the last 6* I got on the daily. Which was also a dupe.

Sure it's free, but holy shit this is a massive troll.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

My first 6* on the daily in 122 days - Rosa USB1... and it's not only a dupe, it's a dupe of the last 6* I got on the daily. Which was also a dupe.

Sure it's free, but holy shit this is a massive troll.

This game sure has some funny RNG....got some worthless 5* with no SB yesterday, and ended up pulling Y'Shtola's glint today, and this was probably after a solid month of no 5*s.

Mastered the FFT??? in 50s. Probably room for improvement though as I wasn't picking the right moves a lot of the time.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Sheesh. The Type-0 D??? was rougher than I was expecting, but finally got a mastery clear in 56.37.

Rem (LM1+LM2): R5 Holyja, R2 Hastega, MM (BSSB/OSB), double holy boost, fire/earth resist
Sice (LM1+LM2):, R3 Memento MOri, R4 Dire Heal, Dark Ability DMG+ (BSSB), double dark boost, fire/earth resist
King (LM1+LM2):, R4 Tempest Snipe, R3 Spark Offering, Scholar's Boon (USB), double lightning boost, fire/earth resist
Deuce (LM1+LM2): R3 Shellga, R4 Curada, Gathering Storm (BSSB/USB1), fire/wind resist
Machina (LM1+LM2): R4 Tremor Assault, R4 Blastspell Strike, Swd DMG+ (USB), double earth boost,earth/holy resist

RW: Realm chain
Magicite: Lakshmi (L20 MND Boon/10 Dampen Dark), Famfrit (L8 Blade Ward/L8 HP Boon), Phoenix (L8 Spell Ward/L8 Blade Ward), Madeen x2 (L20 ATK + L20 Mag Boon, L8 HP Boon + L10 Fast Cast)

I can't even list a decent turn order since it's rather chaotic and I was partially playing by ear. But roughly:

Rem: Hastega -> BSSB -> spam Holyja, time Hastega after P1 Dispel, OSB to help get past Phase 3 faster, refresh BSSB, more Holyja spam, OSBs at the end.

Sice: MM -> Dire Heal spam. In my winning ruin, I actually don't use her BSSB until late in the fight, after the Dispel in P4 that I can't skip. I ran out of hones with her and had to resort to using her BSSB CMD1 at the end.

King: Offering, chain, offering x3, magicite, USB, Tempest Snipe, drop USB near end of chain, refresh chain, Tempest Snipe, USB, magicite, then whatever to finish.

Deuce: Shellga, Curada x4, BSSB, Curada, Shellga after P2 Dispel, drop USB1 before P3 Incubus Ultima if party not near full HP, otherwise wait until after P3 T3 Death to use USB1, BSSB CMD1 to spot heal anyone too low, time Shellga after P4 Dispel, otherwise Curada, USB1 before P5 T2 INcubus Ultima, Curada aimed at Rem or Machina

Machina: Blastspell Strike x3, USB, Tremor Assault spam, refresh chain, Tremor Assault spam, USB to help skip Phase 3, Tremor Assault spam, USB to finish.

These turns aren't remotely set in stone, especially not near the end. Who refreshed chain depended on who couldn't fit in another damaging action before chain ran out. Speaking of which, I ran out of third chain around 50 seconds and had to grind out the last 150,000 or so HP without. I think I won after P5 T8 Ultimate Quake, before Incubus Ultima (though I had fired off one last Deuce USB so I would have survived it), so cutting it rather close.

I could probably speed this up by swapping Ace (BSSB/OSB) for Sice, since she not only ran out of hones, she was barely doing damage throughout. But having beaten this, I'm in no hurry to revisit it again without better gear. I'm good for now.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Got Ramza Holy USB from the daily. Now he won't feel as bare bones (just had Shout before that...)

Also, killed Manticore on the first try in ~25s. Terra AASB + Vincent CSB made short work of it.

Still trying to figure out Geos, I feel really short on DPS and without Astra I can't survive a 30sec fight with the petrify.
I may just keep this one for later and try my hand at Mateus for Blade Ward farming but that doesn't look good either.
I have Rikku CSB (not the right type but with OK mUSB it should be ok for buffing) but for DPS I only have Gogo BSB, Meia BSB and Strago OSB+W-Cast LMR... Not really sure I even want to try with that :D

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Planning on 1, maybe 2, pulls today depending on how it goes, then saving for the next fest. Lots of good stuff I could use on Banner 1 of this event.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wave 2 artifacts can't come soon enough.

I have one magical +wind weapon and one magical +water weapon.

edit: Did a few realm draws, and I think its enough for now.

III: OK glint, Ingus BSB1 dupe
IV: Decil USB (!)
V: Xezat USB dupe, Faris LMR
VI: Shadow AOSB
VII: Yuffie USB1, Elena BSB
IX: Kuja OSB, Vivi LMR1
X: Jecht USB1, Braska USB
XI: Ayame USB
XII: Reks USB, Vayne OSB, Vaan glint dupe
XV: Iris BSB dupe

A lot of new stuff, and Decil USB is great. Its probably a good idea to get Demon Cross for him. I also have Golbez USB2, but the 6* magic Darkness doesn't look that great with it. Double or triple-casting something that reduces your doom count sounds a little too dangerous, but idk

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Man, had FF7 D??? down to 1 more good hit and it would have been over, but nope. Had to do that stupid ultima move on me.

Sigh.

Edit: went back and did it again, D??? down in 33 seconds....would have been sub 30 i think if I'd hit AOSB for Sephiroth instead of re-casting his USB...Guess I'll do it again lol.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
4/11
TGC Woke
TGC Glint
Ramza Arcane
Ramza Glint

Not bad. Ramza is on my holy team already to buff, so it's nice to have an option for his extra meter now.

TGC missing Arcane, but I don't consider that terribly important... I just liked having him complete. Does ability double stack with Woke dual cast? Since it doesn't spend an ability use, I'm guessing not? Trying to understand if it's worth having both Ultra and Woke active simultaneously.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
4/11
TGC Woke
TGC Glint
Ramza Arcane
Ramza Glint

Not bad. Ramza is on my holy team already to buff, so it's nice to have an option for his extra meter now.

TGC missing Arcane, but I don't consider that terribly important... I just liked having him complete. Does ability double stack with Woke dual cast? Since it doesn't spend an ability use, I'm guessing not? Trying to understand if it's worth having both Ultra and Woke active simultaneously.
Awakening double cast and ability double don't stack.

TGC awakening is so strong, I don't think there's a reason to use his usb. The only thing you would gain is the atk+50% from his EX mode, as everything else is also granted by his awakening.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mentral Atrophy:

Ability Double and Awakening do not stack. As you rightly surmised, Ability Double requires two hones to activate, so will not work with anything that makes hones infinite (Bursts and Awakenings).

100% dualcast (e.g. D.Cecil USB) and Awakening, however, do stack, sicne 100% dualcast doesn't consume hones.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks, Ahnez and ShinUltima. What are the thoughts on his Glint? I guess its usefulness depends on how close to capping you are with his 100% critrate already.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whats in the next fest banners?
Fest banners almost never are the same as JP, but those were the banners

edit
Thanks, Ahnez and ShinUltima. What are the thoughts on his Glint? I guess its usefulness depends on how close to capping you are with his 100% critrate already.
I've not seen the math on it, but I guess its worth using if you're not capping. +50% damage is equivalent to an en-element.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017

That was rough, I don't understand DeNa's obsession with making the wind magicite the hardest ones.

i shamelessly stole the strategy from Reddit.

Sora - Snowspell, Protectga, Bsb, Aasb
Celes - Snowspell, Shellga, Csb, Aosb
Ignis - Wrath, Entrust, Bsb
Elarra - Dispel, Curada, Usb1
Laguna - Icy Offering, Freezing snipe, usb1

Turn order is

Sora - Pro, SSS x2, Bsb, Aasb, cmd1, cmd2 on repeat
Celes - Shell, SSS, Csb, Magicite, SSS x2, Aosb
Ignis - bsb, cmd2 Sora x2, entrust Sora, entrust Elarra, cmd2 Sora
Elarra - Usb after first attack, dispel, curada and usb as needed.
Laguna - RW wall, Icy offering and usb when ready. Can use freezing snipe if imperil gets high enough.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically stuck between 61 and 79 on torments 1-3 13 and 15. 11 I'm waiting for that 1000 gem pack and then can kill it.

Need to figure out what relics I can get from the anima lens shop vs the dream selections.

Like anima lens will get me noctis ssb and promptos USB and an lmr. I think out of the gates. But things like josefs USB is not an option. Hmm.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all 6 elemental phisyical weak Magicites.

My magic teams are much weaker than my physical team (hopefully fest banner 1 will change this) but I can finally use 5* magicite against them.

Or

I can finally start building my dark magicite deck. God I hate hades.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not pulling on FFT, it's the only Torment I've fully completed (sub-30 D???) so no need. Good relics though.

How recent does the Dream Select selections go? I want Onion Knight USB and Sephiroth double cast LMR, hopefully they're not too new to be included.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I finally finished my arbitrary goal of 3* diving every character.

Btw, is Necro Countdown good for Golbez with USB2? The doublecasts are kind of a concern with the doom timer reduction

Oct 25, 2017
No Ed chain no pull. USB and lmr pullledm Zell bob basch usb 1, 2 dupe 6s and a dupe 5, two are + elem which is ok. Glints I have most of and none will help, Bsbs likewise seem unhelpful

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted in a bit since real life's kept me very busy lately, but need help on deciding what to select for the Chain select between Snow, Garland or Seymour. This will be a bit long but I hit a complete wall with Syldra which has kinda killed the game for me the last couple months so this is kind of a big deal for me.

5* Lightning, Water, Fire and Ice Magicites are all fully cleared and farmed to min/max levels, so those are a complete non-consideration, spent like a month playing nothing but the game pretty much to catch up to that point. I have Zack and Alph Wind Chains so I'm not worried about the 5* Earth magicite (or at least the chain part of it).

Syldra however was a *complete* and total wall for me as my only ice chain is Rinoa, and she's completely useless for this fight otherwise. Got help/recommendations in the discord to try to clear Syldra with what I have and nada, and virtually every clear I could find anywhere online using Rinoa's Chain also used a decked out Sora for it so that does me no good. This was a significant bummer for me and I've barely been even burning stamina/clearing events for the last month or two as a result.

On the other hand I haven't also attempt the Holy/Dark magicites yet really, was planning on making my way around the wheel. I've got WoL's Holy chain for my only holy chain but there's no MAG/MND Holy chain on this so that's a moot point there. However as a counterpoint to me looking at Snow, I have *no* Dark chains (only element I still don't have one in), but I'm not sure if my dark options are good enough to maybe carry me without needing one.

For my physical ice options/team where I'm considering Snow, I've got:
  • Celes (dived) w/enIce LMR, w-spellblade LMR, 100% Crit Glint, BSB2 and USB
  • Laguna (dived) w/imperil USB
  • Squall (dived) w/Ice Glint, BSB2 and USB1/2
  • Either OK with pUSB BSB or Ignis BSB (I tried both) and I have most of the top healer options (Aerith USB2, Elarra USB, Rosa USB, etc etc)
If anyone's got any big pro tips on some combination of these folks + Rinoa Chain I'm all ears but I tried a bunch of stuff, looked online and tried the discord and got advice but nothing that got me below like 40%, Slydra's damage output is just nuts. It's worth noting maybe that I *do* have Snow's Haste/instacast LMR (but nothing else relevant)

However on the other hand, I have NO dark chains. But I also haven't really given the Holy magicites a go so I'm not sure if I might able to swing them without having dark chains.

At a quick glance my top few physical dark options are:
  • Sephiroth (dived) w/enDark LMR, AOSB and AASB
  • Garland w/USB
  • Shadow w/BSB and USB
  • Cloud w/dark Glint and Dark AOSB
  • Gabranth w/BSB and USB
  • TGC (dived) w/USB
And for magic dark:
  • Cloud of Darkness w/Dark/Radiant Shield BSB
  • Golbez w/BSB/USB
  • ExDeath w/BSB/USB/Brave
  • Kuja (dived) w/BSB, OSB,USB, Brave
  • Raines (dived) w/BSB, OSB, USB
  • Nabaat (dived) w/BSB, USB
So without having done the holy/dark magicites I'm not sure if I can wing the dark ones without having a chain or not. I'm more concerned about Madeens for across the board decks, and a dived Nabaat w/BSB and USB is an imperil machine so I'm thinking/hoping I could maybe clear Madeen without a chain, which would free me up to grab Snow's chain (which is a sad dream to have) so I could get Slydra done. Syldra is important generally speaking for all decks because of MAG boon, but so is Madeen.

Any thoughts/ideas? Assume 6* abilities/hones etc aren't a concern. Would really appreciate any advice here. I'm sort of leaning towards Snow even though I feel like that's maybe the worst of the two choices on paper since Madeen is used in all decks pretty much, but Syldra being a wall is driving me nuts AND MAG Boon is still obviously important as well. Also I'm not sure if I'm planning on doing the USB Select, but I'm more than willing to grab a specific relic there if one would help tip the scales or flesh out something I'm missing anywhere above).

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Syldra I don't have much advise except that Laguna is a huge help with his imperils. The only other thing is that once you get to High Stakes mode you almost need Aosb's to end the fight as quick as possible. Trying to deal with the damage output after that point is near impossible.

For Madeen/Lakshmi even without chains you should be able to do some damage with Sephiroth aasb.

Lakshmi I would probably go with something like.

Ignis
Sephiroth
TGC
Nabaat for imperils
Aerith or Elarra

Have Ignis fully power up Seph and let his Aasb do work.

Madeen I would go with

Seph with Momento Mori and Necro Countdown
Raines for bsb mag boost on entry
Nabaat
Another faithga, whoever is your best
Healer of choice

Gear Seph for as much mag as you can and his aasb can still destroy. He needs at least 3 mag boosts but can do significant damage. Just know that this isn't a strategy for a protracted fight, if you're not winning in about 45 seconds you're done for.

Without a chain it'll be a lot harder but you have enough dark tech that you should be able to put up a decent fight.

Oct 29, 2017
Selected Locke chain, Onion Knight USB3, Quistis w-cast LMR, Terra Glint, and Meia BSB.

Got Kain ASB, Arc Brave USB, Rikku USB2, some other unremarkable stuff from the draws themselves.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Did the USB select since no Alph chain on chain select. Got Emperor LMR2 (En-Earth) and Sice USB, both new. Not bad. Will pick Zidane USB2 on last day of selection unless I get it from the daily beforehand.

Speaking of the daily, I've been getting trolled of late: After going 27 days without a hit, my longest stretch, I've gotten 4 hits in the last 7 days. But 3 of them have been dupes. Worse, one of the dupes was the 6* - Rosa USB1 - which was not only a dupe of the last 6* I got on the daily 122 days prior, but that was also a dupe (have a 6++ now I guess; good MND weapon for Torment).

MrDaravon:

Seymour chain would guarantee a sub-30 against MAdeen/Lakshmi with your dark tech. It should be noted that Madeen is the most important 5* magicite to farm. Lakshmi is also very useful, both as a replacement for Unicorn (when you need Astra) and as a replacement for Siren (to boost your healer/healers, which will actually become more important going forward). You could probably beat them without a chain, but I guarantee you that Lakshmi will piss you off (hell, she might piss you off with Seymour chain, but you have a better chance to skip the statuses with a chain). Madeen isn't too bad though. You should try them without dark chain and see how you fare first.

The problem is, without AOSBs, Snow chain isn't going to help much against Syldra. You say you can't get below 40% - the fight doesn't start until she reaches 40% and High Stakes kicks in. That's when she starts slamming you with Savage Thunderbolt (AoE 75% Max HP), stacks imperils and then drops piercing wind attacks for 6000+ that ignore magic blinks. The damage before that is mild in comparison. If you don't have Last Stand you won't last longer than 3 turns after HIgh Stakes, tops, assuming you heal right after Savage Thunderbolt, and even IF you have Last Stand, Syldra attacks so fast that a single healer will get overwhelmed even with entrusts.

If you had Snow's USB (ice radiant), it would have been a consideration. That and/or his Last Stand BSSB, though running CSB/USB1/BSSB1 would be tough without entrusts.

Do note that there are... unconventional methods to beating SYldra that you can try, like a semi-Radiant Shield strat (use Alphinaud SSB, three Last Stand healers, and Squall w/ BSSB to chip away), but that's a 30+ minute fight and one screwup late means you have to start over, so I persomally don't recommend it but it IS an option.

Otherwise, for your sanity I'd recommend getting Seymour chain and beating the Holy magicites to continue progress, at least, and come back for Syldra later when you have better ice tech (either a gen 2 ice chain, physical ice AASBs/AOSBs, or preferably both). If all else fails, we'll be a getting a free ice chain in about 4 months and it's on Fran, who is a much better character to hold the chain than Snow. The only fight you need Syldra for is Adamantoise, which is a low priority magicite (though not as low priority as Hecatoncheir). Yes, the L20 Mag Boon is important, but you can get by on a Madeen with 2 xL15 Mag Boon for now and get most of the same benefit.

BTW, have you fought Typhon? While a total DPS race, that one's a lot less of a pain than Syldra (Rinoa chain is a great help; basically chain + 2 good DPS + OK muSB + Elarra is sufficient to win). A MAdeen with 2 x L20 Atk Boon will definitely help against Syldra, regardless.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Did the USB select since no Alph chain on chain select. Got Emperor LMR2 (En-Earth) and Sice USB, both new. Not bad. Will pick Zidane USB2 on last day of selection unless I get it from the daily beforehand.

Speaking of the daily, I've been getting trolled of late: After going 27 days without a hit, my longest stretch, I've gotten 4 hits in the last 7 days. But 3 of them have been dupes. Worse, one of the dupes was the 6* - Rosa USB1 - which was not only a dupe of the last 6* I got on the daily 122 days prior, but that was also a dupe (have a 6++ now I guess; good MND weapon for Torment).

MrDaravon:

Seymour chain would guarantee a sub-30 against MAdeen/Lakshmi with your dark tech. It should be noted that Madeen is the most important 5* magicite to farm. Lakshmi is also very useful, both as a replacement for Unicorn (when you need Astra) and as a replacement for Siren (to boost your healer/healers, which will actually become more important going forward). You could probably beat them without a chain, but I guarantee you that Lakshmi will piss you off (hell, she might piss you off with Seymour chain, but you have a better chance to skip the statuses with a chain). Madeen isn't too bad though. You should try them without dark chain and see how you fare first.

The problem is, without AOSBs, Snow chain isn't going to help much against Syldra. You say you can't get below 40% - the fight doesn't start until she reaches 40% and High Stakes kicks in. That's when she starts slamming you with Savage Thunderbolt (AoE 75% Max HP), stacks imperils and then drops piercing wind attacks for 6000+ that ignore magic blinks. The damage before that is mild in comparison. If you don't have Last Stand you won't last longer than 3 turns after HIgh Stakes, tops, assuming you heal right after Savage Thunderbolt, and even IF you have Last Stand, Syldra attacks so fast that a single healer will get overwhelmed even with entrusts.

If you had Snow's USB (ice radiant), it would have been a consideration. That and/or his Last Stand BSSB, though running CSB/USB1/BSSB1 would be tough without entrusts.

Do note that there are... unconventional methods to beating SYldra that you can try, like a semi-Radiant Shield strat (use Alphinaud SSB, three Last Stand healers, and Squall w/ BSSB to chip away), but that's a 30+ minute fight and one screwup late means you have to start over, so I persomally don't recommend it but it IS an option.

Otherwise, for your sanity I'd recommend getting Seymour chain and beating the Holy magicites to continue progress, at least, and come back for Syldra later when you have better ice tech (either a gen 2 ice chain, physical ice AASBs/AOSBs, or preferably both). If all else fails, we'll be a getting a free ice chain in about 4 months and it's on Fran, who is a much better character to hold the chain than Snow. The only fight you need Syldra for is Adamantoise, which is a low priority magicite (though not as low priority as Hecatoncheir). Yes, the L20 Mag Boon is important, but you can get by on a Madeen with 2 xL15 Mag Boon for now and get most of the same benefit.

BTW, have you fought Typhon? While a total DPS race, that one's a lot less of a pain than Syldra (Rinoa chain is a great help; basically chain + 2 good DPS + OK muSB + Elarra is sufficient to win). A MAdeen with 2 x L20 Atk Boon will definitely help against Syldra, regardless.

Yeah, I kind of figured that ultimately making sure I can clear Madeen is more practically important but it still kills me lol.

I'll give Madeen/Lakshmi a go and see what happens. I remember that I DID try Madeen once, but even geared with the best MAG stuff I have Seph was not doing great damage at all with his AASB, like ~6k a hit on his abilities. I may have been doing something wrong though for sure, and that was also before I got Nabaat's USB and w-cast darkness LMR which is probably going to be an enormous help.

Unfortunately in regards to Syldra my only Ice AOSB is Firion's which I just got and yeahhhhhhh. I mean I do also have his w-samurai LMR but that's it, and I can't imagine it's worth slotting him in over Laguna/Squall just for that. I am 100% willing to grab Snow's BSB or USB off those Selects if that would get the job done though.

Edit: I didn't do the selections yet but I went ahead and pulled on the USB/Chain selects hoping to maybe get lucky, all dupes except Seymour's USB (his Dark chase USB if he has more than one, not sure if he does) so that's a nice +dark weapon and maybe also makes a better case for picking his Chain potentially.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give Madeen/Lakshmi a go and see what happens. I remember that I DID try Madeen once, but even geared with the best MAG stuff I have Seph was not doing great damage at all with his AASB, like ~6k a hit on his abilities. I may have been doing something wrong though for sure, and that was also before I got Nabaat's USB and w-cast darkness LMR which is probably going to be an enormous help.

Even geared for magic Seph will still need a lot of buffs to play Dark Mage. I needed 3 different mag buffs to get Riku doing consistently over 10k. Go ahead an get Seymour's chain and save yourself a bit of trouble.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

If you had Firion USB2, then things would be different. Firion USB2/AOSB/LMR, Squall USB2, Laguna USB1, SNow CSB/BSSB and Elarra USB is definitely worth considering.

As for Seph, aside from multiple MAG buffs and imperils, you're probably going to want to put 100 magia into his MAG and give him the III magic dagger artifact to make running him as a mage worthwhile, regardless of whether you pick Seymour chain or not.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I think I need to try to tackle the 5* dark magicites (I have WoL's holy chain at least) first to see if I can clear them for some magicites to help with Madeen/Lakshmi first. My single 4* dark magicites aren't helping at all really against Madeen, I really need something better (and/or chain). That said at max imperil, Dark+1 to team (Hades) and two MAG buffs (OK mUSB and Raines BSB) Seph with enDark AND the FFIII MAG dagger is doing like ~8200 a hit on Necrofear under AASB lol. I tried a few different variations of this team, let's say I grab Seymour's chain who do I swap in/out?

9R4V6Ki.png

My other notable Dark magic user is Kuja with his imperil BSB, OSB, USB and Brave (and dived).

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone have and use onions usb3? I have his pusb and musb and lmr, do not have his aosb. Hard to juggle? I'm not good at alternating sbs without premature or wearing off early. I think it would be down on the want list.

Now thinking:.
Lmr minwu
USB ignis
1000 gem thing on 2
Lens release
Ssb noctis
USB alphinaud

But I may splurge on 2-3 artifacts this week before making the decision on the USB selection.

Oct 30, 2017
So anyone have and use onions usb3? I have his pusb and musb and lmr, do not have his aosb. Hard to juggle? I'm not good at alternating sbs without premature or wearing off early. I think it would be down on the want list.
I have all three USB and have a very hard time mixing it with mUSB. I either need to recast haste or there's just not enough meter. It's pretty good, though. Until I got more specialists, he was an excellent fill. I would not spend $30 on it if you're considering it for gem select, though.

Last edited: