• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Finished my Blade/Spell ward Phoenix. Leveling 5*s to 99 takes waay too long ugh

Also, how do you get past Typhon phase 1? I think I have the right tech for it, but I can't get everything started fast enough.

I'm using OK mUSB/LMR, Elarra USB, Edea USB2, Rinoa CSB/USB1/LMR, Lulu USB1.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
So anyone have and use onions usb3? I have his pusb and musb and lmr, do not have his aosb. Hard to juggle? I'm not good at alternating sbs without premature or wearing off early. I think it would be down on the want list.

Now thinking:.
Lmr minwu
USB ignis
1000 gem thing on 2
Lens release
Ssb noctis
USB alphinaud

But I may splurge on 2-3 artifacts this week before making the decision on the USB selection.
The only team I am using Onion's USB3 in is Belial. I just barely can start with his mUSB, get enough SB to use USB3 and recast mUSB with the help of Elarra USB quickcasts and putting Chain Waterja on him. It is a tight window, but it was enough to get me my Belials and get out.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Only missing element without a chain was dark so I picked up Garland's because I have two LMRs for him and his USB2?, so he would be more useful than Seymour. Every chain is better than none at all. Furthermore upcoming banners with dark chains aren't that good for me. :/

With that I finally defeated Madeen. I'm certain I could've done it before but it would've been a >30s clear.

bRDqe5A
screenshot_20190526-28oke2.jpg

screenshot_20190526-25wkga.jpg

eBlWRdr

OK: mUSB -> Wrath and Entrust to Garland -> Entrustbot for Elarra
Riku: MM -> Necro Countdown until his AASB is ready -> then spam Necro Countdown
Golbez: MM -> DZ -> USB - DZ spam
Garland: Fabula Raider -> ability spam until chain is ready -> magicite -> ability spam
Elarra: Shellga -> USB -> AcM -> and then it's situational between AcM and USB

I skip Mighty Guard with this. Garland trances after Madeen's 2nd attack, giving him extra quickcast. Riku's AASB is unleashed right after I set up the chain so I don't lose to much time there.

Oh before I did this with Evrae instead of Madeen.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Finished my Blade/Spell ward Phoenix. Leveling 5*s to 99 takes waay too long ugh

Seriously. I'm also trying to get my Phoenix up for a general defensive Magicite and it's just glacial progress. I'll probably just plunk down a bunch of Major Arcana to finish it off, but that won't be feasible for all the other Magicite still left to get and level (not including the absurd amounts for 6*'s).

And who's bright idea was it to make all arcana cost the same? A Greater Arcana gives 1/5 the exp of a Major, so it should cost 1/5, too.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Well I tried Deathgaze to see if I could get him down for some magicite to help with Madeen, and nooooope lol. He does negligible damage, but Doom is obviously the problem. I also tried the Ramza instacast Affliction Break thing which hilariously does work, but I just wind up running out of hones etc once he's down to like half health. WoL being my holy chain holder is holding me back, I really wish I had Ramza's chain :/. I've got TGC with w-cast and USB, Agrias with like everything except AOSB (so all of her imperil stuff), Ramza with BSB2 and Marche with w-cast and USB. Having to bring WoL means I basically have to choose between Agrias and Marche (Ramza, TGC, WoL and healer are locks) and trying it both ways neither got it done.

So I need a better chain and/or some holy magicite to help, but I was hoping for dark magicite to help with Madeen.....

I'm probably just gonna grab Seymour's chain and be done with it I guess.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon: RE Madeen

Assuming you got Seymour's chain, drop OK for Seymour and, frankly, drop Sephiroth for Kuja. THere's no reason to jump through hoops getting dark mage Sephiroth to work when you have a perfectly fine Kuja to use. Under chain, Kuja and Raines will chew through Madeen's HP like nothing.

In addition, you might not want to be breaking cap against Madeen, because while she does more damage, MAdeen is slooooooow during her Savage, so much so that I recommend never breaking Savage if you can withstand the damage. You just have to watch out for Savage Terra Homing early in Phase 1 and at the start of Phase 3, but otherwise Elarra USB can more than deal with the damage assuming you a reasonable deck (Necrophobe w/ L10 Dampen Dark, maybe a Siren for extra healing). I use Shadow Dragon main against her, but if you can stack imperils reliably otherwise, Necrophobe main is probably best.

BTW, when fighting MAdeen: Watch out for Slots 2/4, they get hit the hardest. Whoever is in those slots, one should run Dire Heal and the other should get major Holy resist.

As for Deathgaze, why not run TGC, WoL, Marche, healer, and Agrias? Deathgaze does very little damage and everything is piercing, so you can run Elarra with Warrior's Hymn/Hastega and should be okay, health-wise. You really need to pile on the damage as much as possible thanks to Doom (though as noted, Affliction Break can actually cause Doom to miss, though I found this to be less useful than it sounds since, outside of the 5 second Savage Doom in Phase 3, the Doom Counter isn't an issue) via stacked imperils and Marche speeding up the party DPS, even with Elarra around, since Deathagze has the most obnoxious savage mode (50% damage reduction) and even when broken, it goes back into Savage mode constantly.

Frankly, I wouldn't bother tackling Deathgaze without Madeen. And as noted above, you wouldn't want to run Deathgaze against Madeen anyway. I know you said you needed better dark boosting magicite, though I personally got past the 5* Holy magicites with a Hades w/ L15 Healing Boon and a Shadow Dragon w/ L15 Empower Dark as my only real dark boost.

Now Ark, on the other hand, is actually very doable without a chain, and would help against Lakshmi (whose savage you do want to break). Ark's Savage mode makes it take a whopping 67% more damage, which means even without a chain, you can do great damage do it. You can also probably run a physical team against it. Just watch out for the incoming damage (it's rather high) and Phase 3 has an attack that is either Last Stand/Blink or die.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Information still coming in, but the new Synchro SB (SASB)? Think a kind of a cross between AASB and BSSB, where your ATK/DEF commands get replaced by new abilities. These new abilities can "sync" to specific abilties that are equipped if they're the right type and in the right slot (ATK command syncs to slot 1, DEF command syncs to Slot 2). Using the new Synchro abilities will perform them and use the synced equipped ability as well as a chase, and will consume one hone from the synced equipped ability when activated. Think of it as a reverse chase.

Here's Tifa's own in action (note: Ability 2 is a new monk ability that seems to be an updated version of Chakra):

So Tifa's ATK command gets turned into a new ability - Neo Falcon Dive. The sync condition for this is "Earth". Tifa has 6* Iron Fist Earth in slot 1, which will sync to Neo Falcon Dive. Thus, when Tifa does Neo Falcon Dive, she will chase it with Iron Fist Earth afterwards. This consumes a hone from Iron Fist Earth, though Neo Falcon Dive looks to be unlimited for the duration of the SASB. Note that a synced ability will be locked, i.e. Tifa can't use Iron Fist Earth alone, it needs to go though Neo Falcon Dive.

However, it has been shown that if an equipped ability doesn't sync with a particular command, it can still be used freely.

SASBs are also apparently native 7* relics. But they also apparently do not provide stat boosts upon mastery.

Speaking of mastery, all SBS/LMRs will now be automatically mastered when you receive the relic. This will also apply to any unmastered SBs in your inventory, and will even apply to un-mastered SBs from relics that have been deleted!

Also, SB Honing is now a thing, but only for SBs from native 7* relics. We're still trying to get more info, but it seems they will just boost entry damage and reduce entry CT, and will not affect anything like chases or other effects that a SB might provide. Uses a new upgrade material that can be bought with Anima Lenses (though it seems you can use any type of anima lenses to buy the material).

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Raid bosses need a new difficulty tier. Woke era tears through them in two turns.

Getting around to dark magicite soon. I have Rem Woke and Glint and an wondering about empowered infusion. If I cast Glint, does any source of infusion add to the stack, or does can only the Glint stack? Example: Glint -> Woke. Do I have one or two stacks of infusion?

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mental Atrophy:

Once Empowered Infusion (a.k.a. En-Element Stack) is around, any source of elemental infusion (a.k.a. En-Element) will work. Glints that cast En-Element Stack + En-Element will cast the Stack before En-Element, and thus allow En-Element to stack in any order. So Glint -> AASB will leave you at En-Element Level 2, as will AASB -> Glint if you so wish.

Note that En-Element Stack is a separate status to En-Element and lasts or 25 seconds. While En-Element, which also lasts for 25 seconds, will get refreshed for an additional 25 seconds every time you do a move that grants En-Element, the En-Element Stack status itself will not be refreshed unless you Glint again, and if En-Element Stack runs out, you will be dropped back to En-Element Level 1 automatically.

On this note, I should point out that Rem AASB is actually kinda bad for Ark. That's because Ark has a savage mode that makes it take 66.7% more damage, which is huge, and Rem AASB will knock Ark out of savage and Ark, unlike that asshole Deathgaze, doesn't go back into savage often. So if you're running multiple Holy DPS, Rem AASB will hurt the DPS of the others (might not be an issue if everyone else is capping without savage though). Just watch out.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Spent the weekend away just logging in to claim daily rewards. It was nice to get a bit of a break in the action. Now to tackle some more Torments!

It looks like I ended up inherting Adamantoise somewhere along the line...lol, guess I have to go back and farm another 4 copies...ugh.

Oct 30, 2017
Mental Atrophy:

Once Empowered Infusion (a.k.a. En-Element Stack) is around, any source of elemental infusion (a.k.a. En-Element) will work. Glints that cast En-Element Stack + En-Element will cast the Stack before En-Element, and thus allow En-Element to stack in any order. So Glint -> AASB will leave you at En-Element Level 2, as will AASB -> Glint if you so wish.

Note that En-Element Stack is a separate status to En-Element and lasts or 25 seconds. While En-Element, which also lasts for 25 seconds, will get refreshed for an additional 25 seconds every time you do a move that grants En-Element, the En-Element Stack status itself will not be refreshed unless you Glint again, and if En-Element Stack runs out, you will be dropped back to En-Element Level 1 automatically.

On this note, I should point out that Rem AASB is actually kinda bad for Ark. That's because Ark has a savage mode that makes it take 66.7% more damage, which is huge, and Rem AASB will knock Ark out of savage and Ark, unlike that asshole Deathgaze, doesn't go back into savage often. So if you're running multiple Holy DPS, Rem AASB will hurt the DPS of the others (might not be an issue if everyone else is capping without savage though). Just watch out.
Good to know. Thank you. I'll give it a try with Rem first and see how my damage is. My holy magic is actually pretty good, but I don't know how tanky Ark is yet. Though, I need to hone another Holy for Minwu. I'm guessing its savage mode is the reason I've heard of people doing it with physical teams.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Good to know. Thank you. I'll give it a try with Rem first and see how my damage is. My holy magic is actually pretty good, but I don't know how tanky Ark is yet. Though, I need to hone another Holy for Minwu. I'm guessing its savage mode is the reason I've heard of people doing it with physical teams.

One if the things I figured out using Rem aasb on ark is that Madeen will w-cast with it. So I used Holyja x3, glint, aasb, Madeen x2 while under the mag/mnd debuff, then back to Holyja for full power. The timing may be slightly different depending on how soon you get to his phase changed.

My second dd was Hope so this assumes that you have multiple copies of Madeen honed.

In other news Typhon is now sub 30.

Party was

Serah - Chain Blizzaga, chain, dmt
Lulu - Chain Blizzaga, chilling blizzard, usb1, scholar's boon
OK - Affliction break, entrust, mUsb, MM
Ysayle - Voltech, Chain Blizzaga, usb, Rod+ rm
Elarra - Valigarmanda, AcM, usb1, Gathering storm

RW - Fabula Priestess

This fight was all about getting the turn order nailed down.

Serah - chain, Blizzaga x4, chain, priestess, Blizzaga
Lulu - Blizzaga x4, usb, chilling blizzard x4
OK - mUsb, affliction, entrust Elarra, Magicite
Ysayle - Voltech x3, priestess, usb, Voltech x4
Elarra - AcM, vali x2, AcM, vali, usb, AcM, usb, vali, AcM

I was a bit worried on this one because I don't have any ice heavy hitters (osb or aosb), not that there are a ton of them out there.

Oct 25, 2017
4 deathgaze and 4 ark kills after I got my free daily ramza chain the other day. Dg sub 30 ark, not so much with my physical team. Now I can backfill and optimize decks a bit as needed. Was playing magicite catch up for the longest time. Now back to torment focus.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
After installing FFRK Inspector since my hades teams is trash and I don't want to farm forever for a Dark deck, I've noticed necrophobe appears very rarely.

Then I looked back at my old 4* magicites and it looks like the elemental resist magicites are much rarer than the others.

Oct 30, 2017
One if the things I figured out using Rem aasb on ark is that Madeen will w-cast with it. So I used Holyja x3, glint, aasb, Madeen x2 while under the mag/mnd debuff, then back to Holyja for full power. The timing may be slightly different depending on how soon you get to his phase changed.

My second dd was Hope so this assumes that you have multiple copies of Madeen honed.
I do have two R5 Madeen. I may not need to craft a second Holy--I've not totally planned my party yet, but I'm sitting on Madeen R5x2, DeDia R4, Holy R5, and Holyja R4. Party will probably be Rem, Minwu, Hope, Edward, and Elarra or Alma.

MAG/MND debuff? That makes me nervous. Main reason I want to use Rem is because she one of my most stacked characters by far. I think only Bartz has more stuff. Woke, Arcane, Ultra, BSB, and all LMR (I'll use LM2 plus chase LMR).

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I do have two R5 Madeen. I may not need to craft a second Holy--I've not totally planned my party yet, but I'm sitting on Madeen R5x2, DeDia R4, Holy R5, and Holyja R4. Party will probably be Rem, Minwu, Hope, Edward, and Elarra or Alma.

MAG/MND debuff? That makes me nervous. Main reason I want to use Rem is because she one of my most stacked characters by far. I think only Bartz has more stuff. Woke, Arcane, Ultra, BSB, and all LMR (I'll use LM2 plus chase LMR).

Ark has a move (Eternal Darkness/Savage Eternal Darkness) that does -99% mag & mnd for 3 seconds that really ruins your dps. Holyja would go from capped damage in woke mode to like 3k/hit. It's brutal, however, due to the way Summon damage is calculated it barely affects Summons at all. That's why you want to use Madeen when you're affected by that debuff.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Ark down with physical holy. 34 seconds but could be sub30. I forgot to bring elarra usb2.

Elarra - usb,BSB
Tyro - usb3, usb4
Agrias - usb
Roxas - AASB
Ramza - CSB, USB2.

Just build up gauge and go wild with Roxas during aasb and chain. Healing smite was Critting for 14k early in chain so I'll equip elarra USB2 next time and it should be a pretty easy sub30.

Oct 30, 2017
Ark has a move (Eternal Darkness/Savage Eternal Darkness) that does -99% mag & mnd for 3 seconds that really ruins your dps. Holyja would go from capped damage in woke mode to like 3k/hit. It's brutal, however, due to the way Summon damage is calculated it barely affects Summons at all. That's why you want to use Madeen when you're affected by that debuff.
Ah.... Gotcha. So just a timing debuff and not a sustained annoyance. Yes, the minimum damage for summons definitely will help during those small windows. Thanks for the heads up.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tifa's SASB grants her level 3 en-earth right from the start.

I guess we know now what tech they want us to have against Ramuh.

Oct 29, 2017
All right lol... I probably skipped some cutscenes along the way but... Shadowsmith is a villain now? I guess he betrayed Tyro in the last record update, and Dr. Mog is back with them again? Can someone point me to a story synopsis because I don't remember this stuff.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
All right lol... I probably skipped some cutscenes along the way but... Shadowsmith is a villain now? I guess he betrayed Tyro in the last record update, and Dr. Mog is back with them again? Can someone point me to a story synopsis because I don't remember this stuff.
You can watch the cutscenes (they're quick, since they're just dialogue boxes and still shots) in the Library: Library->Record Theatre->Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Each island generally spans 3-4 games (Chapter 1, for instance, is VII, VI, XIII, and IV). The RK-specific scenes are just intros and outros for visiting that game.

Just watch everything in Chapter 6 -- it'll take 5 minutes, tops -- and you'll be caught up.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Goodness, that D350 Ugallu was obnoxious. My own fault for trying to brute force with CloudBurst first, but without an entruster, it's not feasible. Sahz was on permanent debuff duty just keep the damage at bay, but it wasn't enough in the end (probably could have tried running him as pure entrust bot to try and kill faster, but eh). So I switched to an OG debuff/mage BSSB team and won in 43.98.

Vanille (LM1+LM2): Curada, Power Breakdown, MM (BSSB/USB1), double Holy boost
Serah: R5 Vortex, DMT (SSB2/BSSB1), one ice boost
Sahz (LMR): Full Break, Dispel, Gathering Storm (SSB)
Raines (LM1+LM2): Memento Mori, Dire Heal, Scholar's Boon (BSSB/OSB), double dark boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): ACM, Enfeebling Jitterbug, Acestriker (USB1)

RW: Wall
Magicites: Mateus (Empower Ice x2), Ark (Empower Dark x2), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Lakshmi (MnD Boon/Dampen Dark), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast).

Poison resists on everyone.

The endless buffs means the incoming damage is really high. As in, I have to use a healing SB after 2nd or 3rd AoE or characters get dropped. Off realm brute force didn't work (or maybe I didn't brute hard enough), so I went with Ye old Debuffs and BSSBs for damage. I brought Elarra for insurance due to dancing and ACM. HAving her also meant I didn't leave myself vulnerable by having Vanille do something else other than healing, like sneaking in her USB1 at some point (seems to have been unnecessary though, but I had excess gauge)). Late in the fight, she was helping out DPS with 9999x2 CMD1s.

Speaking of healing, with all the MND/healing buffs, Vanille was giving me 4300 per CMD2, LOL. Now that's some good burst healing!

This is the first tough fight in a looooong time where I didn't run a chain, but Snow (my only XIII chain) didn't really fit here. But with the stacking buffs, didn't need it. Raines BSSB continues to beast, slapping that dog for 9999x4 with buffs up, and chaining into 99999 OSB to finish. Nice.

Oct 30, 2017
ShinUltima
Yeah, the 350 was surprisingly hard and my FF13 team is pretty stacked. I brought Unicorn as my magicite because the status afflictions looked intimidating on paper, but I don't think it blocked anything but poison, so minimal value. Battle was very demanding on ability slots and I have room for optimization still since I don't really know the boss pattern, but I got my mastery and don't plan on revisiting. Team is weird... Serah was support.

Vanille / Curada & Protectga / BSB1 & USB2 / LM1 & LM2 / TGM RM
Sazh / Full Break & Power Breakdown / BSB / LMR / Mako Might
Hope / Madeen & Shellga / USB & OSB / LM1 & LM2 / +Holy RM
Raines / Dire Heal & Necro 6* / USB2? & ASB / LM1 & LM2 / +Dark RM
Serah / Curaja & Dispel / SSB2 & BSB2 / LM1 & LM2 / Mako Might

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well then, Ramuh really punishes characters without enearth. He even has an auto hit paralyze that target characters without enearth. Also, the multiplier of some of his attacks increase for every character without enearth active.

I really dont like how they are pretty much forcing en-element for 6*s.

Oct 30, 2017
Well then, Ramuh really punishes characters without enearth. He even has an auto hit paralyze that target characters without enearth. Also, the multiplier of some of his attacks increase for every character without enearth active.

Magicite in general have been the thing pushing me away from the game the most. I almost walked away with 5* and reduced my playtime to completing events and dailies only. I persevered and caught up eventually with powercreep, but it's not the most fun as somebody who's only done one paid draw since the beginning. 6* might be the nail.

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds obnoxious.

And we have dark Odin in a few weeks? I have cracked 100 level 100 magia characters and see I need to boost the mainliners hp to 100 as well. Sigh.

I did kill torment xv, but it took a dream ignis USB select and an artifact sword, so heavy investment.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was considering using the upcoming FT draw as an AOSB select for Cloud, but decided that I will do that only if I can get his glint and awakening.

Todays daily was his glint.

Ok then? Now, I hope that 4 AASB banner from the next fest doesnt change

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous, at this rate I would hope that gen 3 chains are 7* items and give the entire party en-element.

Oct 27, 2017
8JRML6ql.png

Finished the D350 fight this morning. Once I figured out how to survive the first 10s the rest of the fight was pretty easy.

Lightning: Ripper Bolt Lifesiphon/ LM1 +LM2/ USB1+AOSB+Glint
Noel: Icicle Shot Protectga/ LM1 +LM2/ USB1 USB2
Sazh: PB FB/ Magic Blink SSB
Snow: Healing Smite, Banishing Strike/ Boostga BSB
Elarra: Curada, Enfeebling Jitterbug/ LM1 +LM2/ USB1

I dove Noel for this fight. I recently got his USB2 from the realm draw so it was something on my eventual to do list. I'm pretty sure my party could have gotten sub 30 on the fight but it's pointless for these fights. I haven't attempted the D??? for the 13 torment yet but I imagine that I could probably beat it.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Ugallu down in just under 37 seconds with my XIII magic team.

Sazh - Full Break, Power Breakdown, usb, dmt
Hope - Lunar Dragon, dispel, usb, +holy rm
Cid R. - Necro Countdown, Dire Heal, usb1, scholar's boon
Nabaat - Mark of Darkness, Dark zone, usb, +dark rm
Vanille - shellga, curada, usb2, mm

Lakshmi as my main magicite for astra.

Fairly straightforward fight, but Hope ended up dispelling almost as much as he attacked. Making sure roar was dispelled quickly was a big key to the fight, but having Lakshmi blink the second poison helped so Regenga didn't get overwritten.
Second best Cid did most of the heavy lifting while Nabaat focused on imperils.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
a little random,

while reading up on magia, i always assume it is best to go to main stat > hp. Is that still the case with madeen's surging power? With surging power, is it better to get hp first then?

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Might get onion usb3 with the usb select. Or baschs shield for XIi torment.

May do LMR select for terra double cast fire since I have her awakening.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean... Whats the point of keeping 1000+ rubies when I actually need those abilities?

Necro Countdown is such a huge DPS increase from DZ, Golbez can deal 100k~150k (120k~180k) damage every turn easily against Madeen. I just need to pay attention and dont kill him with the self doom counter reduction.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I mean quite a few of us have run out of abilities to purchase and have started to splurge on 5* motes.

I haven't even beaten half the d???'s and I've bought everything with some motes bought as well.

May as well just buy them now and at least enjoy the new light show while helping you do content.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know. Its just that I'm way behind in Torments.

Some of my realms are so weak I have to rely on Cloud+Zack to even beat part 2. I do have 3 D??? wins though

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've bought all the ruby abilities and am sitting on 1490 left, need to do the math to see how many rubies needed for the next 6 months but with these dream battles giving rubies in a few months it seems like no danger of waking up in a few months and not being able to buy a new ability. Hmm.