• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
No. Get main stat first, always.
Hmmm... Maybe I should refund. I haven't hit magia 100 on anybody yet, but have a lot of 50+, all into HP.

Two 6* in a row for dailies. Yesterday was Strago USB dupe (can't even combine since I already have a maxed out one during failed chain chase), today is Barbaricia USB..

Ha... I swapped WoL out for Agrias so that I could break Doomgaze's savage mode more reliably with a Woke TGC. Also dived her. Tyro now caps his free Arcane. I'd swap Tyro out for WoL, but I discovered that Affliction Break makes the doom counter last longer, which makes me nervous. 24s clear, though, so maybe I'm worried about nothing. Down from 36s before imperil.

Timing my finishing blows on Ark to avoid his 99k hit is too annoying, so I swapped Vanille in for Minwu since I she's my best doublecaster with last stand, unless I can squeeze Elarra BSB in.

Edit... Maxed out my Ark and Doomgaze magicite. Definitely two of the easier ones, but I also did them in the Woke era. Unclear on why +MND is on Ark... Anyway, I skipped Lakshmi because she kept nuking me to death with that savage poltergeist -> poltergeist combo and she's surprisingly tanky. Going to revisit next weekend now that I have stronger magicite.

Last edited:

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
hmmm...

been telling myself not to spend the google play credits... Is it worth a pull on the chain select even if it is just a gen 1 chain? I lack any type of fire and earth chains and wondering if i should pick it up. I have NOT challenged Mateus nor Manticore (nor syldra, typhoon and adamantoise). Am seriously debating if i should pick up the sheep's chain...

also... what the heck do i do with a 2nd awakening sword for terra? Do i combine it?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Finally took out Lakshmi. (been avoiding it since I didn't have a dark deck)

Super easy with

Seifer Chain/BSB.
Riku AASB
Dark Cloud USB1/USB3
Elarra USB
Tyro God Wall

Healing RM.

Basically charge until 15 sec and then release.

Amazingly the MVP turned out to be Dark Cloud not Riku and I actually almost forgot about his dark ability (Got all of his stuff chasing Terra and Bartz AASB that I forgot about the them)

Cloud Grand Charge/Evil Swing combo was basically doing 400K+ damage every 2 turns. I have his AOSB and I didn't even use it once. Riku on the other hand didn't cap until the very end of the battle. He was only getting up the 15K and had trouble breaking savage mode at the start of the chain until I gave him dark bargain.

8/16 5* Magicites done (7/8 physical and 1/8 Magical).

Gonna try Madeen next since I have Riku AASB and the fact that its the basis of 5* magicite decks.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Got my first auto 5* Magicite, Manticore. Not super reliable yet, but I'm working on that.

If only chain users didn't recast every 5 seconds. XD

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I need to figure out my USB select. I have most of the obvious top picks (Vivi, OK pUSB/mUSB, Elarra etc) with I guess the only notable exceptions of Palom and Tyro Godwall. So while those are both considerations Palom's going to lose a lot of steam with the 6* magicites due to no enelement for everything, and Tyro is still usually better served as a RW IMO but still value in both of course.

So with that said I think I'm looking more towards trying to finish out what I can of the 5* magicites. What I *haven't* done/completely farmed:

Lakshmi - This should be doable for me with Seph's AASB, but I need to level an ATK/ATK Madeen and get some actual 5* dark+ magicite. Not worried about this one ultimately with Seph and my other physical options though.

Syldra - Total no-go for me as discussed a little ways back in the thread, I just absolutely need a physical chain and Snow's wasn't going to cut it for me off the current select (I did get Seymour's though which is definitely what clinched Madeen for me) so I don't think any picks here really help me.

Typhon - My best Ice mage options are: Rinoa (dived with Chain and AOSB), Edea (4* dived with BSB and ice quickcast LMR), Serah USB1 (enIce/Quickcast USB), Seven USB (break and imperil), Lulu AOSB and Montblanc BSB/USB (lol?).

Hecatoncheir - My physical wind options are fairly ridiculous, not really worried about this.

Adamantoise - My best Wind mage options are: Alph (dived with Chain, enWind LMR, SSB, BSB and Radiant Shield Brave USB), Barb SB, Fuijin (4* dived with enWind LMR, Glint, BSB, OSB, USB). Worth noting that with no Slydra Magicite my only tools to break savage are going to be Fujin OSB and Alph's Level 3 Brave command. Also worth noting though that I do have Terra's AASB, so her with Meltdown here seems pretty viable.

Deathgaze - My physical holy team is also pretty stacked; my only holy chain is WoL which definitely holds me back some but I have pretty good options otherwise, not worried about this one particularly. I got some feedback a couple pages ago about my team/setup but was advised I would definitely need Madeen which I have now.

Ark - Weird one; I have a pretty stacked physical holy team as mentioned above which apparently does actually work here. On top of that though I also have somehow stumbled into several of the top holy mage options; I have Rem (dived with BSB, OSB and both USBs), Minwu BSB2 and USB2 (the w-cast holy one), Arc with BSB2 and USB (the holy/water chase one), Mog BSB (weird but maybe notable here for the MAG/MND party buff and MAG/MND command debuff?), and Raines (dived with BSB/OSB/USB). So I kind of have to think I'm probably okay here?

I haven't actually attempted any of these fights (except Slydra/Deathgaze) so on paper my first thought is maybe grab something to help out my mage wind team, maybe Barb's USB? Open to any suggestions.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Got my first auto 5* Magicite, Manticore. Not super reliable yet, but I'm working on that.

If only chain users didn't recast every 5 seconds. XD

it's hilarious how the ones that disable users via paralyze/sleep/etc are the best to auto specifically because they bop the chain user out of commission

Oct 30, 2017
Raines endark LMR from daily. Should breathe new love into his BSB, though I'm not sure I'd use it over his doublecast USB unless abilities are spread thin.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finally got Mateus and Geos but my kills are super sketchy. Gonna be a bitch to farm them :/
Now I have to decide if I want to try to tackle Belias with my non-existant magic water team or Syldra with my mediocre physical ice team (I'm so scared of Syldra T_T )

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

If you have the future proof ones already (Seph USB2, Zidane USB2), I'm not sure what to recommend. I've yet to see a 6* magicite clear that doesn't use either Tyro USB3, USB4, or both (+LMR), which annoys me since I have none of those.

As for your remaining magicites:

Lakshmi: Who's backing Sephiroth? Sephiroth can solo-DPS win here but he likely needs help to at least skip the statuses in Phase 1.

Syldra: No change. Rough right. Wait until June Fest for Squall AASB. AASB+BSSB2 and Snow chain is enough to beat Syldra.

Typhon: You should have no trouble with Typhon. Chain + two decent ice users + Elarra + OK mUSB can sub-30.

Adamantoise: I'd say Alphinaud chain is an auto-win, but Syldra is kinda crucial to knock it out of Savage. Also, note that Alph's Brave command doesn't do overflow damage - it does multi-hits and restores 1 summon use. But if you can time Fujin OSB and make full use of Terra AASB, you shouldn't have trouble winning since it doesn't hit very often or especially hard.

Deathgaze: Don't remember what you have, but it's fairly easy as long as you have a reliable means of knocking it out of Savage. I sub-30'd it with 2017 tech (TGC OSB, Marche USB, Agrias BSSB/OSB) + Ramza chain.

Ark: Your magic holy options are better than mine. My Holy DPS consists of Minwu USb2/LMR and Raines BSSB (+OSB to finish), with some De'Dia and Madeens thrown in from Rosa/Elrarra, respectively. I usually win in the 32-36 range, depending on Minwu triple casts and making sure his Holyjas don' get nerfed by MND debuff. As long as you can deal with the incoming damage and have an answer for Phase 3 Overflow attack (magic blink or Last Stand), leave it in Savage Mode and kill it faster. You actually don't even need a chain here if you leave it in Savage (and if WoL is your only Holy chain, I'd consider dropping him and using 3 DPS instead).

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Just to add in terms of Adamantoise, if you own OK OSB it can knock the turtle out of rage mode in the event you use OK in that fight. It's what I do on my runs along with Syldra.

Oct 25, 2017
Torment update

2 sub 30s today, 8 and t so thought update
1 70%
2 40%
3 sub 60
4 sub 50
5 sub 40
6 sub 30
7 sub 60
8 sub 30
9 sub 50
10 70%
11 60%
12 sub 60
13 60%
14 sub 50
15 killed
T sub 30
0 sub 50

Not sure why I can't kill 10, haven't tried lately. Same for 13 and 11. 1 and 2 are a couple lens relics away. 5 is just a hair above 30. Anima lens should boost 15. 14 4 and 7 I'm sure I can sub 30 now.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
So happy we finally have Enna and Tama. I hate missing out on characters. I want to support them by pulling on this banner, but the next WoFF event is so much better, so I'll probably wait until then. Now let's do those DQ collab relics!

it's hilarious how the ones that disable users via paralyze/sleep/etc are the best to auto specifically because they bop the chain user out of commission
I know there's a QoL update coming later that makes your team wait 25 seconds in between their first and second Roaming Warrior cast during auto, it would be amazing if this was applied to Chains as well.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
ShinUltima

Re: Lakshmi other than Seph I've got a Cloud w/enDark LMR, enDark Glint and Dark AOSB (and he can also use Heavy, no USB 1/2 though) and a handful other okay to good options (TGC w/LMR and USB, Riku AOSB, Gabranth BSB/USB etc) enough where I can't imagine that + Seph won't carry it.

Re: Adamantoise if breaking savage is the bigger key then Barb's USB won't help me in that regard even if it is very good. I *do* have OK's OSB as ultra mentioned, so if I can't get Terra breaking the cap with her AASB + Meltdown that's an extra options?

I actually *don't* have Zidane or Seph USB2's, based on the above maybe one of those is a better option? I also do have Tyro's LMR (the instantcast 2 one, not sure if he has more than one?) but nothing else for him besides original Wall and the freebies we've gotten for him. I'm kind of hesitant to grab his USB3/4 just because 3 is good but feels like it's better served as a RW and 4 like it would be better served with him as a battery to complement a Gen 2 chain (especially physical ones obviously) which I don't have a lot of. Like, neither would be a bad pick but 6* elemental magicite is still a bit out. Also Godwall is an option in the 2nd lens release wave in ~4-5 months from now, and/or I could always grab one or the other on a later Select whereas something else may help me in the more immediate short-term?

As far as Zidane and Seph go I honestly kind of forgot about them because I already have a pretty decked wind team and most of Seph's other stuff. For Zidane I *do* have his w-cast wind and Thief quickcast LMR's, but then nothing else notable (a SSB, 2 BSBs and OSB). For Seph I've got his enDark LMR, BSB2, OSB, AOSB and AASB, so IIRC his USB2 makes him super broken but he's already one of my most decked out characters so grabbing his USB2 didn't even occur to me. I'm not familiar with Zidane's USB2 (other than I've heard it's good) and I don't know how future proof that or Seph USB2 is but I'm open to suggestions! I kinda did the USB select draw on a bit of a whim thinking if nothing else I'd grab Barb or Palom's USB so I have no hard commitments here, although ironically Seymour's USB I got off the pull itself was actually a pretty good help in my Madeen clears so that worked out.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Now I can auto Famfrit too, with a much higher success rate, all while getting much better inheritance fodder. Bless.

Oct 30, 2017
4/11
Terra Woke / Ultra
Lightning Ultra/Materia

Glorious. Hopefully I can snag Terra's dualcast materia at some point.

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr Daravon:

No question: If you have Seph AASB, you want his USB2. They're meant to go together (it's why Seph gets a refund after doing AASB). The only other thing you'd want is his dualcast LMR - even his en-dark LMR takes a backseat to his Trance LM2. All his other SBs are, quite frankly, irrelevant. Seph AASB + USB2 is actually the strongest dark mage in the game (when paired with dark gen 2 chain at least, or dark chain + a ton of stacked faithgas and maybe artifact [dark] magic dagger), far less physical.

Zidane USB2 is futureproof since it goes very well with his AASB as well - 100% dualcast means he's guaranteed to get the 18 Hit finisher, and under AASB it's basically free AOSB damage. But since you don't have his AASB but do have Seph AASB, Seph USb2 takes priority. Everything else takes a backseat. Don't forget that Dark Odin is a thing, so you absolutely want the most power you can get in a single element where possible.

Yes, breaking Adamantoise Savage is crucial (and inflicting as much damage as possible while he's not in Savage) since he's the tankiest of the 5*s, by far, and the way the fight is designed, he likes to slow you down and frustrate you rather than overwhelm you with damage like most of the other 5*s. OK OSB can do it, though I've never tested that myself (hmmm, might be something to try myself actually, though I doubt it would result in me being able to sub-30 - currently have a 35-40 second clear).

Oh, for Lakshmi, use TGC. Cloud ain't cutting it without his USB1 (really, you don't have this?).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh terra wind lmr. 100 gem. Doesn't an update do something funky with the double cast single element and spell s like meltdown? Hmm. Sorely tempted to pull yet I have he awakening already,

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Probably not super interesting for most people here but I wanted to share my experience with my latest kill, geosg.
My first encounters were pretty bad, I tried with a team composed of Ashe (USB) Totto (csb bsb) Braska (USB) OK (mUsb) and Elarra . On paper it seemed ok but in practice I was lacking dps and the petrify was just too much for me to handle and finish it off with only two characters. At this point I was pretty desperate, feeling that without an astra it was impossible for me. Not a good feeling to have!
Then I remembered that I saw people using Terra aasb off element with Vali. I have the aasb (but no wcast lmr :() so I figured it was worth a try so good bye Braska and welcome Terra! Finally I was able see me overcoming the final dps race and I got my first kill by a hair after some tries. I was very happy but it was still a very hard win for me. Very often my last two dps wouldn't make it through the kill. That was a 33s kill iirc.
So what could I change? I figured that my mistake was probably trying to refresh my buff and not go all out on dps so that's exactly what I tried. Replaced OK wrath by chain thundaga, used some entrust on toto for her to use her USB instead of refreshing mUsb, timed my chain and attacks better and voilà! My first 23s kill! Now I have a pretty consistent 23-25s win. It was so satisfying!
I guess my point is that this is what I like so much about this game. I went from "it's impossible!" to a win and then more. Given how much possibilities there are, there's often a different path to victory that is not obvious but very fun to find. A bit of help from the community, some thinking and perseverance can go a long way!

Now let's see if I can repeat that on my next targets. I'm looking at you syldra! (I will probably post soon for advice ha!)

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
1 pull 3/11
Firion LMR
Terra GSB
Yshtola Busb

I'm ok with that. Terra Glint will go well with awakening and firion Knight LMR helps for torment. Ysh BUSB is damn good too

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux:

Well done.

Randon Painted Highway:

The buff to elemental LMs/LMRs is that they will activate on any ability that has the appropriate element, regardless of what damage that ability inflicts.

So right now, if using, say, Terra AASB + Valigarnanda against Geo like what Jux used, Vali will hit for lightning damage and Terra's dualcast fire LMR will never activate. After the change, Terra dualcast fire LMR will activate (25% chance of course) with Vali no matter what type of damage it inflicts, which means that Terra with AASB/LMR1 will get a 25% chance at triple cast with Meltdown/Vali, regardless.

re: Recent pulls

So I waited until the last day of the Dream Select to see if I would get Zidane USB2 from the daily. Nope, 3* crap. Then I did the IX Realm pull (I've only done one realm pull which was XIVs and pretty blah, though I guess Alph Glint is good) to see if perchance I'd get it there, or even better, Zidane AASB. Went 3/11: Zidane LMR1 (dupe), Freya USB2, MArcus USB.

Actually decent pull. In fact, I think that's my best realm pull yet! Even if they're not the wind relics I was looking for. I finally selected Zidane USB2.

Also, unless Tyro USB4 becomes super imperative against 6* magicites (seriously, every single Ramuh/Titan clear I've seen uses Tyro USB3, USb4, or both), this is likely my last USB Dream Select. While still useful, USBs get powercreeped rather hard by the coming AASB era, and the only reason to get one now would be for Torment purposes, and at this point it's better to just wait to pick up an AASB or two for that.

Oct 30, 2017
I have all of Tyro's Ultras. I don't use the crit support one often, but maybe I should.

Is Healing Boon not inheritable? Just got some Lakshmi and was thinking of using it to give Madeen Healing Boon since I'll be using that magicite in most parties anyway, but it doesn't show up in the list.

Edit: Nevermind. Once leveled up, it can be inherited. Good. :)

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
ShinUltima You sold me on grabbing Seph's USB2 :p. I had no super strong feelings going into this select so it's all good. I sadly don't have his w-cast LMR and I'm not doing the LMR select just for that, but I'll probably make that a high priority for lensing (if it's an option there) I guess.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
MrDaravon:

I don't think Sephiroth dualcast LMR is available in this dream selection anyway. I don't think it'll be available in the next selection (which should arrive at the end of the month), but it might be available in Dream Select for September fest.

It's also not on Anima lenses. At least not the first wave. Not sure about the second.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
MrDaravon:

I don't think Sephiroth dualcast LMR is available in this dream selection anyway. I don't think it'll be available in the next selection (which should arrive at the end of the month), but it might be available in Dream Select for September fest.

It's also not on Anima lenses. At least not the first wave. Not sure about the second.
Almost no LMRs were added on the second wave of Anima Lenses. The only ones added were for characters who didnt already have one available I think.

Here the 2nd wave list. Seph got his USB2 added, but not his LMR2.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Ah well that's good to know, thanks guys! Worse case if I really feel the need I'll just do the next LMR select.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
5* daily draw: SB-less Dragon Claw from FFVII? So terrible it didn't even have the victory music.

Finally got around to doing Madeen... what a loathsome fight. Basically have to not mess up once or I'm toast. Most annoying part is that I'm always just over 30s; I'd pretty much need perfect RNG dualcasting to sub-30 it. Closest one is 30.40s. Also, Mark of Darkness needs a significant boost; this ability is garbo.

I got enough for two copies right now (ATK/ATK and MAG/MAG). Was just gonna call it quits there, but it looks like a mixed ATK/MAG and a Deadly Strikes x2 would be too useful to pass up. Urgh.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Took about 3 hours, but I finally beat IX D???, and with a sub-30 too! Got 29.09.

Team:

Eiko (LM1+LM2): R4 Dark Ifrit, R4 Curada, MM (BSSB), dark/bio resist
Vivi (LM1+LM2): R4 Chain Firaja, R4 Meltdown, DMT (USB2/USB1), dark/bio resist
Kuja (LM2+LMR): R4 Necro Countdown, R2 Hastega, Gathering Storm (OSB), major bio resist + minour dark resist
Zidane (LM2+LMR2): R4 Flash Disaster, R5 Storm Assault, Scholar's boon (USB2), dark/bio resist
Marcus (LM1+LM2): R4 Fire Assault, R1 Mug Bloodlust, Thief DMG+ RM (USB), dark resist

RW: Realm chain
Magicites: Lakshmi (L20 MNd Boon/L10 Dampen Dark), Phoenix (L8 Blade/L8 Spell Ward), Belias (L15 Empower Fire x2), Typhon (L15 Empower Wind x2), Madeen (L20 Mag Boon x2)

+100 magia on everyone but Marcus in their main stat (MAG for Vivi/Kuja, ATK for Zidane, MND for Eiko). Eiko/Vivi/Zidane/Kuja all have various waters too, though I didn't max Vivi/Zidane HP to help them trance more easily.

Rough turn order:

Eiko: Curada to Vivi, Dark Ifrit, magicite, BSSB, Curada Marcus, Curada Vivi, BSSB, Curada Kuja, BSSB or Dark Ifrit
Vivi: USB2, Chain Firaja x3, USB1, Chain Firaja spam* (theoretically)
Kuja: RW, Necro Countdown spam, OSBx2**
Zidane: Flash Disaster x4, USB2, Storm Assault spam
Marcus: Mug Bloodlust, Fire Assault x2, refresh chain, USB1, Fire Assault spam

Some notes:

Hilariously and annoyingly, I couldn't keep Vivi alive after he did his USB1. Cause right at that time was the transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3 - I'd eat Incubus VIral Smoke, then Ultimate Meteor, then Ultimate Flare. Because my party was generally weak after Incubus Viral Smoke, this is when I'd usually be using Relm BSSB. But that stupid 80% HP Ultimate Meteor would put Vivi in a hole, and even with QC, I simply could not get another turn to heal him up before Ultimate Flare got him.

Thankfully, on my winning run, I didn't need him after that. Zidane/Marcus/Kuja closed things out.

Speaking of Kuja, in shades of what I ended up doing with Agrias against Deathgaze, I decided it was better to save his gauge for OSBs for the end of the fight instead of using his BSSB1 in the middle and OSB at the end. On my winning run, I goofed and accidentally did his BSSB instead of OSB a second time, which probably lost me about 40,000 damage. Again, thankfully, looks like I didn't need the extra damage.

I tried Marcus with Fire Assault and Dash & Slash initially. But in my failed attempts, I never got to use Dash & Slash and still had hones on Fire Assault. I switched D&S to Mug Bloodlust to not just give MArcus more bite, but also to reduce some of the incoming damage. It wasn't enough to keep Vivi alive without curing him in P1, but it was just enough to let Kuja tank P1 Ultimate Chain Bioga.

Keeping Kuja alive here is.. not easy. There were times when I was wondering if I should switch to Dire Heal to take the heat off of EIko. But I felt I needed that extra damage throughput. Dunno if it would be easier with Dire Heal, but it doesn't matter now.

That's 13 D???s down, 7 sub-30. Remaining ones are I, III, IV, and XIII.

III I'm waiting on the Jump Start Renewal to pick the III set since that should guarantee a win if not sub-30.

IV I fantastic survivability between Edge SSB2 and Rosa USB1/USB2, but I'm a bit questionable on DPS. Kain USB1 is my only notable DPS, and I figure I might as well wait 6-hit dragoon ability drops before trying this. Otherwise, I only have Tellah BSSB for support, and my last slot will either be Yang (BSSB) or Golbez (USB1), not sure who to use.

My XIII tech is ancient. And pretty bad. Not just Vanille BSSB as healing (which I hear is sufficient for this fight), but I'd be relying on things like Serah SSB2 for support and Ye Old Raines BSSB as primary DPS. Those three can work well together, but I'm not sure who else to bring: Lighting w/ USB1 could probably work, though I don't have her dualcast LMR. I suppose Sahz w/ SSB could work, since he can boost Lightning's damage and blink stuff, but that's pretty ghetto. And XIII D??? is supposed to be one of the harder ones. Not looking forward to this one at all.

I I will probably try last since, aside from Sarah USB1 which I picked up somewhat recently and her BSSB which I've had for ages, I've got nothing good in this realm. I can debuff Garland into the ground but I have no DPS. WoL BSSB/OSB (and recently got his En-Holy LMR, which is nice) and LD Thief w/ SSB are my only real damage dealers. I have Wol USB1, but that won't help with the heavy incoming damage and the defensive debuff is too short to really take advantage of. I have Garland dual-cast LMR and nothing else. When this first released, I couldn't even get out of Phase 1 without running into Dead End. So unless Fest free pulls gives me a bunch of goodies in this realm, this will likely be tackled last.

So it looks like I'll be tackling either IV or XIII next, unless the Jump Start Renewal drops soon, in which case I'll go after III.

Oct 29, 2017
Man, this Crystal Tower was easy even by Crystal Tower standards. I'm not even gonna be impressed when the 3 man team clears start getting posted on Reddit. Maybe 2 man teams, then we'll see.