• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Nice pulls guys. Tempted to pull on this XII Banner, but really need to save for fest at only 165 mythril...

Oct 29, 2017
Decided to take Terra's new toys for a spin on Wrexsoul D???.

Bpoko53.jpg

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Sitting at 270 myhril and trying to resist pulling until the fest. I haven't even pulled on a single LotR banner yet...we'll see what mythril I have left after the fest I guess.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem got me penelos USB. She can just dance her heart out and heal everyone. I'm surprised by how effective it's been in my torment attempts today.

89% at around 34 seconds before I die.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Just did a last minute Cecil and Golbez raid clear on Discord with three AASB Terras and Vincent's Chain and we mowed through them like a hot knife through butter. They didn't even get to attack once. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oct 25, 2017
100 gem gabranth lmr, dualcast. Have his usb so this is nice. My dark is so so stacked though.
Rop auron usb, the magic blink one, not the good one i think. Also have his not great lmr, so he is just on the cusp of being great for me.

One pull on xii 1 banner, Lars a usb, glint, vayne busb. Good pull. Will have to see how that takes me on the torment.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow knew I was going to pull a disco on the daily draw...Seifer USB1.

Don't know how much utility it has now a days, but free is free.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
48s on FFT D???. 20s better than my previous clear, but I'm still not happy with it. I can definitely sub30 with my current relics.

Also, can someone give me ~400 ice crystals?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I haven't touched torments in a long time.

Despite having a fully stat and skill inherited 5* magicite of every element for a while now.

Just letting powercreep deal with the struggle. And by struggle, I mean pull realm chain and AASBs to make them ezmode.

This is never going to happen because all my mithril is going to non AASB IX banners lol

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Odin is finally here - and also 50 Major Arcana to celebrate. I just need to beat 8 more magicites to unlock him.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
And now my reticence in clearing the Dark magicites and Adamantoise has finally caught up with me. I've been trying off and on to clearing Adamantoise with my Wind physical team, and maybe that's not the best idea.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jesus. I can't believe it. D.Odin is a no go so far.

Tried the wind-weak D.Odin for three hours with various combinations of the following:

- God Cloud (Everything) + Zack (CSB/BSSB)
- God Cloud + Super Zidane (USB1/USB2/LMR2)
- God Cloud + Super Bartz (AASB/USB2/AOSB/BSSB4/LMR)
- God Cloud, Zack, and Shelke dedicated Entrust-bot.
- Ignis BSSB
- Faris CSB/SSB
- Elarra USB (couldn't even get past 33% HP gone)
- Rosa USB2 + Aerith USB2

..And I can't win. By far my best element, and nothing but failure thus far.

Twice I was close, running into that P3 T10 auto-death Zantetsuken when I maybe another turn or two from winning. One time I ran into that same Zantetsuken around 50% when I couldn't break L3 Savage. BUt otherwise it's been brutal beatings after another. It's so hard to do anything in this fight - damage is terrible, and I can't survive unless Shelke is entrusting to Aerith constantly, and that's with Rosa backing her up! I had to go double healer just to get past 1/3rd HP gone!

There's a psuedo-poverty clear (no AASBs) for wind-weak D.Odin at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A0WcHIq1WA that I can't even mimic since it clear hinges on Relm USB1 bypassing Cloud's slow ass as well as helping to mitigate incoming damage via Stone Skin. I'd consider trying that with Aerith USB2 in place of Relm USB1, but that wouldn't work well with all the entrusting, and Elarra won't save me from the 9999 AoEs unless I'm at full health. Aphmau USB won't save me from the damage either even if she can speed up everyone a la Relm. And while it was joked that Faris USB2 is a glorified SSB, it's actually vastly superior to her actual SSB which is all I have for her for imperil, and that debuff her USB2 has is crucial for keeping the damage at bay here.

This is depressing. I mean, I guess since I was close I can win with more RNG? Perhaps an extra double cast from Cloud earlier in the fight? Or maybe a superior turn order, since looking at that "poverty" clear, he was getting waaaay more damage with Cloud than I was, even counting for Ignis.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
I read that Wind-team Odin is one of the hardest. DeNA's way to nerf Cloud.

Not their first time too. 3* Earth Magicite was designed around MAG teams to keep players from powering through with Cloud way back when, though I suppose it can be done now lol.

Gave D.Odin a quick whirl to see what it was about, but will need to give it more planning lol. Didn't get too far as I was pressed for time last night...is poison actually viable? I have Edgar BSB/OSB and Quistis BSB/OSB....

Pulled on the IX LOTR banner because that realm is a poverty realm for me, and ended up going 2/3 with Steiner realm chain which is nice, and Amarant LMR which will compliment his trance+USB nicely. Still in dire need of Eiko's USB, and am tempted to pick her BSB from the lens selection unless there is a reason not to? Garnet is a subpar healer with no access to WHT 5+, and I only have Eiko's SSB from waaaaaay back when.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
As a straight poison team I'm pretty sure no. I know that Poison Odin has been killed, but it's been with multi-element teams.

I thought so, would be a lol team if you could actually do it with straight up poison. I'm going to have to build a team around Bartz's AASB. Hoping to get more during the fest.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
from what I understand the wind-advantage odin tries to get around cloud by making it a defensive headscratcher

edit: I understood wrong lol this boss sucks

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Chain LD is up. Its hard to pass a banner with 7 chains for 25 mythril.

I got 3/11 - Vincent CSB (dupe), Seifer CSB and Vincent glint.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
wow!!

Strago CSB, Prompto CSB and Seifer CSB... all new!!! wooohooo!!

i was literally planning on tackling belias tmr too ^^

Oct 27, 2017
1/11 Vincient CSB. Fire was my only element without a chain so this pull was fantastic. Curious to see how much better I'll do against the 5* Ice magicite now.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
2/11

Serah chain new
Prompto chain

Could be way worse because I had 4 dupes. Already have ice, earth and dark chains but they are all gen1, so every new relic would've been an improvement.

Oct 30, 2017
Strago and Vincent. Already have Vincent's, but I've chased Strago's multiple times to failure. It's been my most desired chain since it debuted. Super glad to finally have it.

Also Laguna Glint from parade draw, for those situations where he has some extra meter to alternate with his chain.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Strago chain/11

Avoided a dupe but would've preferred Vincent or seifer. Not gonna look the gift horse in the mouth though

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thinking about it.. I need Magic Ice/Water/wind chain and an earth chain would be really nice since I have zero chain of this element.
I'm seriously thinking about pulling more on this banner but it means fewer pulls at the fest. At this point I don't know if chains are more important for me than AASBs that I might not even get...
Sitting at 260 mythril now. Doing one more pull on the chain banner means I will only get 4 or 5 pulls at fest, that might be enough...or not :P
Choices are hard!

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Easy enough. I wanted a full CM party as I originally had Quina instead of Ignis, but every run ended on 10% HP left with it. Had to squeeze more firepower.

Just don't do Odin without chain + AASB.

sKsyvXPl.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Laguna usb2 from rop have his csb and usb1 so he is stacked need lmr!
Serah csb/11 so happy enough. Risky pull I was missing strago serah and galuf of the chains so there was a high chance of dupe failure!