• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Need to gather up some more mythril to pull on the half price chain banner, but the realm 5 pull tonight gave me Aerith's USB2 so I'm super pumped about that as I have a great healer now.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
lpJ0zXul.png

3 wipes at no visible HP bar tell me it's a better use of my time to go grind magia for 6 hours than RNG more attempts on this shit boss for 6 hours lmao

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
tfw you chase Tidus AOSB for cheesing with AASB for odin

and then odin dies while AOSB is casting

NJTNRv9l.png

i hate this game

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Belias down in 38s. Next is maybe Adamantoise, as I have Alphinaud's Chain.

And I think Geos can work. Ashe's USB and Palom's USB sure help, but no chain and relying on Quetz to break savage is not helping. Maybe I can use Terra's Awakening with Vali, but I don't know if she can break 10k without a chain.

Once I figure out a better way to avoid Savage Doomsday, I probably can beat Ark as well. And Laksmi is probably an easy one now as well, with Seifer's CSB and stuff like Decil USB, TGC USB and Cloud.

That leaves only Behemoth King (no chain, but I guess its doable), Deathgaze (have Ramza's Chain) and Syldra (fuck this fight)

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Have yet to seriously try Odin, but I expect to get face rolled when I do.

Been working on Torments the last couple days, hammered out a few masteries on dWhale.

FFT
FFV
FFXII
FFVII
FFVIII
FFXIV

All mastered, FFIV I got to 99% damage and died, and haven't been able to replicate my success. Real close on XIII and XV, and made it surprisingly farther into IX than I expected.

Realms like XI, X, VI where I have no good medicas are proving to be a challenge.

Does anyone know how much mythril we can expect at Fest? 50?

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work there. I myself mastered xiii at sub 40 and x at sub 50, first kills of both. Taking serahs ssb2 from the lens collection was the missing piece. Going all magic n that one, need Nabaats lmr double for a shot at sub 30, or an aosb for Raines.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
uh..........................

my realm pull just got me my 3rd Terra awakening sword...... 3RD!!!!

what the hell >< any suggestions on what to do with them? Combine all 3?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
uh..........................

my realm pull just got me my 3rd Terra awakening sword...... 3RD!!!!

what the hell >< any suggestions on what to do with them? Combine all 3?

If it gives +fire, keep 1 and rainbow the rest.

If it doesn't, rainbow all 3.

Combining it gives little in terms of stat gains, and the elemental artifacts blow all gear out of the water anyway.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
6*s can hit ~350 fully combined/rosetta'd but that locks you into a very specific usage* at which point if you needed the stat boost over an elemental artifact (which has way better general coverage) you might as well pull the trigger and go all-in on a VI artifact stick.

(* says the guy who got an artifact water ball for tidus lmao)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Geosgaeno and Deathgaze down. Geos was waay too luck dependent, but at least I got one win. Deathgaze was much easier than I was expecting though. His damage output is really low - I actually forgot to equip a dark resist accessory on one character and it still worked.

Just 5 left now.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm close enough on lightning-weak Odin to taste that omni-resist accessory. Complete Ashe, Sora, and Garnet. Just working on perfecting the turn order and Magicite deck.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
Hi, still way behind on things other than making sure events are done.

I know I can google for charts or read conversations about it.

But can one of our trusted tell me which new Artifacts I should definitely get it at least consider.

And can someone do the same with anima lenses?

Thank you very much anybody who takes time to send some advice this way.

Edit: Accidentally quoted RPH instead of just making a post.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Last couple of pages you'll find lots of thoughts on those topics. :)

For artifact, most people's first recommendation seems to be magic rods or daggers to fill whatever elemental holes you have in terms of magic weapons.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

But can one of our trusted tell me which new Artifacts I should definitely get it at least consider.

For atifacts, daggers are usually the best, as anyone can use them. But keep in mind some characters have bonus damage with a specific weapon on their dives. Daggers also have 8 less Atk than other elemental artifacts (well, its not like 8 less atk on a 300 atk weapon matters)

Mag daggers dont have this penalty. The best for now, while we dont have many stones, is just to fill holes on your teams. I think almost every mage can use rods, and every holy phy character can use swords, so theres that, but overall daggers are a good start.

Also, using 12 rainbow crystals, you can upgrade an artifact to lv33, which already has ~270 atk/mag/mnd, while level 50 requires 60 rainbow crystals and reaches ~300 atk/mag/mnd

About lenses, level 1 has all USB0's, so grab them if you dont have them already. Aside from that, you can use them for +elem armor or to complete your husbandos/waifus.

Level 3 seems rare for now, but they are actually easier to get than level 2. Theres no real rule here, pick what you need the most. Stuff like Clouds USB1, and Onions pUSB and mUSB are available. Wave 2 will include a lot of new tech, including Elarra USB and Godwall

Level 2 is the real problem, one LMR costs 3000 L2 lenses, and the banners are going to be 8 6* + 6 5*, so we will get even less L2 than L3 on pulls

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My LotR luck is so much better than my regular banner luck..

Already got Ramza CSB, Vivi AOSB and Bartz USB1. Meanwhile, on Rem's awakening banner I got 1/11 dupe - the only dupe I had. Same on TGC awakening banner

Just watch me going 1/11 LMR on every fest banner I pull now

You're too far :(

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for some Typhon team suggestions; I imagine I can do this but I'm gonna have to spend resources (dives, waters, hones etc) probably to do it and not sure where to put those resources. My first three folks are locks:

1)Rinoa dived w/(my only) Ice Chain and AOSB
2)Elarra dived w/USB (could maybe make a case for slotting in Rosa w/Wrathing her USB2?)
3)OK dived w/mUSB and IC2 LMR (as well as Glint which would technically help here but probably isn't practical)

My other ice options are kind of a mishmash of stuff I've mostly never used because it's either new or I never had to (except Edea BSB back in the day and for the 4* fight). The only at all notable magic ice stuff I have otherwise is:

-Seven USB (x10 magic ice attacks, imperil and ATK/MAG/RES break)
-Edea (4* dived) w/her BSB and ice quickcast LMR
-Lulu AOSB
-Shantotto (5* dived) w/her USB2
-Serah USB1 (x10 magic ice attacks + enIce and Ice QC)
-Montblanc w/BSB and USB (lol?)
-Vivi (5* dived) w/dualcast USB (also lol?)
-Terra (5* dived) w/almost everything but most importantly AASB which shoulllld work with Vali? Potentially a big stretch on this one though.

I've got two Chain Blizzagas at r5, and Voltech/Vali/Chain Blizzaja at r4. I do *not* have the 6* witch ice spell, I could grab it but I don't have a lot of crystals it needs, I don't even know if I could r3 it. On a similar note I have the 5* ice witch stuff but not honed and I have like 0 5* dark orbs.

I've actually got a pretty good magicite deck for this through since I'm done farming Madeen; double wind resist Mateus, Manticore, double ward Famfrit, double ward Madeen and MAG/MAG Madeen. I don't think any of these are at max inheritance stats but that's fairly minimal I believe.

I gave him a go trying Rinoa/Elarra/OK/Seven/Serah since Seven and Serah both are enIce USBs, Seven can use Affliction Break first turn and her USB imperils/breaks. The problem is that Seven/Serah aren't doing great damage with Chain Blizzaga, then when he does the big AOE attack a little ways in after he's done enAero'ing it straight up kills Serah even if she it at 100% health. Also this winds up happening just as Seven/Serah are getting bar so their SB's aren't even factoring in.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to dive/water/whatever folks, I just don't want to waste motes on someone that it turns out I shouldn't have. I kind of have a feeling my best bet is going to be to get Shantotto decked out with the x3 5* and x6 6* ice witch stuff and use her with her USB2 for the dual cast (even though it's enLightning) which if I need to do that I can buckle down with the crystal grinding, but that's gonna be a LOT of grind. Definitely open to any and all suggestions though.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just to be sure, the attack killing Serah is Savage Heavensfall right? Its his first phase 2 move.

That attack is Wind/Earth, so its good to have dampen earth on one of your magicites

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

For physical, just get whatever you need for the characters you use.

For magical, rods with the exception of Dark, Holy and possibly Earth (if you have a good Red XIII)

Daggers otherwise for Red/darkness physical tuned into mage shenanigans.

Probably get the mind holy dagger first and pump 12 stones into it. Easy 274 mind with holy boost. Far outclasses any 6* pulled

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be sure, the attack killing Serah is Savage Heavensfall right? Its his first phase 2 move.

That attack is Wind/Earth, so its good to have dampen earth on one of your magicites

Correct, I'm not really sure how I'd slot a dampen earth magicite in this deck without taking a large offensive or defensive hit though. That said I'll see what accessories I've got on her. It's a close enough death some magia/diving etc would resolve it. I'm just not sure that I should be dumping resources/time into Serah or Seven though with what I have.

I also realized that I'm sitting on like 8 stones and I have no +ice mag weapons so I'll probably grab a rod AND dagger just for this.

Edit: Looking at Reddit clears, it seems like Terra AASB + Vali is actually a legit strat? Hmmm.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Once at the point of completing Magicite decks, something I've found incredibly helpful for torments and Dark Odin is making sure to have enough HP and healing fit in the decks somewhere.

First HP boon should hit something like 1500 HP. Second brings that up to 2250 additional HP. Heck, even a third is situationally useful as it's almost as much as 100 Magia dumped into HP.
A Lakshmi in there somewhere (oft. main for veil) with a MND boon often brings insta Medica entry up to the 8500 range.

When you can take an additional AOE before dying and spending 2 SB gauges covers an additional attack simply by healing a shit ton more, DPS options actually open up especially if juggling SB gauge to get offense up is an issue.

When everyone has over 10k HP, tanking 9999 AOEs from then healing back up will never not be hilarious.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
For physical, just get whatever you need for the characters you use.

For magical, rods with the exception of Dark, Holy and possibly Earth (if you have a good Red XIII)

Daggers otherwise for Red/darkness physical tuned into mage shenanigans.

Probably get the mind holy dagger first and pump 12 stones into it. Easy 274 mind with holy boost. Far outclasses any 6* pulled

Thanks for this Adept. You taking break from Opera Omnia?

I've bookmarked your post and Ahnez's post.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Looking at Reddit clears, it seems like Terra AASB + Vali is actually a legit strat? Hmmm.
Well, thats just how absurd Awakenings are. Against Manticore, her AASB is basically an execution, but it also works really well against Typhon and Geosgaeno (with Vali), and against Adamantoise (with Meltdown). Its kinda weird against Behemoth King (with Meltdown), since you don't want to break savage - but it works anyway.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so I actually managed to get a clear using this team:

u3OywtV.png

dssoA53.png

62QBoHs.png

I basically 1:1 followed this reddit post except with Vivi instead of Palom. Also my Rinoa has AOSB and not BSB, which she does manage to get off right before she got snorted. The +ice dagger and +ice rod are capped, went all out for this since I have a on of shards and this is a roadblock.

That said; I cannot replicate it lol. As per that link, on my clear OK got Fabula Priestess off right after the Sonic Boom before he got snorted, which let Elarra get her first USB off right after the first Savage Heavensfall. On all my subsequent attempts I either skip Sonic Boom (I really need to look at the AI for this, I assume I'm DPS'ing too fast?) in which case he gets Savage Heavensfall off but I haven't healed from the opening attack so everyone dies, OR if I slow-roll it until Sonic Boom he's usually at 4+ enWind stacks even with 2x Affliction Break and most of the team just cannot survive a Savage Heavensfall even at full HP. It wipes most everyone, but Vivi is definitely the biggest liability here; even dove and fully HP watered he's only got ~7200 HP, and I tried a variety of resists on him (mostly moderate and major earth) but Savage Heavensfall with 3+ enWind stacks still does like 9k+ to him. On my one clear I managed to barely survive the opening Phase 2 Savage Heavensfall but I'm just not sure how (I got very lucky with enAeros missing I guess? Sonic Boom was used that run), and he did die late-fight but by the point Typhon was down to like 25% and Terra was able to solo it; triple and quadcast procs on Vali capping are hilarious.

I thiiiiiink on paper my best bet is still Shantotto with her dualcast USB even if she's gonna have the same survivability problems Vivi will, but I'm nowhere close to having the crystals/orbs to hone the 5/6* witch stuff past r2 or r3 right now. Alternatively I could grind out some more magia for the team (Vivi doesn't have much) and max out HP and earth (?) resist? Also not sure if maybe replacing Famfrit for a double earth ward magicite would maybe help? I haven't done the 5* earth fight yet, but I've got a 4* double earth dampen.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah so I actually managed to get a clear using this team:

u3OywtV.png

dssoA53.png

62QBoHs.png

I basically 1:1 followed this reddit post except with Vivi instead of Palom. Also my Rinoa has AOSB and not BSB, which she does manage to get off right before she got snorted. The +ice dagger and +ice rod are capped, went all out for this since I have a on of shards and this is a roadblock.

That said; I cannot replicate it lol. As per that link, on my clear OK got Fabula Priestess off right after the Sonic Boom before he got snorted, which let Elarra get her first USB off right after the first Savage Heavensfall. On all my subsequent attempts I either skip Sonic Boom (I really need to look at the AI for this, I assume I'm DPS'ing too fast?) in which case he gets Savage Heavensfall off but I haven't healed from the opening attack so everyone dies, OR if I slow-roll it until Sonic Boom he's usually at 4+ enWind stacks even with 2x Affliction Break and most of the team just cannot survive a Savage Heavensfall even at full HP. It wipes most everyone, but Vivi is definitely the biggest liability here; even dove and fully HP watered he's only got ~7200 HP, and I tried a variety of resists on him (mostly moderate and major earth) but Savage Heavensfall with 3+ enWind stacks still does like 9k+ to him. On my one clear I managed to barely survive the opening Phase 2 Savage Heavensfall but I'm just not sure how (I got very lucky with enAeros missing I guess? Sonic Boom was used that run), and he did die late-fight but by the point Typhon was down to like 25% and Terra was able to solo it; triple and quadcast procs on Vali capping are hilarious.

I thiiiiiink on paper my best bet is still Shantotto with her dualcast USB even if she's gonna have the same survivability problems Vivi will, but I'm nowhere close to having the crystals/orbs to hone the 5/6* witch stuff past r2 or r3 right now. Alternatively I could grind out some more magia for the team (Vivi doesn't have much) and max out HP and earth (?) resist? Also not sure if maybe replacing Famfrit for a double earth ward magicite would maybe help? I haven't done the 5* earth fight yet, but I've got a 4* double earth dampen.
Since Typhon is 100% piercing, the second set of wards is only decreasing overall damage by ~3.5%. If the problem is Heavensfall, Dampen earth would work much better, but you would take ~3.5% more damage on everything else. But with Elarra, it should not be a problem.

Also, dont you have a blocker (HP boon 8, Blade Ward 8, Spell Ward 8) magicite? That would be much better than that Famfrit. And the HP boon would add at least 1200 hp to your characters, that alone could save you from being ohko'ed by savage heavensfall.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Since Typhon is 100% piercing, the second set of wards is only decreasing overall damage by ~3.5%. If the problem is Heavensfall, Dampen earth would work much better, but you would take ~3.5% more damage on everything else. But with Elarra, it should not be a problem.

Also, dont you have a blocker (HP boon 8, Blade Ward 8, Spell Ward 8) magicite? That would be much better than that Famfrit. And the HP boon would add at least 1200 hp to your characters, that alone could save you from being ohko'ed by savage heavensfall.

Actually I can do that now; I'm more or less following this magicite deck guide and that Famfrit is my original one aka for the Phoenix fight/before I had HP boon. I've since farmed the max optimal Phoenixes (*32*) but I actually totally forgot to go back and replace the water with a HP boon on that GDM >_>. I've been fairly focused on trying to finish my way around the magicite wheel so I hadn't gone back to really look at the "final" decks, just what I needed for the next fight. I'll toss HP boon on there (hoping I have enough spare arcana to max a new Phoenix) and see how it goes!

Edit: And I just noticed that guide dumps the 2nd double ward Madeen for a HP Boon/Fast Act one; I'll have to take a look to see if I can do that now, I think I've farmed all of the magicites I need up to this point on the wheel but not sure I've got anywhere near enough arcana to put that one in particular together right now. At this point with some of my new tools I can easily sub-30 some 5* magicites, I'm not sure if I've got the tools to auto battle one or not though, I need to look into that asap I think then.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The next two luckies are physical USBs and magical USBs right?

I've never considered skipping USB luckies so much before. I really want Cloud's and Squall's Awakenings

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Spent another 50 (after the first 25) on the chain banner because that's where I need the most stuff (and will probably need those more than AASBs). I only had 1 of the 7 CSB so I figured the chances were pretty good at getting something useful right?
Ended up with 2/22 Serah and Galuf LMR.
So now on one hand I don't want to pull on this cursed banner anymore but on the other hand, I don't have a magic ice CSB and I have no wind CSB either with wind and earth being the last magicites (apart from dark and Belias but water magic sucks) I did not beat. I don't see myself beating them without proper chains so I feel like I'm gonna be stuck for a long while if I don't pull more.
With only 250 mythril left for the fest banners I don't really know what to do anymore :(

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
The next two luckies are physical USBs and magical USBs right?

I've never considered skipping USB luckies so much before. I really want Cloud's and Squall's Awakenings

unless you're coming in relatively fresh to the game where 'any USB is a good USB' think of it as pulling a physical and magical BSB banner in 2017

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm looking at imperils for dark Odin I'm thinking about picking up Rikkus BSB and either Faris SSB or BSB. I have both of those chains. Also have Zack with BSB.USB, and chain so I could go that route if I chose to.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Spent some time this morning and farmed a bit, I'm out of arcana buuuut I was able to get my ice deck set up properly (minus MAG 20 which I don't have currently since I cannot clear Slydra). Excited to give Typhon another go in a bit!

dYW0XA7.png

ZWm0sMI.png

Oct 30, 2017
Onion AOSB here as well.
Nice. I'm hoping I can fit him into some teams again. He was a fill with just his USB3 for a few teams, but was replaced by specialists over time. Having a finisher might give him that extra bump. He's one of my favorites and I wish they'd give him an Onion Kid/Relm-sized costume and green/blue alternate colors.

Sarah and Biggs Glint from yesterday. Sarah's is pretty solid. Biggs... I have his USB, so maybe the elemental infusion stacking will come in handy at some point...

Freya USB (dupe) and Ingus USB from tonight's lucky. My Ingus is already central to my earth team since I don't have Galuf Chain. Problem is he also has his radiant shield Burst, so extra meter will prioritize that over his USB. Still a good pickup for an important character--options are always good!

Last edited: