• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Random question: How much inventory space do you have for abilities? I'm currently at 175 and struggling, but I don't want to spend mythril on it so close to the fest :p

Oct 25, 2017
Random question: How much inventory space do you have for abilities? I'm currently at 175 and struggling, but I don't want to spend mythril on it so close to the fest :p

I'm at 245/250. I have all ruby abilities created, 4 of the nightmare abilities not made. No idea what the max number is, but I'll have to expand soon.

Here's an curiosity: artifact elemental dagger under brave synergy 478 atk. Realm dagger under brave synergy 502 atk. Same numbers for the mage weapons. Was not expecting the realm artifacts to be superior in those contexts.

I pulled in the lucky and got prishes ability double USB, which is something I wanted for torment , I am just the full throttle away from getting a sub 30 there, want aphmaus USB and shans aosb. Lack of 6star lightning monk is a killer. Is there one in jp yet?

What day do the new ruby abilities release? Anyone know or guess?

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
I pulled in the lucky and got prishes ability double USB, which is something I wanted for torment , I am just the full throttle away from getting a sub 30 there, want aphmaus USB and shans aosb. Lack of 6star lightning monk is a killer. Is there one in jp yet?

I don't see a lightning Monk ability on this page yet, so if we do get one it'll be quite a ways off. Only thing coming up is the non-damaging Rousing Stance, which just seems tailored for SASBs.

Oct 25, 2017
Random Painted Highway thanks for the answer. So, I suppose with that number, you kept around a lot of the old abilities right?

3 snowspells, one is an r1
Doubles of most of the chaingas.
Maddeen and ogopogo dupes, can probably kill one of each now with 6*s
3 entrusts
4 wrath's and life siphons, could dump one of each
3 assault sabers
2 earth sabres, saints cross, sapphire shot dark zone.

I do have a few 3*s left breaks, ninja magic, for particular usage like Torments.

I haven't done a culling lately of old abilities. Fire blossom, when am I going to need that again?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017

I'm 221/235 on abilities. I have most of the ruby abilities and 2 or 3 copies of each chainga, 2 copies of most quad strikes, 3 assault sabres, a lot of Darkness abilities, at least 1 copy of each summon because nostalgia, but generally unless it's a super utility ability (pro/shell etc) I have very little that isn't a 5* or 6*.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a lightning Monk ability on this page yet, so if we do get one it'll be quite a ways off. Only thing coming up is the non-damaging Rousing Stance, which just seems tailored for SASBs.

Wow thanks. I haven't checked that in a while. Updated my spread, and holy crap do I need a ton of crystals. I think I'm good to r4 new ones through the jp Jan sets, but there is no time to backfill what I want to r5, at least en mass. Well, killing some or any Odin's would help...

Also of all the new abilities are ruby based, that's 2700 needed. I can probably drop a few hundred on legend notes and be ok for the next few months.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Argh, attempted Ice weak Odin a few times yesterday with the following team:

Celes - CSB/AOSB
Firion - BUSB, ice samurai
Squall - USB2/AOSB, SSS spam
Laguna - USB, imperil machine
Rosa - USB2

I can whittle him down to about 50% or so, but the he toasts me with one of his Aereoja's at around 50%. Not sure if I should be slotting in Bartz AASB somewhere - Firion works wonders in bringing down the rage level, but I really wish I had an OSB to help out.

People that have cleared ice Odin all seem to be running dual AASBs, but I think my issue with running Bartz AASB at all is will he keep up with enough damage if I replace Squall? For sure he'd be able to break rage, but I worry he will peter out in phase 3 once AASB runs out...I need to keep Firion because he can mostly reduce rage on demand with the BUSB.

back to the drawing board.

Oct 29, 2017

249/250

Anyone had any luck with Omega?

Not yet, but there's a clear on Reddit using Bartz + Sora AASBs and Laguna chain that I have the relics to replicate, so I'm hoping to beat it tonight.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
How's everyone doing on the damage race? I hit 21 million with my Mateus team, but I stopped caring 20 seconds in and just put it on auto for the last 10 seconds or so.

Christor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any luck against Omega (Ancient)? I feel like there's a secret there but I'm not sure. What does Dr Mog's special do anyway? I'm not really understanding it

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any luck against Omega (Ancient)? I feel like there's a secret there but I'm not sure. What does Dr Mog's special do anyway? I'm not really understanding it
In each phase, it steals one of Omega's moves. And on the final phase, you can use the move you stole.

Phase 1 is +100% atk/mag/def/res/mnd and haste.
Phase 2 is 99999 heal and last stand
Phase 3 is -99% atk/mag/def/res and damage
Phase 4 is a 99999 NAT attack.

After you steal a move, Omega itself cant use it anymore. And it will use Death instead

Christor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In each phase, it steals one of Omega's moves. And on the final phase, you can use the move you stole.

Phase 1 is +100% atk/mag/def/res/mnd and haste.
Phase 2 is 99999 heal and last stand
Phase 3 is -99% atk/mag/def/res and damage
Phase 4 is a 99999 NAT attack.

After you steal a move, Omega itself cant use it anymore. And it will use Death instead
So if I'm understanding, it's not wise to use Dr Mog on phase three?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm understanding, it's not wise to use Dr Mog on phase three?
No, it is very good to use it on P3. The -99% thing is Transcendent Meltdown. When you use Dr Mog's RW on P3, it will steal Meltdown from Omega, and it wont use it against you for the remaining of the battle, and on P5, you will be able to use that against Omega.

P1 and P2 moves are self buffs, P3 and P4 moves are offensive abilities

Christor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, it is very good to use it on P3. The -99% thing is Transcendent Meltdown. When you use Dr Mog's RW on P3, it will steal Meltdown from Omega, and it wont use it against you for the remaining of the battle, and on P5, you will be able to use that against Omega.

P1 and P2 moves are self buffs, P3 and P4 moves are offensive abilities

Oh! I gotcha now! Sweet. Thanks for the help

Oct 25, 2017
I killed ancient using my ice team. Stole parts 3 and 4. Death hit laguna before he could use chain. Relied entirely on double cast snowspells from bartz and squall. Tyro usb3 aerith usb2. Manticore did a ton of damage, it's nonelemental so no absorb. Finished with 2x life siphons from b and s at the end.

Oct 29, 2017
I never saw so many triple-cast+ in my life. I don't think he can do that fight again.

Tbh it was not too hard!

bd8ruVI.jpg

Like, this was only supposed to be a test run to figure out turn order. I didn't even have my optimized Magicite deck equipped!

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Debating pulling on this lucky. Got Meia's USB from the realm draw. Overall was pretty subpar from me. Lots of dupes

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Banner 1 got downgraded big time.

Ult USB was a nice consolation prize and Fujin USB is a dupe for me.

Still gonna pull as before since regardless of the consolation prizes, either of the 2 summoner AASB will cover all the magic tech I need until 6* magicites so still going full out until I get at least 1 of the summoner AASBs.

Banner 2 got way better but I don't need Wind tech. Its good enough that I might still make a pull depending on how much it takes to get me a summoner AASB.

Banner 5 also got better for me so 2 pulls on this banner.

Got 500 myths allotted for this fest so hopefully I get most of what I want.
Banner 1 (8 or until I get 1 summoner AASB)
Banner 2 (1 or 0 if banner 1 goes bad)
Banner 5 (2 or until I get 1 holy AASB)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My focus are B2 and B5. Squall's AASB is the grand prize for me. Seph and Celes on B5 are also on my priority list.

If B1 was not the first one, I would pull there as well

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
customary pre-fest snapshot

XJ6Kglb.jpg

6/17 sub30
5/17 non-sub30 kill
6/17 undefeated

amusingly even spread, lol

I PROBABLY could sub30 VII, kill II and XIII right now with a bit more magia grinding, and could kill III except I'm planning on Start Dashing 30 for an instant Sub30. As I posted before though I'm definitely not in the mood anymore for FFRK throwing hours of attempts at endgame (1st Odin aside) when lucksacking an AASB powercreep is way less headache.

Oct 30, 2017
6/40

Terra Arcane (nice!)
Strago Ultra (dupe)
Agrias Ultra (infusion, not imperil)
Rydia Brave (neat!)
Snow Ultra (hastega one, dupe)
Leon Materia (dualcast)

Some good pickups here. I have Terra Woke, so the Arcane is a good finishing touch. Rydia is a character I wish I had more stuff for, so this is good. Only have her earth infusion materia otherwise.

2/11 Banner 1
Fujin Chain
Dagger Materia

Already have Alph chain, so not ideal, but will come in handy if I ever get Alph Woke or Ultra (radiant shield).

And with that, I'm officially out of mythril.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Worst 40 pull ever. Noctis aosb dupe jwcht USB dupe bsb. 3/40.

2/11 fujin csb garnet lmr
3/11 dupe csb fujin USB rydia lmr
3/11 alphi aasb fujin aosb Shan lmr

Nearly a complete disaster.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
40 Pull - 3/40
-Zidane OSB
-Gilgamesh OSB (dupe)
-Freya LMR

Pretty bad. Zidane is alright since I have his Awakening so the attack boost is useful. Don't have anything good for Freya.

Banner 1 - 5/22
-Rydia Awakening
-Shantotto Awakening
-Garnet USB
-Rydia LMR3(?)
-Fujin LMR

Amazing! I wanted those two Awakenings the most, and I didn't want to do more than two pulls on the banner. Rydia's AOSB would of put it over the top, but I'm very pleased. :)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
6/40

Ramza USB2 dupe
Wol (not WoL) USB
Kain bUSB
Minwu USB2
Lulu LMR
Gogo V BSB

I'll also skip B1

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
4 pulls on banner 1 with Rydia aasb & Aosb, Alph aasb, and Fujin chain being the notable prizes with various lmrs as well.

40 pull wasn't great.

Firing Aosb, Ayame usb, dupe reks usb, dupe Maria usb, dupe gafgarrion bsb.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
40 pull: 6/40

- Gladio BSSB (dupe)
- Delita BSSB (dupe)
- Gladio En-Earth LMR
- Deuce USB1 (dupe)
- Yuffie USb2 (dupe)
- Rapha USB

Simply awful. That Rapha USB is never getting used. Gladio LMR might be useful in the future, but not now with just BSSB/OSB. He's not making any serious earth team of mine.

Banner 1:

1/11 - Alphinaud Glint (dupe)
3/11 - Garnet LMR2 x2 (dupes), Fujin USB
4/11 - Alphinaud Glint (dupe), Fujin CSB, Rydia AOSB, Rydia AASB

First pull was catastrophic, second was meh, third was awesome. My first magic chain of any kind, and in an element that, magic-wise, is one of my weakest (though wind overall is my strongest element by far;. this is my third wind chain). And of course, snagged one of the grand prizes in Rydia AASB and got her AOSB to boot. That should be enough to enable me to sub-30 my outstanding 5* magicites (Madeen, Ark, and Adamantoise) as well as get a win, if not sub-30, in IV Torment D???.

COuld have done without duping the only relics I had in the banner multiple times, but I'll take my grand prizes and run.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
5/40
Vincent Chain
Wol USB
Bartz Glint dupe
Strago LMR
Marach LMR

Fujin Chain 100 gem (I have Alph Chain though)
Fujin LMR/11

Happy overall

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
7/40
Ingus Chain
Red XIII USB
Celes USB (Dupe)
Marche LMR (Dupe)
Barbiccia LMR (Dupe)
Haurchefant BSB
Alma BSB

Think thats my third fire chain. Gonna look over the fest banners and figure out where/when to spend now.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Did two pull this morning:
- Fujin CSB x 2
- Fujin LMR (dupe)

Was a bit disappointed to not get a AASB but getting my first wind chain was still very nice.
Finally decided to do a 3rd pull... and got Alphi AASB and rydia LMR!
Super happy about this, now I have at least some chance to tackle earth magicites.

Saving 2 pulls for banner 2 and I'll keep 50ish mythril for LotR (Haven't pulled on a single one yet, but I figure 10 5*+ guaranteed is probably better value than one pull that will probably not give me an AASB).

40x pull result:
- Terra bUSB (did not have it, but have AASB/AOSB so I'm not sure it will be super useful)
- Vincent Glint (I think i've got pretty much everything for him!)
- Yuffie USB (the mirror one)
- Zack imperil BSB (seems nice, but without his chain, it's not super useful)
- Cloud BSB2 (dupe)

Not too bad I guess!

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
10/40 ... wow

1 dupe. Edgar arcane

Celes chain
Lion usb
Freya usb
Relm usb
Hauch usb
Squall ice usb
Gabranth burst
Lann osb
Ursula legend

Seems decent? Celes chain now gives me 3 ice chains.

Oct 25, 2017
10/40 ... wow

1 dupe. Edgar arcane

Celes chain
Lion usb
Freya usb
Relm usb
Hauch usb
Squall ice usb
Gabranth burst
Lann osb
Ursula legend

Seems decent? Celes chain now gives me 3 ice chains.

Wow glad someone did well!

That lion USB is really great for the torment. Instant full breakdown and two quick casts. Combine with her ld doublecast thief and you can really hammer away. Add an artifact fire or wind dagger for huge damage. You will burn through the hones though. I have her with both 6* assaults.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Ok posting my pulls so people can feel better when they get a shitty pull.

100 mythril and only Alph's Glint and Rydia's LMR to show for it.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, looks like Leviathan is out in JP. All 6*s seems to have the same Blessing + All Boon passives, which is fine, but I wonder how it will work on Alexander, since Surging Power is uninheritable.