• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I got 3 Fujin CSBs on my first pull (right after getting Alph CSB from the chain banner)

Got a total of 4 Fujin Chains and 1 dupe Fujin USB.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
so i just offhand remembered Sazh had an mblink SSB, got it off lens and went from 65% to an easy kill lol

XPSiH5P.png

edit: i'm also realizing that the ruby mines are fast drying up lol

Last edited:

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Beat lightning-weak Dark Odin.

Rosa USB2
Edge USB0
Ashe USB1 + AOSB
Shantotto AASB + AOSB
Garnet Chain + USB2

Shantotto's AASB is ridiculous. Especially if you have her triple cast LMR. I had one failed run where she quad-casted twice lol
Radiant shield is nice too have for this fight. He dishes out so many multi hit attacks, especially in phase 3. Was surprised that I got it within 3 or 4 tries.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Beat lightning-weak Dark Odin.

Rosa USB2
Edge USB0
Ashe USB1 + AOSB
Shantotto AASB + AOSB
Garnet Chain + USB2

Shantotto's AASB is ridiculous. Especially if you have her triple cast LMR. I had one failed run where she quad-casted twice lol
Radiant shield is nice too have for this fight. He dishes out so many multi hit attacks, especially in phase 3. Was surprised that I got it within 3 or 4 tries.
Shanny's triple cast LMR will be my next Lv2 lens purchase. I can't wait.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very close against boundless Zeromus, I'm sure it had less than 50k hp left on my last try. His last phase is really brutal though, maybe I should try skipping it with AOSBs

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
So over the past week while I've had free time I've managed to figure out a Manticore sub-30 autobattle team that's about 90% consistent. That really motivated me to level up all my farmed magicite to finally set up my decks proper and it gave me the push to finally buckle down and after some struggles beat AND fully farm Typhon, Ark an Deathgaze. Super pleased right now. We're not gonna talk about my Ark clears though (was pretty consistent but a total slog at about ~1 min) but I even went the full distance and farmed 8 Ark drops to drop a MND 20 on Lakshmi for full optimization.

All I've got left to do now is to go back and get 4 more Lakshmi drops to create an upgraded Unicorn magicite (Lakshmi + double ward), Slydra which is a total no-go for me currently, and Heca/Adam who I haven't touched. Assuming I don't get lucky with Squall AASB tonight on banner 2 (I've only got enough for one pull) I'm half considering looking up one of the ridiculous Slydra radiant shield strats because it's really driving me crazy that I can't do it. Either way I'm finally really close! Then I'll start looking at the Torments.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
HP+MND lakshmi is far better than double ward. Why reduce another 4% (assuming it's the 2nd) when you can have another ~750 HP and overheal till blue in the face

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a bit too late since you already farmed it but I think you only need 3 of any magicites for the stat bounds as they max out at level 80 iirc.

FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THIS

F

Also Falk that's not a bad idea I suppose? Most deck build guides on reddit don't build the extra/2nd Lakshmi as a Unicorn replacement, the one I'm following suggested an extra one with double ward for Torment purposes. I actually have 4 extra phoenixes, and since I accidentally farmed an extra Ark I could just buckle down and do 2 more?

Edit: I guess it would depend on the fight though? My GDM has a HP Boon on it so there's one there and that's in every deck.. Then I have 4 Madeens: ATK/ATK, MAG/MAG, double Ward and HP/Fast Act. So in my case if I did do double ward on this Lakshmi I could just run the HP/Fast Act Madeen and still have 2 boons, although I'm trading the MND 20 away I guess.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dont know if this is relevant, but just as a reminder, Lakshmi cannot replace Unicorn against Lakshmi herself, as the overflow attacks are Holy only, and will heal her.

So, dont fodder off your Unicorn

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Personally, I think if you have to bring Unicorn for Astra against Lakshmi, or have to bring Astra at all, you're already in a bad state.

But regardless, definitely don't fodder Unicorn.

MrDaravon re: deck building

I stopped following guides months ago. Now I just use the following template:

- Triple empower
- Dampen with HP Boon/Dampen
- Phoenix/Famfrit/Mateus blocker (HP Boon/Blade/Spell Ward)
- Madeens (ATK/ATK, MAG/MAG, ATK+MAG, HP+Fast Cast)
- Lakshmi w/ HP/MND Boon

Also made the following extras for specific fights:
- Quetz w/ Empower Lightning x2 (generic lightning imperil)
- Mateus w/ Empower Ice x2 (generic ice imperil)
- Syldra w/ Empower Wind x2 (generic wind imperil)
- Madeen w/, Deadly Strikes x2 (for Cloud/100% critical chance teams)

Currently working on a Madeen w/ Healing/MND Boon when I need Surging Power but need to boost my healer(s).

I personally have never been sold on wards on Madeen. Especially post-nerf - more HP is better.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's similar what I'm doing; I've just seen people float a separate Lakshmi + double ward around specifically for Torment astra purposes. I don't need one generally speaking outside of maybe some sort of real specific fight (i've got most/all of the top Astra SB's).

The deck guide/build I've been following (which I'm done with now anyway minus this Lakshmi and the 3 magicites I just haven't beaten) just has every deck with:

-3 Empower element
-2 Surging Boons
-2 ATK or MAG Boons
-2 HP Boons
-2 Blade Wards
-2 Spell Wards
-2 Dampen Elements
-1 Fast Act if possible (2 elemental decks can't squeeze this in)

I've got 4 Madeens; ATK/ATK, MAG/MAG, Double Ward and HP Boon/Fast Act. Most of this I'd already put together before the Ward nerf so I could see the value in a Madeen w/Healing and MND Boons and more HP in general etc, but currently I'm already kinda past that point and I'm only short-term worried about finishing out the 5* magicites then the Torments. If push comes to shove I can always come back and make adjustments if I need to, but I've already got the flexibility currently where I can just drop the 2nd set of Wards on Madeen and equip a HP Boon/Fast Act Madeen instead so I'm kinda covered in that regard anyway I think? About 30-40% of these decks already have double ward built in so I'm running that HP/FA Madeen anyway as-is, I can just start running that more.

Last edited:

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Pulled again.

No Rubber Suit.

Getting desperate. Only 5 pulls for IX in 2 days (just got another 50 mithril from fest/realm dungeons)

gen 2 wind chain is very much appreciated

QWsOKF7l.jpg

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
By gods MCA

So, I got 8/44

Deuce LMR
Zidane Awakening, Cloud +sword LMR, Noctis +sword LMR
Cloud en-wind LMR
Cloud Awakening, Cloud +sword LMR, Cloud en-wind LMR

Not what I was going for, but now wind is my strongest element by far

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jesus, this banner was not kind to me at all. Got most of what I wanted, including my number 1 want, thankfully, but it took everything that I had.

2/11 - Noctis Glint 2, Deuce USB3
3/11 - Cloud En-Wind LMR (dupe), Deuce LMR2, Squall LMR3
1/11 - Deuce LMR2 (dupe)
1/11 - Squall LMR3 (dupe)
1/11 - Cloud Glint+
1/11 - Zidane AOSB
1/11 - Cloud AASB
/11 - Cloud AASB (dupe), Noctis AOSB2, Squall AASB

If only that last pull had Zidane and/or Noctis AASBs, I'd be perfectly satisfied despite emptying my mythril. As it is, this was brutal. 1/11s everywhere. first four pulls were basically garbage, getting the three things I did not want before I started pulling anything decent.

Down to 18 mythril. Maybe I can get enough to do a Hail Mary pull on Banner 5 for Sephiroth. I'm at 10/14 here, so even if I could recover in time I shouldn't pull here again.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Went 1/11 Noctis arcane. Gee thanks game. An elemental arcane only for a character that doesn't have access to anything else elemental besides on this banner.

Did a 100 gem afterwards and got a disco which turned out to be a dupe Noctis arcane. Awww yisssss.

In other news I downed quetz but damn that's a rough fight. Does he have more hp than others? Took forever to down. Thought my physical Earth was on point but I guess not.

That leaves 9 5 stars left to down. Only Earth and dark have been beat by both physical and magic.

Of the 9 remaining I suspect I can beat Mateus, Syldra and maybe adamantoise.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
3 pulls
Awakenings squall noctis zidane
Aosb noctis zidane
Glint noctis
Lmr cloud- sword one, squall quick start

No cloud aasb but definitely pleased! I think I'm done until the 100 mythril pull.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not as lucky on banner 2 as the first, but I got the top prize I was after.

11/55

Cloud Awakening
Zidane Awakening (dupe)
Cloud Glint+ (x4, loool)
Zidane AOSB
Noctis Glint
Cloud LMR6 (x2)
Deuce LMR2

And with that, I have every single wind based relic that Cloud has. Crazy.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
2 pulls
1/11
Cloud wind LMR (dupe) ... come on game!
5/11
Noctis AASB
Deuce USB x2 (I have all her USBs I think!)
Noctis sword LMR
Cloud sword LMR

Overall not super happy since what I needed most was ice and wind stuff but I guess an awakening is an awakening right?

I guess I'll just skip Syldra/Typhon for now and see what else I can do.
With fujin CSB and Alphy/Bartz AASB I guess I can take a shot at both earth magicites and maybe Belias with Alphy as DPS.

Also, what is you take on those sword LMR? Seems like something with not much use? Or would it stack with standard Scholar Boon and stuff like that?

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I did 3 pulls on Banner 2 and did 2 of my 3 planned gem pulls here instead of Selects because my only sticking points currently are Slydra and Hect, and Cloud AASB currently has no recurrence in Japan. I've got 2 Hects cleared but it's an enormous struggle, but was mostly hoping for Squall. I failed there, but that said I really can't complain here. Across my 3 pulls I got:

-Deuce LMR and USB3
-Zidane Arcane
-Noctis Sword+ LMR and AASB
-Cloud enWind LMR, IC/0SB enWind 6* Glint and AASB

Hect is...obviously not an issue now. So that said I've got 3 questions:

1)I have no idea how to Cloud. I somehow kept stumbling into most of his stuff BUT any of his USBs, so I legitimately can't remember the last time I even used him. I've got his: Wind QC chance LMR, enWind LMR, enDark LMR, enDark Glint, IC enWind Glint, SSB1, BSB1, BSB2, OSB1, OSB2, AOSB1, AOSB2, AASB

Ignoring that I guess I could probably slot him into an Earth team using Heavy abilities, and definitely a Dark team if needed with his Dark stuff, what's the best way to use him on a Wind team? I can't remember how enelements stack; should I be doing enWind LMR + Wind QC LMR + Sword+ RM then in battle the IC Glint into AASB? Is there any point to still grabbing any of his USBs? I never got them so I'm not sure how the interactions work etc.

2)Similar to above, how do I Noctis? I know people are a bit mellow on his AASB because it's not enelement, but it's still a AASB and covers multiple elements, and he can use a variety of schools. With this pull total I've got his Combat w-cast LMR, Sword+ LMR, and his SSB/Glint/BSB/USB/OSB and AASB now. The "problem" is that all of his stuff is mostly Combat focused, and the elemental coverage on his AASB/w-casts are going to come from other schools. I'm guessing just because it's an AASB it's still gonna be good enough to warrant bringing for physical elemental fights and just have him use Samurai/Dragoon etc w-casts?

3)Does any of this stuff give me a chance in hell against Slydra now? Rinoa is my only ice chain. My best physical ice options that I've been trying is Laguna (ice imperil USB + Icy Offering + Freezing Snipe) and Squall (Ice Glint/BSB2/USB1/USB2) but I just can't do the damage. I feel like Laguna is kind of a requirement for the imperils due to Slydra's barIce, but would I maybe be able to make Noctis or Cloud work with I guess 5/6* Samurai stuff? They wouldn't be able to w-cast anything as far as I'm able to tell (I would murder Cloud to be able to use SSS) but they'd maybe still be able to break cap at least? I'm desperate here lol. I could do another pull on this banner in hopes of Squall AASB but I know that'd be very foolish.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I did 3 pulls on Banner 2 and did 2 of my 3 planned gem pulls here instead of Selects because my only sticking points currently are Slydra and Hect, and Cloud AASB currently has no recurrence in Japan. I've got 2 Hects cleared but it's an enormous struggle, but was mostly hoping for Squall. I failed there, but that said I really can't complain here. Across my 3 pulls I got:

-Deuce LMR and USB3
-Zidane Arcane
-Noctis Sword+ LMR and AASB
-Cloud enWind LMR, IC/0SB enWind 6* Glint and AASB

Hect is...obviously not an issue now. So that said I've got 3 questions:

1)I have no idea how to Cloud. I somehow kept stumbling into most of his stuff BUT any of his USBs, so I legitimately can't remember the last time I even used him. I've got his: Wind QC chance LMR, enWind LMR, enDark LMR, enDark Glint, IC enWind Glint, SSB1, BSB1, BSB2, OSB1, OSB2, AOSB1, AOSB2, AASB

Ignoring that I guess I could probably slot him into an Earth team using Heavy abilities, and definitely a Dark team if needed with his Dark stuff, what's the best way to use him on a Wind team? I can't remember how enelements stack; should I be doing enWind LMR + Wind QC LMR + Sword+ RM then in battle the IC Glint into AASB? Is there any point to still grabbing any of his USBs? I never got them so I'm not sure how the interactions work etc.

2)Similar to above, how do I Noctis? I know people are a bit mellow on his AASB because it's not enelement, but it's still a AASB and covers multiple elements, and he can use a variety of schools. With this pull total I've got his Combat w-cast LMR, Sword+ LMR, and his SSB/Glint/BSB/USB/OSB and AASB now. The "problem" is that all of his stuff is mostly Combat focused, and the elemental coverage on his AASB/w-casts are going to come from other schools. I'm guessing just because it's an AASB it's still gonna be good enough to warrant bringing for physical elemental fights and just have him use Samurai/Dragoon etc w-casts?

3)Does any of this stuff give me a chance in hell against Slydra now? Rinoa is my only ice chain. My best physical ice options that I've been trying is Laguna (ice imperil USB + Icy Offering + Freezing Snipe) and Squall (Ice Glint/BSB2/USB1/USB2) but I just can't do the damage. I feel like Laguna is kind of a requirement for the imperils due to Slydra's barIce, but would I maybe be able to make Noctis or Cloud work with I guess 5/6* Samurai stuff? They wouldn't be able to w-cast anything as far as I'm able to tell (I would murder Cloud to be able to use SSS) but they'd maybe still be able to break cap at least? I'm desperate here lol. I could do another pull on this banner in hopes of Squall AASB but I know that'd be very foolish.

1) With your relics, you can use En-wind and Sword+ LMRs, and bring his 6* glint, Awakening ang AOSB. Then, just get enough SB gauge, 6* glint -> Awakening -> 3x 5* wind spellblade -> AOSB. If you have a wind Chain - specially if you have Zack's chain - most things will be dead at this point.

If you can get his USB1, his damage cap will be 99999, instead of 19999. That increases his max damage potential by 5 times. Clouds USB1 -> AASB is probably the most powerful combo in the game right now. Cloud is basically how people deal with physical Titan

2) Noctis Awakening works very well by itself. Just Awakening -> ability spam. For fire, he can use the 6* samurai, for lightning the (still unreleased) 6* Ripper Plasma, and for earth, I guess the multi-hit Heavy abilities.

3) Icy Offering is almost mandatory against Syldra. Since you have Laguna's USB, bring him with the offering. With Squall, his USB2 is more consistent than his BSB2, but BSB2 has a higher damage potential if you're lucky with W-casts. You can try to use Cloud/Noctis with the 6* Ice Samurai ability, but I'm not sure they can break 10k against Syldra, and you will need a way to beat her after High Stakes

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
1) With your relics, you can use En-wind and Sword+ LMRs, and bring his 6* glint, Awakening ang AOSB. Then, just get enough SB gauge, 6* glint -> Awakening -> 3x 5* wind spellblade -> AOSB. If you have a wind Chain - specially if you have Zack's chain - most things will be dead at this point.

If you can get his USB1, his damage cap will be 99999, instead of 19999. That increases his max damage potential by 5 times. Clouds USB1 -> AASB is probably the most powerful combo in the game right now. Cloud is basically how people deal with physical Titan

2) Noctis Awakening works very well by itself. Just Awakening -> ability spam. For fire, he can use the 6* samurai, for lightning the (still unreleased) 6* Ripper Plasma, and for earth, I guess the multi-hit Heavy abilities.

3) Icy Offering is almost mandatory against Syldra. Since you have Laguna's USB, bring him with the offering. With Squall, his USB2 is more consistent than his BSB2, but BSB2 has a higher damage potential if you're lucky with W-casts. You can try to use Cloud/Noctis with the 6* Ice Samurai ability, but I'm not sure they can break 10k against Syldra, and you will need a way to beat her after High Stakes

1)I have both Faris and Zack chains, so yeah I should be good lol. I imagine I'll grab his USB1 from lens. This AASB not having a recurrence yet in Japan was what tipped me over the edge into pulling, so this is a great consolation prize from not getting Squall.

2)Makes sense.

3)Yeah, I tried Syldra running OK/Aerith/Squall/Laguna/Noctis w/Noctis running the 5* x5 Iai Hellfrost at r4 instead of Rinoa and nooooope lol. Depending on savage mode and imperil stacks (or lack thereof) Noctis was only doing ~5-7k a hit. I don't have him Magia'd or using the 6* skill but he was using a maxed out ice artifact sword, I can't imagine those two things doubling his output to make it worth it here :/. Squall was still capping with just glint + SSS lol. I think the Slydra dream continues to be dead for now :(

Oct 30, 2017
Did all of the anniversary stuff and caught up on realm dungeons some. Used the mythril to pull Zidane Woke + both Cloud Materias.

Zidane Woke seems very strong. I have his USB2 and dual cast materia already. Seems like the USB2 finisher goes well with Woke, but other than that there's not too much synergy. Though, the thief boost will help cap earlier.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Tried Belias for the first time with a new team including Woke Alphy.
Could not understand why my Strago was all squishy. Figured he missed some HP from 4* dives or something like that.

Went into the Record Sphere menu...
Turns out he was level 80 :D
That's what happens when you haven't leveled a new character in a long time!

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
3 pulls on banner 2
Zidane AASB,Squall AASB,Noctis,AASB,Deuce USB2?,Cloud 6*GSB, and cloud sword LMR. Very satisfied with those.

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up doing 4 pulls on banner 2. This was my first pull:

ailrfBcl.png

Got excited when I saw 5 discos. Laughed when it was 3 flutes in a row. After 4 pulls I got:

Cloud AASB
Cloud Glint+
Cloud En-wind LMR
Deuce USB3 x 5
Deuce LMR
Zidane AASB x 2
Noctis AOSB

Overall I'm happy with the pull even though I missed out on Noctis/Squall AASB. After getting my 5th copy of Deuce's USB I decided that I have had enough of the banner. Have about 120 Mythril for the rest of the fest. Not sure if I'll spend it on the fest banners or spend 100 Mythril to get Elarra's USB2 to go with Tyro's USB4.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Did all of the anniversary stuff and caught up on realm dungeons some. Used the mythril to pull Zidane Woke + both Cloud Materias.

Zidane Woke seems very strong. I have his USB2 and dual cast materia already. Seems like the USB2 finisher goes well with Woke, but other than that there's not too much synergy. Though, the thief boost will help cap earlier.
USB2 adds only the finisher, as the Rank Boost from USB2 doesn't stack with Rank Boost from the Awakening.

The finisher is -really- powerful under Awakening though

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
BRIHeWD.jpg

Getting the timing right going into the last phase is annoying, but I did it. 👍 (Under 30 seconds too, which I wasn't even trying for.) Didn't even get a single LMR double cast for Cloud or Bartz in this run, either.

MVP Soul Break? Zack's SSB Apocalypse!

Last edited: