• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
35s on IX D???. I think sub30 is possible with my current setup, I just need a better execution.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this on my 100 gem pull. First time I've hit on the 100 gem in I can't remember how long.

6a84b52a2f0dd1f01cb87dd51bda059c.png

I now have awakening coverage in every element both physical and magic.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
So this happened:

jED0EsY.png

quadcast all imperil proc on turn 1

0.35 x 0.1 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5

0.0021875 odds

should've rolled gacha

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Edea USB
Basch USB2?
Beatrix Glint
Lion LMR
Rikku LMR dupe
Locke BSB dupe
PCecil BSB dupe
DCecil BSB dupe
Rosa BSB

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I got

Locke AOSB
Rydia earth bUSB
Wedge glint
Auron glint
Zidane w-cast LM
Bartz BSB1
Cid 7 BSB dupe, Kain BSB dupe, Vanille BSB2 dupe

That was amazing. Zidane LMR was on my priority Lenses list since I got his Awakening, and then I got it for free. Rydia USB is nice, that increases my earth magic power by quite a lot. Nothing else for Locke, but an 20+1 AOSB is always welcome.

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Free pull:
Laguna USB
Basch USB
Krile Glint
Terra Glint
Rydia LMR
Ace LMR
Sephiroth LMR (Dupe)
Tidus LMR (Dupe)
Cid (VII) BSB (Dupe)

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Golbez BSSB2 (dupe)
Dorgan BSSB (dupe)
Fujin BSSB (dupe, 3rd copy of this, so I can +++ it now; not sure if I want to though)
Cid XIV BSSB
Noel meme BSSB
Serah Dualcast Ice LMR
Gogo VI LMR

Curilla USB
Tidus bUSB

Tidus bUSB is a +10 for a favourite character, though I don't know how much use it will get (could be good for D.Odin I guess?). Curilla USB will help push me over the edge for XI D??? dub-30. Serah dualcast is nice, though she still only has her BSSB1. The rest are junk/dupes.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
5Y8fXOT.jpg

Pretty cool. Edgar's AOSB will be particularly useful.

Now let's see if I can get 89 Mythril before July 18th!

Oct 25, 2017
Ursula aosb
Galuf USB
Laguna bsb
Marach bsb
Garnet bsb2
4 dupes

Stats for 3 characters I use at least. So close to that second lab lmr...

2 pulls
Vaan USB dupe
Vaann glint new
Lightning lmr new
Tyro 4 selection

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Zero dupe!

Noctis Glint (combat ability boost? okay -.-)
Reno BSB
Snow IC1/Haste LMR (could be useful for my Syldra team maybe)
Gau BSB
Locke Imperil BSB (could be useful for Torment?)
Thancred w-cast (don't have much for him but could be nice for torment if I get something else)
Rubicante BSB (+fire armor)

Bartz USB2 : Nice, I was missing this one, guess it will be better with AASB than USB1
Zeid USB : Always nice to get something for a realm where I'm pretty weak.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't remember the rest, but 2/9 disco:

Basch Ultra (boost/haste)
Alph Brave (radiant wind)

Really nice pickups. One for torment and the other solidifies my wind team. I already have Alph Chain, but I host got Fujin Chain, so having a radiant shield weekend an overflow Brave to pair with it is nice.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Tyro USB4 is pretty much the concensus if you don't have it for the USB select right?

Hows his AASB, I know its coming out in the next fest does it powercreep the USB4 much? Would it be better to save the 100 myths and pull on that instead. (The USB select banner is pretty trash)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Tyro USB4 is pretty much the concensus if you don't have it for the USB select right?

Hows his AASB, I know its coming out in the next fest does it powercreep the USB4 much? Would it be better to save the 100 myths and pull on that instead. (The USB select banner is pretty trash)
Tyro's AASB is a better version of his USB4, but like any awakening, you can use it only once, so there's that.

Tyro USB4 is self cast spd x3, party haste and crit 50%, and increases party crit by 10% for each support used.
Tyro AASB is infinite support hones, self rank based cast spd (up to x3), party haste/crit50%/atkdef+30%, increases party crit by 10% for each support, and increases crit damage by 50% for 1 turn after 3rd support.

His awakening is a clear powercreep over his USB4, but that USB is still -very- good, and also nothing guarantees you will get his awakening

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Tyro's AASB is a better version of his USB4, but like any awakening, you can use it only once, so there's that.

Tyro USB4 is self cast spd x3, party haste and crit 50%, and increases party crit by 10% for each support used.
Tyro AASB is infinite support hones, self rank based cast spd (up to x3), party haste/crit50%/atkdef+30%, increases party crit by 10% for each support, and increases crit damage by 50% for 1 turn after 3rd support.

His awakening is a clear powercreep over his USB4, but that USB is still -very- good, and also nothing guarantees you will get his awakening

I wouldn't think cast amounts matters too much with a buff SB, either way you're only probably going to use it once. Unless of course they're last shorter like chains.

How long does the AASB buffs last, is it much shorter than normal? Does his LM2 increase the buff time. Also does the additional support/crit buff increase/reset the duration?

Also its not so much about Tyro AASB being better than his USB4. Its more than next fest Banner 1 is a 1000 times better than this USB Select.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't think cast amounts matters too much with a buff SB, either way you're only probably going to use it once. Unless of course they're last shorter like chains.

How long does the AASB buffs last, is it much shorter than normal? Does his LM2 increase the buff time. Also does the additional support/crit buff increase/reset the duration?

Also its not so much about Tyro AASB being better than his USB4. Its more than next fest Banner 1 is a 1000 times better than this USB Select.
I believe everything lasts for 15s as usual. His LM2 should only increase the duration of the atk/def+30% from AASB. I couldn't find any specific source, but it looks like each support use resets the critfix duration.

Yes, the AASB banner is much better, and if nothing major changes, it will also have Elarra's AASB.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Also look at the next fest banner if you like it! Doesn't help if you just want Tyro's AASB and the rest may not be useful to you. So in that case it's better to pick his USB4.
Personally I'm not hot on the Garland/Vaan stuff. So the banner is kinda meh to me.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Also look at the next fest banner if you like it! Doesn't help if you just want Tyro's AASB and the rest may not be useful to you. So in that case it's better to pick his USB4.
Personally I'm not hot on the Garland/Vaan stuff. So the banner is kinda meh to me.

None of the banners next fest looks good to me honestly. I was gonna just do one pull on the OK AASB banner and call it a day.

I think another reason I don't care for Tyro USB4 that much and can wait to roll for AASB is that I don't have an immediate need for it, I already sub 30ed every physical weak magicite. Other than Odin this isn't going got help me much. Plus my tech being so far away from being able to complete 6* magicite doesn't help either, I probably need synchros to powercreep them.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
so i was trying XI to see how far off I was (need Aph and Relm USBs for XI and VI respectively) and i accidentally won because prishe and lion decided to proc dualcast like 80% of the time

n2k8zUkl.png

8ZS98Vhl.png

lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Prishe and lion are great for that. And with legend motes available can dive dive dive. I have both with USBs which make them crazy strong in realm.

I've gone on a spree and now have sub 30d: 5,6,8,9,14,15,T, and 0. So 8 down. Still can't kill 1 or 2.

Relic targets:
1-???matoya or master USB??
2-minwu usb1
3-??
4-??rydia usb2?
7- have pieces need to try
10-?? Rikku usb2?
11-full throttle for aph USB and shans aosb
12-?? Need to try since getting larsa and vayne usb2s
13- nabaat lmr

Need to hone chain thundaja to r5 for 3, 4, 12
Necro count to 5 for 2 and 3

I don't think the next few months of abilities will hell me unfortunately.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
QPECvVh.png

This is where I'm at with all the sub35s generally needing either magia (XI is literally at like 3-10 magia right now lol) or spamming attempts for better dual procs.

** represents first sub30s with an AASB i.e. rekt, who cares what everyone else in the party has.

For someone 'waiting for AASBs for easy sub30 torments but not bothering otherwise' I'm doing a really bad job of 'not bothering otherwise'

Actually come to think of it, I'm pretty sure all this is sub30able with lens picks and spamming artifacts, but artifacts are definitely being prioritized towards Dark Odin right now.

edit: god damn this just needs some good procs and it's toast

lydG9Gtl.png

important for me since ticking off VI and XI (nonsub30, that's fine for short term) would deprioritize Aphmau/Relm USBs from lens and let me pick up Laguna USB earlier to help Ice-advantage Odin.

Last edited:

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled. 100-gem trash

4/11 with 3 discos! But 0 wokes
Gabranth CSB
Yuna USB
Bartz USB dupe
Seifer Glint

I'll take the chain

Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or did these banners fall off a cliff after 1 and 2. Probably just because I have Terra, bartz, and sephs aasbs? Dunno

I need to tackle an Odin but it's just such a pain.
Aasbs-
Bartz
Terra
Squall
Noctis
Alphinaud
Riku
Sephiroth
Zidane

I have at least a 1.0 chain for almost every damage type and have tyro usb4 and elarra usb2. What Odin first? Hmm.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Wind advantage and Fire advantage are generally kinda roasty but if you have the means to stack imperils fast they should be fairly straightforward with 2 AASBs

meanwhile it's time for SURPRISE STAGE PLAY

The Plight of the Little Artist: A Tale Told In Pictures

*cue music start*

z6oY5a0l.png

"HWA HWA HWA HWA I HAVE KILLED ALL YOUR FRIENDS and Edgar is only good for making inappropriate comments;
What are you going to do now little girl, HEAL me to death?"

JhgygHBl.png

"Wait, little girl, what are you doing?!"

7l72OaCl.png

"GYAAAAA, foiled again!!!"

what let me win was swapping Relm BSB to Relm SSB because 4.5k + last stand is kinda useless compared to 9999 from SSB

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Single AASB is fine if you can mosey around breaking rages until go-time at maybe 70% where an AASB will last through Odin falling over.

BUSBs are incredible for this. Some elements have a much easier time juggling 5* magicite call/attacks around Gugnir to break rage too.

Earth has a freebie in the form of Stone Press

edit: I feel if it was a toss up between [chain + 2 AASBs] vs [chain + imperil + AASB], I'd take chain + imperil + AASB. If your chain holder can also imperil (Rikku, Zack/Faris, Laguna, Prompto, Vincent) you've got another freebie.

Elemental RS are also incredible because of the barrage of AOEs in P3, where each turn will typically reflect 4x5x4000ish, for 3 turns

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Fire weak odin is just killing me. Either he toasts me, or I stay alive without doing too much damage. Got him to about 60% health on my best run so far.

I'm rolling Noctis/Bartz AASB and Bartz is really the only one who can seemingly do any significant damage under chain.

Team looks like this

Bartz USB1/AASB/AOSB
Noctis AASB
Vincent CSB/BSB2 (radiant shield)
Aerith USB2
Onion pUSB

Magicites:
Belias Damp Bliz 10, ATK Boon 15
Madeen x2, Fast Act 10, Health Boon 8, ATK Boon 20 x2
Phoenix Emp Fire 15, MAG Boon 15
Mateus for Blade/Spell Ward 8, Health Boon 8

I run Onion as a healer/entrust and it gives me total survivability for the fight as I can just hold off on Aerith's Last Stand till needed after first cast or so. I can build the chain pretty quick as well, but heaven help me if Odin goes to rage 2 or above as I have a real tough time breaking the 10k mark even under Awakening. Vincent is terrible at imperiling, but I need him for the chain otherwise i'd use Edgar.

I have Locke CSB/imperil BSB as well, but I think the lack of meter would see him run out of gas for imperils pretty quickly....

Noctis is doing like...6-7k under awakening which doesn't help me. In my farthest run, I ran out of the pUSB boost and was hesitant to recast since Noctis' AASB gives him 100% crit and I didn't want to override it with OK's 50% crit.

Have tried subbing in Ignis BSB for OK and feeding Bartz Crit fix + crit damage, and that works well, and he then hits for around 16k except I lose survivability lol.

Back to the drawing board....

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have magia/artifacts on that team? Noctis should easily break 10k

edit: Also chain timing I guess- you wouldn't want the chain to be resetting around the time he gets to spamming Rage 3 from abilities AND HP%

Is Bartz carrying anything on 2nd slot? You could also run the fire/earth 4hit for a higher per-hit-multiplier to help break 10k, then stagger the AASBs so Noctis lasts through P3 while Bartz sets up the first phase and gets Odin to 50%

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have magia/artifacts on that team? Noctis should easily break 10k

edit: Also chain timing I guess- you wouldn't want the chain to be resetting around the time he gets to spamming Rage 3 from abilities AND HP%

Is Bartz carrying anything on 2nd slot? You could also run the fire/earth 4hit for a higher per-hit-multiplier to help break 10k, then stagger the AASBs so Noctis lasts through P3 while Bartz sets up the first phase and gets Odin to 50%

Magia: Bartz has 100 Magia in ATK, Noctis has 51 Magia in ATK
Artifacts: Have 1 fire sword at 45/50, Noctis is carrying another (regular 6*+) +fire sword.
Abilities: Bartz: Inferno Assault/Lifesiphon, Noctis: Damning Flame/Fire-Touched Blade

I'm timing the chain so that it goes up as Bartz is casting AASB, should I delay it I wonder until AFTER Bartz uses up gauge for AASB? Currently Bartz (DMT) is LS spam until 4 bars total, then USB1, then (Chain), then AASB, ability spam.

Should I forgo the USB1 on Bartz I wonder and go straight for the jugular? After all delaying AASB until USB1 is up takes a couple turns that could potentially be used to break savage early.

Also, I'm delaying Magicite Summon until after Odin does Glepnir.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah fire-advantage is defo magicite after Gleip

I'm currently running
Chain- Gilg (useless otherwise lol)
Imperil- Edgar
AASB- Bartz
Entrust/wall- Tyro
Heal- Elarra

and using the damage RW to help break savages since I have to save Bartz AASB for the p3 push. I'm guessing that's not an option since OK pUSB makes up for magic chain which then mandates wall RW

f8Rd0SDl.png

Had a kill attempt whammied because I misjudged his HP (thought it'd push him to P3 for the grav opener) and decided to put it off till I get 150 Magia on dps. (Helps that Bartz was on the water kill and Edgar was on 6 so they're already at 100)

edit: I'm thinking that generally DPS doesn't want to be on DMT/MM for prolonged fights as that's a big hit to damage

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fire-advantage is defo magicite after Gleip

I'm currently running
Chain- Gilg (useless otherwise lol)
Imperil- Edgar
AASB- Bartz
Entrust/wall- Tyro
Heal- Elarra

and using the damage RW to help break savages since I have to save Bartz AASB for the p3 push. I'm guessing that's not an option since OK pUSB makes up for magic chain which then mandates wall RW

f8Rd0SDl.png

Had a kill attempt whammied because I misjudged his HP (thought it'd push him to P3 for the grav opener) and decided to put it off till I get 150 Magia on dps. (Helps that Bartz was on the water kill and Edgar was on 6 so they're already at 100)

edit: I'm thinking that generally DPS doesn't want to be on DMT/MM for prolonged fights as that's a big hit to damage

Good call, I'll have to farm more Magia for Noctis then...I assume you are running Bartz on AASB only? No USBs to supplement damage? If so I guess that means I can dump DMT for damage.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Generally if they're saving AASB for P3 they're gonna be using that SB for something to support the AASB lol

It's the ones tasked to breaking rage early that probably would go AASB first.

e.g. for water I had Tidus and Bartz, Bartz went AASB right off the bat, Tidus built up gauge for USB->AASB (then hilariously missed his AOSB cuz Odin died while it was casting)

for my fire setup I'm having Bartz USB first to help do some damage, then get Entrust and go USB->AASB at 65% for the push to chain-break through all the HP% Rage levels

edit: what rank samurai is Noctis using?