• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Noctis is using Daming Flame R4, Fire-Touched Blade R3.

Tried a bit of a different set up dropped Vincent and ran with low magia Locke using BSB1/Chain, and dropped OK pUSB for Elarra for even more heals.

Wasn't expecting to get very far, but made my biggest push yet, with Sap being the stupid move that did me in mostly. I pushed Odin to just before P3, but where I screwed up was getting Elarra to use Ode to Victory while Noctis was under AASB, overwriting his 100% crit.

Going to try again with this team as it seems most stable so far, just need to time the AASB right (which I feel is the hardest thing to do!) so Noctis can start his AASB earlier, and hopefully bypass the Odin's Sap.

Oct 25, 2017
Since the topic is fire Odin
What team is best
Bartz noctis Terra aasbs
Vincent Locke csbs
Plus tyro4 and elarra1-2 and onion pusb

Have imperil USB and aosb for Locke as well. Do not have Vincent's double lmr.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
dear ffrk ot

today i found out ive been reading the turn guide spreadsheet for dark odin all wrong

njfvDJ8.png

literally thought all this time it was forcing you to have wall/proshellga but it's the opposite since only a few attacks AREN'T piercing; now suddenly parties are much more open ended

(already killed 1 and close to 4 more too elements barring magia farming, talk about self-inflicted handicap)

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Since the topic is fire Odin
What team is best
Bartz noctis Terra aasbs
Vincent Locke csbs
Plus tyro4 and elarra1-2 and onion pusb

Have imperil USB and aosb for Locke as well. Do not have Vincent's double lmr.

I'm probably not all that qualified to talk about it, but seems like you've got all the tools to pull it off. I think you could probably go any of those combos (though watch out for Tyro's crit% boost for Noctis while he's under AASB) and pull it off. I've had far more luck with Locke's CSB with Bartz/Noctis than I have with Vincent FWIW.

Highly recommend to have all your characters above 10k HP after waters/magia/magicite stat boosts though from what I've experienced.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Tyro's crit boost is worth pressing anyway- you're going to have it at at 80% and beyond in no time considering how it's used.

And yeah from my experience here's what matters the most for Dark Odin from highest to lowest:

- Chain, Gen2 highly preferred
- at least ONE AASB
- Wall/Proshellga (LOL)
- 10K HP and an instacast medica that hits for at LEAST 8500. Increasing DPS while also increasing surv (Elarra, Relm, etc) are a huge plus, almost mandatory unless you're stacked for DPS
- High-ass hones esp. for AASB rank boost interaction, but also to not run out @ P3
- a way to break Rages early (magicite can work depending on element, BUSBs, second AASB otherwise 99,999 damage RW. Overstrikes CAN work but I can count the number of videos that pull it off with Overstrikes with one hand and jesus the execution is insane). Fed by next three:
- Imperils for virtually all elements (good luck with Earth)
- Crit for phys or the ability to almost always have magic quickcast up for mag
- Boostga if running off-chain. (A second boostga also does help even with diminishing returns which is why phys chain+ignis is such a common combo)
- Burst for P3
- Radiant shield alternatively for P3

General tips
- You want to study the turn chart to see where Rages go up and be prepared to either bring it back to 1 or 0 before Zantetsukens or have a way to survive and heal
- You'll want to have an AASB to get through P3. If you're running only 1 it's important to find ways to whittle Odin's HP to ~65-60% before AASB while also managing Rage.
- Some elements dictate using Magicite call earlier or later depending on when Gleipnir hits
- That high HP and healing throughput is almost mandatory- it opens up your team for MORE DPS if you have to entrust the healer LESS, especially since the heavy hitters want to combo an AASB with something for P3, or imperil dudes need some additional help to get stacks up
- If you have an ASB, the best time to use it is actually right before P3 triggers because Odin generally gets like a billion DEF/RES once his saiyan VFX kicks in
- Elemental RS in P3 is worth ~300k-400k damage if you have it up and keep your guys up through the three multielement blasts into the fixed damage attacks. Odin has a shit ton of DEF/RES but no more damage reduction Rage levels so Elemental RS hits for full value and stacks chain up to insane numbers.
- The hardest part of the fights really are figuring out how to manage Rage in the opening 20s before you're ready to go
- Chains recasting around the time Odin stacks 3 Rages make things needlessly hard- getting into a situation like that probably means rethinking chain timing and/or when/how to use the break tools available.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Got Fire Weak Odin down to p3 finally, then he toasted me with his stupid aoe attacks. Roughly 1600 HP per hit, really need a last stand here and medica ready to go.

My problem is not enough meter for Aerith. I've been bringing along the Fabula Priestess RW and using it to survive the early stages until his first Savage Zantetsuken...

Changed my team to:

Noctis - AASB
Bartz - AASB
Vincent - chain and fire radiant shield
Aerith - healz
Edgar - imperil fire machine

I've decided to roll both AASBs ASAP to bypass his Northern Cross, now I just need to figure out a way for more heals without being reliant on RNG. More HP magia I guess...

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Celes (CSB/ability double USB)
Ignis (BSB)
Elarra (USB)
Laguna (SSB lmao)
Squall (AASB BSB2)

^failed for a couple of hours

Serah (CSB/Radiant)
Aerith (USB2)
Elarra (USB)
Laguna (SSB)
Squall (AASB BSB2)

radiant shield is so broken this lineup killed Ice Odin on the 3rd try, despite no boostga (lmao) and Laguna trying his best with an outdated imperil SSB

GWklBzsl.png

shEvw9Al.png

stupid phone barfing itself instead of taking a properly timed screenshot

2 healers made survivability a nonissue especially when they're the two best pre-AASB healers in the game.

Chain shot right up to 150 hits in P3 because Odin shat himself silly for 60 hits, and I'm amused Squall BSB2's CMD2 capped for 21 hits without boostga and not really making much of AASB rank boost.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
A disappointing finish to what was, well it wasn't a disappointing fest, but it sure feels disappointing since I spent so much for relatively little.

3/11 - Rosa USB2 (dupe), Eight USB, Celes AOSB

Three discos is one of my best pulls in this fest. But once again, dodged all the real (new) prizes.

I had two dupes on this banner, and Rosa USB2 was one of them. My last 50 mythril and still duping hurts.

Eight USB is ace. Dunno if I can fit it on a proper ice team, but it should be fantastic for Type-0 D???

Celes AOSB is completely worthless to me. I have nothing else for her aside from SSB and BSSB2, so this is never getting used. She never failed to disappoint me with her terrible damage when I used her, even when Runic was good.

600 mythril spent in this fest alone for 3 AASBs (and 1200 for 4). I suppose it could be worse. At least I got my no.1 want in Cloud AASB, plus I got enough, I think, to sub-30 my 3 outstanding 5* magicites (already sub-30'd Ark, just Madeen and Adamantoise left) and enough to sub-30 another 3-4 Torment D???s. I should have enough to get two wins on D.Odin. So I can't say the Fest was bad, but it was very expensive. The last time I spent this much on a fest was last June, and I did much better relatively there than here. The ratio of good to crap pulls was pretty bad this time around, with only 3 good pulls out of 12.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1/11 dupe Rosa USB2. That was my last 50 mythril, so thats it for this fest. Got 2 AASBs and a few LMRs in 300 mythril. Didn't get the ones I wanted, but Cloud/Zidane AASBs are far from a bad result.

Oct 25, 2017
1/11 seph aosb. Really wanted, just need his double lmr for the full deal, awakening, USB pants glint.

That eight USB is phenomenal. Particularly with the ice monk ability just released. Really strong for that torment and elsewhere.

Oct 30, 2017
That eight USB is phenomenal. Particularly with the ice monk ability just released. Really strong for that torment and elsewhere.
I think I have and just used that. Is it the last stand/monk chase? I've no idea when I got it, but used it in my Torment mastery last night that I'd been putting off. Maybe when Rem Woke came along. Apparently, I have Ultras for almost every Type-0 character, but never really noticed it happening because I don't give a shit about the source game. It was useful for spamming instant last stand.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finally beat Belias... With off Element Alphinaud AASB and Strago OSB (and a little help from OK).
A weak ago I was planning on skipping Belias because I don't have any magic water tech and now with an off element AASB it was rather easy. Crazy how useful are those summoners AASB! (Terra AASB off element helped me beat Geos the same way)
Now I'm back to Syldra I guess...

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call Alph aasb off element for any magicite battles since he gets summoner boost and his dual cast is summon based. More like minor element. Especially for summoners since they cap easily. It's why alph and rydia aasbs are the best two magical aasbs they cover all 8 elements well and can single dps all magicites.

Off element would be like Terra aasb since there no water/Fire Magic's.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
daily disco, but it's a dupe of Tidus chain.

Got real close to beating Odin last night. Just a bit more (manual) magia grinding and I should be there.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Finally fire-weak Odin down... KH owns.

RW - damage RW
Sora - AASB, BSB, LMR, Thundergod RM - Lifesiphon -> 3x 6* fire Spellblade -> BSB -> AASB -> hope for triple-cast cmd1 -> cmd2 spam until phase 3 (maybe hold one before Gugnir so aren't suddenly at save mode rank 3) which should be around 25 seconds -> AOSB
Axel - AASB, LMR, fire+ RM- Stitch in Time -> Ruby Spark (because what is a 6* fire sharpshooter ability?) -> AASB -> Ruby Spark spam -> AOSB around the same time as Sora
Vincent - Chain, BSB2, LMR, Ace Striker - Burnt Offering spam (hope for imperil procs because otherwise you don't get enough SB points) -> chain (hold it until both AASBs are ready and can be used immediately after you clicked the chain -> Burnt Offering -> BSB2 -> magicite -> Burnt Offering or during phase 3 damage RW
Elarra - USB1, MM - 2x Lunar Ifrit -> USB -> Curada -> USB -> Lunar Ifrit (I think) -> USB - maybe another USB?
OK - pUSB, LMR, DMT - USB -> 2x Wrath -> Entrust to Sora -> Entrustbot for Elarra -> during phase 3 use a RW

This is extremely RNG heavy because you need the imperil procs and you need Sora to triple-cast his cmd1. Even then it was really close.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Fire with 1 AASB is painful because of that stretch where Dark Odin decides to just say screw it and does a 3stack rage, right about the time you're also running into HP triggers. I'm at the point I'm tempted to start grabbing OSBs off lens just to break.

Also I'm 99% sure I've seen a couple of attempts where Edgar is multicasting machinist imperil and then for some reason it jumps from -1 to +1 (no, it's definitely not barfire)

Come super close a few times, just gonna spam Magia to 200 or something. It'd only really take Bartz RNG quad/quintcasting right before P3 but I don't feel like throwing attempts at a 3.5% chance.

QPdP5rOl.png

On this one Elarra had like 200 too little HP and I have no idea what Gilg is doing

Oct 25, 2017
Mistake was trying dark and fire weaks first. Ice weak went down in 40.79 on the fourth try.
Snows USB reflect shield is actually useful.

Aerith USB lmr
Snow usb2 bsb(last stand)
Squall glint-aasb-bsb2-aosb
Laguna csb usb1
Elarra USB
Boom. One down!

Edit-this was so "easy" I didn't even read the script beyond use dispel on turn2. Granted two healers, two last stands, radiant shield, chain2.0 and an aasb...hah

Edit 2:. And no artifacts used and didn't use the tyro4 elarra2 combo.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Also I'm 99% sure I've seen a couple of attempts where Edgar is multicasting machinist imperil and then for some reason it jumps from -1 to +1 (no, it's definitely not barfire)

Ok so it's not just me that noticed that on my runs. I've had that happen to me and it's super weird. Like, the game didn't give me any notification that Odin was doing null fire or anything, so what the...

My last few attempts have barely gotten me out of the initial stages. I think I need to take a breather from this fight and go do something else. I'm close though, so maybe tonight or this weekend.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Wait wait wait, I always thought that using a + on a - stack reduced the stack and vice versa. Having two separate + and - stacks that overlap but also maintain their own separate duration actually makes sense but is hilarious at the same time.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait wait wait, I always thought that using a + on a - stack reduced the stack and vice versa. Having two separate + and - stacks that overlap but also maintain their own separate duration actually makes sense but is hilarious at the same time.
Each individual stack of imperil/bar has its own duration. The game just shows the sum of everything.

Oct 30, 2017
3/11

Celes Woke
Celes Materia (ice infusion)
Rosa Ultra2

Very pleased. Celes was the grand prize and Rosa would've been an acceptable consolation on her own.

Rosa better than Elarra because of Wrath, or worse because no Bard access?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
3/11

Celes Woke
Celes Materia (ice infusion)
Rosa Ultra2

Very pleased. Celes was the grand prize and Rosa would've been an acceptable consolation on her own.

Rosa better than Elarra because of Wrath, or worse because no Bard access?
I use Rosa waaaaaay more then Elarra.

That might change if/when I get Elarra's USB2, but for now, Rosa's the queen IMO.

friz898

Oct 27, 2017
Florida Panhandle
ShinUltima - I was super fast skimming through the last 2 page 50 posts worth of content and saw you say Genesis.

YES YES YES!

Edit: Ahnez - finally did the artifact thing. I have 0 artifact coins left now. Got all daggers because really thinking about it and googling more info to get exact stuff is hard. Just covered the elements really. I should have remembered Adept's post too because I could have gotten rods! lol.

Now to go pick the anima lenses. I still need to go do magicite and torments. I haven't touched anything really since Dec/Jan

Oct 25, 2017
Dark phys turned mages are too powerful, I haved tried the reverse because no need.
Riku op
Seph op
Hell I Leon magia'd with an artifact bow doing crazy damage doublecasting (ld) necrofear in the II torment.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
3/8 odin ded

wga157hl.png

Revisiting "what's best for fire odin" - I really, really wouldn't recommend doing this with a single AASB but... it somehow worked. Lots of skin-of-the-teeth health amounts with occassional deaths on high rolls made this pretty RNG.

Balthier - USB1/OSB (Ace Striker)
Gilgamesh - CSB/BSBsomething (MM)
Elarra - USB1 (TGM)
Tyro - USB3 (DMT)
Bartz - BSB/USB1/AASB (Vuln)

Some stream on consciousness thoughts:
- I'm severely, SEVERELY undergeared for this. Greg was pretty much useless waiting for chain to run out so he could recast it and pretend to be useful. His LM2 + Elarra haste meant almost-instant SB/Magicite casting though.
- Edgar actually really sucks for this. Sure he can RNG 4 hits off the bat and has a high average imperil over a large sample size, but lacks consistency and you want Odin to be at -1 or lower fire def around the time the Rage 3s start getting spammed. Had Balthier USB1 which turned out to be a much, MUCH more consistent imperil stack.
- Timing Magicite call literally right after Gleipnir hits so the next two attacks (incl Zantetsuken) are at 1 rage is crucial. Pushing to 90% at this point meant Rage 2 and ded on Zantetsuken
- Still had problems making it past the Rage 3 spam phase till I realized Balthier was going to do shit damage anyway and swapped out his damage RM for Ace Striker, which gave me a few extra bars to spam his OSB to break rages. Even then it was a juggling act between stacking enough imperils and breaking rage
- With a single AASB I had to make it count as much as possible so I trotted out Bartz' only source of fire attach, his BSB
- Elarra spamming Curada w/ TGC gets enough gauge to use USB on her own for the first cast, which lets Tyro entrust 1 1/2 bars to Bartz for the above
- No Tyro USB4 meant weaving casts of 5* crit dance into Elarra's turn order. Hilariously enough since all the attacks in this fight are AOE it wasn't so much keeping people up as it was gauge. I MIGHT actually have had a better time with Rosa (USB2/glint) but I absolutely needed those crits to break Rage3s.
- Bartz had both Blastspell and Inferno Assault. Blastspell's higher multiplier breaks rages better.

All in all the perfect run *still* relied on a shit ton of stuff lining up and I only managed to burst P3 down with an AASB/USB/attach quadcast, 2 Fabula Mage and an additional Cyclotron from Balthier

For magicite I'm running
3x HP,
1x blade ward
1x spell ward
2x Ice Dampen,
20MND,
Healing buff,
2x Surging power
2x 20ATK
1x fastcast
3x boost fire
1x crit damage

EGNvQIA.png

In case it helps any, my turn order for Elarra. E means USB after that attack. BOM = cyclotrons to break rages (previously Fabula Mage but I ended up saving that for P3). The stretches in between are survivable with Elarra USB only, and people generally having 11500+ HP (yes, 11500. Elarra cheats by having the major resist accessory). Aerith may actually be a better choice for this, but I needed Tyro to be able to machine gun wrath/entrusts, and again lack of Tyro USB4 stings here for no self-QC.

edit: Wind attempts
t79s1ebl.png

Literal 3rd attempt after swapping Elarra for Rosa who is undeniably better for this as you can mblink the hardest hitting attacks in the sequence after Zantetsuken.
- Decided to go with something other than Cloud who would just steamroll this while lighting a cigar
- Alph AASB + 3stack EnElement + -2 wind def + r5 Dark Valefor can reliably break Rage 3 with decent chain. (only at 30 magia right now too)
- man Omni Resist makes Phase 3 tankable since you get slapped for ~1200x4 instead of ~1600x4. This would have been a kill with another Omni-Resist since that'd be more people up for Radiant.

That makes:
Water clear
Ice clear
Fire clear
Wind is in the bag
Earth is a 'probably' with hones (r3 quakestrike right now with 20 power crystals, will be a while)
Dark is a possibility although I haven't really looked into it
Holy and Lightning are probably hard-blocked by relics unless I want to go deep into Lens Shop for AASB-less runs. Have Ramza and Prompto chains at least.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
100 gem got me OK realm CSB. Might be my first 5*+ ever on 100 gem pulls!
Since I'm pretty weak at FFIII this might help. Not sure how awkward it will be to juggle OK boostga with his chain now though.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Update with recent hard fights:

Transcendent Omega Weapon:

I curbstomped this with the godly wind team in 29.15:

Aerith (LM1+LM2): R2 Hastega, R4 Curada, DMT (USB2)
Bartz (LM2+LMR): R4 SSS, R5 Life Siphon, Wind DMG+ RM (USB2/AASB), double wind boost
Cloud (En-Wind LMR+W-Wind LMR): R5 Raging Quadstrike, R5 Life Siphon, Truthseeker (Glint+/USB1/AASB), double wind boost
Zack (LM1+LM2): R4 Flash Disaster, R5 Life Siphon, Acestriker (CSB/BSSB), double wind boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R4 Enfeebling Jitterbug, R3 Crushing Tango, MM (USB1)

Magicites: Syldra (Empower Wind x2), Typhon (Empower Wind x2), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Lakshmi (HP Boon/MND Boon), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast)

HP accessories on everyone.

Nothing special here. Had to look up the script to see what moves were coming in Phase 1 since I lost characters a few times (didn't realise Terra Break came so early), but basic plan was build gauge in Phase 1 then blitz. I dropped chain around the 15 second mark and with max imperil and Cloud/Bartz at full power, Omega Weapon got 0 turns in P2 (skipped Transcendent Curaga), 2 turns in P3, 1 turn in P4, and 1 turn in P5. Cloud just brutalized him. Every Cloud turn was 70,000+x8. I could have dropped AOSB at the end, but nah - Raging Quad was enough. Bartz helped a bit, but this was all CLoud.

I stole Transcendent Meltdown (and used it in P5 after his Transcendent Aura) and Transcendent Ultima just to be sure, but it was unnecessary.

D350 Dreams Masked Man:

Ugly, ugly, ugly fight. Mastered in 43.XX, but it was an absolute slog at the end.

Elarra (LM1+LM2): R2 Hastega, R4 Curada, MM (USB1/BSSB)
Freya: R3 Multibreak, R4 Enfeebling Jitterbug, Gathering Storm (USB2/BSSB)
Marcus (LM1+LM2): R4 Dash&Slash, R1 Mug Bloodlust, Thief DMG+ RM (USB1), double fire boost
Zidane (LM2+LMR2): R5 Storm Assault, R2 Steal Power, Scholar's Boon (USB2/AOSB), double wind boost
Quina (Lm1+LM2): R4 Entrust, R5 Wrath, DMT (Proshellga Unique)

RW: Wall
Magicites: Syldra (Empower Wind x2), Hecantoncheir (HP Boon/Dampen Lightning), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Lakshmi (HP Boon/MND Boon), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast)

Wind resist on Slots3-5, fire resist on slots1-2

Okay, so right off the bat, I now realised I had the wrong equips on Marcus. I initially ran him with Fire Assault, hence the fire+ equips, but then changed it to D&S because I found the damage was terrible. But clearly I forgot to change his equips. His damage was still terrible, and even with double wind boost, was still likely to be terrible, but it definitely would have helped.

Otherwise, the plan was simple: Debuff and grind him down, like did against Ugallu. Use Quina to entrust to Elarra to keep everyone alive/speed up the party. I learned my lesson with the previous two in trying to speedblitz them down, so I didn't bother with that this time.

The problem, though, is that even though I had better burst damage here than in XIII, I didn't have the DPS longevity of a Raines BSSB. On a number of runs, including my winning run, I ran out of hones on R5 Storm Assault with maybe 15% HP left, and had to rely on entrusts to spam USB2 and other poverty junk to win.

I think I went too defensively here. Unlike in the IX Torment, Marcus wasn't really pulling his weight here and I don't think his Mug Bloodlust contributed much. Should have run a better DPS like Vivi USB1 or Kuja BSSB1. I guess I wanted to put my Zidane with his new AOSB to work (gee, what would I want his AASB over his AOSB, RNGesus? Thanks! >:( ), but it was lacklustre. Probably should have used it to skip P4, but if I got hit by his Mug, it wasn't doing even close to cap damage.

I tried with full realm team with EIko BSSB as healer. Was going fine until Phase 4 Dream Ow slapped me for 20,000 damage. I think I might have not overwritten a buff in time, but Christ. I had at least 4 other debuff layers and it didn't mean a damn thing. I brought in Elarra with USB1/BSSB to deal with that and Sap (could have brought Selphie w/ USB1, but decided Elarra would help speed things up).

As it is, I had to spam Elarra BSSB in P5 to keep people alive long enough to win, throwing everything I had left (Zidane spamming USB2, Freyh had to resort to using her goddamn BSSB and its CMD1, and summoning Syldra again when I got the chance). I got to around 85% in 30 seconds, and it took about 13 seconds to remove the last 15%.

Not a fun fight, though I definitely made it harder on myself. Dream Ow! is bullshit regardless, though.

Devastation Nemesis 2:

Solo clear to call it a day. REally not in the mood to be playing this for hours right now.

Faris (LM1+LMR2): R5 Storm Assault, R3 Full Break, MM (CSB/SSB), double wind boost
Ignis (LM2+LMR): R4 Entrust, R5 Wrath, Ace Striker (BSSB)
Cloud (En-Wind LMR+W-Wind LMR): R5 Raging Quadstrike, R5 Life Siphon, Truthseeker (Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB), double wind boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R3 Warrior's Hymn, R3 Crushing Tango, DMT (USB1)
Aerith (LM1+LM2): R2 Hastega, R3 Dispel, GAthering Storm (USB2)

RW: CLoud USB1

Hp accessories on everyone.

Used a similar setup as KNightLord on Gamefaqs but I was using Cloud in place of Bartz. Wasn't too bad, but was a bit more of a slog at the end than I anticipated though. I messed up my Cloud USB1 refresh at the beginning of Phase 2 and probably had Aerith on standby to get Hastega back up a little long, and lost some time. Didn't stack imperils fast enough so it took a while for Cloud's damage to ramp up. Also dropped his AOSB way too early, Nemesis had about 25% HP left, after which AASB ran out, and no long after En-Wind ran out with no way to refresh, so the last HP was a slog of spammed Cloud USB1s to finish off. Was never in any danger thanks to OP healer duo of Aerith and Elarra.

Glad that's over with. Aside from the ticket dungeons which I'll finish off later, I'm officially done with fest.

D.ODin and new D??? Torment attempts will wait until after Full Open/Double Greens finish.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
That's impressive. I'm waiting until we can more omni-resist accessories before trying for more clears. Does that update come soon?

Couple of months I think

4/8 Odin

Wind advantage was far, FAR, far easier than Fire advantage. The puzzle is stacking damage to bust through Rage 3's 0.4x savage. It's totally fine to leave it up while setting up since it doesn't increase Odin's offensive capability (outside of Zantetsuken).

refused to use Cloud (replacing Bartz) which would have steamrolled this poor sucker (USB1/USB2/6*glint means he gets up and running fast)

but I had a lack of firepower

so i benched tyro and trotted out the secret weapon

ONION KNIGHT BSB

AirXsedl.png

I'm going to spend the rest of the open time on power up dungeons for now. Earth can wait since I need power crystals for r5 earthstrike anyway

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try holy weak odin?

My only awakening that conceivably hits holy is, I think, alphinaud. But my chains are phys, ramza and warrior. And my only busb holy is iirc pencils which isn't a cap breaker.

Hmm.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
oldman OSB spam

edit: on a serious note Holy has a very similar pattern to Fire in that it just drops a "screw you" Rage3 after first Zantetsuken so if you don't have a bunch of ways to break through that you're in for a bad time.

And Fire was already bad enough with 1 competent AASB.

(On the flipside it's probably easier to stack Holy imperils if you have Agrias stuff)

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
edit: on a serious note Holy has a very similar pattern to Fire

lmao I actually was just kinda OTOH saying it was similar, never realized HOW similar till I actually put them side by side

JkmMf7Q.png

edit: And now I'm actually belatedly realizing there are a lot of similarities between three sets of Dark Odins

Oct 30, 2017
Finally started Odin. I'm so close to taking down holy weak Odin. I just need to get Ramza, Rosa, and Celes to 10k HP to survive whatever the hell Odin dropped on my head in his last phase... or just time a stoneskin from Ramza before it. Water, magicite optimization, and any magia I pick up from daily orb farm should cover me. I had three Arcane queued up, but only one landed when we got hit with 9999. Orlandeau and Agrias were still almost able to kill him through the regenga ticks. Next weekend, I'll have his head.

My team is kind of insane. Figured I should start with my best element. Three Arcane, Chain, and two Woke.

Agrias Ultra1, Arcane, Materia (dual cast)
Ramza Burst2, Glint, Chain, Arcane, and Materia (dual cast and IC1)
Celes Burst1, Woke, Glint, Arcane
Orlandeau Overstrike, Glint, Woke, and Materia (dual cast)
Rosa Ultra2

Agrias was able to imperil really well. If I'm lucky, I'll mix in her Ultra2. Ramza opens with Burst2 for the early hastega. That way Rosa can go straight into Wrath to get first Ultra2 cast up right on time. Using Lakshmi as primary, but I'm not sure if it blocked anything, so I might switch to Madeen prime... at least, I think she does more damage.

Shadow780

Nov 16, 2017
So I've been skipping the end-game contents in this game since torment dungeons and 5* Magicites. Just been doing the events (difficulty 300 and below).

I think I'm ready to dig deeper into those contents now, but first I have to do some house cleaning, my regular inventory is full (750) and the vault is almost full as well.

Should I just shard every weapons that is 5* and less, since Artifacts are the ultimate stats sticks now.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
- Obviously, be careful of what you haven't mastered (use the soulbreak/material => unmastered filter)
- Keep +elemental weapons and armor. You're not going to replace everything with artifacts just yet.
- Keep resists accessories for a full team for each element
- Other than that, I usually use the synergy simulation and sort by atk/mag/mind for weapons and def/res for armors and keep everything that makes it in the top for a particular realm (might want to be careful for rarer weapon types as well)
- I also keep status resists accessories but I never use them so...

Shadow780

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks will do!

Should I keep elemental resist armors too?

There's no reason to combine dupes anymore right, since it's more beneficial by turning them into rainbows.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks will do!

Should I keep elemental resist armors too?

There's no reason to combine dupes anymore right, since it's more beneficial by turning them into rainbows.
Resist armor is quite situational. There are a few instances where they can help, but usually you will want +elem armor, or just high mnd armor.

Since you can only have one of each artifact, some teams will want more than one +elem weapon of the same type - like a phy holy team usually will want 2 or 3 +holy swords, so you should still keep a few strong +elem weapons.

Oct 29, 2017
Resist armor is quite situational.

That's for sure. I thought about this and the only recent fight I can remember elemental resist armor being meaningful was Syldra; I put a lightning resist armor on my healer to go with the major wind resist accessory.

You'd only EVER want elemental resist armor on a healer or support, and there are so many choices now for multi-element resist accessories that the use case for resist armor is extremely narrow.

I haven't sharded any of mine yet but I probably should just do it.