• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Took out earth weak odin, so 4 down
Bartz lmr usb1 aasb (mistake didn't have aosb equiped otherwise faster kill)
Tyro lmr usb3 usb4
Ingus csb bsb
Elarra lmr usb1 usb2
Tifa aasb usb2 aosb
Mage
Adamantoise

I did burn an artifact on Earth sword and honed ironfist earth to r5 for this, already had tremor assault at r5.

Edit lightning will tackle after new abilities, should be a good kill.
Dark I am very close
Water ??? May have pieces
Holy no shot.

Full throttle taking xi. Can sub30 torment with that. Think I'm sub50 now.

Oct 25, 2017
So 3/4 of my kills included radiant shields in the back half fire, earth, ice weak
3/4 include high levels of imperil wind ice fire weak

2.0 chains fire ice weak
1.0 chains wind earth weak

2 aasbs fire wind earth weak
1 aasb ice weak

Tyro elarra combo wind earth weak
Aerith elarra combo fire ice weak

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
4/8 (9) Odin's down, Earth weak has bit the dust.

This guy has a proclivity for rage, more than I've experienced with other Odins.

To date, in order of difficulty

Fire>Earth=Water>Wind

Whether or not fire is actually the hardest (also my best clear time to date) or because it was my first clear, I can't be sure.

N7rTnnE.png

Still have:
Ice - Might be doable, but only have Firion's bUSB
Lightning - Noctis AASB...maybe...
Holy - Nope
Dark - Maybe some combo of Cloud USB1/Sephiroth USB2 ?
Poison (do we count this one, really?) - Edgar OSB...

of my four clears:
2/4 have used Radiant Shields (Fire/Earth)
2/4 have used 2 AASBs, others were 1 AASB (Earth) and 1 AASB + Cloud USB1 (Wind)
3/4 Used Stacked Imperils (Water and Earth weak used the most)
3/4 were using gen 1 chains (Fire being Vincent 2.0 chain)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, that's close. RW finishing blow?

Had some fest acquisitions that I still needed to master. Rotated my daily team to work on that and realized I have Seifer Woke, apparently? Forgot pulling this. Even with that, I have better dark and fire options between Terra, Butz, Sora, Riku, and Cecil., so maybe that's why I pushed it from memory so easily. Is it even realistic to fit a third or even fourth Woke party member between all the buffing, imperil, and healing requirements?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, here's my elemental results

Fire: skip for now
Lightning: Shantotto glint (dupe) and BSB, Steiner USB (lol)
Earth: Bartz earth BSB (dupe), Ursula USB
Dark: Gabranth OSB
Holy: Arc BSB
Ice: Serah LMR, Squall Awakening
Water: Kimahri Glint+
Wind: Angeal BSB (dupe), Kelger USB

Around 100 mythril got me an Awakening and most importantly, Steiner legendary USB, so I cant complain here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Took a chance on the Holy draw since it has Fest relics in it.

1/11 - Angeal USB

Not a bad thing to have in a vacuum, actually, but doesn't help me much with my actual current Holy tech. I need modern DPS dammit - I'm still stuck on 2017 tech!

And seeing all these Odin clears has actually de-motivated me further. Too many "I'm far away from that" setups, even though I theoretically should have the firepower for several, but I don't feel like spending 6+ hours per attempt to find a solution. Has anyone tried a mixed team of Rydia/Bartz AASBs against any Odin and won? I've yet to see it.

Oct 25, 2017
Complete debacle. Pulled on all
Highlights
Rem glint
Refia aosb
Kelger USB (but have sub 30 torment)
Tidus lmr fast after water (not sure if will use ever)
Emperor lmr enearth

Lots of dupes. A few Garbo Babs. Yuck.

Chose xi full throttle which should get me to sub 30 there.

Also the rain of major arcana is crazy. Have got to take down another asap.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Looking at some of the Full Throttle options, it seems like Clouds is especially good! Full 100% Crit rate, no damage limit, increased physical damage, and you get a twenty hit arcane overstrike with it too! I feel like he's one "increased critical damage" Buff away from handling bossfights by himself!

Since I'm shooting for a wind or dark physical team, would Throttle VII be a good pick? Or should I consider another that might be a better fit?

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Going to hold off on the elemental pulls for now, I've sub 30'd every 5* and I'm not sure what will help me with Odin.

Went ahead and did the Full Throttle pull, for dupe Beatrix usb, dupe Ashe osb, and new en-lightning lmr for Shantotto.

I took the 7 set because all of it was new for me. I chased Cloud usb1 for so long, feels good to finally get it.

Oct 27, 2017
Did 4 pulls on the Elemental Banners as I only had 60 Mythril

Holy 3/11 Ramza AOSB, WoL USB3, Relm BSB

Water 3/11 OK AOSB (dupe), Tidus BSB2(dupe), Kimahri BSB(dupe)

Earth 1/11 Ingus En-earth LMR

Lightning 5/11, Shantotto AASB, Steiner USB2, Palom BSB, Rapha LMR (dupe), Ashe BSB (dupe)

Overall quite pleased with my pulls. Shantotto's AASB easily makes my FF11 team significantly better(somehow I still don't have a USB for that realm).

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled on all of the elemental banners. I need to lay down, holy shit.

Fire - Vivi USB1 (dupe), Firion USB2, Jecht USB3, Locke enFire LMR
Ice - Matoya USB, Serah BSB2, Josef LMR (dupe)
Lightning - Vivi USB3, Fran USB2
Earth - Ingus AASB (!!!!!), Yang Arcane
Wind - Zidane AASB (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Freya USB1 (dupe), Freya USB2, Bartz wind BSB
Water - Tidus AASB (dupe but what the fuck is happening), Rydia water/holy BSB
Holy - Edward Holy Chain (!!), WoL OSB, WoL LMR
Dark - Seifer USB2, Gaffgarion Glint, Rufus LMR (dupe)

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled on all of the elemental banners. I need to lay down, holy shit.

Fire - Vivi USB1 (dupe), Firion USB2, Jecht USB3, Locke enFire LMR
Ice - Matoya USB, Serah BSB2, Josef LMR (dupe)
Lightning - Vivi USB3, Fran USB2
Earth - Ingus AASB (!!!!!), Yang Arcane
Wind - Zidane AASB (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Freya USB1 (dupe), Freya USB2, Bartz wind BSB
Water - Tidus AASB (dupe but what the fuck is happening), Rydia water/holy BSB
Holy - Edward Holy Chain (!!), WoL OSB, WoL LMR
Dark - Seifer USB2, Gaffgarion Glint, Rufus LMR (dupe)
This is like my anti pull.

Burn in hell daravon. With all due respect.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
MrDaravon holy shit, nice pull!

Only did two pulls for now:
Holy : Rem aasb, March aosb (super nice!)
Full throttle: rydia USB (1 I think), celes enholy lmr
Super happy with the holy pull! That will bridge a nice gap... Now if I could find a holy chain...
Now I have to decide which FT I take. I was pretty set on 7 but now that I think of it, 8 with squall aosb might help me with syldra. With bsb2 and aosb he could probably replace sora usb/aosb and do better. Beside, selphie would give me a medica for torment... But improving cloud kit is also super tempting.
In any case, I won't pull before I can draw on ice banner anyway.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jesus Christ at Mr.Daravon's pulls (AGAIN - he does this regularly). 3 AASBs and a gen 2 chain? Share some of that luck, sir!

Anyway, we were talking earlier about Firion and Syldra, His USb2 is the missing piece. You should be able to beat her now.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa nice pulls MrDaravon!

It was mostly dupe city for me.

Full Throttle Gem - OK AOSB (dupe), Aemo LMR - picked the VI set since none of those were dupes, and I got the needed Medica for that realm.
Lighting - Palom BSB
Ice - Matoya USB (dupe)

Pretty underwhelming overall.

It was nice to get the extra omni-resist accessories though for beating Odin. Vaulted a TON of resist accessories since I figure I'll be using these most of the time.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey Y'all! I did a pull on the Darkness banner as soon as I could, hoping to get a chain or something.

I only got one 6*...

And It Was Orlandeau's Awakening!!!

I'm super glad I ended up getting this! I imagine comebining this, Sephiroth, Potentially Cloud's Full Throttle set, Elarra and a potential Dark Chain, will set me up for damage until I finally get enough stamina for the Big Leagues!

I also have his Doublecast LM, but I don't think that translates to a potential triplecast, right?

Edit: NOPE I'M WRONG, YOU CAN TOTALLY TRIPLECAST, THAT'S AWESOME

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
ShinUltima I got his USB2 which is the instant cast Samurai + heal one, not his Brave which I think is what you were referring to? Unless his Brave is his USB2 and the one I got was his USB3? If this was the one you were talking about I guess I would swap Celes out? I did try your suggestion of running Ignis BSB instead of Rosa and honestly I did worse, for some reason I just really struggle to stay alive :/.

Unrelated but need to figure out my Full Throttle selection; if it makes people feel any better my pull on that was garbage with the only new thing being Ovelia's garbage LMR. These are the items in the selects I *don't* have:

FF1: Sarah USB, WoL Arcane
FF2: Firion USB1, Minwu USB1
FF3: Arc Brave, Luneth Arcane
FF4: all dupes
FF5: all dupes
FF6: all dupes
FF7: Cloud USB1
FF8: Selphie USB, Squall Arcane
FF9: Zidane USB1, Eiko USB1
FF10: Yuna USB1
FF11: all dupes
FF12: Vaan USB1, Vaan Arcane
FF13: all dupes
FF14: Papa USB1, Ysh USB1
FF15: Noctis Arcane
FFT: Ramza USB2, Ramza Arcane
FF0: Deuce USB1, Ace Arcane

FF1 - My only medicas here are Sarah's SSB and glint but otherwise this is kinda eh
FF2 - I've got Minwu's SSB and Hilda's USB so the medica and Firion's USB are kinda eh
FF3 - I've got pretty much everything else for both of these guys so eh
FF7 - Cloud's USB1 is important for me since I've now got the rest of Cloud's kit (AASB, Arcane, 6* glint) but I could just lens it since the other two are dupes?
FF8 - My only medica here are Selphie's Glint/SSB/BSB, and Squall's arcane would help with Syldra.
FF9 - I'm leaning towards this for my pick: I now have virtually everything for Zidane BUT either of his USBs, and while IIRC his USB2 is more preferable to partner with his AASB his USB1 still seems like a really good pairing for it. Also my only medica for this realm are Eiko's SSB and BSB.
FF14 - I've got almost everything else for both of these characters, hard to justify especially Ysh USB even if it's good for the torment (?) since I'd never use it otherwise.
FF15 - Eh
FFT - Not bad since I've got a lot of Ramza's other stuff but not critical; I was hoping this was gonna have his first USB which would have been a serious consideration for me
FF0: Also kinda eh, and I have Deuce's other two USBs

So I'm thinking I probably do FF9? FF8 would help me with Syldra and I could use a better medica for FF8 for sure, but my medica situation in 9 isn't much better and Zidane's USB1 with his AASB something something. Speaking of which, how 'bad' is using his USB1 instead of USB2 with his AASB?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr.Daravon:

Ah. I forgot that Firion has 3 USbs amd his bUSB is USB3. My apologies. No, Firion USb2 isn't going to help with Syldra.

As for the FUll Throttle picks, I think VIII might be the best bet for you.

As you said, your healing for VIII is suspect and Selphie USB1 is excellent there, and Squall AOSB will help both in VIII Torment and against Syldra. Though if you have Laguna chain and anything decent for Rinoa, you can run a full ice team and use healing RW (but Selphie will still help).

On the other hand, while Eiko USB1 will definitely be helpful against IX Torment,, you already have Zidane AASB which, along with another good DPS or two, will probably enable you to beat that without Eiko USB1. Zidane USB1 isn't going to really help there, nor does it particularly chain well with his AASB (it's not bad, but it barely does anything; nothing at all like "free second AOSB" of using USB2+AASB). I sub-30'd IX with Zidane USB2/LMR2, Marcus USB, Vivi USb2 (the free one), Kuja BSSB/OSB/LMR, and Eiko BSSB.

And definitely use lenses to pick up Cloud USB1.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Did Full Throttle, Ice, Holy, and Dark.

My haul:
Vaan LMR2(?)
Meia Glint
Shantotto AOSB
Shantotto USB (dupe)
Aphmau USB
Matoya USB
Edea AOSB
Celes USB1
Garland USB2
Shadow AOSB

No dupes besides Shanny's USB, but that was from the selection so I already knew that would happen. Nothing earth shattering but some interesting things. I hope I can use the Celes, Edea and Matoya stuff to finally do the 5* Wind Magicites, despite still having no Ice Chain.

As for the rest of the Element Draws, I think I'm gonna do Earth next, but then put the rest on hold, since I'm pretty set for the rest.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Mr.Daravon:

Ah. I forgot that Firion has 3 USbs amd his bUSB is USB3. My apologies. No, Firion USb2 isn't going to help with Syldra.

As for the FUll Throttle picks, I think VIII might be the best bet for you.

As you said, your healing for VIII is suspect and Selphie USB1 is excellent there, and Squall AOSB will help both in VIII Torment and against Syldra. Though if you have Laguna chain and anything decent for Rinoa, you can run a full ice team and use healing RW (but Selphie will still help).

On the other hand, while Eiko USB1 will definitely be helpful against IX Torment,, you already have Zidane AASB which, along with another good DPS or two, will probably enable you to beat that without Eiko USB1. Zidane USB1 isn't going to really help there, nor does it particularly chain well with his AASB (it's not bad, but it barely does anything; nothing at all like "free second AOSB" of using USB2+AASB). I sub-30'd IX with Zidane USB2/LMR2, Marcus USB, Vivi USb2 (the free one), Kuja BSSB/OSB/LMR, and Eiko BSSB.

And definitely use lenses to pick up Cloud USB1.

Thanks for the input, I'll grab 8. I haven't attempted the torments really yet so I wasn't sure about the relative value of Eiko versus Selphie USBs, and if Zidane's USB1 isn't broken with his AASB like his USB2 is that becomes kinda whatever.

I feel kind of legitimately guilty about some of my recent pulls, I need to start doing some torments or something.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Went back and pulled on Holy and Water.
Water: Tidus bUSB
Holy: Firion bUSB, Hope OSB

Wondering if I should do all the other elements now because it's nothing but discos

Full Throttle was Elarra USB dupe/11. Took VIII.

Oct 30, 2017
My haul.

Full Throttle:
Terra Ultra1
Selected FF9 bundle because I wanted last stand and more options for my Woke Zidane.

Fire:
Vincent Burst (fire radiant)
Vincent Glint

Ice:
Ysayle Ultra (dupe)
Serah Burst1 (dupe)

Lightning:
Palom Burst
Edgar Arcane (Nice!)
Aranea Ultra

Earth:
Kelgar Materia (earth infuse)
Yang Burst (dupe)
Rinoa Materia (dupe)

Wind:
Yuna Arcane
Faris Glint (seems solid)

Water:
Rikku Burst2

Holy:
Meliadoul Burst

Dark:
Seifer Materia

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
So, I pulled on the Ice banner...

Squall AASB and Edea quick cast LMR !!!

After Tidus AASB on the FFX realm draw and Rem AASB on the holy draw, I'm on a roll!

This latest acquisition changes a lot regarding my Syldra team and Full Throttle choice now...

So far my 2 DPS for Syldra are Sora USB/AOSB and Celes USB(quick cast)/AOSB
Now that I have Squall AASB, it would seem silly to not include him in that team (I also have is BSB2 and bUSB)... but it means that I'll only have one AOSB to skip P3...
I haven't tested this setup yet but it made me think of something...

I could choose FF VIII for full throttle. That would give me his AOSB and a medica for VIII.
It just means that I need to skip on Cloud's USB1/AOSB and my FFVII first medica...

Edit: I will probably try Syldra a bit more and pull on Wind banner before making a choice anyway.

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Squall's AASB/BSB2 combo is enough to solo-dps Ice-adv Odin with literally a magic chain, and a Laguna who has nothing better than an SSB

I would think he'd obliterate Syldra without an AOSB lol

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Squall's AASB/BSB2 combo is enough to solo-dps Ice-adv Odin with literally a magic chain, and a Laguna who has nothing better than an SSB

I would think he'd obliterate Syldra without an AOSB lol

That's encouraging, I was mostly worried about p3 DPS destroying me if I can't skip it reliably but I need to do some run to better assess the situation anyway :)
Also, what's the usual pattern for squall AASB+BSB2?
BSB2 => AASB => Cmd1 (x2 depending on double cast?) => Spam cmd2 ?

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, pretty much

The thing about BSB2 is it was tuned around 2-3 CMD1 followed by a few casts of CMD2 at full power. Having an AASB short circuit that initial ramp and then do even more damage with CMD2 is... kinda absurd to put it lightly.

GWklBzsl.png

It caps on P3 Odin w/o a boostga which is 420k damage for a triplecast. It should easily punch through Syldra's stats because the CMD2 multipliers are hilarious

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Now I haven't tried it personally, but I still think that AASB -> BSSB makes more sense since AASB gives Squall (H?)QC.

But I guess if if you're bringing external HQC, BSSB2 -> AASB means you can get, say, a SSS under AASB at the end after BSSB2 runs out.

Regardless, once both are up, it's CMD1 once (many will Restart until it triple casts) then CMD2 spam.

And yeah: As Falk said, that firepower will chew through D.Odin, far less Syldra.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
BSB2 -> AASB is usually better because BSBs don't run out until your turn, and AASBs/USBs do run out while your ATB is charging. So you can get an extra AASB powered CMD2 with that order

edit: Jux Also, not having Squall AOSB is not a concern now. A fully powered CMD2 under Awakening will deal 280k damage, 420k if his LM2 procs. Each cast of his CMD2 is an AOSB by itself.

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I did Syldra with Sora bsb/aasb which is the same thing. If you have Ignis bsb it ensures that you are capping and just melts him. I don't even worry about getting the triple cast on cmd 1, if it happens great but you still do ridiculous damage with just a double cast.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Just did a first test run.
Went BSB2=>AASB. I only got 2 Cmd1 in this case and under full Snow CSB, Cmd2 only hit for around 10k. That's a bit disappointing. I don't relish having to rely on a Cmd1 triple cast to do decent damage :/
Unfortunately I don't have Ignis or any kind of boostga in my current party setup. That might explain the issue too.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just did a first test run.
Went BSB2=>AASB. I only got 2 Cmd1 in this case and under full Snow CSB, Cmd2 only hit for around 10k. That's a bit disappointing. I don't relish having to rely on a Cmd1 triple cast to do decent damage :/
Unfortunately I don't have Ignis or any kind of boostga in my current party setup. That might explain the issue too.
Having CMD1 triplecast actually increases the multiplier a lot compared to doublecast. CMD2 has a 1.25 multiplier/hit at 3 junctions, and a little over 1.3 under AASB R1 rank boost. About the same as a R4 SSS under Awakening, but with almost 2x more hits

At 2 junctions, it falls to 1.05/hit, or around 1.1 under the R1 Rank Boost - around the same as an unboosted SSS.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man all you people getting AASBs from the Elemental banners! Grats. I don't post much here but I have to say I'm happy that I'm almost done with the elemental magicite wheel. I'm dreading attempting Holy and Dark with no chains but I think I have the tech to pull it off. Anyways, I'm sharing here my Hechatonheir clear! I wasted about 200 mythril on last fests Banner 3 and only got Zidane's AASB but it was fun pairing it up with Bartz:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
So close on ice weak odin. I need to panic less in phase 3 lol.

Probably down to about 5% HP remaining before he finds some way to end me with his 2nd Zan in P3. Rosa just runs out of meter, so I need to find a way to conserve or something.

Probably should save Laguna imperils for later in the fight since they seem to wear off by the time I'm in P3, so I'll switch him to freezing snipe duty while under USB2 - although I'd need to get imperils up and running before Skill slash in P3.

One mistake I made was casting Celes Glint too early, as it only provides 2 Turns of 100% crit (I thought it was going to last the usual 15 seconds or whatever) and imagine my dismay when in P3 I went to cast her AOSB and it was only doing 25k per hit without crits. I need to save it for just before AOSB time in P3.

Bartz USB2 is great for this fight. I'm using him as an off element AASB, so the Spellblade boost is great, plus the finisher hits for 99k which I wasn't expecting. Under USB2 (which expires slightly too early, so I may need to delay casting it) the AASB follow up hits for about 1k per hit instead of 6-700. Not a whole ton of damage, but it may be the difference in pushing P3 just a turn earlier.

Squall is currently going LS to BSB2 to USB when Celes Chain is up. His AOSB isn't doing all that much damage in P3 either maybe 35k x 3? Debating whether I should cast it just before P3. If only I'd gotten his AASB during fest, this fight would be trivial.

Laguna just imperils, USB2, freezing snipe, and USB2 dump in P3.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Finally got around to purchasing gems for the USB Dream select and Full Throttle Renewal.

FUll Throttle: 1/11 - Golbez USB2

Lousy quantity, but a good get! That's actually my first dark mage USB aside from... Golbez USB1, which is junk. This is actually really good. I'm doubtful it's "Dark-weak D.Odin" good, but it will definitely push me over the edge for sub-30ing IV D???

Picked the III set, one of two sets where I had no dupes. Hope it's enough to sub-30 III D???

USB Dream Select: 2/11 - Rydia En-Earth LMR, Steiner USB1

I got memed. :( Actually, this is my third meme relic, along with Tiny Bee and Gogo VI LMR. I'm only missing Fran LMR and Y'Shtola USB1 to complete the set (though I guess Thief LMR would be considered one as well). Irritating. It's not as though I have MrDaravon's luck otherwise to compensate.

On the other hand, Rydia En-Earth LMR is a great get. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up her en-water LMR. I have her AASB/AOSB, i.e. she can she can kick ass in 8 elements, but she has no source of en-element, which will be crucial going forward. She has a source for earth now, so she'll be good for... 25 seconds against Ramuh. Actually, less than that since she would get stripped of her en-element. Eh. Oh well, it should be good enough for earth-weak D.Odin.

99% going to choose Tyro USB4 unless I manage to get it from the Daily.

D350 Dreams Enkidu

Went in blind with my D??? Torment team. Took a few tries to suss out the opening rounds (also forgot to equip something other than Dark resist on Lenna - she kept dying to Turn 3 Firaga), but after that, it was decimation. Mastered the D350 in 17.90, my first full CM sub-30 on these. But to be fair, V is also my second or third strongest realm:

Dorgan (LM2+LMR): R4 Earth Sabre, R3 Banishing strike, Gathering Storm (BSSB2), double earth boost, wind resist acc
Kelgar (LM1+LM2): R4 Shifting Sands, R4 Desert Mirage, Ninja DMG+ (USB), double earth boost, wind resist acc
Lenna (LM2+LMR): R2 Hastega, R4 Curada, MM (USB2), wind/fire resist acc
Galuf (LMR): R4 Ironfist Earth, R3 Dispel, DMT (CSB), double earth boost, wind resist acc
Bartz (LM2+LMR1): R4 Tremor Strike, R5 Life Siphon, Scholar's Boon (AASB), double earth boost, wind resist acc

RW: Wall
Magicites: Adamantoise (2 x Empower Earth), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Mateus (HP Boon/Dampen Wind), Madeen (Atk boon x2), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
FUll Throttle: 1/11 - Golbez USB2

Lousy quantity, but a good get! That's actually my first dark mage USB aside from... Golbez USB1, which is junk. This is actually really good. I'm doubtful it's "Dark-weak D.Odin" good, but it will definitely push me over the edge for sub-30ing IV D???

You know I haven't thought about him as concerns he'd get the shield stripped too fast but I do have necro countdown at r5 and I do have a dark mag artifact.

Hmm. My sub 50 team, haven't tried in a while
Rydia aosb bsbs glint
Palom USB
Barb. USB
Ed USB
Rosa USB 1 and 2

Wonder if swapping golbez' for rydia would do it. Hmm

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
And I finally beat Syldra (once...)!
Replacing Sora with Squall AASB/BSB2 did it for me. The win is kind of RNG since I rely a lot on Squall double casting but it seems reproduceable enough.
On to Lakshmi and Dark Magicites now!

Thanks all for the super nice advice for this fight!

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I'm still new to all this, been playing again for a month after being off for years, but what are good AASBs? I'm still trying to get a feel for good SBs. Only AASB I pulled is Sephiroth Dark AASB. I've been mostly using 3 hit AOSBs. The grind through all the records is mostly mind numbing at this point. Hard to stave off the temptation to use stamina potions/gems/mithril.

Also is there any point in combining 3-4 stars and reforging or should I just combine what I can for the rainbow crystal bonuses?

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
5 Odins down!

Latest to fall was ice weak odin.

Eeked it out with 1 artifact weapon for Bartz. Everyone else just had regular 6*, and Laguna his 5* SSB +ice gun.

My problem was DPS in the last phase as AOSBs were hitting for pitiful amounts. This was due to the following:

1.Chain count not maxed resulting in low damage from both AOSBS.
2. Low imperils.

Basically had Bartz and Squall life siphon spam until 4 bars each, and have Celes cast chain prior to them unloading soul breaks.

Bartz went USB2>AASB, Squall went BSB2>USB2, and ran Draw Junction + Lowen Roar.

Laguna starts with freezing snipe x2, prior to Odin raging, casts his Imperil SB, then summons Magicite after first enrage. Concurrent with chain, casts USB2, spams Frozen Offering. Also cast imperil SSB prior to entering phase 3.

Celes Hits once with Blizzard Quad, then dispels, Blizz Quad until 3.5 bars, drops chain. USB1, spellblades, then when chain is at half, re-cast chain.

Keep building chain count I was maxed by the time I entered phase 3 with Bartz doing the breaking with his AASB.

Once chain count is maxed, engage AOSBs from Squall and Celes. Laguna spams whatever he has left, Rosa heals, Bartz casts SSS then RW, and just unload everything you've got.

Squall went from doing 45k per hit on his AOSB on previous runs to 89-99k per hit, Celes went from 25k to 45k per hit, and that was what I needed to put me over the top.

Have to do Lightning/Holy/Dark and Poison (but not really).

Lightning may be the next doable one, but I'm not sold on using Kain Chain at the moment.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still new to all this, been playing again for a month after being off for years, but what are good AASBs? I'm still trying to get a feel for good SBs. Only AASB I pulled is Sephiroth Dark AASB. I've been mostly using 3 hit AOSBs. The grind through all the records is mostly mind numbing at this point. Hard to stave off the temptation to use stamina potions/gems/mithril.

Also is there any point in combining 3-4 stars and reforging or should I just combine what I can for the rainbow crystal bonuses?

At this point any aasb is good because they are such a massive leap over previous SBs. That being said the ones that allow you to cover multiple elements are valued just for the utility, things like Bartz spellblade aasb or Rydia and Alphinaud summoner aasb. These are nice for general content since they will allow you a lot of flexibility.

Those flexible ones will fall out of favor a bit when 6* magicite arrive since you need en-element to really do damage. The more focused aasbs like Sephiroth or Zidane or Tidus will be better in those situations.

As for old 4* and under gear don't bother combining it, just turn them into rainbow shards.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
At this point any aasb is good because they are such a massive leap over previous SBs. That being said the ones that allow you to cover multiple elements are valued just for the utility, things like Bartz spellblade aasb or Rydia and Alphinaud summoner aasb. These are nice for general content since they will allow you a lot of flexibility.

Those flexible ones will fall out of favor a bit when 6* magicite arrive since you need en-element to really do damage. The more focused aasbs like Sephiroth or Zidane or Tidus will be better in those situations.

As for old 4* and under gear don't bother combining it, just turn them into rainbow shards.

Thanks! Looks like I need to grind out my sephiroth and clean out my inventory then haha.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yeah, any 6* gear you get should greatly out perform any 3/4* gear even with synergy so it's gonna be cathartic to shard all those old relics! Of course, I need to do the same with my vault.

On that same front, are artifacts always better than 6*s? Meaning are relics only for SBs at this point? Trying to parse the knowledge out there seems like it has a language of it's own. At this point I only have a 7 different characters at 90, half way through the standard realm dungeons, 2 chapters done in record dungeons, no fully complete nightmares, and 8/12 through Trials VI.