• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes the FFRK Reddit parodies itself... there's a post right now talking about maaaaybe being able to beat some 3* magicites with my new Bartz AASB. Yeah man, I think you just might be able to manage that! Not to pick on a new player but damn dude.
Tbf, since the moment we first saw Tidus AASB, people (even on reddit) were saying that soon someone would start complaining about the game being p2w because you need AASBs for 3* magicites.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Did some random pulls today because I felt like it:

V B2:
100 gem Greg enFire LMR
2/11 Bartz USB2, Gogo LMR

Wind Lucky:
1/11 Zack AASB

I'm ok with this

Oct 29, 2017
I just have to chuckle sometimes at people not realizing how long this game has been around and how old some of the content is. Like last week someone was asking if they're ready to take on Nightmare bosses... Yeah, if you've pulled on literally any banner in the past two years, you probably have what you need for Nightmare.

Oct 25, 2017
Daily disco! Argh dupe alphinaud USB. More shards I guess. I have enough shards on hand for another 6 level 50 weapons and have a number of accessories I could melt down.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That was so close, both Bartz and Terra had their AOSBs ready. Chain ran out at a very unfortunate time as well

Bartz did a pentacast under AASB, but Vincent failed to imperil more than once during the whole battle. And Terra was devastating, even with barfire 4, she was capping chain firaja.

Just 2 more turns and I could have won.

jMUDtXB.jpg

What is a good thing to give Phoenix here? My deck is Belias with 3x empower, Phoenix with bladespell ward, another Phoenix with no inheritance, and two Madeens, one with 2x atk boon and one with 2x mag boon

I don't think a second set of wards will help that much here, but what else can I use?

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
GOddammnt, I'm, tired of feeling incompetent at this game.

I've been trying for over two hours on wind-weak D.Odin. God Cloud (everything), Bartz AASB, Zack and Faris chains at my disposal. All the top healers (Elarra USb1, Rosa USB2, Aerith USb2). Tyro USB4. Nothing fucking works.

It's as though I'm being punished for using Bartz and Cloud. They simply do not work well together because they're both gauge hogs for this level of fight - Bartz wants En-Wind cause his AASB alone if barely doing anything, and of course Cloud wants AASB+USB1, minimum. But if I go one healer, that one needs to be entrusted too. Rosa wrathing up gauge isn't enough, and BTW, without Last Stand, I die to Savage Earthquake, no questions asked. It simply does too much damage.

I'm actually doing worse now than I did on release, when I at least got D.Odin to Phase 3 Turn 10 Zantetsuken a couple times, only one turn away from victory. And that was before I pulled Cloud's AASB, or had Tyro USB4. But the best I've done today is 50%, with a Bartz that KOed early and Cloud soldiering on futilely.

The only way I've been able to survive is running Elarra+Aerith, but then I have nowhere near enough damage. And actually, I only barely survive at that - there are points where neither Aerith nor Elarra has enough gauge and I'm going to eating a series of AoEs in a row. I'm using Fabula Mage to break Savage, but last time I needed the healer RW just to make it far. I can't believe I'm doing so poorly with what I have.

And this is my best element by far. I feel like I'm wasting my time here. I'm clearly not good enough a player for this content(or yet again, don't have the precise right relics for this fight without it being absolutely awful; I feel if I had Zidane AASB this would be a cinch, but I thought Bartz was supposed to be good in all? Maybe just not with Cloud).

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fast Act 10. I used to be a Fast Act skeptic but it's made the difference for me in a couple of Odin fights.
The only reason I'm skeptical with FA is because of Elarra. Her USB already gives everyone HQC. Elarra herself only uses her USB - which is already instant, Vincent and Terra have quick cast trances, and OKs ex mode increases his cast speed. But I guess increasing Bartz cast speed can always help.

FA is one then, the other one, I was thinking about healing boon, because Elarra usually cant full heal everyone after the non-piercing 9999 hit - so that or MND boon, but healing boon increases her regenga ticks as well.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
ShinUltima When I get frustrated I stay away from the game for a couple hours or until my head clears. What helped me was having the AI moveset in front of me and following along, making notes as I went through the fight

I did manage to do the fight with Bartz and Cloud with no entrusts see below:

Bartz SSS + LS (USB2+AASB)
Cloud Raging Quadstrike + LS (USB1+USB2), Wind+ Artifact
Zack Chain + BSB, LS + FD
Elarra USB1 Warrior Hymn + Hastega
Aerith USB2 Curada + Dispel

I wonder if because of Cloud + Bartz AASB you are pushing Odin too fast so he goes to Rage 3 before you're set to deal with it?

FWIW I also have Zidane Chain, but opted for Bartz since he can proc multi-casts whereas my Zidane can't.

Cloud USB1 spam in p3 is a thing to behold, but Bartz ended the fight with a fraction of a second left while under dual quickcasts (at least I'd like to think so, not even sure if Aerith/Elarra QC stacks...?) with his AOSB.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my problem now has been for a while dark weak

Seph aasb usb2 aosb
Seifer csb
Riku aasb aosb
Tyro usb4
Elarra USB1,2
Two artifacts
R5 necro and demoncross

And yet can't beat the sleep. Perhaps move a little more slowly. Frustrating!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
ultra7K:

I already ran away from the fight. Last time I fought Odin was on release, however long ago that was. I spent three hours then, and failed too. Got to the very very end, lost to L3 Zantetsuken. I figured with Cloud AASB in tow, it was just a matter of over-powering it, but clearly I'm too fucking stupid to do that, since I haven't even gotten close to that point again.

Oh, and I'm definitely not pushing phases too fast. When everyone is up and running, I'm breaking savage without much issue, and Odin doesn't get a damage increase with savage aside from Zantetsuken. No, I simply can't survive is the problem, even entrusting to a wrath healer. And double healers (I ran that exact team of yours, BTW - died to Phase 3 Zantesuken three times in a row) = not enough damage.

This is why I stayed away from the fight for so long, because despite my elemental power at the time it just never seemed enough. Got Cloud AASB and Glint+... still not enough. Fuck man, when is it going to be enough? With these end game fights it seems like I never enough power for my dumbass not to spend 6+ hours on a single fight. It's awful and I fucking hate it.

I'm beginning to wonder if Cloud AASB is a trap. I did better with his USB1+USB2.

(Yes, Elarra and Aerith HQCs stack)

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Ark, Deathgaze, and Mateus all down now. After the slog of the first two, Mateus went down like the sack of trash he or she is. Three left until Odin, though the last few posts are not making me excited for it, haha.

Sometimes the FFRK Reddit parodies itself... there's a post right now talking about maaaaybe being able to beat some 3* magicites with my new Bartz AASB. Yeah man, I think you just might be able to manage that! Not to pick on a new player but damn dude.

Reminds me of this topic on GameFAQs. Nearly four-year player with multiple supremely OP relics including AASBs across several elements and is having trouble with 3* (and later 4*'s). Like having a fleet of tanks and wondering if they can beat a kitten.

Oct 29, 2017
Reminds me of this topic on GameFAQs. Nearly four-year player with multiple supremely OP relics including AASBs across several elements and is having trouble with 3* (and later 4*'s). Like having a fleet of tanks and wondering if they can beat a kitten.

Lol, that is too much. "I have Tidus CSB but that's only a Gen 1 chain." OH NO.

Managed to eke out a 50-second win against Mist Dragon with my Sephiroth AASB! Dude, what?!

Oct 25, 2017
10 spellblade motes from the Black Chocobo... I'm sitting on 180 now. I wonder if it's finally time to spend them on the +3% bonuses for Sora and Bartz.

I spend the motes as I get them, keeping at least 5 in reserve in case a new character gets a buff that I missed.
The 3%s are great, the crystals from shattering every thing even better.

This event was less laborious than I expected. I have left over tix, I guess I'll use on major orbs and abilities to break down. I remember the old colllectathons...those were Stan intense.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
These black chocobo stores has some pretty cheap items. I got the must haves (myth, chain, artifiact) already might farm most of the stuff.

For 21 stamina you get 13000+3000 = 16000 greens.

21 stamina usually nets me let 2/3 of a crystal.

For 16000 greens you can get (Some you can't get this many in the store)

21 jobs motes (which you can convert 10 to 11 crystals)
64 Major Orbs (from orbs)
117 Major Orbs (from low cost skill skills)
44 Major Orbs (from high cost skills)
160 4* motes
20000 rainbow shards (from weapons)

(ignore rest)

Priority is going to get

Job Motes
Vit 4* motes (Huge bottle neck)
Shards
Cheap 5* skills
Major orbs

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I bought the vit motes because I have way fewer of them than any other type. Weapons (which I upgraded and combined, because what the hell), artifact stone, spellblade motes, mythril. There's nothing else I want. Not bothering with the abilities or major orbs.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Woah, A Shocking Request looks like a really interesting event! Not only is the Banner for it elementally focused, taking some of the guess work out of pulling to fill out lightning teams, but the Event has a Freaking Chain Soulbreak as one of the rewards!

That's amazing! If any of you are in need of a Lightning Chain, hopefully the characters focused in the event can be useful! At the very least you can get a few 5* abilities out of it if you haven't made them yet!

Although to be fair, it is more of a beginner Chain Weapon, it doesn't do any damage on it's own, and only goes to 99 hits, plus it's on Reno, but anything is better then nothing!

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cores got access to 6* abilities in JP lol

Also, getting you RW used will reward you 500 greens instead of gil.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that change is great

I hope we get that update early - it comes with a lot of small LD balance changes so maybe

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Wind-weak Dark Odin Update:

Yesterday was awful. Today was slightly better. So I tried again. Three different times. It took a total of six hours, on top of the six hours spent yesterday (and not counting the three hours spent on release), to finally grind out a win in 44.63.

Ultimately, it was a similar team to one suggested on GFaqs that won the day (that I had earlier used unsuccessfully, I might add). I doubt this will help anyone, but this was the final team:

Cloud (LM1+En-Wind LMR): R5 Raging Quad Strike, R5 Life Siphon, Scholar's Boon (GSB+/USB1/AASB/AOSB), double wind boost
Rosa (LM1+LMR): R3 Dispel, R5 Wrath, Acestriker (USB2)
Bartz (LM2+LMR1): R5 SSS, R5 Life Siphon, Truthseeker (USB2/AASB/AOSB), double wind boost
Aerith (LM1+LM2): R4 Curada, R2 Hastega, Mako MIght (USB2)
Faris: R3 Crushing Tango, R5 Wrath, Battleforged (SSB/CSB)

Magicite: Typhon (Empower Wind x2), Syldra (Hp Boon/Dampen Earth), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (MND Boon/Healing Boon), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Act)

Everyone had max crystal water in HP and several other stats (MND for Rosa, ATK for Cloud/Bartz). Everyone had at least 100 magia in HP (Cloud has ATK/HP/Wind+, Bartz just has HP/ATK)

A couple things of note:

First, I won third time with this team in hour 12. I had been running a team of Cloud/Bartz/Zack/Tyro/Rosa all day, and I got really close several times, but ultimately couldn't close it out. My best effort had me running into Phase 3 Zantetsuken three times in a row. I had made a lot of mistakes earlier (more on this later), so I finally decided to try double healer again. And this time, it finally worked.

I had been running Syldra the entire time but switching to Typhon helped. There are a couple pain points where Rosa simply could not survive as solo healer, even with Tryo entrusting her. I needed the earth damage reduction from Typhon (I forgot that was a thing; I kept wondering why in several clear vids they were using Typhon over Syldra, and now I know) and I needed to respec Rosa's magia from MND to HP. Even with 3 xHP Boons, I couldn't keep her alive at certain critical points as solo healer. That said, now that I've switched back to double healer, I could probably run Syldra main again, though like hell if I'm doing this fight again any time soon.

Of the twelve hours spent between yesterday and today, at least 9 of them I spent in vain since I didn't realise Bartz was carrying a dualcast spellblade RM instead of +DMG. That was holdover from daily farming. I was wondering why the hell my Bartz was doing such poor damage if Rage wasn't Level 1 or 0. Putting a proper damage RM really helped, naturally, though it still took several more toiling hours to eke out a win.

Speaking of Bartz, I tried En-Wind BSSB+AASB, USB1+AASB, and USb2+AASB. Among all of these, I actually found USB2+AASB to perform the best. I was told that USB1+AASB is best when using Bartz main elements of fire/earth/wind/water, but that's apparently only if you're close to capping. If you're not even close, as in my case, USB2 is better. And I guess En-Wind is better if you're going for AOSB, which I did, but I wanted better damage for SSS to break Odin's Savage.

Victory ultimately came from a very simple strategy: Build gauge on Cloud/Bartz until they had 4 gauges, wait until Faris had six gauges, then unleash. Earlier, I had been entrusting half gauges to Cloud/Bartz from Tyro to get things up and running faster before switching to Rosa, which made things a bit messy with the T11-15 quake spam bullshit. I ultimately found a way through it semi-consistently, but then I couldn't get through Phase 3.

Actually, the reason I switched back to double healer team was because I found myself dying in the exact same spot 3 times in a row: The Savage Elemental Strike spam in Phase 2. You have to heal up after the Stun, then heal again after Savage Elemental Strike, but three times in a row Odin got two turns before Rosa could get another turn and no regenga ticks procced, so I would eat Savage Elementl Drive x 2 = 1600x8 on everyone. Unsurvivable. So back to double healer it was.

I had been reluctant to go double healer again because in previous attempts, I didn't do enough damage. That was certainly the case on the the night that D.ODin dropped, where double healer got me to the end only to lose to Phase 2 Zantetsuken multiple times. I subsequently got Cloud Glint+/AASB, which I thought for sure would be enough to put me over the edge, but then Bartz started doing terrible damage without Tyro or Ignis backing him up. As mentioned before, this was a goof on my part where I gave Bartz the wrong RM and didn't notice it for nearly nine hours. Incompetence at its finest. Once I gave him a proper damage RM and stuck to USB2+AASB, it was better.

Even with the right SB setup and the proper strategy, the fight is stupidly hard. Much much worse than I was expecting or lead to believe. That Phase 3 is no joke. It took forever to even find a sequence where I could fire off Cloud's AOSB optimaally, and even then, the most I got was 15000x20+99999. I still needed two more turns after that to finish Odin off.

I figured that with God Cloud/two AASBs, Zack/Faris chain and all top healers at my disposal this fight would be no sweat. Well, maybe for more competent players, but for me, I forgot the lesson I learned with D??? Jenova - having the best of everything (though not quite the best, since in this case, Zidane AASB would been much better than Bartz) is merely the entry to get started. I still have to struggle like I struggled against end game content with much worse relics in, say, 2016, which irritates me to no end. FFRK didn't used to be this way - it used to be that if you were OP for a fight, you'd faceroll or, at most, take a while to learn the fight before crushing it. Now it seems having (nearly) all the best relics is merely to make the fight somewhat doable, which I hate.

The D.Odin fight lags like hell on my tablet. I missed a lot of inputs when the game drags at maybe 10FPS. I played today at my home desk on emulator, which is fine for short bursts but I don't like playing there for long periods of time. I ended up spending four hours there alone, to no avail. Ironically, I got the win on my tablet late in the night, lag and all.

During those aforementioned 4 hours, I literally played until I got sick - not the game's fault, but I have apparently come down a serious sore throat that I wasn't paying attention to while playing. I was swallowing saliva periodically and it got more and more painful until it became unbearable and I had to stop. Had to drink something, eat something, then take an antibiotic. My throat is still killing me right now and it hurts to swallow. Ugh.

Well, I guess that's one down. Not fully retired from top end content yet I suppose. But I don't think I can scrounge up the courage to try another Odin for another month. This one scarred me pretty badly.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Typhon down once I switched around who did what.

Did the rest of the Elemental luckys, now down to about 40 mythril or so. Some discos but almost all dupes /shrug

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, after many attemps, I figured a way to win. This was very RNG dependent for imperil procs and wcasts.

My setup was

OK - wrath/entrust, MM, pUSB/LMR
Terra - chain firaja/wrath, +fire, USB1/AASB/AOSB/LMR
Elarra - curada, DMT, USB1
Vincent - burnt offering, acestriker, BSB2/CSB
Bartz - Inferno Assault/LS, +spellblade, fire BSB/AASB/LMR

RW Priestess

Everyone with full dive, 100+ magia and with crystal waters

Double HP boon is mandatory to survive Savage Collision, as it will always hit for 9999 since no wall/protect/last stand (Elarra survives with 20 hp left). And the RW was necessary to full heal before Collision, and to survive P3 elemental drives.

Also, Bartz did a pentacast on P3 followed by a triple cast, while Terra's Chain firaja and then AOSB did the rest. I dont think I could win without this kind of luck

Oct 30, 2017
Fire-weak Odim whooped my ass. Seems to do more damage than Holy-weak. I might have to Entrust my healer or switch in a last stand.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fire-weak Odim whooped my ass. Seems to do more damage than Holy-weak. I might have to Entrust my healer or switch in a last stand.
Fire weak odin hits pretty hard, like wind weak, to compensate for all the powerful users of that element. And he is almost all piercing, the exception is savage collision, which has over 1000% damage multiplier - so either bring wall and protect, or none of them.

I managed to win without LS and only Elarra, but she had OK entrusting her.

hesho89

Nov 13, 2017
a little odd question...

I always thought Witch abilities were considered black magic? Is that not the case? Asking because i noticed that Rinoa USB chase doesn't actually chase after casting witch abilities.

on a different note, you still gain magia xp after you get snorted out of battle against typhon. It's kinda weird...

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
a little odd question...

I always thought Witch abilities were considered black magic? Is that not the case? Asking because i noticed that Rinoa USB chase doesn't actually chase after casting witch abilities.

on a different note, you still gain magia xp after you get snorted out of battle against typhon. It's kinda weird...

They do black magic damage but they aren't black magic abilities.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy Crap!

After some luck in getting stuff from the Wind and Dark pulls, I did one for Holy and managed to get both Agrias's Knight Awakening and Paladin Cecil's Holy Awakening! Awesome! Are these solid characters to invest time into?

I'd think Agrias would be, considering her Awakening provides a guaranteed follow up every two ability uses (so every once during Awakening) that reduces Holy resist.

For reference, I do also have Orlandeau's Knight and Darkness Awakening as well, and I also have Edward's Holy Chain. I also have Ovelia's USB where each white magic ability used triggers a Holy magic follow up that does six hits.

Basically, I have the makings of both a FFT Team, and a Holy team right now, and I'm wondering if I should approach the next pulls carefully to fill out out my roster.

Like for example, I got Orlandeau's Awakening from the Dark banner, because it's a dark AND holy attack, so other characters that mix elements like that could be desirable in the other banners.

For the record, I have a couple of good Wind, Dark and now Holy characters, and I've pulled on those three banners so far.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Holy Crap!

After some luck in getting stuff from the Wind and Dark pulls, I did one for Holy and managed to get both Agrias's Knight Awakening and Paladin Cecil's Holy Awakening! Awesome! Are these solid characters to invest time into?

I'd think Agrias would be, considering her Awakening provides a guaranteed follow up every two ability uses (so every once during Awakening) that reduces Holy resist.

For reference, I do also have Orlandeau's Knight and Darkness Awakening as well, and I also have Edward's Holy Chain. I also have Ovelia's USB where each white magic ability used triggers a Holy magic follow up that does six hits.

Basically, I have the makings of both a FFT Team, and a Holy team right now, and I'm wondering if I should approach the next pulls carefully to fill out out my roster.

Like for example, I got Orlandeau's Awakening from the Dark banner, because it's a dark AND holy attack, so other characters that mix elements like that could be desirable in the other banners.

For the record, I have a couple of good Wind, Dark and now Holy characters, and I've pulled on those three banners so far.

Basically as you said, it seems you've got holy on lock down, nice pulls by the way. Can't comment on Cecil's AASB since he usually is pretty sub-par for main DPS (in my experience at least), but between Orlandeau and a combination of Agrias/Cecil you should be able to just chew your way through most holy-weak content even with Edward's chain. Agrias will be useful since she imperils like crazy, and Cecil may help with surviability as off-heals and secondary or tertiary dps. IMO it may be more beneficial to run a Agrais/Orlandeau combo to make up for the lack of PHYS boost on Edward's chain with Agrias' imperils for high level content.

Orlandeau benefits from having dual elements, but suffers from having a lack of en-element. To my knowledge he doesn't have en-element, but that shouldn't stop you from rolling through content that isn't 6* Magicites. He'll also benefit from a crit damage boost like Ignis BSB or Tyro USB4 to ensure he hits for 19999 under AASB since his AASB already gives a 100% crit rate.

I don't recall what your other elements are like, but getting Bartz's AASB would be a real get since he can basically spellblade through 6 elements, and en-element for 4 of them through various BSBs or unique/SSBs. I've used him as my primary damage dealer on 5 Odin run's (currently taking a break from Lightning Weak Odin but he is there), and I imagine the same could be said for Rydia AASB, but she also suffers from the same "issue" as Bartz.

It's always a good idea to have a good balance in all elements, but I've found that over time it just sort of balances itself out. So I guess my advice would be to pull where you feel you have a deficiency and go from there.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Basically as you said, it seems you've got holy on lock down, nice pulls by the way. Can't comment on Cecil's AASB since he usually is pretty sub-par for main DPS (in my experience at least), but between Orlandeau and a combination of Agrias/Cecil you should be able to just chew your way through most holy-weak content even with Edward's chain. Agrias will be useful since she imperils like crazy, and Cecil may help with surviability as off-heals and secondary or tertiary dps. IMO it may be more beneficial to run a Agrais/Orlandeau combo to make up for the lack of PHYS boost on Edward's chain with Agrias' imperils for high level content.

Orlandeau benefits from having dual elements, but suffers from having a lack of en-element. To my knowledge he doesn't have en-element, but that shouldn't stop you from rolling through content that isn't 6* Magicites. He'll also benefit from a crit damage boost like Ignis BSB or Tyro USB4 to ensure he hits for 19999 under AASB since his AASB already gives a 100% crit rate.

I don't recall what your other elements are like, but getting Bartz's AASB would be a real get since he can basically spellblade through 6 elements, and en-element for 4 of them through various BSBs or unique/SSBs. I've used him as my primary damage dealer on 5 Odin run's (currently taking a break from Lightning Weak Odin but he is there), and I imagine the same could be said for Rydia AASB, but she also suffers from the same "issue" as Bartz.

It's always a good idea to have a good balance in all elements, but I've found that over time it just sort of balances itself out. So I guess my advice would be to pull where you feel you have a deficiency and go from there.

Appreciated! I'm still trying to build up my stuff, so any good strategies I can get are fully appreciated!

Now all I need is a good Atk buff USB, or one of Onion Knight's buff Bursts, and I'll be set to conquer anything I must! I have a fair enough spread to defeat any challenge!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Razorrin:

You have more AASBs and far better Holy than I do, and I've been here since day 4. My best physical Holy DPS is still Marche USB and TGC OSB, 2017 tech. TGC AASB and TGC AASB is enough to sub-30 the FFT D??? Torment, and with Edward CSB youcan beat Holy-weak D.Odin, which is the hardest Holy-based fight in the game. So congrats. :|

Random updates:

Adamantoise sub-30:

Super late to the party, but I finally got off my ass to sub-30 this with the tools I got in Fest well over a month ago. Mastered in 26.25:

Fujin (LM1+LM2): Raging Storm, Wrath, Ace Striker (CSB/USB), double wind boost
Rydia (LM1+LM2): Dark Valefor, Dualcast summon RM (AASB), one wind boost
Elarra (LM1+LM2): Dispel, ACM, Mako Might (USB1)
Ultimecia (LM1+LM2): CHain Tornado, Tornado, Scholar's Boon (USB1), double wind boost
OK (BLK LM2+LMR1): Meltdown, Protectga, DMT (mUSB), double wind boost

RW: Guardian
Magicites: Syldra (HP Boon/Dampen Earth), Typhon (Empower Wind x2), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (Mag Boon x2), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast)

At least 100 magia on everyone in main stat, for what it's worth.

Nothing special here. Gen 2 magic chain (my first!) + AASB = dominance first try, even with some sloppy rounds and taking time to refresh OK mUSB for Hastega. Once you're able to break savage consistently, the fight becomes dirt simple, pun intended.

That's 16/16 on the 5* magicite front. As far as end game goes, I still have 10 D???s to sub-30 and 7 D.Odins to beat. Who knows when/if I'll get through all that, since this game has been on a serious backburner for me where I do little but grind crystals and weekly events.

Hell, I only managed to get around to fighting Adamantoise again since I remembered it's a new month and I need to 20 magicites for the mythril, and I didn't feel like grinding Phoenix again just yet. Normally I would have that done by the second day in the month, but as I said, this game has taken a back seat to other things. Guess I'll trudge through a bunch today (no need for Power or Fire cystals).

D350 Shiva mastered solo

I don't think anyone cares about this one particularly. This has been out for a while, but I only finally got around to beating it a few days ago. Went with a fire team of Gilgamesh (CSB), Rydia (AASB), Vivi (USB1), OK (mUSB) and Elarra (USB1), with OK slinging Vortex to keep the Stops under control. High MND where possible. Shiva put up little resistance.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Razorrin:

You have more AASBs and far better Holy than I do, and I've been here since day 4. My best physical Holy DPS is still Marche USB and TGC OSB, 2017 tech. TGC AASB and TGC AASB is enough to sub-30 the FFT D??? Torment, and with Edward CSB youcan beat Holy-weak D.Odin, which is the hardest Holy-based fight in the game. So congrats. :|

Ohhh man, way to make a guy feel bad! I'll wield this holy might in your honour, ShinUltima! Plus, I just found out each character can use a different Holy Artifact, and I have all the record materia for Daggers, Swords and Katanas, so once I build these three up a bit and get their Awakenings mastered (except for Agrias, she's good to go right now!), they'll be ready to go crazy at any time!

I now fear no foe who submits to the light! Or at least is indifferent to the light!

Also, I'm actually kinda glad that Edward is in there, he's one of my favourite Final Fantasy characters, and I love the music associated with him to death! I hope he shows up in DFFOO one of these days!

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Finally got Syldra down to relatively stable sub-30 kill now. Even with Squall AASB and Serah CSB, this was pretty painful.

Laguna - Icy Offering R4 - SSB (imperil) - Ace Striker
Squall - Snowspell Strike R4 - AASB, BSB2/AOSB - TGM
Onion - Entrust R3, Wrath R5 - pUSB - MM
Rosa - Shellga R2, Wrath R4 - USB2 - DMT
Serah - Dispel R2, Vortex R4 - USB (radiant), CSB - Battleforged

Would've liked to have brought along another DPS, but I had to bring Onion for Haste and Entrusting to Rosa since she just couldn't keep up with the damage on her own. ActStriker, I'm mystified how you manage with a solo healer, haha. Really helps to have Squall's AASB go first right before Serah's CSB so his finisher hits right at the end of the Chain.

Got enough for a max Syldra now. Think I need to farm up two Lv. 80 Syldras for their MAG Boon 20s to inherit onto Madeen, right? Suppose I might want a third for a ATK/MAG Madeen, but ugh.

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't know this interesting banner was on the way. I could use better lighting and ice toys, plus Raines upgrades are always nice to have. Pulled 2/11.

Lightning Woke
Lightning 6lint

I'll take it!

Last edited:

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
This has been a lousy day in a string of a couple lousy weeks. Really needed a big win here. I didn't get it:

1/11 - Snow AASB
2/11 - Snow Glint, Lighting LMR2
1/11 - Lightning USB3

Okay, Snow AASB is definitely welcome. But it was my least wanted of the three AASBs - I need Lightning/Dark stuff more. Lighting LMR2 is more of an insult than anything, though I guess her USB3 is nifty - a replacement for Marche at last. My Holy tech has moved up a tiny bit! Now when am I getting an AASB to use it with?

Overall quantity was poor, quality was mediocre, AASB notwithstanding. Not the kind of pulls I was looking for after a lousy day/week. And I'm all out of mythril. Sigh.

Onward to FFXV or Fest banner with Tyro/Elarra, whichever comes first.

Oct 29, 2017
4 pulls

Lightning AASB
Lightning USB
Snow AASB
Snow 6* Glint
Raines AOSB
Raines Glint

Really happy with this, I got everything I wanted for Lightning, and Snow's AASB should help with ice-weak Odin. Would have loved his AOSB too but great haul regardless.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
100 Gem - Lightning LMR (dupe)
1/11 - Snow Glint
2/11 - Lightning LMR (dupe again), Lightning Awakening
2/11 - Snow Awakening x2

Snow's Awakening is what I wanted the most, so I'm very pleased with it that. (And his stacking EnIce Glint is excellent.) The Lightning Awakening is a bonus.

Might do one more pull to try for Snow's other relics, (Raines' stuff would be nice too) but now I feel I can finally beat Syldra!

Oct 30, 2017
I just discovered that Seifer Woke was better than I realized. I kind of put him aside and forgot about him because it didn't look like it'd have elemental infusion and my dark options are highly competitive. When I pulled his Chain, I fielded him to start getting magia and realized that not only does his Woke have infusion, it has TWO infusions. The special status it gives him makes his next fire/dark attack grant him the corresponding infusion. Neato. We need better status information in-game.