• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Not pulling here, but jealous! My xiii team is sub 40 and mag based so only a rained relic would help. I killed lightning weak odin yesterday so that's off the table, and I already took out ice weak. Granted an aasb would reconfigure the team that could probably do the sub 30 but with no chance of Odin help, I'm good. (My dark is phys)

Target pulls- desperately need a holy aasb or 2. Water and dark weak Incan probably kill if I work at it more.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Did 2 pulls on this banner and went 7/22.

Lighting lmr x2
Raines glint
Lighting 6* glint
Lighting usb3?
Snow aasb
Lighting aasb

Great haul but I was hoping for Raines aasb over Snow.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Holy shit, I did the Lightning element Banner, and I got Rek's USB, Son of Dalmasca! I not only have a good Atk and Haste buff now, but it also has a Damage reflect shield! Ohmygod, I'm super happy!

Here's my Holy team for general content right now.

Orlandeau: AASB, DCLM, Katana Art & RM (Holy/Dark DPS)

Agrias: AASB, Dagger Art & RM (Holy DPS & Small Resist Down)

Paladin Cecil, AASB, Sword Art & RM (Holy DPS & Party Damage Shield on AASB, saves my bacon!)

Edward, Holy Chain & SB Start RM (Holy Chain & Entrust bot to healer)

Elarra, USB & SB Start RM (Healing, Regen & Delay Down)

With this team, after a little bit of setup with Wrath and Lifesiphon, along with a Hastega from Elarra, I can get my party into it's groove with a Holy Chain going off before the AASB's, and then it's nothing but Assault Sabres for me! Then, Edward builds up SB to give to Elarra for emergencies, or to supplement DPS with it's delay down.

Plus, the last slot for Elarra can be to decrease enemy attacking stats or use an attack bard buff, depending on how rough the enemies offense is.

I'm actually really lucky to have gotten Cecil's AASB, because that three hit party shield is a real butt-saver when the going gets rough.

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
ugh so salty lol.

3/11 - Lightning USB x2, Snow Glint
2/11 - Snow LMR, Lightning LMR dupe
1/11 - Raines AOSB
2/11 - Snow AOSB, Lighting LMR Dupe
2/11 - Lightning USB x2 again!
3/11 - Raines AASB, Snow AOSB, Raines LMR

All I wanted was Lightning's AASB...lol might try and scrounge up enough mythril from this login bonus to try again...

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey, I just found out I can get that Ramza Burst Katana, Kiyimori, that haste's and Atk buffs, and has a burst ability that raises SB by a ton, should I go for that with shards? I have chant, so it'll go great with that for buffing Orlandeau, and donating SB to characters with broken USB's I can use, like Sephiroth or Elarra.

Or, since I don't have Ramza's chain, but I do have Edward's, I can get Edward's Burst that raises everyone's Atk, lowers all enemies holy resist by 2, and gives him debuff burst abilities. Then, when Agrias attacks, she'll persist the debuff with her follow up, allowing Edward to facilitate both Holy Resist Down, Attack up, and the Holy Chain, leading to immense damage!

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Do you think they'll release Awakenings for Tyro and Elarra one of these days, or is that crazy? It feels crazy, I don't even know what tyro's Awakening would even do! Elarra would most likely Doublecast White Magic and/or bard abilities, but He's supposed to be a jack of all trades, I wonder what his could be...

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
They came out a little while back in Japan's last fest. Tyro's is basically an upgrade to his USB4 and Elarra's does what most healer Awakenings do (I think) and grant a rank-based medica chase.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
On the plus side getting aasbs for lightning and snow allowed me to easily sub 30 the 13 torment.

On the minus side I wasn't planning on getting Ironfist Ice so that really chewed into my crystal supply.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Razorrin:

Tyro/Elarra AASBs arrive in the fest at the end of September.

The burst you're referring to for Ramza is his BSSB2. It's a very good support burst in general for physical teams in general, essentially replacing his earlier, meta-defining SSB SHout (it provides Hastega and party ATK+50%). That said, I'm not sure how much boost you'll get in your Holy team with it despite the fact that it provided En-Holy to Ramza. And Edward can already entrust AND he can run Warrior's Hymn, so Ramza isn't especially needed. Edward BSSB might be a better fit for you, though I'm not sure if I would get that either - as noted, Edward can run Warrior's Hymn, and Agrias can imperil perfectly fine on her own. I think what you have is good enough to run roughshod over anything that doesn't resist/null Holy. I think the only fight that might give your team trouble is Holy-weak Dark Odin, which is the current hardest holy-weak fight in the game.

Regardless, I would not use Lenses to get any BSSBs at this point.

Frankly, I would think that P.Cecil is the weak link in that team of yours, since the damage reduction only lasts for 3 hits (not even three turns!) and he can only use it once. If you had his wall-clone USB I could see that being better to use, but I suppose once you have CHain up and 3 AASBs going, nothing is going to last long enough to hurt you. I have none of those AASBs so I could be wrong.

Fake edit:

I just remembered: Can you get Ramza BSSB2 from Acolyte Archives? I forget. Cause the FFT D??? Torment would absolutely be the place to use Ramza BSSB2 if nowhere else (you won't be able to bring Edward there - or you could, but you're likely not strong enough to overcome the penalty for doing so). It would be good for physical teams where you don't have a chain, as well.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
ShinUltima:

Oh, I totally understand it doesn't make him better at holy stuff by that much, it just links up to his Chain if I ever get it, as it provides a solid buff to the team, and can be used right before the chain. That way he can provide a solid buff to the team, start the chain, then provide additional support in either Damage, or Entrust, or what have you.

However, I don't have his chain, so it's a moot point regardless.

I'll say that Cecil's AASB, while admittedly not as broadly effective as you say, is still something that I have come to appreciate as a defensive measure against strong blows, as it's 15 hits of damage reduction spread between the 5 characters has helped me greatly as a preliminary defensive measure. I guess it's mostly a bonus of circumstance.

I'll hold onto my lenses until I luck upon a valuable enough SB to fit a team with, and need something to accompany it. Otherwise, any turns used after an Awakening should be used to perform high grade, high damage abilities!

I'm under a dreadful assumption that I'm not gonna get a good Knight 6* anytime soon, however, and that saddens me...

By the way, You most certainly can get Ramza's BSSB2 through the archives, making it quite a valuable addition should he have a good space in the party. However, as good as it's abilities are, It shares the same buff with His Holy CSB, so it's likely only useful to those who can make the most of the Souped-up SB charge ability it provides in it's Burst.

Good advice with Edward, however! I'll make sure he keeps up the Bardic Attack Buffs he can provide! Maybe I'll give him Wrath as well, and Orlandeau's delay down RM to keep up speed, and have Elarra focus on debuffing defense...

Oh, as an aside, I hate Neo Bahamut, I know he's built so you can't bruteforce your way through his mechanics, but that sucks and I wish I could. You have to use summons way too much for the amount of times you can afford to do so.

Oct 25, 2017
2000 lvl 3 lenses on the dot.
Master matoya garland, one of for the torment (better to wait and pull on banner in a few weeks since I need a holy aasb)
Sazh torment (but really need nabaats lmr and luck)
Kimhari/wakka for torment and maybe odin

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, as an aside, I hate Neo Bahamut, I know he's built so you can't bruteforce your way through his mechanics, but that sucks and I wish I could. You have to use summons way too much for the amount of times you can afford to do so.

IIRC he came out before a bunch of the Summon buffs so it should be pretty easy to clear.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Struggling with 4* motes should I be hitting magicite before trying to clear 4* motes? I've cleared out all the lower bosses for nightmares but only have 4 of the base nightmares done. Prepping for those bosses and building the right team for them is becoming so tedious. Mainly because I've been mostly focusing on my main 5 (almost 6) people. Tifa and Sephiroth with AASBs, squall and zidane with AOs, Yshtola with burst and wall, and Garnet with... well... summons and USBs has been enough to carry me so far. Everyone is roughly level 200 magia lvl 99 dived through 4* spheres lvl 28 elemental artifacts and first level maxed crystal water. Does magicite make that large of a difference and is there anything to help make the nightmares easier other than grinding out the right people or am I just going to have to level grind 20ish heroes to 99 to get through these without luck?

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need magicites for mote dungeons. Keep in mind though a one-size-fits-all party doesn't really work with a bunch of the harder content.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah what is going to help you here is getting away from the idea of using the same team for different content. Even with super OP relics. You are going to hit a wall with that approach.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to start leveling the right people then haha. That said is there a general pattern of teams to setup? Like a full team of black magic casters, a couple of healers, a full team of phys dmg people, a couple of summoners, wall caster, and overstrike/AO/bursts for each element or am I going to have to go for a wider spread? I've got 7 at 99 without dives/magia and whatnot but hoping I can get it around a pool of 15-ish otherwise the mountain of grinding for more than that may weaken my motivation to keep going through this haha. Started playing when this came out for nostalgia, picked it up again for the same, but if I'm going to have to dump all my faves most of the time and mindlessly grind a bunch of side characters for months I may just take a break.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to start leveling the right people then haha. That said is there a general pattern of teams to setup? Like a full team of black magic casters, a couple of healers, a full team of phys dmg people, a couple of summoners, wall caster, and overstrike/AO/bursts for each element or am I going to have to go for a wider spread? I've got 7 at 99 without dives/magia and whatnot but hoping I can get it around a pool of 15-ish otherwise the mountain of grinding for more than that may weaken my motivation to keep going through this haha. Started playing when this came out for nostalgia, picked it up again for the same, but if I'm going to have to dump all my faves most of the time and mindlessly grind a bunch of side characters for months I may just take a break.

Generally you want to create teams based on Elements which is especially important going into Magicite fights. Teams might be slightly different depending on your Soul Breaks. Optimal teams usually have 2/3 DPS, 1/2 Support and 1 Healer. If you have an elemental chain you should definitely use them. Chains are the best way to boost party DPS, especially for harder content. It's often easier to boost a team if they are all physical or all magic but with the right setup you can have a combination of the two. Eventually for 5* magicite you need a team that does physical damage and a team that does magical damage. For example my Earth team going into the physical 5* magicite was:

Bartz USB1 - DPS1
Tifa USB2 - DPS2
Galuf Chain - DPS/Support
Tyro USB3 - Support
Elara USB1 - Healer

It isn't important to grind Magia for your side characters. Only the top tier content can magia truly make a difference between completion and not. Just start leveling people with great relics to 99. Eventually you will get lots of motes where you will be able to Legend Dive them. Often people like going after relics for characters who are great over several elements. This helps reduce the amount of characters that need to be used. For example Bartz is a spell blade master and is amazing in 4 elements(Wind/Water/Fire/Earth) and is still good in 2 others (Ice/Lightning).

When it comes to Nightmares lot of the fights are puzzle fights. It may help to look at guides on Reddit. I can't remember when BSBs were released but I'm pretty sure I was able to clear most of the nightmare dungeons without them. With 4* motes make sure that you are bringing characters that hit the bosses weakness.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Playing a bit of catchup now, been busy trying to knock down the game backlog so I've been in daily/event only mode for a while. I did a fairly quick runthrough of all of the dwhale Torments just to get a general idea of where I was at and what I needed to focus on in terms of relic pulls, dives, artifacts, lens, magia, etc. So most of these were only a couple of attempts, little to no magia, etc. Where I'm at currently:

FF1 - 10%
FF2 - 70%
FF3 - 70%
FF4 - 55.2 clear
FF5 - 55.0 clear
FF6 - 34.8 clear (this is easily a sub-30 with current tweaks)
FF7 - sub-30 done
FF8 - 45.18 clear
FF9 - 77%
FF10 - 65%
FF11 - 71%
FF12 - 58.01 clear
FF13 - 46%
FF14 - 51%
FF15 - 50%
FFT - 39.8 clear
FF0 - 33%

Some of these realms I know where my issues clearly are (like Yuna's SSB being my best medica option in FF10 currently etc), some I don't. Just to try to focus at one at a time on ones I'm closest on, looking for feedback on my FF3 team first since I'm close and I have a AASB. This is what I have to work with within FF3 that would be at all potentially relevant (ignoring Unique SBs etc);

Luneth - 5* dived with Wind Glint, BSB, OSB and USB1 (enWind and Wind quickcast)
Arc - 4* dived with both SSBs, both BSBs and Holy/Water chase USB1
Refia - 4* dived with enFire and w-cast Fire LMR's and BSB
Ingus - 5* dived with earth chain and AASB
Onion Knight - 5* dived with instacast x2 LMR, BSB, pUSB, mUSB and OSB
Cloud of Darkness - 3* dived with enDark LMR and BSB (radiant shield)
Aria - 4* dived with BSB and USB (fire stoneskin)

OK's got 200 magia, everyone else has little to none. Except for Syldra I've fully cleared and farmed all other 5* magicites and I have fairly optimal decks built elemental-wise, so just about everything should be on the table for me magicite-wise. I'm still sitting on like 7 artifacts and ~1k shards and I've got most 6* abilities at at least r3 if not higher, so assume I either or can make/hone anything I need to bring to the table. Also I'm pretty sure for any element and team I can have everyone with a +element weapon and armor.

It's been a couple weeks since I tried this one, but my general issue as far as I remember was keeping up with the incoming DPS, but also being surprised that Ingus was struggling to cap per hit even with realm chain up and the boss imperil'd (I tried bringing Shell Dragon as my main magicite for the imperil). My best attempt was running:

OK w/pUSB and Shellga/Curada (backup healer, earlier runs Aria couldn't keep up solo)
Luneth w/Glint, USB and Cyclone Bolt/Sky High
Ingus w/AASB, Magic Breakdown and Earth Sabre
Refia w/BSB, Burning Rush and Ironfist Fire
Aria w/USB and Ultra Cure

Shell Dragon as main magicite for earth Imperil to help Ingus, Sylph w/double dampen Earth, Adamantoise with x3 Empower Earth, Madeen w/double ward and Madeen w/double Attack Boon. Honestly Refia and Luneth were both doing solid damage so I tried to build around Ingus but like I mentioned above except under imperil and under very high RW realm chain he wasn't even hitting 19999 a hit which was really surprising to me, I'm not sure how much of it is because there's no 6* earth ability he can equip? Also I tried Earthbringer instead of Earth Sabre but didn't seem to be much of a difference and my Earth Sabre is at r5 whereas my Earthbringer is at r4, but I can obviously hone that up. I *do* have Arc's instant SSB, but the boss is 100% magic so the p.blink doesn't help, and his m.blink SSB is just Shellga + Regen with no heal attached. The Shellga would be a slot saver, but I honestly feel like Aria's USB is a much better call since it's instant + Curaga, Major Regen AND fire stoneskin, and the boss has a fire attack.

So at a glance I'm thinking diving Aria and maaaaybe Refia (I might be able to dodge having to dive her since I have her w-cast already?) and 200 magia'ing everyone probably gets me at least a clear, but I'm very open to suggestions here. This is a realm that's made awkward by having different elements. I've tried running Ingus Chain instead of RW chain but then that hurts Luneth and Refia (Refia can earth Monk but her LMR/BSB don't work with it) and that also significantly hurts Ingus getting his AASB up. Although if I can get Aria buffed enough through her dive and I can take OK off backup heal duty I could have OK entrustbot I suppose and run Dr. Mog's heal instead? I also kind of have no idea what to do here magicite wise; my double ward and double ATK Madeens are probably a lock, along with Adamantoise with the x3 empower earth for Ingus, but wasn't sure beyond that. I brought a double dampen earth per several reddit recommendation since the boss has an AoE earth attack on 4 out of 5 phases, and I tried Shell Dragon for the imperil to try to get Ingus' damage up, but I could maybe try running a 3rd Madeen with Fast Act and Health Boon instead? Honestly under Dr Mog's realm chain Luneth/Arc are doing good damage pretty quick so I don't feel like I need to bring any elemental magicite for either of them specifically.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Ok guys, beefing up for Madeen and I need some advice. I know I'm fielding OK and Elarra (no chain!). So I'm wondering for the three spots:

Sephiroth AASB
Nabaat Imperil USB

Kuja USB+OSB (could dive for 2xcast)
Vayne bUSB + LMR (could dive for 2xcast)
Golbez Glint + USB + LMR (dual cast Dark!)
CoD USB (boostga!)
Cid Raines Trusty BSB (already dived for 2xcast)
Ultimecia bUSB (this is actually Dark Wind so eh... but instant and Brave Command might be handy).

I'm even thinking about benching OK for COD and fielding another mage. What do you guys think?

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Generally you want to create teams based on Elements which is especially important going into Magicite fights. Teams might be slightly different depending on your Soul Breaks. Optimal teams usually have 2/3 DPS, 1/2 Support and 1 Healer. If you have an elemental chain you should definitely use them. Chains are the best way to boost party DPS, especially for harder content. It's often easier to boost a team if they are all physical or all magic but with the right setup you can have a combination of the two. Eventually for 5* magicite you need a team that does physical damage and a team that does magical damage. For example my Earth team going into the physical 5* magicite was:

Bartz USB1 - DPS1
Tifa USB2 - DPS2
Galuf Chain - DPS/Support
Tyro USB3 - Support
Elara USB1 - Healer

It isn't important to grind Magia for your side characters. Only the top tier content can magia truly make a difference between completion and not. Just start leveling people with great relics to 99. Eventually you will get lots of motes where you will be able to Legend Dive them. Often people like going after relics for characters who are great over several elements. This helps reduce the amount of characters that need to be used. For example Bartz is a spell blade master and is amazing in 4 elements(Wind/Water/Fire/Earth) and is still good in 2 others (Ice/Lightning).

When it comes to Nightmares lot of the fights are puzzle fights. It may help to look at guides on Reddit. I can't remember when BSBs were released but I'm pretty sure I was able to clear most of the nightmare dungeons without them. With 4* motes make sure that you are bringing characters that hit the bosses weakness.

Thank you, this was amazing advice. Made me realize the role I wasn't paying attention to the most and was my usual downfall was support. Started fiddling with getting boostga and walls up more often and paying attention to dispels for buffing bosses and I'm doing a lot better.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Midramble:

You definitely don't need to do magicites before 4* mote dungeons. The latter are much easier than the former.

If you haven't realised it by now, FFRK is less a "play with your favourite characters" game than a character manager where you field the best units for a task. Most of the higher content requires elementally-focused teams. You won't be able to field the same characters for every fight.

But even beyond that, team construction is crucial. A team of Tifa, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane and Y'Shtola is horrible no matter how you look at it - 4 different elements, no buff or even debuff support, and while Y'Shtola with wall/BSSB is okay for healing, that's going to fall off hard later on. And Garnet doesn't really work well with any of those characters.

Oh, and characters with AOSBs only are largely useless beyond the most basic of content. You can stick with Tifa and Seph with their AASBs, but you're going to want to chuck Squall and Zidane until you get better stuff for them. Sorry.

Don't worry about "grinding side characters". This game gives out so many growth eggs, not to mention XP daily is a thing, that you'll have every character at L99 sooner than you think. Generall you're going to be levelling up whichever characters you get relics for, regardless. Magia grinding isn't necessary for anyone particularly, though it does help for end game like Torments and Dark Odin. But usually only 200 magia is worthwhile (for main stat and HP), everything else after that is just a small bonus.

As for the Nightmares, two things to note:

1) These were released when level cap was 80. So these were beaten with characters in the L65-80 range.

2) These are largely puzzle fights, not standard fights. Many can be bruteforced nowadays with the right RW, but depending on what team you're fielding, you'll still likely have to at least pay lip service to the gimmick. As in, you're still going to have bring a couple summoners to Neo Bahamut, mages to Kaider Dragon, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
PJCxyiel.png

My worst streak of luck since the daily rate change has finally ended. I had previously gone the past 2 months getting nothing but a garbage shared SB relic and a dupe Strago LMR. Now have a really good lightning team with Ashe, Shantotto and Sora.

Oct 29, 2017
Don't worry about "grinding side characters". This game gives out so many growth eggs, not to mention XP daily is a thing, that you'll have every character at L99 sooner than you think.

Yeah, leveling characters to 99 is the last thing you need to worry about in this game. I have 3000 major growth eggs sitting in inventory and I can't remember the last time I had a character who wasn't at 99. You will have every character you use leveled before you know it.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
You probably actually want to egg characters up to 99 (prioritizing those that you have relics for) ASAP anyway so at least they're getting magia instead

Oct 29, 2017
I'm curious what the remaining Accolades will be, especially the rainbow level ones. It's a cool idea (I'm a big achievement/trophy guy) but seems a little bit wasted in a game where you barely interact with other players.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Odin update:

WHle a lot easier than the wink-weak version, it still took over three hours for me to clear the ice-weak one. And that was following a sub-30 team that I could copy exactly, only to find various RNG pain points made it nearly impossible to reproduce. When things finally went right (albeit in a different order), I walked out with a win in 34.35:

Squall (LM2+LMR2): R4 SSS, R5 Life Siphon, Dualcast Spellblade RM (AASB/BSSB2/AOSB), double ice boost
Laguna (LM1+LM2): R4 Freezing Snipe, R3 Icy Offering, Mako MIght (USB1/CSB), double ice boost
Bartz (LM2+LMR2): R5 SSS, Truthseeker (AASB), double ice boost
Ignis (LMR): R5 Wrath, R5 Entrust, DMT (BSSB)
Rosa (LM1+LMR): R3 Dispel, R5 Wrath, Acestriker (USB2)

RW: Mage

Magicites: Manticore (Empower Ice x2), Mateus (SPell Ward/Dampen Wind), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward), Madeen (ATK Boon x2), Lakshmi (Mnd+HP Boon)

My approximate turn order is as follows:

Squall: Life Siphon x3, BSSB2, AASB, CMD1 (pary for triple cast), CMD2 spam, AOSB if necessary
Laguna: USB1, Ice Offerying spam, CSB, Icy Offering spam, Freezing Snipe spam, USB1 and/or CBS refresh as necessary
Bartz: Skip turn, SSS spam, AASB, SSS spam
Ignis: BSSB, CMD2 Bartz, CMD1, CMD2 Squall, Entrust Squall, CMD2 Squall, magicite, Wrath, Entrust Rosa, RW, entrust whoever needs it most
Rosa: Wrathx2, Dispel, USB2, Wrath, USb2, Wrath, wait for T8 Aeroga, USB2, Wrath, Wrath, USb2, USB2 after P3 stun, USB2 as gauge permits

I was following the clear in this video:

Looked simple enough. Especially since, unlike a lot of clear vids I see, I have everything in this vid, even Squall's otherwise questionable LMR2. But following this proved to be extremely painful. Notable issues;

1) It's probably because this user doesn't have Bartz USB1 which has 5 speed mastery, but my initial turn order was different to his. Bartz would always go second instead of last. This actually has consequences: WHen Rosa goes before Bartz, she gets to time Wrath, Wrath, Dispel in time so that when the party gets hit by the 3 2-Hit attack, she gets her turn to USB2 after that. This only works if Bartz times SSS as late as possible, after Rosa has her turn. If he does SSS second, Odin is faster than the timing showed in this video by a whole second and the party gets wiped by 12 seconds. I was able to get around this by skipping Bartz turn and lightning press everyone else's turns to get back to Bartz in time, but it didn't always work out. Another solution, which was more guaranteed but made things messier down the line, was to simple Wrath, Wrath, USB2, then dispel. I ultimately won with this, but it was definitely a mess in the middle. Half of my runs were spent in failing to get out of Phase 1 due to fat-fingering the intial turns when someone's turn came out of order - WHERE'S MY GODDAMN WAIT MODE, DENA?

2) ICy Offering procs are total RNG, though this was the least of my worries in this fight. Still, a late run with no imperil means Bartz has trouble breaking higher Savage ranks.

3) Speaking of RNG, Bartz can quad cast at the wrong time, sending Odin to L3 Savage right before T10 Zantesuken and no one lined up to break the savage. That happened to me a few times.

4) Squall needs to triple cast BSSB CMD1 after BSSB2+AASB are up or things potentially fall apart later. In about a dozen or so tries, Squall only triple cast CMD1 twice for me, and both ended in failure. I actually managed to win on a run where I had to do CMD1 twice, but as noted above, it was a mess.

5) Squall needs to triple cast BSSB CMD2 as many times as possible. Thankfully, on my winning run, I did get this, which was the only reason I won. Managed to get Odin to 40% threshold, then Squall triple cast CMD2. First 19999x7 put Odin into Phase 3, then 19999x7x2 took him deep into it before the stun. If that didn't truple cast, I would not have won. I guess it was to make up for a run where I would have won, but I fat fingered Squall's SSS instead of CMD2 at a crucial moment.

In the end, I had a mad scramble to finish. Squall AASB and BSSB ran out, though chain was still in effect, so I got that 10 hit + 999999 attack for another 200,000 damage. Managed to refresh chain and drop AOSB for a mere 40,000 x3, but that, Laguna USB, and some Bartz SSSs took Odin to a pixel of health. Fabula Mage finished him off. Good thing took, because I couldn't take any more hits.

I must say, compared to wind-weak Odin, Bart performed a lot better here. Even without USb2, he had no problem breaking L3 Savage with just AASB and L2 imperil. I guess Ice-weak is one of the less bulky ones.

That's 2/8 Odins down. No idea which one to try next - I figure water-weak might be my best bet.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Pulling on tonight's banner. Really need some water tech. Belias is a roadblock which is stopping me from Mateus then Typhon.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Pulled on the XIII banner, saw three discos and was pretty stoked. Raines AOSB and Snow AOSB x2. Dupes on the same pull should be literally illegal. Contemplating a second pull.

What banners are you guys saving for now? Feeling a little lukewarm on the upcoming fest and I'm not sure if there're any event banners that're considered standout before the December fest with the Synchro SBs.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Went 1/11 (of course, I haven't had more than 1/11 since 4th anniversary) but did get strago awakening. Which I desperately needed.

Oct 29, 2017
I wasn't going to pull tonight, but I was out and had a few beers which put me in the mood to get waifu Celes some relics. Worked out well since I ended up with her AASB, en-Ice LMR, and Locke's Glint.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
100 gems - Locke AASB!

Holy shit! A grand prize from 100 gems! This hasn't happened since I snagged Ultimecia USB1 on debut last year, the only thing I wanted from that banner. I also don't 100 gem very often since I usually only have leftover gems from Dream selects, so I'm extremely grateful.

Locke is not just an absolute favourite FF character (this is the first time I've pulled anything good for him that was also timely), I needed the fire coverage too - perhaps I'll tackle fire-weak Odin next, though I hear he's a pain (which is saying a lot, since they're all painful thus far).

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
"i guess i can budget 1 pull here since FF6 d??? is at 45s and sorely needs some kind of solution for sub30"

zkxAbJnl.png

"oh"

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Already putting Locke AASB to work. Mastered D350 Siegfried first try in 21.34:

Relm (LM2+LMR): Holyja, Protectga, MM (BSSB), double Holy boost
Terra (LM2+LMR1): CHain Firaja, Lunar Ifrit, Acestriker (USB1/AOSB), double fire boost
Locke (LM1+LM2): Mug Bloodlust, Fire Assault, Gathering Storm (AASB), double fire boost
Gogo (LM1+LM2): Meltdown, Shellga, DMT (USB), double fire boost
Kefka (LM1+LM2): Necro COuntdown, Allegro Con Moto, Dualcast Dark RM (no SB), double dark boost

RW: Wall

Magicites: Lakshmi (MND Boost/Dampen Dark), Belias (2 xEmpowr Fire), Hecatoncheir (HP Boon/Dampen Lightning), Madeen (MAg Boon x2), Madeen (HP Boon/Fast Cast)

This is my sub-30 Torment team, slightly modified. Locke AASB is obviously new (was using his USB1 before), but I also updated the accessories with a couple Odin ones. Didn't check the magicites, they should have been updated (I have a LAkshmi with HP Boon/MND Boon), but oh well. Lost Terra and Gogo to damage near the end, but Locke was able to finish with no problem.

Quite glad to get this done with little issue. Really not in the mood to be fighting up with these.

On a somewhat related note, not that anyone cares, but I solo'd the D350 Gilgamesh & Enkidu (hey, did you know Greg and Enkidu was our first MP fight?) with my usual wind team (Cloud/Shelke/OK/Elarra/Zack) using only slightly modified tactics from what I use against weekly D220s.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Barbarica USB yesterday on the daily draw which was nice, and snagged Mog realm chain off a 100 gem pull on the banner.

Going to tend my wounds after chasing for Lightning AASB which I never did get. Consolation prizes in Raines and Snow AASB but will try again during fest.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
I guess this Accolade system is doing it's job - I didn't get the Accolade for completing all D??? Torments since I hadn't even attempted 4 of them, so I got off my ass and did them. It wasn't pretty, and I'm definitely less confident about these than before, but at least I got my L3 Torment Master accolade. Yay.

XIII: Snow AASB, Serah BSSB1/SSB2, Sahz SSB, Raines BSSB, Vanille BSSB

Go to 54% with this team. This team is not good. Serah/Snow don't synergize that well with these relics. I think I'll drop Serah for Lightning w/ USB3. Raines doesn't need the help. Sahz is poor with only Boon and SSB but I have no other buff support. INcoming damage is unbelievable - even with Snow AASB, I still took 5000 AoE from Incubus Holyja. Not a good sign.

IV: Golbez USB2, Rydia AASB/BSSB2/AOSB, Edward, Rosa USB2, Tellah BSSB

Got to 62% with this team, and that was 100% due to Rydia. Golbez, Edward and Tellah are not dived and they were all KOed by turn 3. Rosa and Rydia 2-(wo)manned their way to 62% with no additional help. Guess I'll drop Edward for Edge and see how this goes at a later date.

III: Arc USB2, Luneth, OK mUSB, CoD USB/BSSB2, Aria SSB

Got to 72% with this team. I might have gone further if not for the fact that Luneth got petrified from turn 1 - isn't he supposed to be able to jump in time? Ahriman kept getting his turn right as I was inputting jump. Eh. Anyway, this team lasted a long time thanks solely to Arc USB3, but it didn't output enough damage. Definitely need that 4th character, and I'll probably drop Aria for a damage dealer and let Arc heal. I wasn't impressed with his Holyjas.

One benefit to Luneth getting petrified is that I auto-mastered when I lost, LOL.

I: WoL LMR1/LMR2, Echo BSSB, Sarah USB1, Wol USB, Thief SSB

Got to a lousy 20% with this team. Pathetic. Though that IS an improvement compared to when this first dropped, when I couldn't even make it to 20%. BUt than was before I got Sarah USB1, WoL LMRs (also have his BSSB/OSB, but didn't get to use them) or had 100 magia on everyone. Garland simply does too much damage and my damage output is still abysmal. This was always going to be the last D??? for me and completion seems further away than ever, far less sub-30. Sigh.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled b/c of the characters, Got Locke Glint and Mog LMR.

Didn't even realize the Glint was a disco until after it popped up