• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
XII RoP kicked me in the balls.

1/3 - Balthier USB1 (DUPE).

Un-FUCKING-believable. This is one of my absolute worst realms (D??? is currently a painful, RNG-filled slog at 1:15:15), I only have 6/31 6* relics in this realm (two of those being Vaan/Vayne OSBs), and I still dupe? And it's a dupe of something I got from the daily two months ago (not my last 6*, that was Kelgar USB1 I got last month... which was also a dupe). Holy CHrist, that's not even fucking funny.

The 50 L3 lenses weren't worth this. This is just a goddamn insult.

Goddamit, I was really hoping for something good here. Sigh.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah my xii was a dupe Vayne lmr. Ugh. So close.

Daily draw FFT sb less dagger, spell binder. Sigh, useful only for filling out my equipment history and rainbow shards.

I am in full resource stock mode, have massive work deadlines on Friday so nothing has been afoot at all, I think I can sub 30 at least two more torments but no time.

Delaying lens decisions and hone decisions.
One of
Chain blizzard, stone or water
One of
Lunar dragon lunar leviathan
Stormspell

I guess I've been hoping that I could tweak and sub 30 another torment or two and hone based on Odin alone (water, dark, holy weak to kill)

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
daily prompto USB which makes my choice for who to bring on Lightning weak Odin a tad more complicated. I have both garnets and his chain along with garnet reflect damage USB and now prompto imperil.

My AASBs — Ashe w/ AOSB
Noctis
Sora w/ AOSB

Gotta slot in Astra too which I'll pickup up for Tyro soon

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
II Banner 2: 100 gems - Leon En-Dark LMR.

Not terrible. This will boost his damage in II Torment at least until I get his USB1 online. And hey, any 100 gems hit is a win, really.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Hey, since fest is around the corner, I figured it would be interesting to do a small poll to see where everybody's at in term of relics before we go crazy on fest banners.
The idea is just to post the number of top relics people have. I think AASB, CSB and AOSB are a good indication of current power (even though most people still use mostly USB, it's not super interesting to count those :) ). For those who wonder, you can see the exact numbers in the Equipement Collection in the Library (you can sort by Soul Break type, don't forget to look at both weapons and armors).

I'll start!

AASB: 8
AOSB: 10 including 2 freebies
CSB: 14 including: 3 realm, 3 gen2 and 2 black chocobo freebies (And yet still no earth or holy chain at all!)

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I'll play along.

Aasb: 14, I've gotten incredibly lucky a few of times that has boosted my count here.

Aosb: 20, I'm not huge fan of these so I don't go out of my way trying to pull for them.

Chain: 25; 13 gen 2, 2 realm, 10 gen .5/1. When 5* magicite hit I made it a point to go hard for chains. I have full element coverage and only need magic earth, physical lighting, physical fire, and magic dark to have complete phys/magic coverage.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
AASB: 6 (Bartz, Rydia, Cloud, Squall, Snow, Locke).
AOSB: 21, not including free ones
CSB: 14, not including free ones (13 physical, 1 magic; 9 gen 2 overall). Every element is covered, wind being the most (Zack, Faris, Fujin).

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go:

AASB: 5 (Bartz, Noctis, Zidane, Snow, Raines)
AOSB: 19
Chain: 18

Have full elemental coverage for chains with at least Gen 1. Missing the following gen 2 chains:
Ice MAG
Lightning MAG/PHYS
Fire PHYS
Wind MAG/PHYS
Holy MAG
Earth MAG/PHYS
Water MAG

Have the 2 freebie chains, and Realm chains for IX, VI.

Need better pulls for AASBs lol.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
AASB: 6 (Terra, Bartz, Zidane, Cloud, Squall, Alphinaud)
AOSB: 20 plus 2 free ones.
CSB: 12 plus the 2 free ones. My only lightning chain is Reno's, and no earth chain yet.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
From https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78002528?page=1

Apparently the record board was only a partial release. Only 5 new skills released and none are really amazing.

Onion Knight (Grand Onion Magic): 5 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth magic attacks
Rydia (Summoners' Band): 4 AOE Water/Earth/Holy summon magic attacks
Locke (Mirage Raid): 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, ATK & DEF -50%, ATK & DEF +50% to user
Rikku (Al Bhed Steal): 4 single-target Water physical attacks, ATK & DEF -50%, ATK & DEF +50% to user
Noctis (Shift Flame): 3 single-target Fire physical attacks, Instant Cast 1 to user

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
* Screams in 16:9 *

Well, only 5 of them actually having new abilities is pretty sloppy.. but I guess they wanted the big new update out for 5A
If they update the remaining boards to add the abilities eventually, then its less bad at least.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Thanks guys for playing along with my little poll :)
Nice to see that I'm not so bad on AASB/CSB after all (just missing a few important pieces...). AOSB are something else though! (never really chased them before).

Also got Ysh bUSB from the LotR, now I can seriously think about FF XIV D???, nice!

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Took some time this evening to tackle II Torment again having gained and learned Maria En-Earth LMR (daily some weeks ago), Dualcast LMR +AOSB (11 pull on II banner 1), and Leon En-Dark LMR (II Banner 2 100 gems). I went from 53.96 to 35.73, then 32.13, then a tantalizingly close 30.34, and, after a number of tries, finally got my sub-30 at 29.40. Absolutely got lucky with Minwu triplecast at the very end, right after Ultimate Level Down (never did end up skipping it completely after all). Emperor was paralyzed too since I didn't cast Lakshmi!

Hilda (LM1+LM2): R3 Allegro Con Moto, R4 Enfeebling Jitterbug, Gathering Storm (USB), fire/ice/lightning resist accessory
Leon (LM1+EN-Dark LMR): R4 Memento MOri, R4 Necro COuntdown, Dark DMG+ RM (no SB), double dark boost, D.Odin accessory
Minwu (LM1+W-White LM2): R5 Holyja, R2 Hastega, Holy DMG+ RM (BSSB2/USB2), double holy boost, fire/ice/lightning resist accessory
Maria (En-Earth LMR+W-Earth LMR): R4 Chain Stoneja, R3 Shellga, Scholar's Boon (BSSB/AOSB), double earth boost, D.Odin accessory
Emperor (LM1+En-Earth LMR): R5 Meltdown, R3 Dispel, Earth DMG+ RM (USB1), double earth boost, ice/earth resist accessory

RW: Chain
Magicites: Lakshmi (MND/HP), Adamantoise (Empower Earth x2), Famfrit (HP/Dampen Fire), Madeen (Mag Boon x2), Madeen (HP/Fast Cast)

+100 magia on everyone (MAG for Leon, Maria, Emperor, MND for Minwu/Hilda). Leon is carrying a realm L50 magic bow artifact.

Approximate turn order:

Hilda: Enfeebling Jitterbug, chain, ACM, Enfeebling Jitterbug, ACM, USB, ACM, refresh chain, *magicite before P3 Ultimate Poison Cloud CXXVIII, ACM, Enfeebling Jitterbug, ACM, USB as necessary
Leon: MM, Necro Countdown spam
Minwu: Hastega, Holyja x2, BSSB2, Holyja x2, USB2, Holyja x3
Maria: Shellga, CHain Stoneja x2, BSSB, CHain Stoneja spam, AOSB
Emperor: Dispel, Meltdown x2, USB1, Meltdown spam, USB

*I should point out that the magicite calling is completely theoretical, since I intended to use it before P3 T4 Ultimate Blaze CXXVIII to block sap, but forgot about P3 T3 Ultimate Poison Cloud CXXVIII causing Sap+Paralysis. On my sub-30 run, I ended up not using Lakshmi at all.

That aside, aside from a healthy amount of RNG late in the fight being necessary, the key was to maximize DPS by using Hilda to handle re-freshing chain early and just let the DPSers attack relentlessly. Also, because Minwu kept running out of hones before the end, I started using his BSSB2 first, which allowed me to save USB2 and 3 turns of W-Holyja to blitz down the end along side Maria AOSB and (theoretically) Emperor USB1. On my sub-30 run, the last two Holyja uses were triplecast, giving me an extra 100,000 damage. CLutch.

With the realm artifact bow, Leon's MAG was over 800. With that and his En-Dark LMR, his damage was finally decent, unlike the last time I tried this back in late April. Also realised to ignore his useless USB1 and just keep blasting with Necro Countdown under QC. At high enough chain count at the end, after 25 seconds, his lack of En-Dark made little difference.

Poor Emperor didn't get to do much. I mean he definitely helped with those 9999x4 Meltdowns from the getgo, but no dualcast and his USB1, only used once, was kinda struggling at 8000x8, at best. As noted above, thanks to not using Lakshmi on my sub-30 run, he spent the last 3-4 turns paralyzed, but Minwu/Maria made up the slack, luckily.

That's 14 Torments sub-30'd. Only I, XII, and XIV left. I'm at 36 seconds for XIV, but my only addition since my last attempt is Papalymo Glint, which I doubt will be enough to make up the difference. I and XII are damn hopeless right now, and RoP has already failed me with a useless dupe for XII. Still have I RoP, but otherwise my only hope for those realms two is fest banners.

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent work there!

I killed ii torment at 25.xx earlier but I have emperor's aasb.

Man my 15 is so stacked I auto battled dream humbaba and killed him at 25.80. heh.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
Idk what happened, but the bottom half of the game is cropped on my phone now. I cant navigate the game easily anymore and the bottom options are cut off.

Eh? I tried a bunch of different things to try and fix this, but I'm not sure how to correct this issue.

Guess the game is telling me to hang things up for good.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Are you on Android? It recently had an update to its resolution options, so that may've messed things up for you. I suppose you could try adjusting it through the Menu in the top right or trying what this thread on reddit suggested in your phone's settings.

Oct 29, 2017
Idk what happened, but the bottom half of the game is cropped on my phone now. I cant navigate the game easily anymore and the bottom options are cut off.

Eh? I tried a bunch of different things to try and fix this, but I'm not sure how to correct this issue.

Guess the game is telling me to hang things up for good.
Same thing happened to me, you can fix it by going into your phone settings (not game settings) and enabling fullscreen for FFRK.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Fest banner info: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78034285

Holy crap. Good thing I wasn't that interested in these banners, cause they all seem to be much MUCH worse.

And the one I was the most interested in - banner 1 - got especially hammered. While my dupe number hasn't changed (Vaan AOSB dupe -> Tyro LMR1 dupe), and I was <i>primarily</i> interested in Tyro/Elarra stuff anyway (and Tyro USB3 is a bonus since it's not a dupe and I want it), Vaan AASB and Garland AASB would been useful secondary targets because my FF1 and FFXII realms are still dire. Replacing them with Hope/Auron stuff does nothing for me.

And they completely took the decision to pull for Penelo AASB/USB2 out of my hands by putting the former on a banner with <i>seven</i> dupes and removing the latter entirely.

I suppose Banner 3 doesn't look too terrible for dark, with just one dupe in Seph USB2. But not really interested in Kefka stuff (actually, I know nothing about it) and LOL at P.Cecil still stinking up the banner. Gah.

As for Dreams HUmbaba, I used my XV sub-30 Torment team (Ignis BSSB, Prompto, Iris BSSB, Gladio SSB/OSB, Noctis SSB) on it and only got 38.XX - without realm chain, that party couldn't output enough damage. I then switched to the team I beat XV D??? with originally, a lightning-based one (Ignis BSSB, Prompto CSB/BSSB, Iris BSSB, Aranea USB, Noctis SSB) that I couldn't sub-30 the D??? with, and was able to win sub-30, LOL.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I haven't obtained 1 useful relic in the dupes of the realm. This has been abysmal. Got Kain's chain tonight. Meanwhile I can already sub-30 the phys 5* with no chain.....with Kain's awakening.

I've got one more shot at a chain in luck o' the realms but im not hopeful.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Wow, they did change those banners a lot. Is that the first time they shuffle things around that much?

I had my plan but now I'm not sure anymore...
Banner 4 was perfect for me: Vivi, Cloud, Yuna AASB, and most importantly Hope CSB (the grand prize for me). I only planned to do a couple pulls on banner 1 for Tyro AASB (I don't have his USB4) and then dump all the rest on b4...

Now the good thing is that Hope CSB is on b1 so that gives me a better chance at Tyro AASB at the same time.
The rest though is completely scattered around all banners so I'm not sure anymore. Maybe I'll focus on b4 for physical holy stuff since I don't have any phy holy AASB so that could help for deathgaze.
I'm also tempted to pull on current earth banner as I still don't have an earth chain but my current roadblack is Dark 5* for now so I know I should not :p

I guess how I fare on b1 will dictate the rest of the fest for me anyway.

Tiddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, a Faris chain return? I may pull for that. IIRC Japan never got it again. But Vaan USB...1? WTF, DeNA?

WAIT FIRION USB1? HAhahahahahaha

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Even with Firion USB1, B4 is pretty tailor made for me.

1. No dupes
2. Two holy physical AASB which I'm super weak at.
3. Samurai AASB which I don't have any of (which include ice which I'm weak at).
4. Magical water AASB which is the only element/dam type except physical holy and ice I will not have 2 AASB coverage in the future.
5. My worst chain is my water chain (only Tidus chain)
6. Lightning AASB, I'm gonna go crazy on her synchro banner
7. All the AASBs will be my first with each realm for torment. I'm super weak in FF1 and FF2.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Jux:

DeNA usually makes changes to banners for us. It can vary wildly - sometimes they're better (e.g. when double BSSB went to Triple BSSB years ago), sometimes they're worse. Okay, most of the time they're worse. But to butcher the banners to this extent is rare. The only times I can recall them screwing up the banners this much was the time they removed all chains from the banners, and for 30th Anniversary they nonsensically added a bunch of really old relics like Garland BSSB, Garnet BSSB1, and fucking Tiny Bee.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah another sub 30 down
I
Sarah ld usb2 lmr glint mako
Matoya ld ssb mog
Warrior ld aasb aosb lmr (enholy) gs
Thief ld bsb wind up
Meia ld USB aosb lmr(enwater) ace
Lakshmi quetz geo madee phoe

Rnd 1 Sarah glint, matoya ssb, warrior protecga, thief chain, meia chainwaterja and off to the races. Seitching meia from rm damage to ace striker was thenkey to go from 31.8 to 28.77.

Previous build was all atk with wols bsb but was stuck at 35. Was 3 days from lensing garlands usb1, so quite a breakthrough.

Left to sub30
3 50.48 (haven't tried in a while, going to 500 gem the arc busb)
4 33.52
10 36.57 (have both Lulu and auron aasb but haven't tried lately)
12 54.48 (haven't tried since we'll before Odin came out, have some new tech now)
13 30.88 (ouch)

So 3 are within spitting distance. Xiii being at .88 over is super frustrating!

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha well I for some reason pulled on the lucky and hit for 3 new USBs! But they are Leo's, angeals, and faris' USB?2. The disrupt one. So yeah....hmmm not even level3 lenses

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dang grats on the sub 30 of the FFI torment RPH. That's gotta be the toughest for me.

Very nice.

Thanks! Lots of lm2 doubles and USB quick casts.

Just got 10 under 30. 27.26
Swapped out all defensive magicites and boosted element atk

Lulu aasb lmr en water
Riku usb1
Auron aasb
Paine USB
Yuna USB lmr double glint

All rms were sb gainers to get the aasbs going.

Now 3, 4, 12, 13 to go. Really freeing up the lens USB selections and lds.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
fest starts this Thursday?

Maybe one pull on banner 1 and a couple pulls on banner 4.

Have mostly held off on doing RoP pulls so far, though I did pull on 0, XV, XIII and VI.

0- Deuce LMR which is new to me.

XV - Baeranea (or Arabaea whatever you prefer) USB, which was a nice get. I mini chased this relic way back when.

XIII - Raines AOSB, dupe.

VI - Relm Glint, new. I guess it's heals in a pinch which is nice.

Either way, holding off on most RoP pulls until fest hits to see what I get.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm lucky was a bust 2 dupes but 2 was Maria's USB, I've been pining for it and before netting emperor's aasb in my one pull 1/11 that allowed me to sub 30 the torment, I was going to lens it in October. Now it's just another usb that will be get dusty.

Oct 29, 2017
1/11 dupe on both Unlucky draws so far. Did get Maria AOSB from the FF2 realm draw so that's not bad.

For Wondrous selection, the consensus seems to be that Faris Brave is the most future-proof choice? That's what I'm seeing on Reddit anyway.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Faris? For debuffs? Seems kinda weird with current state of end game right? Am I missing something?

I also saw quite some people wanting Sarah bUSB. For torment's sake and also because medica are probably more future proof than DPS bUSB.
I myself was leaning toward a medica as well (even more after pulling Y'shtola bUSB from the LotR and seeing how effective it was for torment).

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not 100% sold on crushes yet. imo, I would pick Yshtola's bUSB. She is the only XIV healer, and her USB1 is bad (although shield does have an use on XIV torment). Can't rely on her BSB forever

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Faris? For debuffs? Seems kinda weird with current state of end game right? Am I missing something?

I also saw quite some people wanting Sarah bUSB. For torment's sake and also because medica are probably more future proof than DPS bUSB.
I myself was leaning toward a medica as well (even more after pulling Y'shtola bUSB from the LotR and seeing how effective it was for torment).

Faris is for looking ahead to 6* Magicites where her debuff can overwrite the buffs of Shiva and such. It's on my short list, but I question how effective it will be outside that particular set of fights. That being said, it would be better wait until tomorrow to select your bUSB as you never know what you'll get with the free x40 pull.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
That being said, it would be better wait until tomorrow to select your bUSB as you never know what you'll get with the free x40 pull.
Yeah, this and I will probably also pull on the corresponding LotR realm too just in case.
And also: thanks for the explanation, I did not think it was actually useful for 6* magicites.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So... LotR results! Its still missing today's, but ok

0 - Deuce LMR dupe
T - Orran USB
XV - Iris BSB dupe
XIV - Alphi AASB
XIII - Raines USB2
XII - Larsa USB
XI - Ayame glint, Shantotto buildup LMR
X - Paine LMR