• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to figure out a way to maximize Lightning and her SASB.

I have a pretty full deck for Lightning, I have everything except some old SSBs, Uniques and her GLint.

Curently I'm entering battles with

Glint+
AASB
SASB
AOSB

Ripping Plasma
Running Start

I went crazy on Banner 3 and got pretty much everything. So I have Shelke CSB and AASB and Prompto AASB and Glint+. I have both Ignis BSB and Tyro USB4. Do I have the makings for Lightning and Friends?

Also whats the best combo with Lightning.

USB1->SASB or AASB->SASB.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
I went with Ignis buffing her so USB1 into AASB into SASB. Can kill Levi in one chain. If you keep Ignis alive you may not need USB1. I did for the fast cast.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Lightning Sync is one of the best abilities in the game right now, I blew 400 mythril trying to get it with no luck.

The current meta is still elemental teams backed up by the appropriate chain. USBs are still fairly useful depending on the ability, but the new top tier are Awakenings and Syncs.

I didn't get a reply alert for some reason. Very much appreciated! I can tell her Sync thing is just pure sex. It just so happens my best chain is Garnet's and I use Prompto for Imperil. I am literally wrecking so much content it's not even funny.

But I am having deep issues with Magicites. Somehow, possibly due to powercreep, I managed to beat rank 1 Ice and Wind magicites despite not having a single CSB for those elements (praise be to Sora and rank 6 Spellblade), but I can't even begin to approach Holy and Dark.

What are my options for catching up?

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot about the 40 pull.

2 6*
3 5*

All trash

Pretty meh fest in general.

Scored on the AASB LD with 4 new AASBs (Cloud, Pecil, Ashe, Raines)

Did meh on banner 3. 600 myths to finally get Lightning AASB and still missed on my first Water CSB 2.0.

Did meh on LOTR - Kimahri AASB was the highlight. Too bad I'll never used him

free 40 pull was trash.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
But I am having deep issues with Magicites. Somehow, possibly due to powercreep, I managed to beat rank 1 Ice and Wind magicites despite not having a single CSB for those elements (praise be to Sora and rank 6 Spellblade), but I can't even begin to approach Holy and Dark.

The 3* magicites can typically be beaten without a chain depending on your level of power creep.

For the Holy and Dark magicite in particular they have gimmicks that take a little bit of planning to get around.

Shadow Dragon will use an instant K.O. ability if your dps is too slow. So you either need to go all out so you can avoid it all together or just have a sacrificial character that you don't care if they die.

Mist Dragon will periodically turn into mist and counter attack anything during the mist phase. This just takes learning the attack pattern and knowing when to stop your attacks.

Without know what SBs you have it's hard to give a specific strategy.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

First, do you have Tyro USB3 (Divine Veil Grimoire)? An instant cast healer USB is also pretty much required for higher end content - Elarra USB1 and Rosa USB2 are probably the best (both are identical - instant heal + 2 turns of high quickcast + regenga).

For holy DPS, you can use knights. Healing Smite is extremely powerful, and it also heals. If you don't have crystals/rubies for it, you can use assault sabre - just keep in mind it lowers your defense.
And for dark, Darkness users (most of the villains) work very well. Reaping Scythe (for physical characters) and Dark Zone (for mages) are the 'safest' options. The 6* Darkness abilites are Demon's Cross (phy) and Necro Countdown. Both are very strong, but Demons Cross cause recoil damage (25% max hp, then 15%, and then each subsequent cast causes 5%), and Necro Countdown inflicts doom on the user, and every subsequent cast removes 1s from the counter

Orlandeau can use both knight and darkness abilities.

Another particularly powerful holy/dark user is Cid Raines with his BSB

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, edging closer to a win on Ramuh. Taking it slower seems to be key til phase 3 then it's go all out.
Rydia - Titan (BUSB,AASB) Dr Mog
Rinoa - Chain Stoneja - (Glint+, SASB, AASB2, AOSB)
Elarra - ACM, Mage Hymn (AASB, USB1, Glint+)
RedXII - Meltdown / Wrath (AASB, CSB)
Y'shtola - wrath / Curada (BSB, BUSB)
RW: Wall

Basically build up til 10 seconds then Rinoa AASB2, drop Titan, and CSB. Just take it easy til phase 2 and have Red drop chain again before para. It's key he gets paralyzed so i don't get a diffuse. Rydia rebuffs enEarth and drops AASB. When Rinoa is back in control drop SASB and push to phase 3. Red should be status free by then so he can drop AASB and Rydia rebuffs. Drop second Titan to manage rage and just pray til the end.

I've tried it once with this team and got to like 10%. I let haste fall off as I held onto Elarra's AASB too long. Just gotta squeeze that in a bit earlier and should be a comfortable win.

Edit:
PvbnQAv.jpg

Doooown. Still really tight and scary at the end. I did accidentally do SASB first but I still built enough meter for Rydia to refresh on phase 3 and chain just ran out. Don't remember many triple Casts from anyone so maybe it'll be cleaner on luckier runs

Last edited:

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Wind weak Odin and he is one tanky bastard, his innate damage reduction is no joke.

I should have the tools to do this but I'm scratching my head on how to get my damage up to respectable levels.

I have

Cloud usb1, Aasb, Aosb, glint
Zidane usb1, Usb2, Aasb
Bartz usb1, Usb2, Aasb1, Aasb2
Faris Csb & imperil ssb
Zack Csb & usb1
Ignis bsb if I need to go that way

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I tried Wind weak Odin and he is one tanky bastard, his innate damage reduction is no joke.

I should have the tools to do this but I'm scratching my head on how to get my damage up to respectable levels.

I have

Cloud usb1, Aasb, Aosb, glint
Zidane usb1, Usb2, Aasb
Bartz usb1, Usb2, Aasb1, Aasb2
Faris Csb & imperil ssb
Zack Csb & usb1
Ignis bsb if I need to go that way
My wind weak Odin team was

Cloud - USB1, AASB, glint
Zidane - USB2, AASB
Zack - CSB, BSB
Tyro - AASB
Elarra - USB1

You can replace tyro with Ignis and use basically the same strategy.

Basically, Ignis starts with BSB for hastega, buff zidane and then entrust.
Zidane should use USB2 before Zack casts his chain, then AASB and spam Storm Assault. The one non-piercing attack will hit everyone for 9999, that will trigger his trance for you. Zidane needs the critfix to break level 3 rage
Cloud does his usual thing. USB -> AASB then destroy everything. You can glint before, if he has enough gauge, but Cloud is powerful enough to not need it.
Zack should build gauge, cast CSB when Cloud/Zidane are ready (but after Zidane USB2, and preferably after Cloud USB1, to maximize AASB time during chain). Then USB when ready
Elarra should be able to easily keep everyone alive.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Ahnez:

How did you keep everyone alive against wind-weak Odin with just Elarra USB1? Even with entrusts, I (and nearly everyone else) got slaughtered by quake spam. I needed to run double healer with Aerith/Rosa to survive.

For the record, my team was:

Cloud (Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB/En-Wind LMR/DC-Wind LMR)
Bartz (USB2/AASB/AOSB/LMR1)
Faris (CSB/BSSB)
ROsa USB2
Elarra USB1

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ahnez:

How did you keep everyone alive against wind-weak Odin with just Elarra USB1? Even with entrusts, I (and nearly everyone else) got slaughtered by quake spam. I needed to run double healer with Aerith/Rosa to survive.

For the record, my team was:

Cloud (Glint+/USB1/AASB/AOSB/En-Wind LMR/DC-Wind LMR)
Bartz (USB2/AASB/AOSB/LMR1)
Faris (CSB/BSSB)
ROsa USB2
Elarra USB1
Dunno, it was by far the easiest odin for me. My deck was very normal as well, 2x dampen, 2x health boon (+ 1x leftover health boon 4), and 1x bladespell ward.

I guess it was a case of too much DPS, the run didn't really start until around 17s~18s, since I was just spamming LS before that. And it was a 30.5s clear. And that is without AOSBs - I still don't have Cloud or Zidane AOSBs

I remember not even worrying about Zantetsuken, since he only has time to use it once before P3 starts

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Wind weak Odin down, it took me a few hours of messing around with line ups but eventually I landed on

Cloud - Usb1, Aasb, Aosb
Bartz - Aasb1 & Aasb2
Zack - Csb, Usb1
Penelo - Usb2, Aasb, Glint+
Elarra - Usb1, Aasb

One of the keys for me was to have Zack use his usb at about 8 seconds for the imperils and then summon Syldra right after. Thanks to the imperils Syldra was able to break cap and keep Savage mode low until Bartz and Cloud we're ready to go. I went with Bartz over Zidane because I have both the Aasbs and it allowed him to keep the pressure up over a longer period of time.

Water weak is probably next, but I'll really have to scrutinize my team since I'll be using mages.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Daily Draw is being very kind to me lately. I just got Garnet's Awakening today! That's the fourth AASB I've gotten from it. 🤩

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Since fest is over, I figured I'd start doing the renewed elemental draw.
Started with Holy where I have no chain and pretty poor tech in general.
Angeal BSB dupe / 11
I'm not even sure why I'm bothering anymore :(

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Transcendent Proto-Ultima

This 29.36 victory was brought to you by fict hanaji and, more directly, RNG. Huge thanks to Kumagoro for pointing his run, which you can see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHrt2wWAZpw&feature=emb_logo. Didn't bother with water like I was planning, since I could just xcopy the earth team used. Still took 90 minutes to get a win.

Bartz (LMR1+LM2): R5 Tremor Strike, Earth DMG+ RM (USB1/AASB)
Tyro (LMR+LM2): R5 Wrath, R5 Entrust, DMT (USB4)
Tifa (QC LMR+DC LMR): R5 IronFist Earth, Scholar's Boon (AASB/SASB*)
Galuf (QC LMR): R4 Quake Strike, R5 Grand Charge, Ace Striker (CSB)
Elarra (LM1+LM2): R4 Passion Salsa, R5 Enfeebling Jitterbug (USB/AASB)

Titan (HP+Healing Boon) as main magicite .Rest were Madeen (ATKx2), MAdeen (HP+Healing), Phoenix (Blade/Spell Ward) and Adamantoise (Empower Earth x2)

With two exceptions, I just followed the fict hanashi's turns. So solo healer works, but it's actually very RNG to win this way. With this team, you not only have to push to Phase 3 before Dissipation, it is pretty much mandatory to push to phase 3 before Turn 18 Transcendent Holy. T.Holy itself doesn't do that much damage (I wore Odin accessories on slots 1/3/5 as in the vid; it does seem to be better for this type of run), but the problem is that it does just enough damage such that one of the important characters (Tifa, in my case) won't survive Phase 3 Turn 1 Transcendent Antimatter. This kept screwing me up over and over.

Even when RNG was on my side with the same multi-cast that fict had, for some reason i was a whole half-second behind his turn order, so skipping T.Holy was next to impossible for me.

My winning run was pure RNG. Right at the phase change, after T.Holy, Bartz did quad-cast Tremor Strike, Tifa did Iron Fist Earth x2 and then Overstrike chase. This left Proto-Ultima with about 20% left. Tifa and Galuf bought it to T.Animatter after, and Tyro got KOed to something else, but not before entrusting to Elarra. Next turn, Elarra did AASB, bringing back all KOed characters. Tifa had gauge and some IronFist hones left, so I dropped SASB. I wasn't looking to sub-30, just get a damn win, and another turn of Tifa SCMD1 would have sealed it.

But Bartz had other ideas, cause this time he did quint-cast Tremor Strike and basically obliterated the rest of Proto-Ultima's HP by himself, ending the fight just under the wire at 29.36. Tifa SASB ended up doing chip damage, really.

Speaking of which, to prove that most SASBs are indeed sidegrades to their AASBs outside of 6* magicites, I tried using Tifa SASB in place of her AASB and it never worked out. The damage was roughly comparable, but the AASB started out with higher damage which made pushing to phase 3 before Dissipation less RNG. Furthermore, using the AASB made penetrating far into Phase 3 before the physical screen easier with the guaranteed Overstrike chase. So that's that.

Extremely glad to have this one done. For a second it looked like I might have to skip it and come back later. The fight made a mockery of my Cloud wind team, the first non-magicite fight to have done so in over two years, and my super water team didn't far any better. Maybe I could xcopy Kumagoro's water team, but this was already hard enough and RNG-prone with Titan and an earth team; I can't see running a water team without Leviathan being anything but pain (pun intended).

Oct 25, 2017
Nice work there shin. I'm not bothering yet, haha!

Hey I just was looking through the lens shop and much to my surprise/dismay there are relics for bmage and ranger that I don't have. Great now and fire rod. Anyone have those? What's the deal, I don't know how I could have missed them!

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Dark elemental draw:
1/11 Rufus BSB dupe.

Fucking hell. 2 in a row after a shitty fest is just too much.

Sorry guys, I've been complaining a lot lately about my pulls but I need to vent somewhere :(

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Man, I remember when Crushdown Nightmare just came out and it 100% decimated my entire party. Now I can solo it with Lightning Sync.

Power creep is a doozy.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I pulled a few elemental/realm draws, and all were pretty much useless. I'll just save mythril now until 5A

edit: used all my cactuar dungeon tickets with only Titan equipped, and its not even lv 90 yet. Levelling all 8 6* magicites will be a pain

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
edit: used all my cactuar dungeon tickets with only Titan equipped, and its not even lv 90 yet. Levelling all 8 6* magicites will be a pain

It's ridiculous.
Dark elemental draw:
1/11 Rufus BSB dupe.

Fucking hell. 2 in a row after a shitty fest is just too much.

Sorry guys, I've been complaining a lot lately about my pulls but I need to vent somewhere :(

This also feels terrible. I'm throwing tickets at for tyro and elarra aasbs and have blown I think all but one to no avail. Feels bad.

On another note, I've killed Leviathan physical 4 times, so that Lev phys and Titan phys down

Tyro usb3 lmr
Prompto csb USB lmr
Rosa usb2
Ignis bsb lmr
Lightning usb1 sync aasb aosb lmr double

Just crazy the damage lightning puts out. And I've never really used the ignis bsb before now so glad it came in handy. I think my fastest was 30.80 so nearly a sub 30.

Back to working on ramuh- and the magic versions.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I beat famfrit for the first time recently, and now I pulled prompto n shelkes aasb which are now part of my lightning team.

But thats the only 5 star magicite I've been able to beat.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
32.3s against Torment Garland. Its close enough, so I think its possible to sub30 with my current party.

WoL CSB
Meia AASB
Sarah BSB
Garland USB
Wol USB2

Sarah BSB is.. not the best thing here. But Wol USB2 stacks so many stat debuffs its actually not hard to survive

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Question about chains.

Let's say I use an Ice Chain. Valigarmanda increases the chain and benefits from ice damage.

Does that increase in damage from Ice chain also affect Vali's Fire and Lightning component?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Question about chains.

Let's say I use an Ice Chain. Valigarmanda increases the chain and benefits from ice damage.

Does that increase in damage from Ice chain also affect Vali's Fire and Lightning component?
Yes, more or less. Chains have 2 effects basically.

The field effect, and the chain count effect. The field is +20% (for gen1 chains) or +50% (for gen2 chains) damage for the element of the chain.
The chain effect is increasing damage based on the chain hit count.

The field effect only affects the damage if the damage matches the chain. So Vali will only get the field extra damage if it hits the element of the chain.
But the chain effect works if the element is included on the ability - it doesn't need to actually choose that element. So even if Vali hits fire or lightning, since ice is included, the chain count will go up, and the extra damage from the chain count will be applied

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
32.3s against Torment Garland. Its close enough, so I think its possible to sub30 with my current party.

WoL CSB
Meia AASB
Sarah BSB
Garland USB
Wol USB2

Sarah BSB is.. not the best thing here. But Wol USB2 stacks so many stat debuffs its actually not hard to survive
Well, I got a 28s Garland. I'll explain my setup a little better now

WoL - realm CSB/AOSB, Healiing Smite/Protectga, LM1/2, DMT
Meia AASB, Chain Waterja, LM1/2, +water
Sarah BSB, Shellga/Hastega, LM1, MM
Garland USB2, Charge/Evil Swing, LM1, +dark
Wol bUSB, Charge/Quake Swing, LM1/2, +weakness
RW Priestess and Titan main

WoL casts Protectga, then RW, then HS until ~12s, CSB, then HS until ~25s, AOSB
Meia spams Chain Waterja until 12s, AASB, spam Chain Waterja
Serah casts Hastega, then Shellga, BSB, CMD1/2 if needed/RW if needed, summon Titan, BSB
Garland summons Titan, then keeps the 2x charge -> evil swing until USB is ready, then back to the cycle
Wol uses 2x Charge -> Quake Swing, bUSB, Charge, brave, then keeps the cycle, using brave 3 or recasting bUSB when possible

Oct 25, 2017
Aasb dream select-
Shan or Ashe?

Ashe- 2 USBs glint aosb enlit lmr
Shan USB aosb lmr

Which is the better lead dog against Leviathan? Can one be the sole aasb for a Levin run? Seems iffy.

Thinking Shan with 100 myth thrown at palom in a few weeks. Shan has the 20+1 aosb and witchy.

Chain is garnet or prompto

No other lightning aasbs (though I could force alphinaud or rydia to summon dark icky)

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Ashe with her glint and USB1 really does some work. And I thought shans AOSB was 3 hits like ashes. I don't remember a 20+1 in my geos kills.

But glint does make it easier to juggle your empowers and keep that up all fight without downtime. I'd probably go Ashe myself but I'm kind of keen on her.

Got Proto-Ultima down with super lightning:

Prompto - Plasma Shock (AASB/CSB)
Rosa - Wrath /Magic Breakdown (USB2)
Ignis - Power Breakdown (BSB)
Elarra - Warrior Hymn / Enfeebling dance ( AASB / BSB )
Lightning - Lifesiphon / running start (AOSB/AASB/SASB)

Pretty simple once I put breakdown dance on Elarra. Just keep those up and get lightning going. Deal crazy damage thanks to ignis giving her the buffs and instant cast.
Finished in 30:10 but I wasted a turn on lightning attacking while immunity was up.

Edit: Looking at dream select options and if I do pull it'll probably be for Vincent AASB or maybe Alphinaud. I sill haven't done 14s torments but that's just cause I'm lazy. I know I have the stuff to knock it out pretty easy I just gotta get in there and do it. Vincent would just be a pre-emptive Shiva grab as he will probably be a lock on that team both physical and magical. I also kind of want Zacks so I can use that alongside Faris CSB but i've already took out Titan so it would just be an indulgence.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shoot Shan aosb is there hits. Not sure what I was thinking there. That does make me lean more towards centering around Ashe. And picking up Shan later if really needed. But frankly I have poor water holy and dark magic aasb options as well right now so....

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
re: Proto-Ultima

Managed to sub-30 with a template water team, but couldn't get it done with my wind team. My wind team is no longer top tier. Granted, Cloud+Bartz was always subpar for wind compared to Cloud+Zidane, but it really showed against Proto-Ultima. I either need Zidane AASB or Cloud SASB to beat that with wind. Profound sadness.

re: Realms on Parade

Did two last minute pulls on RoP which I had otherwise completely skipped, both useless.

XIII (hoping for Lightning AASB): 1/3 - Fang Haste+IC1 LMR
X (hoping for Tidus AASB): 1/3 - Kimahri USB

This is why I don't bother with RoP any more.

re: AASB Dream Select

1/11 - Emperor DC BLK/Darkness LMR

Not bad, but of no use to me right now. I'm 99% going to be choosing Tidus AASB unless the daily gives it to me (which is not going to happen, so it might as well be 100% going to pick Tidus). I need firepower for Ifrit.

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. 1/11. Greg ancient overstrike. Lol.

still undecided on my pick. Vincent sounds good, but Zack is a fav. Tidus would also be good as I have everything else..but maybe Yuffie and Kimarhi with their awakenings would be enough? Idk. No way to reapply enwater with Kim tho.

I also sub30d FFIII torment using Claire with Desch CSB. That just felt silly. Looks like we will need autobattle teams for those in a few months once Historia hits global.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Debating on if I wanna do the AASB Select. I started keeping tabs on my chains and AASB coverage as a sort of quick reference for where I should spent my pull tickets and where my gaps are, so it winds up being relevant for this. Also important to note that I've only cleared wind weak and lightning weak Odins; I'm playing fairly casually at the moment but this means Odin is my biggest focus as opposed to 6* magicite. So without copying a huge list here, just looking at what elements I'm lacking some kind of proper coverage in (ie Bartz can technically run SSS for Ice coverage etc) these are my biggest gaps:

-No proper ice AASB at all
-No magic Holy AASB (and my only physical Holy is TGC who has no enElement)
-No magic Water AASB
-No magic Wind AASB

Also worth noting that I've long planned to pick up Squall's set (the AASB/AOSB/LMR) on 5th anniversary free set since I have almost everything else on there for everyone (including the LMRs/AOSBs) except Squall, so I will get ice coverage there albeit not for a couple months. So with what's available on the AASB select it seems like my top options would be: Cecil, Rydia, Celes, Alphinaud, Rem. While I have no magic wind AASB my physical wind options are stupid and I've already cleared wind weak Odin so Alph is off the table IMO. I'm also not personally hot on running magic Holy since I have a ton of physical Holy options (pretty much all the top non-AASB stuff) so I'm shelving Rem out of personal preferences there.

I think it comes down to Rydia or Celes for me, if I do it; for Rydia I have her enWater LMR, both her USBs (not Brave) and her Arcane. I also have her earth BSB for earth enelement so with SB gauge I could run her properly with both Earth and Water summons (her AASB doesn't grant enElement). On the downside water is an awkward element for me in that my water AASB is Tidus (with Bartz AASB1 backup) but my physical water chain is Tidus with my magic water chain being Strago, so I feel like picking up a magic water AASB is kind of a wash to my physical coverage since Rydia would have to hard carry any magic water team for me. On the other hand for Celes I have her enIce LMR, USB, chain and Arcane, and she's waifu status for me. I also have Laguna for my physical ice chain so Celes wouldn't have to pull double duty on that, and her enelement LMR would carry me for most of a fight. But on the downside I will get a physical ice AASB in Squall even if it's not for a little while, and while she can run Holy as well it's with no enelement so that's kind of a wash with TGC (although she at least gets the +3 holy atk which is a bit of an edge I guess).

So not sure if I wanna do it or not at all honestly. The LMR select I will do; I've been needing to get Seph's W-cast LMR for ages since I have I think the entire rest of his kit (AASB/USB2/AOSB/enDark LMR). Assuming this post is correct regarding the w-cast LMRs selectable on this that are *not* available via lens I'm not sure what I'll do for my 2nd, already have most of the critical ones on there that I *need*. There's a couple on there that would be kind of convenient (Krile's since she's my only magic fire chain, Rosa since I have her USB2 but I never use it because I have Elarra, Faris/Ramza because I have their chains, etc) but nothing super critical. I'm really annoyed that Locke's w-cast isn't on here since I'd definitely grab that for my 2nd pick (I've got all of his other relevant stuff).

Edit: Did the LMR pull, got Thancred's w-cast LMR off the pull itself, so while I don't have anything notable for him at all that might be potentially nice later. Will wait on my selections for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Titan mag down.
Used both glint pulls for this alphi and Terra
Did the defend for 30ish and unleash killed at 1:17 or so!
Tyro usb3
Alph usb2 usb1 g aasb
Terra aasb g aasb aosb
Fujin csb USB osb (used to kill the wall)
Elarra USB bsb

Wow! Fun kill. Now to figure out either ramuh-. I have the stuff for magic definitely.

Titan both down
Leviathan phys

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
So, uh, Bartz is pretty legit!

I never much cared for him, despite having his Ultra and a few older stuff, but I decided to mote him completely after getting his Awakening.

Dude, with a Trigger Twice RM and his LM, he is doing 2-3 Stormspell Strikes per turn (with the 19k max damage thing) + the barrage his Awakening gives him. And he is incredibly versatile with his selection of elements, so he can fit in pretty much any team.

Yo.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Yeah, he's really good for a ton of 5* magicite.
Under awakening with the triple cast LMR he can go up to 5 hits :)

Things go even nuttier with AASB1+2 + Sync => https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKe...tz_is_like_this_is_when_the_fun_begins_video/

Ok, this is just disgusting!

Yes, more or less. Chains have 2 effects basically.

The field effect, and the chain count effect. The field is +20% (for gen1 chains) or +50% (for gen2 chains) damage for the element of the chain.
The chain effect is increasing damage based on the chain hit count.

The field effect only affects the damage if the damage matches the chain. So Vali will only get the field extra damage if it hits the element of the chain.
But the chain effect works if the element is included on the ability - it doesn't need to actually choose that element. So even if Vali hits fire or lightning, since ice is included, the chain count will go up, and the extra damage from the chain count will be applied

I never thanked you for the explanation. Cheers! <3

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr Daravon:

Are you pulling merely to get past Odin, or you factoring in 6★ magicites as well?

Both Rydia AASB and Celes AASB will work for Odin. Odion doesn't punish you for mixed teams, so you can run Rydia/Strago/Tidus against water-weak along with, say, Tyro/Elarra and be perfectly fine.

Furture-wise, Rydia can work against Ramuh and theoretically against Ifrit as long as you have a renewable source of en-element for her. Rydia also gets her SASB in 5th Anniversary to make her the best earth mage. Celes can be useable against Shiva if you have her USB2 that grants En-Ice, though she won't really shine until she gets her SASB and UA (frankly, Celes's damage output has never failed to leave me unimpressed in FFRK), which will probably be well after 5th Anniversary.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Core realm ticket pull:
2/11
- Tyro AASB : Nice upgrade to the USB4 I paid 30€ for a while ago :p No regrets though as it allowed me to go past Deathgaze with my water team at a point where there was no holy tech in sight for a long while.
- Elarra USB2 (dupe)
Gonna burn maybe one or two more tickets chasing Elarra AASB/Glint+ and then I'll focus on something else, I already have too many dupes there.

Also, Elemental banners redeemed themselve (sort of, got a Snow USB dupe/11 on ice) for me, Wind banner got me Cloud AASB and Terra wind glint.
Now I really have to figure out how to properly use Cloud I guess.
What's the accepted rotation for him? I have Glint/USB1/USB2/AASB/AOSB. So I figure something like Glint/USB1/AASB/AOSB ? With a refresh of USB1 maybe?
I still don't have a physical wind chain (only have Fujin's) so I'm probably not going to be able to do much with physical against Titan but at least I should be able to beat Odin with this.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I never thanked you for the explanation. Cheers! <3
No problem <3

Also, my ticket pull was Tyro LMR dupe, USB3 dupe and USB4 (new). I have his awakening, so this is not exactly a game changer.

Still no Elarra AASB or G+, but now I have every single SSB+ Tyro relic... If I ever get his SASB, at least all those +10 ATK will be useful