• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
JUX:

Do you have Cloud En-Wind LMR?

His best kit with what you have is indeed Glint/USB1/AASB/AOSB. Typically, best sequence is to do Glint -> AASB (for HQC) -> USb1 -> Raging Quad spam -> AOSB.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima I do have his En-Wind LMR. Forgot about this thing :p
I haven't though too much about en-element stacking until now so I have a small question:
Going LMR Enwind -> Glint -> AASB will grant 3 stacks of enWind right? But what about the duration? I was under the impression that En-Element LMR were pretty short duration (15s?) so will stacking other En-Element before it fades (thanks to empowered infusion) reset the timer to effectively get 15s of 3 enwind stacks after AASB cast?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
ShinUltima I do have his En-Wind LMR. Forgot about this thing :p
I haven't though too much about en-element stacking until now so I have a small question:
Going LMR Enwind -> Glint -> AASB will grant 3 stacks of enWind right? But what about the duration? I was under the impression that En-Element LMR were pretty short duration (15s?) so will stacking other En-Element before it fades (thanks to empowered infusion) reset the timer to effectively get 15s of 3 enwind stacks after AASB cast?
Enelement and enelement stacking are separate buffs, each last 25s. And when stacking, the timer is reset. AASB will reset enwind 3 to 25s, but the stacking buff will last 25s from the moment you use glint.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Ahnez thanks for the clarification. 25s is actually quite longer than I expected so it does indeed gives plenty of time to stack it for refresh and then use it after AASB.
I need to dust off my wind team and see what I can do with Wind weak Odin. I will probably need to buy something for Fujin to be useful though as I only have her CSB and glint.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Does having Tyro AASB that makes his USB4 obsolete, other than the fact USB4 can be recast?

looking ahead to Ifrit and Shiva

I think my water team is mostly set

water team:
Tidus - AASB, glint, AOSB, USB, BSB1/2, OSB
Rikku - CSB, BSB(imperil)
Bartz - AASB, water BSB, USB1/2, AOSB, OSB etc
Tyro - LMR, USB3, AASB
Elarra - LMR, USB1, BSB

Fire is less complete as I don't have too many en fire options or at least any combination that I think will be useful for the Shiva fight.

fire options:
Bartz - Enfire BSB and same as above
Noctis - AASB
Terra - fire AASB, LMR,
Vincent -CSB, radiant BSB
Locke - imperil USB, OSB, BSB
Galuf - imperil USB

Did a fire element pull....OK USB3 dupe, and Steiner OSB.

Speaking of 6* Magicites, I've yet to attempt Ramuh (no time), but what do you guys think of the following team? Viable? I'm concerned about lack of quick en-earth and Ingus CSB holding me back.

Bartz - AASB, glint, LMR, en-earth BSB, USB1/2
Ingus - CSB, BSB1/2
Tifa - AASB, +earth lvl glint, OSB, USB1/2, QC LMR
Tyro
Elarra

Also have Cinque USB & Glint+, as well as Galuf Glint+, LMR, and various USBs. Sadly no CSB or AASB which would have been perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
I've bashed my head in trying ramuh- with either ingus or red as the chain with zero luck and similar if not better options than you have. If I can finally kill him on magic I will swing back phys again. Frustrating.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok ramuh- magic down, one kill at least. Phew. 56:80

Tyro usb3 lmr wrath entrust
Emperor csb aasb bsb USB
Elarra usb1 bsb lmr
Rinoa sync g+ aasb busb en earth lmr double black lmr
Red csb aasb aosb (didn't use in kill) lmr double

Weird battle but I used reds aasb for the last bit, I couldn't get it off pre paralyze which turned out for the best.

And yes I used csbs by both red and emperor.

Stalling strat for the first bit again.

It's going to be interesting trying to repeat, I really was just throwing crap around. Ran out of chain stonejas too early but rinoas berzerk aasb mid battled was helpful obviously.

Rinoa sync phase 1
Rinoa aasb phase 2
Emperor aasb mid phase 2
Red aasb phase 3

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Ok ramuh- magic down, one kill at least. Phew. 56:80

Tyro usb3 lmr wrath entrust
Emperor csb aasb bsb USB
Elarra usb1 bsb lmr
Rinoa sync g+ aasb busb en earth lmr double black lmr
Red csb aasb aosb (didn't use in kill) lmr double

Weird battle but I used reds aasb for the last bit, I couldn't get it off pre paralyze which turned out for the best.

And yes I used csbs by both red and emperor.

Stalling strat for the first bit again.

It's going to be interesting trying to repeat, I really was just throwing crap around. Ran out of chain stonejas too early but rinoas berzerk aasb mid battled was helpful obviously.

Rinoa sync phase 1
Rinoa aasb phase 2
Emperor aasb mid phase 2
Red aasb phase 3

Nice, grats on the clear! should be easier now with Ramuh in your deck too.

Ugh, I may just wait it out for the power creep. Depends on future pulls I guess.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Does having Tyro AASB that makes his USB4 obsolete, other than the fact USB4 can be recast?

looking ahead to Ifrit and Shiva

I think my water team is mostly set

water team:
Tidus - AASB, glint, AOSB, USB, BSB1/2, OSB
Rikku - CSB, BSB(imperil)
Bartz - AASB, water BSB, USB1/2, AOSB, OSB etc
Tyro - LMR, USB3, AASB
Elarra - LMR, USB1, BSB

Fire is less complete as I don't have too many en fire options or at least any combination that I think will be useful for the Shiva fight.

fire options:
Bartz - Enfire BSB and same as above
Noctis - AASB
Terra - fire AASB, LMR,
Vincent -CSB, radiant BSB
Locke - imperil USB, OSB, BSB
Galuf - imperil USB

Did a fire element pull....OK USB3 dupe, and Steiner OSB.

Speaking of 6* Magicites, I've yet to attempt Ramuh (no time), but what do you guys think of the following team? Viable? I'm concerned about lack of quick en-earth and Ingus CSB holding me back.

Bartz - AASB, glint, LMR, en-earth BSB, USB1/2
Ingus - CSB, BSB1/2
Tifa - AASB, +earth lvl glint, OSB, USB1/2, QC LMR
Tyro
Elarra

Also have Cinque USB & Glint+, as well as Galuf Glint+, LMR, and various USBs. Sadly no CSB or AASB which would have been perfect.

Yes it does. It has a moderate Str Boost too so you can easily pair it with 0.5 and Gen 1 physical chains easily.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Worth starting this in 2020? Of all the FF gacha I tried this I liked the best. And I am looking for some nice gacha to play here and there casually where I can collect characters I feel some nostalgia for. All those random animu collectors just don't do it for me. Does it have auto battles, I don't remember?

Oct 25, 2017
Worth starting this in 2020? Of all the FF gacha I tried this I liked the best. And I am looking for some nice gacha to play here and there casually where I can collect characters I feel some nostalgia for. All those random animu collectors just don't do it for me. Does it have auto battles, I don't remember?

Auto battles are way way improved and can actually tackle fairly high end battles if geared right.

This new update is great. I'm looking forward to using my new elarra g+ with rw wall and dropping tyro where he is only usb3 and entrusting. Like the mag weak magicities. Either a fourth dps or a second healer.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this in like two years.

Are the limit breakish things still busted in that some of them aren't worth shit at all anymore and others are amazing?

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played this in like two years.

Are the limit breakish things still busted in that some of them aren't worth shit at all anymore and others are amazing?

Yes? There's always a continuum but unlike 2 years ago, a series of battles, the Torments, require (barring a few shenanigans) full realm teams so a lot of mediocre stuff is actually quite useful.

Cleared out all followers above 3 days to hopefully get more daily greens. That was a bit tedious.

Best rw of below?
Tyro usb3
Cloud USB
Aerith aasb

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Deadshot:

Yes, the game is worth starting in 2020. Gacha complaints aside, the game is amazing.

Buckle:

Powercreep marches ever on, yes. Though some things from years ago (Cloud USB1, Raines BSSB) are still really good. So it varies.

JG_Lionheart:

If you had Galuf chain, it would be a tough but doable win. With Ingus chain, though, I suspect it might be a tad out of reach. You could still try though. They key to a team like that would be to DPS (without AASBs preferably) out of Phase 1 before turn 19 (Imperil), refresh en-earth ASAP after Phase 2 Diffusion and before Staff of Olduum, then DPS hard to the end, refreshing en-earth after Phase 3 Diffusion and saving RW heals for Phase 3.

re: New RW rewards

As confirmed by El_Nino on Gfaqs/Reddit, you don't actually have to summon someone's RW in order for that player to get the reward. Simply selecting the RW works, though you have to finish the fight

Random Painted HIghway:

Tyro USB3, always.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And XV Torment sub30.

JmelEdC.jpg

Noctis - USB2 - Ripping Plasma/Flash Disaster, LM1/+sword LMR, +lightning
Iris - BSB - Exausting Polka/Protectga, LM1/LMR, DMT
Ignis - BSB - Wrath/Entrust, LMR, MM
Aranea - USB - Impulse Dive/Hurricane Bolt, LM1, +dragoon
Prompto - G+/AASB - Tempest Snipe/Plasma Shock, LM2/LMR, +Machinist

All with +HP accs

Chain RW

Titan main, atk madeen, 3x empower BK, and two blockers.

The idea is, Ignis buffs Prompto, and by 15s everyone should have enough gauge for their SBs - then start chain and USBs/AASB, and just watch prompto deal 300k+ damage every turn.

But keeping everyone alive with just Iris BSB was really hard

This was more expensive than usual - I created two artifacts, got Ignis BSB from the lab, partially LD'ed Iris and Ignis, honed the dragoon 6* abilities Aranea used, and used ~40 HP waters to make everyone survive the first 15 seconds.

9/17 torments sub30 now.

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks ShinUltima

Ramuh seems like such a PITA. And with few Earth relics coming in the next few months, I think I'm happy just doing meadows + events for now. My current Earth team would be:

Rinoa Synchro, BUSB + AOSB
Maria En Earth LMR + AASB + USB + BSB

I figure I could buy RedXIII's Magic Chain from the banner but everything I've read makes me believe that the gals won't be enough to kill him. And with no Glint, getting around Earth Diffusion will be messy.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Fuck me. Again.

100 gems - 4* crap.

2/11 - Kain DC LMR, Tellah USB (DUPE)
1/11 - Kain Glint
2/11 - Palom Glint+, Tellah USB (DUPE)

I had completely forgotten that Tellah USB was a dupe. I got it from the Black Friday pulls and have never used it. And I got it twice here. What a kick in the balls.

Kain LMR is prize at least. BUt I'm still barely better off for Leviathan than I was before, and not even a secondary prize like Kain AOSB/Glint+. All the discos were essentially a pile of garbage otherwise. Just rainbow fodder.

GUess I'm not beating Leviathan any time soon. Sigh.

Up to 20 pulls in a row now with no Sync. It's the Burst era all over again. I'm not going to get another Sync until June at best, I can already see it. I might as well not pull on anything until then. It's pointless.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
V torment sub30

Krile - Earth USB, Chain Stoneja/Enveloping Etude, -, +weakness
Lenna - BSB2, Shellga/Hastega, LM1/2, DMT
Bartz - AASB, Tremor Assault, LM2/LMR, +spellblade
Kelger - Grind to Dust, LM1, +earth
Dorgann - Gaia Force/Banishing Strike, LM1/2, +knight
Chain RW

Titan - Atk Madeen, Mag Madeen, Blocker Phoenix, triple empower Adamantoise

This one was weird, I couldn't summon Titan turn 1 because the extra damage would push greg into P2 too fast, and then Kelger and Dorgann would be blinded. Its simple though, Lenna casts Hastega, Shellga, BSB then spam CMD2. Krile casts Etude, then Chain Stoneja until 12s, then USB. Bartz/Kelger/Dorgann spam their abilities until 12s, Kelger casts RW, Dorgann uses his USB and Bartz his AASB. Next turn Kelger uses his USB and Dorgann summons Titan. Then everyone just spams the relevant ability.

This is the third sub30 with only a BSB for heals. I believe I have good medicas for all remaining realms, so this should be the last time. edit: No , actually.. I don't have a medica for II..

10/17 now.

Last edited:

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
ShinUltima sorry to hear you get such a bad streak of pulls, I can relate... Hopefully you'll get something better in the coming months!
Also congrats everyone on your recent achievements :)

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. That's a rough streak shin.

working through type-0 torment atm. Cinque should carry me pretty easy with her AASB / AOSB

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
I 100 gem'd Palom's Glint+ so I decided to say F it and pull

2/11 Tellah AASB, Kain LMR

No big Kain prizes but I'll take it.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my fourth ramuh- kill. Now to try to kill phys ramuh.

Csbs
Ingus
Red
Emperor

I'm leaning towards using emperor since I have his imperil aasb and usb.

I tried for desch aasb big time and failed. Cleared the board except that and the ingus aosb. Major bummer there. So lightning mag may be elusive yet but now I can hear a fresh imperil csb rather than garnet csb.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and now I need to rebuild my arcana supply. I maxed out all three but it killed my stash. Went hp+ healing+ on all. Hopefully won't feel the need to get a second copy of each maxxed out but will see.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
Ugh, that sucks, Shin. Especially after that fest. That Tellah USB looks oddly underwhelming, too. No entry damage, really?

I'm pretty much in hoard mode for the Summer Fest now. The Anniversary banners don't seem to be anything particularly amazing, unless I'm missing something? Could be wrong since I mostly skimmed it.

I suppose I oughta take on Titan soon since I have a lot of wind stuff, but man people do not make this sound fun at all. Curious at how annoying this'll be without Cloud's AOSB to burn him down at the end.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, that sucks, Shin. Especially after that fest. That Tellah USB looks oddly underwhelming, too. No entry damage, really?

I'm pretty much in hoard mode for the Summer Fest now. The Anniversary banners don't seem to be anything particularly amazing, unless I'm missing something? Could be wrong since I mostly skimmed it.

I suppose I oughta take on Titan soon since I have a lot of wind stuff, but man people do not make this sound fun at all. Curious at how annoying this'll be without Cloud's AOSB to burn him down at the end.
5A does have Noctis SASB, which is similar to Lightning SASB - Sync Def -> Sync Atk grants instant ATB, and Noctis record ability is a fire powerchain to pair with it.*

And for Titan, what do you have? Cloud AOSB makes things easier, but its not required

edit:

* Lightning and Noctis SASBs were featured on the summer fest, on the same banner no less - but as we know, GL can change fest banners drastically

Last edited:

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Tried Ramuh last night, didn't really study on the mechanics of the fight, just kinda figured it would be worth an attempt.

First blind run got him down into part way through phase two by ramping up DPS around the 15-17 second mark. I remember reading somewhere you absolutely have to keep his rage levels at 2 or less? I casted Titan pretty early in the fight and was doing decent damage. I now have a practical understanding why en-earth is so important in this fight, especially when he does that en-element strip. Ingus got stunned and so did Bartz which effectively stopped the run dead in its tracks. I guess I need to give Ingus a MND dagger or something, though he was doing respectable DPS with his USB+CSB and Earth Sabre. Tyro and Elarra just shrug it off like it isn't even a thing.

Some takeaways:

I'll probably also switch Bartz from USB2 to USB1...just need to figure if it's better to go USB1>BSB or BSB>USB1.

Tifa did earthen rebuke to USB2 to AASB, didn't really cap but was getting there as the chain went up. I figure she will be the first AASB to go until Bartz is ready part way through phase 2? Wish I had her w-cast LMR, but the monk QC LMR is also pretty great.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, lets see what I can do

For Ramuh, I have Emperor CSB, Tifa AASB/USB2/AOSB, and Bartz earth BSB/AASB/AOSB.
For Leviathan, Garnet CSB and Prompto AASB.
Ifrit, Rikku and Strago CSB, Meia AASB, Lulu AASB/AOSB, Bartz water BSB/AASB/AOSB
Shiva, Vincent CSB, Terra AASB/AOSB, Bartz fire BSB/AASB/AOSB
Valefor, Serah/Rinoa/Snow CSB, Squall AASB/AOSB, Lulu AASB/AOSB
Alexander, Golbez/Gabranth/Seifer CSB, Seifer AASB and Sephiroth USB2/AOSB
Diabolos, Edward and Ramza CSB, Yuna USBs/AASB

I do think I have a chance against most of them, but not an easy win by any means.

If I were to use the Awakening dream select, what would benefit me the most here? I was thinking about Seph or Rem, but those two are the last 2 elements, which we will only get 5 months from now, so there's a lot of time to get new stuff. Ashe or Shantotto would also help, since I need lightning magic, and my XI and XII teams still lack a good DPS.

Oct 25, 2017
5th anniversary will give you one of the below sets::
follows:

• Fire: Terra AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Ice: Squall AASB, AOSB, En-Ice LMR
  • Wind: Cloud AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Earth: Ingus AASB, AOSB, En-Earth LMR
  • Lightning: Shantotto AASB, AOSB, TCast LMR
  • Water: Tidus AASB, AOSB, En-Water LMR
  • Holy: TGCid AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Dark: Sephiroth AASB, AOSB, En-Dark LMR
  • Multi: Bartz AASB, AOSB, TCast LMR

So I would pick something now that doesn't conflict with those. I personally haven't been able to kill a 6* (I have four versions killed now) without two dps aasbs (at least, sometimes a sync needed as well) (Leviathan i killed with lightnings aasb and sync.). And I've had no luck with wrong or gen 1 chains other than Zack. So I would pick something that is the second dps aasb in one with the right chain. I'd probably do Ashe and try to get a Leviathan mag kill with what you have above.

Oct 25, 2017
Aquatic weakness as a thief ability makes zero sense with no water thiefs in the game. So yuffie as water thief en water but no doubles. Zidane or vaan doubles a couple ways but no en-element. Hmm
Mist opportunity.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Aquatic weakness seems tailor made for Rikku despite her not having a double thief rm, especially with her Awakening.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
5th anniversary will give you one of the below sets::
follows:

• Fire: Terra AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Ice: Squall AASB, AOSB, En-Ice LMR
  • Wind: Cloud AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Earth: Ingus AASB, AOSB, En-Earth LMR
  • Lightning: Shantotto AASB, AOSB, TCast LMR
  • Water: Tidus AASB, AOSB, En-Water LMR
  • Holy: TGCid AASB, AOSB, WCast LMR
  • Dark: Sephiroth AASB, AOSB, En-Dark LMR
  • Multi: Bartz AASB, AOSB, TCast LMR

So I would pick something now that doesn't conflict with those. I personally haven't been able to kill a 6* (I have four versions killed now) without two dps aasbs (at least, sometimes a sync needed as well) (Leviathan i killed with lightnings aasb and sync.). And I've had no luck with wrong or gen 1 chains other than Zack. So I would pick something that is the second dps aasb in one with the right chain. I'd probably do Ashe and try to get a Leviathan mag kill with what you have above.
I was taking those into consideration as well. I can't avoid dupes there though, the only real conflicts would be TGC and Ingus (where I have only the LMRs). The others, I have either the AASB or AOSB+LMR.

Ashe does seems like a good choice though, with how little lightning tech we will get, and no XII event in sight.

Oct 25, 2017
Aquatic weakness seems tailor made for Rikku despite her not having a double thief rm, especially with her Awakening.

That's probably true. I was looking more at the lm lmrs, and at what I personally have on hand! And really, it me wishing my yuffie could tear goes up with it more. I'd also make it phys/mag and lose a hit, like the dark/holy stuff. Though I have seen my yuffie hit Phoenix with azure in my auto team for 19,999x7x3 which is just insane.

Full Nines

Apr 10, 2018
5A does have Noctis SASB, which is similar to Lightning SASB - Sync Def -> Sync Atk grants instant ATB, and Noctis record ability is a fire powerchain to pair with it.*

And for Titan, what do you have? Cloud AOSB makes things easier, but its not required

edit:

* Lightning and Noctis SASBs were featured on the summer fest, on the same banner no less - but as we know, GL can change fest banners drastically

True, I might throw a couple pulls at the Anniversary banners depending on how much they change them.

For physical wind I'm pretty stacked:

Cloud - USB1 / USB 2 / GSB / AASB
Bartz - USB 1 / USB 2 / AASB1 / AASB2
Zidane - AASB (probably nab his USB2 through Anima)
Zack - BSB / CSB
Fang - USB1 / AOSB / AASB
Faris - USB2-4 / CSB

I kinda feel a little silly worrying about Titan after looking at that list, haha. Just feels like 90% of strats I see use his Arcane.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
That's probably true. I was looking more at the lm lmrs, and at what I personally have on hand! And really, it me wishing my yuffie could tear goes up with it more. I'd also make it phys/mag and lose a hit, like the dark/holy stuff. Though I have seen my yuffie hit Phoenix with azure in my auto team for 19,999x7x3 which is just insane.

You're not wrong that they really need to add more lmrs to support it. It's super niche right now, especially for the first water imperil ability.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
True, I might throw a couple pulls at the Anniversary banners depending on how much they change them.

For physical wind I'm pretty stacked:

Cloud - USB1 / USB 2 / GSB / AASB
Bartz - USB 1 / USB 2 / AASB1 / AASB2
Zidane - AASB (probably nab his USB2 through Anima)
Zack - BSB / CSB
Fang - USB1 / AOSB / AASB
Faris - USB2-4 / CSB

I kinda feel a little silly worrying about Titan after looking at that list, haha. Just feels like 90% of strats I see use his Arcane.
It can work. The annoying thing will be dealing with diffusion. You can probably get 3 stacks with Cloud and not worry about it anymore. But Bartz/Zidane/Fang will need to recast en wind.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And my third fourth torment post just on this page.

Rem USB - Holyja, LM2/LMR2, +holy
Ace BSB - Chain Firaja/Shellga, LM1/2, +fire
Deuce USB3 - Curada/Hastega, LM1/2, DMT
Jack USB - Fire Touched Blade/Smoldering Moon, LM1/2, +samurai
Cinque USB - Charge/Quake Swing, LM1/LMR, +heavy
Chain RW

No AASBs here. This is the second sub30 without AASBs, the other being FFT, which I managed to beat before Awakenings were even released.

Ace summons RW, then Shellga, and recast RW when needed, Deuce casts Hastega, then USB. Everyone else just keeps attacking nonstop. Just recasting Hastega/Shellga/summoning Titan when needed.

Deuce actually needs to be in slot 3, she will have just enough gauge to use USB right before an Incubus Ultima that would wipe my team otherwise.

Its so nice to see those once unbeatable bosses falling one after another.

Edit:

Minfilia BSB - Healing Smite/FB, LM1/2, MM
Ysh bUSB - Curada/Hastega, LM1/2, DMT
Papa BSB - Chain Firaja/Protectga, LM1/2, +fire
Alphinaud AASB - Dark Valefor/Shellga, LM1/2, +summon
Yda USB - Ironfist Fire, LM1/2, +monk
Magicite Titan, Chain RW.

Minfilia BSB CMD2 + FB is necessary to deal with Incubus Tank Purge. At some point, when everything is up, I'll take two tank purges back to back, and Ysh brave 3 is the only source of LS I have, with the mag mitigation, I can take one tank purge without poping the LS, and then only refresh it after the second one.

Now at 12/17, only II, III, XI, XII and XIII left.

But probably this will be the last one in a while, I don't have much for those 5 realms.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm so basically for me for ifrit magic, its the chain select, rikku wrong chain, or wait a long while for a chance and have to spin up a heretofore unused character on my team. Hmm. The annoyance is if I can't get a kill with my team even adding strago. My magic water team is:
Arc or rydia aasb USB enelement summoner
Lulu aasb (but need her glint for an enelement.)- I have her enwater lmr at least, but that will be killed fast.

Hmm yeah I don't think I have enough now even with stragos csb, need that lulu glint.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My daily was Desch Awakening

... Well then

Now I have a strong lightning mage and a strong III dps

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
PSA to everyone.

Clean out your friends list. Remove anyone that hasn't logged in for more than a day.

Pre-clean I was getting like 500-1000 greens a day. Post, 4000+.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Ice weak Odin defeated, that's three done now.

This one was a little more touch and go due to party composition making it so I could only bring one healer.

Bartz - Snowspell Strike, Aasb2, Aasb1
Celes - Snowspell Strike, Csb, Aosb
Squall - Snowspell Strike, Aasb, Aosb
Laguna - Icy Offering, Frost Offering, Usb1
Aerith - Dispel, Curada, Glint+, Aasb, Usb2

Bartz did the heavy lift early letting me save Squall's aasb until about 50% health. Celes used her Aosb to push Odin into his final phase while Squall and Bartz did their thing. I actually messed up the very end and did a SSS with Squall instead of his Aosb which most likely would have killed Odin, this let Odin use one last elemental drive killing everyone but Bartz and Squall. Luckily Bartz came through in the clutch with a Quad Cast SSS for the kill.

I'm now debating on Water Weak or Holy Weak. Water weak would most likely be

Tidus - Aasb, Aosb
Rikku - Csb, Aasb
Rydia - Aasb, Aosb
and 2 healers just for added safety.

Holy weak would be

TGC - Aasb, Aosb, Osb, Usb
Agrias - Aasb, Usb2
Ramza - Csb, USb2

and I'm debating on Rem with her Aasb and Glint and 1 healer or just 2 healers.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Still have 1 selection to make on the Glint banner, I think i've narrowed it down to the following:

Elarra Glint - Have USB1/BSB/LMR
Tyro Glint ( 2k heal + esuna) - Have USB3, AASB, LMR
Terra Fire glint - Have AASB, w-fire LMR

I like Elarra glint cause it's more healing in a pinch, but I'd venture to say USB1 still does a phenomenal job of keeping up with heals.

Tyro's glint gives a mediocre heal, but i think there's utility in the group esuna as it serves as a slot saver for ultra cure.

Terra's glint will give me a cheaper and more stable source of en-fire.

FWIW I grabbed Squall's en Ice glint as he is near maxed out for me, ice wise at least.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
6th Odin down. Lightning weak. Snagged kain's sync which is such an upgrade over his awakening.

Still tough, would have been cake if I could ever get prompto chain. As is I had to use Reno :(

Just have fire and holy Odin left!

Party was:

Kain - Sync, aosb.
Lightning - Awakening, Army of One, OSB
Reno - .5 chain
Edge - usb0
Elarra - usb1

Expected skills on em. I grabbed lightning OSB from lenses after coming up just shy like 10 times.

Last edited: